A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    Belated congratulations on reaching 100! This thread is one of the best things on GitP, and you are by far the best at making dragons. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks

Also now I have 100 dragons that I made by myself; and I need to update the OP because there's now 103 dragons, but I'm lazy right now. Might take a break from new dragons for a few days or a week or two (depends upon how much Salt, Ash, and Vaccuum develop unbidden), because I have something else in mind.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Dwarf in the Playground

The day he doesn't build a true dragon is coming.
    Et tu, Brute?

My home-brewed bootleg Homebrew

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

i just had a thought i would be intresting if one of the gems dragons unique focus is psicrystals
    only darkness is truly eternal

credit for avatar goes to vrythas

4. - Top - End - #814
    Dwarf in the Playground

A...psicrystal dragon, you mean?
    Et tu, Brute?

I tried to be reasonable and nice; but everybody wouldn't quit trying to turn every spellcaster into a Tier 1.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

ya sorta but the name should be some type of gem for it to be a gem dragon like opal or onyx or pearl stuff like that

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Torengath:

Nature
    Torengath is a paragon red dragon wyrmling. He could serve as a minor boss character (depending upon play style of PCs), a random encounter (if they are travelling through mountains even after Greater Teleport is available), or as a powerful guard in a temple of Tiamat.

Personality
    Merely three years old, this young dragon’s ambitions are already on the rise. Torengath sees himself as the perfection of the draconic form. He’s stronger, smarter, better than his siblings in every way and his power is great enough it has even attracted the eyes of Tiamat herself.

This has led to Torengath growing arrogant in ways and he is prone to overextension. While his personal power is immense he has not yet built up a strong follower base and his plans of expansion are overly ambitious leading him to spread his followers even more thinly.

Lair:
    Torengath lairs in an active volcano amidst several perilous and tall peaks. An enslaved dwarven village rests upon the foothill of the mountain, communication cut off by Torengath’s intermittent personal patrols, his early slaughter of most of their leaders as well as the entire clergy of the village, and his hill giant servants.

Allies:
    Torengath’s four clutch mates (red dragon wyrmlings) serve him, as does a tribe of hill giants. His lair is also home to a group of fire elementals, stranded from their native realm they have become companions to the red wyrmling and serve as guards. Finally there are several abashai, and a powerful kobold cleric of Tiamat that were sent to aid and guide him by the Mother of All Evil Dragons.

Appearance:
    Torengath has red scales, of a bright scarlet hue, and deep yellow eyes like gold with the smallest hint of brass. His body looks almost too perfect and statuesque, like a classical statue come to life. His every movement is one of fluidic grace, and his wings spread like a cloak of pyroclastic doom.

Tactics:
    Torengath’s tactics are as simple as they are limited. He prefers to attack on the wing, using his high speed. He is not above use of stealth, and in fact wears a ring of invisibility for this sole purpose although his skills at remaining hidden allow him to function full well without magical aid. Torengath will attack with a powerful bite attack as he passes a foe, occasionally strafing them with flames.

If Torengath has allies available he will fly into the enemy formation using Intimidate to cripple it and then use Haste to augment his allies before beginning the assault with his formidable array of natural weapons.

Hoard:
    Torengath’s hoard is great for a dragon of his age, especially if those items bestowed upon him by Tiamat and which he wears at all times are included. In addition to this combat gear (listed in his stats below) his hoard consists of:
    10,281 Gold Pieces
    17,080 Silver Pieces
    2028 Copper Pieces
    A mithral goblet inlaid with 12 onyxes worth 1800 GP
    A pair of dice carved from force dragon bone and studded with emeralds (worth 10000 GP)
    Various pieces of dwarven sculpture (worth a total of 12500 GP)
    An obsidian egg worth 800 GP.

Stats:
    Torengath; Male Paragon Wyrmling Red Dragon; Medium Dragon (Fire); CR: 19; HD: 7d12+154; Hp: 238; Init: +7; Speed: 120-ft, fly 450-ft (poor); AC: 58 (+7 Dex, +12 insight, +12 luck, +6 natural, +7 armor, +4 deflection), t 45, FF 51; BAB/Grapple: +7/+43*; Attack Bite +43 melee (1d8+31); Full Attack: Bite +43 melee (1d8+31), 2 claws +38 melee (1d6+25), 2 wings +38 melee (1d4+25); SA: Breath Weapon*, Spell-like Abilities; SQ: Fire Immunity, Cold Vulnerability, Cold Resistance 10, DR 13/epic, 3/-, SR 31, Fast Healing 20; Saves: Fort +29, Ref +27, Will +31; AL CE; Abilities: Str 32, Dex 25, Con 30, Int 25, Wis 25, Cha 26
    Skills: Appraise +25, Bluff +28, Diplomacy +32, Hide +22, Intimidate +35, Knowledge (Arcana) +27, Knowledge (Religion) +27, Listen +27, Move Silently +22, Sense Motive +29, Spot +27, Tumble +22, Use Magic Device +28.
    Skill Tricks: Never OutnumberedCSc.
    Languages: Draconic, Common, Infernal, Dwarven, Abyssal, Ignan, Terran, Auran.
    Feats: Fly-by Attack, Imperious CommandDotU, Awaken Spell-ResistanceDrac
    Epic Feats: Epic Will, Damage Reduction
    Gear: Mithril Fearsome Deathward Energy Immunity +3 Chainshirt Barding (43,100 GP), ring of protection +4 (32,000), cloak of resistance +5 (25,000), Ring of Invisibility (20000).
    Special Attacks:
    Breath Weapon (Su): Torengath’s breath weapon is a 30-ft cone of fire dealing 2d10+13 damage. A successful Reflex save DC 36 halves this damage.
    Spell-like Abilities: 3/day each (CL 15): Haste, See Invisibility, Greater Dispel Magic.

* Denotes something that is different than application of the template on a wyrmling red dragon actually provides.
    I added the luck bonus to attack rolls to grapple checks as well because otherwise it would get grappled (+18) too easily.
    I added the +13 to damage and save DC of its breath weapon (despite it explicitly saying this didn’t work that way) because otherwise that attack did absolutely nothing. Instead of almost nothing.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-05-04 at 01:42 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Sigorm

Nature
    Sigorm is a great wyrm iron rose dragon sorcerer. He could serve as a powerful force in the Unseelie Court, as usurper to the Unseelie Court or to both Seelie and Unseelie Courts, as rightful ruler of the Unseelie Court, all depending upon power level of fey courts in the game.

Personality
    Sigorm is a patient plotter who planned his rise to power for over a millennia. He is a cunning creature, not above a bit of vanity but careful of hubris. Sigorm is a calculating tyrant who moves pieces only as they need to be moved. He does nothing without being prepared, and hates to make haste. He disdains having to act directly, preferring to play the role of puppetmaster.

Lair:
    Sigorm’s lair is a great iron fortress amongst the unseelie woods. It is defended by a continuous ice storm, and permanent freezing fogs. Within this fog a dangerous maze of rosebushes surrounds the castle, their deadly long thorns dripping with supernatural venom. The castle itself abounds with booby traps for the unwary.

Allies:
    Sigorm’s network of allies, spies, and minions is too long to list. Hundreds, if not thousands, of unseelie creatures serve him. In addition he has made an alliance with Mephistopholes and may expect help from the archfiend’s diabolic legions, and possibly the avatar of the archfiend himself. He also employs a group of highly skilled changeling (Fiend Folio) mercenary-adventurers, ranging from 18th to 24th level. Evil air elemental, and ice paraelemental, creatures also find a home in his snow-swept fortress as do several frost giants.

Appearance:
    Sigorm appears like a dragon wrought from black metal. He wears a crown wrought of adamantine and jeweled with 3 star sapphires, and a frill that seems to be woven from the night sky itself is worn behind the two natural frills that run down his neck. Finger-less gloves cover his fore-claws, allowing his claws to stretch through for their deadly tasks. His movements seem sluggish and ungainly until he is ready for battle at which point he will show that he is able to move with a surprising grace not hinted by his great size. His eyes glow a bright red-yellow like the furnaces of hell, and his maw seems particularly beastly due to the effects of the bite of the werebear spell that he maintains upon himself at all times.

Tactics:
    Sigorm only truly fears disjunction or other means to remove his magical buffs. He enters combat already prepared with several persisted spells and is quite capable of melee combat. He uses quickened spells in combat, laying down fog which his persisted freedom of movement and his Storm Sight to ignore completely. Sigorm’s first task, though, is to use his persisted Greater Arcane Sight coupled with Quickened Mage’s Disjunction to wipe away any significant magical defenses. He will then lay waste, killing perceived casters first so that they cannot disjoin his own defensive spells. Before using his own breath weapon he will often use Persisted Breath Weapon Admixture once more to add a third energy type and bring the damage up to 72d8 (average 319 damage).

Sigorm prefers not to act personally, though, and only joins battle when things seem truly dire. He is more likely to act through agents, and even in a final confrontation is likely to be accompanied by at least one or two pit fiends and other powerful companions. Sigorm will also use a trap laden battlefield, forcing opponents to be careful of where they move. He prefers energy based traps as his own defensive magic renders him immune to their effects, but he recognizes that his opponents can resist such things as easily as he can.

Hoard: Sigorm’s personal gear would be a hoard to satisfy some wyrms, and his lair is a castle that would cost many hoards to produce, but his actual hoard is nothing to scoff at.
    Exactly 10,000,000 Copper Pieces make his “bed”.
    200,121 silver pieces lie atop.
    58,132 Gold Pieces
    6,872 Platinum Pieces
    150,000 GP worth of fey tapestries and paintings.
    120,000 GP worth of iron-work.

Stats:
    Sigorm; Male Great Wyrm Iron Rose Dragon Sorcerer 4; Gargantuan Dragon (Cold, Feytouched); CR: 28**; HD: 38d12+380 and 4d4+40 (+128); Hp: 682 (810); Init: +6; Speed: 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy); AC: 72 (-4 size, +9 Dex, +35 deflection, +6 armor, +7 natural, +2 insight, +7 monk’s belt), t 59, FF 63; BAB/Grapple: +40/+78; Attack Bite +67 melee touch (6d8+30 +2d6 cold); Full Attack: Bite +67 melee touch (6d8+30 +2d6 cold), 2 claws +62 melee (4d6+17), 2 wings +62 melee (2d6+17), and tail +62 melee (2d8+42); SA: Breath Weapon, Time Stop, Freezing Bite, Aura of Snow, Frightful Presence, Spellcasting; SQ: Cold Immunity, Fire Immunity, Sonic Immunity, Acid Immunity, Electricity Immunity, Enchantment Immunity, Fire Vulnerability, Storm Sight, See Invisibility, Alternate Form, Sense Lies, All-Seeing Eyes, Fast Ability Damage Healing, DR 20/magic and cold iron, SR 33, 50% miss chance (see invisibility + magic weapon reduces to 20%, ghost touch reduces to 20%, ghost touch + see invisibility reduces to 0%), mind blank, undead immunities; Saves: Fort +32, Ref +32, Will +35; AL LE; Abilities: Str 44 (60), Dex 22 (28), Con 30 (38), Int 24 (30), Wis 25 (31), Cha 34 (40)***
    Skills: Survival +22, Bluff +65, Sense Motive +67, Diplomacy +71, Disguise +30, Knowledge (Nature) +53, Knowledge (Arcana) +57, Spellcraft +59, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +53, Knowledge (the Planes) +53, Intimidate +67, Spot +65, Listen +53, Concentration +60, Use Magic Device +33.
    Languages: Draconic, Common, Infernal, Sylvan, Elven, Undercommon, Abyssal, Goblin.
    Feats: Extend Spell, Persist SpellCA, Quicken Spell, Accelerate MetamagicRotD, Practical Metamagic (Persist Spell)RotD, Twin SpellCA, Practical Metamagic (Quicken Spell)RotD. Blind-Fight (from Bite of the Werebear), Power Attack (from Bite of the Werebear).
    Epic Feats: Improved Metamagic x5, Epic Spellcasting, Spell Knowledge.
    Gear: Cloak of Charisma +6 and Resistance +5, Circlet of Persuasion and Intellect +6, Periapt of Wisdom +6, 2 Rings of Greater CounterspellsMiC (Greater Dispel Magic is currently in each of them), Gloves of Dexterity +6, Monk’s Belt, Orange Ioun Stone, Pale Green Ioun Stone, Luckstone. Inherent +3 to Str and +4 to Cha.
    Special Attacks:
    Breath Weapon (Su): Sigorm has two breath weapons. The first is a 60-ft cone of cold dealing 24d8 cold damage and 24d8 damage of another energy type chosen at the start of each day (Ref DC 44 halves). The latter is a 70-ft cone of pacification gas that causes any creature within the area to be unable to make hostile actions for 1d6 + 12 rounds (Will DC 44 negates); this ends for any creature that takes damage and is a mind-affecting effect.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Sigorm’s frightful presence affects creatures with 39 or less HD, and with a 360-ft range. Creatures which fail the 45 Will save are shaken for 4d6 rounds (panicked if they have 5 or less HD). A successful save grants immunity for 24 hours. Dragons are immune to this effect, but fey suffer a -4 on their saving throws.

Time Stop (Sp): 1/day; CL 18.

Aura of Snow (Su): Sigorm produces a 240-ft aura within which the temperature is always unearthly cold (as defined in Frostburn, approximately -60 degrees F), and there is a continuous flurry of heavy snow (as defined in Frostburn) within this aura. This snow vanishes 1 round after falling to the ground. As a free action 1/round Sigorm may suppress this ability, resume this ability, or reduce it to severe cold and regular snow.

Freezing Bite (Su): Sigorm’s bite attack deals 2d6 extra points of cold damage (included above). This increases to 4d6 on a critical hit. In addition a creature hit by Sigorm’s bite attack must make a DC 44 Fort save or suffer 2d6 cold damage each round for 40 rounds.

Special Qualities:
    Storm Sight (Ex): Sigorm suffers no penalties or reduction to vision due to inclement weather and can see through fog (including that created by magic spells and effects) and mist.

Alternate Form (Su): Sigorm may assume the shape of a medium or smaller humanoid, or a large or smaller animal 3 times per day. He rarely does so as in this form he loses the majority of his physical powers and defenses.

Sense Lies (Su): Sigorm can sense lies told nearby. This ability functions as the spell Discern Lies but the dragon does not need to concentrate on the effect, it is continuous, and applies to all creatures within 60-ft. The Will save to resist is DC 45.

Fast Ability Damage Healing (Su) Sigorm heals 1 point of ability damage per round; and 1 point of ability drain per minute.

All-Seeing Gaze (Su): Sigorm benefits from a continual clerical version of the True Seeing effect.

Spells: Caster Level 19.
    (spells cast/spells per day) Level: Spells Known.
    (2/6) 0 level: Prestidigitation*, Detect Magic*, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Cure Minor Wounds, Create Water, Dancing Lights, Purify Food and Drink, Mending
    (1/10) 1st: Speak with Animals*, Grease (DC 26), True Strike, Ray of Enfeeblement, Charm Person (DC 26)
    (2/10) 2nd: Wings of CoverRotD, WraithstrikeSC*, Scintillating Scales*, Glitterdust
    (9/9) 3rd: Greater Magic Fang* (x6), Greater Mage ArmorSC*, Speak with Plants*, Tongues*
    (1/9) 4th: Wings of FlurryRotD (DC 29), Charm Monster (DC 29), Freedom of Movement*, Solid Fog
    (1/9) 5th: Greater BlinkSC*, Contact Other Plane, Commune with Nature, Control Winds
    (6/9) 6th: Energy ImmunitySC* (x4), Bite of the WerebearSC*, Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Anticipate TeleportSC*
    (1/9) 7th: Greater Teleport, Planeshift, Greater Arcane Sight*
    (3/8) 8th: Mind Blank*, Veil of UndeathSC*, Moment of Prescience
    (2/6) 9th: Mage’s Disjunction, Breath Weapon AdmixtureSC*, Foresight*.
    *: Indicates a spell active on himself either through Persist Spell or 24 hour duration. They have been included in the stat bloc wherever appropriate.

**CR is an approximation. Optimization level can vary what level something should be a challenge greatly. Sigorm is fairly evilly designed, or at least I think so.

***Abilities before racial modifiers, and inherent modifiers: Str 13, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 14
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-05-04 at 01:43 PM.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I hate to say this, I've never been fond of the Paragon Creature template. It's slightly less absurd with a dragon than say a cat (adding the template to a cat was ridiculous and I ought to know since I made one). However the template doesn't add to grapple or a creature's breath weapon DC as you mentioned. What it tends to create is a glass cannon compared to a creature which is the appropriate CR (say a standard CR 19 red dragon mature adult with 24 HD).

How do you get Reflex save 36 for the breath weapon? 2d10 (DC 15) goes to 2d10+13 (DC 28) if you add +13 Luck bonus to the DC.

However, you also mis-applied the template to Torengath since it only should have 3 regular feats and one bonus feat. It does not qualify for Epic feats at 7 HD even with CR 19. To qualify for epic feats, a creature must have 21+ HD. See acquiring epic feats. Losing the epic feats really isn't a big deal. DR 3/- and +4 on Will saves isn't going to make or break this creature. You could go with a feat from Draconomicon: Awaken Frightful Presence or Quicken Breath or Clinging Breath. I think those are more interesting than even the epic feats that you gave it.

Since you use things are aren't open content (skill tricks from Complete Scoundrel for example) you should cite to them.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I hate to say this, I've never been fond of the Paragon Creature template. It's slightly less absurd with a dragon than say a cat (adding the template to a cat was ridiculous and I ought to know since I made one). However the template doesn't add to grapple or a creature's breath weapon DC as you mentioned. What it tends to create is a glass cannon compared to a creature which is the appropriate CR (say a standard CR 19 red dragon mature adult with 24 HD).
    Don't particularly like the template either, to tell the truth. I just thought it would be an interesting thing to see what it got.

How do you get Reflex save 36 for the breath weapon? 2d10 (DC 15) goes to 2d10+13 (DC 28) if you add +13 Luck bonus to the DC.
    Con modifier increase from the +15 Con from the template gives a +7 or +8 (depending upon initial Con score of the creature) to the DC.

However, you also mis-applied the template to Torengath since it only should have 3 regular feats and one bonus feat. It does not qualify for Epic feats at 7 HD even with CR 19. To qualify for epic feats, a creature must have 21+ HD. See acquiring epic feats. Losing the epic feats really isn't a big deal. DR 3/- and +4 on Will saves isn't going to make or break this creature. You could go with a feat from Draconomicon: Awaken Frightful Presence or Quicken Breath or Clinging Breath. I think those are more interesting than even the epic feats that you gave it.
    The Paragon Illithid has 2 epic feats in addition to the normal feats of an illithid in the errata for the ELH; and had 5 before hand. As it also lacks 21+ HD I figured the bonus feats from Paragon template could be Epic Feats possibly ignoring prerequisites. I think Quicken Breath would be more interesting, though, but Awaken Frightful Presence would be completely useless due to its 7 HD meaning that it would only affect 6 or less HD creatures.

Since you use things are aren't open content (skill tricks from Complete Scoundrel for example) you should cite to them.

Debby
    Yeah I was inconsistent about that. That should be a quick enough fix.

In conclusion, thanks .

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Asfagar the Hand of Tenebrous:
    Nature
    Asfagar is a Young Adult Soulshell Dragon. She is presented as the leader of a cult of Tenebrous, but could easily serve as an elite warrior in the service of such a cult or in the service of a cult of Orcus. Give him a tanar’ri rider and he could even serve as the mount of a medium-sized fiend. Possibly even the elite pet of a succubus dread necromancer.

As soulshell dragons draw heavily on the rules presented in Tome of Magic access to that resource is a necessity to run Asfagar.

Personality
    Asfagar is completely loyal to her “master” Tenebrous. He seeks to restore Orcus to the divine position of Tenebrous, raising the demon lord back to the position of godhood and power with which to threaten the entire multiverse. Asfagar has no personal ambitions, serving only as the perfect vessel for Tenebrous’s will, although even in the dragon something new is growing a desire and will for personal power. Where once she only wished to serve Tenebrous, and restore the dead god to full divinity, now she seeks to become Tenebrous’s right hand when Orcus is restored to her divine placement or perhaps even usurp Orcus as Tenebrous’s vessel in godhood.

Asfagar is rather detached, and unlikely towards emotional outburst. She is filled with a certain sad melancholy.

Lair:
    Asfagar’s lair is deep beneath the surface. It is at the heart of a series of catacombs under a prosperous human city; catacombs once held in highest sanctity that have fallen, through the actions of several cults and generations of neglect. The free-willed undead, and even cults of other dark gods, that make use of the upper catacombs serve as Asfagar’s natural defense system, weakening enemies before they can threaten the dragon directly. Asfagar’s lair is further defended by traps built by a group of kobold wights that serve him as their god and master. Furthermore demonic servants and priests can be found in quarters built into the catacombs. A secret passage from the catacombs leads to the surface some ways outside of town for when Asfagar or her servants see it as too dangerous to go the normal path.

Allies:
    Asfagar’s allies include a group of kobold wights, as well as a small cult dedicated to Tenebrous who provide aid in the form of animation of undead and defensive wards and spells. Finally several lower ranking fiends in the service of Orcus remain in Asfagar’s lair. These are the allies that she can easily call upon. It is possible for him to call upon an aspect (low CR version) of Orcus to her aid if she is given forewarning of a specific need.

In addition he is an ally to the cult of Orcus in the larger world, and could potentially call upon the aid of Tial, a dread necromancer succubus in Orcus’s servant, or even Il’barri, a marilith general subservient to the demon lord.

Appearance:
    The dragon appears a dull, flint black with eyes like inky pools. Two pairs of vaguely bull-like horns stretch upwards from its head, each horn connected with its mate by a frill of thin skin.

Tactics:
    Asfagar fights cloaked in deeper darkness, using it to gain a stealth advantage against her enemies. She sends her wights in to harry casters while she positions himself to unleash her breath weapon. Once she has released her ultimate attack she wades into melee, using Tenebrous’s Touch of the Void to empower her bite attacks. If her foes look sufficiently powerful she will even use her 1/day ability to perform Flicker to gain the chance of avoiding enemy attacks.

Hoard:
    As a soulshell dragon Asfagar has had little drive to gather a hoard, yet. her goals fixate around Tenebrous’s will to such an extent her hoard is mere scraps. It contains:
    54 Platinum Pieces
    672 Gold Pieces
    1234 Silver Pieces
    12 pieces of quartz worth 50 GP each.
    A +1 Battle-Axe.
    A scroll of Circle of Death
    A potion of inflict critical wounds.

Stats:
    Asfagar; Female Young Adult Soulshell Dragon; Large Dragon; CR: 11; HD: 17d12+68; HP: 178; Init: +0; Speed: 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor); AC: 24 (-1 size, +15 natural), t 9, FF 24; BAB/Grapple: +17/+27; Attack Bite +22 melee (2d6+6); Full Attack: Bite +22 melee (2d6+6), 2 claws +17 melee (1d8+3), 2 wings +17 melee (1d6+3), tail +17 melee (1d8+9); SA: Breath Weapon, Tenebrous AbilitiesToM; page 48; SQ: True Dragon traits, immunity to fear, slippery mind, detect vestige, soulbinding, bound one’s whispers, hasten vestige, empty vessel; Saves: Fort +16, Ref +12, Will +13; AL CE; Abilities: Str 23, Dex 10, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18.

Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +18, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (Arcana) +21, Knowledge (the Planes) +21, Knowledge (Religion) +21, Listen +21, Sense Motive +13, Spot +21.
    Languages: Draconic, Abyssal.
    Feats: Favored Vestige (Tenebrous), Rapid Vestige Recovery (Tenebrous), Heighten Breath, Maximize Breath, Clinging Breath, Quicken Breath.
    Gear:
    Special Attacks:
    Breath Weapon (Su): Asfagar has two breath weapons. The first is an 80-ft line of spiritual energy which deals 5d8 untyped damage; a Fort save DC 22 halves this damage. The second is a 40-ft cone of soul shriveling gas which deals 2 points of Wisdom damage; a Will save DC 22 halves this damage. Asfagar’s preferred breath weapon is a quickened, maximized, clinging version of her spiritual energy attacked fully heightened causing it to deal 40 damage (and 20 damage in the following round) with a Fort save DC of 26 for half as a swift action; doing so increases its recharge time to 1d4+13.
    Special Qualities:
    Soulbinding: Asfagar can bind vestiges as a 7th level binder. She always binds Tenebrous, though. Unlike a binder Asfagar, regardless of her EBL, does not gain access to more than one vestige at a time.

Detect Vestige (Sp): As the spell, from Tome of Magic, at-will with a CL of 7.

Bound One’s Whispers (Su): As long as Asfagar has a vestige bound she gains a +2 insight bonus to one of attack rolls, AC, or saving throws chosen when she makes the pact. Asfagar currently has saving throws chosen.

Empty Vessel (Su): Asfagar automatically fails binding checks. As such she is affected by Tenebrous’s influence and cannot act first in combat.

Hasten Vestige (Su): Asfagar recovers vestige abilities that would normally take 5 rounds to recover in 1d4 rounds instead. Due to her Rapid Vestige Recovery feat those abilities of Tenebrous recover in 1d4-1 rounds (minimum of 1 round) instead.

Undead: Asfagar controls two wights via the rebuke undead ability of Tenebrous. These wights accompany him at all times serving him in combat.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-05-04 at 10:16 PM.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

A question: Do people like the dragon stats I'm posting now? Or are they completely pointless and I should just return to making new types of true dragons?

As it is this shows how one can be built, gives an idea for using them in an adventure, and so forth, but I don't know if it is worth it.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #822
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    A question: Do people like the dragon stats I'm posting now? Or are they completely pointless and I should just return to making new types of true dragons?

As it is this shows how one can be built, gives an idea for using them in an adventure, and so forth, but I don't know if it is worth it.
    Keep it up these are interesting.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

13. - Top - End - #823
    Dwarf in the Playground

though i would like to see more gem dragon if your not making new dragon right now i would like to see diamond umbra prana and sublime dragon profiles

14. - Top - End - #824

Griffon

I'm still enjoying your work. I have to ask though, was the Twilight Dragon partially influenced by my Cold Iron Dragon?

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    I'm still enjoying your work. I have to ask though, was the Twilight Dragon partially influenced by my Cold Iron Dragon?
    Perhaps if you put a link to it here, we can compare them. At any rate I'd like a link just so I can admire your work.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    Keep it up these are interesting.
    Okay; though even these will slow down. I'm spending some of my D&D time reading a 2e book that is currently useful for the other project I wanted to start and am delaying to read the book that theoretically did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxsis View Post
    though i would like to see more gem dragon if your not making new dragon right now i would like to see diamond umbra prana and sublime dragon profiles
    I'll see about it; the problem being that epic dragons take a lot longer to build than non-epic ones. Although a great wyrm umbra dragon would be fairly easy (all spells = no spells).

Mostly it was influenced by being stuck in a car for a few hours with nothing to do; and then helping my little brother walk his dog and waiting 5+ minutes as it sat still and ate grass (that's when I figured out what it's counterspell ability actually did). I remember looking at your dragon last year so it's possible, but I doubt it (partially because I don't remember much except doesn't it deal damage as cold iron?). Is it an anti-magic dragon? Those seem to be one of the themes I return to a lot, and what Twilight Dragon ultimately ended up being (despite originally having been Balance of the 9 Alignments the dragon).

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #827
    Dwarf in the Playground

I can see eventually that you're gonna start making draconic items.

For now, though, I love these more personally designed dragons you're building. Have you tried building the lowest CR dragon enemy possible that's still interesting with your current list of dragons?
    Et tu, Brute?

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Vishk
    Nature
    Vishk is a wyrmling bellum dragon. Due to his limited mental capabilities he could easily be a mere attack pet for a larger villain, but is presented as a boss encounter for 2nd or 3rd level PCs using his goblin minions and canyon home to fill the dungeon. Vishk could even be used as a random encounter for low to low-mid level PCs.

Bellum dragons draw heavily on the Tome of Battle, but as they have no abilities which draw on it, or interact with it in any way until Juvenile, Vishk can be used as presented without access to that book or the rules therein.

Personality
    Vishk is only learning his powers. The goblins serve him, but he does not fully trust them after their previous leader attempted to manipulate and use him. For now he is satisfied by the tribute they pay him, and what he gains from raiding nearby human settlements with their backing. He is primitive and barbaric in his mentality but not completely unreasonable. For proper tribute he will spare travellers he encounters, and should PCs simply encounter him travelling through his territory they could most likely pay him off with gold or weapons and armor which he seems to value highly.

Vishk does enjoy killing, though, which means that simple murder is enough of a reason for him to do so unless they appeal to his sense of vanity and greed.

Lair:
    Vishk’s lair is in a cavern beneath a goblin village. The village is situated alongside the walls of a canyon, providing defense from two directions and only a narrow (20-ft wide) passage for invaders along the other two. The cavern is mostly a serious of thin, winding tunnels leading to Vishk’s hoard allowing him to take advantage of its walls to pin adventurers as their own team-mates, or his goblinoid allies, cut off their retreat. The tunnel’s floor is covered in loose rubble and stones making it difficult terrain; a tactical decision made by the goblin adept.

Allies:
    Vishk’s allies are a tribe of goblins now under his control. Their previous leader attempted to enslave the dragon, but such an attempt proved disastrous and Vishk took control of the tribe although administrative authority still resides in its head shaman (an adept). Should the tribe be attacked the adept will send his (raven) familiar to Vishk to call the dragon to their aid.

Appearance:
    Vishk’s scales are dull yellow-brown, and his red eyes squint from deep set sockets. Spikes cover his chest and legs, as well as running down his tail. Four hornlets adorn his snout, even as another set of 6, in two rows of 3, run down the underside of his mouth. He walks on six legs, using the front four all for combat.

His body is about 3’ 8” long, with a neck reaching another 1’ 7” and a tail 2’ 9” long. He stands 2’ 1” tall, and as broad as he is tall.

Tactics:
    Vishk’s tactics are fairly simple: Full Attack the enemy. He will go after the most powerful looking foe first, as he has yet to learn the danger of magic, and will use Entangling Exhalation early to limit his enemy’s movements while he positions for a full-attack. The Stand Still feat allows him to prevent movement with AoOs, which when coupled with a wall to prevent direct flight allows him to hopefully get off a very deadly full attack routine.

He will make few truly flying attacks, but instead use his flight speed to move over difficult terrain and position himself, landing at the end of the action as he is unlikely to make use of enough fly speed to stay in the air should he end his movement without landing.

Hoard: Vishk’s hoard is as of yet rather small, but he is actively attempting to increase it whether through tribute or raiding. He has a special place in his draconic heart for weapons and armor, and the set of full-plate armor is currently in its composite pieces as he uses the armor as his personal bed.
    Tea Kettle (worth 4 GP).
    1,255 Copper Pieces
    1,137 Silver Pieces
    Masterwork Silvered Greatsword
    Set of chain mail barding (large, horse)
    12 longswords
    Set of Full-Plate Armor
    10 Cold Iron Arrows
    Set of wooden cups and plates (1 GP).

Stats:
    Vishk; Male Wyrmling Bellum Dragon; Small Dragon; CR: 4; HD: 6d12+6; HP: 45; Init: +0; Speed: 80-ft, fly 100-ft (average); AC: 18 (+1 size, +7 natural), t 11, FF 18; BAB/Grapple: +6/+11; Attack Bite +11 melee (1d6+4); Full Attack: Bite +11 melee (1d6+4), 4 claws +9 melee (1d4+2); SA: Breath Weapon; SQ: True Dragon traits, immunity to fire, spiked body; Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +3; AL CE; Abilities: Str 19, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 6, Wis 7, Cha 6.

Skills: Intimidate +6, Listen +7, Sense Motive +7, Spot +7.
    Languages: Draconic, Goblin
    Feats: Entangling ExhalationRotD, Multiattack, Stand StillXPS.
    Special Attacks:
    Breath Weapon (Su): Vishk has a single breath weapon, a 20-ft cone of fire dealing 2d8 damage (Reflex save, DC 14 for half).
    Special Qualities:
    Spiked Body: Any creature grappling Vishk takes 1d8+2 damage each round from the spikes that cover his body.

Adaptation: To increase Vishk's power level you could replace Stand Still with Travel DevotionComplete Champion. This would give him swift action movement to practically ensure a full attack each round.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #829
    Pixie in the Playground

I demand a Kellus Truenamer Dragon.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Paragon Illithid has 2 epic feats in addition to the normal feats of an illithid in the errata for the ELH; and had 5 before hand. As it also lacks 21+ HD I figured the bonus feats from Paragon template could be Epic Feats possibly ignoring prerequisites. I think Quicken Breath would be more interesting, though, but Awaken Frightful Presence would be completely useless due to its 7 HD meaning that it would only affect 6 or less HD creatures.
    I think the Paragon Illithid is a bad example because it looks like WotC didn't even follow their own rules. It looks like they used CR for assigning feats rather than HD, which was a mistake on their part. I so wish John Cooper had reviewed this on on Enworld.org. He would have explained it so much better than I ever could.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

I think the Paragon Illithid is a bad example because it looks like WotC didn't even follow their own rules. It looks like they used CR for assigning feats rather than HD, which was a mistake on their part. I so wish John Cooper had reviewed this on on Enworld.org. He would have explained it so much better than I ever could.

Debby
    I think they didn't really bother to follow the rules either. Technically the errata on the template seems to indicate it should now only grant 1 bonus epic feat. I finally decided it was bonus feats from an epic template so that as bonus feats they RAW don't actually have to fulfill the prerequisites and it wouldn't be breaking things to make them epic feats especially since that seems to have been the RAI of the template (especially post errata it seems to be the RAI).

Really though he could be just about as strong if they weren't epic feats (-2 to Will saves and -1 to DR).

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #832

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    Perhaps if you put a link to it here, we can compare them. At any rate I'd like a link just so I can admire your work.
    Mostly it was influenced by being stuck in a car for a few hours with nothing to do; and then helping my little brother walk his dog and waiting 5+ minutes as it sat still and ate grass (that's when I figured out what it's counterspell ability actually did). I remember looking at your dragon last year so it's possible, but I doubt it (partially because I don't remember much except doesn't it deal damage as cold iron?). Is it an anti-magic dragon? Those seem to be one of the themes I return to a lot, and what Twilight Dragon ultimately ended up being (despite originally having been Balance of the 9 Alignments the dragon).
    Yes, the Cold Iron Dragon did have anti-magic as a theme and yes, it did deal damage as cold iron.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, the Cold Iron Dragon did have anti-magic as a theme and yes, it did deal damage as cold iron.
    Okay, I'd forgotten a lot about this one, it was pretty neat. I like the combination of ToB and Anti-magic abilities (I'm surprised I haven't done that yet). But nah, I just like anti-mage dragons it seems a rather natural evolution (there's at least 3 on the thread now, maybe more). One of the ones I'd made before ever signing up on the forums (the 1st four in the thread) was actually anti-mage. And Twilight Disjunction just comes from an idea to fix Mage's Disjunction into a usable form (the complaint being that it either destroys your treasure if you use it, and destroys your gear if your opponents use it), though I can't claim to be original in that idea since I've seen it put forth on these forums a few times.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I think they didn't really bother to follow the rules either. Technically the errata on the template seems to indicate it should now only grant 1 bonus epic feat. I finally decided it was bonus feats from an epic template so that as bonus feats they RAW don't actually have to fulfill the prerequisites and it wouldn't be breaking things to make them epic feats especially since that seems to have been the RAI of the template (especially post errata it seems to be the RAI).

Really though he could be just about as strong if they weren't epic feats (-2 to Will saves and -1 to DR).
    I didn't see anything in the errata about feats. All I could find was that SR is changed to CR +25 and CR is changed to Base Creature +15 in the errata. Is there another errata that I missed? The online SRD has the corrections already.

The Epic Level Handbook states, "Feats: Same as base creature plus two bonus feats." I suppose you could give it epic feats that way. Although it is difficult to tell which are the bonus feats since WotC didn't list them. Also, the ELH was written as 3.0 so the number of feats is often wrong for 3.5. Under 3.0, the number feats were up to the designer so some monsters have too many and some have too few for 3.5.

This is another reason I was so angry for WotC for going to 4e before 3.5 was finished. Too many books were left hanging when they should have been updated.

Enough about the paragon creature template, let me just say I love how you are writing all these incredible dragons.

Debby

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't see anything in the errata about feats. All I could find was that SR is changed to CR +25 and CR is changed to Base Creature +15 in the errata. Is there another errata that I missed? The online SRD has the corrections already.

The Epic Level Handbook states, "Feats: Same as base creature plus two bonus feats." I suppose you could give it epic feats that way. Although it is difficult to tell which are the bonus feats since WotC didn't list them. Also, the ELH was written as 3.0 so the number of feats is often wrong for 3.5. Under 3.0, the number feats were up to the designer so some monsters have too many and some have too few for 3.5.

This is another reason I was so angry for WotC for going to 4e before 3.5 was finished. Too many books were left hanging when they should have been updated.

Enough about the paragon creature template, let me just say I love how you are writing all these incredible dragons.

Debby
    The 3.5 update handbook which at least used to be downloadable from WotC fixed the number of feats on all creatures from ELH, MMII, Deities and Demigods, Manual of the Planes, and maybe another one (Fiend Folio was already using 3.5 feats). As opposed to the actual errata which I got off WotC long ago and never actually looked at till now (they're in the same folder).

And thanks; your comments and critiques are always useful

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Kalpha:
    Nature
    Kalpha is a mature adult maleficence dragon. Due to her limited magical capabilities she could easily be a mere attack beast for a larger villain, but is presented as a boss encounter for 12th level PCs. Vishk could even be used as a random encounter for high level PCs.

Maleficence dragons draw heavily on the Heroes of Horror, and as presented require that book to be used.

Personality
    Kalpha is a murderous, hateful creature with no redeeming qualities, save for her twisted love of the vampire Ardioch. Kalpha is beyond merely murderous a terrible sadist that enjoys slowly destroying the mind and souls of captive foes, watching as depravity brings insanity to them. Kalpha takes pleasure in killing, and has been making raids on a nearby community simply for captives to torture to death. Even Kalpha’s minions are not completely safe,

Lair:
    Kalpha’s lair is an old temple of Pelor (or equivalent deity) that was built in the wilds several miles outside of town. Due to the dragon’s profane acts and long inhabitation the entire complex is tainted causing possible corruption and depravity increase (taint see Heroes of Horror page 62) as is the surrounding area. It’s entirely possible that this taint has even reached the town’s water supply risking damaging the inhabitants indirectly via increase in corruption. There are two entrances to Kalpha’s lair. The original entrance, now far too small for the dragon, and the entrance the dragon and its minions have made that leads outside through a large secret door in a nearby hill.

Both entrances are guarded by various undead and traps, many of which also serve to heal the undead guards (Mass Inflict Serious Wounds is a possibility).

Allies:
    Kalpha’s allies are primarily undead; many of which are under her control via Control Undead spells. Living minions do not remain thus for long, as the kobold ghouls that now serve her can attest after her betrayal led to a ghoul decimating their population. Her most important ally is the vampire Ardioch, once a cleric of Pelor of some high standing he was turned into an undead creature decades ago and now serves Nerull. Kalpha has decided to take him as her “lover” and the two share a twisted romance. Ardioch is responsible for the construction of many of the traps that fill the lair, as well as the initial animation of many of the undead creatures. I’d suggest for him to be a 13th level cleric, in addition to being a vampire, and could easily be fought alongside Kalpha for a more dangerous confrontation (EL 17.5).

It is highly possible for Kalpha to have allies in her own children; either Half-Maleficence Dragon Half-Vampire Humans (too many templates) that were sired with Ardioch, or else full blooded maleficence dragons from before their union. They should be no older than Adult (assuming normal draconic aging; it’s highly possible for you to rule that exceptional dragons might advance through age categories faster than normal dragons as that is about the only way to explain draconic PCs actually advancing as dragons), and would probably do best to be Young Adults as that places them still young enough that they might hide under their mother’s aegis but also powerful enough that they might could fight alongside their CR 16 mum. 3 CR 11 Young Adult maleficence dragons added to an encounter with Ardioch and Kalpha would raise the EL to 18, or if added to an encounter of Kalpha alone would raise the EL to 17.

Appearance:
    Kalpha’s body is covered in bone white scales. Her eyes glow a ghostly blue, and the sunken aspect of her face coupled with its color gives the impression of a terrible draconic skull. She lacks lips, her draconic fangs being completely uncovered like the teeth of a skull, and her breath condescends in front of her face giving her an even more sinister appearance. Her spine is visible across her back, although her ribs are covered in rippling draconic muscle. On either shoulder is a large natural pauldron upon which several humanoid faces are visible, the souls of those sealed within her draconic flesh visible across her scales.

She wears a black and silver cloak of charisma, originally designed for a humanoid, as well as an amulet of health carved from troll bone. On her forelimbs she wears a pair of blue colored bracers (of armor and resistance).

Tactics:
    Kalpha will attempt to keep False Life active at all times outside of combat giving her another 1d10+7 hp (not much but still something). In addition there is a chance she will also have a darkness spell active, giving her a measure of concealment. Finally she is likely to be holding a charge of Inflict Serious Wounds at the start of a combat adding an additional 3d8+7 damage (average +20.5; DC 18 Will save halves this bonus damage) to her first bite attack; although if she casts another spell before making this attack it is wasted.

It is also possible for her to hide her monstrous nature for some time, even joining the PCs by mixing amongst her captives as a young child of the appropriate race. If she does so she will most likely strike at the PCs when they are resting. It is highly possible for some of her children to use this tactic if their mother does not.

Hoard: Kalpha’s hoard is one built largely of old regalia of holy sites, nor desecrated. All worth assumes that the desecration of the goods is removed (simple enough, all it requires is 24 hours within a consecrated area) first. Until that point all items are tainted in some way; dealing 1 point of Corruption or Depravity for each 1000 GP worth of goods carried each day.
    5,328 Gold Pieces
    790 Platinum Pieces
    Golden Holy Symbol of Pelor with Ruby Eyes (worth 2250 GP to the church of Pelor); due to its current desecration it appears dull and cannot be used to repel vampires or as a divine focus.
    Ephod of Authority
    +1 Holy Undead Bane Morningstar
    Set of 4 celestial tiger hide bound prayer books of Pelor; paper coming from rare trees found only on Elysium (worth 3000 GP for whole set to church of Pelor; 600 each if sold separately).
    Pelorian bishop’s ring; a silver ring inlaid with a signet based off of Pelor’s holy symbol (worth 300 GP; 1000 GP to church of Pelor)
    600 GP worth of Incense
    Tapestry depicting legendary Pelorian arch-bishop defeating an Abyssal Prince (worth 1100 GP)
    Golden goblet inscribed with sun discs of Pelor and depictions of religious scenes (sell price 1500 GP; also purifies any drink place within it; 1000 GP of value purely due to artistic purposes).

Stats:
    Kalpha; Female Mature Adult Maleficence Dragon; Huge Dragon (Evil); CR: 16; HD: 23d12+115 (+23); HP: 264 (287); Init: +0; Speed: 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor); AC: 34 (-2 size, +23 natural, +3 armor), t 8, FF 34; BAB/Grapple: +23/+39; Attack Bite +29 melee (2d8+9, and 2 points of corruption); Full Attack: Bite +29 melee (2d8+9, and 2 points of corruption), 2 claws +29 melee (2d6+4, and 1 points of corruption), 2 wings +29 melee (1d8+4), tail +29 melee (2d6+13); Face/Reach: 15-ft/10-ft (15-ft bite); SA: Breath Weapon, tainted bite, tainted claws, babble of the damned, frightful presence, fear aura, spellcasting; SQ: True Dragon traits, deathward, see in darkness, change shape, DR 10/magic, SR 23; Saves: Fort +22, Ref +16, Will +20; AL CE; Abilities: Str 27, Dex 10, Con 21 (23), Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 21 (23).

Skills: Diplomacy +34, Intimidate +32, Knowledge (Arcana) +30, Knowledge (Local) +30, Knowledge (Religion) +30, Knowledge (the Planes) +30, Listen +30, Sense Motive +30, Spot +30, Use Magic Device +32.
    Languages: Draconic, Common, Abyssal, Orc, Giant
    Feats: Ability Focus (Babble of the Damned), Heighten BreathDrac, Quicken BreathDrac, Maximize BreathDrac, Multiattack, Greater MultiattackDrac, Ability Focus (Fear Aura), Stand StillXPH
    Gear: Cloak of Charisma +2, Amulet of Health +2, Bracers of Armor and Resistance +3
    Special Attacks:
    Breath Weapon (Su): Kalpha has a single breath weapon a 100-ft line of spirit rending energy. This line deals 14d6 damage to all living creatures and sentient undead within its area, and gives them 3 depravity (taint; see Heroes of Horror page 62). A successful Will save (DC 27) halves this damage and negates the taint. A creature killed by Kalpha’s breath weapon has its soul consumed and cannot be revived until the dragon is slain; even then they are revived with Moderate Corruption and Depravity (taint see Heroes of Horror page 62) unless they had higher taint already. Kalpha’s preferred means of using this breath is by applying all her metabreath feats on it at once and performing it as a swift action which deals 84 damage and 3 depravity with a save DC of 33; if she does so her breath takes 1d4+13 rounds to recharge instead of the normal 1d4 rounds.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Kalpha’s frightful presence is augmented by her fear aura (see below). When she makes a hostile action (roaring, charging, attacking, breath weapon) all enemies within 210-ft with 22 or less hit dice which can see her must make a DC 29 Will save or be frightened for 4d6 rounds; if they have 5 or less hit dice they are cowered for 1d4 rounds and then panicked for 4d6 rounds. In an anti-magic field this ability is reduced to DC 26 Will save and shaken for 4d6 rounds (panicked for 4d6 rounds against 5 HD or less targets).

Fear Aura (Su): Kalpha radiates a fear aura that augments her Frightful Presence. Should a creature be vulnerable to frightful presence see the details for that ability above. Should a creature be immune to frightful presence (but not fear effects) they still must make a DC 29 Will save, but on a failure they are only shaken for 4d6 rounds (panicked for 4d6 rounds against 5 HD or less targets).

Tainted Bite (Su): Kalpha’s bite attack carries corruption (included in stat bloc above). Whenever she successfully hits with a bite attack the target takes 2 points of corruption (taint see Heroes of Horror page 62) unless they succeed at a DC 27 Fort save. Even on a successful save they still take 1 point of corruption. A creature killed by Kalpha’s bite has its soul consumed and cannot be revived until the dragon is slain; even then they are revived with Moderate Corruption and Depravity (taint see Heroes of Horror page 62) unless they had higher taint already.

Tainted Claws (Su): Kalpha’s claw attack carries corruption (included in stat bloc above). Whenever she successfully hits with a claw attack the target takes 1 points of corruption (taint see Heroes of Horror page 62) unless they succeed at a DC 27 Fort save. A creature killed by Kalpha’s claw attack has its soul consumed and cannot be revived until the dragon is slain; even then they are revived with Moderate Corruption and Depravity (taint see Heroes of Horror page 62) unless they had higher taint already.

Babble of the Damned (Su): The faces on Kalpha’s shoulder chatter and moan out their pain and agony. Any creature within 60-ft of Kalpha must make a DC 28 Will save or suffer 3 points of depravity and be dazed for 1 round as intense feelings of suffering and mental agony sweep over them. A successful save negates both effects. On a failure or success that creature is immune to this ability for 24 hours. Kalpha can suppress this ability as a free action, or reactivate it as a free action, 1/round.

Special Qualities

Deathward (Ex): Kalpha is immune to any effect deathward protects against.

Change Shape (Su): Kalpha can assume the form of a child of any 1 or less HD humanoid race (includes most PC races).

Spells: Kalpha casts spells as a 7th level dread necromancer. For her advanced learning I’d suggest either Kelgor’s Grave MistPHBII or Lesser Shivering TouchFrostburn.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of curiosity, are you familiar with Alagaësian Dragons?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you familiar with Alagaësian Dragons?
    Googles...

Eragon?

I read the first one in a few hours, but otherwise no. Seemed like fairly standard fantasy dragons; kind of a mix of the ones from Dragonlance and A Wizard of Earth Sea.

Why?

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

Never mind. I think I might try making 'em, then.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #840
    Firbolg in the Playground

If it is possible can I request the following types of Dragons?

Spoiler
    Show

Each one lives in a different environment so here are the environments.
    1. Marsh dwelling (Swamp or Jungle Either is good)
    2. Plain Dwelling (Maybe with heavy resistance to magic with barely any magic powers)
    3. Ruins Dwelling

I realise its three dragons not one so I might be asking a bit much. Also can they not be psionic as I don't have any of the psionic books.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png