New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Crud did I put down Cha instead of Wis for their highest bonus? Changing that right now. Done.

@ Monkman: I would post it there but I'd rather not as I made about 3 of the dragons in that thread and when I posted them the original version is nothing like the final which seemed to have nothing from what I made except the picture...

@ Zaydos: I love the little Blackberry Dragon and would eventually like to see a true dragon made from it. Though possibly it wouldn't be a single bush type more like the minor 1 bush dragons like Blackberry Dragon only live 200-ish like a non-true dragon but a type that could be called like a Thicket Dragon is the true dragon version of the Blackberry.

Thicket Dragons would be all brambles and thornes and the like.
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-10-10 at 12:31 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Blackberry dragon's chart is missing the DCs for the Breath Weapon. It looks like a separator is missing between Age and Speed in the Heading.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Hmmm. Could you possibly create some sort of dragon that combines divine and arcane magic as their primary "thing"?
    Well I do love theurges Give me a combination PrC any day.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Crud did I put down Cha instead of Wis for their highest bonus? Changing that right now. Done.

@ Monkman: I would post it there but I'd rather not as I made about 3 of the dragons in that thread and when I posted them the original version is nothing like the final which seemed to have nothing from what I made except the picture...

@ Zaydos: I love the little Blackberry Dragon and would eventually like to see a true dragon made from it. Though possibly it wouldn't be a single bush type more like the minor 1 bush dragons like Blackberry Dragon only live 200-ish like a non-true dragon but a type that could be called like a Thicket Dragon is the true dragon version of the Blackberry.

Thicket Dragons would be all brambles and thornes and the like.
    Might try thicket dragons someday. also you might give that thread a second try, it's under new management now.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Blackberry dragon's chart is missing the DCs for the Breath Weapon. It looks like a separator is missing between Age and Speed in the Heading.

Debby
    Since I had to redo the chart for it anyway I put the DCs in parenthesis in the same column. Its speed... apparently I had only fixed half of its speed and left the other half copied and pasted from another dragon making it go from Fly 30-ft (good) to 150-ft (poor) in 1 age category. That and the table divider are fixed now.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm currently getting the image of a six or maybe eight limbed dragon, no wings, powerful claws on its front four legs and maybe a connection with basilisks (have to check if they have 6 or 8 limbs now). Probably a low amount of magical talent for a dragon, possibly even none giving it a martial progression instead.

Tell me what you think
    i think that would work, but they would resemble drakes, if you do that why dont you make them more like battlish like putting extra sharp armor, a powerfull breath attack, poisious claws,etc?
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-10 at 10:14 AM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Death Dragon
    Dragon (Evil)
    Environment: Any land
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary.
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 6; juvenile
    8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 15; old 17; very old 19; ancient 20; wyrm 21; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil

Death dragons made a pact with Falazure the draconic god of death. Ages ago they were black dragons struck by a magical plague. It turned their own magical nature against them and one by one they died. They beseeched the gods for aid, and Falazure answered. Swear their souls to him, and he would bless them with an ability to resist the daemonic plague. The dragons accepted and swore fealty to the dread dragon and thus they became death dragons.

Death dragons are hateful creatures, trapped in a state of perpetual suffering. The pact their ancestors made with Falazure left them unable to feel happiness, joy, or love. These dragons, only able to feel negative emotions and those only barely, now live in secluded and forgotten reaches waiting only to cause others to feel their pain and suffering.

Young death dragons are rarer than the older drakes, as the race slowly dies out from mutual loathing keeping elders too far apart to find mates. Even when they are born, a death dragon parent rarely cares to see, much less be bothered providing for, their own young abandoning the eggs to whatever fate fickle chance would have await them. Some of these young dragons will band together out of mutual preservation, but never do they feel camaraderie and many times by adulthood these groups will fall apart due to actual violent, and death causing, in-fighting.

Death dragons look at birth like black dragons, but as they age changes appear. Their scales quickly lose all luster, and their eyes become a deep, burning red. Their bodies become lank, and gaunt, taking on a look of malnourishment to the point that their bones become visible shapes through their bodies. Scales hang loosely from their bones, and only pure malevolence seems to animate them.

Death dragons never have an attitude towards a creature better than “indifferent”.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 3d12+3 (22 hp) 11 10 13 10 13 10 3/-5 5 4 3 4 1 12 -
    Very Young S 6d12+12 (51 hp) 13 10 15 10 13 10 6/3 8 7 5 6 1 15 -
    Young S 9d12+18 (76 hp) 15 10 15 12 13 12 9/7 12 8 6 7 1 16 -
    Juvenile M 12d12+36 (114 hp) 17 10 17 12 13 12 12/15 15 11 8 9 2 19 -
    Young Adult M 15d12+60 (157 hp) 19 10 19 14 15 14 15/19 19 13 9 11 2 21 16
    Adult L 18d12+76 (193 hp) 23 10 19 14 15 14 18/28 23 15 11 13 3 23 19
    Mature Adult L 21d12+105 (241 hp) 27 10 21 16 17 16 21/33 28 17 12 15 4 25 20
    Old H 24d12+120 (276 hp) 29 10 21 16 17 16 24/41 31 19 14 17 5 27 23
    Very Old H 27d12+138 (287 hp) 31 10 23 18 19 18 27/45 35 21 15 19 5 29 24
    Ancient H 30d12+180 (375 hp) 33 10 23 18 19 18 30/49 39 23 17 21 6 31 27
    Wyrm H 33d12+231 (445 hp) 35 10 25 20 21 20 33/53 43 25 18 23 7 33 28
    Great Wyrm G 36d12+288 (522 hp) 37 10 27 22 23 22 36/61 45 28 20 26 8 36 31

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 50-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 15 (+2 size, +3 natural) - Immunity to death effects and energy drain, Not subject to morale bonuses or penalties, or fear effects, Immunity to Charm Monster effects, Rebuke/Command Undead -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 120-ft (average) +0 17 (+1 size, +6 natural) - Aura of Desecration -
    Young 60-ft, fly 120-ft (average) +0 20 (+1 size, +9 natural) - Touch of the Reanimator 1st
    Juvenile 80-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +0 22 (+12 natural) - Mastery of Undead +1 3rd
    Young Adult 80-ft, fly 150-ft (average) +0 25 (+15 natural) 19 DR 5/magic 5th
    Adult 80-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 27 (-1 size, +18 natural) 20 Reanimating Breath 7th
    Mature Adult 80-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 30 (-1 size, +21 natural) 23 DR 10/magic, Legions of the Dead 9th
    Old 80-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) 24 Life Draining Bite, Mastery of Undead +2 11th
    Very Old 100-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 13th
    Ancient 100-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 38 (-2 size, +30 natural) 27 Create Undead 15th
    Wyrm 100-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 41 (-2 size, +33 natural) 28 DR 20/magic 17th
    Great Wyrm 100-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) 30 Awaken Undead, Life Draining Claws, Mastery of Undead +3 19th

Special Abilities (Su)

Breath Weapon (Su): A death dragon’s breath weapon is a cone of brownish gray gas with the gritty feel of crypt dust. Creatures within the cone gain the number of negative levels indicated on the above table; the saving throw to remove the negative level is given on the table as well. A successful Reflex save (against the same DC) reduces the number of negative levels by half (round down).

Rebuke Undead (Su): A death dragon rebukes and commands undead as a cleric twice its age category.

Aura of Desecration (Su): A very young or older death dragon exudes a 60-ft aura that mimics the effects of the Desecrate spell as if cast on an unholy altar. Despite being supernatural this aura can be dispelled (it’s effective CL is the death dragon’s age category or CL whichever is greater), but automatically reactivates 24 hours later.

Touch of the Reanimator (Sp): A young or older death dragon may reanimate a corpse at-will as if with the spell Animate Dead as an action that takes 1 full round and has a touch range (so only 1 corpse at a time). It may still only control 4 times its caster level (which is either its age category or dread necromancer CL whichever is higher) worth of undead animated by this ability. Unlike animate dead this ability can be used to re-animate skeletons and zombies with more than 20-HD (although only if the death dragon has a CL of 11 or higher). This is the equivalent of a 4th level spell of the necromancy school.

Mastery of Undead (Su): A juvenile or older death dragon adds the listed number to its effective cleric level for turning, as well as its attack and damage rolls against undead, and all saving throws to resist spells and effect of undead.

Reanimating Breath (Su): Any creature killed by an adult or older death dragon’s breath weapon instantly reanimate as wights. They are not under the death dragon’s control but begin with an initial attitude of friendly towards it.

Legions of the Dead (Su): A mature adult or older death dragon may control 4+ its Charisma modifier HD worth of undead per caster level with the Animate Dead spell when it casts it. In addition undead created by a mature adult or older death dragon have +2 hp per hit die and +4 Str.

Life Draining Bite (Su): Any creature hit by an old or older death dragon gains a negative level. 24 hours they must make a Fortitude save (same DC as Breath Weapon) or it becomes a permanent level loss. A creature killed by this ability reanimates as a wraith 1d4 rounds later.

Life Draining Claws (Su): Any creature hit by a great wyrm death dragon’s claw attack must make a Fort save (same DC as breath weapon) or gain a negative level. If they failed 24 hours later they must repeat the save or the level loss becomes permanent. Any creature killed by this ability reanimates as a wraith 1d4 rounds later.

Spells: Death dragons cast spells as a dread necromancer of the listed level.

Spell-like Abilities: 1/day: Create Undead (ancient or older), Awaken Undead (great wyrm).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 09:03 PM.

Current Projects:

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    Can you please do a necromancy-styled Dragon. Pretty please with a stack of skulls on top?
    Finished it; not really happy about the fluff though. Might rework that (and even dump the immunity to Charm and Morale effects).

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    i think that would work, but they would resemble drakes, if you do that why dont you make them more like battlish like putting extra sharp armor, a powerfull breath attack, poisious claws,etc?
    Well I had editted the post at 1 AM to strike through the wingless part. There's plenty of dragons without spells (they get SLAs). If I went the ToB route hopefully it wouldn't need other things to make it an interesting melee combatant (+1d6+age category fire damage on 8 attacks just using a Lv 1 boost, invisibility with a level 2 boost, and so much more), if not definitely include abilities to make it more battlish.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you remember SilverClawShift's Campain journal where she re-animated a dead dragon?

I'm glad the dragon she reanimated was NOT a Death Dragon. And death dragon infighting must be even worse!
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Do you remember SilverClawShift's Campain journal where she re-animated a dead dragon?

I'm glad the dragon she reanimated was NOT a Death Dragon. And death dragon infighting must be even worse!
    Can't say I've read any campaign journals. And can say that link makes me remember that I'm quite glad they nerfed dragons' blindsight down to mere blindsense in 3.5.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Will have an Oak Dragon Monster-Class done sometime tomorrow.

Could you make another Fae dragon out of this tree type?

Dawn Redwood

11. - Top - End - #371

un_know will you let me put your willow dragon class in the improved monster thread?
    you'll still get credit for it
    (example)

Willow dragon made by un_know modfied/edited by monkman
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Will have an Oak Dragon Monster-Class done sometime tomorrow.

Could you make another Fae dragon out of this tree type?

Dawn Redwood
    Surprisingly enough already started on a red wood dragon, though got distracted by PbP, manga, and my room mate (can't listen to Manowar when he's in the room). Hadn't decided which type of red wood to do, but dawn is the one I'm most familiar with (they're living fossils fyi), having trouble deciding on a breath weapon for them though (oak was easy as English oaks were associated with Thor and lightning).

Current Projects:

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Monk I'll just put it in; but I need to ask first as if I remember it is only for D&D monsters that are being adapted. Which is why I've been not wanting to.

Though what changes where you going to make? I'd like to know them as I might make them myself or merge them in.

An Zaydos really? I very much like the fact you already are making one.

\Edit: Possibly a breath weapon to do with fossilization? Or aging?
    Last edited by un_known; 2010-10-10 at 06:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

An Zaydos really? I very much like the fact you already are making one.

\Edit: Possibly a breath weapon to do with fossilization? Or aging?
    Aging maybe, fossilization; well luster dragon already has petrification breath and that's a tricky one because it is a Save or Die (not just a Save or Lose like paralysis and sleep). Especially for CR 12 or lower dragons when the party can't reasonably be expected to have access to Stone to Flesh. Might go with one that gives penalties to all physical ability scores or Dex though.

Also it has Powerful Build, that was about as far as I had gotten. I have since gotten a little further, but haven't finished yet (and then there's the breath weapon which is normally the easy part).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-10 at 06:25 PM.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Redwood Dragon
    Dragon (Wood, Feykin)
    Environment: Temperate Forests (Faerie)
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 5; very young 6; young 8; juvenile 11; young adult 14; adult 16; mature adult 19; old 21; very old 22; ancient 24; wyrm 25; great wyrm 28
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Always True Neutral.

Old as the woods themselves the Redwood Dragons are proud and mighty beasts. Unlike their kin connected to angiosperms these dragons care little for such moral quandaries as “Good” and “Evil” for them there is only the forest, only nature, only the great expanse of woods. They are absolutely ruthless to those who would defile their home and unlike Oak dragons’ whose goodness can be appealed to, a redwood dragon cares little about whether you are ‘right’ to harm the woods or not; it is their purpose to defend them.

Redwood dragons are linked to primarily to Dawn Redwoods (Metasequoia glyptostroboides) although some are bound to Giant and Coast Redwoods as well. Like their trees these dragons are massive, larger even than other dragons. They rarely rely on magic to fight their foes, although they are not above using it to cover their weaknesses or improve their already formidable physical prowess.

Redwood dragons are born with scales of a bright green, and as they age they begin to turn to the brown of fallen needles. Their eyes are a deep amber, and their bodies are larger than those of other arbor dragons of the same age, or most any other dragon of the same age for that matter.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 6d12+12 (51 hp) 15 10 15 12 15 12 6/12 8 7 5 7 1d10 (15) (-)
    Very Young L 9d12+18 (76 hp) 19 10 15 12 17 12 9/21 12 8 6 9 2d10 (16) (-)
    Young L 12d12+36 (114 hp) 21 10 17 14 17 14 12/25 16 11 8 11 3d10 (19) (-)
    Juvenile L 15d12+45 (142 hp) 23 10 17 14 19 14 16/29 20 12 9 13 4d10 (20) (-)
    Young Adult H 18d12+76 (193 hp) 25 10 19 16 21 16 18/37 23 15 11 16 5d10 (23) 22
    Adult H 21d12+105 (241 hp) 27 10 21 18 23 18 21/41 27 17 12 18 6d10 (25) 24
    Mature Adult H 24d12+144 (310 hp) 29 10 23 18 23 18 24/45 31 20 14 20 7d10 (28) 26
    Old H 27d12+189 (314 hp) 31 10 25 20 25 20 27/49 35 22 15 22 8d10 (30) 28
    Very Old G 30d12+210 (405 hp) 35 10 25 20 25 20 30/58 38 24 17 24 9d10 (32) 30
    Ancient G 33d12+264 (478 hp) 37 10 27 22 27 22 33/62 42 26 18 26 10d10 (34) 32
    Wyrm G 36d12+324 (558 hp) 39 10 29 24 29 24 36/66 46 29 20 29 11d10 (37) 35
    Great Wyrm C 39d12+351 (604 hp) 43 10 29 24 31 24 39/71 47 30 21 31 12d10 (38) 36

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 17 (+7 natural) - Fire Vulnerability, Tree Symbiosis, Powerful Build -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 19 (-1 size, +10 natural) - Sanctity of the Forest -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 22 (-1 size, +13 natural) - Woodland Stride 1st
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) - Stop Cold 3rd
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) 19 DR 5/cold iron 5th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) 21 Transport Tree, Fleetwood Step 7th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) 23 DR 10/cold iron 9th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) 24 Greater Sanctity of the Forest 11th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) 26 DR 15/cold iron 13th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) 28 Rend the Weave 15th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) 30 DR 20/cold iron 17th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-8 size, +40 natural) 32 Supreme Sanctity of the Forest 19th

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A redwood dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of bright green spiritual force that turns magical effects against their targets. This cone deals the listed damage allowing a Fortitude save for half, but a creature suffers a penalty to its Fortitude save equal to the number of currently active spell effects (but not continuous magic item abilities) on them.

Tree Symbiosis (Su): Each redwood dragon is mystically bound to a single redwood tree (salix alba is the most common species for redwood dragons) and must never stray more than one mile from it. Any who do become ill and die within 4d6 hours. A redwood dragon’s redwood does not radiate magic. A redwood dragon may move into its own tree existing in a sort of pocket dimension while within it. While within the tree the redwood dragon does not have line of effect to any creature, nor does any creature have line of effect to the redwood dragon. The redwood dragon may still see and hear normally as if it was in the space occupied by its arboreal home. A redwood dragon may also store objects (but not creatures) in its tree as if the tree were a type IV bag of holding. A redwood dragon may cause its tree to move slightly, but the speed of this movement is too slow for any in combat effect. Due to this symbiosis a redwood dragon's tree does not normally die of old age until the dragon itself succumbs to the twilight.

When the dragon has an egg they store it inside the mother’s tree. When the egg is ready to hatch the tree releases the egg with a tiny sapling (approximately 9 cm tall) growign from the top of it. When the baby pushes out from the egg the sapling is planted with the shell as is breaks down. And thus you have even more entwined dragons.

For a dragon that has lost its tree it can as a last resort before dying attempt to coerce from the ruins of the tree a tiny sapling and so long as one seed or sapling can be gained the dragon may live. Should this sapling survive the year the dragon will have a good growing tree. During this year the tree is very fragile and the Dragon takes a -10 on everything while out of sight of the tree. A dragon that destroyed its own tree does not have this option.

Rarely a redwood dragon, in a fit of madness, will destroy its own tree. Few redwood dragons survive this act and those who do become "Forlorn". A "Forlorn" suffers a -8 penalty to Wisdom and lose their druidic casting. They gain a +6 to Charisma and sorcerer casting as a sorcerer of the listed level. "Forlorn" as lose access to all Song of X abilities they had as a redwood dragon except for Song of Ending. "Forlorn" are always Chaotic Evil and exist in a state of anger, sorrow, and unending pain. Few "Forlorn" live more than a month, and none has been known to live a year in this state.

Powerful Build (Ex): Treated as one size category larger when beneficial; does not get extended reach or greater damage from natural weapons.

Sanctity of the Forest (Su): A very young or older redwood dragon produces an aura of magical suppression. Magical effects of 2nd level or lower are suppressed within 30-ft of a redwood dragon as if by Otiluke’s Suppressing Field; an exception are spells cast as a druid against which this aura has no effect.

Woodland Stride (Ex): A young or older redwood dragon gains woodland stride as a druid.

Stop Cold (Ex): When a juvenile or older redwood dragon makes an attack of opportunity and hits it stops whatever action provoked the attack of opportunity (trip, disarm, movement, spellcasting). In addition juvenile and older redwood dragons may make attacks of opportunity against spellcasters who are casting a spell on the defensive.

Transport Tree (Su): Once per year, as a free action, an adult or older redwood dragon may teleport itself and its tree as if using Greater Teleport, the tree appears already rooted to the ground.

Fleetwood Step (Su): When within 1000-ft of their tree an adult or older redwood dragon may teleport anywhere else within 1000-ft of its tree as a move action once per round.

Greater Sanctity of the Forest (Su): When a redwood dragon reaches the old age category its Sanctity of the Forest aura improves so that it now stops spells 5th level or lower and covers 60-ft in all directions.

Rend the Weave (Su): When an ancient or older redwood dragon bites a creature the redwood dragon may attempt a dispel check (CL = druid CL or age category whichever is higher) against every magical effect on the target starting with the highest level effect until it succeeds on dispelling one. If it successfully dispels a spell or effect it deals additional untyped damage equal to the spell or effect’s caster level.

Supreme Sanctity of the Forest (Su): A great wyrm’s sanctity of the forest aura extends 90-ft and suppresses 8th level or lower spells.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-02 at 12:48 AM.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Definitely the nastiest of the arbor dragons thus far, both in demeanor and in power.

Hope you like it -gets the feeling he just created something horribly nasty that will be tested on him-.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hehehehe I like it.....

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

This is when I'm glad I have a way to make touch attacks... even if only 1 every other round.

Still can't go toe to toe with a CR 11 Juvenile one... why was I looking at CR 11...
    Looking at CR 8 young I deal 1.8 more damage with touch attack + full power attack than with full attack; counting crits misses, etc; course if I wanted to use a boost to gain a flanking bonus against the dragon I'd deal 3.8 more without using my touch attack... I am disappointed in my ability to choose maneuvers and feats now.

But with the touch attack I can also attack on the defensive for +3 AC (leaving me a +7 to hit AC 9) or... can you PA = your BAB and Combat Expertise too?

Actually the same is true of any large or larger dragon except some would have higher or lower regular AC.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-10 at 10:26 PM.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #379

EvilClericGuy

I'd like to see a Hedge Dragon and a Briar Dragon. Both dwell in the spaces between the prime and Faerie that resembles a hedge that changes depending on where direction they head into while the Briar and Hedge Dragon belong to no court and stay neutral unless their territory is entered.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Redwood Dragon is awesome and SOOOO powerful... I love it.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Spellweave Dragon
    Dragon
    Environment: Any mountains
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary, or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 2, very young 4, young 6, juvenile 8, young adult 11, adult 14, mature adult 16, old 18, very old 20, ancient 23, wyrm 25, great wyrm 28.
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Any.

Spellweave dragons are known as keepers of ancient secrets, and beings who through innate talent have an understanding of magic on par or superior to any mage amongst human beings. They are reclusive beings with little love of their privacy being disturbed, lairing in distant mountains where they can study the arcane arts with little chance of intruders. Good aligned spellweave dragons tend only to teach intruders a minor lesson (maybe a curse) and send them on their way. Neutral ones will use lethal force to rid their sanctuary of intruders, and it is best not to intrude upon an evil spellweave lest you wish to become a part of their experiments.

This does not mean a spellweave dragon cannot be reasoned with, even evil spellweave dragons have been known to excuse intrusion with good enough reason and ample appeal to its vanity. A good spellweave dragon can be moved to use its sage knowledge to save others; just remember to stroke its ego while you’re at it. A neutral spellweave dragon will sometimes sell information and magic in exchange for gold, treasure, information and flattery. Evil spellweave dragons will exchange service for power, gold, and information as well; but be careful, if they can take it more easily than earn it they will so deal not with an evil dragon lest you have a means to master it.

Spellweave dragons are beings of immense knowledge, wisdom, and power. Just as immense as their magical strength is their vanity, and they are among the proudest of all dragonkind, the greatest of their wyrms considering themselves rivals to Bahamut and Tiamat themselves. Not many would care to argue with them, either, when you’re the size of a small hill and able to grant yourself divine magic, as well as having a mastery of the arcane arts rivaled only by a few in all existence, not many decide to gainsay you whatever title you would choose.

Spellweave dragons are elegant white dragons, with long smooth necks, tails, and limbs. Their eyes are a piercing sky blue, and they have a single bony frill upon their head, giving them an appearance somewhat like a cross between a crane and a white dragon. Their wings are long and subdivided into 2 inter connected wings each, wider than the wings of other dragons. Along their tails run two flaps of membrane over bony spurs, creating a very fin-like tail and some sages ponder that they were once a variety of sea dragon.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 2d12 (13 hp) 5 10 11 16 17 16 2/-9 1 3 3 6 1d4+1 -
    Very Young S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 7 10 13 18 19 18 6/3 8 5 4 8 2d4+2 -
    Young S 8d12+8 (60 hp) 9 10 13 20 21 20 9/7 12 7 6 11 3d4+3 -
    Juvenile M 11d12+22 (98 hp) 11 10 15 22 23 22 12/15 15 9 7 13 4d4+4 -
    Young Adult M 14d12+28 (119 hp) 13 10 15 24 25 24 15/19 19 11 9 16 5d4+5 24
    Adult L 17d12+51 (161 hp) 15 10 17 26 27 26 18/28 23 13 10 18 6d4+6 26
    Mature Adult L 20d12+80 (210 hp) 17 10 19 28 29 28 21/33 28 16 12 21 7d4+7 29
    Old H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 19 10 21 30 31 30 24/41 31 18 13 23 8d4+8 31
    Very Old H 26d12+130 (299 hp) 21 10 21 32 33 32 27/45 35 20 15 26 9d4+9 34
    Ancient H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 23 10 23 34 35 34 30/49 39 22 16 28 10d4+10 36
    Wyrm H 32d12+196 (408 hp) 25 10 23 36 37 36 33/53 43 24 18 31 11d4+11 39
    Great Wyrm G 35d12+245 (472 hp) 27 10 25 38 39 38 36/61 45 26 19 33 12d4+12 41

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Primary Casting Level Secondary Casting Level
    Wyrmling 20-ft, fly 60-ft (good) +0 14 (+2 size, +2 natural) 12 Immunity to Force, Spell Immunity (1st), Alternate Form, Weak Body, Detect Magic 1st -
    Very Young 20-ft, fly 60-ft (good) +0 16 (+1 size, +5 natural) 14 Spell Immunity (2nd), Prestidigitation 3rd 1st
    Young 20-ft, fly 60-ft (good) +0 19 (+1 size, +8 natural) 16 Spell Immunity (3rd), Dispel Magic 5th 3rd
    Juvenile 30-ft, fly 90-ft (good) +0 21 (+11 natural) 18 Spell Imunity (4th), Free Metamagic 1/day 7th 5th
    Young Adult 30-ft, fly 90-ft (good) +0 24 (+14 natural) 21 Spell Immunity (5th), DR 5/magic 9th 7th
    Adult 30-ft, fly 90-ft (good) +0 26 (-1 size, +17 natural) 24 Spell Immunity 6th, Absorb Energy 11th 9th
    Mature Adult 30-ft, fly 90-ft (good) +0 29 (-1 size, +20 natural) 26 Spell Immunity (7th), DR 10/magic 13th 11th
    Old 40-ft, fly 120-ft (good) +0 31 (-2 size, +23 natural) 28 Spell Immunity (8th), Teleport, Free Metamagic 2/day 15th 13th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 120-ft (good) +0 34 (-2 size, +26 natural) 30 Spell Immunity (9th), DR 15/magic 17th 15th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 120-ft (good) +0 37 (-2 size, +29 natural) 33 Spell Immunity (9th), Chain Breath, Greater Dispel Magic 19th 17th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 120-ft (good) +0 40 (-2 size, +32 natural) 35 Spell Immunity (9th), DR 20/magic 21st 19th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 180-ft (good) +0 41 (-4 size, +35 natural) 38 Spell Immunity 9th, Stop Time 23rd 21st

Special Abilities

Weak Body: A spellweave dragon’s natural weapons deal damage as if it were 1 size category smaller (1d4 bite, and 1d3 claw when they are tiny) and they gain new natural weapons one size category later than other dragons.

Breath Weapon (Su): A spellweave dragon’s breath weapon is a cone of concussive missiles. All creatures within the cone take the listed force damage, with no saving throw, as several small missiles of energy strike them. A Shield spell or other effect (other than counterspelling, and SR) that protects against the Magic Missile spell also protects against this effect, although each die of damage counts as 1 missile for a Brooch of Shielding.

Spell Immunity (Su): At each age category a spellweave dragon gains immunity to one spell of the listed level or lower that allows SR (effectively gaining SR Infinite against that one spell). A spellweave dragon retains the immunities obtained during younger age categories as it matures adding immunities until at great wyrm they are immune to 12 spells.

Alternate Form (Su): A spellweave dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Free Metamagic (Su): The listed number of times per day a spellweave dragon may apply the effect of one metamagic feat it has (other than Heighten Spell) to any spell it casts without preparing it that way ahead of time, increasing the spell’s level, or increasing the spell’s casting time.

Absorb Energy (Su): 1/day when an adult or older spellweave dragon would take energy damage (acid, cold, electric, fire, or sonic) it can absorb the energy instead healing 1 hp for every point of energy damage it would have taken from that effect.

Chain Breath (Su): When an ancient or older spellweave dragon uses its breath weapon the darts of energy speed forth outside of the cone after striking the targets within. When a spellweave dragon uses its breath weapon it gets 1 missile dealing 1d4+1 damage for every die of damage its breath weapon deals. These missiles may target any creature within 30-ft of the breath weapon’s area of effect, but may not target creatures hit by the initial breath weapon; any number of these missiles may be targeted at the same creature.

Stop Time (Su): 1/day a great wyrm spellweave dragon may take two rounds of actions.

Spells: A spellweave dragon is able to use both arcane spells (as a sorcerer) or divine spells (as a favored soul). It must choose which type is its primary caster level, and available beginning at the wyrmling age category and which is its secondary caster level (and available beginning at very young). Once made this choice can never be changed.

When a spellweave dragon gains arcane casting it chooses to either cast spells from the sorcerer/wizard spell list or from the wu jen spell list; once made this choice can never be changed.

When a spellweave dragon gains divine casting it chooses to either cast spells from the cleric spell list or from the druid spell list; once made this choice can never be changed.

Spell-like Abilities: At-will: Detect Magic (wyrmling or older), Prestidigitation (very young or older), Dispel Magic (young or older), Teleport (self and 50-lbs of gear only, old or older), Greater Dispel Magic (ancient or older).

Skills: Spellcraft is a class skill for spellweave dragons. Spellweave dragons gain a racial bonus to Knowledge (Arcana), Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device checks equal to their age category and may make all three types of checks untrained.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 11:57 AM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Hmmm. Could you possibly create some sort of dragon that combines divine and arcane magic as their primary "thing"?
    Finished; though I think they might be under CR'd (even compared to dragons).

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    I'd like to see a Hedge Dragon and a Briar Dragon. Both dwell in the spaces between the prime and Faerie that resembles a hedge that changes depending on where direction they head into while the Briar and Hedge Dragon belong to no court and stay neutral unless their territory is entered.
    I'll think on it and see if I get any workable inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegander View Post
    Redwood Dragon is awesome and SOOOO powerful... I love it.
    Thanks, glad you like it. Still worried about the CR being too low, but I don't think it's that much more powerful for its CR than other dragons.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

50 dragons!

As of spellweave.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

And apparently somewhere along the way the Law v Chaos portion of alignment chart lost 1 and a fraction dragons due to rounding errors.

Either way I think we're officially ahead of WotC

Even if you don't count Blackberry.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-11 at 11:18 AM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #385

In honor of this achievement, you should make a celebration dragon.
    Possibly with a mind-altering breath weapon that makes all creatures it his friendly and celebratory.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

What about obscure 3rd party splat books?
    How many "officially published" Dragons not by WotC are there (In books, not forums)?
    How many more do we need to beat that number?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Dragon Magazine (so Paizo kind of WotC) adds another 20ish

Swords and Sorcery had 1 true dragon in its Creature Collection II and maybe more in Creature Collection III

Kingdoms of Kalamar had 2 or 3.

The Dragonlance Bestiary (which while the campaign setting was 2nd party, is apparenntly 3rd party) has another 2 or 3.

There might be more.

I think WotC had 48 (including 2 that are web enhancements; or is it 49 including 3?)

Dragon Compendium + Dragon Magazine adds 21 I think.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-11 at 11:49 AM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Ironrune Dragon
    Construct (Living Construct, Dragonforged)
    Environment: Underground.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 5; very young 7; young 8; juvenile 10; young adult 13; adult 16; mature adult 19; old 21; very old 22; ancient 24; wyrm 25; great wyrm 27
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always lawful good.
    Level Adjustment: Wyrmling +3; very young +4; young +5; juvenile or older -.

Infused with divine essence from the Sleeper himself, Ironrune dragons take the form of powerful dragons made of iron and etched with ancient eldritch runes. They are powerful creatures who rival the greatest of true dragons in their power.

Ironrune dragons dwell deep underground, many lairing in the Underdark itself. There they create havens for the forces of light lost in that uttermost darkness, forging great citadels of living steel. They see it as their role to be a force of good where evil holds sway, as their spiritual father was a force of light who opposed Tiamat in the moment that would have been her greatest triumph.

Their bodies are charged with primal magic from the early days of dragonkind and they act as living conduits of magical power able to harness it with greater celerity than their kin, and even redirect spells targeting them. Those drow who have encountered these rare creatures call them The Iron Death for that is what they bring to evil creatures which dare trespass into their fortresses.

Physically they appear to be dragons made of living iron, with eldritch runes covering their bodies. Their mighty heads have a pair of powerful looking backward facing horns, and a series of tiny horns that run from nose to brow. Their mouths are filled with teeth like daggers, and their claws are steel blades like the finest swords men can forge.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 8d10+16 (45 hp) 17 10 15 12 13 12 6/9 9 8 2 7 2d10 16 -
    Very Young L 11d10+22 (82 hp) 21 10 15 14 15 14 8/17 12 9 3 9 4d10 17 -
    Young L 14d10+42 (119 hp) 25 10 17 14 15 14 10/21 16 12 4 11 6d10 20 -
    Juvenile L 17d10+68 (161 hp) 29 10 19 16 17 16 12/25 20 14 5 13 8d10 22 -
    Young Adult H 20d10+80 (190 hp) 31 10 19 16 17 16 15/33 23 16 6 15 10d10 24 23
    Adult H 23d10+115 (241 hp) 33 10 21 18 19 18 17/36 26 18 7 17 12d10 26 25
    Mature Adult H 26d10+156 (299 hp) 35 10 23 20 21 20 19/39 29 21 8 20 14d10 29 28
    Old G 29d10+203 (362 hp) 39 10 25 22 23 22 21/46 30 23 9 22 16d10 31 30
    Very Old G 32d10+256 (432 hp) 41 10 27 22 23 22 24/50 34 26 10 24 18d10 34 32
    Ancient G 35d10+315 (507 hp) 43 10 29 24 25 24 26/53 37 28 11 26 20d10 36 34
    Wyrm G 38d10+342 (551 hp) 45 10 29 26 27 26 28/57 41 30 12 29 22d10 38 37
    Great Wyrm C 41d10+410 (635 hp) 49 10 31 28 29 28 30/65 41 32 13 31 24d10 40 39

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Infusions Spells
    Wyrmling 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 17 (+7 natural) Force Immunity, Light Fortification - - -
    Very Young 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 19 (-1 size, +10 natural) - - - -
    Young 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 22 (-1 size, +13 natural) Immunity to Stunning, Death effects, and Necromantic effects - 1st -
    Juvenile 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) Moderate Fortification - 3rd -
    Young Adult 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 27 (-2 size, +19 natural) DR 5/magic and adamantine 21 5th 1st
    Adult 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) Automatic Quicken 23 7th 3rd
    Mature Adult 50-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) DR 10/magic and adamantine 24 9th 5th
    Old 50-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 34 (-4 size, +28 natural) Immunity to all mind-affecting effects, Heavy Fortification 25 11th 7th
    Very Old 50-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 37 (-4 size, +31 natural) DR 15/magic and adamantine 27 13th 9th
    Ancient 50-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) Redirect Spell 29 15th 11th
    Wyrm 50-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) DR 20/magic and adamantine 31 17th 13th
    Great Wyrm 50-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-8 size, +40 natural) Summon Golem 33 19th 15th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): An ironrune dragon has a single breath weapon a cone of force dealing the listed damage (Reflex halves).

Automatic Quicken Spell (Su): An adult or older Ironrune dragon may use any lv 3 or lower arcane spell or infusion with a standard action casting time as a swift action 1/round without increasing its level.

Redirect Spell (Su): When an ancient or older ironrune dragon becomes targeted by a spell it may make an Int or Cha check versus the caster’s casting stat. On a success the spell is redirected to target the caster instead. This ability functions against rays, and ranged touch spells as well as touch spell effects.

Summon Golem (Su): a great wyrm ironrune dragon may, 1/day, as a standard action summon 1 mithril golem (ELH), 2 prismatic golems (MMIII), or 1d4+1 Iron Golems or Greater Stone Golems. These golems obey the dragon’s commands faithfully and remain for 12 rounds before vanishing.

Skills: Craft is always a class skill for ironrune dragons and they gain a racial bonus to craft checks equal to twice their age category.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-09-22 at 05:17 PM.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #389
    Banned

...and it was glorious!

30. - Top - End - #390

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    In honor of this achievement, you should make a celebration dragon.
    Possibly with a mind-altering breath weapon that makes all creatures it his friendly and celebratory.
    I like this idea actually. Call it a Bacchus Dragon and give it the ability to greate Fine Food/Wine 3/day or something similar.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)