New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Well there is president for you to choose Living-Construct to stat out a true dragon. just take a look at the Meta-dragons.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

4th Edition Victory Dragon

My first attempt at making a 4e monster... how'd I do? Also how can I improve the formatting? I don't know what the standard way of marking melee, ranged, and burst/blast on homebrew is, or recharge numbers.

Young Victory Dragon Level 4 Solo Soldier (Leader)
    Large natural magical beast (dragon) ; XP 875
    Initiative +6; Senses Perception +7, Darkvision
    HP 224; Bloodied 112, see also bloodied breath
    AC 23; Fort 19; Ref 16; Will 20
    Resist 15 sonic
    Saving Throws +5
    Speed 6, fly 8 (clumsy), overland flight 10
    Action Points 2
    Mb Bite: Standard, at-will * Sonic
    Reach 2; +12 vs AC; 1d10+4 and 1d8 sonic damage (another 1d8 sonic damage if they make an attack that does not include the Victory Dragon before the start of the Victory Dragon’s next turn).
    Mb Claw: Standard, at-will
    Reach 2; +12 vs AC; 1d10+4
    M Double Attack: Standard, at-will
    The dragon makes two claw attacks.
    M Tail Strike: Immediate reaction if an adjacent enemy makes an attack that either misses the victory dragon or does not include it; at-will
    Triggering enemy; +8 vs Ref; 1d4+3 and the target is knocked prone
    B Breath Weapon: standard, recharge 5/6 * Sonic
    Close Blast 5; +8 vs Ref; 3d6+4 and the target is deafened (save ends); Miss: half damage
    B Bloodied Breath: free, when first bloodied, encounter
    The dragon’s breath instantly recharges and the young victory dragon uses it.
    B Frightful Presence: standard, encounter * Fear
    Close Burst 5; targets enemies; +6 vs Will; the target is stunned until the end of the dragon’s next turn. Aftereffect the target takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls (save ends).
    B Inspirational Roar: minor, recharge 5/6
    Close Burst 5; targets allies; the target gains a +2 power bonus to attack and damage until the end of the dragon’s next turn.
    Alignment: Good; Languages: Common, Draconic
    Skills: Diplomacy +11, Insight +7, Intimidate +11
    Str 18 (+6) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 10 (+2)
    Con 16 (+5) Int 10 (+2) Cha 18 (+6)
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Victory Dragon 2e
    Environment: Temperate, sub-tropical, and tropical plains and hills.
    Frequency: Very rare
    Organization: Solitary or Clan
    Activity Cycle: Any
    Diet: Special
    Intelligence: High (13-14)
    Treasure: Special
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    No. Appearing: 1 (2-5)
    Armor Class: -2 (base)
    Movement: 12, FL 30 ( C), Jp 3
    Hit Dice: 13 (base)
    THAC0: 9
    No. of Attacks: 3+ Special
    Damage/Attack: 1-6//1-6/3-24 (3d8)
    Special Attacks: Special
    Special Defenses Variable
    Magic Resistance: Variable
    Size G (39’ base)
    Morale: Fearless (19-20)
    XP Value: Variable

Victory dragons are a rare breed of dragon. Legends tell about how, in the dawn of time, they fought alongside mankind against eldritch horrors from beyond reality. Their mighty songs inspired the greatest heroes to battle and victory against these abominations. This threat to reality gone, the victory dragons returned to the mystic lands from which they came, or so the legends go.

Victory dragons have scales of a red-gold color and a single great frill that rises above their head further than the height of their skull and runs down their backs. Their wings are a deeper red, closer in coloration to brass. They have a single small horn above each nostril, and small frills around their ears. Small bony-spurs rise up their forelimbs and their tails are long and sinuous.

Victory dragons speak their own language and a language common to all good dragons, and 17% of hatchling victory dragons have an ability to communicate with any intelligent creature. The chance to possess this ability increases to 5% per age category of the dragon.

Combat: Victory dragons are prone to headlong rushes and direct confrontation. If allies stand beside them then they will seek to serve as an inspiration to their fellow warriors fighting on the front line with claw and fang.

Breath weapon/special abilities: A victory dragon's breath is either a cone of uplifting energy 60' long, 5’ wide at the dragon’s mouth and 20' wide at the end of the cone, or a concentrated beam of high pitched sound 90' long and 5' wide. Creatures caught in the gas may immediately re-roll a failed save against fear, paralysis, or effects that nauseate like a troglodyte’s stench. Creatures caught in the beam of sound take damage, save vs. breath weapon for half. A victory dragon cannot cast spells but uses its magical abilities at 8th level plus its combat modifier.

At birth, victory dragons can use music to inspire allies as a bard and are immune to sound based attacks and all forms of fear. As they age, they gain the following additional powers:

Young: bless three times a day. Juvenile: roar three times a day, this gives all enemies within 120’ of them a -2 to attacks, damage, and saves for 1 round + 1 round per age category of the dragon, a successful save versus fear causes this penalty to only last 1 round; immunity to fear and any special bonuses against fear apply against this effect. Adult: produce an aura of courage granting allies within 60’ a +4 on saves versus fear and immunity to the frightful presence of dragons. Old: 1/day perform a more powerful roar which deals damage as per the dragon’s breath weapon against all evil aligned planar creatures, illithids, beholders, and similar creatures as well as stunning them for 1d4+1 rounds, and deals ½ the damage of its breath weapon to all other creatures and stuns them for 1 round; a successful save versus paralyzation negates the stunning effect and halves the damage. Ancient: 3 times per day may enter a berserk rage lasting 5 rounds; while in this rage they gain a +2 to attack rolls and damage but a -2 to their AC (increasing it by 2). Great wyrm: their speed increases to 18’ fly 40’ (C ). A victory dragon can jump 30 yards forward or sideways, reaching heights up to 20' at mid jump. They can jump 30' straight up.
    Habitat/Society: Victory dragons can most often be found on the plane of Ysgard, but on the Prime they like warm plains and hills in which there is little cover, preferring open terrain for hunting and battle. They are known to lair in copses of trees, naturally occurring caverns, and even human constructed buildings if their size permits it.

Victory dragons appreciate courage, valor and a willingness to battle, and will usually leave good or neutral creatures alone if they can face the dragon without flinching or other obvious shows of cowardice. Victory dragons consider cowardice a sure sign of evil intentions, and will pursue, often hostilely, those they perceive as cowards.

Because of their nature victory dragons often rush into battle, either on the lower planes, or against gibbering mouthers, mind flayers, beholder-kin, or evil dragons that occupy the same region. This has the side-effect of keeping victory dragon populations dangerously low.

Ecology: Victory dragons are skilled hunters, and enjoy the challenge of the hunt preferring to eat predatory animals. Like most dragons they may subsist on almost anything, including inorganic materials such as metal. However, like most dragons they have a favored food. Victory dragons prefer the flesh of abominations against the natural order such as beholder-kin.

{table]Age|Body Length (‘)|Tail Length (‘)|AC|Breath Weapon|MR|Treasure Type|XP Value
    1|4-9|3-8|1|2d8+2|Nil|Nil|6,000
    2|9-18|6-14|0|4d8+2|Nil|Nil|8,000
    3|18-30|14-24|-1|6d8+3|Nil|Nil|9,000
    4|30-41|24-34|-2|8d8+4|Nil|D,P|12,000
    5|41-53|34-44|-3|10d8+5|30%|E,P|15,000
    6|53-62|44-55|-4|12d8+6|35%|H,P|16,000
    7|62-77|55-65|-5|14d8+7|40%|H,P|17,000
    8|77-90|65-76|-6|16d8+8|45%|H,P|19,000
    9|90-105|76-86|-7|18d8+9|50%|H, Px2|20,000
    10|105-119|86-97|-8|20d8+10|55%|H,Px2|22,000
    11|119-136|97-108|-9|22d8+11|60%|H,Px2|23,000
    12|136-153|108-120|-10|24d8+12|65%|H,Px3|24,000[/table]

Note: converting things is hard, though maybe it's just that I've never really homebrewed 2e.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3+ (now more than 10) New Dragons (apparently taking requests)

I'm curious about a couple of things regarding your meta-dragons:

• Why aren't the Sense Dragon ability, Keen Senses, Blindsense, and the ability to cast repair light damage traits of Dragonforged? I would think that would be more streamlined.
    • Additionally, what is the point of Sense Dragon? Normal dragons can't do it, so why can constructed dragons?
    • Are there any Dragonforged that aren't living constructs? Is there any reason not to make this subtype only applicable to living constructs...or even combine them into a singular new subtype?
    • Why only 3/4 BAB?
    • Why did you choose to poor reflex saves? With the traditional lack of Dexterity that dragons have, your meta-dragons have truly abominable reflex saves.
    • Why the Dragonblood subtype? I thought that these were intended to be True Dragons? In which case shouldn't it say that instead of dragonblooded?
    • Darkvision 60 ft. is redundant, since Keen Senses grant darkvision 120 ft.

If I were to tackle the subtype, I might do something like this (particulars depending on answers to some questions):

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonforged Construct Subtype: A dragonforged construct is a new subtype of construct, a created being in the image of dragons given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Dragonforged constructs combine aspects of both constucts and dragons, as detailed below:

Features: A dragonforged construct has the following features.
    • 10-sided Hit Dice.
    • Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (as cleric).
    • Good Fortitude and Will saves.
    • Skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Traits: A dragonforged construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
    • Dragonforged constructs are considered true dragons for all intents and purposes.
    • Unlike other constructs, a dragonforged construct has a Constitution score. A living construct does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.
    • Keen Senses, as the true dragon ability.
    • Blindsense out to 60 feet.
    • Unlike other constructs, a dragonforged construct is not immune to mind-influencing effects.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.
    • A dragonforged construct cannot heal damage naturally.
    • Unlike other constructs, dragonforged constructs are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
    • Unlike other constructs, a dragonforged construct can use the run action.
    • Dragonforged constructs can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a dragonforged construct can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a dragonforged construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a dragonforged construct.
    • A dragonforged construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A dragonforged construct with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. It can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When it's hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a dragonforged construct is inert. It is unconscious and helpless, and it cannot perform any actions. However, an inert dragonforged construct does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to it, as with a living creature that is stable.
    • Can be raised or resurrected.
    • Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.
    • Does not need to sleep, but must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.

I didn't include the Sense Dragon or repair light damage as I don't feel the first makes any sense, and the second...well, lack of natural healing is a drawback of being a construct, and they can easily learn that spell. Also, wouldn't 1 RLD/age category be a lot more healing that natural healing? Given that this subtype would be specifically for emulating dragons, I was tempted to increase the BAB, and possibly the Ref saves. Perhaps they should have all three medium saves? Yes this is a fantastic subtype, but that would be reflected in the CR, as this shouldn't ever be an issue that players get to enjoy. Thoughts?
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-03-09 at 05:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    I'm curious about a couple of things regarding your meta-dragons:

• Why aren't the Sense Dragon ability, Keen Senses, Blindsense, and the ability to cast repair light damage traits of Dragonforged? I would think that would be more streamlined.
    • Additionally, what is the point of Sense Dragon? Normal dragons can't do it, so why can constructed dragons?
    • Are there any Dragonforged that aren't living constructs? Is there any reason not to make this subtype only applicable to living constructs...or even combine them into a singular new subtype?
    • Why only 3/4 BAB?
    • Why did you choose to poor reflex saves? With the traditional lack of Dexterity that dragons have, your meta-dragons have truly abominable reflex saves.
    • Why the Dragonblood subtype? I thought that these were intended to be True Dragons? In which case shouldn't it say that instead of dragonblooded?
    • Darkvision 60 ft. is redundant, since Keen Senses grant darkvision 120 ft.

If I were to tackle the subtype, I might do something like this (particulars depending on answers to some questions):

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonforged Construct Subtype: A dragonforged construct is a new subtype of construct, a created being in the image of dragons given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Dragonforged constructs combine aspects of both constucts and dragons, as detailed below:

• 10-sided Hit Dice.
    • Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (as cleric).
    • Good Fortitude and Will saves.
    • Skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Traits: A dragonforged construct possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
    • Dragonforged constructs are considered true dragons for all intents and purposes.
    • Unlike other constructs, a dragonforged construct has a Constitution score. A living construct does not gain bonus hit points by size but gains (or loses) bonus hit points through a Constitution bonus (or penalty) as with other living creatures.
    • Unlike other constructs, a dragonforged construct is not immune to mind-influencing effects.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain.
    • Unlike other constructs, dragonforged constructs are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fort save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects or necromancy effects.
    • Dragonforged constructs can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a dragonforged construct can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a dragonforged construct is vulnerable to a harm spell. However, spells from the healing subschool provide only half effect to a dragonforged construct.
    • A dragonforged construct responds slightly differently from other living creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A dragonforged construct with 0 hit points is disabled, just like a living creature. It can only take a single move action or standard action in each round, but strenuous activity does not risk further injury. When it's hit points are less than 0 and greater than -10, a dragonforged construct is inert. It is unconscious and helpless, and it cannot perform any actions. However, an inert dragonforged construct does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to it, as with a living creature that is stable.
    • Does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes' feast and potions.

I didn't include the Sense Dragon or repair light damage as I don't feel the first makes any sense, and the second...well, lack of natural healing is a drawback of being a construct, and they can easily learn that spell. Also, wouldn't 1 RLD/age category be a lot more healing that natural healing? Given that this subtype would be specifically for emulating dragons, I was tempted to increase the BAB, and possibly the Ref saves. Perhaps they should have all three medium saves? Yes this is a fantastic subtype, but that would be reflected in the CR, as this shouldn't ever be an issue that players get to enjoy. Thoughts?
    • Keen Senses and the others were left out of dragonforged so it could be used for lesser dragon imitation as well as imitation of true dragons.
    • Sense Dragon was added due to the fluff of the original meta-dragons which had them being constructed to fight evil dragons.
    • I made it as an addition to Living Construct but it should be possible to make it work for normal constructs.
    • The lack of full BAB was because they are merely imitations and it was to represent that; also part of it goes back to the first one or two which were manufactured by humanoids and my original plans for this template.
    • Bad Ref was because it seemed fitting although coupled with the low Dex it does give horrid saves. Even so it also came from my desire to make it "like dragon but not quite as good" due to their fluff which they later outgrew.
    • Dragonblood subtype was given because it saved me having to reprint the wording of the ability (which people found confusing) and said "they count as dragon for many things". As far as I know it's the most common way to say X counts as type Y despite being type Z.
    • Again it was because I did want the template to be able to imitate lesser dragons as well.

That said, I don't mind the changes you've made, but I felt I should answer the list of questions.

Current Projects:

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

• I can understand this. The issue with that meta-dragons don't have any classification or part of their crunch where they are noted as meta-dragons. It isn't a type or subtype or anything, so it feels like it is just floating around, unclassified.
    • Fair enough, though it sounds like that is something more appropriate to be on the individual dragons, rather than the broad...classification of meta-dragon.
    • I can completely understand this.
    • That is what I thought...I guess my reason for wondering was that I was under the impression (from the thread title) that these are all supposed to be true dragons. So it just feels strange to see artificial dragons that are also true dragons, but also aren't as good as real dragons. I guess if they weren't intended to be true dragons in the first place, then it feels better.
    • Well then it might be worth revisiting to either give them a better Ref save. Or give them a better Dex score, as they are artificial, and aren't hindered by normal dragon's natural tendencies of 10 Dex.
    • Dragonblood works for general dragoniness, so long as you aren't intended to have them be true dragons.
    • Makes sense.

That said, I don't mind the changes you've made, but I felt I should answer the list of questions.
    Indeed you have. I made the changes primarily under the impression of creating artificial true dragons, and not just artificial dragon-like creatures. Really up to what you inteded your meta-dragons to be.
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-03-09 at 04:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    [LIST]
    Indeed you have. I made the changes primarily under the impression of creating artificial true dragons, and not just artificial dragon-like creatures. Really up to what you inteded your meta-dragons to be.
    Actually might add the part about for all abilities and effects being considered true dragons to the part on Meta-Dragons. The reason I didn't include a subtype or anything is because the same is true of all true dragons (which is where loredrake kobolds come from ), gem dragons, and lung dragons (both of which never were updated to 3.5) which have additional traits and qualities but are simply defined as being in that category without a subtype. That said looking at it that is not the best set of precedence as it is either 3.0 or allows loredrake kobolds (I like the idea of playing a kobold, I don't like the idea of playing a kobold because they're the strongest race a kobold being a true dragon).

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #668
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can you make a epic dragon that uses Shadow Magic(ToM) please and thank you

9. - Top - End - #669

Bode-Einstein Condensate Dragon?
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noxsis View Post
    Can you make a epic dragon that uses Shadow Magic(ToM) please and thank you
    I will get working on it as soon as I figure out where my little brother put my Tome of Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    Bode-Einstein Condensate Dragon?
    This making me think of this strip http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0754.html. Dragons make physics cry and physics makes me... at least it's not orgo. I'll try but it'll require a quick slow trip to wikipedia first.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Black Lotus Dragon
    Dragon (Water)
    Environment: Warm swamps and underground.
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (2-5)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 2, Very Young 3, Young 4, Juvenile 6, Young Adult 8, Adult 11, Mature Adult 14, Old 17, Very Old 19, Ancient 20, Wyrm 22, Great Wyrm 24
    Treasure: Triple Standard.
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

I was seeking that fabled plant, the black lotus, in the Sun Band far to the South. I found it, but worse was there with it. The lizardfolk had built a great temple around the fabled plant, a temple to worship their god and king. This beast was a dragon, the size of an elephant if not more. It's eyes a blazing hateful purple, and its scales an oily black.

It resembled the black dragon of our lands, except slimmer in build and longer of tail and neck. Unfortunately I was to discover that the physical similarities were not great. Like the black dragons we are familiar with it was impervious to acid, but it also carried with it the stench of death and its breath was as poisonous as the plants that grew in its lair. No acid need I have feared, but its poisons were every bit as deadly if not more so.

I managed to escape the beast. Returning equipped with periapts that could absorb and neutralize poison, I managed to slay it when next we met, but it was still a difficult struggle. It lacked many of the powers of a black dragon, but it had those a black dragon does not. It was, I believe, more cunning, and its magical powers were greater than its appearance had led me to expect.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling T 3d12+3 (22 hp) 11 10 13 10 11 10 3/-5 5 4 3 3 1 12 -
    Very Young S 6d12+6 (44 hp) 13 10 13 10 11 10 6/3 8 6 5 5 1d2 14 -
    Young M 9d12+18 (75 hp) 15 10 15 12 13 12 9/11 11 8 6 7 1d3 16 -
    Juvenile M 12d12+24 (102 hp) 17 10 15 12 13 12 12/15 15 10 8 9 1d4 18 -
    Young Adult L 15d12+45 (142 hp) 21 10 17 14 15 14 15/24 19 12 9 11 1d6 20 19
    Adult L 18d12+72 (189 hp) 23 10 19 16 17 16 18/28 23 15 11 14 1d8 23 22
    Mature Adult H 21d12+105 (241 hp) 27 10 21 18 19 18 21/37 27 17 12 16 1d10 25 24
    Old H 24d12+120 (276 hp) 29 10 21 18 19 18 24/41 31 19 14 18 2d6 27 26
    Very Old H 27d12+162 (337 hp) 31 10 23 20 21 20 27/45 35 21 15 20 2d6+1 29 28
    Ancient H 30d12+180 (375 hp) 33 10 23 20 21 20 30/49 39 23 17 22 2d6+2 31 30
    Wyrm G 33d12+231 (445 hp) 35 10 25 22 23 22 33/57 41 25 18 24 3d6 33 32
    Great Wyrm G 36d12+288 (522 hp) 37 10 27 24 25 24 36/61 45 28 20 27 3d6+1 36 35

Age Speed Init SR AC Special Abilities Caster Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 - 14 (+2 size, +2 natural) Immunity to Poison, Acid Resistance 10 -
    Very Young 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 - 16 (+1 size, +5 natural) Acid Resistance 30 -
    Young 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 - 18 (+8 natural) Acid Immunity -
    Juvenile 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 - 21 (+11 natural) Imbue Toxin 1st
    Young Adult 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 18 23 (-1 size, +14 natural) DR 5/magic 3rd
    Adult 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 19 26 (-1 size, +17 natural) Miasma 5th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 28 (-2 size, +20 natural) DR 10/magic 7th
    Old 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 22 31 (-2 size, +23 natural) Fear Venom 9th
    Very Old 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 24 34 (-2 size, +26 natural) DR 15/magic 11th
    Ancient 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 25 37 (-2 size, +29 natural) Hexing Gaze 13th
    Wyrm 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 27 38 (-4 size, +32 natural) DR 20/magic 15th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 29 41 (-4 size, +35 natural) Deadly Miasma 17th

Breath Weapon (Su): A black lotus dragon has a single breath weapon, a cone of poisonous gas. This gas is a poison, and therefore bonuses to saves and immunity to poison apply, and has an initial and secondary damage listed above in Str and Con damage.

Imbue Toxin (Su): A juvenile or older black lotus dragon may 1/round imbue its claws with poison. The next time it successfully makes a claw attack before the start of its next turn, the target is afflicted with a poison dealing 1d8 Dex damage as both initial and secondary damage. A fort save can, as usual for poison, resist this damage. Due to its supernatural nature this poison ignores magical immunity to poison or save bonuses specifically against poison due to spells or magic items. The DC is Con based and therefore usually the same as for Breath Weapon although feats can influence these DCs.

Miasma (Ex): An adult or older black lotus dragon is surrounded by a miasma of deadly gas. While this gas does not provide cover or concealment it does give a -2 on spot checks through it, into it, or when in it to all creatures other than the black lotus dragon and other black lotus dragons. In addition any creature entering or starting its turn in the miasma must make a Fort save (DC is con based) or take 2d4 Con damage; this is considered a poison for save bonuses and immunity. Any creature which makes or fails its save is immune to that black lotus dragon's miasma for 1 minute.

Fear Venom (Su): An old or older black lotus dragon's bite attack carries a supernatural poison. The initial and secondary damage is to be shaken for 2d6 minutes; a successful Fort save will resist this damage (DC is Con based).

Hexing Gaze (Su): An ancient or older black lotus dragon's gaze carries a curse. This is a gaze attack that only affects enemies. Any enemy meeting the dragon's gaze must make a Will save (DC is Cha based so the same as Frightful Presence) or suffer a -2 to AC, saves, skill and ability checks, and attack rolls for 1 hour. Any creature affected is immune to that dragon's hexing gaze for 24 hours, but a creature that successfully saves does not gain this immunity. Black lotus dragons are immune to this effect.

Deadly Miasma (Su): A great wyrm black lotus dragon's miasma gains a supernatural element to it. Magical immunity to poison, or save bonuses specifically against poison granted by magic effects, do not apply against a great wyrm's miasma. Also should a creature fail its save it takes 4d6 Con damage instead of 2d4 and even on a successful save they still take 2d4. In an area of antimagic or dead magic the deadly miasma ability reverts to the extraordinary miasma ability.

Skills: A Black Lotus Dragon treats Hide, Move Silently, and Swim as class skills.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-30 at 01:37 AM.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

So, can I tap and sacrifice this dragon to add 3 mana of any one color to my mana pool?

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    So, can I tap and sacrifice this dragon to add 3 mana of any one color to my mana pool?
    My original lay out had five Su/Sp abilities it could use one for each color of mana. I'm still tempted to make that.

I went with basing it on vague recollections of black lotus extract from The Tower of the Elephant and heavy poison abilities instead of M:tG though.

Still working on Bose-Einstein, and epic shadow magic dragons.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't think you'd made it off of MTG, I just had to make that joke.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I didn't think you'd made it off of MTG, I just had to make that joke.
    I know. I had to admit I was tempted to make it off of M:tG, especially when I was having trouble thinking of abilities.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Needs a | after Hit Dice...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Black Lotus Dragon
    Dragon (Water)
    Environment: Warm swamps and underground.
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or family (2-5)
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 2, Very Young 3, Young 4, Juvenile 6, Young Adult 8, Adult 11, Mature Adult 14, Old 17, Very Old 19, Ancient 20, Wyrm 22, Great Wyrm 24
    Treasure: Triple Standard.
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

I was seeking that fabled plant, the black lotus, in the Sun Band far to the South. I found it, but worse was there with it. The lizardfolk had built a great temple around the fabled plant, a temple to worship their god and king. This beast was a dragon, the size of an elephant if not more. It's eyes a blazing hateful purple, and its scales an oily black.

It resembled the black dragon of our lands, except slimmer in build and longer of tail and neck. Unfortunately I was to discover that the physical similarities were not great. Like the black dragons we are familiar with it was impervious to acid, but it also carried with it the stench of death and its breath was as poisonous as the plants that grew in its lair. No acid need I have feared, but its poisons were every bit as deadly if not more so.

I managed to escape the beast. Returning equipped with periapts that could absorb and neutralize poison, I managed to slay it when next we met, but it was still a difficult struggle. It lacked many of the powers of a black dragon, but it had those a black dragon does not. It was, I believe, more cunning, and its magical powers were greater than its appearance had led me to expect.

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice| Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon Damage | Breath Weapon DC| Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling| T| 3d12+3 (22 hp) | 11| 10| 13| 10| 11| 10| 3/-5| 5| 4 | 3| 3| 1 | 12 |-
    Very Young| S| 6d12+6 (44 hp) | 13| 10| 13| 10| 11| 10| 6/3| 8| 6 | 5| 5| 1d2 | 14 |-
    Young | M| 9d12+18 (75 hp) | 15| 10| 15| 12| 13| 12| 9/11| 11| 8 | 6| 7| 1d3 | 16 |-
    Juvenile| M| 12d12+24 (102 hp) | 17| 10| 15| 12| 13| 12| 12/15| 15| 10 | 8| 9| 1d4 | 18 |-
    Young Adult| L| 15d12+45 (142 hp) | 21| 10| 17| 14| 15| 14| 15/24| 19| 12 | 9| 11| 1d6 | 20 | 19
    Adult| L| 18d12+72 (189 hp) | 23| 10| 19| 16| 17| 16| 18/28| 23| 15 | 11| 14| 1d8 | 23 | 22
    Mature Adult| H| 21d12+105 (241 hp) | 27| 10| 21| 18| 19| 18| 21/37| 27| 17 | 12| 16| 1d10 | 25 | 24
    Old | H| 24d12+120 (276 hp) | 29| 10| 21| 18| 19| 18| 24/41| 31| 19 | 14| 18| 2d6 | 27 | 26
    Very Old| H| 27d12+162 (337 hp) | 31| 10| 23| 20| 21| 20| 27/45| 35| 21 | 15| 20| 2d6+1 | 29 | 28
    Ancient| H| 30d12+180 (375 hp) | 33| 10| 23| 20| 21| 20| 30/49| 39| 23 | 17| 22| 2d6+2 | 31 | 30
    Wyrm | G| 33d12+231 (445 hp) | 35| 10| 25| 22| 23| 22| 33/57| 41| 25 | 18| 24| 3d6 | 33 | 32
    Great Wyrm | G| 36d12+288 (522 hp) | 37| 10| 27| 24| 25| 24| 36/61| 45| 28 | 20| 27| 3d6+1 | 36 | 35[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init | SR |AC |Special Abilities |Caster Level
    Wyrmling |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) |+0 |- |14 (+2 size, +2 natural) |Immunity to Poison, Acid Resistance 10 |-
    Very Young |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) |+0 |- |16 (+1 size, +5 natural) |Acid Resistance 30 |-
    Young |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 100-ft (average) |+0 |- |18 (+8 natural) |Acid Immunity |-
    Juvenile |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 |- |21 (+11 natural) |Imbue Toxin |1st
    Young Adult |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 | 18 |23 (-1 size, +14 natural) |DR 5/magic |3rd
    Adult |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 | 19 |26 (-1 size, +17 natural) |Miasma |5th
    Mature Adult |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 | 21 |28 (-2 size, +20 natural) |DR 10/magic |7th
    Old |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 | 22 |31 (-2 size, +23 natural) |Fear Venom |9th
    Very Old |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) |+0 | 24 |34 (-2 size, +26 natural) |DR 15/magic |11th
    Ancient |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+0 | 25 |37 (-2 size, +29 natural) |Hexing Gaze |13th
    Wyrm |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+0 | 27 |38 (-4 size, +32 natural) |DR 20/magic |15th
    Great Wyrm |40-ft, swim 40-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) |+0 | 29 |41 (-4 size, +35 natural) |Deadly Miasma |17th [/table]
    Breath Weapon (Su): A black lotus dragon has a single breath weapon, a cone of poisonous gas. This gas is a poison, and therefore bonuses to saves and immunity to poison apply, and has an initial and secondary damage listed above in Str and Con damage.

Imbue Toxin (Su): A juvenile or older black lotus dragon may 1/round imbue its claws with poison. The next time it successfully makes a claw attack before the start of its next turn, the target is afflicted with a poison dealing 1d8 Dex damage as both initial and secondary damage. A fort save can, as usual for poison, resist this damage. Due to its supernatural nature this poison ignores magical immunity to poison or save bonuses specifically against poison due to spells or magic items. The DC is Con based and therefore usually the same as for Breath Weapon although feats can influence these DCs.

Miasma (Ex): An adult or older black lotus dragon is surrounded by a miasma of deadly gas. While this gas does not provide cover or concealment it does give a -2 on spot checks through it, into it, or when in it to all creatures other than the black lotus dragon and other black lotus dragons. In addition any creature entering or starting its turn in the miasma must make a Fort save (DC is con based) or take 2d4 Con damage; this is considered a poison for save bonuses and immunity. Any creature which makes or fails its save is immune to that black lotus dragon's miasma for 1 minute.

Fear Venom (Su): An old or older black lotus dragon's bite attack carries a supernatural poison. The initial and secondary damage is to be shaken for 2d6 minutes; a successful Fort save will resist this damage (DC is Con based).

Hexing Gaze (Su): An ancient or older black lotus dragon's gaze carries a curse. This is a gaze attack that only affects enemies. Any enemy meeting the dragon's gaze must make a Will save (DC is Cha based so the same as Frightful Presence) or suffer a -2 to AC, saves, skill and ability checks, and attack rolls for 1 hour. Any creature affected is immune to that dragon's hexing gaze for 24 hours, but a creature that successfully saves does not gain this immunity. Black lotus dragons are immune to this effect.

Deadly Miasma (Su): A great wyrm black lotus dragon's miasma gains a supernatural element to it. Magical immunity to poison, or save bonuses specifically against poison granted by magic effects, do not apply against a great wyrm's miasma. Also should a creature fail its save it takes 4d6 Con damage instead of 2d4 and even on a successful save they still take 2d4. In an area of antimagic or dead magic the deadly miasma ability reverts to the extraordinary miasma ability.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

Several of your tables have broken... and when are you gonna make a dragon that dances? C'mon, y'know ya' wan'na!
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

18. - Top - End - #678

I know. I had to admit I was tempted to make it off of M:tG, especially when I was having trouble thinking of abilities.
    Would it be too much to ask for a modular dragon?
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    Several of your tables have broken... and when are you gonna make a dragon that dances? C'mon, y'know ya' wan'na!
    That's... weird... I'll have to figure out how to fix that (apparently Edit + Save changes = fixed). Thanks for pointing it out. Well would dancing dragon + heavy metal dragon = from players?

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    Would it be too much to ask for a modular dragon?
    It would be very odd to make. Ultimately modular would be possible but the question of range comes up. Long range and CR becomes completely meaningless. Short range and you have to have them be able to be a threat in large numbers. I'm tempted to say it would be easier in 4e, or 2e. This will require thought. And I'm still trying to figure out what exactly a bose-einstein condensate's physical properties are.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #680
    Orc in the Playground

That's... weird... I'll have to figure out how to fix that (apparently Edit + Save changes = fixed). Thanks for pointing it out. Well would dancing dragon + heavy metal dragon = from players?

It would be very odd to make. Ultimately modular would be possible but the question of range comes up. Long range and CR becomes completely meaningless. Short range and you have to have them be able to be a threat in large numbers. I'm tempted to say it would be easier in 4e, or 2e. This will require thought. And I'm still trying to figure out what exactly a bose-einstein condensate's physical properties are.
    Heavy metal is heavy metal, I was more thinking a dragon that dances, not head bang!

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Shamrock Wyvern

Spoiler
    Show
    Small Dragon
    HD 4d12+8 (34 hp)
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 60-ft (good)
    Init: +2
    AC 18; touch 15; flat-footed 16 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural, +3 luck)
    BAB +4; Grp +2
    Attack Bite +7 melee (1d4+2 and poison)
    Full-Attack Bite +7 melee (1d4+2 and poison); when flying bite +7 melee (1d4+2 and poison), and 2 claws +2 melee (1d4+1)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Poison Immunity, Aura of Luck, Keen Sight, Blind-sense 60-ft
    Saves Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Skills: Spot +11, Listen +7, Hide +12, Move Silently +7
    Feats: Improved Flight (from Races of the Wild and Complete Adventurer), Ability Focus (Poison)
    Environment: Cold and Temperate mountains and plains
    Organization Solitary, or pair
    Challenge Rating 3
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Usually Chaotic Good
    Advancement by HD (5 HD small, 6-9 HD medium, 10-14 HD large)
    Level Adjustment

An emerald green creature. Not quite a dragon, it lacks fore limbs instead relying only on hind-claws and wings. Its teeth drip with an amber venom, and its eyes alight with a non-human intelligence.

Shamrock wyverns are a small breed of wyvern known for their preternatural luck. They are valued by wizards and sorcerers alike as familiars for their ability to serve as quick aerial messengers and the good luck they are thought to bring. They are known to have a fondness for ales and beers, and have been caught by cunning hunters who used such bait.

Shamrock wyverns speak draconic.

Combat: A shamrock wyvern fights on the wing since when flying it is able to unleash its claws to fight. A shamrock wyvern's primary attack form, though, is its venomous bite which carries a mind dulling poison.

Poison (Ex): A shamrock wyvern's bite attack carries a poison with an initial damage of 1d6 Wisdom and a secondary damage of 1d6 Wisdom. A DC 16 Fort save prevents the damage (this is Constitution based) although note the secondary damage 1 minute later.

Aura of Luck (Su): A shamrock wyvern adds its Charisma modifier as a luck bonus to AC and saving throws.

Keen Sight (Ex): A shamrock wyvern can see twice as far as a human in full daylight, suffering only a -1 per 10-ft of distance when making spot checks (instead of -2 per 10-ft). In addition they have 120-ft darkvision, and superior low-light vision.

Skills: A shamrock wyvern gains a +4 racial bonus to Spot checks; this bonus is included above.

As Familiars: A character with the improved familiar feat and a caster level of 7 may select a shamrock wyvern as a familiar. If they do so they gain a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.

For Saint Patrick's Day.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-03-18 at 07:12 PM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #682

{Looks at Shamrock Wyvern}{Does a Jig}
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Shamrock Wyvern

Spoiler
    Show
    Small Dragon
    HD 4d12+8 (34 hp)
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 60-ft (good)
    Init: +2
    AC 18; touch 15; flat-footed 16 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +3 Natural, +3 luck)
    BAB +4; Grp +2
    Attack Bite +7 melee (1d4+2 and poison)
    Full-Attack Bite +7 melee (1d4+2 and poison); when flying bite +7 melee (1d4+2 and poison), and 2 claws +2 melee (1d4+1)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Poison
    Special Qualities: Poison Immunity, Aura of Luck, Keen Sight, Blind-sense 60-ft
    Saves Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +7
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Skills: Spot +11, Listen +7, Hide +12, Move Silently +7
    Feats: Improved Flight (from Races of the Wild and Complete Adventurer), Ability Focus (Poison)
    Environment: Cold and Temperate mountains and plains
    Organization Solitary, or pair
    Challenge Rating 3
    Treasure Standard
    Alignment Usually Chaotic Good
    Advancement by HD (5 HD small, 6-9 HD medium, 10-14 HD large)
    Level Adjustment

An emerald green creature. Not quite a dragon, it lacks fore limbs instead relying only on hind-claws and wings. Its teeth drip with an amber venom, and its eyes alight with a non-human intelligence.

Shamrock wyverns are a small breed of wyvern known for their preternatural luck. They are valued by wizards and sorcerers alike as familiars for their ability to serve as quick aerial messengers and the good luck they are thought to bring. They are known to have a fondness for ales and beers, and have been caught by cunning hunters who used such bait.

Snow wyverns speak (broken) draconic.

Combat: A shamrock wyvern fights on the wing since when flying it is able to unleash its claws to fight. A shamrock wyvern's primary attack form, though, is its venomous bite which carries a mind dulling poison.

Poison (Ex): A shamrock wyvern's bite attack carries a poison with an initial damage of 1d6 Wisdom and a secondary damage of 1d6 Wisdom. A DC 16 Fort save prevents the damage (this is Constitution based) although note the secondary damage 1 minute later.

Aura of Luck (Su): A shamrock wyvern adds its Charisma modifier as a luck bonus to AC and saving throws.

Keen Sight (Ex): A shamrock wyvern can see twice as far as a human in full daylight, suffering only a -1 per 10-ft of distance when making spot checks (instead of -2 per 10-ft). In addition they have 120-ft darkvision, and superior low-light vision.

Skills: A shamrock wyvern gains a +4 racial bonus to Spot checks; this bonus is included above.

As Familiars: A character with the improved familiar feat and a caster level of 7 may select a shamrock wyvern as a familiar. If they do so they gain a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.

For Saint Patrick's Day.
    Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Just so you know, I'd put the LA for the Shamrock Dragon at LA +3/+4. Would you mind if I made some savage progressions for some of these?

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Just so you know, I'd put the LA for the Shamrock Dragon at LA +3/+4. Would you mind if I made some savage progressions for some of these?
    I wouldn't mind at all, just let me see it when you're done

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, than, thank you. I guess I'll do the Shamrock Wyvern, Lepidodendron wyrmling, and Gorgonid wyrmling.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Dance Dragon
    Dragon (Air)
    Environment: Any plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or troop (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 16; very old 17; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Good

These rare dragons are known on only a few worlds. They seem to dance to music that only they can hear, although at times they can release it, sped up a hundred fold in a short burst of destructive energy through their breath weapon. They are highly agile for dragons, and even more so in their ability to evade attacks, as if their dance brings them intone with the multiverse.

These dragons seem, from my observations, highly friendly beasts. They actively seek the company of others, using their ability to shape shift to appear as beautiful, young, human maidens to elicit such companionship when required; or strapping, humanoid youths I would assume (my dealings were limited mostly to the female of the species).

My first encounter with such a dragon was while searching for the elusive Umbra Dragon, a search that is still unsuccessful at the moment, although I seem to have found some interesting clues. Unlike normal, the dragon was the one who approached me, intending to keep her draconic nature a secret. Of course with my expertise in the field of dragons it was not hard to see such telltale signs such as were in her accent and stride.

These dragons are nomads by nature, and on the world I found them well acquainted with the local gipsy folk, often accompanying their wagons. It is considered to be good luck to have one accompanying the wagons in humanoid guise, but the luck is marred if their identity is revealed. This also makes them more open to outsiders than on many worlds as the outsider may in fact be a lucky companion. Due to their nomadic nature they are less likely to keep hoards than moste dragons, and in fact show a preference for pieces of art, musical instruments, and magic items over gold and gems.

Physically they are sleak bodied creatures, with long, sinuous tails, necks and torsoes. Their scales are a bright gold in color, although their two pairs of wings, one set in front of the other, prevent mistaking them for the more common gold dragons. Their heads are slim and snake-like, but two long, bony, head-tails stretch back from above their eyes. These serve no practical purpose, although long head-tails are considered a sign of prowess and virility in males. Of further interest is their six toed claws, which give them a distinctive foot print.

Beyond these matters of superficial appearance, there are several more interesting qualities to these dragons. They are hard to catch, but have relatively soft scales even though they still harden against non-magical weapons and even against all weapons not sanctified to Order. They can dodge and weave as if with a supernatural grace or as if some presience guides them. This same combination of cosmic prescience and agility allows them to effectively evade many spells and most breath weapons of other dragons. In combat they are capable of devastating strafing attacks where they use their bite to the best of their ability to strike at as many foes as possible while they pass. They do, though, lack immunity to the breath weapons of other dance dragons, in fact lacking any resistance to such attacks and being fully vulnerable to sonic assault despite their own breath weapon being a sonic attack.

I return to my search for an umbra dragon now. Good luck with your own research.
    --Zasper

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 12 13 10 15 14 5/2 7 5 5 6 2d6 13 -
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (66 hp) 15 12 15 10 17 16 8/10 10 8 7 9 4d6 16 -
    Young M 11d12+22 (93 hp) 17 14 15 12 17 16 11/14 14 9 9 10 6d6 17 -
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 21 14 17 12 19 18 14/23 18 12 11 13 8d6 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 23 16 19 12 19 18 17/27 22 14 13 14 10d6 22 19
    Adult H 20d12+80 (210 hp) 25 16 19 14 21 20 20/35 25 16 15 17 12d6 24 22
    Mature Adult H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 27 18 21 14 21 20 23/39 29 18 17 18 14d6 26 23
    Old H 26d12+130 (299 hp) 29 18 21 16 23 22 26/43 33 20 19 21 16d6 28 26
    Very Old H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 31 20 23 16 23 22 29/47 37 22 21 22 18d6 30 27
    Ancient G 32d12+224 (432 hp) 35 20 25 18 25 24 32/56 40 25 23 25 20d6 33 30
    Wyrm G 35d12+281 (508 hp) 37 22 27 20 25 24 35/60 44 27 25 26 22d6 35 32
    Great Wyrm G 38d12+305 (552 hp) 39 22 27 20 27 26 38/64 48 29 27 29 24d6 37 34

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +0 15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +2 misc, +1 natural) - Battle Dancing, Alternate Form
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +0 17 (+1 Dex, +3 misc, +3 natural) - Evasion
    Young 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +0 20 (+2 Dex, +3 misc, +5 natural) - DR 5/magic
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +0 22 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 misc, +7 natural) - Improved Evasion
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) +0 25 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +4 misc, +9 natural) 24 DR 10/magic
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) +0 27 (-2 size, +3 Dex, +5 misc, +11 natural) 26 Dancing Strafe
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) +0 30 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +5 misc, +13 natural) 28 DR 15/magic
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) +0 33 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +6 misc, +15 natural) 30 Spell Guard Dance
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) +0 36 (-2 size, +5 Dex, +6 misc, +17 natural) 32 DR 20/magic and DR 5/law
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 37 (-4 size, +5 Dex, +7 misc, +19 natural) 34 Otto's Irrisitable Dance
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 40 (-4 size, +6 Dex, +7 misc, +21 natural) 36 DR 20/magic and DR 10/law
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) +0 43 (-4 size, +6 Dex, +8 misc, +23 natural) 39 Reflection Dance

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A dance dragon's breath weapon is a line of concentrated music, the same music to which the dragon seems to be continuously dancing but sped up several hundred times and the pitch changed to create a destructive blast. All creatures in the line take the listed sonic damage, although a successful Fort save halves the damage.

Battle Dancing (Ex): A dance dragon adds its Charisma to its AC when not wearing armor or using a shield, as per the monk ability except for the ability score adde. They may also use Perform (Dance) in place of Concentration checks.

Alternate Form (Su): 3/day as a standard action a dance dragon may assume the form of a medium or smaller humanoid. They may remain in this form indefinitely or until they chose to return to their natural form or assume a new form.

Evasion (Ex): A very young or older dance dragon gains Evasion as the rogue ability of the same name.

Improved Evasion (Ex): A juvenile or older dance dragon gains Improved Evasion as the rogue ability of the same name.

Dancing Strafe (Ex): As a full round action an adult or older dance dragon may move up to its speed (or fly speed) and make one bite attack on each creature that passes through its bite reach, up to one bite attack per point of Dex bonus. No creature may be attacked more than once during a single dancing strafe.

Spell Guard Dance (Su): As a move action an old or older dance dragon may engage in its Spell Guard Dance which increases its Spell Resistance by 5 and gives it a +4 on all saves versus spells. This bonus lasts until the dragon moves more than 5-ft.

Reflection Dance (Su): When a great wyrm dance dragon enters into its spell guard dance it also changes its natural armor bonus to a deflection bonus and any ranged touch attack made against it that misses is reflected back at the source using the same attack bonus.

Skills: Balance, Perform, and Tumble are class skills for dance dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-09-01 at 01:48 AM.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

Dance Dragon
    Dragon (Air)
    Environment: Any plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or troop (2-5).
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 15; old 16; very old 17; ancient 19; wyrm 20; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Good

These rare dragons are known on only a few worlds. They seem to dance to music that only they can hear, although at times they can release it, sped up a hundred fold in a short burst of destructive energy through their breath weapon. They are highly agile for dragons, and even more so in their ability to evade attacks, as if their dance brings them intone with the multiverse.

These dragons seem, from my observations, highly friendly beasts. They actively seek the company of others, using their ability to shape shift to appear as beautiful, young, human maidens to elicit such companionship when required; or strapping, humanoid youths I would assume (my dealings were limited mostly to the female of the species).

My first encounter with such a dragon was while searching for the elusive Umbra Dragon, a search that is still unsuccessful at the moment, although I seem to have found some interesting clues. Unlike normal, the dragon was the one who approached me, intending to keep her draconic nature a secret. Of course with my expertise in the field of dragons it was not hard to see such telltale signs such as were in her accent and stride.

These dragons are nomads by nature, and on the world I found them well acquainted with the local gipsy folk, often accompanying their wagons. It is considered to be good luck to have one accompanying the wagons in humanoid guise, but the luck is marred if their identity is revealed. This also makes them more open to outsiders than on many worlds as the outsider may in fact be a lucky companion. Due to their nomadic nature they are less likely to keep hoards than moste dragons, and in fact show a preference for pieces of art, musical instruments, and magic items over gold and gems.

Physically they are sleak bodied creatures, with long, sinuous tails, necks and torsoes. Their scales are a bright gold in color, although their two pairs of wings, one set in front of the other, prevent mistaking them for the more common gold dragons. Their heads are slim and snake-like, but two long, bony, head-tails stretch back from above their eyes. These serve no practical purpose, although long head-tails are considered a sign of prowess and virility in males. Of further interest is their six toed claws, which give them a distinctive foot print.

Beyond these matters of superficial appearance, there are several more interesting qualities to these dragons. They are hard to catch, but have relatively soft scales even though they still harden against non-magical weapons and even against all weapons not sanctified to Order. They can dodge and weave as if with a supernatural grace or as if some presience guides them. This same combination of cosmic prescience and agility allows them to effectively evade many spells and most breath weapons of other dragons. In combat they are capable of devastating strafing attacks where they use their bite to the best of their ability to strike at as many foes as possible while they pass. They do, though, lack immunity to the breath weapons of other dance dragons, in fact lacking any resistance to such attacks and being fully vulnerable to sonic assault despite their own breath weapon being a sonic attack.

I return to my search for an umbra dragon now. Good luck with your own research.
    --Zasper

{table]Age| Size| Hit Dice | Str| Dex| Con| Int| Wis| Cha| BAB/Grp| Atk| Fort| Ref| Will| Breath Weapon Damage| Breath Weapon DC| Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling| S| 5d12+5 (37 hp) | 13| 12| 13| 10| 15| 14| 5/2| 7| 5| 5| 6| 2d6| 13 |-
    Very Young| M| 8d12+16 (66 hp) | 15| 12| 15| 10| 17| 16| 8/10| 10| 8| 7| 9| 4d6| 16 |-
    Young | M| 11d12+22 (93 hp) | 17| 14| 15| 12| 17| 16| 11/14| 14| 9| 9| 10| 6d6| 17 |-
    Juvenile| L| 14d12+42 (133 hp) | 21| 14| 17| 12| 19| 18| 14/23| 18| 12| 11| 13| 8d6| 20 |-
    Young Adult| L| 17d12+68 (178 hp) | 23| 16| 19| 12| 19| 18| 17/27| 22| 14| 13| 14| 10d6| 22 |19
    Adult| H| 20d12+80 (210 hp) | 25| 16| 19| 14| 21| 20| 20/35| 25| 16| 15| 17| 12d6| 24 |22
    Mature Adult| H| 23d12+115 (264 hp) | 27| 18| 21| 14| 21| 20| 23/39| 29| 18| 17| 18| 14d6| 26 |23
    Old | H| 26d12+130 (299 hp) | 29| 18| 21| 16| 23| 22| 26/43| 33| 20| 19| 21| 16d6| 28 |26
    Very Old| H| 29d12+174 (362 hp) | 31| 20| 23| 16| 23| 22| 29/47| 37| 22| 21| 22| 18d6| 30 |27
    Ancient| G| 32d12+224 (432 hp) | 35| 20| 25| 18| 25| 24| 32/56| 40| 25| 23| 25| 20d6| 33 |30
    Wyrm | G| 35d12+281 (508 hp) | 37| 22| 27| 20| 25| 24| 35/60| 44| 27| 25| 26| 22d6| 35 |32
    Great Wyrm | G| 38d12+305 (552 hp) | 39| 22| 27| 20| 27| 26| 38/64| 48| 29| 27| 29| 24d6| 37 |34[/table]

{table]Age |Speed |Init |AC |SR |Special Abilities
    Wyrmling |60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) |+0 |15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +2 misc, +1 natural) |- |Battle Dancing, Alternate Form
    Very Young |60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) |+0 |17 (+1 Dex, +3 misc, +3 natural) |- |Evasion
    Young |60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) |+0 |20 (+2 Dex, +3 misc, +5 natural) |- |DR 5/magic
    Juvenile |60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) |+0 |22 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +4 misc, +7 natural) |- |Improved Evasion
    Young Adult |60-ft, fly 100-ft (good) |+0 |25 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +4 misc, +9 natural) |24 |DR 10/magic
    Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) |+0 |27 (-2 size, +3 Dex, +5 misc, +11 natural) |26 |Dancing Strafe
    Mature Adult |60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) |+0 |30 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +5 misc, +13 natural) |28 |DR 15/magic
    Old |60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) |+0 |33 (-2 size, +4 Dex, +6 misc, +15 natural) |30 |Spell Guard Dance
    Very Old |60-ft, fly 150-ft (good) |+0 |36 (-2 size, +5 Dex, +6 misc, +17 natural) |32 |DR 20/magic and DR 5/law
    Ancient |60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) |+0 |37 (-4 size, +5 Dex, +7 misc, +19 natural) |34 |Otto's Irrisitable Dance
    Wyrm |60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) |+0 |40 (-4 size, +6 Dex, +7 misc, +21 natural) |36 |DR 20/magic and DR 10/law
    Great Wyrm |60-ft, fly 200-ft (good) |+0 |43 (-4 size, +6 Dex, +8 misc, +23 natural) |39 |Reflection Dance[/table]
    Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A dance dragon's breath weapon is a line of concentrated music, the same music to which the dragon seems to be continuously dancing but sped up several hundred times and the pitch changed to create a destructive blast. All creatures in the line take the listed damage, although a successful Fort save halves the damage.

Battle Dancing (Ex): A dance dragon adds its Wisdom to its AC when not wearing armor or using a shield, as per the monk ability. This ability does not stack with the monk AC bonus or a swordsage's.

Alternate Form (Su): 3/day as a standard action a dance dragon may assume the form of a medium or smaller humanoid. They may remain in this form indefinitely or until they chose to return to their natural form or assume a new form.

Evasion (Ex): A very young or older dance dragon gains Evasion as the rogue ability of the same name.

Improved Evasion (Ex): A juvenile or older dance dragon gains Improved Evasion as the rogue ability of the same name.

Dancing Strafe (Ex): As a full round action an adult or older dance dragon may move up to its speed (or fly speed) and make one bite attack on each creature that passes through its bite reach, up to one bite attack per point of Dex bonus. No creature may be attacked more than once during a single dancing strafe.

Spell Guard Dance (Su): As a move action an old or older dance dragon may engage in its Spell Guard Dance which increases its Spell Resistance by 5 and gives it a +4 on all saves versus spells. This bonus lasts until the dragon moves.

Reflection Dance (Su): When a great wyrm dance dragon enters into its spell guard dance it also changes its natural armor bonus to a deflection bonus and any ranged touch attack made against it that misses is reflected back at the source using the same attack bonus.
    Woot! Thanks for the Dragon, mr. Zaydos!

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Copy pasta error in the shamrock wyvern: "Snow wyverns speak (broken) draconic".
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Coin Dragon

Type: Construct (dragonforged construct)
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult, adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary
    Challenge Rating: Wyrmling 2; very young 3; young 5; juvenile 7; young adult 10; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 19; very old 21; ancient 23; wyrm 24; great wyrm 26
    Treasure: None or triple standard
    Alignment: Any
    Advancement:

Coin dragons are monstrous constructs created to protect vast hoards of treasure. Or rather, they are created so that vast hoards can protect themselves. Originally invented by an ancient and clever red dragon, the coin dragon was intended so that he could leave his nest (in search for more treasure) without worrying about some conniving adventurer stealing anything. Ashardalon has claimed on several occasions to be this rumored dragon, but records indicate that the rituals involved predate the fearsome red. Since their creation they have protected treasure and accumulated a great deal more, evolving as many different magics are incorporated into their bodies. As their owners have fallen, coin dragons continued to protect the horde as that is their original purpose in life, but without a master to own them, they become fearsome dragons in their own right, and some of the most greedy and avaricious of all dragons, being the very embodiment of a dragon’s hoard.

No matter where they are now, coin dragons are all created to protect the treasure that forms their bodies. They are intelligent and aware, but completely subservient to their creator. They can be of any alignment, but will always reflect their creator in alignment, temperament, and desire. If their master is slain a coin dragon will not instantly understand what has occurred and will continue to act as it has since creation (creating a nasty surprise for any dragon-looter who thinks the hard part is over). It takes several days for a coin dragon to understand what has happened, and to determine it’s course of action now that it is free. If the creator of the coin dragon is resurrected, the coin dragon remains it’s own agent, as the magics that once held it in thrall are irreparably destroyed.

Unlike normal dragons, coin dragons don’t advance by age in the most literal sense. They increase in size and power depending on how large the hoard that they are composed of is. See page 282 of the Draconomicon for an idea of how large a hoard is for the appropriate HD; the CR of the hoard is roughly equal to the HD of the coin dragon. Because of this, successful coin dragons can grow at an extremely fast rate, but they are always in danger of shrinking should some enterprising adventurer manage to steal some of the hoard. The hoard dragon always contains a huge number of coins, enough that a dragon of similar size would have no problem lounging upon the inert coin dragon as a bed. Magical items of variable bonuses, such as weapons and armor, are always found in appropriately sized hoards.

Table: Coin Dragons by Age
    {table=head]Age|Size|
    Hit Dice (HP)
    |Str|Dex|Con|Int|Wis|Cha|BAB/Grp|Atk|Fort|Ref|Will|
    Breath[br]Weapon (DC)
    |
    Frightful[br]Presence DC

Wyrmling|
    S
    |
    3d10+3 (19)
    |11|10|13|14|11|6|
    +3/-1
    |+4|+4|+3|+1|
    1d8 (12)
    |
    --

Very Young|
    S
    |
    6d10+6 (39)
    |13|10|13|14|11|6|
    +6/+3
    |+8|+6|+5|+2|
    2d8 (14)
    |
    --

Young|
    M
    |
    9d10+18 (67)
    |17|12|15|16|13|8|
    +9/+12
    |+12|+8|+7|+4|
    4d8 (16)
    |
    --

Juvenile|
    M
    |
    12d10+36 (102)
    |19|12|17|16|13|8|
    +12/+16
    |+16|+11|+9|+5|
    5d8 (19)
    |
    --

Young Adult|
    M
    |
    15d10+60 (142)
    |21|14|19|18|15|10|
    +15/+20
    |+20|+13|+11|+7|
    6d8 (21)
    |

Adult|
    L
    |
    18d10+90 (189)
    |25|14|21|18|15|10|
    +18/+29
    |+24|+16|+13|+8|
    8d8 (24)
    |

Mature Adult|
    L
    |21d10+105 (220)|27|16|21|20|17|12|
    +21/+33
    |+28|+17|+15|+10|
    9d8 (25)
    |

Old|
    L
    |24d10+144 (276)|29|16|23|20|17|12|
    +24/+37
    |+32|+20|+17|+11|
    10d8 (28)
    |

Very Old|
    H
    |27d10+189 (337)|33|18|25|22|19|14|
    +27/+46
    |+36|+22|+19|+13|
    12d8 (30)
    |

Ancient|
    H
    |30d10+210 (375)|35|18|25|22|19|14|
    +30/+50
    |+40|+24|+21|+14|
    13d8 (32)
    |

Wyrm|
    H
    |33d10+264 (445)|37|20|27|24|21|16|
    +33/+54
    |+44|+26|+23|+16|
    14d8 (34)
    |

Great Wyrm|
    G
    |36d10+288 (486)|41|20|27|26|23|18|
    +36/+63
    |+47|+28|+25|+18|
    16d8 (36)
    |
    [/table]

Table: Coin Dragon Abilities by Age
    {table=head]Age|Speed|Init|AC|Special Abilities|Infuser Level|SR

Wyrmling|60 ft., fly 100 ft. (average)|+0|15 (+1 size, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14|Absorption, light fortification|--|--

Very Young|60 ft., fly 100 ft. (average)|+0|18 (+1 size, +7 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17|Body of useful items|--|--

Young|60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)|+1|21 (+1 Dex, +10 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 20|Medium fortification|--|--

Juvenile|60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)|+1|24 (+1 Dex, +13 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 23|Suggestion|1st|--

Young Adult|60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)|+2|28 (+2 Dex, +16 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 26|DR 5/bludgeoning|3rd|17

Adult|60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)|+2|30 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +19 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 28|Construct body|5th|20

Mature Adult|60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)|+3|34 (-1 Size, +3 Dex, +22 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 31|DR 10/bludgeoning|7th|23

Old|60 ft., fly 150 ft. (poor)|+3|37 (-1 Size, +3 Dex, +25 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 34|Mass suggestion|9th|26

Very Old|60 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy)|+4|40 (-2 Size, +4 Dex, +28 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 36|DR 15/bludgeoning|11th|28

Ancient|60 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy)|+4|43 (-2 Size, +4 Dex, +31 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 39|Mass charm monster|13th|30

Wyrm|60 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy)|+5|47 (-2 Size, +5 Dex, +34 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 42|DR 20/bludgeoning|15th|31

Great Wyrm|60 ft., fly 200 ft. (clumsy)|+5|48 (-4 Size, +5 Dex, +37 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 43|Dominate monster|17th|33[/table]

Combat
    Preferring to surprise intruders, coin dragons will lie still, looking like nothing more than an unguarded pile of treasure, until their prey has come within their reach. a coin dragon will take time to use suggestion on intruders (mass suggestion or mass charm monster for older coin dragons), usually to calm any wariness, and perhaps to put down their weapons while they look at all the shining treasure. It may try to pickpocket items from the particularly unobservant. A coin dragon will always take it’s prey by surprise if it can, opening it’s surprise round with either it’s breath weapon or a particularly relevant magic item. If things are looking grim, the coin dragon will try to absorb any close items before fleeing.

DM Note: A coin dragon is it's own treasure. All the coins and items used to make it in the Living Horde ritual spill into a pile upon the coin dragon's death, and are retrievable. This includes any items it has absorbed.

Breath Weapon (Su)
    A coin dragon has one type of breath weapon, a bludgeoning cone of coins. Creatures on the gound that fail their save against the breath weapon are knocked prone.

Absorption (Ex)
    As a standard action, a coin dragon can absorb one unattended magical item in it’s space into itself, gaining full use of the item.

Body of Useful Items (Ex)
    Any magical items that are part of the hoard are a part of the coin dragon. A very young coin dragon or older has full access to any magical item that makes up their body and can use or activate the item without issue. Any magical weapons add their enhancement bonus to the coin dragon’s attacks and any special abilities apply to all the dragon’s natural weapons. Any magical armor adds it’s enhancement bonus to the coin dragon’s AC and the dragon benefits from any special abilities of the armor. Enhancement bonuses don’t stack, so only the highest bonus would apply.

A creature may take a full-round action to attempt to pull an item free of the dragon’s body. The creature must make a successful grapple attempt against the coin dragon to pull the specified item from the coin dragon. If the coin dragon contains multiple items, there is a 30% chance that the wrong item will be retrieved.

Construct Body (Ex)
    An adult or older coin dragon is no longer subject to critical hits, subdual damage, death from massive damage, necromancy effects, or any spell or spell-like ability which allows a Fort save and does not also affect objects.

Other Spell-Like Abilities
    3/day - suggestion (juvenile or older); 1/day - mass suggestion (old or older), mass charm monster (ancient or older), dominate monster (great wyrm)

Skills
    Disguise, Move Silently, and Sleight of Hand are considered class skills for coin dragons.

Dragonforged Construct Subtype
    Spoiler
    Show
    A dragonforged construct is a new subtype of construct, a created being that captures the awesome might of dragons in an artificial form, the construct given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. Dragonforged constructs combine aspects of both constucts and dragons, as detailed below:

• 10-sided Hit Dice.
    • Base attack bonus equal to Hit Dice (as fighter).
    • Good Fortitude and Reflex saves.

Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2011-03-25 at 02:24 PM.