New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

For Halloween, I vote Fear Dragon, a dragon that has an extremely powerful Frightful Presence and many other fear-causing abilities.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Banned

Maybe like a shapeshifter Boggart Dragon?
    Takes on whatever the beholder fears the most for a short period, gains abilities and such?
    //joke about beholders being the monster and not someone who beholds

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

If it did that, no one would ever see it's True form, (Except of course with True Seeing but lets face it how many NPC's have that.) so how would we know it was a dragon at all and not just some very powerful Boggart?
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    If it did that, no one would ever see it's True form, (Except of course with True Seeing but lets face it how many NPC's have that.) so how would we know it was a dragon at all and not just some very powerful Boggart?
    Breath Weapon?

"AH!! Ants! I hate those things! Spiders! Ahhh!! OH GOD, NOW IT IS BREATHING FLAMES, WHAT IS THIS, I DON'T EVEN-"
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

I second Un_known's idea.
    And dragonsamurai77's.

Trust me. A floppy dragon-shaped cloth thing that absorbs human flesh and stitches it into it's skin would be terrifying. You'd probably still be able to see several faces, still intact and attached to the skin, but with the openings sewn shut. Seeing that many faces all over the body of a dragon would....
    Yeah. That would definitely justify an extra powerful fear aura.

Also, have you build that necrocarnum dragon yet? Don't know who requested it, but, yeesh, this dragon would make a perfect necrocarnum dragon.

Edit: Oh, never mind the necrocarnum thing. I saw it's the 16th down on the list. Still, another one couldn't hurt, could it?
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-10-21 at 11:03 AM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Okay here is something to get you looking at the Abyssal Demonlord Dragons again.

Make two different Demonlord Abyssal Dragons from these two ideas.

"How about a Drakewasp Swarm or something like that?
    Or a kind of dragon that "infects" other creatures to make half-dragonish spawn" - GreatWyrmGold
    And I was afraid no one would like those ideas.
    Let's see if I can come up with more!
    Let's see...A Warping Dragon, which looks like a mutant dragon of some sort, is everchanging, and has a warping touch and breath weapon?
    Or one that grafts parts of other creatures onto it?
    Or one that's a dragon body that switches souls with whoever its breath weapon strikes, creating a dragon that has horrible multiple personality disorder and insane people with fragments of a bunch of minds and souls in place of their normal one?
    Or one that switches types with any dragon it touches, turning the other one into a [whatever] dragon?
    Or...a dragon that is invisible and/or continues a running joke?

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    Breath Weapon?

"AH!! Ants! I hate those things! Spiders! Ahhh!! OH GOD, NOW IT IS BREATHING FLAMES, WHAT IS THIS, I DON'T EVEN-"
    Breath weapons aren't always fire, you know....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Gaah! TvTropes! My one weakness.

*Goes off to read for four hours*

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Soulshell Dragon
    Dragon
    Environment: Temperate Swamps.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24
    Treasure: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: Standard; adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil.

Having heard that these dragons were the original source of the art of pact magic, like their more prevalent kin are believed to be the source of arcane magic, I of course could not resist the urge to investigate. I travelled to the distant, fetid bogs that these dragons dwell upon, on the fifth planet of the Urstspace. I was sidetracked for a time with a quest in the service of Queen Eliza of Talorn, and the confirmation of old flow sailors’ tales of star dragons which fly through the Rainbow Sea*. That, though, is a story for another scroll, this one being instead dedicated to soulshell dragons.

I found them in the dreadful swamps of Hast, the wyrms moving slowly through the bog as absolute lords over the aboriginal lizardfolk. I began to converse with one of these dragons, after a simple display of my strength (it had no right to mind being put into a forcecage that much). After several weeks of studying this great wyrm, I moved on to study others of its kin. My discoveries during this time were impressive and amazing.

First let me summarily dismiss the idea that soulshell dragons are the progenitors of pact magic. My research has instead led me to believe that they more than any other group of creatures have set back that field. My research has led me to discover that soulshell dragons were once mundane black dragons that tampered with pact magic. Due to the contagious nature of magic, and the notable susceptibility that unborn dragons have to magical mutations, their children were born vessels for the vestiges they had once bound. These dragons were such perfect vessels that the vestiges within their capability to bind soon became addicted to this greater sense of liberty and freedom, this fuller experience than humanoid binders can ever hope to give them. Within a generation novice binders could no longer learn the art of pact magic due to the weaker vestiges seeking only to bind with these perfect vessels. It was then that the vestiges learned their mistake, for the soulshell dragons upon reaching maturity turned from perfect vessel to ruthless tyrant with absolute control of the pact able to force a vestige to bind willing or not. Bound to a wyrmling the vestige has an absolute sense of life, so intoxicating they rarely desire other bonds; bound to an adult they have no sensation except that of being absolutely and entirely controlled by another.

This led to the collapse of the binding arts across countless crystal spheres, many of which have never recovered the secrets required. Some of which never will. The vestiges themselves learned that to trust soulshell dragons as their only source of involvement in life was a surety of disaster and have never again made such a folly, although no vestige may resist the call of a soulshell dragon.

As to the dragons themselves the young are merely lenses for the vestiges they call. They taint the vestige’s world towards chaos and evil, towards wanton greed and cruelty but they also serve as the most direct conduits in my knowledge for vestiges to experience the world and as such are beloved by vestiges. They have little will of their own, a soulshell dragon who has bound Karsus will become absorbed with arrogance and the pursuit of arcane knowledge, while if the same dragon bound Leraje they would have the humility of one whose hubris has been punished and a great deference towards elves. They think no thought completely their own and are as much an implement of the vestige’s will as their own agency, the only exception is during the time when they have no vestige bound due to the end of the pact a time that these dragons fear and hate.

When they reach full adulthood, though, the balance in this relationship changes drastically; the dragon goes from servant to absolute dictator and the vestige from superior to lowliest slave. At this point the dragon begins to develop its own powerful personality, influenced by those vestiges it bound regularly while younger and those vestiges it first binds upon reaching adulthood. The bound vestiges, though, have no power or influence on the actions of these full grown soulshell dragons, though, and do not get to experience even the shadow of this life they so long for instead acting purely to empower the dragon controlling them. These full grown soulshell dragons are avaricious, vicious, and their lust for power knows no or nearly no bounds.

-Zasper, Grand Archmage of the 9th Circle, Bearer of the Crystal Crown, Friend to Bahamut, Foe to Tiamat, Hero of a Hundred Kingdoms, Keeper of the 89th Secret of Talorn, Walker of Worlds, the Purple Archmage, and Champion of Halm.

*: As a special note star dragons do make excellent tea and cakes.

As Zasper left without describing their physical nature, I shall now do so. Soulshell dragons have scales of a dull, non-reflective black showing only few signs of change as they age. They have four horns upon their heads, two stretching from each side and each pair connected by an ornamental frill. Soulshell dragons have yellow eyes, although only when a vestige is not bound which is a rare enough occurrence, and pure black eyes when a vestige is bound (unless dictated otherwise by it sign). They have six claws on each foot.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 10 13 8 9 14 5/2 7 5 4 3 1d8 13 -
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (66 hp) 15 10 15 10 11 16 8/10 10 8 6 6 2d8 16 -
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 10 15 10 11 16 11/14 14 9 7 7 3d8 17 -
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 21 10 17 12 11 18 14/23 18 12 9 9 4d8 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 23 10 19 12 13 18 17/27 22 14 10 11 5d8 22 22
    Adult H 20d12+80 (210 hp) 25 10 19 14 13 20 20/35 25 16 12 13 6d8 24 24
    Mature Adult H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 27 10 21 16 15 20 23/39 29 18 13 15 7d8 26 26
    Old H 26d12+130 (299 hp) 29 10 21 16 15 22 26/43 33 20 15 17 8d8 28 29
    Very Old H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 31 10 23 18 17 22 29/47 37 22 16 19 9d8 30 30
    Ancient G 32d12+224 (432 hp) 35 10 25 18 17 24 32/56 40 25 18 21 10d8 33 33
    Wyrm G 35d12+281 (508 hp) 37 10 27 20 19 24 35/60 44 27 19 23 11d8 35 34
    Great Wyrm G 38d12+305 (552 hp) 39 10 27 22 21 26 38/64 48 29 21 26 12d8 37 37

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Effective Binder Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 40-ft +0 14 (+1 size, +3 natural) - Immune to Fear, Empty Vessel, Soul Binding, Detect Vestige, Water Breathing 1st
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 40-ft +0 16 (+6 natural) - Bound One's Whispers 3rd
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 19 (+9 natural) - Hasten Vestige 4th
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) - Slippery Mind 6th
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) 19 DR 5/magic 7th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) 21 Dominate Vestige, Quicken Vestige Ability 9th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 22 Immune to Negative Levels and Energy Drain, DR 10/magic 10th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 24 Rapid Vestige 12th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 13th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), swim 40-ft +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) 27 Immunity to Mind-Affecting Spells and effect 15th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 28 Dr 20/magic 16th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 30 Soul Binding (two vestiges) 18th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A soulshell dragon has two breath weapons. The first is a line of spiritual energy which deals the listed (untyped) damage, with a Fort save for half. The second is a cone of soul shriveling gas which deals 1 point of Wisdom damage per two age categories (Will halves).

Empty Vessel (Su): A soulshell dragon automatically fails all binding checks.

Soul Binding: A soulshell dragon may bind vestiges as a binder of the level listed on the table above. No matter what effective level they have from this effect they may only bind one vestige at a time. A great wyrm soulshell dragon and may bind two vestiges simultaneously.

Detect Vestige (Sp): A soulshell dragon may use Detect Vestige as a spell-like ability at-will (CL = Binder Level).

Bound One’s Whispers (Su): A very young soulshell dragon gains an insight bonus to attacks, saving throws, or AC equal to one-half its age category whenever it has a vestige bound. Whenever it binds a vestige it may choose to change which to apply this insight bonus to.

Hasten Vestige (Su): A young or older soulshell dragon needs only to wait 1d4 rounds to use ability granted by a bound vestige that normally require 5 rounds to recharge.

Slippery Mind (Su): A juvenile older soulshell dragon may slip its mind free of effects that would compel or control it. If it fails a saving throw against an enchantment spell or effect it may attempt to make the save again 1 round later at the same DC. A soulshell dragon only gets this one extra chance to succeed on a saving throw.

Dominate Vestige (Su): An adult or older soulshell dragon loses the Empty Vessel ability and gains this one in its stead. They no longer need to make Binding checks, instead automatically succeeding, and gain Expel Vestige and Rapid Pact Making as bonus feats; they may use these feats one extra time per day per 2 age categories. Adult or older soulshell dragons may also suppress any signs they choose from their bound vestige.

Quicken Vestige Ability (Ex): 3 times per day an adult or older soulshell dragon may use an ability of its bound vestige which would normally take a standard action as a swift action.

Rapid Vestige (Su) An old or older soulshell dragon may use any ability of their vestige which normally requires a 5 round wait once per round.

Skills: Bluff and Spellcraft are class skills for soulshell dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-27 at 02:37 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Star Dragon
    Dragon
    Environment: The Flow and Wildspace.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or pod (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or pod (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 6, Very Young 8, Young 11, Juvenile 14, Young Adult 17, Adult 20, Mature Adult 23, Old 25, Very Old 27, Ancient 30, Wyrm 33, Great Wyrm 36
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Always Neutral Good.

Star dragons, the majestic dragons that swim through the Rainbow Sea, I promised that my next scroll would discuss these wondrous creatures. One of the few beasts which I doubt my ability to combat, star dragons are extremely powerful creatures which fly through the Flow and Wild Space as they please. At least for the most part, as my encounter with one involved rescuing a pod of youngsters who had been captured by a human spelljamming empire.

Star dragons are noble hearted created, which will sometimes come to the aid of star-farers trapped in sargassos. They dwell beyond the stars themselves, and their influence on most worlds is minimal as they rarely interact with them. They are reclusive creatures by nature, lairing in far away places (the one I met lived in a planet surrounded by a sargasso which would have been unreachable by normal spelljamming vessels. Of its pod one now lives on a planet somewhere in the Flow, a site I feel compelled to find and investigate, and another lives in Athasspace, the third on an asteroid in a crystal sphere left uninhabited by the clockwork horrors. On his world the star dragon served as high judge to the disputes of the primitive society of lizardfolk slowly developing upon it.

Star dragons are extremely long lived, taking twice as long in each age category as regular dragons, although I was unable to learn the total length of their lifespan, only that relatively young dragons are already of such strength they may challenge the great wyrms of more traditional dragons. In fact since they show several similarities to force and prismatic dragons (as well as mithril dragons and malison dragons) including rate of maturation I am tempted to group them with these “epic” dragons as opposed to the more common types of true dragons but I am halted as they do not show the full powers of these powerful and terrible dragons, placing them awkwardly between the two groups.

Star dragons are extremely large dragons, and the larger dragons actually reach the ability to carry atmosphere as true spelljamming vessels. Even the younger dragons may fly at spelljamming speeds when outside of the gravity of other large bodies; a pod of star dragons may attune themselves to each other before going to spelljamming speeds so that none are pulled down to non-spelljamming speeds alone. A family of star dragons in flight together is a truly wondrous sight, the light of a sun gleaming upon their blue scales as they fly into the void.

Star dragons have blue scales that grow more reflective and lustrous as they mature till they shine and twinkle like the stars themselves. Their eyes are a pure, bright and burning white. Their wings are the same color as their bodies at birth but darken as their bodies grow bright, till they are like the night sky by full maturity. A series of spines run down their long bodies from head to tip of tail, and they have a pair of frills that run parallel to these spines for the first part of their neck.

In combat a star dragon relies on its magical powers, rivaling those of powerful archmages, and their powerful bodies. They also are not above using their breath weapons, bursts of pure cosmic energy that carries a hint of the explosive essence of the flow within them. They are resistant to divinations, mind influencing magic, and attacks against their lifeforce directly making them powerful and dangerous creatures which must be fought primarily by force of arms. They can make powerful friends and allies to noble spirited explorers of space, or devastating foes to those who would threaten something under their protection.

- Zasper, Grand Archmage of the 9th Circle, Bearer of the Crystal Crown, Friend to Bahamut, Foe to Tiamat, Hero of a Hundred Kingdoms, Keeper of the 89th Secret of Talorn, Walker of Worlds, the Purple Archmage, and Champion of Halm.

As Zasper has so thoughtfully bestowed upon me yet another of his scrolls (an excerpt of my translation of which can be found above) I will do my best to record these star dragons in game terms.*

*I will not provide full translations because those would take much too long (you can try translating 50+ pages of draconic sometime).

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling L 10d12+30 (95 hp) 23 10 17 14 15 14 10/20 15 10 7 9 5d8 18 -
    Very Young H 14d12+56 (147 hp) 27 10 19 18 19 18 14/30 20 13 9 13 10d8 21 21
    Young H 18d12+108 (225 hp) 29 12 23 20 21 20 18/35 25 17 12 16 15d8 25 24
    Juvenile G 22d12+154 (297 hp) 33 12 25 24 25 24 22/45 29 20 14 20 20d8 28 28
    Young Adult G 26d12+208 (377 hp) 35 14 27 26 27 26 26/50 34 23 17 23 25d8 31 31
    Adult G 30d12+270 (465 hp) 39 14 29 30 31 30 30/56 40 26 19 27 30d8 34 35
    Mature Adult G 34d12+374 (595 hp) 41 16 33 32 33 32 34/61 45 30 22 30 35d8 38 38
    Old C 38d12+456 (703 hp) 45 16 35 36 37 36 38/71 47 33 24 34 40d8 41 42
    Very Old C 42d12+546 (819 hp) 47 18 37 38 39 38 42/76 52 36 27 37 45d8 44 45
    Ancient C 46d12+690 (989 hp) 51 18 41 42 43 42 46/82 58 40 29 41 50d8 48 49
    Wyrm C 50d12+800 (1125 hp) 55 20 43 44 45 44 50/88 64 43 32 44 55d8 51 52
    Great Wyrm C+ 54d12+918 (1269 hp) 59 20 45 48 49 48 54/94 70 46 34 48 60d8 54 56

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +0 19 (-1 size, +9 natural, +1 deflection) - Immune to Fire and Cold, Starfarer, DR 5/magic, Alternate Form, Deflecting Force, Open Crystal Sphere 1st
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 23 (-2 size, +13 natural, +2 deflection) - Hidden Amidst the Stars 3rd
    Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +1 28 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +17 natural, +2 Deflection) 30 DR 10/magic 5th
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 300-ft (good) +1 31 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +21 natural, +3 Deflection) 33 Immune to Mind-Affecting Effects 7th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 300-ft (good) +2 37 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +25 natural, +4 Deflection) 36 DR 15/magic and DR 10/epic 9th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 300-ft (good) +2 42 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +29 natural, +5 Deflection) 39 Immunity to Ability Damage and Drain, Open Crystal Sphere (Permanent) 11th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 300-ft (good) +3 47 (-4 size, +3 Dex, +33 natural, +5 Deflection) 42 DR 20/epic 13th
    Old 60-ft, fly 400-ft (good) +3 48 (-8 size, +3 Dex, +37 natural, +6 Deflection) 45 Warded Life 15th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 400-ft (good) +4 54 (-8 size, +4 Dex, +41 natural, +7 Deflection) 48 DR 20/epic and 5/- 17th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 400-ft (good) +4 59 (-8 size, +4 Dex, +45 natural, +8 Deflection) 51 Gate 19th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 400-ft (good) +5 64 (-8 size, +5 Dex, +49 natural, +8 Deflection) 54 DR 20/epic and 10/- 21st
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 500-ft (good) +5 69 (-8 size, +5 Dex, +53 natural, +9 Deflection) 57 Lost Amidst the Stars, Wish 23rd

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A star dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of cosmic energy that burns enemies. It deals the listed untyped damage with a Reflex save for half. Any creature which takes damage from this ability gains fire vulnerability for 1 round per age category of the dragon as the essence of the Phlogiston wraps about them and surrounds them; in addition during this period they must make a Spellcraft check (same DC as the above saving throw DC) each time they would cast a spell with the fire descriptor or the spell backfires dealing any damage it would normally have dealt to the caster themselves (no save allowed against this damage).

Starfarer (Su): A star dragon has the ability to fly at spelljamming speeds as if it were a spelljamming vessel. In addition star dragons do not require breathing and may survive for a month per age category between meals. Star dragons are immune to the preservative effects of the Phlogiston.

Deflecting Force (Su): A star dragon is protected by a shield of force that provides a deflection bonus to its AC. The deflection bonus is equal to one-half the dragon’s Charisma bonus.

Alter Form (Su): A star dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Open Crystal Sphere (Su): Once per day per age category a star dragon may open a gateway in a crystal sphere which is 100-ft in diameter. This opening remains for 1 hour before closing. An adult or older star dragon may choose to instead cause any opening it creates to remain permanently.

Hidden Amidst the Stars (Su): A very young or older star dragon cannot be detected or found by divination spells (or clairsentience powers) or abilities which copy the effects of divination spells unless they are by a star dragon of an equal or higher age category.

Warded Life (Su): The raging power of the cosmos within an old or older star dragon grants it immunity to all effects which a Death Ward spell would protect against.

Lost Amidst the Stars (Su): 3 times per day a great wyrm star dragon may send a creature into a mystical maze of stars, a spiritual manifestation of the Flow and the various beacons of light which exist in the form of Crystal Spheres. This duplicates the effects of a Maze spell and is usable as a swift action. The DC of the Intelligence check to escape this maze is 30 instead of 20 and the target may only make such a check every other round. The maze disappears after 10 minutes still.

Spells: A star dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level and may choose spells known from the cleric spell list, and the dragon, moon, sun, good, protection, and time domain lists, as well as sorcerer/wizard list.

Spell-like Abilities: 1/day Gate (ancient or older), Wish (great wyrm).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 09:07 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Lodestone Dragons:
    Construct (Living Construct, Dragonforged)
    Environment: Cold mountains or underground
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4, Very Young 5, Young 7, Juvenile 9, Young Adult 11, Adult 13, Mature Adult 15, Old 16, Very Old 18, Ancient 19, Wyrm 21, Great Wyrm 23.
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good

Lodestone dragons, the fifth type of meta-dragons seem to be made of solid, black iron. Their movements are slow and ponderous but they have great physical power and move forward implacably. Lodestone dragons were first formed from veins of magnetic ore deep in the earth near the Sleeper’s tomb. They were filled with his martial spirit, great warriors who live to defend others.

Lodestone dragons are brave creatures, living in the mountains of the frigid north where they sometimes war with white dragons and frost giants. They form close alliances with dwarves and gnomes which dwell in these regions, and can sometimes be found as additional troops in their militia and defensive forces.

Lodestone dragons are effective against human soldiers, and other forces that rely on metal weapons and armor in a fight. While clumsy and far from agile, they are still powerful close combat fighters, using their magnetic cold blasts too slow enemy combatants while they tear through the defensive line with their powerful physical assault.

Lodestone dragons look like dragons made of pure iron. They look closest to bronze dragons with similar structure of their metallic bones. Their eyes are a deep blue growing paler as it ages till it becomes a pale sky blue.

Wyrmling M 6d10+6 (45 hp) 15 8 13 12 11 10 4/6 6 6 1 5 2d6 14 -
    Very Young M 9d10+18 (67 hp) 17 8 15 14 13 12 6/9 9 8 2 7 4d6 16 -
    Young L 12d10+36 (102 hp) 21 8 17 14 13 12 9/18 13 11 3 9 6d6 19 -
    Juvenile L 15d10+60 (142 hp) 23 8 19 16 15 14 11/21 16 13 4 11 8d6 21 -
    Young Adult H 18d10+90 (189 hp) 27 8 21 18 15 16 13/29 19 16 5 13 10d6 24 22
    Adult H 21d10+126 (241 hp) 29 8 23 20 17 18 15/32 22 18 6 15 12d6 26 24
    Mature Adult H 24d10+168 (300 hp) 33 8 25 22 17 20 18/37 27 21 7 17 14d6 29 27
    Old H 27d10+216 (368 hp) 35 8 27 22 19 20 20/40 30 23 8 19 16d6 31 28
    Very Old G 30d10+270 (435 hp) 39 8 29 24 19 22 22/48 32 26 9 21 18d6 34 31
    Ancient G 33d10+330 (511 hp) 41 8 31 26 21 24 24/51 35 28 10 23 20d6 36 33
    Wyrm G 36d10+396 (594 hp) 43 8 33 28 21 26 27/55 39 31 11 25 22d6 39 36
    Great Wyrm C 39d10+468 (682 hp) 47 8 35 30 23 28 29/63 39 33 12 27 24d6 41 38

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Artificer Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 60-ft (clumsy) -1 20 (-1 Dex, +11natural) - Immunity to Cold, vulnerability to fire, cold iron body, repel metal, moderate fortification -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 60-ft (clumsy) -1 23 (-1 Dex, +14 natural) - Immobolize -
    Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (clumsy) -1 25 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +17 natural) - DR 5/magic -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 100-ft (clumsy) -1 28 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +20 natural) - Construct Body -
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (clumsy) -1 30 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +23 natural) 19 DR 10/magic 1st
    Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (clumsy) -1 33 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +26 natural) 21 Telekinesis 3rd
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (clumsy) -1 36 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +29 natural) 23 DR 15/magic 5th
    Old 40-ft, fly 100-ft (clumsy) -1 39 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +32 natural) 25 Deflect Ray 7th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 40 (-4 size, -1 Dex, +35 natural) 27 DR 20/magic and DR 5/adamantine 9th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 43 (-4 size, -1 Dex, +38 natural) 29 Quickened Slow 11th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 46 (-4 size, -1 Dex, +41 natural) 31 DR 20/magic and DR 10/adamantine 13th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 45 (-8 size, -1 Dex, +44 natural) 33 Telekinetic Grasp 15th

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A lodestone dragon has only one breath weapon a cone of magnetic cold. It deals the listed cold damage to all creatures within the area (Reflex for half) and any creature which fails its save is considered to be carrying one weight category more of encumbrance for 1d4 rounds +1 round per age category of the dragon. A creature not carrying any metallic items is not affected by this secondary effect.

Cold Iron Body (Ex): A lodestone dragon’s natural weapons are considered to be cold iron for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Repel Metal (Su): Any attacks with metal weapons suffer a penalty to hit equal to the lodestone dragon’s age category.

Immobilize (Su): 1/day +1/day per 4 age categories above very young, as a swift action a lodestone dragon may immobilize any 1 creature wearing metal armor for 1 round. A Fort save (DC = breath weapon DC) negates this effect. A lodestone dragon may use a swift action each round to extend the duration of this effect for 1 more round, although an affected creature may make a Fort save (same DC) each round as a full-round action.

Construct Body (Ex): A juvenile or older lodestone dragon is no longer subject to critical hits, subdual damage, death from massive damage, necromancy effects, or any spell or spell-like ability which allows a Fort save and does not also affect objects.

Deflect Ray (Su): When an old or older lodestone dragon would be hit by a ranged touch attack it may make a DC 20 Charisma check as an immediate action to cause the attack to miss.

Quickened Slow (Sp): An ancient or older lodestone dragon may use slow as a swift action 3/day. The CL for this ability is the dragon’s effective artificer level.

Telekinetic Grasp (Su): A great wyrm lodestone dragon may create telekinetic forces that act as any Bigby’s Hand spell. It may duplicate these effects as a swift action, but may only have one hand in existence at a time.

Infusions: A lodestone dragon may use infusions as an artificer of the listed level. It may also use spells from the Strength domain as if they were artificer infusions of the same level.

Spell-like Abilities: at-will Telekinesis (adult or older).

Skills: Appraise is a class skill for lodestone dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 02:15 AM.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

3 new dragons; had no internet for 2 days so I made some. Would be more but that meant I didn't have access to youtube and the music I listen to while making dragons

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #492
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hurray for more dragons and a completed list of Meta-Dragons.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quartz Dragon
    Dragon (Earth, Psionic)
    Environment: Any desert
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 2, Very Young 4, Young 6, Juvenile 8, Young Adult 10, Adult 13, Mature Adult 15, Old 18, Very Old 19, Ancient 21, Wyrm 22, Great Wyrm 24.
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always True Neutral

In forgotten deserts quartz dragons dwell, amidst ancient crumbling ruins of a lost civilization. Quartz dragons study the history of reality, thinking on the winding course and flow of history and the influence that living races have on the world as a whole. Quartz dragons rarely intervene in the events of the world around them, preferring instead to follow Chronopsis and watch, and record every event.

Quartz dragons are voracious devourers of knowledge, always seeking out new insight, and new information. They prefer to watch as history is made, using their ability to take humanoid shape to observe it without directly influencing events whenever possible. It is possible to tempt a quartz dragon to stray from its narrow path of non-intervention. They will freely trade information for information or for gold if they believe it of equal value. There are a few cases where via magic or great riches they have been led to physically intervene in events taking a front line role in the weave of history.

Among the weakest of the gem dragons, quartz dragons avoid confrontation when possible. They use their mastery of prescience to predict oncoming enemies and will often quietly move out of the way of seekers. Hiding their hordes deep beneath the desert sands where would be thieves cannot find them. Due to their position in the desert quartz dragons often have to flee from blue dragons and have been known to subtly help brass dragons against them.

Quartz dragons have cloudy white scales, splotched with pink and red. Their eyes are solid pink, as if made from rose quartz. Its body is long and with the look of fine craftsmanship, beautiful but strong. Its face is narrow, its shoulders broad, and its hands quite dexterous for dragons.

Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30 hp) 11 10 13 14 15 14 4/-4 6 5 4 6 1d8 13 -
    Very Young S 7d12+7 (52 hp) 13 10 13 14 15 14 7/4 9 6 5 7 2d8 14 -
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 15 10 15 16 17 16 10/12 12 9 7 10 3d8 17 -
    Juvenile M 13d12+26 (104 hp) 17 10 15 18 19 18 13/16 16 10 8 12 4d8 18 -
    Young Adult L 16d12+48 (143 hp) 19 10 17 18 19 18 16/24 19 13 10 14 5d8 21 22
    Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 21 10 19 20 21 20 19/28 23 15 11 16 6d8 23 24
    Mature Adult H 22d12+88 (231 hp) 23 10 19 20 21 20 22/36 26 17 13 18 7d8 25 26
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 25 10 21 22 23 22 25/40 30 19 14 20 8d8 27 28
    Very Old H 28d12+140 (322 hp) 27 10 21 24 25 24 28/44 34 21 16 23 9d8 29 31
    Ancient H 31d12+186 (387 hp) 29 10 23 26 27 26 31/48 38 23 17 25 10d8 31 33
    Wyrm G 34d12+204 (425 hp) 31 10 23 28 29 28 34/56 40 25 19 28 11d8 33 36
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+259 (499 hp) 33 10 25 30 31 30 37/60 44 27 20 30 12d8 35 38

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Manifester Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural) - Immune to Acid, Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) - Alternate Form 1st
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 19 (+9 natural) - - 3rd
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 22 (+12 natural) - Remote Viewing 5th
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) 19 DR 5/magic 7th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 21 True Seeing 9th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 22 DR 10/magic 11th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 24 Psionic Moment of Prescience 13th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 15th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) 27 Foresight 17th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 28 Dr 20/magic 19th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), swim 20-ft, burrow 30-ft +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 30 Hypercognition 20th

Special Abilities:

Gem Dragon: A quartz dragon is a gem dragon and as such may travel to the Inner Planes at will and has Fire Resistance 30.

Breath Weapon (Su): A quartz dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of slime. This slime deals acid damage of the listed value (Reflex save for half) and creatures which fail their Reflex save are also entangled for 1d4 rounds.

Alternate Form (Su): A quartz dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

True Seeing (Su): An adult or older quartz dragon can automatically see through illusions and the true forms of transmuted creatures as if they were continuously under a True Seeing effect.

Psionics: A quartz dragon can manifest psionic powers as if a psion of the listed level, they may select powers from the psion power list, the clairsentience discipline list, and the communication, knowledge, and mental power mantle lists.

Psi-like Abilities: 3/day Sensitivity to Psionic Impressions (wyrmling or older), Remote Viewing (juvenile or older), Hypercognition (great wyrm); 1/day: Psionic Moment of Prescience (old or older), Foresight (as sor/wiz spell, ancient or older)

Skills: Autohypnosis, Psicraft, and Use Psionic Device are class skills for a quartz dragon.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 10:10 PM.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing too special with this one; just a psionic dragon; a rather wimpy one actually. Only unique feature is its expanded access to psionic powers.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh, ooh ooh - a great dragon idea, even if it isn't chosen as the Halloween Dragon:

Flayerspawn Dragon - Yes, a dragon from beyond the end of time, born upon the winds of the same time portal that brought their Illithid masters back to our time; the Illithids enslaved everything, which means the remaining dragons, too - so naturally, they would experiment with the great beasts towards their own ends as everything else. From this, would be birthed mindflayer-bred dragons of immense and terrible power. Like, if not epic-level, then high-end.

Not only would they be naturally psionic and have crazy tentacle attacks and incredible resistances, they would also be irrevocably insane and ravenous.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Dragon Magazine #337 already did Brainstealer Dragons. Course they weren't that high level.

As a note this, or iron, is probably the most often suggested dragon.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

Naturally, it's been done.

We'll just have to do the most unoriginal original one - the dragon dragon.

Yes, the ultimate true dragon! Made up of every chromatic and metallic coloration.

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, HE IS - CAPTAIN DRAGON!
    Last edited by DrWeird; 2010-10-22 at 12:19 PM.
    Et tu, Brute?

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrWeird View Post
    Naturally, it's been done.

We'll just have to do the most unoriginal original one - the dragon dragon.

Yes, the ultimate true dragon! Made up of every chromatic and metallic coloration.

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, HE IS - CAPTAIN DRAGON!
    Io?

Okay I will say that how that was phrased it was an awesome suggestion, and if mind-flayer dragons hadn't already been done I'd have done it by now (I remember being so excited by that issue when it got here that I didn't stop eating my clam chowder to read that article because I was running an illithid game and was starting to apply the half-illithid template to a ?red? dragon). But I'm not quite ready to stat out over-deities (or retired over-deities) yet.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

No, not an overdeity - simply a very, very, very powerful, but (naturally) very low-populous race of dragons composed of every chromatic and metallic coloration.

I'm thinking a wizard did it.

EDIT: Okay, I concede that it would have to be at least a Demigod to make the mechanics work.
    Et tu, Brute?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Lunia Dragon
    Dragon (Extraplanar, Good, Law, Water)
    Environment: Temperate Aquatic (Mount Celestia)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 14; old 17; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 22
    Treasure: Standard.
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good.

Almost twelve thousand years ago the forces of the Abyss raged across the Outlands, before sacking the gate town of Excelsior and sweeping into Mount Celestia. Bahamut sent forth his avatar to meet them on the slopes of Lunia itself. The battle was fierce, as lantern archons scattered to find swords and thrones, and the avatar of the Platinum Dragon was covered by demons as if by a swarm of ants. The avatar broke the army, and scattered it, but crashed bleeding from a multitude of wounds into the Silver Sea. For centuries this lost left Bahamut weakened, but from the waters of the Silver Sea mixing with the body and blood of his avatar a new race of dragons sprung up. These dragons became watchdogs of the celestial realms, guardians of Lunia against the incursion of evil. Occasionally they extend their jurisdiction to Excelsior, Nemmiron, and Soul’s Desire as well as the regions around less important portals to the plane. It is not unheard of to see a Lunia dragon guarding a portal to Celestia on the Prime Material Plane.

Lunia dragons dwell mainly in the Silver Sea, long serpentine dragons well adapted to swimming in its luminescent depths. They can also be found on the slopes, but are more comfortable when submerged in the depths of the sea. They are compassionate creatures who care deeply for others but their first duty is to defend Celestia and sometimes these two directives conflict. They are constantly alert for evil and when they encounter it they will offer one warning, “Turn back, or die.” If this warning goes unheeded righteous wrath will be released upon the fool who ignored it.

Lunia dragons have iridescent silver scales which cover long, serpentine bodies. Their wings are like great fins and their back feet and tail are finned as well. They have shark-like fins upon their head and back, and like gold dragons have long catfish whiskers on their faces. Their eyes twinkle like a star in the night sky.

Wyrmling T 4d12+4 (30 hp) 11 10 13 10 15 12 4/-4 6 5 4 6 1d4+1 13 -
    Very Young S 7d12+14 (59 hp) 13 10 15 12 15 14 7/4 9 7 5 7 1d4+2 15 -
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 15 10 15 12 17 14 10/12 12 9 7 10 1d4+3 17 -
    Juvenile M 13d12+39 (117 hp) 17 10 17 14 19 16 13/16 16 11 8 12 1d4+4 19 -
    Young Adult L 16d12+48 (143 hp) 21 10 17 16 19 18 16/25 20 13 10 14 1d4+5 21 22
    Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 23 10 19 16 21 18 19/29 24 15 11 16 1d4+6 23 23
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 25 10 21 18 21 20 22/37 27 18 13 18 1d4+7 26 26
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 27 10 21 18 23 20 25/41 31 19 14 20 1d4+8 27 27
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 29 10 23 20 25 22 28/45 35 22 16 23 1d4+9 30 30
    Ancient H 31d12+186 (387 hp) 31 10 23 22 27 24 31/49 39 23 17 25 1d4+10 31 32
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459 hp) 35 10 25 24 29 26 34/58 42 26 19 28 1d4+11 34 35
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (536 hp) 37 10 27 26 31 28 37/62 46 28 20 30 1d4+12 36 37

Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 60-ft +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural) - Immune to Ability Damage, See Evil, Water Breathing, Night Sight -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 60-ft +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) - Alternate Form -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 19 (+9 natural) - Divine Health -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 22 (+12 natural) - Kiss of the Silver Sea, Battle Blessing 4th
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) 21 DR 5/magic 6th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 23 Lesser Celestial War Magic 8th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 25 DR 10/magic 10th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 27 True Seeing 12th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 29 DR 15/magic 14th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), swim 90-ft +0 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) 31 Greater Celestial War Magic 16th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), swim 120-ft +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 33 DR 20/magic 18th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), swim 120-ft +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 34 Stunning Gaze 20th

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A Lunia dragon has a single type of breath weapon, a line of peace inducing gas. This gas deals the listed Strength damage (Fort halves) and any creature which fails their Fort save suffers a penalty to attack rolls equal to the dragon’s age category for 1 round per point of Strength damage they suffered.

See Evil (Su): A lunia dragon may see auras of evil around creatures an objects at a glance. This functions as the 1st to 3rd rounds of Detect Evil continuously as a free action.

Nightsight (Ex): A Lunia dragon may see 8 times as well as a human in low-light conditions.

Alternate Form (Su): A very young or older Lunia dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller or the form of a lantern archon as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Divine Health (Su): A young or older Lunia dragon is immune to all diseases, including supernatural or magical ones.

Kiss of the Silver Sea (Su): A juvenile or older Lunia dragon’s bite attack deals +50% damage to creatures vulnerable to damage from holy water. In addition their bite attack now may hit incorporeal creatures as if it was ghost touch.

Battle Blessing (Su): When a juvenile or older Lunia dragon casts any spell from the paladin spell list they may cast it as a swift action with no increase in spell level.

Lesser Celestial War Magic (Su): When an adult or older Lunia dragon casts a spell on itself it may share the spell (as per the sorcerer ability Share Spells) with a single good aligned outsider or paladin of justice within 5-ft. Unlike the sorcerer ability this ability does not allow it to cast personal spells as touch spells on such targets.

True Seeing (Su): An old or older Lunia dragon benefits from a continual True Seeing effect as cast by a cleric.

Greater Celestial War Magic (Su): An ancient or older Lunia dragon may now share spells with a number of good aligned outsiders and/or paladins of justice within 30-ft equal to its Charisma bonus (minimum 1). This functions as Lesser Celestial War Magic except the range is increased to 30-ft and the maximum targets to have shared effects is increased as previously listed.

Stunning Gaze (Su): A great wyrm Lunia dragon gains a 60-ft gaze attack which stuns evil creatures which fail their save (same as frightful presence) for 1 round.

Spells: A Lunia dragon casts spells as a paladin of the listed level, except that its CL is equal to the number and not halved. It may fill its paladin spell slots with cleric spells and sanctified spells but these do not gain the benefit of Battle Blessing above.

Skills: Heal, and Swim are class skills for Lunia dragons. Spot is a personal favorite of theirs.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 01:36 PM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

The first of 6 dragons of the 7 Heavens is up, hope people like it.*

Also while an Io dragon isn't in the works, one that combines powers of all 5 metallic dragons is (but it'll be a bit).

*Why 6 and not 7 you ask? Cause no one but the head of the Archons has ever returned from the 7th Layer of Mount Celestia, so while there might be dragons belonging to it I can't really write about them; it's one of Planescape's great mysteries after all.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's because the meaning of life is on the 7th layer, and everybody who learns it can never leave, lest they destroy reality by revealing it.

Secret. Secret dragons...

Invisibility dragons.

Dragons that are invisible that act like ghosts and steal massive amounts of treasure and might be inherent to the astral or ethereal plane.

I can imagine someone looking up as the entire king's treasury goes flying off in a vaguely draconic formation, perplexed by its apparently self-sustained flight.
    Last edited by DrWeird; 2010-10-22 at 02:20 PM.
    Et tu, Brute?

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Gaah! TvTropes! My one weakness.

*Goes off to read for four hours*
    Oops. TWO links! Too bad it's not three. Wait...cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Mercuria Dragon:
    Dragon (Extraplanar, Fire, Good, Law)
    Environment: Temperate Mountains (Mount Celestia)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or formation (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or squad (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 9;
    young adult 11; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22;
    wyrm 23; great wyrm 26
    Treasure: Standard.
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good.

Where Lunia dragons guard the borders of Mount Celestia, the Mercuria dragons are the primary draconic warriors of the plane. Physically powerful creatures they have been known to barrel through fiendish legions when they are sent on crusades to Prime undergoing demonic assault. Mercuria dragons are not numerous, even the Lunia dragons outnumber these celestial warriors, but what they lack in numbers they make up in power. Mercuria dragons will serve as mounts for archon cavalry when archons are forced to go to war on other planes.

Occasionally Mercuria dragons will stop their battles to help guide travelers across the layer. Each dragon performs such services, or other forms of low servitude, one year out of every seven. These services remind the dragons, who due to their elevated role as warriors grow haughty and proud, of the value of humility and that power is not the true measure of value in sapient beings.

Mercuria dragons have scales the color of untainted, polished gold, with a latticework of pure white scales which run in between them. Their eyes are a fiery golden red, and despite their reptilian scales and bodies their wings are feathered like those of a hawk or a celestial. Mercuria dragons have strong and sturdy bodies, more compressed than those of some of the more serpentine dragons, but far from fat.

Wyrmling M 7d12+14 (59 hp) 21 10 15 10 15 14 7/12 12 7 5 7 2d10 15 -
    Very Young L 10d12+20 (85 hp) 25 10 15 12 15 16 10/21 16 9 7 9 4d10 17 -
    Young L 13d12+39 (117 hp) 27 10 17 12 17 16 13/25 20 11 8 11 6d10 19 -
    Juvenile H 16d12+48 (143 hp) 29 10 17 14 19 18 16/33 23 13 10 14 8d10 21 -
    Young Adult H 19d12+76 (199 hp) 31 10 19 16 19 20 19/37 27 15 11 15 10d10 23 24
    Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 33 10 21 16 21 20 22/41 31 18 13 18 12d10 26 26
    Mature Adult H 25d12+150 (312 hp) 35 10 23 18 21 22 25/45 35 20 14 19 14d10 28 28
    Old G 28d12+168 (350 hp) 39 10 23 18 23 22 28/54 38 22 16 22 16d10 30 30
    Very Old G 31d12+217 (418 hp) 41 10 25 20 25 24 31/58 42 24 17 24 18d10 32 32
    Ancient G 34d12+272 (493 hp) 43 10 27 22 27 26 34/62 46 27 19 27 20d10 35 35
    Wyrm C 37d12+343 (573 hp) 47 10 29 24 29 28 37/71 47 29 20 29 22d10 37 37
    Great Wyrm C 40d12+400 (650 hp) 49 10 31 26 31 30 40/75 51 32 22 32 24d10 40 40

Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 16 (+6 natural) - Immunity to fire, electricity and petrification, +4 on saves versus Poison, Warbred, Vulnerability to cold -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) - Alternate Form, Sword of Celestia -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) - Magic Circle against Evil, Tongues -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 23 (-2 size, +15 natural) - Domains 1st
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) 21 DR 5/evil 3rd
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 23 Light of Mercuria 5th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 26 DR 10/evil 7th
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) 28 Aura of Menace 9th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) 31 DR 15/evil 11th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 34 Greater Teleport 13th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 38 (-8 size, +36 natural) 37 DR 20/evil 15th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) 40 Aura of Terror, Burning Sun 17th

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A mercuria dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of holy fire. This breath weapon deals fire damage but ignores any fire resistance or immunity that evil creatures struck by it might possess. In addition undead struck by this breath weapon are turned as if by a cleric whose level is half the mercuria dragon’s hit dice.

Warbred (Ex): A mercuria dragon gains proficiency in light and medium armor, as well as shields. They may also select any one exotic shield, weapon, or light or medium armor and gain proficiency in it as well. Mercuria dragons are considered war-trained mounts for the purposes of the Ride skill.

Alternate Form (Su): A very young or older Mercuria dragon can assume any humanoid form of Medium size or smaller or the form of a riding dog or a large warhound (use stats for a dire wolf) as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its canine or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Sword of Celestia (Su): A very young or older Mercuria dragon adds one-half (rounded down) of its age category as bonus weapon damage to: creatures with the evil subtype, evil paladins, evil clerics, evil incarnates, undead, and evil aligned outsiders. They add only one-fourth their age category against evil aligned creatures which do not fall into any of these categories.

Magic Circle against Evil (Su): A young or older Mercuria dragon is constantly surrounded by an aura of protection against evil which functions like a Magic Circle against Evil (caster level 14th).

Tongues (Su): A young or older Mercuria dragon can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell (caster level 14th). This ability is always active.

Domains: A juvenile Mercuria dragon must select two domains from the following list: Good, Law, Strength, Protection, War, Dragon, Metallic Dragon (from a dragon magazine), Air, Fire, Nobility, Courage, Wrath (BoED version), Endurance, Glory, and Hero (shaman domain from OA). They gain the ability to cast spells from these domains (see spells below), and gain the granted power from these domains (their effective cleric level equals their racial caster level). They may also instead choose the Celestia domain in place of both domains they would normally have access to.

Light of Mercuria (Su): When an adult or older Mercuria dragon uses its breath weapon it flashes with brilliant light; for a split second it radiates bright light within a radius equal to their length of their breath weapon, and shadowy illumination for an equal distance beyond that. Any neutral creature within this area must make a Fort save (same DC as Frightful Presence) or be dazzled for 1d4 rounds. Evil creatures within this area are blinded for 1 round and then dazzled for 1d4 rounds if they fail the save. Undead and creatures with the Evil subtype are dazzled for 1d4 rounds even if they succeed their saving throw. This ability interacts with magical darkness as if it were a light spell with a spell level equal to the Mercuria dragon’s age category.

Aura of Menace (Su): A righteous aura surrounds old or older mercuria dragons that fight or get angry. Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of a mercuria dragon must succeed on a Will save to resist its effects. The save DC equals that of the dragon’s frightful presence. Those who fail take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the dragon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same dragon’s aura for 24 hours.

Aura of Terror (Su): A great wyrm’s mercuria dragon’s aura of menace is even more terrible. Hostile creatures within a 20-ft radius of a Mercuria dragon which make their saves still suffer the normal effects of an Aura of Menace (see above), and those that fail their saves cower for 1 round and take double the normal penalty from Aura of Menace. Striking the Mercuria dragon is no longer enough for those who fail their save against this effect, they must successfully deal at least 25 damage to the Mercuria dragon to end it.

Form of the Burning Sun (Su): A great wyrm mercuria dragon may, 1/day as a free action immolate itself. While it burns with holy fires it gains a +4 sacred bonus to all ability scores, a deflection bonus to AC equal to its Charisma modifier, and deals bonus damage to any evil creature it strikes equal to its Charisma modifier. Its SR is also increased by its Charisma modifier. While ablaze the Mercuria dragon produces bright light within a 120-ft radius, and shadowy illumination another 120-ft beyond that; this light is as strong as a 12th level light descriptor spell's and suppresses magical darkness that is weaker than this. Finally any creature striking it with a non-reach weapon in melee takes 1d6+15 fire damage and cold effects deal half damage to the dragon while this ability is active, half of this damage is divine in nature and unaffected by fire resistance or immunity. This ability is extremely draining and each round it is active the Mercuria dragon takes 2 points of Constitution burn and the dragon must make a Fortitude save to continue this ability after each round, the DC is 45 + 2 per previous save.
    While this ability is active the dragon is wreathed in holy flames which cause it to appear almost like a four-legged phoenix. Only their feathers are not completely concealed by this bright flame.

Spells: A Mercuria dragon may cast spells from the two domains it selected above. Its spells per day are those of a cleric of the listed level (normal and domain spells put together) but all slots must be filled with spells from the dragon’s two domains.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will Greater Teleport (ancient or older, self and lawful good rider with up to 50 lbs of gear each only).

Skills: Heal, Ride, and Tumble are class skills for a Mercuria dragon.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 01:20 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

As an aside: Baator's fluff is so, so, so much better than Celestia's. Yet these dragons are more fun to make; it's nice to see good win; and I'm really getting to fluff the Plane as I go (because Celestia has almost no fluff).

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Oops. TWO links! Too bad it's not three. Wait...cool!
    Must... ignore... links...

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Must... ignore... links...
    But they're wonderful and I had been managing to stay off that site.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

We'll teach you how to float, Uno. We all float down here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    But they're wonderful and I had been managing to stay off that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    We'll teach you how to float, Uno. We all float down here.

My deviantArt.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. Just because, and i KNOW you said earlier that a ferrofluid dragon would seem too techy, but...
    With the completed lodestone dragon, it could be a rare "mutation", with bard abilities. And other abilities based on heavy metal [/pun] and Rule of cool.

Mmm, kay. maybe we should stop posting tvtropes links.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.