New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVI: The biggest in-joke in gaming

Almost probably!
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    That's right, people! Join the IRC and get updates on Steam related stuff in real time.

Join us! Please?
    *announce voice* Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard him right! The biggest in-joke in gaming has joined IRC! Come one, come all! You, too, can be updated on all of your Steam needs as soon as it happens! Don't miss the greatest show on earth!

(Disclaimer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some exclusions apply. See store for details. Steam is trademarked for official use by Valve Software. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Nap was here. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant equipment or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty item only. Not available in stores. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.
    )

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    That's right, people! Join the IRC and get updates on Steam related stuff in real time.

Join us! Please?
    Apparently you guys keep talking about me sooooo... no.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    *announce voice* Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard him right! The biggest in-joke in gaming has joined IRC! Come one, come all! You, too, can be updated on all of your Steam needs as soon as it happens! Don't miss the greatest show on earth!

(Disclaimer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some exclusions apply. See store for details. Steam is trademarked for official use by Valve Software. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Nap was here. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant equipment or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty item only. Not available in stores. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.
    )
    You seem bored.

Anyway, let's see how little mercy we can give, y'all. Gonna start looking for people.

(Still saving Sacrifice for later today, to those who may or may not be Phase)

Edit: Ok, hold on, it just started downloading. Uh, woops. I actually thought it had finished. Um... 2% in the last ten minutes and at 50 kb/s... may not happen for a while.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-10-05 at 02:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Apparently you guys keep talking about me sooooo... no.
    You make this penguin sad.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

hey look I'm on an IRC
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

7. - Top - End - #997

Imp

Did Phase ever find a fourth for his first Sacrifice run?

Because I'll be ready to play at around 7:00 EST.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

OH NOES:

Mah Steam has died! And it took all mah game data!

Until I can get them back, I will rage at not playing the Sacrifice.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

So, three questions:

Is paint single use or not?

Can the Modest Pile be painted?

Does repainting it just change the band, or most of the hat?

The answers will determine whether I need some white paint.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    So, three questions:

Is paint single use or not?

Can the Modest Pile be painted?

Does repainting it just change the band, or most of the hat?

The answers will determine whether I need some white paint.
    Ask, and the TF2 wiki delivers.

11. - Top - End - #1001

I'm totally up for L4D2! Never played L4D1 so I'm looking forward to trying the new characters.

And now I'm waiting for it to update. Damn.
    Last edited by tarbrush; 2010-10-05 at 04:37 PM.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed, mine is telling me it'll be done in one day and nine hours.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Is anyone else having issues with steam? Won't start for me, says it can't connect.
    Steam Profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985676498

Feel free to add me.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

So the Sacrifice is pretty great, but the Survivors quite noticeably don't announce any of the new weapons. Kinda irked me.

Also, this is gonna be Murder in Vs.

Especially the finale.

I was right about everything in the finale.

The finale will be the King of Murder in Vs.

It will sit astride a mighty steed of corpses, knives with hooves and guns for eyes, and the finale will raise its cyanide hands, take off it's laser beam hats and strike thee down with the power of its unholy explosion crotch.

THOU SHALL BOW BEFORE THE KING OF MURDER AND BE ANNIHILATED!
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I now also dislike Zoey - Looking after her own meant abandonning Nick, Coach, Rochelle and Ellis (mostly because of Ellis) to lots of zombies when they had enough supplies and the like to take them with them to the new "safe" zone.
    I would chalk that up to plot hole instead of them being intentionally made to look selfish.

There's leaving people behind because you can't afford to help them. Then there's leaving them behind for not good reason whatsoever, it was never explained why Nick and co couldn't just hop over and join them.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2010-10-05 at 06:30 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup. When The Passing was released, I doubt they had much more in the way of specifics for the original survivors to consider telling the new ones than "the military is jerks". I especially doubt they wrote it knowing
    Spoiler
    Show
    that the L4D1 survivors had a fully stocked escape boat ready to sail to a zombie-free island paradise in a day or two without further effort.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

17. - Top - End - #1007

CURSE YOU, GOD OF DOWNLOAD SPEEDS! IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW, I SACRIFICE A VINTAGE BACKBURNER TO YE*, TO AID ME IN DOWNLOADING THE SACRIFICE!

Spoiler
    Show
    After I play the sacrifice, of course, so the download doesn't pause.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Left 4 Dead 2 is currently on sale for $6.79.

The Glengarry Bonnet sells for $7.49 in the Mann Co. Store, as does the Otolaryngologist's Mirror.
    And though they are not for sale in the Mann Co. Store, I also possess the Whoopee cap, the Medic's Procedural Mask.

You might see where I'm going with this...

I desire to trade hats for L4D2.

If anyone is amenable to this arrangement, PM me here, leave a message on my steam profile or hit me up on steam chat to make an offer.
    Last edited by Science Officer; 2010-10-05 at 07:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Science Officer View Post
    I desire to trade hats for L4D2.
    It has come to this.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    It has come to this.
    My god.

Is it weird that I'm considering this deal?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

21. - Top - End - #1011

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    My god.

Is it weird that I'm considering this deal?
    I would accept it, but I don't have the money.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Kobold

I would accept it, but I don't have the money.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah I took a look at the amount of data that I'm downloading...3.4 gigs. Holy crap, I just got home and I'm totally not playing this for a while if not until tomorrow.
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

24. - Top - End - #1014

If anyone is is sitting on a couple extra huntsmans and wouldnt mind throwing one or 2 my way, I have a vintage bonk, vintage skullcutter, gunboats, or a frontier justice i would trade. Also, I got a dueling game and a crate today... I would trade the crate for any new item or an interesting hat.
    Current Sexy Reya Dawnbringer avatar by Edwin, thanks for the awesomeness.

"Come with me, and we'll be...
    In a world of total annihilation." .....Itnetlolor of Bay12 forums

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

On the subject of L4D, is it worth buying the LFD 1+2 package, or just one? If so, which one is better?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    On the subject of L4D, is it worth buying the LFD 1+2 package, or just one? If so, which one is better?
    It is ten dollars for both. This is an incredible fun density, rivaled perhaps only by the Orange Box being on sale or Portal being free.

Get both, support Valve, receive two awesome games in return.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

I found part four to be incredibly awesome to read to this:

Mars, Bringer of War.

Personally I like L4D2 a bit more than 1 since there are a lot more tactical decisions you can make and it's not so routine. Should I pick up the double pistol, magnum, or the melee weapon? However, I like the look of L4D1 a lot more. It has the gritty look and feel of an old school zombie/horror movie (which is the point of the game in the first place) and it definitely makes you feel like you're there. I'd say get both, since they both have good times to be had. Oh, and L4D1 has Bill. Damn is he cool.

"Shut your mouth and open your eyes Francis. You'll aim better that way."
    "I believe that pickles are cucumbers that sold out....they sold their soul to the devil, and the devil was dill. ~Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    Special Guest keeps making me think that it is some uber-pro who eats crockets and fires rainbows.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleverin View Post
    I found part four to be incredibly awesome to read to this:

Mars, Bringer of War.

Personally I like L4D2 a bit more than 1 since there are a lot more tactical decisions you can make and it's not so routine. Should I pick up the double pistol, magnum, or the melee weapon? However, I like the look of L4D1 a lot more. It has the gritty look and feel of an old school zombie/horror movie (which is the point of the game in the first place) and it definitely makes you feel like you're there. I'd say get both, since they both have good times to be had. Oh, and L4D1 has Bill. Damn is he cool.

"Shut your mouth and open your eyes Francis. You'll aim better that way."
    Slev is right, While L4D2 has more modes and weapons, it cant match the apocalyptic feel of L4D1.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Worth it. Lots of people who play both, too.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

30. - Top - End - #1020

Kobold

VAGUE DECLARATION OF INTENT:

At a time [SPECIFICALLY: THE FUTURE] I [SPECIFICALLY: SUSAN "SHADOW_ARCHMAGI" BRINDLE] will show [SPECIFICALLY: LIVESTREAM] a completely legal [SPECIFICALLY: ARGENTINIAN COPY] movie [SPECIFICALLY: JUDGE DREDD]