A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

I have an odd request:
    My campaign desperately needs a BBEG karmic dragon - two-headed dragon, that randomly shifts colors of red-blue-black-white-green and the breath weapon (or maybe every its half changes color independently).
    I will appreciate any efforts.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sdonourg View Post
    I have an odd request:
    My campaign desperately needs a BBEG karmic dragon - two-headed dragon, that randomly shifts colors of red-blue-black-white-green and the breath weapon (or maybe every its half changes color independently).
    I will appreciate any efforts.
    What CR do you need?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #423
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    What CR do you need?
    Wyrmling should be 4-5, and Great Wyrm around 24-26

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Second question what exactly do you mean by karmic? Also what alignment do you want (I'm currently resisting the temptation to link it to Demogorgon)?

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Since they are so random, they should be chaotic, and since they are chromatic, they should be evil.
    They are karmic, because they smite the infidels for Demogorgon (your Demogorgon idea looks perfect for my setting ).

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Karma could mean the Hindu goddess, or it could just mean the general principle of if you do good, good things will happen to you, and if you do bad, bad things will happen to you.
    Actually, the principle is based off of the goddess, and, while the Hindi take it to it's logical conclusion, and (perspectively) take it too far-ish, you can see the principle in real life all around you.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm...I don't know if your still taking requests but I was reading a thread about the Never Ending Story and I thought it would be interesting to see a luck dragon (Falkor) write up. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie then don't worry about it, this isn't a request its a suggestion. Take it or leave it.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    Hmmm...I don't know if your still taking requests but I was reading a thread about the Never Ending Story and I thought it would be interesting to see a luck dragon (Falkor) write up. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie then don't worry about it, this isn't a request its a suggestion. Take it or leave it.
    Still taking requests I just got rather distracted by tests, and then today and yesterday a manga series (Berserk).

On the two-headed dragon I have the special abilities outlined, I need to compare some dragon stats to determine HD and abilities; I wanted to finish an arc in the aforementioned manga and got distracted while wading through around 2000 pages of it.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Gemini Dragon
    Dragon (Chaos, Evil, Extraplanar, Water)
    Environment: Warm aquatic and forests (The Gaping Maw).
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2Ė5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 7; juvenile 9; young adult 12; adult 15; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 24; great wyrm 26
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil

Found upon the Gaping Maw, the horrid 88th layer of the Abyss, Gemini dragons are thought to have descended from a coupling of Demogorgon and Tiamat herself. They inherited their parentsí mutual cunning and ferocity, taking after Demogorgon in their wrathful and destructive nature as well as bickering minds.

Gemini dragons are born with two heads and only a single mind between them, but by the time theyíve reached 5 years of age they have developed two fully functional minds and personalities. As they develop further these two minds develop greater ability to control their body separately, until finally they become truly terrifying forces on the battlefield able to maneuver and fight with near unmatched power and able to weave two spells at once.

Gemini dragons structurally look like a two-headed blue dragon, complete with powerful horn and ear frills. Their eyes are a bright yellow burning with unburnished hatred, and their scales shift in color as they use their breath weapon changing from blue to red to green to black or to white for they have the essence of all chromatic dragons inherited from Tiamat herself.

Haughty, destructive, and wrathful describes a Gemini dragon quite simply. They are avaricious beings liable to wanton destruction but they arenít stupid. They can weave plans that begin when they have not yet reached adulthood and end when they are wyrms, when they want to. They do what they want and live by the singular rules ďdo as you wishĒ. Course their two heads often canít agree on what they wish to do, one will say destroy, the other plunder, one will desire to eat the flesh of a virgin elf male born in the 5th month and between the ages of 46 and 62, and the other to study the ancient secrets of goblinoid magic lost in the fall of their empire. There isnít necessarily any rhyme or reason to their desires than that ultimately all of them fuel chaos and evil.

Tanaríri even fear these bashers, and they arenít barmy enough to do so without good reason berk. These bashers often end up in command of groups of tanaríri, and itís said that the blood of olí two-face gives them the ability to command the weaker breeds of tanaríri. Not sure if itís true or not, I ainít seen it in my years of slayiní though that crazed fool Zasper says it is and I do technicílly trust Ďim to tell a solarís truth; Ďcept about what he really is. I donít believe heís simply a human wizard for one moment, heís somíthiní more, and one of these days Iíll find out what.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon: Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 10 13 12 13 12 5/2 7 5 4 5 1d10 13 -
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (68 hp) 15 12 15 14 15 14 8/10 10 8 7 8 2d10 16 -
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 12 15 14 15 14 11/14 14 9 8 9 3d10 17 -
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 19 12 17 16 17 16 14/22 17 12 10 12 4d10 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 21 12 19 16 17 16 17/26 21 14 11 13 5d10 22 21
    Adult H 20d12+80 (210 hp) 25 12 19 18 19 18 20/35 25 16 13 16 6d10 24 24
    Mature Adult H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 27 12 21 20 21 20 23/39 29 18 14 18 7d10 26 26
    Old H 26d12+130 (299 hp) 29 12 21 22 23 22 26/43 33 20 16 21 8d10 28 29
    Very Old H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 31 12 23 22 23 22 29/47 37 22 17 22 9d10 30 30
    Ancient G 32d12+192 (400 hp) 35 12 23 24 25 24 32/56 40 24 19 25 10d10 32 33
    Wyrm G 35d12+245 (472 hp) 37 12 25 24 25 24 35/60 44 26 20 26 11d10 34 34
    Great Wyrm C 38d12+266 (513 hp) 41 12 25 26 27 26 38/69 45 28 22 29 12d10 36 37

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Spells
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average), swim 60-ft +0 14 (+1 size, +3 natural) - Immunty to electricity, resistance to fire, acid and cold 10, variable breath, water breathing -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +1 17 (+1 dex, +6 natural) - Two-Minds One Body -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +1 20 (+1 Dex, +9 natural) - Lesser Speed of Thought -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +1 22 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +12 natural) - Rebuke/Command Tanar'ri -
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), swim 60-ft +1 25 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +15 natural) 18 Strike Casting, DR 5/cold iron or good 1st
    Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +1 27 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +18 natural) 20 Speed of Thought 3rd
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +1 30 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +21 natural) 21 DR 10/cold iron or good 5th
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +1 33 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +24 natural) 23 Double Casting 7th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), swim 60-ft +1 36 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +27 natural) 24 DR 15/cold iron or good and DR 5/cold iron and good 9th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), swim 60-ft +1 37 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +30 natural) 26 Twin Heart 11th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), swim 60-ft +1 40 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +33 natural) 28 DR 20/cold iron or good and DR 10/cold iron and good 13th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), swim 60-ft +1 39 (-8 size, +1 Dex, +36 natural) 30 Rampage 15th

Special Abilities

Variable Breath (Ex): Whenever a Gemini dragon uses its breath weapon its scales change color also changing the shape and damage type of its breath weapon deals and granting it immunity to that energy type. To determine the new color and breath weapon type roll 1d6; if it is already that color re-roll.
    {table]Roll|Color|Shape|Energy
    1|White|Cone|Cold
    2|Black|Line|Acid
    3|Green|Cone|Acid
    4|Blue|Line|Electricity
    5|Red|Cone|Fire
    6|Re-roll or choose|-|-[/table]

Breath Weapon (Su): A Gemini dragonís breath weaponís damage and shape are determined by its variable breath ability above. Whenever a Gemini dragon uses its breath weapon it actually uses it twice, once from each head, and it may choose to have the two blasts overlap (forcing two saves against damage) or to cover two completely different areas. The Reflex save for half is Con based and listed on the table above.

Two-Heads: Due to its two heads a Gemini dragon has two bite attacks instead of just one like most dragons.

Two Minds One Body (Ex): Due to a Gemini dragonís two minds whenever a very young or older Gemini dragon must make an Intelligence check, Wisdom check, Int based skill check, Wis based skill check or a Will save it may roll twice and take the better result.

Lesser Speed of Thought (Su): When a young or older Gemini dragon makes a full attack it may forfeit its second bite attack to make a move action at any point before, during, or after the full attack.

Rebuke/Command Tanaríri (Su): A juvenile or older Gemini dragon may rebuke and command Tanaríri as an evil cleric rebukes and commands undead. Its effective cleric level for this ability is twice its age category.

Strike Cast (Su): When a young adult or older Gemini dragon makes a full attack action it may forfeit its second bite attack to cast a spell at any time before, during, or after the full attack. It may not combine this ability with Lesser Speed of Thought.

Speed of Thought (Su): An adult or older Gemini dragon gains an extra move action each round. They may not use it and the extra move action from Lesser Speed of Thought in the same round.

Double Casting (Su): An old or older Gemini dragon may cast 2 spells as a single standard action (it still may only cast one spell as part of a Strike Cast).

Twin Hearts (Ex): An ancient or older Gemini dragonís gestalt nature has advanced to such a point that it may now roll twice whenever it would be required to make a Constitution check, Con based skill check, or Fortitude save and take the better result.

Rampage (Su): A great wyrm Gemini dragon may make a full-attack (including a Strike Cast) as a swift action.

Spells: A gemini dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level, although they may also select spells from the druid spell list and spells from the Chaos, Demonic, Evil, and Fury domains.

Skills: Bluff, Spellcraft, and Survival are class skills for Gemini Dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-30 at 11:17 PM.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry it took so long, got involved in manga

Also un_known I finally seem to have started on Abyssal dragons (I am not above combining two requests into one).

Actually I think I had three separate requests for slightly thematically different two-headed dragons, I wonder how many this one adequately covers.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #431
    Banned

Hmmm.
    Sun dragons? Possibly LG?
    Moon dragons? Maybe CG?
    Star dragons? Perhaps NG?

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yay! Let the rampage fo the Abyssal dragons begin!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Hmmm.
    Sun dragons? Possibly LG?
    Moon dragons? Maybe CG?
    Star dragons? Perhaps NG?
    Moon dragons are here as you guessed it CG, haven't done Sun or Star yet. There's also the question do you dragons thematically linked to heavenly bodies or actually from them? Cause only you specify I'm more likely to do the latter (I used to be a big Spelljammer fan as a kid).

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

Moon dragons are here as you guessed it CG, haven't done Sun or Star yet. There's also the question do you dragons thematically linked to heavenly bodies or actually from them? Cause only you specify I'm more likely to do the latter (I used to be a big Spelljammer fan as a kid).
    Those both sound cool, do whatever thematically you like more and mechanically will work better.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Bellum Dragon
    Dragon (Earth)
    Environment: Temperate and Cold Deserts and Hills
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2Ė5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 6; young 7; juvenile 10; young adult 13; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 24
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil

The first thing I noted about these dragons was that like sunwyrms they had eight pairs of legs. I observed as two males were in the midst of a battle for the right to court a female. The battle escalated as I watched. Normally even among the bestial white dragons a courtship battle very rarely ends with the death of a combatant, but instead one dragon fleeing its tail between its legs. Amidst these dragons the bloody battle was fought to the death, and then I watched as the victor began to tear at the corpse of the defeated dragon with his teeth, eating it. I was shocked by this display, few species of dragons ever show cannibalism and of the others I know of they are almost all dragons created via the perversion of nature by an outside evil force.*

At first I thought that this ferocity and cannibalism were signs of similar magical twisting in the dragonís nature. Carefully preparing I ambushed a young adult female of the species and through means of enchantment magic** managed to spend the next few days learning all I could about the species and its ways. There was at least no connection with dark magic that this dragon knew, nor even any true skill with sorcery found in the species. I also investigated other aspects of their culture and learned that many courtship battles ended this way, and that the male was even expected to ritualistically present their prospective mate with the draconis fundamentalis of the slain rival. It is for this reason that males of the species are so much less common than females, as many die at the onset of adulthood to more powerful suitors.

Among other notable features about these creatures was their wanton cruelty to prey. While many dragons prefer meat to other food sources, even preferring meat prepared in certain ways (frozen, rotten, extra crispy), these dragons preferred their food to be flavored by the fear and pain the prey felt shortly before death. As such many will leave their prey on the verge of death so that they can repetitively send it back to the verge till finally they decide to end its life. They have even developed mystical means to send debilitating pain throughout the body of their prey with little more than a touch of one their claws.

I observed these dragons and have determining the nature of their natural resistances and powers as well as combat tactics so that I could deliver this information to slayers who would end this nest and hopefully this repulsive species of dragons. They have powerful fire breath, although they only rarely use it in combat preferring instead to wade into battle with their claws, but unlike many fire breathing dragons show no weakness to ice magic.*** Their main weaknesses are their over-confidence and relatively weak will compared to other dragons. It is not a difficult task to bend their will to oneís sorceries, at least as far as bending a dragonís will can ever be less than a difficult task.

Returning from the field I turned to books and tomes to research their origins. I could find no trace of dark magic inherent beyond their birthing from Tiamat as shock troops in an ancient war against Bahamut. They seem to have failed in that role, their own primal rage having turned them against each other and created a rift in Tiamatís armies.

--Zasper, Grand Archmage of the 10th Circle, Bearer of the Crystal Crown, Keeper of the Transfinite Seal, He Who Walks Amongst Dragons, Friend to Bahamut, Foe to Tiamat, Hero of a Hundred Kingdoms, Keeper of the 89th Secret of Talorn, Walker of Worlds, the Immaculate Sage, the Purple Archmage, Champion of Halm, and former Emperor of Cyrell (retired).
    Editorís Note: It would seem that Zasper has made up more titles for himself since his last manuscript.

*Examples include Maleficense dragons, and Death dragons; unconfirmed rumors place this as an action of necrocarnum dragons and Malbolgian dragons.

**As usual I had contingency plans in place in case they were immune to this magic.

***This discovery made that battle quite a bit more difficult, thankfully I had other preparations in place.

Bellum dragons as can be seen from Zasperís studies are malicious, and cruel even by the standards of Tiamatís spawn. Even their own kind is endangered by their presence and they will often fight any other creatures found in their territory, killing wantonly, even destroying what plant-life can be found their creating lifeless wastelands. Despite their nature as fire-breathing dragons they are rarely found in areas of tropical heat instead preferring even arctic chill to their heat.

Physically bellum dragons appear similar to fang dragons. They have powerfully built bodies, with horrible spikes which cover their body. Their scales are a dull yellowish-brown, becoming paler and closer to cream as they age. Their eyes are dark, and empty of all save hatred and rage.

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice| Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon:| Breath Weapon DC| Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling| S| 6d12+6 (45 hp)| 19| 10| 13| 6| 7| 6| 6/6| 11| 6| 5| 3| 2d8 |14 |-
    Very Young| M| 9d12+18 (76 hp)| 21| 10| 15| 6| 7| 6| 9/14| 14| 8| 6| 4| 4d8 |16 |-
    Young | M| 12d12 + 24 (102 hp)| 23| 10| 15| 6| 9| 8| 12/18| 18| 10| 8| 7| 6d8 |18 |-
    Juvenile| L| 15d12+45 (142 hp)| 27| 10| 17| 6| 11| 10| 15/27| 22| 12| 9| 9| 8d8 |20 |-
    Young Adult| L| 18d12+72 (189 hp)| 31| 10| 19| 8| 11| 10| 18/32| 27| 15| 11| 11| 10d8 |23 |19
    Adult| H| 21d12+105 (241 hp)| 33| 10| 21| 8| 13| 12| 21/40| 30| 17| 12| 13| 12d8 |25 |21
    Mature Adult| H| 24d12+144 (300 hp)| 35| 10| 23| 10| 13| 12| 24/44| 34| 20| 14| 15| 14d8 |28 |23
    Old | H| 27d12+199 (364 hp)| 37| 10| 25| 10| 13| 12| 27/48| 38| 22| 15| 16| 16d8 |30 |24
    Very Old| H| 30d12+210 (405 hp)| 39| 10| 25| 10| 15| 14| 30/52| 42| 24| 17| 19| 18d8 |32 |27
    Ancient| G| 33d12+264 (4785 hp)| 43| 10| 27| 12| 15| 14| 33/61| 45| 26| 18| 20| 20d8 |34 |28
    Wyrm | G| 36d12+324 (558 hp)| 45| 10| 29| 12| 17| 16| 36/65| 49| 29| 20| 23| 22d8 |37 |31
    Great Wyrm | C| 39d12+351 (604 hp)| 49| 10| 29| 14| 17| 16| 39/74| 50| 30| 21| 24| 24d8 |38 |32[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init |AC |SR |Special Abilities |Initiator Level |Maneuvers Known |Maneuvers Granted |Stances Known
    Wyrmling |80-ft, fly 100-ft (average) |+0 |18 (+1 size, +7 natural) |- |Immunity to fire, spiked body, extra claws |- |0 |0 |0
    Very Young |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |20 (+10 natural) |- |- |- |0 |0 |0
    Young |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |23 (+13 natural) |- |DR 5/magic |- |0 |0 |0
    Juvenile |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |25 (-1 size, +16 natural) |- |Razor Claws |1st |4 |4(1) |1
    Young Adult |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |28 (-1 size, +19 naturla) |20 |DR 10/magic |3rd |5 |4(1) |1
    Adult |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |30 (-2 size, +22 natural) |23 |Claws of Agony |5th |6 |5(2) |1
    Mature Adult |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |33 (-2 size, +25 natural) |25 |DR 15/magic |7th |7 |5(2) |1
    Old |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |36 (-2 size, +28 natural) |27 |Rage |9th |8 |6(3) |2
    Very Old |80-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |39 (-2 size, +31 natural) |30 |DR 20/magic and 5/good |11th |9 |6(3) |2
    Ancient |80-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+0 |40 (-4 size, +34 natural) |32 |Draconic Reserve |13th |10 |7(4) |2
    Wyrm |80-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+0 |43 (-4 size, +37 natural) |34 |DR 20/magic and 10/good |15th |11 |7(4) |3
    Great Wyrm |80-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+0 |42 (-8 size, +40 natural) |37 |Pounce |17th |12 |8(5) |3[/table]

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A bellum dragon has a single breath weapon, a cone of fire dealing the listed damage (Reflex halves).

Spiked Body: Any creature that makes a grapple check against a bellum dragon takes damage equal to 1d8+twice its age category.

Extra Claws: A bellum dragon can make 4 claw attacks instead of 2.

Razor Claws (Ex): A juvenile or older bellum dragonís claw attacks have a critical hit multiplier of 19-20/x3.

Claws of Agony (Su): Any creature hit by an adult or older bellum dragonís claw attack must make a Fortitude save or be nauseated in pain for 1d4 rounds. Creatures not subject to critical hits are immune to this ability. A creature can only be affected by a single bellum dragonís claws of agony once per minute and on a successful save is immune to that dragonís claws of agony for 24 hours.

Rage (Ex): 3/day an old or older bellum dragon may enter a rage identical to a barbarianís rage.

Draconic Reserve (Su): 1/day as a move action an ancient or older bellum dragon may call upon its reserves of draconic power gaining a +2 morale bonus to all saving throws for 1 minute and allowing it to reroll a save against any ongoing effect affecting it. In addition the dragon heals 10 hp per age category.

Pounce (Ex): A great wyrm bellum dragon gains the pounce ability.

Martial Initiating: A bellum dragon has a martial initiator level as listed on the table and learns the number of maneuvers noted. It readies maneuvers like a Crusader (including gaining granted maneuvers) at the rate listed above. It chooses its maneuvers from Tigerís Claw, Iron Heart, and Stone Dragon.

I dont think that you put this dragon on the first page,its on page 14
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Clockwork Dragon
    Construct (Living Construct, Dragonforged)
    Environment: Any mountains or underground, occasionally found on Mechanus and other Lawful planes
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2Ė5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or clock (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 9; adult 11; mature adult 14; old 16; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Lawful Neutral

Clockwork dragons are a mystery amongst the meta-dragons. Unlike their kin, lodestone dragons, ironrune dragons, brightsteel dragons, and forgewright dragons, the creation of clockwork dragons is unknown. Clockwork dragons claim that they are the natural evolution of meta-dragons, the perfect pinnacle of the breed, intone with the clockwork of reality acting in unison with its flows and rhythms. Course other dragons, meta and otherwise, call that a piece of lies told by conceited wyrms to over inflate their own position.

Now enough about their origins, greater sages than I couldnít work those out so, I wonít even try it. As to their nature, clockwork dragons are creatures of law. Though native to the Prime they share more in common with modrons and inevitables than humans in mindset, in fact many have migrated to Mechanus because itís more comfortable. Oh thatís not to say they canít lean towards good or evil, but few actually embrace either, and fewer still ever forsake law. They live heavily regimented lives, everything has its time and its place and they donít like interruptions; in fact a good way to get on ones bad side is to make it have to break its schedule, and sometimes they schedule out their lives for years in the future. Of course they arenít as unchanging as modrons or inevitables, but itís still difficult to get them to change their ways. Many spend their time in contemplation of the laws of the multiverse, and some even take it upon themselves to enforce these laws whether attempting to enforce them all or like inevitables enforcing only a specific law varies from dragon to dragon. In truth it is not unheard of for clockwork dragons to work alongside maruts or other inevitables in their pursuit of justice.

Like other meta-dragons clockwork dragons require magical items in their reproductive cycle. This is an important note when dealing with such dragons as it gives mortals a tool with which to bargain, albeit an expensive tool. Clockwork dragons will sometimes offer aid, though, in return for such treasure, although they will not aid one in breaking cosmic laws.

Clockwork dragons appear to be made from a brownish-yellow metal, although under their hide clockwork gears can be seen. They have thick, stocky necks, and wide powerful jaws. Their wings are wide but have a smaller wingspan than most dragons. Their tails are long and wide. Surprisingly as they gain size their internal workings become smaller and more complex actually granting them greater agility and speed despite the increase in bulk. By straining themselves they can even push themselves to new levels in a dangerous fashion.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 4d10+4 (26 hp) 11 10 13 14 13 10 3/-1 4 5 1 5 13 -
    Very Young M 7d10+7 (45 hp) 13 10 13 16 15 12 5/6 6 6 2 7 14 -
    Young M 10d10+20 (75 hp) 15 10 15 16 15 12 7/9 9 9 3 9 17 -
    Juvenile L 13d10+39 (110 hp) 17 10 17 18 17 14 9/16 11 11 4 11 19 -
    Young Adult L 16d10+64 (152 hp) 19 10 19 20 19 16 12/20 15 14 5 14 22 21
    Adult H 19d10+95 (199 hp) 23 10 21 22 21 18 14/28 18 16 6 16 24 23
    Mature Adult H 22d10+132 (253 hp) 25 12 23 24 21 18 16/31 21 19 8 18 27 25
    Old H 25d10+175 (312 hp) 27 12 25 24 23 20 18/34 24 21 9 20 29 27
    Very Old H 28d10+224 (378 hp) 29 12 27 26 25 22 21/38 28 24 10 23 32 30
    Ancient G 31d10+279 (449 hp) 33 12 29 28 27 24 23/46 30 26 11 25 34 32
    Wyrm G 34d10+340 (527 hp) 35 12 31 30 27 24 25/49 33 29 12 27 37 34
    Great Wyrm G 37d10+370 (573 hp) 37 12 31 32 29 26 27/52 36 30 13 29 38 36

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Artificer Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 20 (+1 size, +9 natural) - Immunity to Slow and Charm, Least Overclock, Light Fortification -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 22 (+12 natural) - Overclock -
    Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) +0 25 (+15 natural) - Moderate Fortification -
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) - Clockwork Mind 1st
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 30 (-1 size, +21 natural) 16 DR 5/adamantine 3rd
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 18 Construct Body 5th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +1 36 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +27 natural) 20 DR 10/adamantine 7th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +1 39 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +30 natural) 22 Greater Overclock 9th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +1 42 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +33 natural) 24 DR 15/adamantine 11th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +1 43 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +36 natural) 25 Wall of Gears 13th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +1 46 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +39 natural) 26 DR 20/adamantine and 5/chaos 15th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +1 49 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +42 natural) 28 True Overclock 17th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A clockwork dragon has two breath weapons, a cone of haste gas which affects all creatures within with a haste effect for 1 round/age category, no creature may be affected by this breath weapon for 1 minute after the effect ends, and a cone of slow gas which affects all creatures within as with a slow spell for 2 rounds/age category (Will negates).

Least Overclock (Ex): Once per round a clockwork dragon may take 2 damage per hit die to make an extra move action during any round. This damage cannot be reduced by any means, and bypasses regeneration.

Overclock (Ex): Once per round a very young or older clockwork dragon may take 2 damage per hit die to make an extra standard action during any round, it may not use this ability and Least Overclock in the same round. This damage cannot be reduced by any means, and bypasses regeneration.

Clockwork Mind (Ex): A young or older clockwork dragon is immune to all mind-affecting effects, and stunning.

Clockwork Body (Ex): An adult or older clockwork dragon is no longer subject to critical hits, subdual damage, death from massive damage, necromancy effects, or any spell or spell-like ability which allows a Fort save and does not also affect objects.

Greater Overclock (Ex): Once per round old or older clockwork dragon may take 2 damage per hit die to make an extra standard and move action. It may not also use Least Overclock or Overclock in the same round. This damage cannot be reduced by any means, and bypasses regeneration.

True Overclock (Su): A great wyrm clockwork dragon may now use Least Overclock, Overclock, and Greater Overclock in the same round. In addition it may as a standard action duplicate a Time Stop effect by taking 4 damage per hit die. During the Time Stop effect it may not use Least Overclock, Overclock, or Greater Overclock, and it may not initiate the Time Stop effect during the same round that it is using one of the above. After the Time Stop effect ends the clockwork dragon must wait a number of rounds equal to the subjective time it was in the Time Stop before duplicating Time Stop again; it may however continue to use Least Overclock, Overclock, and Greater Overclock.

Infusions: A clockwork dragon can use infusions as an artificer of the listed level.

Spell-like Abilities: CL = age category or effective artificer level whichever is higher, 3/day Wall of Gears (ancient or older)

Skills: Appraise, Autohypnosis, and Martial Lore are class skills of clockwork dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-26 at 03:56 PM.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Clockwork dragon is done (okay I had the game mechanics for 2 or 3 days now, just no fluff)

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    I dont think that you put this dragon on the first page,its on page 14
    I hadn't, thanks for pointing it out (I thought I was missing one or two by adding the alignments up).

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #438

Clockwork Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Construct (Living Construct, Dragonforged)
    Environment: Any mountains or underground, occasionally found on Mechanus and other Lawful planes
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2Ė5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or clock (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 9; adult 11; mature adult 14; old 16; very old 18; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 22
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Lawful Neutral

Clockwork dragons are a mystery amongst the meta-dragons. Unlike their kin, lodestone dragons, ironrune dragons, brightsteel dragons, and forgewright dragons, the creation of clockwork dragons is unknown. Clockwork dragons claim that they are the natural evolution of meta-dragons, the perfect pinnacle of the breed, intone with the clockwork of reality acting in unison with its flows and rhythms. Course other dragons, meta and otherwise, call that a piece of lies told by conceited wyrms to over inflate their own position.

Now enough about their origins, greater sages than I couldnít work those out so, I wonít even try it. As to their nature, clockwork dragons are creatures of law. Though native to the Prime they share more in common with modrons and inevitables than humans in mindset, in fact many have migrated to Mechanus because itís more comfortable. Oh thatís not to say they canít lean towards good or evil, but few actually embrace either, and fewer still ever forsake law. They live heavily regimented lives, everything has its time and its place and they donít like interruptions; in fact a good way to get on ones bad side is to make it have to break its schedule, and sometimes they schedule out their lives for years in the future. Of course they arenít as unchanging as modrons or inevitables, but itís still difficult to get them to change their ways. Many spend their time in contemplation of the laws of the multiverse, and some even take it upon themselves to enforce these laws whether attempting to enforce them all or like inevitables enforcing only a specific law varies from dragon to dragon. In truth it is not unheard of for clockwork dragons to work alongside maruts or other inevitables in their pursuit of justice.

Like other meta-dragons clockwork dragons require magical items in their reproductive cycle. This is an important note when dealing with such dragons as it gives mortals a tool with which to bargain, albeit an expensive tool. Clockwork dragons will sometimes offer aid, though, in return for such treasure, although they will not aid one in breaking cosmic laws.

Clockwork dragons appear to be made from a brownish-yellow metal, although under their hide clockwork gears can be seen. They have thick, stocky necks, and wide powerful jaws. Their wings are wide but have a smaller wingspan than most dragons. Their tails are long and wide. Surprisingly as they gain size their internal workings become smaller and more complex actually granting them greater agility and speed despite the increase in bulk. By straining themselves they can even push themselves to new levels in a dangerous fashion.

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice | Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon DC| Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling| S| 4d10+4 (26 hp) | 11| 10| 13| 14| 13| 10| 3/-1| 4| 5| 1| 5| 13 |-
    Very Young| M| 7d10+7 (45 hp) | 13| 10| 13| 16| 15| 12| 5/6| 6| 6| 2| 7| 14 |-
    Young | M| 10d10+20 (75 hp) | 15| 10| 15| 16| 15| 12| 7/9| 9| 9| 3| 9| 17 |-
    Juvenile| L| 13d10+39 (110 hp) | 17| 10| 17| 18| 17| 14| 9/16| 11| 11| 4| 11| 19 |-
    Young Adult| L| 16d10+64 (152 hp) | 19| 10| 19| 20| 19| 16| 12/20| 15| 14| 5| 14| 22 |21
    Adult| H| 19d10+95 (199 hp) | 23| 10| 21| 22| 21| 18| 14/28| 18| 16| 6| 16| 24 |23
    Mature Adult| H| 22d10+132 (253 hp) | 25| 12| 23| 24| 21| 18| 16/31| 21| 19| 8| 18| 27 |25
    Old | H| 25d10+175 (312 hp) | 27| 12| 25| 24| 23| 20| 18/34| 24| 21| 9| 20| 29 |27
    Very Old| H| 28d10+224 (378 hp) | 29| 12| 27| 26| 25| 22| 21/38| 28| 24| 10| 23| 32 |30
    Ancient| G| 31d10+279 (449 hp) | 33| 12| 29| 28| 27| 24| 23/46| 30| 26| 11| 25| 34 |32
    Wyrm | G| 34d10+340 (527 hp) | 35| 12| 31| 30| 27| 24| 25/49| 33| 29| 12| 27| 37 |34
    Great Wyrm | G| 37d10+370 (573 hp) | 37| 12| 31| 32| 29| 26| 27/52| 36| 30| 13| 29| 38 |36[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init |AC |SR |Special Abilities |Artificer Level
    Wyrmling |40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) |+0 |20 (+1 size, +9 natural) |- |Immunity to Slow and Charm, Least Overclock, Light Fortification |-
    Very Young |40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) |+0 |22 (+12 natural) |- |Overclock |-
    Young |40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) |+0 |25 (+15 natural) |- |Moderate Fortification |-
    Juvenile |40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) |+0 |27 (-1 size, +18 natural) |- |Clockwork Mind |1st
    Young Adult |40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) |+0 |30 (-1 size, +21 natural) |16 |DR 5/adamantine |3rd
    Adult |40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) |+0 |32 (-2 size, +24 natural) |18 |Construct Body |5th
    Mature Adult |40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+1 |36 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +27 natural) |20 |DR 10/adamantine |7th
    Old |40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+1 |39 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +30 natural) |22 |Greater Overclock |9th
    Very Old |40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+1 |42 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +33 natural) |24 |DR 15/adamantine |11th
    Ancient |40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+1 |43 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +36 natural) |25 |Wall of Gears |13th
    Wyrm |40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+1 |46 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +39 natural) |26 |DR 20/adamantine and 5/chaos |15th
    Great Wyrm |40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+1 |49 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +42 natural) |28 |True Overclock |17th[/table]

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A clockwork dragon has two breath weapons, a cone of haste gas which affects all creatures within with a haste effect for 1 round/age category, no creature may be affected by this breath weapon for 1 minute after the effect ends, and a cone of slow gas which affects all creatures within as with a slow spell for 2 rounds/age category (Will negates).

Least Overclock (Ex): Once per round a clockwork dragon may take 2 damage per hit die to make an extra move action during any round.

Overclock (Ex): Once per round a very young or older clockwork dragon may take 2 damage per hit die to make an extra standard action during any round, it may not use this ability and Least Overclock in the same round.

Clockwork Mind (Ex): A young or older clockwork dragon is immune to all mind-affecting effects, and stunning.

Clockwork Body (Ex): An adult or older clockwork dragon is no longer subject to critical hits, subdual damage, death from massive damage, necromancy effects, or any spell or spell-like ability which allows a Fort save and does not also affect objects.

Greater Overclock (Ex): Once per round old or older clockwork dragon may take 2 damage per hit die to make an extra standard and move action. It may not also use Least Overclock or Overclock in the same round.

True Overclock (Su): A great wyrm clockwork dragon may now use Least Overclock, Overclock, and Greater Overclock in the same round. In addition it may as a standard action duplicate a Time Stop effect by taking 4 damage per hit die. During the Time Stop effect it may not use Least Overclock, Overclock, or Greater Overclock, and it may not initiate the Time Stop effect during the same round that it is using one of the above. After the Time Stop effect ends the clockwork dragon must wait a number of rounds equal to the subjective time it was in the Time Stop before duplicating Time Stop again; it may however continue to use Least Overclock, Overclock, and Greater Overclock.

Infusions: A clockwork dragon can use infusions as an artificer of the listed level.

Spell-like Abilities: CL = age category or effective artificer level whichever is higher, 3/day Wall of Gears (ancient or older)

Skills: Appraise, Autohypnosis, and Martial Lore are class skills of clockwork dragons.
    Awesome, just as I would have imagined them.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Now just Lodestone left and I'll have completed all 5 meta-dragons (pumpkin dragons don't count since they're a joke/half-way a joke). Also how many people would actually notice/care if I mixed Japanese and Chinese in naming the Lung dragons? Lung is Chinese derived but that's about as far as my knowledge of the language gets.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #440

Since I was the one who requested the Lung Dragons, I have no problem with mixing Japanese and Chinese if you think one would sound better than the other.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Not so much sound better, honestly I think Chinese would sound better, just I know a smattering of Japanese and absolutely no Chinese, and don't know a reliable English-Chinese dictionary site (could someone point me to one?)

Take Lung probably doesn't sound as good as Zhu (symbol over u I don't know how to type) Lung for example. But I'm not sure Zhu is the right word.

Nichi Lung = sun dragon = Tai Yang Lung (maybe).

Kin Lung = Metal/gold = Jin Lung

Tsurugi Lung = Sword = Jia Lung

Like I said though Chinese probably would sound better if anyone can point me towards a reliable site (I know enough to know half of online dictionaries get things wrong more often than not). I'm looking at one now, I just don't fully trust it; at least I know they have the right symbols even if I'm not sure about pronunciation.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-17 at 05:53 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #442

You're right Japanese and Chinese mixed together sounds strange. Unfortunately I don't know any reliable sites to point you to...but hey even the not so reliable ones might give you words that sound better in front of -Lung.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Thanks a lot for Gemini Dragon, I liked it very much and I hope, that my party will like it too .

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

You might want to double check the CRs, though, I finally decided it was a little stronger than a blue dragon (okay worse stats but with abilities to help with action economy making it stronger) but it is still something to double check (especially since WotC dragons have iffy CRs to begin with).

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Tai Yang Lung
    Dragon (Spirit, Fire)
    Environment: Warm land
    Organization: Juvenile and young adult: solitary or clutch (2Ė5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary
    Challenge Rating: Juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 26
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Always Lawful Neutral.

Tai yang lungs are the dragons of the sun. It is their job to watch over the world from the sky above, reporting events in the world to the Celestial Bureaucracy, and occasionally to go down to Earth and in secrecy end the life of one who has broken the laws of propriety. Tai yang lungs do not relish their duty as executioner, but they maintain it with the cold and ruthless efficiency such a duty requires. Tai yang lungs are cold and distant creatures, standing a step above mortals. Their duties require them to be detached, not going out of their way to help mortals unless ordered, although from time to time they will slightly influence events to obtain a desired result of aiding a favored mortal.

Tai yang lungs have long serpentine bodies covered in red-gold scales, a mane of fiery hair hangs about their heads and the first portion of their necks. Their feet ends in scaly paws, like those of some reptilian lion, and their teeth are great and powerful. Their tail is long and narrows to a point towards the end. Tai yang lungs are said to fear nothing and always move forward with bravery and bravado.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Frightful Presence
    Juvenile L 16d12+48 (172 hp) 25 10 17 14 17 16 16/27 22 13 10 13 -
    Young Adult L 19d12+76 (199 hp) 27 10 19 14 17 16 19/31 26 15 11 14 22
    Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 29 10 21 16 19 18 22/39 29 18 13 17 25
    Mature Adult H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 31 10 21 16 19 18 25/43 33 19 14 18 26
    Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 35 10 23 18 21 20 28/48 38 22 16 21 29
    Very Old G 31d12+217 (418 hp) 37 10 25 20 23 22 31/56 40 24 17 23 31
    Ancient G 34d12+272 (493 hp) 39 10 27 22 25 24 34/60 44 27 19 26 34
    Wyrm G 37d12+333 (573 hp) 41 10 29 24 27 26 37/64 48 29 20 28 36
    Great Wyrm G 40d12+400 (660 hp) 43 10 31 26 29 28 40/68 52 32 22 31 39

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) - Fly, Absorb Fire, Cold Vulnerability, Fire Immunity
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 20 DR 5/magic
    Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) 22 Heat Aura
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 24 DR 10/magic
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) 26 Fire Storm, Wall of Fire
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) 28 DR 15/magic
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) 30 Fiery Backlash
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 32 DR 20/magic
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 45 (-4 size, +39 natural) 34 Stricken by the Sun

Special Abilities

Absorb Fire (Su): When a tai yang lung would take fire damage before applying immunity it instead heals 1 hp per 2 points of fire damage it would take, negating the damage.

Heat Aura (Su): The temperature within 60-ft of an adult or older tai yang lung is always at least 200 degrees (see Sandstorm for Unearthly Heat for detailed effects, or DMG for less detailed effects) or increased by 2 bands on Sandstormís scale whichever is higher.

Fiery Backlash (Su): Whenever an ancient or older tai yang lungís SR stops a spell or spell-like ability, or it makes a saving throw to negate the effect of a targeted spell or spell-like ability (not for half damage, or partial effect, must be to completely negate the effect) a tai yang lung may turn the magical energies back on the caster dealing damage to the caster equal to twice their caster level. This damage is one-half fire and one-half divine in nature making only half the damage subject to effects to reduce or ignore fire damage.

Stricken by the Sun (Su): Once per day when a great wyrm tai yang lung dragon successfully makes a bite attack against a target it may as a free action force the target to make a Fort save (DC 40) or take damage equal to the targetís maximum hit points; this damage is one-half fire and one-half divine in nature and therefore only half of the damage is affected by effects to reduce or ignore fire damage.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Fire Storm (old or older), Wall of Fire (old or older).

Skills: Bluff, Hide, and Disguise are class skills for a tai yang dragon.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-28 at 01:59 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #446
    Banned

Nice! Fantastic work as always.
    Edit: I noticed you changed to 50+ in your signature but not the thread title.
    Last edited by Jokasti; 2010-10-17 at 08:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Clockwork Dragon is totally nuts and that makes it awesome; however, does True Overclock allow it to deal itself 6 damage/hit die to take two additional move actions and two additional standard actions (for a grand total of 1 swift, 3 moves, and 3 standard actions) on it's turn??? If so... holy toledo! Regardless you ought to specify that the damage dealt by Overclock isn't subject to Damage Reduction, Energy Resistance, or any other effect that would prevent or reduce damage. For completeness you might include that it overcomes Regeneration too (but this is largely unnecessary).
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Jin Lung
    Dragon (Spirit, Metal)
    Environment: Underground
    Organization: Juvenile and young adult: solitary or clutch (2Ė5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary
    Challenge Rating: Juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24
    Treasure: Quadruple Standard
    Alignment: Usually Lawful Neutral.

Jin lung are spirits tasked with bestowing luck and good fortune upon mortals. They bestow this good fortune wherever directed by the Celestial Bureaucracy, bestowing curses on magistrates who abuse their powers, merchants who dishonor their ancestors, warriors who flee the battle, and others who act in ways that the Celestial Bureaucracy deems fitting of punishment, at the same time leveling boons to those who act in ways deserving of them.

Jin lungsí bodies are similar to those of great mastiffs, their heads like those of bears, their feet the talons of eagles, their necks that of a horse, their tail the tail of a snake, and all across their body scales the color of the purest gold. From their chins a beard of brilliant silver stretches to drag across the ground, and tufts of fur sprout just above each talon.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Frightful Presence
    Juvenile L 16d12+48 (172 hp) 25 10 17 12 15 14 16/27 22 13 10 12 -
    Young Adult H 19d12+76 (199 hp) 27 10 19 14 17 16 19/35 25 15 11 14 22
    Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 29 10 21 14 17 16 22/39 29 18 13 16 24
    Mature Adult H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 31 10 21 16 19 18 25/43 33 19 14 18 26
    Old G 28d12+168 (350 hp) 35 10 23 16 19 18 28/52 36 22 16 20 28
    Very Old G 31d12+217 (418 hp) 37 10 25 18 21 20 31/56 40 24 17 22 30
    Ancient G 34d12+272 (493 hp) 39 10 27 18 21 20 34/60 44 27 19 24 32
    Wyrm G 37d12+333 (573 hp) 41 10 29 20 23 22 37/64 48 29 20 26 34
    Great Wyrm C 40d12+400 (660 hp) 43 10 31 20 23 22 40/72 48 32 22 28 36

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) - Fly, Fire Vulnerability, Repulse Metal
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) 20 DR 5/magic
    Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) 22 Bestow Curse, Boon
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) 24 DR 10/magic
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 34 (-4 size, +28 natural) 26 Remove Curse, Flesh to Gold
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) 28 DR 15/magic
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) 30 Aura of Unluck, Dying Curse
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) 32 DR 20/magic
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-8 size, +40 natural) 34 Greater Bestow Curse, Drain Luck

Special Abilities:

Fly (Su): A jin lung dragon has a white pearl worth 1000 GP embedded within its skull that allows it to fly.

Repulse Metal (Su): Metal refuses to strike a jin lung. Any attack roll made on a jin lung with a metal weapon, or weapon that includes metal parts, suffers a -3 to hit.

Boon (Su): An adult or older jin lung can grant a creature within 100-ft a boon. This boon grants the target creature a +2 luck bonus to saves, attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks, increasing to +3 at Very Old, and to +4 at Great Wyrm. This bonus lasts 1 week, and a jin lung may only grant a number of boons equal to its charisma bonus at any one time.

Bestow Curse (Sp): An adult or older jin lung may bestow curse as the spell, but with a range of 100-ft and no need to make a touch attack roll; they may use this ability 3 times a day. When they obtain the great wyrm age category they may now use this ability at will.

Flesh to Gold (Sp): 3/day an old or older jin lung may attempt to turn a foe to gold. This functions as Flesh to Stone except instead of turning to stone the target becomes solid gold and the effect automatically ends, reverting them to their natural form as if a Stone to Flesh spell had been cast on them, after 24 hours. This is equivalent to a 6th level spell.

Aura of Unluck (Su): An ancient or older jin lung radiates an aura of bad luck which cripples his enemies. Enemies within 60-ft of a jin lung suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, caster level, AC, ability checks, and skill checks.

Dying Curse (Su): Any creature which slays an ancient or older jin lung is cursed. Any creature which takes part in the killing suffers a -1 luck penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, caster level, AC, ability checks, and skill checks and the creature which lays the final blow is cursed as if by Greater Bestow Curse. A will save is allowed to resist the Greater Bestow Curse with a DC equal to that of the dragon's frightful presence.

Greater Bestow Curse (Sp): A great wyrm jin lung may use Greater Bestow Curse as the spell but with a 100-ft and no need to make a touch attack roll; they may use this ability 1/day.

Drain Luck (Su): Any creature that takes damage from a great wyrm jin lungís natural weapon suffers a -4 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, caster level, AC, ability checks, and skill checks as all their luck forsakes them.

Spell-like Abilities: At will Remove Curse (old or older).

Skills: Appraise is a class skill for jin lungs.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-25 at 11:03 PM.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #449
    Banned

Ahhhh so these are the those that we shall be combatting.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    Clockwork Dragon is totally nuts and that makes it awesome; however, does True Overclock allow it to deal itself 6 damage/hit die to take two additional move actions and two additional standard actions (for a grand total of 1 swift, 3 moves, and 3 standard actions) on it's turn??? If so... holy toledo! Regardless you ought to specify that the damage dealt by Overclock isn't subject to Damage Reduction, Energy Resistance, or any other effect that would prevent or reduce damage. For completeness you might include that it overcomes Regeneration too (but this is largely unnecessary).
    Thanks for pointing out I'd forgotten the standard "cannot be reduced by any means" clause. And yeah that might be a little too strong, I'd go with Con damage but they can't heal it ever which just seems silly. Also upped the CR 1, and might up it again. Then again they're dealing almost half of their health so they're either spending at least one of those standard actions to heal (with repair construct for 150 hp back) or they're really hurting afterward. But then again they just ate the party fighter.

Current Projects: