New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: 3+ (now more than 10) New Dragons (apparently taking requests)

It's... it's...

Simply glorious. There is a way to destroy continents as a full-round action. I can die happy now.

Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Three+ New Dragons (apparently taking requests)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I might should look at some of the other martial initiating dragons then. I think DracoDei made one (or I've seen one and I associate it with him, but he might just have posted on it)
    That would be me.

Anyway, I really appreciate what you're doing. I like dragons and they take a lot of effort to make.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

@The Tygre:
    Thanks

I felt a little bad about the continent destruction ability since it's pretty much DM fiat to destroy whatever in the world they want given actual rules which can lead to broken, broken things (Pun Pun), but I figured it can't be gated, is beyond shapechange, and can only be copied with epic level powers that could already be used to destroy the world however you like.

I almost listed "pull down the moon" as one of its options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    That would be me.

Anyway, I really appreciate what you're doing. I like dragons and they take a lot of effort to make.
    Ah sorry I couldn't remember for sure who made it and didn't know the name or where to find it on the forum. I'll have to look at it again, I remember it was pretty neat.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

I have a rather stupid idea. Meta Dragons.

Spoiler
    Show

These are, put simply, robot dragons. The idea is that they're magical living constructs along the vein of the warforged, except far more advanced, in the way that they are able to self-evolve and self-replicate. I think they grow by consuming items, preferably magic ones, and the energy inside them transmutes the material into something usable by the meta dragon's body. By the time that they age, they are assumed to have eaten enough to grow their construct body. Think magical digestion. I see their alignment being MOSTLY Lawful Neutral.

Reproduction is done through magically consumed materials being made into metal eggs. Meta dragons spit this out. The egg transforms (robots in disguise!) over time into a meta dragon wyrmling, and the cycle repeats itself.

This might be me, but I see their breath weapon as either a burst of energy (shoop da whoop) or a cone of sonic.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2010-09-27 at 10:07 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    I have a rather stupid idea. Meta Dragons.
    Not a stupid idea at all; although before I got half-way through I was trying to figure out how to stat their car forms. I think I reached the self-replicating part before my brain derailed into Transformers.

Me Grimlock not kisser, me Grimlock king!

Edit: to clarify I intend to start on these but I'm currently working on a different type and my nature demands I finish them first.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 10:23 AM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Brrrrrrr...... rrrrrrrRRRRRUGH! *shivers*
    That taint dragon. Is. Just. Plain. Scary.

I would NOT want to meet one face to face(s). The fact that it's birth binds two freshly departed souls into eternal torment is just....

I swear, your not the only one who heard coincidental screaming. Or, wailing in my case, as I was reading the tables. very freaky, but it must have been the washing machine making those noises.

You, sir, have topped lovecraftian horror with this. congratulations.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

You praise me too much

Edit: Can I sig this part
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort
    You, sir, have topped lovecraftian horror with this. congratulations.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 10:31 AM.

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Speaking of said horrific Maleficious Dragon, can I request an SS progression please? It seems like an interesting mob to play

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Speaking of said horrific Maleficious Dragon, can I request an SS progression please? It seems like an interesting mob to play
    I'm glad you like it but that will probably take a while. Assigning LA is difficult (thankfully Maleficence Dragon doesn't have too many strange abilities that are directly useful) and I don't know what all PCs can do with a fixed taint score. Making a SS progression is actually probably more time consuming than making the original dragon because official dragons are very formulaic (Natural Armor of B+3X, HD of C+3X, breath weapon deals 1 or 2XdY, DR at young adult and ever 2 age categories afterward, etc; X = age category) and most of these follow the formula without much variation meaning the concept is the hardest part. Due to LA and breaking things across levels SS progressions are actually more difficult. Also I don't have my Dragon mags that have the SS progressions for all 10 MM dragons with me (those would be very useful in this situation), so it will probably end up waiting till after Fall Break. Which means it might be done just in time for Halloween.

At a glance I'd probably say a wyrmling wouldn't have LA (or maybe have a +1) in a game I was DMing, or it's flat out better than a green wyrmling (5 HD and +5 LA ) but worse than a red wyrmling (7 HD and +4 LA; if you lower the LA to +1 it's roughly tier 3 or 4), probably most comparable with a blue wyrmling (6 HD and +4 LA, strictly better than green except in a highly aquatic campaign) and then I'd have to figure out higher levels.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

How confuddling. Well, don't bother then. I'll see if I can't get a wyrmling version as a pet or a familiar or something

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Argentum Dragon
    Dragon (Cold)
    Environment: Temperate and Warm Mountains (interesting note: Fluff says red and silver dragons dwell in the same territory and often fight; environment entry lists them in different climates).
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, or old: solitary, pair, or family (2-5); very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, family (2-5), or enclave (1 very old+ dragon, and 2-4 younger dragons with the possibility of another 4-10 juvenile or younger dragons).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 4; very young 5; young 6; juvenile 8; young adult 10; adult 12; mature adult 15; old 17; very old 19; ancient 20; wyrm 21; great wyrm 23
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always lawful (any)

Argentum dragons are not a natural race, but instead were created by red dragons to serve as servitors and guardians protecting the lairs of their masters while the red dragons went forth to pillage and plunder. They were creating by the red dragon sorcerer Akchelaz with the aid of 5 priests of Tiamat, one of each of the 5 main breeds of abashai, and 5 silver dragon eggs all from the same clutch. It took him three generations of tampering (and several more generations of priests, those soft-fleshed bipedal races live such short lives) before he finally had shaped the new race. The first generation was too powerful, free willed and intelligent almost escaping Akchelaz’s control, the second was dumber but still powerful enough to challenge Akchelaz, but the third was relatively weak and docile and these Akchelaz allowed to mature.

When Akchelaz entered his twilight, in a fit of madness he came upon a plan to sacrifice his argentums servants to fuel his transcendence into godhood. Although only 2 of the original 3rd generation had survived they, along with their children and descendants Akchelaz had not done away with, rebelled and in a long battle deep underground they managed to kill the senile dragon, although only a few survived that great battle. These argentums dragons spread out in Akchelaz’s old domain and later throughout the world carving what niches they could amongst the more powerful red and silver dragons.

Argentum dragons look in many ways similar to the silver dragons from which they were formed. They have several similar identifiers in their head and face: similar overall structure, a highly reflective nose plate, a pointed tongue, and two long smooth silver pointing horns. There frill is smaller, beginning further back on the head and without the black tips to the spine that form nodes, and their two large horns are a pristine white-silver throughout without black tips. Their general body structure is also reminiscent of silver dragons, with their wings ending in two alar phalanges like those of silver dragons. Argentum dragons also share some traits with their red dragon creator, notably external ear frills and hornlets under their chins. They differ from both in being stockier with a larger proportional body to wings, tail, and neck, and wider feet.

Argentum dragons are highly loyal and social for dragons; more likely than other dragons to be found in family groups and even extended families have been reported as working together. As a result of their creation as guardians argentum dragons are miserly even by draconic standards, and prone to xenophobic paranoia and distrust. Argentum dragons can be quite merciless at times, although they are more likely to be apathetic towards others than hostile. Argentum dragons are willing to work with, or even for, others unlike most dragons and can sometimes be found hired to guard wizards’ towers, castles, or even merchant caravans.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 6d12+6 (45 hp) 13 10 13 8 11 8 6/3 8 6 5 5 2d6 14 -
    Very Young M 9d12+18 (76 hp) 15 10 15 8 11 8 9/11 11 8 6 6 4d6 16 -
    Young M 12d12 + 24 (102 hp) 17 10 15 10 11 10 12/15 15 10 8 8 6d6 18 -
    Juvenile L 15d12+45 (142 hp) 19 10 17 10 13 12 15/23 18 12 9 10 8d6 20 -
    Young Adult L 18d12+72 (189 hp) 23 10 19 12 13 12 18/28 23 15 11 12 10d6 23 20
    Adult H 21d12+105 (241 hp) 27 10 21 12 13 12 21/37 27 17 12 13 12d6 25 21
    Mature Adult H 24d12+120 (276 hp) 29 10 21 12 15 14 24/41 31 19 14 16 14d6 27 24
    Old H 27d12+162 (337 hp) 31 10 23 14 15 14 27/45 35 21 15 17 16d6 29 25
    Very Old H 30d12+180 (375 hp) 33 10 23 16 17 16 30/49 39 23 17 20 18d6 31 28
    Ancient G 33d12+231 (445 hp) 35 10 25 18 19 18 33/57 41 25 18 22 20d6 33 30
    Wyrm G 36d12+288 (522 hp) 37 10 27 18 19 18 36/61 45 28 20 24 22d6 36 32
    Great Wyrm G 39d12+312 (565 hp) 39 10 27 20 21 20 39/65 49 29 21 26 24d6 37 34

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR CL
    Wyrmling 60-ft, fly 100-ft (average), climb 30-ft +0 18 (+1 size, +7 natural) DR 5/magic, Cold Immunity, Fire Vulnerability - -
    Very Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 20 (+10 natural) See Invisibility, Alternate Form - -
    Young 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 23 (+13 natural) DR 5/adamantine and magic - -
    Juvenile 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 25 (-1 size, +16 natural) Blindsight 60-ft - -
    Young Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 28 (-1 size, +19 natural) DR 10/adamantine and magic 18 1st
    Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 30 (-2 size, +22 natural) Spell Channeling Bite, True Seeing 19 3rd
    Mature Adult 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 33 (-2 size, +25 natural) DR 15/adamantine and magic 22 5th
    Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 36 (-2 size, +28 natural) Fulcrum of Battle 23 7th
    Very Old 60-ft, fly 150-ft (poor), climb 30-ft +0 39 (-2 size, +31 natural) DR 20/adamantine and magic 24 9th
    Ancient 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), climb 30-ft +0 40 (-4 size, +34 natural) Arcane Spellsurge 26 11th
    Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), climb 30-ft +0 43 (-4 size, +37 natural) DR 20/magic and Adamantine and DR 5/epic 27 13th
    Great Wyrm 60-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy), climb 30-ft +0 46 (-4 size, +41 natural) Freezing Fog 29 15th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): An argentums dragon has two forms of breath. The first is line of energy that coalesces and hardens into sharp and jagged metal blades that vanish within moments; this deals slashing and piercing damage as listed above (Reflex save for half), this damage is affected by DR but overcomes it as if silver, cold iron, adamantine, and lawful as well as magic and beginning at the wyrm age category as epic. Their second breath weapon is a cone of freezing gas that causes ice crystals to form on all affected creatures dealing half the listed damage and entangling any creature in the area (Fort save halves the damage and negates the entangling effect), the entangling effect lasts 1d4 +1/4 age category rounds.

Alternate Form (Su) 3/day as a standard action a very young or older argentum dragon may assume the form of a dog, riding dog, wolf, or dire wolf and remain in this form until it chooses to assume another form or return to its natural form.

Spell Channeling Bite (Su) When an adult or older argentum dragon makes a bite attack as either a standard action or as part of a full-attack action it may also cast one touch spell it knows (expending the spell-slot normally) as part of the action used to attack channeling the touch spell through its bite.

Fulcrum of Battle (Su): The critical hit modifier for all spells cast by an old or older argentum dragon increases to x3 and any creature that rolls a natural 1 on a save versus its line of blades breath weapon takes double damage.

Arcane Spellsurge (Su): 1/round as a free action an ancient or older argentum dragon may expend a spell slot to gain an insight bonus to all attack rolls equal to the level of the expended slot and a +2 bonus to damage per spell level of the expended slot.

Spell-like Abilities: 5/day: See Invisibility (very young or older); 3/day: True Seeing (adult or older), Freezing Fog (great wyrm).

Skills: Argentum dragons add Appraise, Bluff, and Gather Information to their racial class skill list. I always seem to forget skills.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 02:43 PM.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by akma View Post
    A dragon that his breath weapon is blades instead of some energy, creating a swarm of blades (I imagined hundreds of small blades). Also, I imagined him metallic and shining, with silvery colour.
    It's up, I hope you like it. I ended up giving them an energy breath in addition to the blade breath but made it half damage with a rider and in the end worse than their blade breath with the entangling breath feat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    How confuddling. Well, don't bother then. I'll see if I can't get a wyrmling version as a pet or a familiar or something
    Oh now I want to do it, but it'll have to wait till I have the proper resources.

Edit: Tallying up the draconic alingments on this thread. So far 10.5 are evil, 4.5 are neutral, and 3 are good out of 18 dragons. On the ethical (Law/Chaos) scale: 8 are chaotic, 5 are lawful, 4 are neutral, and 1 is any.

EditEdit: Wow started reading necrocarnum fluff and at least for the first few soulmelds it's all about bound souls in torment, their pain wracked faces visible, used for power. This would make an awesome dragon... unfortunately I just made one that used that motif.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 01:24 PM.

Current Projects:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Go ahead, I don't mind if you sig anything.

I'm trying to GIMP out a picture of the beholder dragon, JFF, but it may be a while. Just so your aware.
    Edit: Nope. never mind. got such a crappy computer... ugh. If I ever do get that picture done, this thread will have reached the 50 page limit. And that's not gonna happen for a while.
    Edit #2: Magnesium dragon: I decreased rain of fire from 1/ week to 1/month. Despite only dealing 1 damage per round, with reflex saves to avoid such, it lasts 20 hours. 10x60x20=12000 damage. If three quarters damage is avoided, that's still 3000 damage! In fact, I'd better put something down to nerf it further. "Area and duration reduced by half"?
    Also, the breath damage is in the frightful presence DC on the cataclysmic dragon. You missed another "|".
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-09-27 at 02:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    I absolutely love these, Im running a CoW style campaign were dragons are high and mighty and these just make my dragon shaman player jump for joy!

May I make a request? I'd love to see a necrocarnum dragon!
    I feel bad that I've been taking so long to get to this request, especially since I've done later ones already. I've started reading up on necrocarnum fluff, though, and I'm having trouble thinking of ideas for a dragon that would be unique. Mostly because of a resemblance to Maleficence Dragon (all the drawing on the power of tormented good souls, and screaming faces in eternal torment) I did not know existed till now. Any things in specific you want? Currently I'm picking off a single sentence from the Necrocarnate PrC's fluff talking about the rumors as to the Necrocarnate order's true purpose of corrupting all mortal souls as a spring board and thinking about emphasizing their abilities to corrupt combined with negative levels and/or Con damage and maybe necrocarnum zombie creation abilities. Have to look at Incarnum Dragons first too to see how they handle soulmelds.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

You could refluff the Maleficence dragon as being a "lesser" dragon created by the necrocarnum dragons in "thier own image", and the necrocarnums being made by orcus...

Also, I've got an urge of sorts to create some brand new dragon-only feats...
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-09-27 at 02:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    You could refluff the Maleficence dragon as being a "lesser" dragon created by the necrocarnum dragons in "thier own image", and the necrocarnums being made by orcus...

Also, I've got an urge of sorts to create some brand new dragon-only feats...
    I would except that devalues the Maleficence dragon somewhat and I liked the final effect and I also don't want to tread over the same ground twice. I'd rather make each of these at least somewhat unique, unless I'm going to make a set of 5 interconnected dragons like the Chromatic, Ferrous, Gem, Lung, or Metallic dragons.

I'm already disappointed in the Electrum Dragon since it's really half-generic and half-evil counterpart of Dark Cloud Dragons (I give Elan and Asphodel a slide because it's a case where there had to be yin and yang or else it wouldn't have fit well in my mind).

We'll see, although creating a link between Orcus and Necrocarnum might be nice for an incarnum heavy campaign which builds up to a battle against (an aspect of) Orcus and his cult.

Edit: Which is really why I'm asking Warpwolf what exactly he wanted; does he want the visual fluff of necrocarnum to be a major part or does he want the effects (life draining) on a dragon with soulmelds or... there's actually several options and the wailing souls is just the most obvious one and appeals to how my brain works but it's been done. If what Warpwolf wants is Maleficence dragon + necrocarnum soul melds I might just write up an alternative version that trades casting for melds (plus some other minor abilities) and maybe loses its taint based powers (but gains necrocarnum powers instead), if he wants something more unique I'll go for that.

EditEdit: Also started brainstorming about meta-dragons that The Randomizer requested; the living construct subtype doesn't have features... Have to decide whether to give them dragon features, construct features, or some bizarre amalgamation of both (which I'm leaning towards).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 02:37 PM.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Any more thoughts about the playable Thermite progression?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Meta-Dragon Traits:

All metadragons are Constructs with the Living Construct subtype and the Dragonforged subtype. They also all have the Sense Dragons ability, and may use Repair Light Damage as a spell-like ability 1/day per age category. They also have the Keen Senses, and Blindsense abilities normally attributed to true dragons.

Sense Dragons (Su): A metadragon may sense the direction and distance to the nearest creature with the Dragon type or Augmented Dragon subtype (but not the Dragonblood subtype) within 300-ft per age category. 100-ft of wood/soil, 10-ft of stone, or 5-ft of metal blocks this ability.

Dragonforged:
    This subtype may only be applied to constructs, and usually goes along with the living construct subtype.
    Features:
    • HD type: d10.
    • BAB: +3/4 levels.
    • Good Fortitude and Will saves.
    • Skill points equal to (4+ Int modifier minimum 1) per HD.

Traits:
    In addition to those of constructs/living constructs Dragonforged have the following traits
    • A Dragonforged creature is also considered to have the Dragonblood subtype.
    • Darkvision 60-ft
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 04:55 PM.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamurai77 View Post
    Any more thoughts about the playable Thermite progression?
    Will probably end up waiting till I have the dragon magazines to compare to official dragon progressions. Looking at Thermite Dragon it's going to be tough, probably closest to Brass not White like I was comparing it to earlier, but it is also distinctly stronger at Wyrmling with several times the damage with its breath weapon and the ability to heal from fire. I also think dragons tend to be over LA'd.

Edit: Also a thank you to The Randomizer; I'd been wanting to find some dragons I made that could be used in a PbP I'm running on these forums and meta-dragons give me the chance
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 04:00 PM.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Brightsteel Dragon:
    Construct (Living Construct, Dragonforged; Meta-Dragon)
    Environment: Warm Mountains.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, or family (1 + 2-5 children).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 6; juvenile 9; young adult 12; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25
    Treasure: Standard (no magic items unless actively used by the dragon)
    Alignment: Always lawful good.

17th of Asfel, the 14th year of King Reginald’s reign. 16th report on Project Brightsteel

We have managed to tap the Sleeper’s life force and use it to imbue several husks with their own vitality. They have begun testing today, and already show great promise. The captive juvenile male was allowed to ‘escape’, it took less than half a minute for our new creations to bring it down out of the air and back to us dead. We request permission to test them on the field as soon as physically possible.

Artificially created by artificers of a now lost civilization, brightsteel dragons were made in imitation of red dragons when their artificers tapped the life-force of a quasi-deity, the last of the original dragons from when Tiamat and Bahamut worked in unison and metallic dragons were truly metallic, who was left all but dead by his mother’s fury at his insubordination. They were built as a means to fight a war against red dragons, designed to emulate the physical structure and power of their opponents and to target the weakness in the nature of red dragons. Unfortunately despite early successes they were physically outmatched by red dragons, as well as magically. Even so the kingdom that made them won the war and for many years would continue to use brightsteel dragons as constabulary.

Brightsteel dragons as a race were almost extinguished with their creators. A great dragon flew over the sky, its body silhouetted against the moon. The brightsteel dragons rushed at the red dragon beyond red dragons and unleashed their icy breath en masse on the beast. It didn’t even flinch and with a great howl that shook the sky it took their following charge. Below them the great island that was home to both the brightsteel dragons and their arcanist creators began to break apart and sink. In the end the dragon was slain, at a cost of the majority of the brightsteel dragons and the combined sacrifice of the survivors of their creators’ species.

Left without a home or masters the survivors flew in the winds till they settled on peaks which escaped the world-wide devastation the sinking of the continent had caused and they slumbered. From time to time the brightsteel dragons would awaken and slowly but surely they unlocked the full potential of the soulsparks that had been taken from the Sleeper and became true life able to self-replicate. The elders of the brightsteel dragons have since died in battle with red wyrms, although rumors say that some advanced by the turning of millennia still dwell waiting to awaken when the wyrm that destroyed their home is reborn. Others scoff at these legends pointing to the fact that even brightsteel dragons succumb to the twilight given time to dismiss these tales, but still the legends linger that some still live from this earlier age.

Brightsteel dragons in the modern era make it their purpose to defend others from evil dragons, especially red dragons. Many will adopt a certain race, civilization, city, or even just family as their ‘wards’ and protect them with unswerving dedication, although some have elected to more proactively hunt down red dragons, often dying in that pursuit. Brightsteel dragons are a proud, but noble species capable of kindness and great mercy.

As their reproduction requires the consumption of large amounts of magical items to gather the arcane energies to create eggs few brightsteel dragons keep such items in their hoard unless they actively use them. Many ‘wards’ will reward their defenders with such items.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling M 7d10+7 (45 hp) 15 10 13 8 11 8 5/7 7 6 2 5 2d8 14 -
    Very Young L 10d10+20 (75 hp) 19 10 15 8 11 8 7/15 10 9 3 7 4d8 17 -
    Young L 13d10+26 (97 hp) 23 10 15 10 11 10 9/19 14 10 4 8 6d8 18 -
    Juvenile L 16d10+48 (136 hp) 25 10 17 10 13 10 12/23 18 13 5 11 8d8 21 -
    Young Adult H 19d10+76 (180 hp) 27 10 19 12 13 12 14/30 20 15 6 12 10d8 23 20
    Adult H 22d10+88 (209 hp) 29 10 19 14 15 14 16/33 23 17 7 15 12d8 25 23
    Mature Adult H 25d10+125 (262 hp) 31 10 21 14 17 14 18/36 26 19 8 17 14d8 27 24
    Old G 28d10+168 (322 hp) 33 10 23 16 19 16 21/44 28 22 9 20 16d8 30 27
    Very Old G 31d10+217 (387 hp) 35 10 25 18 21 18 23/47 31 24 10 22 18d8 32 29
    Ancient G 34d10+272 (459 hp) 37 10 27 20 23 20 25/50 34 27 11 25 20d8 35 32
    Wyrm G 37d10+333 (536 hp) 39 10 29 22 23 22 27/53 37 29 12 26 22d8 37 34
    Great Wyrm C 40d10+360 (580 hp) 43 10 29 24 25 24 30/62 38 31 13 29 24d8 39 37

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Infusions
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 16 (+6 natural) Cold Immunity, Death Throes - -
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) Light Fortification - -
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) Immunity to Stunning, Death effects, and Necromantic effects - 1st
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) Moderate Fortification - 3rd
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) DR 5/magic and adamantine 18 5th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) Immunity to all mind-affecting effects 20 7th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) DR 10/magic and adamantine 22 9th
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, or ability drain 23 11th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) DR 15/magic and adamantine 25 13th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) Construct Immunities 27 15th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) DR 20/magic and adamantine 29 17th
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) Temporal Acceleration 31 19th

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): Brightsteel dragons have a single type of breath weapon a cone of cold dealing the listed damage (reflex save halves).

Death Throes (Su): When a brightsteel dragon dies the arcane energies animating it are released in a blast of freezing energy. This blast has a radius of 10-ft per age category of the brightsteel dragon, and deals 2d8 cold damage per age category of the dragon (Reflex save for half, uses the same DC as their breath weapon).

Infusions: A young or older brightsteel dragon gains the ability to use infusions as an artificer (see Eberron Campaign setting) of the listed level; they do not gain any other abilities of that class.

Construct Immunities (Ex): An ancient or older brightsteel dragon gains immunity to any effect that a construct is immune to, including any effect that allows a Fortitude save and does not affect objects.

Temporal Acceleration (Su): A great wyrm brightsteel dragon may take 6 points of Constitution burn to use 4 infusions as a single full-round action, or to take 2 full-attacks as a standard action. Despite their Construct Immunities and immunity to ability damage the brightsteel dragon is still vulnerable to this ability burn and despite not being subject to natural healing they still regain constitution at a rate of 1 per day; as ability burn they may not heal this damage by magical means.

Skills: In addition to those skills common to true dragons, Appraise, Jump, and Spellcraft are class skills for brightsteel dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 01:59 AM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

Innteresting. I'm unsure if it would me marginally off topic, but might someone be interested in building a Dragonforged player race?
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Ashwood Dragon

Your ashwood dragon has a Wood subtype. Where is this subtype from and what does it do?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ashwood Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Your ashwood dragon has a Wood subtype. Where is this subtype from and what does it do?

Debby
    It was requested... and I momentarily forgot they only have subtypes for the western elements and not the eastern ones.

Although now I'm tempted to make Wood and Metal subtypes.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 06:09 PM.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Necrocarnum Dragons

Dragon (Evil)
    Environment: Warm deserts and swamps.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 5; very young 6; young 8; juvenile 10; young adult 12; adult 14; mature adult 17; old 19; very old 20; ancient 22; wyrm 23; great wyrm 25
    Treasure: Triple Standard
    Alignment: Always neutral evil.

Beyond the setting sun, in the endless desert of the soul, I first saw them. Dark dragons, across whose scales strange shapes flitted continuously. Their scales were a dark amethyst, and these shapes which I later realized looked almost like faces, were a color darker than black. One turned its head towards me and I saw its soul devouring eyes; eyes which were like an infinite pool of darkness pulling me towards them, into the abyss.

You seek power, yes? Knowledge? I can grant you both, the power to overthrow man’s kingdoms, the knowledge of the times before.

Like a fool I found myself considering its offer, though every nerve in me howled that it was a being of utmost evil.

“At what cost?” I asked trembling.

A couple of minor favors, nothing too odious, and that you use the power I grant you.” the creature said in a sibilant hiss.

“And what is this power?” I asked, willing myself away to no avail.

The creature’s eyes opened fully and I saw it, I felt it, the sheer power of innocent souls drained of what strength they have. I felt that dreaded dark taint and then I awoke, back from my soul’s wanderings into that endless desert, but I know I will never be the same.

Necrocarnum dragons are an ancient race filled with unspeakable malice. They dwell in deserts and swamps that are either distant and unpopulated by many creatures, or are supercharged with necrocarnum energies. What is known about these reclusive dragons is that as a race they seek to corrupt humanoid creatures, and many (if not all) serve a creature they refer to as “The Shadow Beyond the Gate”. Theories about these creatures abound: that they taught the first necrocarnates; that “The Shadow Beyond the Gate” is an ancient death god all but slain for intervening in the Blood War by the (combined) efforts of demons and devils; that “The Shadow Beyond the Gate” is secretly Orcus; that they were around during the time of the Aboleths and are in fact the first dragons, older even than Bahamut and Tiamat; that they come from the Far Realm; and many, many more.

Necrocarnum dragons are unrepentantly evil, and seem almost to live solely for that purpose. Even though their first and foremost goal is the corruption of mortals, they will also go out in search of wealth to take back to their remote lairs to build their hoard. This is the most likely business for a necrocarnum dragon encountered to be about, the continuous search for treasure to build their hoard, ever greater, for it is the hoard that creates ones standing amongst these dragons.

Necrocarnum dragons have dark purple skin, that only grows darker as they grow. Across their scales play shapes of utter darkness, shapes that occasionally form what look like human faces. Their eyes are pools of inky darkness that seem to draw creatures in to be consumed by the absolute evil that lurks inside. Their claws are long and articulate, looking like a finely crafted sculpture; although they prove that for all their beauty they sacrifice nothing in tearing power or sturdiness when they must wade into combat. Their heads are shaped almost like those of a panther’s, as opposed to the reptilian snouts common to their kin, and they have single chin horn to ornament them. They lack true wings instead relying on great fin-like structures like those of brass and gold dragons.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence:
    Wyrmling S 5d12+5 (37 hp) 13 10 13 10 12 13 5/2 7 5 4 5 1 DC 13 -
    Very Young M 8d12+16 (68 hp) 15 10 15 12 14 15 8/10 10 8 6 8 1 DC 16 -
    Young M 11d12 + 22 (93 hp) 17 10 15 12 14 15 11/12 14 9 7 9 1 DC 17 -
    Juvenile L 14d12+42 (133 hp) 19 10 17 14 16 17 14/22 17 12 9 12 2 DC 20 -
    Young Adult L 17d12+68 (178 hp) 21 10 19 14 16 19 17/26 21 14 10 13 2 DC 22 DC 22
    Adult H 20d12+100 (230 hp) 23 10 21 16 18 21 20/34 24 17 12 16 2 DC 25 DC 25
    Mature Adult H 23d12+115 (264 hp) 25 10 21 18 20 21 23/38 28 18 13 18 3 DC 26 DC 26
    Old H 26d12+156 (325 hp) 29 10 23 20 22 23 26/43 33 21 15 21 3 DC 29 DC 29
    Very Old H 29d12+174 (362 hp) 31 10 23 22 22 23 29/47 37 22 16 22 3 DC 30 DC 30
    Ancient G 32d12+224 (432hp) 33 10 25 24 24 25 32/55 39 25 18 25 4 DC 33 DC 33
    Wyrm G 35d12+280 (507 hp) 35 10 27 24 26 27 35/59 43 27 19 27 4 DC 35 DC 35
    Great Wyrm G 38d12+342 (589 hp) 37 10 29 26 28 29 38/63 47 30 21 30 4 DC 38 DC 38

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Essentia
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 16 (+6 natural) Immunity to Ability Damage and Drain, Meldshaping - 0
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 18 (-1 size, +9 natural) Harvest Essentia - 0
    Young 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 (-1 size, +12 natural) Steal Essentia - 1
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 24 (-1 size, +15 natural) Crown Chakra (Necrocarnum Only) - 2
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 26 (-2 size, +18 natural) DR 5/good 18 3
    Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 29 (-2 size, +21 natural) Arms Chakra (Necrocarnum only), Life Draining Aura 20 4
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +24 natural) DR 10/good 22 5
    Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 33 (-4 size, +27 natural) Throat Chakra (Necrocarnum only) 23 6
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 36 (-4 size, +30 natural) DR 15/good 25 8
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 39 (-4 size, +33 natural) Waist Chakra (necrocarnum only), Consume Essence 27 10
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 42 (-4 size, +36 natural) DR 20/good 29 12
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 200-ft (poor) +0 41 (-8 size, +39 natural) Heart Chakra (Necrocarnum only) 31 15

Special Abilities:

Breath Weapon (Su): A necrocarnum has one type of breath-weapon, a cone of soul-shattering energy. This breath weapon deals the listed Constitution damage and temporarily drains 1 essentia per age category of the necrocarnum dragon from all creatures in the area reducing their pool by that amount for 1 hour. A successful Fort save halves both the damage (or negates it if this reduces it to less than 1) and essentia drain.

Meldshaping Ability: A necrocarnum dragon has the innate ability to shape melds from the Incarnate meld list. It may have a number of melds shaped equal to ½ its age category (rounded up) and has a maximum essentia capacity in these melds equal to ½ its age category (rounded down). Its meld shaper level is twice its age category. They may have a number of chakra binds equal to 1/3 its age category, although they do not naturally gain any open chakras until juvenile. It does not gain other abilities (including opening chakras) that incarnates gain.

Harvest Essentia (Su): Whenever a creature within 30-ft per age category dies a very young or older necrocarnum dragon gains bonus essentia equal to ½ that creature’s hit dice; this bonus essentia lasts for 1 hour. A necrocarnum dragon may never have more than its age category worth of essentia from this ability at 1 time.

Steal Essentia (Su): When a young or older necrocarnum dragon bites a creature it drains 1 point of essentia from that creature’s essentia pool (assuming the target has one) and add it to its own. The necrocarnum dragon retains the stolen essentia for 10 minutes, after which point the target regains use of that point of essentia. A necrocarnum dragon may only have a number of points of essentia from this ability equal to its age category at one time; any beyond this amount are inaccessible to it until the duration for essentia stolen earlier has ended.

* Chakra (Necrocarnum only): Whenever they gain this ability the necrocarnum dragon opens the listed chakra for the purpose of binding necrocarnum soul melds to it. These chakra are only open for the purposes of necrocarnum melds.

Life Draining Aura (Su): An adult or older necrocarnum dragon is surrounded by a life-draining aura at all times. Any creature within 30-ft must make a Fortitude save (the DC is the same as that for Frightful Presence) each round or suffer 1 point of Constitution damage; if a creature has essentia it instead has 3 points of essentia drained (this essentia returns 1 hour later) on a failed save until it has no essentia left (at which point they take Con damage like everyone else). A necrocarnum dragon may suppress or resume this aura as a swift action.

Consume Essence (Su): When an ancient or older necrocarnum dragon hits a creature with a bite attack it unshapes one meld at random the target has shaped, or if the target has no shaped melds it instead deals 2 points of Constitution damage. A successful Fortitude save (same DC as the necrocarnum dragon’s breath weapon) negates this effect.

Skills: A necrocarnum dragon treats Appraise, Bluff, and Spellcraft as class skills for its racial hit dice.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-27 at 04:27 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    I absolutely love these, Im running a CoW style campaign were dragons are high and mighty and these just make my dragon shaman player jump for joy!

May I make a request? I'd love to see a necrocarnum dragon!
    Sorry it took so long but here it is at last; I hope you like it.

Edit: Which reminds me I'm out of requests (save a standing request for more good aligned dragons) so if people have any just chime in.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-09-27 at 08:10 PM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zaydos you remember the long list of Dragon Homebrewed Class versions I made in the Improved Monster Classes Thread by Oslecamo? Cause I've been looking at these ones and I'm just falling over with joy as they give me what I'm really looking for in Dragon Monster-Class possibilities.

Would you be fine with me possibly making them into classes?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Zaydos you remember the long list of Dragon Homebrewed Class versions I made in the Improved Monster Classes Thread by Oslecamo? Cause I've been looking at these ones and I'm just falling over with joy as they give me what I'm really looking for in Dragon Monster-Class possibilities.

Would you be fine with me possibly making them into classes?
    Of course I would be. Haven't ever tried to make classes like Oslecamo's myself, but I will admit the fact that most of them get a capstone ability as a great wyrm was inspired by the monster classes on that thread.

Also as a random aside 20 DRAGONS! YEAH Only 19 are mine but still, YEAH!

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3+ (now more than 10) New Dragons (open to new requests)

??
    I thought there was a wood subtype...
    lets see... shapechanger... swarm... water... huh.
    Alphabetically, wood would come after water, but... water's the last one.
    Odd. I coulda sworn...

Edit:
    Oh! out of requests? I can help with that (again).
    A) Another meta-dragon, with artificer casting. A living furnace, a literal forge.
    B) Ferrofluid Dragons
    C) Aerogel dragons (4x cost of gold, lightest thing Evahr!)
    D) lode stones. There's a lode stone maurader, but that's not a dragon.
    E) Something like a mouse-like, furry dragon. you could combine it with the Ferrofluid dragon if need be...
    F) more dragons with both para-mental and elemental subtypes
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-09-27 at 09:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I got a request Zaydos for ya. And you'll probably know where it will be used as you signed interest for the campaign.

Idea:

"Fog, Mist, Silence. Those are the coming signs of this beast; a dragon that slithers through the skies or the waters silently awaiting its prey. Shrouding all in a thick blanket of mist and fog before devouring them. Many a ship have been lost to these beasts for none know whether the mist that rises off shore be theirs or that of the natural world….”

I'm looking for a dragon that is all about stealth and fog. Something that really would terrorize ships even more so in the dark...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

"Experimenting on the stolen eggs of dragons was considered a bad thing. Bruce had seen examples of what had happened when a powerful wizard or a cabal of evil priests had created 'new life' from the eggs of dragons, and his immense sorrow for the noble beasts that would have been, had they not, threatened to tear his heart in twain. And yet, that was what he was about to do.

"Laid out in his laboratory were several tools, arcane supplies, divine foci, and runed panels he had devised for the ritual he was about to undertake. All these were laid around four massive eggs, almost steaming from the heat contained inside, stolen, or 'taken for Pelor', by a group of paladins that had recently slain several red dragons terrorizing the area. The night they'd brought the eggs over, he'd received a message from Pelor himself, and it was his mission to see this ritual out to it's end. Picking up a large golden sword covered with arcane spices, he started chanting, beginning the ritual.

"The ritual lasted several weeks. Without aid from clerics or mages to assist in it's undertaking, it naturally took longer than planned. Finally, though, it was complete. He'd held onto the golden sword through the whole thing, and his arms where ready to fall off. Collapsing to the ground with ragged breaths, a divine light filled his vision, enveloping the eggs with a golden glow. Gathering his strength, he limped off towards his quarters, waiting for the eggs to hatch. But, just as he reached the door leading from his laboratory, a slight cracking sound reached his ears. The eggs were hatching already."

Try to make a dragon off of that. A bit of a reversal, really, is all it's about. Usually it's the evil guys experimenting on the good dragons eggs. I just want to see what dragons would come out of reversing who's experimenting on who.
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-09-27 at 10:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show