New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Weaver Dragon:
    Dragon
    Environment: Any urban or underground
    Organization: Solitary, or pair.
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always Evil (usually Neutral Evil).

After malison dragons I didn’t expect to have to offer you another warning, but while exploring the Underdark (I was looking for deep dragon eggs) I encountered a creature who was terrifying for completely different reasons. I was attacked by a mixed group of drows, umber hulks, and mind flayers. I barely managed to defeat them and from that point on was harried, not given the time to sleep and regain my spells, for days until I was finally captured. They took me to their city of Me’zzac, and brought me before their king in chains. They were ruled by a single dragon. Physically it was imposing, easily larger than an elephant but worse I sensed a keen mind behind its serpentine gaze.
    I spent three weeks as a captive, enduring painful interrogation, and battling wits with my draconic captor. In the end I escaped, but I have since begun my investigation on this heretofore unknown breed of dragon and I have found no information whatsoever. The only lead I did have, a book a monk told me was in his home monastery was destroyed in a fire moments after I teleported to the location. I believe that they are actively suppressing this information and destroying all records of their existence.
    The dragon itself was black scaled, with great yellow eyes. Its head had a series of four horns that spiraled together to form a mere two horns. Its wings were long and splendid, the membrane being shining silver in color. Their tail is less flexible than that of most dragons having fewer, but longer, bones in it. In fact even though I initially thought I had slain it, I now suspect that the creature only feigned death to escape and it still somehow watching me. Divination seems to be useless in this battle.
    It would seem to have been powerful enough to inspire mind flayers and drow to work together, and an able enough schemer to have kept both races in check; something I rather doubt raw power alone is enough to do. From what I can tell Me'zzac was once a powerful drow city, but now no one dared approach it.
    --Zasper the Dragon Sage

*Editor’s Note: If they’re destroying all records of them why give me this? I don’t want scary dragons eating me.

I went to the city of Me’zzac. I found no city, or even ruins there. The entire area had been destroyed by some great force leaving only a crater within the underdark. Afterwards I fled lest whosoever wielded this power of destruction should return.
    --Commander Ys Irongold, warforged mercenary.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 4d12+4 (30 hp) 13 10 13 16 15 16 4/1 6 5 4 6 2d6 (DC 13) 15
    Very Young M 7d12+14 (59 hp) 15 10 15 18 17 18 7/9 9 7 5 8 4d6 (DC 15) 17
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 17 10 15 18 17 18 10/13 13 9 7 10 6d6 (DC 17) 19
    Juvenile L 13d12+39 (123 hp) 21 10 17 20 19 20 13/22 17 11 8 12 8d6 (DC 19) 21
    Young Adult L 16d12+64 (168 hp) 23 10 19 22 21 22 16/26 21 14 10 15 10d6 (DC 22) 24
    Adult H 19d12+76 (199 hp) 27 10 19 22 21 22 19/35 25 15 11 16 12d6 (DC 23) 25
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (256 hp) 29 10 21 24 23 24 22/39 29 18 13 19 14d6 (DC 26) 28
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 31 10 21 26 25 26 25/43 33 19 14 21 16d6 (DC 27) 30
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 33 10 23 28 27 28 28/47 37 22 16 24 18d6 (DC 30) 33
    Ancient G 31d12+186 (387 hp) 37 10 23 30 29 30 31/56 40 23 17 26 20d6 (DC 31) 35
    Wyrm G 34d12+238 (459 hp 39 10 25 32 31 32 34/60 44 26 19 29 22d6 (DC 34) 38
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (537 hp) 41 10 27 34 33 34 37/64 48 28 20 31 24d6 (DC 36) 40

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), 20-ft burrow +0 14 (+1 size, +3 natural) Immunity to Acid, Unforeseen -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), 20-ft burrow +0 16 (+6 natural) Telepathy 300-ft -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (average), 20-ft burrow +0 19 (+9 natural) Alternate Form 1st
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), 20-ft burrow +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) Possession, Charm Monster 1st
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), 20-ft burrow +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) DR 5/magic 3rd
    Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), 20-ft burrow +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) Telepathy 3000-ft, Eyes of the Snake 5th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), 20-ft burrow +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) DR 10/magic 7th
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), 20-ft burrow +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) Mindcrusher's Aura 9th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor), 20-ft burrow +0 35 (-2 size, +27 natural) DR 15/magic 11th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), 20-ft burrow +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) Permanent Image, Telepathy 3 miles 13th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), 20-ft burrow +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) DR 20/magic 15th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 250-ft (clumsy), 20-ft burrow +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) Dominate Monster, Mind's Webs, Telepathy (Global) 17th

Special Abilities:
    Breath Weapon (Su): A weaver dragon has a single breath weapon, a cone of acid dealing the listed damage (a successful reflex save halves this damage).

Unforeseen (Su): A weaver dragon ignores all insight bonuses, both those it would gain and those granted to its opponents. Any attack roll, caster level check, opposed roll, or skill check made against a weaver dragon loses any insight bonuses to the roll, and any insight bonus to AC doesn’t apply against a weaver dragon’s attacks, nor insight bonuses to saves against its breath weapon, spells, or other abilities. In addition a weaver dragon’s actions cannot be foreseen by mortal magic and its future actions are treated by spells that see the future as not happening. A weaver dragon also ignores the Foresight spell.

As a side effect a weaver dragon cannot use oracular spells to tell its own future either as they do not exist according to such magic.

Alternate Form (Su): A young or older weaver dragon can assume any animal, humanoid, or vermin form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action three times per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself at its caster level, except that the dragon does not regain hit points for changing form and can only assume the form of an animal or humanoid. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Spellcasting: A young or older weaver dragon casts spells as a beguiler of the listed level.

Possession (Su): A juvenile or older weaver dragon may implant its psyche into a willing creature. This requires 1 full minute and may only be done 1/day and it may only possess one creature in this fashion at a time. The weaver dragon’s telepathy functions with the possessed creature over an infinite distance and it may, at any time, attempt to control the creature (as if through a Dominate effect) forcing the creature to make a Will save (same DC as Frightufl Presence) or be controlled for 1 hour. On a successful save the link is broken and the possession ended. A weaver dragon has access to all its possessed host’s senses and any thoughts that the host should think while possessed. A weave dragon may end the link at any time as a standard action on its part.
    This possessed creature gains a +4 morale bonus to Str, Dex, and Con, and a +8 moral bonus to Int, Wis, and Cha although this increase may never improve the possessed creature’s Int, Wis, or Cha to a point where its Int, Wis, or Cha is equal to or higher than the weaver dragon’s and if the creature’s Int, Wis, or Cha is higher this bonus is reduced to where it is low enough that the possessed creature’s Int/Wis/Cha is lower than the weaver dragon’s or the bonus is a +0 (whichever is higher).
    In addition the possessed creature may make all Will saves, spot/listen checks, and sense motive checks twice and take the better result. The possessed creature is also immune to sleep, paralysis and Hold effects as well as the frightful presence of dragons.
    The weaver dragon may allow the possessed creature to cast any spell that the weaver dragon has access to using the weaver dragon’s caster level, although this expends the weaver dragon’s spell slot as if it had cast the spell itself. The possessed creature may also use the weaver dragon’s spell-like abilities, mindwebs (although the weaver dragon is still the one who can observe through the webs), eyes of the snake, and mindcrusher aura abilities, although it does not gain any immunity or protection from the mindcrusher aura.
    Possession does have its costs for the weaver dragon leaving its defenses weakened while it is in the other creature’s body. It suffers a -4 to Will saves and Initiative, a -4 to Dex, and a -8 to Spot and Listen checks while possessing a body. In addition it loses blindsense for the duration.

Eyes of the Snake (Su): As a standard action an adult or older weaver dragon may look into the eyes of one creature. That creature must make a Will save (DC is the same as the dragon’s frightful presence ability) or be charmed for 1 minute per age category of the dragon. A creature which successfully saves against this ability may not be targeted with it for another 5 rounds.

Mindcrusher’s Aura (Su): An old or older weaver dragon produces an aura which devastates the weak minded. Any creature with an Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma score of 15 or less within 60-ft of an old or older weaver dragon takes 1d4 Intelligence damage, 1d4 Wisdom damage, and 1d4 Charisma damage each round.

Mindwebs (Su): A great wyrm weaver dragon may as a swift action create up to 12 “mind webs”. Each web connects it with another creature allowing the weaver dragon to see through that creature’s eyes, hear what that creature hears, and access all other senses of that creature as well as allow the dragon to read that creature’s thoughts as per the spell Brain Spider although it may not make suggestions. A weaver dragon may only make webs with creatures within 10-ft per age category and can only have a number of webs equal to its age category at a time. There is no saving throw to resist the web, nor any limit on what range over which it will work (including interplanar*), although it can be detected by Arcane Sight or True Seeing. A mind web cannot be observed through the use of Detect Magic. A Remove Curse spell can be used to remove the mind web.

*If Spelljammer is used a weaver dragon’s mind webs do not function while either it or the target are in the Phlogiston, but resume activity once they are no longer in the Rainbow Sea.

Spell-like Abilities (Sp): 3/day: Charm Monster (juvenile), Permanent Image (ancient); 1/day: Dominate Monster (great wyrm).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 07:06 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

I think you misplaced the Constitution column.

EDIT: What I mean is, the dexterity score is in the Constitution column, and the Constitution score is in the dexterity column.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-01-19 at 05:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, more like the Strength column disappeared and all the data hopped over one.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks

Should be fixed now and I counted all the dragons (okay I used the computer to do so) and then had to fix the alignment table because it was completely wacky.

Law is the plurality, and Neutral/Chaotic dragons outnumber lawful ones by 1.
    Evil is relatively lower and Good/Neutral dragons outnumber evil ones by 10.
    Of course Lawful ones outnumber Neutral ones by 17, and Chaotic ones by 21 and Evil ones outnumber Good ones by 6.5, and neutrals by 18.

Well I'll glance over the standing requests, and/or take new ones that interest me. If there's any old requests that didn't make it to the to do list and people still want them let me know.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Halfling in the Playground

I just have to say, after reading all 21 pages of this I am astounded.

Incredible dragons! I've got an idea as well. Glacial/fjord dragons.
    Lurker Extraordinaire

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a minor spelling nitpick, within the fluff. You seem to frequently repeat it throughout Zasper's writings, and possibly other places. Since you are using a 'proper' word that gets past spell checker, but not the write one, I don't blame you for missing it.
    "Sense" instead of "Since".
    The former refers to touch, taste, sight, ect, while the latter means 'afterwards', or 'following that event', or other similar things.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    I have a minor spelling nitpick, within the fluff. You seem to frequently repeat it throughout Zasper's writings, and possibly other places. Since you are using a 'proper' word that gets past spell checker, but not the write one, I don't blame you for missing it.
    "Sense" instead of "Since".
    The former refers to touch, taste, sight, ect, while the latter means 'afterwards', or 'following that event', or other similar things.

It's even more embarrassing since I used sense properly in the same fluff. I'll admit I've had trouble with homophones since I was a kid and writing on the computer has actually made it worse as I'm so used to spell check telling me when I do make mistakes. Time to make some edits to at least the dragons on this page.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Bah, it's not much of a problem. A minor one. a nuisance, like a mosquito bite . Nothing to get all in arms about.
    Yes, fixing it WILL help avoid headaches, but they won't be like someone smashing you over the head with a hammer.
    Still though, they are there, and we do understand.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

The weaver dragon's possession covers an infinite distance but I think you should state that the possessed creature has to be on the same plane of existence as the dragon.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2011-01-22 at 08:27 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Glacier Dragon:
    Dragon (Air, Cold)
    Environment: Cold Mountains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Rating:
    Alignment: Always Chaotic (any).

4th of Airys, 12th year of the reign of King Alsbret the Eternal

I’ve been lost in the Caskan Mountains for nearly two weeks now. Winter is approaching, as if the eternal frost of these god forsaken mountains wasn’t enough in what passes for autumn here. I saw a silver dragon today, a magnificent being who I hoped could save me. I scrambled towards it as fast as my cold body could move, calling out. It heard me, for it looked towards me, but it was to no avail. Something attacked it.
    At first I couldn’t see what, but as blood splattered on its form I could make it out. The creature was a cloudy white like thick ice. The two dragons fought, ice against ice, but the silver dragon fell victim to its assailant and like a coward I hid myself.

I’m out of food, and almost out of firewood. I won’t last another three days. Gods please help me.

6th of Airys, 12th year of the reign of King Alsbret the Eternal

I blacked out. I thought I was dead. I would be dead now had I not been saved. A great dragon, white and gray like ice, had save me. At first I thought it was the same dragon that had slain the silver drake, and was very frightened. I have since come to learn that while they are the same species they vary greatly on ideological grounds. I suspect that this is a lie, everyone knows the gods made but ten breeds of dragon and for the safety of the lesser races they color coded these dragons so that a single glance could show you which were good and which evil.

Even so I have, for now, no choice but to trust my savior even though I fear that it plans some evil if not to use me to commit some evil.

12th of Airys, 12th year of the reign of King Alsbret the Eternal

I have only now left the abode of my draconic savior and, after a quick ride through the blizzard that rages across the mountain tops, am now once more in the low lands. I have yet to discover what plot the dragon was up to. Perhaps it was telling the truth when it claimed not to be one of those predatory and savage white dragons. Could there actually be more than ten types of dragons?

Despite what the journal of the famed warblade Ilyon of Greymarsh may indicate, there seems to be well over ten types of dragons, probably more than a hundred breeds in fact. Glacier dragons are a breed found in frozen mountains. They are among the more morally flexible dragons running the gamut from heroic freedom fighters to murderous sociopaths; even so they do have a common tendency towards independence and a hatred of being controlled and manipulated.

Glacier dragons are broad dragons with relatively short limbs, as well as relatively short length in general. Their eyes are a dull yellow-brown at birth, becoming a brighter yellow as they age. Their scales are a bright white at birth but as they age the coloration becomes dimmer and grey begins to be intermixed looking in the end like the icy surface of frozen water.

Glacier dragons are in many ways similar to white dragons. Both have similar colors (especially when newly born), similar habitats, and often similar habits as solitary predators. Even their breath weapons are similar, with only a difference in the sheer intensity. Even so the differences are quite noticeable to dragon hunters. Glacier dragons are bigger, and physically stronger than a white of the same age. They are smarter, when young their intelligence is comparable to a red’s of the same age though they do not gain intellect as swiftly. They have more powerful magic, albeit only slightly. Their senses are keener, able to track creatures by scent or even detect their footsteps. They also have several powers that channel the most brutal and fierce parts of the nature of frozen regions, as opposed to white dragon’s fog based abilities.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 6d12+12 (51 hp) 17 10 15 10 11 10 6/13 9 7 5 5 2d10 (15) (-)
    Very Young L 9d12+18 (76 hp) 21 10 15 10 11 10 9/22 13 8 6 6 4d10 (16) (-)
    Young L 12d12+36 (114 hp) 23 10 17 12 13 12 12/26 17 11 8 9 6d10 (19) (-)
    Juvenile L 15d12+45 (142 hp) 25 10 17 12 13 12 16/30 21 12 9 10 8d10 (20) (-)
    Young Adult H 18d12+76 (193 hp) 27 10 19 14 15 14 18/38 24 15 11 13 10d10 (23) 21
    Adult H 21d12+105 (241 hp) 29 10 21 16 17 16 21/42 28 17 12 15 12d10 (25) 23
    Mature Adult H 24d12+144 (310 hp) 31 10 23 16 17 16 24/46 32 20 14 17 14d10 (28) 25
    Old H 27d12+189 (314 hp) 33 10 25 18 19 18 27/50 36 22 15 19 16d10 (30) 27
    Very Old G 30d12+210 (405 hp) 37 10 25 18 19 18 30/59 39 24 17 21 18d10 (32) 29
    Ancient G 33d12+264 (478 hp) 39 10 27 20 21 20 33/63 43 26 18 23 20d10 (34) 31
    Wyrm G 36d12+324 (558 hp) 41 10 29 22 23 22 36/67 47 29 20 26 22d10 (37) 34
    Great Wyrm C 39d12+351 (604 hp) 45 10 29 22 23 22 39/76 48 30 21 27 24d10 (38) 35

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 15 (+5 natural) - Fire Vulnerability, Immunity to Cold, Icewalking -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 17 (-1 size, +8 natural) - Scent -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 20 (-1 size, +11 natural) - Tremorsense 60-ft 1st
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 23 (-1 size, +14 natural) - Control Temperature 3rd
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 25 (-2 size, +17 natural) 18 DR 5/magic 1st
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 28 (-2 size, +20 natural) 20 Call Avalanche 3rd
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 31 (-2 size, +23 natural) 22 DR 10/magic 5th
    Old 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), burrow 20-ft +0 34 (-2 size, +26 natural) 23 Frigid Bite 7th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 35 (-4 size, +29 natural) 25 DR 15/magic 9th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 38 (-4 size, +32 natural) 27 Frostfell 11th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 41 (-4 size, +35 natural) 29 DR 20/magic 13th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), burrow 20-ft +0 40 (-8 size, +38 natural) 31 Iceberg 15th

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A glacier dragon has a single breath weapon, a cone of cold dealing the listed damage (Reflex save halves).

Icewalking (Ex): As the spider climb spell, but the surfaces the dragon climbs must be icy; always in effect.

Spells: A glacier dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level. They may also select spells from the Air, Cavern, Cold, and Dragon domains as arcane spells.

Frigid Bite (Su): An old or older glacier dragon’s fangs radiate supernatural cold. This cold has the effect of freezing the life of those the dragon bites dealing 2 Dex damage to any creature bit by the glacier dragon. If this Dex damage should reduce the creature’s Dexterity to 0 the creature instantly dies, completely frozen from the inside out. A creature immune to cold damage is immune to this effect.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Control Temperature (juvenile or older), Iceberg (great wyrm); 1/day: Call Avalanche (Adult or older), Frostfell (ancient or older). All spells are from Frostburn.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-01 at 01:30 AM.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Finished glacier dragon. Not my proudest work, I used more SLAs than I'm used to and it really feels mostly like an upgraded white dragon.

Bah, it's not much of a problem. A minor one. a nuisance, like a mosquito bite . Nothing to get all in arms about.
    Yes, fixing it WILL help avoid headaches, but they won't be like someone smashing you over the head with a hammer.
    Still though, they are there, and we do understand.
    Yeah, but I still sometimes want to be a real writer so I do need to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    The weaver dragon's possession covers an infinite distance but I think you should state that the possessed creature has to be on the same plane of existence as the dragon.

Debby
    I was debating that. Honestly I'd like to get The-Mage-King's opinion because it was at least trying to fulfill his request.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I was debating that. Honestly I'd like to get The-Mage-King's opinion because it was at least trying to fulfill his request.
    Oh, sorry for not popping in yet. It looks great. It should do the trick...
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

What's the count of dragons at now?
    80?

It's really time for a thread title change.

The title advertises 60% of what your signature advertises, and only 37.5% of the total. And the signature is only advertising 62.5% of the total. Considering that leaves exactly (100-62.5=) 37.5% of the dragons unadvertised, period, and the thread's title leaves 62.5% unadvertised, and 40% of the signature unadvertised.......

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

What's the count of dragons at now?
    80?

It's really time for a thread title change.

The title advertises 60% of what your signature advertises, and only 37.5% of the total. And the signature is only advertising 62.5% of the total. Considering that leaves exactly (100-62.5=) 37.5% of the dragons unadvertised, period, and the thread's title leaves 62.5% unadvertised, and 40% of the signature unadvertised.......
    I know I've changed this threads title before, but I can't remember how to do it. I thought it was just change the title of the original post but I changed that some time ago and it didn't change the thread title. My sig should be updated at this point.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

I know I've changed this threads title before, but I can't remember how to do it. I thought it was just change the title of the original post but I changed that some time ago and it didn't change the thread title. My sig should be updated at this point.
    When you first enter the homebrew forums, just click the empty space right next to the thread name.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #616
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    When you first enter the homebrew forums, just click the empty space right next to the thread name.
    To be precise; I just found that if you double-click in the space next to the title of a thread, that you have created, you can change it as you would any other text.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    To be precise; I just found that if you double-click in the space next to the title of a thread, that you have created, you can change it as you would any other text.
    Oh, sorry, I just thought that went without saying.

Once again, I'm glad to see you are back Zaydos. Its good to hear you are fine. I just felt worried after your last comment, so I thought I should ask.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-01-22 at 03:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

In regard to the Glacial dragon's Frigid Bite: Being at Dex 0 doesn't normally kill you, it just renders you immobile (can't move at all). Being at Con 0 will kill you. I think it would slow you like the spell and also cause Con damage as you are slowly freezing to death.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

19. - Top - End - #619

Do we have a Plasma Dragon yet?
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

20. - Top - End - #620

More Dragons??????
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    More Dragons??????
    Sorry I've been distracted with starting campaigns and trying to stat out phyrexians and slivers... and I shouldn't mix those with dragons or my players will kill me very quickly.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

So don't give them too your players, give them to us! We, of course, won't kill you. We might get killed ourselves for using them, but what the hey, that mixture sounds rather awesome!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragons played a very influential part of that whole mess. Granted, it was very nearly the wrong part, but they were there. XP

Also, this intrigues me and I have the urge to know of such homebrew. >.>
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Added more half-dragons to post #248. If anyone wants me to make a specific half-dragon just ask.

Hopefully I'll feel the stirring that leads to dragon creation soon; I just haven't had inspiration for dragons. I have posted slivers... then found out the Demented_One already had much earlier, and probably done a better job... I still intend to make my own (which means I must now resist the temptation to read his).

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you possibly make the Lepidodendron Half-Dragons?

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

Could you possibly make the Lepidodendron Half-Dragons?
    Updated the aforementioned post #248 to include it (I almost wanted to give it swim speed but I think I gave it enough to make up for breath weapon as is). If people think it's unwieldy to read, just tell me and I'll start a new one for Even More Half-Dragons.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome, I like it. By the way, I think the Breath Weapon DC/Damage needs to be fixed for the Lepidodendrons. Currently, its just a number (which I assume is the Reflex DC? I'm not exactly sure what it is)
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-02-13 at 01:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

Awesome, I like it. By the way, I think the Breath Weapon DC/Damage needs to be fixed for the Lepidodendrons. Currently, its just a number (which I assume is the Reflex DC? I'm not exactly sure what it is)
    Their breath weapon is a ranged touch that deals the listed damage with no damage roll or saving throw. It just deals 6 damage per age category with a ranged touch. Kind of weak for a breath weapon, but it doesn't provoke AoOs for using it in melee and it may full-attack sans bite and breathe in the same round.

Also if you're wondering why I still haven't updated the name of the thread it's because I couldn't get it to let me.

Edit: Because the name is too long and is bigger than the area in which you can click to change the name...
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-02-13 at 01:49 PM.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Their breath weapon is a ranged touch that deals the listed damage with no damage roll or saving throw. It just deals 6 damage per age category with a ranged touch. Kind of weak for a breath weapon, but it doesn't provoke AoOs for using it in melee and it may full-attack sans bite and breathe in the same round.

Also if you're wondering why I still haven't updated the name of the thread it's because I couldn't get it to let me.

Edit: Because the name is too long and is bigger than the area in which you can click to change the name...
    Oh, should've read more carefully.

I have the same problem with the Dino thread. It sucks, really.

EDIT: How about a Gorgonid Half-Dragon?
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-02-13 at 02:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Plasma Dragon:
    Dragon (Fire, Air)
    Environment: Warm mountains; Wildspace
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (2-5)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 2, Very Young 4, Young 6, Juvenile 9, Young Adult 11, Adult 14, Mature Adult 16, Old 19, Very Old 21, Ancient 23, Wyrm 26, Great Wyrm 27
    Alignment: Always Chaotic.

Fire that burns hottest
    The wyrm that shone with power
    It comes once again

---Unknown sage.

Plasma dragons are powerful dragons despite their physical frailties. They are capable of flames that burn through any magical defense and can even strike and harm creatures which are made from fire and naught else. They are beings of air and fire, an equal mix of each energy. Not only do they have the ability to channel breath of such heat and power that it cannot be fully resisted* but they are also powerful mages in their own right.

These dragons vary in nature, but share certain common traits. They love their personal freedom and have a tendency towards fickleness. They, like almost all dragons, have a love for gold and other valuable and shiny objects. They also have intense curiosity, whether this manifests in the form of taking creatures apart like a child playing with ants, or hoarding a library that puts mortal ones to shame is not a constant amongst the species.

Great wyrms of the species, as well as some younger members, can sometimes be found dwelling around or near the fiery suns of crystal spheres basking in their warmth. A plasma dragon encountered in the Flow, though, is even more terrifying as the Rainbow Sea will turn their breath into an even deadlier explosive weapon.

*Zapser informs me that Iron Golems are able to not only fully resist their breath weapon but they may suffer slowing from the electricity within it.

Plasma Dragon
    Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 3d12+3 (22 hp) 10 10 13 14 15 16 3/-5 5 4 3 5 3d12 12 -
    Very Young S 6d12+12 (51 hp) 13 10 15 14 15 16 6/3 8 7 5 7 6d12 15 -
    Young S 9d12+18 (76 hp) 13 10 15 16 17 18 9/6 12 8 6 9 9d12 16 -
    Juvenile M 12d12+36 (114 hp) 15 10 17 18 19 20 12/14 15 11 8 12 12d12 19 -
    Young Adult M 15d12+60 (157 hp) 17 10 19 18 19 20 15/18 19 13 9 13 15d12 21 22
    Adult L 18d12+76 (193 hp) 19 10 19 20 21 22 18/26 21 15 11 16 18d12 23 25
    Mature Adult L 21d12+105 (241 hp) 21 10 21 22 23 24 21/30 25 17 12 18 21d12 25 27
    Old L 24d12+120 (276 hp) 23 10 21 22 23 24 24/34 29 19 14 20 24d12 27 29
    Very Old H 27d12+138 (287 hp) 27 10 23 22 23 24 27/43 33 21 15 21 27d12 29 30
    Ancient H 30d12+180 (375 hp) 29 10 23 24 25 26 30/47 37 23 17 24 30d12 31 33
    Wyrm H 33d12+231 (445 hp) 31 10 25 24 25 26 33/51 41 25 18 25 33d12 33 34
    Great Wyrm G 36d12+288 (522 hp) 33 10 27 26 27 28 37/59 43 28 20 28 39d12 36 37

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Spells
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 14 (+2 size, +2 natural) - Immunity to Fire, Cold Vulnerability, Electricity Vulnerability -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 16 (+1 size, +5 natural) - 1st
    Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 19 (+1 size, +8 natural) - Rebuke Fire Creatures 3rd
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 (+11 natural) - No Electricity Vulnerability 5th
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 24 (+14 natural) 16 DR 5/magic 7th
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 26 (-1 size, +17 natural) 18 Starborn, Electricity Resistance 10 9th
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 29 (-1 size, +20 natural) 20 DR 10/magic 11th
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 32 (-1 size, +23 natural) 21 Electricity Resistance 30 13th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 34 (-2 size, +26 natural) 23 DR 15/magic 15th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 37 (-2 size, +29 natural) 24 Electricity Immunity 17th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 40 (-2 size, +32 natural) 25 DR 20/magic 19th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 41 (-4 size, +35 natural) 27 Starfarer 21st

Breath Weapon (Su): A plasma dragon has a single breath weapon a line of plasma dealing half fire damage and half electricity damage (damage listed above) with a Reflex save (listed above) for half. This breath weapon ignores fire resistance and any magically granted fire immunity, and deals half damage to creatures naturally immune to fire; electricity resistance and immunity still apply normally against the electric portion of this attack.

Spellcasting: A very young or older plasma dragon casts spells as a sorcerer of the listed level.

Rebuke Fire Creatures (Su): A young or older plasma dragon can rebuke/command creatures with the fire subtype as an evil cleric rebukes/commands undead. They may use this ability 1/day per age category.

Starborn (Ex): An adult or older plasma dragon no longer needs to breathe and can go 1 day/age category without water and 1 week/age category without food.

Starfarer (Su): A great wyrm plasma dragon may, when outside of the gravity of any other object/creature and meeting all the other normal conditions on flying at spelljamming speeds, fly at spelljamming speeds.

Skills: Craft, Gather Information, and Spellcraft are class skills for plasma dragons.

Half-Plasma Dragon: A half-plasma dragon has fire immunity. Their breath weapon is a line which deals 50% fire damage and 50% electricity damage.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-31 at 12:47 PM.

Current Projects: