New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Quote Originally Posted by Noxsis View Post
    i would love a half-dragon template for the umbra dragon but i think condsidering that it is an epic dragon that the template should be a bit different also a umbra dragon eqivulant to the deepwyrm drow(they are desenced form deep dragons) please and thank you
    Does it need to be drow? Also should they stay roughly the same power level as drow (underpowered LA +2 that should be LA +1) or can they be stronger (actually fitting for LA +2 or maybe LA +3)?

If the answer is drow and somewhat stronger...

Shadowscale Drow
    • +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
    • Medium sized
    • Humanoid with the elf and dragonblood subtypes.
    • Darkvision out to 120 feet.
    • Low-Light Vision; shadowscale drow are more at home in the shadows than other drow.
    • +2 racial bonus to Bluff and Intimidate checks.
    • +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
    • Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
    • Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against energy draining effects (including the saving throw to prevent negative levels from becoming level loss) and death effects.
    • Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities three times per day (each functions as the mystery of the same name): Mystic Reflections, Black Candle. They can use the following spell-like abilities once per day (each functions as mystery of the same name): Carpet of Shadow, Voice of Shadow. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels. The shadow essence that flows through their veins warps shadowscale drows' natural magic turning it even darker than before.
    • Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin. This trait replaces the high elf’s automatic and bonus languages.
    • Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
    • Favored Class: Shadowcaster.
    • Level adjustment +2
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-25 at 12:35 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

they can be more powerful after all umbra dragons are epic deep dragons are not it only makes sense and what other race do you think would fit better? also dont you think since umbra dragons can see perfectly in the dark that shadowscale drow should have better darkvision the a nomal drow and i think the shadow essense in there blood would make shadowcaster there favored class(ps i am really bad a designing things myself so its your call)
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-03-25 at 12:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

May I humbly request a collection of Half-breed Dragons in the same vein as the Shadowscale Drow and the others presented in the Draconomicon, based on other of your creations.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

4. - Top - End - #724
    Dwarf in the Playground

i must say that would be interesting to see what the results would be

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

they can be more powerful after all umbra dragons are epic deep dragons are not it only makes sense and what other race do you think would fit better?
    Not sure, maybe humans...

-lightbulb- Illumians. They had the audacity to build a city on the plane of shadows after all.

Shadowsoul Illumian:
    When the illumians founded their great city of Elirhondas on the plane of shadows they little knew what beasts they were stirring up.

The great wyrms of the shadow plane did not move to strike the illumians directly, but instead worked subtly. They stole children, they disguised themselves as their foes, and over generations they bred a new servitor race. They tolerate Elirhondas, for now, because it is in a neutral zone, where they dare not act openly lest they bring the wrath of other of their own kind down upon their heads, but little do the illumians realize that should they set act outside those regions they might soon find a far greater danger in the shadows than any they have ever faced.

The shadow illumians that the umbra wyrms have forged from long generations, have spread throughout their domains in the plane of shadow. Given as gifts from one dragon to another, until they have become seen as indispensible aids and loyal servants.

Shadowforged Illumian Racial Traits (these are in addition to those of normal illumians unless otherwise indicated; as I can't reprint the entire illumian race):
    • +2 Constitutiona and +2 Charisma; the shadow stuff infuses them with greater power and potency.
    • Dragonblood subtype; a shadowforged illumian has the blood of dragons flowing through them. They gain the dragonblood subtype.
    • Darkvision: A shadowforged illumian can see up to 60-ft in non-magical darkness, and up to 30-ft through magical darkness.
    • Beshadowed Sigils: A shadowforged illumian's sigil does not produce light, but is otherwise identical to those of other illumians.
    • Shadow Sigil (Su): On attaining 3rd level in any class a shadowforged illumian gains a third power sigil. Unlike the other two this sigil is never visible except under True Seeing and does not combine with the others to make a word. In addition the bonus from each sigil increases by 1 to +3 and is no longer limited by character level but instead by ECL.
    • Shadow Word (Su): While the third sigil doesn't combine with the first two it combines with the primal shadow within the shadowforged illumian gaining additional powers even as it is twisted.
      "Vigor": A shadowforged illumian with the "Vigor" sigil as their shadow sigil can replace their Dexterity bonus with their Strength bonus for determining their AC; they are still limited by their armor's Max Dex.
      "Life": A shadowforged illumian with the "Life" sigil as their shadow sigil gains fast healing 2 when at less than half health. This ability is lost while in direct sunlight, or the radius of bright light from a daylight or stronger [light] spell.
      "Magic": A shadowforged illumian with the "Magic" sigil as their shadow sigil gains a bonus spell each day of the highest level they can cast, or a bonus use of any 1 mystery they know each day.
      "Mind": A shadowforged illumian with the "Mind" sigil as their shadow sigil gains bonus power points equal to their character level.
      "Grace": A shadowforged illumian with the "Grace" sigil as their shadow sigil may use their Dexterity to determine weapon damage with finessable weapons instead of Strength, and they gain Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.
      "Soul": A shadowforged illumian with the "Soul" sigil as their shadow sigil may use their Charisma instead of Dexterity bonus to determine their AC; they are still limited by their armor's Max Dex.
    • Shadowborn: A shadowforged illumian automatically succeeds on any saving throw against a spell or effect of the shadow descriptor.
    • LA: +1; Shadowforged illumians are stronger than their normal kin gaining +1 LA.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-25 at 12:37 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

they can be more powerful after all umbra dragons are epic deep dragons are not it only makes sense and what other race do you think would fit better? also dont you think since umbra dragons can see perfectly in the dark that shadowscale drow should have better darkvision the a nomal drow and i think the shadow essense in there blood would make shadowcaster there favored class(ps i am really bad a designing things myself so its your call)
    I went with giving them Low-Light Vision so they could see better in shadowy illumination since they already had 120-ft darkvision, and I was wary of giving them natural ways to make magical darkness and the ability to see in it. Good catch on the favored class.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    May I humbly request a collection of Half-breed Dragons in the same vein as the Shadowscale Drow and the others presented in the Draconomicon, based on other of your creations.
    If I'm doing more than one or two should I do it here, or start a new thread for it though?

i must say that would be interesting to see what the results would be
    So am I.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

i still like drow more afterall the normal enviroment for an umbra dragons is both underground and plane of shadow and the only creatures i can think of that is frequlently found in both is a drow. i say start a new thread that links to this one
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-03-25 at 12:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you ever get a chance to look over the Coin Dragon more?
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-03-25 at 01:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Did you ever get a chance to look over the Coin Dragon more?
    Sorry started making pokemon and an epic character.

Looking over it.

Like I said I'm bad with CRs and due to their ability to apply enhancement bonuses and magic item effects on their natural weapons with armor its deceptively strong (but only the equivalent of 2d6/age category breath weapon) but without looking at exactly how much gear it will be using maybe:
    Wyrmling 2; very young 3; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 10; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 19; very old 21; ancient 23; wyrm 24; great wyrm 26.

For SR they something like CR +6 to +8 seems to be common.

For ancient: Charm Monster maybe?

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Sorry started making pokemon and an epic character.

Looking over it.

Like I said I'm bad with CRs and due to their ability to apply enhancement bonuses and magic item effects on their natural weapons with armor its deceptively strong (but only the equivalent of 2d6/age category breath weapon) but without looking at exactly how much gear it will be using maybe:
    Wyrmling 2; very young 3; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 10; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 19; very old 21; ancient 23; wyrm 24; great wyrm 26.

For SR they something like CR +6 to +8 seems to be common.

For ancient: Charm Monster maybe?
    No worries.

I agree that their ability to absorb magical items can make things harder to judge, but they'll have items roughly equivalent to the party, assume it is an appropriate CR. A juvenile coin dragon should not have a +5 Vorpal axe hidden in them somewhere. The CRs you suggest see a solid base, starting like a White Dragon, but improving.

I like the charm monster idea, upped it by one step.

Thanks!

EDIT: Anyways, it is updated and tentatively complete!
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-03-25 at 03:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post10632185

For dragonblood subraces if they are desired... I should probably port the two I made here over there, now that I think about it.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #732
    Dwarf in the Playground

i would love to see a pic of the umbra dragon(plus the others)

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

i would love to see a pic of the umbra dragon(plus the others)
    No artistic talent at all, sorry about that.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

can you get someone to draw them for you

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

can you get someone to draw them for you
    Don't know anyone who is really good at drawing, or who'd I wish that much work upon.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

i was wondering what happened to the space dragon(the counterpart to the time dragon)
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-03-27 at 10:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Partially difficulty in thinking up its abilities, partially a desire to finish the alignment based super-epics (malison dragon and mithral were bits of test runs for making it) before to learn more about creating insanely high powered epic dragons before trying to create something ultra-epic. Partially just being daunted by the idea of trying to balance, even if only against time dragon, something that insanely powerful.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #738
    Dwarf in the Playground

you can bounce ideas off me i may not be good at personaly making things but i am good at coming up with ideas. PS i would love a umbra dragon avatar but dont know who to get to make one think you could help with that. PPS your from north carolina so am i
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2011-03-27 at 10:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

May I ask for a powerful Half-Time Dragon template, or is that better suited for Ralasha's thread?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I've just been admiring your shamrock wyvern, Zaydos. How about a Welsh dragon for St. David's Day? Call it a 'ddraig' or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Dragon
    Ut Abyssus per orbis terrarum.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    May I ask for a powerful Half-Time Dragon template, or is that better suited for Ralasha's thread?
    Did it in the Expanded Dragonblood thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blynkibrax View Post
    I've just been admiring your shamrock wyvern, Zaydos. How about a Welsh dragon for St. David's Day? Call it a 'ddraig' or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Dragon
    I know nothing about St. David's Day, I'll half to look it up before I can say if I'll do it or not.

Edit: Would stuff for a new draconic deity go in Worldbuilding subforum? I'm guessing it would be I feel a bit like confirming and I don't feel right pestering a mod over it.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-27 at 01:10 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #742
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

These dragons are amazing! Might I request a dragon made of pure lightning?
    A wall was here. Now it is dust.

A tower rose here. Now it is fallen.

An army fought here. Now it is dead.

Chances are, a wizard did it.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Pixie in the Playground

k not trying to be a pest but i have 2 questions
    1 do all lung dragons start @ juvenile?
    2 is there cr for the occulus dragon?

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mouseyone View Post
    k not trying to be a pest but i have 2 questions
    1 do all lung dragons start @ juvenile?
    2 is there cr for the occulus dragon?
    1) Yes, just like all but yu lung of the official lung dragons. Like the OA lung dragons before juvenile they are yu lung.

2) I wouldn't know where to begin with it.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    1) Yes, just like all but yu lung of the official lung dragons. Like the OA lung dragons before juvenile they are yu lung.

2) I wouldn't know where to begin with it.
    thanks for answering. i had never really looked at the lung dragons(or much of the oriental setting, truthfully) my current world is more of a forgotten realms mainstay with my own twist so this is a new thing for me to consider.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Barbarian in the Playground

More Dragons Please!
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2011-04-05 at 02:05 PM.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

i really would love to see a epic psionic dragon soon please and thank you

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    More Dragons Please!
    I just realized I've been sitting on one half done for a week Looking through homebrew and getting ready for a high homebrew epic gestalt pbp was a lot of effort which derailed it slightly.

i really would love to see a epic psionic dragon soon please and thank you
    Incarnum first, because I have it half finished and I don't have an idea where to start with psionic, yet (sublime will probably come first).

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh. I've contributed a couple dragons to this project, & feel like adding another. I may as well take one of the requests off of zaydos's hands, if he doesn't mind.
    I can't take the epic psion, though, since I have troubles with both epic & psionics.

Let's see... what's on the "To do" list that zaydos won't get to yet...
    ...dammit, I don't think I can do any of them.
    I'll just have to see what kind I can think up of otherwise.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Prana Dragon
    Dragon (Incarnum)
    Environment: Any desert or underground.
    Organization: Solitary, pair, clutch (2-5 of same age) or gathering (1 or 2 older members and 2-8 younger members)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 11, Very Young 16, Young 19, Juvenile 23, Young Adult 26, Adult 29, Mature Adult 32, Old 36, Very Old 38, Ancient 41, Wyrm 50, Great Wyrm ?. These are mostly copy-pasta from umbra dragon (same chassis) but their last two abilities are a little bit of a power boost.
    Treasure: Triple Standard.
    Alignment: Wyrmling always True Neutral; very young and older, never True Neutral.

On Rakis, in Kazadspace, I found prana dragons. Among the strongest of dragonkin, prana dragons are thought by some to be a primal conduit of incarnum into the world and I cannot confirm whether this is true or false only note that Rakis is also home to many incarnum using humanoids and incarnum and necrocarnum dragons. This correlation does not prove causation, though, as it could just be as easy that prana dragon are attracted by the same sources of incarnum as incarnum dragons and incarnum wielding humans.

Prana dragons are rare even in the high powered realm of Kazadspace, and when two meet they immediate attempt to sense the alignment of the other. If their alignments are diametrically opposed, or vary on one axis and oppose on the other, the dragons will immediately become hostile to each other, viciously fighting and only magic can prevent this hatred. Should they oppose on only one axis and agree upon the other, or vary on both axes without opposing on either, they will react according to whether the dragon is in their territory and other actions. Should they agree on one axis and not oppose on the other the dragons are prone to working together or at least treat each other well before seeing the other out of their territory.

Prana dragons have scintillatingly bright blue scales and eyes of pure sapphire. Their bodies seem to shine in the sun, and they have a series of plates running down their neck. Unlike most dragons, and animals, they do not actually rely on their nose and mouth for breathing, but have small blow holes between the plates on their necks. Wyrmlings are born with un-split tails and dull scales, but as they age their tail splits into two further and further down its length and their scales grow a brighter and more reflective blue.

-Zasper.

Prana Dragon
    Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling H 15d12+60 (157 hp) 27 10 19 18 19 18 15/31 21 13 9 13 5d12 21 21
    Very Young H 20d12+100 (230 hp) 31 10 21 22 23 22 20/38 28 17 12 18 10d12 25 26
    Young H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 35 10 23 26 27 26 25/45 35 20 14 22 15d12 28 30
    Juvenile G 30d12+240 (435 hp) 39 10 27 30 31 30 30/56 40 25 17 27 20d12 33 35
    Young Adult G 35d12+350 (577 hp) 43 10 31 34 35 34 35/63 47 29 19 31 25d12 37 39
    Adult G 40d12+480 (740 hp) 47 10 35 38 39 38 40/70 54 34 22 36 30d12 42 44
    Mature Adult G 45d12+630 (922 hp) 51 10 39 42 43 42 45/77 61 38 24 40 35d12 46 48
    Old C 50d12+800 (1125 hp) 55 10 43 46 47 46 50/88 64 43 27 45 40d12 51 53
    Very Old C 55d12+990 (1347 hp) 59 10 47 50 51 50 55/95 71 47 29 49 45d12 55 57
    Ancient C 60d12+1200 (1590 hp) 63 10 51 54 55 54 60/102 78 52 32 54 50d12 60 62
    Wyrm C 65d12+1430 (1852 hp) 67 10 55 58 59 58 65/109 85 56 34 58 55d12 64 66
    Great Wyrm C+ 70d12+1680 (2135 hp) 71 10 59 62 63 62 70/116 92 61 37 63 60d12 69 71

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Essentia Max Essentia Meldshaper Level # Melds Chakra Binds
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 26 (-2 size, +4 deflection, +14 natural) 19 Immune to ability damage and drain, immune to essentia damage and drain, Devour Essentia, Meldshaping, DR 10/magic, Soul Armor 4 2 4th 2 Crown (1)
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +6 Deflection, +19 natural) 22 Change Shape, See Alignment 8 3 8th 3 Feet, Hands (2)
    Young 60-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 40 (-2 size, +8 deflection, +24 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 12 4 12th 4 Arms, brow, shoulders (3)
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +0 45 (-4 size, +10 deflection, +29 natural) 28 Armored Meldshaper 16 5 16th 5 Throat, Waist (4)
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +0 52 (-4 size, +12 deflection, +34 natural) 31 DR 15/epic 20 6 20th 6 Heart (5)
    Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +0 59 (-4 size, +14 deflection, +39 natural) 34 Totemist Soulmelds, Devour Chakra 24 7 24th 7 Soul (6)
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 250-ft (poor) +0 66 (-4 size, +16 deflection, +44 natural) 37 DR 20/epic 28 8 28th 8 Totem (7)
    Old 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +0 69 (-8 size, +18 deflection, +49 natural) 40 Twin Bind 32 9 32nd 9 (8)
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +0 76 (-8 size, +20 deflection, +54 natural) 43 DR 25/epic 36 10 36th 10 (9)
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +0 83 (-8 size, +22 deflection, +59 natural) 46 Doubled Chakras 40 11 40th 11 (10)
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 300-ft (clumsy) +0 90 (-8 size, +24 deflection, +64 natural) 49 The Essentia Must Flow 44 12 44th 12 (11)
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 350-ft (clumsy) +0 97 (-8 size, +26 deflection, +69 natural) 52 Chakra Mastery 48 13 48th 13 (12/Infinite)

Special Abilities:
    Breath Weapon (Su): A prana dragon’s breath weapon is a cone of energy that rips the animating force from creatures dealing the listed damage to living and unliving creatures as well as unattended magic items (or magic items of creatures that roll a natural 1 on their save); a successful Will save halves this damage. In addition it deals 2 points of essentia damage per age category of the prana dragon.

Devour Essentia (Su): The bite of a prana dragon rends the lifeforce of its target dealing damage directly to it. Incarnum users are shielded for a time by the essentia they draw from outer forces but even that is prone to damage. A prana dragon’s bite attack deals 2 essentia damage per hit, or 1 Constitution damage to creatures without essentia and if they have neither, they instead take 2 charisma damage per hit.

Soul Armor (Su): A prana dragon gains a deflection bonus to AC and an untyped bonus to Fort saves against Death effects equal to its Charisma modifier.

Meldshaping: A prana dragon can shape soulmelds from the incarnate or soulborn meldshape list. It’s essentia, max essentia it may invest (into magic items, feats, or soulmelds), number of soulmelds shaped, effective meldshaper level, and number of chakra binds, as well as what chakra binds are open to it, are listed in the table above.

Change Shape (Su): A very young or older prana dragon gains the change shape ability and is able to assume the shape of any large or smaller humanoid, giant, or animal 3 times per day for as long as desired.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A creature with this special quality has the ability to assume the appearance of a specific creature or type of creature (usually a humanoid), but retains most of its own physical qualities. A true seeing spell or ability reveals the creature’s natural form. A creature using change shape reverts to its natural form when killed, but separated body parts retain their shape. A creature cannot use change shape to take the form of a creature with a template. Changing shape results in the following changes to the creature:
    • The creature retains the type and subtype of its original form. It gains the size of its new form.
    • The creature loses the natural weapons and movement modes of its original form, as well as any extraordinary special attacks of its original form not derived from class levels (such as the barbarian’s rage class feature).
    • The creature gains the natural weapons, movement modes, and extraordinary special attacks of its new form.
    • The creature retains all other special attacks and qualities of its original form, except for breath weapons and gaze attacks.
    • The creature retains the ability scores of its original form.
    • Except as described elsewhere, the creature retains all other game statistics of its original form, including (but not necessarily limited to) HD, hit points, skill ranks, feats, base attack bonus, and base save bonuses.
    • The creature retains any spellcasting ability it had in its original form, although it must be able to speak intelligibly to cast spells with verbal components and it must have humanlike hands to cast spells with somatic components.
    • The creature is effectively camouflaged as a creature of its new form, and gains a +10 bonus on Disguise checks if it uses this ability to create a disguise.
    • Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size. (Nonhumanoid-shaped creatures can’t wear armor designed for humanoid-shaped creatures, and viceversa.) Gear returns to normal size if dropped.

See Alignment (Su): A very young or older prana dragon can see the alignment auras of any creature, even (superior) invisible ones (allowing it to know what square they are in, though they retain total concealment), within its line of sight; this is a continuous ability and requires no effort on the dragon’s part. It also sees the strength of the alignment aura of said creatures, and whether they have an aura due to being a cleric/paladin/incarnate/outsider of said alignment. Spells and effects that prevent the detection of alignments only work if they have a CL (or equivalent) higher than the dragon’s meldshaper level; if they do not have a CL (for Su abilities for example) then use the effect’s creator’s hit dice. This ability does not function on creatures with an intelligence of 2 or less, or on non-intelligent creatures; though it does function on aligned magic items detecting what type of aligned damage they deal.

Armored Meldshaper (Su): A juvenile or older prana dragon may wear and use magic items in the body slots associated with chakras it has meldshapes bound to.

Devour Chakra (Su): An adult or older prana dragon’s bite attack rends and cuts off access to the chakras of damaged creatures. Each time a creature is struck by a prana dragon’s bite attack it must make a Fort save (Charisma based so same DC as Frightful Presence) or lose access to one chakra of the prana dragon’s choice. Any soulmelds shaped in that chakra or bound to it (in the case of the Totem Chakra where they are shaped in a different chakra) are unshaped and the creature loses all access to that chakra for 1 hour. This also causes the affected creature to lose all effects from magic items that use the associated body slot.

Totemist Soulmelds: An adult or older prana dragon gains access to all totemist soulmelds as well as all incarnate and soulborn soulmelds (a DM should feel free to add any homebrewed soulmelds they find fitting as well as totemist ones). They may not bind a soulmeld to the totem chakra until they reach mature adult, though.

Twin Bind (Su): An old or older prana dragon can bind the same soulmeld to two different chakras; doing so takes 2 of their chakra binds but only one soulmeld shaped. A prana dragon may bind any number of soulmelds in this way up to its maximum number of chakra binds/soulmelds shaped/bind locations.

Doubled Chakras (Su): An ancient or older prana dragon can shape/bind two soulmelds (or items) to each chakra; if they have the Double Chakra feat this stacks allowing them to bind three soulmelds to that chakra.

The Essentia Must Flow (Su): A wyrm or older prana dragon is always treated as having its maximum essentia in each soulmeld it has formed (but not feats, chakra bound items, etc). This essentia cannot be disinvested, nor does it count for effects based upon their total essentia; it is merely virtual essentia that makes them effectively have maximum essentia in every soulmeld they have shaped.

Chakra Mastery (Su): A great wyrm prana dragon may have any number of chakra binds only limited by the number of soulmelds it can form and number of chakras it has; this does not increase the number of chakra binds it may have at the same location only their total number of chakra binds (theoretically they could have 33 chakra binds; though that would require 7 Shape Extra Soulmeld epic feats or 7 chakra bound items).

Skills: Hide, Move Silently and Survival are class skills for a prana dragon in addition to those of a normal true dragon.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-25 at 04:28 PM.

Current Projects: