New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon)

Malbolgian Dragon
    Dragon (Lawful, Evil)
    Environment: Any land (Malbolge).
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings:Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24
    Alignment: Always Lawful Evil
    Treasure: Triple Standard.

Before the Reckoning, Moloch had a corps of highly loyal dragons born and bred in the tunnels of Malbolge. These dragons remained loyal to Moloch even after his displacement by Asmodeus, and due to their continuous revolutions against her reign, Hag Countess proceeded to send her fiendish forces against them in a genocidal wave of battle. Few of these dragons survived fleeing to Gehenna.

The Countess took the abandoned eggs, and attempted to bend the unborn dragons to her will, placing the eggs in a vat of infernal pus infused with her own essence. This attempt was a failure, despite carefully hand-raising the dragons that hatched it was only a mere fifty years before as a whole they fled to the caves and their native roosting grounds. The countess would make several, failed, attempts to reign in these rogue dragons during her reign but to no lasting success.

Glaysa has not yet attempted to dominate these dragons, being far too busy setting up her domain and place with the other Lords. Though if the chant is to be believed she has offered them a place in her court and they are considering it deeply. Cause here’s the dark of it, the Malbolgian dragons could smell an imposter like the Hag Countess, but it’s in their blood to obey a Baatezu lord and that’s what Glaysa is, a Baatezu of the old blood. Not to mention that most of the Malbolgian dragons that were alive were put in the deadbook by the layer’s transformation so now they lack numbers to survive a conflict, as well as lacking their traditional hiding places due to the rearrangement of the plane. They don’t have a choice but to yield to Glaysa, and kneel before her.

Moloch’s dragons were powerfully built warriors, whose breath was a great burst of black lightning that was said to be especially devastating to outsiders, Baatezu, Tanar’ri, and Archon alike. It was this breath weapon that made them so deadly during the Reckoning, and so difficult for Malagard to remove afterward. It took Mephistopholes himself to kill the king of the Malbolgian dragons during the Reckoning, in a battle of lightning and fire that left its mark on Cania to this day (the Lake of Ire). Those that have been infused, or some would say tainted, by the Hag Countess’s essence are a weaker breed with neither the girth nor the outsider slaying breath of their predecessors. A female only species, due to the Hag Countess’s effect upon them, the new Malbolgian dragons are smaller, quicker, and have a sharper intelligence, but physically there’s no argument but that they are weaker.

What are you a barmie? You want to know how a female only species of dragons can reproduce? Why don’t you go ask one yourself, ‘cause it would take a sodding berk to find out. Thankfully I know just such a berk, a clueless named Zasper, a wizard ‘biologist’ he calls himself. This sodding Prime has decided to make a habit of studying dragons and their natural processes; yeah the same dragons that think we look like we’d make a nice entre. Well apparently he did g check, and said they came about by some process he liked to call parthenogenesis. Now don’t look at me like that, I didn’t make up the word that barmie prime might have for all I know, though. Either way he described it as a means for females to have kids all by themselves, how they can he didn’t explain and I didn’t feel like asking.

Now these Malbolgian dragons, they have sickly scales the color of Malbolge’s new landscape and their eyes are black as pitch. Not reflective at all either, just pure, dull black. Their wings are flat membranes set along a series of long bone spurs that jut out from either side, and their heads are wide and flat. They move quickly, close to the ground, like scuttling lizards, their long, powerful tails outstretched straight behind. When one of these beasts want you dead, they’ll close in quick with their ability to suddenly teleport and blast you with their lightning breath before coming in for the kill. These mean little devil-kin aren’t scared to play with their food, either, and sometimes their captured prey will wake up to find themselves in the dragon’s den with their skin peeled off most of their body, if not worse tortures having been performed on them while they were sleeping.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 4d12+4 (30 hp) 13 12 13 12 13 12 4/1 6 5 4 5 2d6 13 -
    Very Young M 7d12+14 (59 hp) 15 12 15 12 13 12 7/9 9 7 5 6 4d6 15 -
    Young M 10d12+20 (85 hp) 17 12 15 14 15 14 10/13 13 9 7 9 6d6 17 -
    Juvenile L 13d12+39 (123 hp) 21 12 17 16 17 16 13/22 17 11 8 11 8d6 19 -
    Young Adult L 16d12+64 (168 hp) 23 12 19 16 17 16 16/26 21 14 10 13 10d6 22 21
    Adult H 19d12+76 (199 hp) 25 12 19 18 19 18 19/34 24 15 11 15 12d6 23 23
    Mature Adult H 22d12+110 (253 hp) 27 14 21 18 19 18 22/38 28 18 13 17 14d6 26 25
    Old H 25d12+125 (287 hp) 29 14 21 20 21 20 25/42 32 19 14 19 16d6 27 27
    Very Old H 28d12+168 (350 hp) 31 14 23 20 21 20 28/46 36 22 16 21 18d6 30 29
    Ancient G 31d12+217 (418 hp) 35 14 25 22 23 22 31/55 39 24 17 23 20d6 32 31
    Wyrm G 34d12+272 (493 hp) 37 14 27 24 25 24 34/59 43 27 19 26 22d6 35 34
    Great Wyrm G 37d12+296 (536 hp) 39 14 27 24 25 24 37/63 47 28 20 27 24d6 36 35

Age Speed Init AC SR Special Abilities Spells
    Wyrmling 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 100-ft (average) +0 16 (+1 Dex, +4 natural, +1 size) - Immunity to Electricity, Resist Fire 5 -
    Very Young 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 18 (+1 Dex, +7 natural) - Resist Fire 10 -
    Young 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 21 (+1 Dex, +10 natural) - Fire Whips, Resist Fire 15 -
    Juvenile 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 23 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +13 natural) - Resist Fire 20 -
    Young Adult 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 26 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +16 natural) 19 DR 5/magic, Resist Fire 25 1st
    Adult 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 28 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +19 natural) 21 Dimension Flit, Resist Fire 30 3rd
    Mature Adult 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 32 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +22 natural) 22 DR 10/magic, Resist Fire 35 5th
    Old 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 35 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +25 natural) 24 Dimension Door, Resist Fire 40 7th
    Very Old 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 150-ft (poor) +0 38 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +28 natural) 25 DR 15/magic, Resist Fire 45 9th
    Ancient 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 39 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +31 natural) 27 Sniper's Bolt, Resist Fire 50 11th
    Wyrm 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 42 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +34 natural) 28 DR 20/magic, Resist Fire 55 13th
    Great Wyrm 30-ft, climb 30-ft, fly 200-ft (clumsy) +0 45 (-4 size, +2 Dex, +37 natural) 30 Destruction, Resist Fire 60 15th

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): A Malbolgian dragon has only one type of breath weapon, a line of electricity dealing the listed damage (Ref for half).

Fire Whips (Su): As a swift action a young or older Malbolgian dragon may conjure a pair of flaming tendrils around their claws. While these fire whips are active the dragon may not make claw attacks, instead it may make 2 melee touch attacks with these whips as secondary natural weapons dealing damage as listed before. All damage dealt by a fire whip is considered fire damage, and the dragon’s reach is increased by 10-ft when using a fire whip (they may still use fire whips to attack adjacent enemies).

Size Damage
    Medium 1d3
    Large 1d4
    Huge 1d6
    Gargantuan 1d8
    Colossal 2d6
    Colossal+ 2d8

Dimension Flit (Su): 3/day a young adult or older Malbolgian dragon may teleport its flight speed as a swift action.

Sniper’s Bolt (Su): An ancient or older Malbolgian dragon may use its breath weapon as a ranged touch attack hitting a single target within 10 times its normal breath weapon range (for example for a gargantuan Malbolgian dragon it is normally a 120-ft line; this has a 1200-ft range for such a dragon). The target is still allowed a Reflex save to halve the damage.

Spells: A young adult or older Malbolgian dragon may cast spells as a sorcerer of the indicated level.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day: Dimension Door (old or older); 1/day Destruction.

Skills: Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently are class skills for Malbolgian dragons.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-28 at 07:02 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Finished the 9 hells dragons. That was a project.

Now either 3 more meta-dragons or 4 more lungs.

Or a suggestion that really catches my fancy.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3+ (now more than 10) New Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Defined what blindsense and blindsight Chitin-skin Dragons got.
    Added age category to the breath weapon tables for Deep Trench and Chitin-skin Dragons.

Thanks I hadn't realized I had left those out; as for the stilted prose I hope I've improved since then. The first post, and the original purpose of this thread, was just to post some dragons I homebrewed for my old campaign years ago in case people wanted to use them. I like to think that my ability to write has improved in the last three years, I might be fooling myself, though.

Edit: That still says I should go back and re-write them... after I have at least 45 dragons.
    You are welcome, and I shall try to review more over time.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Finished the 9 hells dragons. That was a project.

Now either 3 more meta-dragons or 4 more lungs.

Or a suggestion that really catches my fancy.
    Though I am interested in the other 4 Lung Dragons, I'm still waiting patiently for the Forged-Dragon.....really I like all of your creations so whichever one takes your fancy first.

BTW I know you have a strong liking for LE dragons but don't forget the forces of Good should be just as well staffed as the forces of Evil.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    Though I am interested in the other 4 Lung Dragons, I'm still waiting patiently for the Forged-Dragon.....really I like all of your creations so whichever one takes your fancy first.

BTW I know you have a strong liking for LE dragons but don't forget the forces of Good should be just as well staffed as the forces of Evil.
    Oh I haven't; once there's more fluff on Mount Celestia (I know of three 2nd edition books, two of which I don't have at the moment, and 2 3rd edition books with fluff on it and the Hebdomad that rules it)* I can make 7 Celestial dragons.

With the lung dragons neutral or good will be the norm (in mythology they were considered a benevolent force, or at worse a force to set right what had been put wrong); and of the meta-dragons the 2 I've made so far are good (one isn't being posted till they fight them).

I'll probably start on the forge dragon or lodestone dragon next.

*There's currently a homebrew project on these forums for this project.

Edit: Actually I think I'll write up some of the half-dragons first.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-04 at 02:12 PM.

Current Projects:

6. - Top - End - #246

Oh I haven't; once there's more fluff on Mount Celestia (I know of three 2nd edition books, two of which I don't have at the moment, and 2 3rd edition books with fluff on it and the Hebdomad that rules it)* I can make 7 Celestial dragons.

*There's currently a homebrew project on these forums for this project.
    Ah ok yes I think you're talking about this thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170482 . Well I can't wait to see what comes of that as well.

With the lung dragons neutral or good will be the norm (in mythology they were considered a benevolent force, or at worse a force to set right what had been put wrong); and of the meta-dragons the 2 I've made so far are good (one isn't being posted till they fight them).

I'll probably start on the forge dragon or lodestone dragon next.
    Can't wait and now I'm curious about the other Meta-Dragon you have
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I loved Planescape. Thanks for picking up the Cant again in the Malbogian Dragon's entry.

For anyone not familiar with Planescape, it was a 2e D&D setting that encompassed the cosmology of the Planes (The Great Wheel) but centered on the City of Sigil run by the enigmatic Lady of Pain. It had a distinct look to it and a lingo all its own, i.e. the Cant. See here for more detail: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...lanescape-cant.

The Column called "Spells" should be renamed CL. It's Caster Level on the True Dragon charts.

Sniper's Bolt is always 1,200 feet since Ancient, Wyrm and Great Wrym are all Gargantuan creatures.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-10-04 at 02:44 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

More Half-Dragons

Argentum: Half-Argentum dragons are loyal and true, although with a tendency towards myrmidon actions. They gain immunity to cold, and a cone of cold as their breath weapon; they have no deviations from the standard half-dragon template.

Ashwood: Half-Ashwood dragons tend to have an affinity for the natural world. They gain immunity to fire and a line of fire as their breath weapon; they have no deviations from the standard half-dragon template.

Avenger: Half-Avenger dragons are a true rarity, not for lack of fecundity as in half-palladium dragons (below) but due to a lack of reproductive drive in their draconic parents; few Avenger dragons have time or desire to sire offspring. Half-Avenger dragons often become crusading knights or paladins, fighting for whatever cause they find the most righteous. They gain immunity to cold and fire, and gain a cone of sacred fire (50% fire, 50% pure sacred energy) as their breath weapon. In addition they may Smite Evil 1/encounter (+4 to hit, +character level damage). They have +10 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha and +4 LA.

Custodian: Half-Custodian dragons show their draconic heritage in their strong belief that law is the only means to ensure good. They have immunity to cold, and a cone of cold breath weapon; they have no deviations from the standard half-dragon template.

Dawn: Half-Dawn dragons take a more active role in the world than their draconic parents, due to their non-draconic half no doubt. A half-Dawn dragon will recognize that some things need protecting, and that they have the strength to protect it. They gain fire immunity and a cone of fire breath weapon; they have no deviations from the standard half-dragon template.

Ebony: Half-Ebony dragons are vain and narcissistic creatures, who naturally consider all other beings their inferior. They have no breath weapon or energy immunity, but instead gain SR 13 + character level.

Eclipse: Half-eclipse dragons find themselves attracted to theology. Many become priests and religious servants of evil gods, while others join the ranks of the Godsmen, and the Defiers (also known as the Believers of the Source, and the Athar). They do not gain an energy immunity or breath weapon instead gaining SR 13 + character level against divine spells; they also gain an extra +2 bonus to Wisdom.

Elan: Half-Elan dragons are kind and caring, putting others before themselves. They gain immunity to negative energy effects, and a cone of positive energy as their breath weapon; they only gain a +4 Strength, but gain a +6 Charisma.

Electrum: Half-electrum dragons are quick and inventive, often looking for new ways to do things. They gain immunity to sonic and a line of sonic breath weapon. Regardless of size they gain wings, like those granted by the half-dragon template, and they gain a +4 to Intelligence, but they only gain a +4 to Strength.

Fog: Half-fog dragons are cunning, and sly creatures with a natural aptitude towards organized crime and piracy. They form large extended families, bound by blood and sometimes adoption. Many fog dragons become spellswords of some sort, mixing magic and swordplay as they fight. They gain immunity to electricity, and a line of electricity as their breath weapon; they do not deviate from the standard template.

Moon: Half-Moon dragons are enigmatic creatures, with a tendency to work behind the scenes on acts of good, only acting directly when the situation calls for extreme heroism. They gain immunity to cold and a cone of cold as their breath weapon. In addition to the normal half-dragon traits they gain wings regardless of size and twice the normal fly speed for a half-dragon, have no need to breathe, and gain a gore attack dealing damage equal to that of the claw attacks the template grants. Finally they gain Dragon Breath (races of dragon) as a bonus feat when they qualify for it and have a +4 LA.

Mu Lung: Half-Mu Lung dragons have a deep connection to the wilderness, and are most common among bamboo spirit folk. They gain immunity to acid, and the Woodland Stride, and Trackless Step abilities instead of a breath weapon; otherwise half-mu lung dragons do not deviate from the standard template.

Palladium: Half-Palladium dragons are wise and caring, with a tendency to enter into leadership positions. They gain immunity to cold and fire, but do not gain a breath weapon; they only gain a +4 to Strength, but gain +4 to Wisdom and Charisma.

Thermite: Half-Thermite dragons are often found as petty tyrants, dictators, and warlords attempting to rule their lessers (a.k.a. everyone) with an iron fist. They gain a line of fire as their breath weapon and immunity to fire.

Victory Dragon: Half-Victory Dragons only gain +6 Str but gain +4 Charisma and the ability to Inspire Courage as a bard with a class level equal to their character level 1/day +1/day for 4 character levels. They have immunity to sonic and a line of sonic breath weapon.

Word Dragon: Half-Word Dragons do not gain the normal ability score modifiers of a half-dragon, or wings even if Large or Larger. Instead they gain +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, and +4 Cha and a +6 racial bonus on Truespeak checks as well as Truename Training as a bonus feat. Lastly they also gain the ability to take the shape of one small or medium animal or humanoid with no more racial hit dice than they have (minimum 1 for creatures who dropped their only racial hit die). They retain the normal natural armor, and natural weapons. Their breath weapon is a cone that removes the ability to speak of creatures within it for 1 minute (Will negates).

Star Dragon: Half-Star Dragons have wings and good maneuverability regardless of size category. Their breath weapon deals 6d6 untyped damage and any creature that fails their save for half gains fire vulnerability for 1d4+1 rounds. They also have cold and fire immunity and a deflection bonus to AC equal to one-half their charisma modifier. They have +4 LA instead of the normal +3.

Mithral: Half-Mithral Dragons are rare enough that very few worlds even have legends of them, and if sages are to be believed then none have ever been born that legends are not told of to this day. They have +12 Str, +2 Dex, +6 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, +6 Cha, and a +6 natural armor bonus. They have bite and claw attacks as normal for a half-dragon and wings regardless of size category granting them a fly speed equal to twice their base land speed with average maneuverability. Their half-dragon breath weapon can be a cone or line of acid, cold, electricity, or fire (chosen as it is used) and they may use it every 1d4 rounds; they are also immune to all four of the aforementioned energy types. They gain spellcasting as a favored soul 1/2 their character level and frightful presence (30-ft range) as a dragon. Finally they have DR 5/epic. A half-mithral dragon has +5 LA.

Lepidodendron: Half-lepidodendron dragons have no bonus to Cha but gain +2 Wis. They are immune to electricity but lack a breath weapon entirely instead gaining the continuous ability to speak with animals, plants, and vermin and to breathe water.

Gorgonid: Half-gorgonid dragons have +6 Str, +2 Dex, and no bonus to Int. They are immune to fire, but do not gain a breath weapon, but gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls when flanking a target and when flanking can apply sneak attack or other precision damage to targets normally immune to critical hits.

Cataclysm: Half-Cataclysm dragons are fearsome foes. They gain a +16 Str, +6 Con, +2 Int, and +2 Cha instead of the normal half-dragon modifiers as well as +8 natural armor. They are immune to ability damage (but not drain) and have universal energy resistance 30 and they may use their breath weapon every 1d4 rounds, dealing 6d8 (1d8 per two character levels whichever is higher) damage of whatever energy type is most effective against the target. Regardless of size half-cataclysm dragons have wings and a fly speed equal to twice their land speed with poor maneuverability, if medium or larger they may also make 2 wing attacks dealing damage as appropriate to their size (see spoilered table) and large or larger specimens gain tail attacks as well. They have a +6 LA.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tail and Wing Damage
    {table]Size|Tail|Wing
    <M|-|-
    M|-|1d4
    L|1d8|1d6
    H|2d6|1d8
    G|2d8|2d6
    C|4d6|2d8[/table]

Umbra: Half-umbra dragons inherit some of their draconic forebear's dark power, albeit simply a small portion. They gain a +8 Str, +4 Con, +4 Int, +4 Wis, and +6 Cha instead of the normal half-dragon ability modifiers. In addition they gain darkvision 120-ft and the ability to see in magical darkness as if it were mundane darkness. All half-umbra dragons also gain their charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to AC, but do not gain a bonus to natural armor like most dragons. Their breath weapon deals 3 negative levels, with a Fort save (Con based) for half; half-umbra dragons are immune to energy draining effects. They have a +4 LA.

Fiendish Half-Dragons:

Many, although not all, scions of these unhallowed lineages have the fiendish template (or are planetouched) in addition to half-dragon.

Avernine: Half-Avernine dragons are brutal warriors, and cunning tacticians. Rarely are they found as rulers, except in civilizations where king and marshal are the same; instead preferring to lead on the field of battle, reveling in the foes that fall before them. They have immunity to fire, and a cone of fire for their breath weapon; they do not deviate from the standard half-dragon template.

Cania: Half-Canian dragons are single-minded and often unoriginal in their thinking. Their minds are keen, and they assimilate information quickly, but they rarely show their own initiative. Half-Canian dragons have cold immunity and a line of cold (or ice) for a breath weapon; they do not deviate from the standard template.

Dis: Half-Dis dragons are paranoid and vicious, never willing to truly trust other creatures. They are immune to sonic and have a line of sound (dealing sonic damage) as their breath weapon; they do not otherwise deviate from the standard half-dragon subtype.

Maladomini: Half-Maladominian dragons are vain creatures, their bodies reflecting their parent's pre-adulthood form of glory; their escape from the curse of transformation causes these same parents to loathe them. Half-Maladominian dragons are immune to poison and disease and have a cone of charisma damaging gas for a breath weapon that deals 4 Charisma damage (Fort save for half); they do not gain any bonus to Int, but get an additional +2 to Charisma (for +4 total).

Malbolgian: All half-Malbolgian dragons are female (or named Marty Stu), and are a very rare kind of half-dragon to begin with. They are typically swift, and brutal skirmishers, relying on a single devastating attack to take out their enemy, and their physical toughness to see them through afterward if that should fail. Half-Malbolgian dragons have a line of electricity as a breath weapon and immunity to electricity; they do not otherwise deviate from the normal half-dragon template.

Phlegethos: Half-Phlegethos dragons are charismatic sociopaths. They have a sadistic love for pain, and often will use their charisma to attract lovers, only to crush their will to live. Half-Phlegethos dragons are immune to fire and have a cone of fire as their breath weapon. They only gain a +6 to Str, but gain +4 to Cha (total).

Stygian: Half-Stygian dragons are treacherous creatures, always plotting how to improve their own station. They have (almost) no loyalty, willing to betray even their closest friend for the right price. Half-Stygian dragons are immune to cold and the memory draining effects of the River Styx, and have a cone of cold for their breath weapon. They gain a +4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Int, and +2 Cha and the ability to breath water, and a swim speed equal to 1/2 their landspeed but they do not gain wings even if large or larger and cannot take the Dragon Wings feat.

Half-Fey Dragons

Iron Rose: Half-Iron Rose dragons are proud and haughty as a norm. They have a harsh, and strict, code of honor and justice that they apply equally to themselves and others; that equality doesn't make them 'good' by any means though, they remain vicious, hateful, and murderous despite this strict code. Half-Iron Rose dragons are immune to cold and have a cone of cold as their breath weapon; they do not deviate from the standard half-dragon template.

This covers the good aligned dragons I have made (+ Ashwood dragons); I did not cover Magnesium or Baneslayer as I did not create them. Neutral dragons will come sooner or later, followed by evil dragons last.

Edit: Added several evil dragons; specifically those that were easy. I'll add the harder ones when I have the time and sleep to do the job right.

Edit: Added more good dragons.

Edit: Upped Cataclysm's LA to +6; thinking heavily about doing the same to Half-Mithral.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-04-20 at 12:29 AM.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I loved Planescape. Thanks for picking up the Cant again in the Malbogian Dragon's entry.

For anyone not familiar with Planescape, it was a 2e D&D setting that encompassed the cosmology of the Planes (The Great Wheel) but centered on the City of Sigil run by the enigmatic Lady of Pain. It had a distinct look to it and a lingo all its own, i.e. the Cant. See here for more detail: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...lanescape-cant.

The Column called "Spells" should be renamed CL. It's Caster Level on the True Dragon charts.

Sniper's Bolt is always 1,200 feet since Ancient, Wyrm and Great Wrym are all Gargantuan creatures.

Debby
    Fixed the spells columns in... well I think I got every single one.
    I put the conversion for Sniper's Bolt so that it could be used with the Advanced Great Wyrms from Epic Level Handbook and Draconomicon which can increase the size to Colossal and then to Colossal+; I should make the example actually be for gargantuan dragons though.

And yeah I love Planescape; wish I had my Planeswalker's Handbook when writing these though. That's one reason the 9 Hells dragons got done was because I got to dive into Planescape's rich, marvelous fluff.

Current Projects:

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Why aren't Magnesium dragon's immune to their own breath weapon and the breath weapon of other Magnesium dragons? This is usually standard. I think taking damage from its own breath weapon is too much of a weakness.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yay! All nine Hells now have a native Dragon.

I'd like to put my next request forward; which you've already seen partly.

A Dragon species for each Major Demonlord of the Abyss. (Like Demogorgon, Juiblex, Zuggtmoy, Dagon et cetera...)

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

@debihuman: It is partially because I made them that magnesium dragons are not immune to their own breath weapons. Magnesium dragons have vulnerability to fire damage, and they breath fire. However, it does deviate from the norm, and that is bad. maybe they can take half damage from their own breath weapon, AFTER their vulnerability.

@Zaydos: Since you did not make a half-dragon for magnesium due to the fact that I made the dragon itself, here. I'll throw that together now:

Magnesium: The half-magnesium dragon gets a cone of fire, and immunity to cold. It deviates from the standard template, and gains vulnerability to fire, although it only takes half damage from it's own breath, instead of taking half again. Additionally, the Half-magnesium dragon has the blinding flames ability from it's ancestor, meaning if it takes 5 or more fire damage in a round, foes must make a DC (10+1/2 the half-dragon's HD+the half-dragon's cha moddifier) reflex save or be blinded for 1d4-1 rounds.
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-10-04 at 04:30 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Forgewright Dragon
    Construct (Fire, Dragonwrought, Living Construct)
    Environment: Warm mountains and underground.
    Organization: Wyrmling, very young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2–5); adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, or great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (2-5).
    Challenge Ratings: Wyrmling 3; very young 4; young 5; juvenile 8; young adult 11; adult 13; mature adult 16; old 18; very old 19; ancient 21; wyrm 22; great wyrm 24
    Alignment: Always Lawful Good
    Treasure: Double Standard.

The first forgewright dragon is said to have been created by Moradin himself, in an act of cementing an alliance with Bahamut as a gift in his war against Tiamat. They were made in imitation of Bahamut’s own mighty dragons, granted life by divine will and fashioned with his gift for artifice. These creatures were placed within the mountains of the Prime serving to fight against the fierce red dragons which dwelt in those regions. The dragons had a mixed success, until they found that by working with their “brothers” the dwarves they could double their power. Now forgewright dragons can most often be found working with dwarves, defending dwarven strongholds against dragons, and aiding the dwarven smiths in forging weapons and armor.

These dragons have a strong sense of Order, and Honor, holding these two concepts sacred, sometimes so much so that they let law get before good. They will not defend those who they consider too dishonorable, or disorderly. This may be one reason they find dwarves, with their strong sense of honor and ideals of Order, such compelling companions. As for a forgewright dragon its honor is measured first and foremost by who and what it has taken as its wards; unlike other dragons which measure their standing based upon the size of their hoard. A forgewright dragon without a protectorate is a sad dragon indeed, much like a normal dragon with no hoard, and they will seek to avenge their old ward or find a new one, going into this task with their all their resources.

Forgewright dragons appear as somewhat bloated dragon-statues made from iron and steel. In truth beneath this armor plating they have flesh-like materials covered in hardened, adamantine-like scales. In their bloated chests a great fire burns, which represents their life-force and is used when they forge magical items. Should this flame ever go completely out, the dragon dies. The dragon’s eyes are perfectly clear, and built of reflective tunnels that lead down to their internal flame.

Unlike most meta-dragons a forgewright dragon does not need to consume magic items to create its eggs, instead its heartfire provides the magical essence required to create the new life. These eggs are rare and precious things, well guarded by the forgewright dragons, and inside each burns a spark of the fire divine.

Age Size Hit Dice Str Dex Con Int Wis Cha BAB/Grp Atk Fort Ref Will Breath Weapon Damage Breath Weapon DC Frightful Presence
    Wyrmling S 7d10+7 (45 hp) 13 8 13 12 13 12 5/2 7 6 1 6 2d8 14 -
    Very Young M 10d10+20 (75 hp) 15 8 15 14 15 14 7/9 9 9 2 9 4d8 17 -
    Young M 13d10+26 (97 hp) 17 8 15 14 15 14 9/12 12 10 3 10 6d8 18 -
    Juvenile L 16d10+48 (136 hp) 21 8 17 16 17 16 12/21 16 13 4 13 8d8 21 -
    Young Adult L 19d10+76 (180 hp) 23 8 19 16 17 16 14/24 19 15 5 14 10d8 23 22
    Adult L 22d10+88 (209 hp) 25 8 19 18 19 18 16/27 22 17 6 17 12d8 25 25
    Mature Adult H 25d10+125 (262 hp) 27 8 21 20 21 20 18/34 24 19 7 19 14d8 27 27
    Old H 28d10+168 (322 hp) 29 8 23 22 23 22 21/38 28 22 8 22 16d8 30 30
    Very Old H 31d10+217 (387 hp) 31 8 25 22 23 22 23/41 31 24 9 23 18d8 32 31
    Ancient G 34d10+272 (459 hp) 35 8 27 24 25 24 25/49 33 27 10 26 20d8 35 34
    Wyrm G 37d10+333 (536 hp) 37 8 29 26 27 26 27/52 36 29 11 28 22d8 37 36
    Great Wyrm G 40d10+360 (580 hp) 39 8 29 28 29 28 30/56 40 31 12 31 24d8 39 39

Age Speed Init AC Special Abilities SR Effective Artificer Level
    Wyrmling 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 18 (-1 Dex, +1 size, +6 natural, +2 Armor) Fire Immunity, Battle Plating, Cold Vulnerability - 1st
    Very Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 20 (-1 Dex, +8 natural, +3 Armor) Light Fortification - 3rd
    Young 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 23 (-1 Dex, +10 natural, +4 armor) DR 5/magic or adamantine - 5th
    Juvenile 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 25 (-1 Dex, -1 size, +12 natural, +5 armor) Moderate Fortification, Shield Other - 7th
    Young Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 28 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +14 natural, +6 armor) DR 10/magic and adamantine 20 9th
    Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 31 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +16 natural, +7 armor) Absorb Magic, Craft Magic Arms and Armor 22 11th
    Mature Adult 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 33 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +18 natural, +8 armor) DR 15/magic and adamantine 24 13th
    Old 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 36 (-2 size, +22 natural, +9 armor) Heavy Fortification, Craft Wondrous Items 25 15th
    Very Old 40-ft, fly 100-ft (poor) -1 39 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +24 natural, +10 armor) DR 20/magic and adamantine 27 17th
    Ancient 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 40 (-4 size, -1 Dex, +24 natural, +11 armor) Open the Gates 29 19th
    Wyrm 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 43 (-4 size, -1 Dex, +26 natural, +12 armor) DR 20/magic and adamantine 31 21st
    Great Wyrm 40-ft, fly 150-ft (clumsy) -1 46 (-4 size, +28 natural, +13 armor) Craft Construct, Summon Golem 33 23rd

Special Abilities

Breath Weapon (Su): Forgewright dragons have two breath weapons. The first is a line of fire dealing the listed damage (Reflex halves). The 2nd is a cone of dispelling energy (as Greater Dispel Magic without a CL cap; use Forgewright dragon’s effective artificer level for the CL check), that affects all magic within the area like an area dispel magic; for each spell effect other than one of its own the forgewright dragon dispels with this breath weapon it gains 5 temporary hp for 1 minute.

Battle Plating (Ex): A forgewright dragon’s body is covered with metal plating. This plating acts like light armor giving the dragon an armor bonus to AC equal to its age category +1, has a maximum Dex of +3, and a 20% arcane spell failure; like armor this Battle Plating may be enchanted, and that of many older forgewright dragons has been enchanted by their artifice.

Infusions: A forgewright dragon may use artificer infusions as an artificer of the listed level. They do not gain any other benefits of the artificer class (including the ability to make items) through this ability.

Craft Magic Arms and Armor (Ex): An adult or older forgewright dragon gains Craft Magic Arms and Armor as a bonus feat and may craft magic weapons and armor (but not other items) as an artificer of its effective artificer level.

Absorb Magic (Su): Whenever an adult or older forgewright dragon’s SR stops a spell from affecting it, the forgewright dragon heals 5 hp per spell level of the prevented spell and gains the excess as temporary hit points (these temporary hit points last 1 minute per point of Constitution of the forgewright dragon). In addition the caster takes 1 point of damage to whatever stat determined the save DC (if any) of the negated spell.

Craft Wondrous Items (Ex): An old or older forgewright dragon gains Craft Wondrous Items as a bonus feat and may craft wondrous items (but not other items) as an artificer of its effective artificer level.

Open the Gates (Su): An ancient or older forgewright dragon may open the gates to its heart-flame to release a powerful fiery attack dealing damage equal to twice its breath weapon in a 60-ft burst centered on it. The dragon takes 4 points of Con damage in so doing. Using this ability counts as using its breath weapon and it may apply metabreath feats to this attack, as normal for its breath weapon, and may not use this ability when it could not use its breath weapon. The dragon may leave the gates open, taking 1 point of Con damage per round that they are open, to summon an elder fire elemental as a swift action each round the gate is left open (to a maximum of 1 elder fire elemental per 3 age categories at a time); these elder fire elementals stay until the gate is closed or they are destroyed. While the gate is open the forgewright dragon loses its fortification trait making it fully vulnerable to critical hits and precision damage.

Craft Construct (Ex): A great wyrm forgewright dragon gains Craft Construct as a bonus feat and may craft constructs as an artificer of its effective artificer level.

Spell-like Abilities: CL = effective artificer level; 3/day: Shield Other (juvenile or older); 1/day: Summon Golem (great wyrm).

Skills: Craft, Profession, and Sense Motive.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2014-08-29 at 10:23 AM.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

@Debihuman: I guess flabort has already answered that one, as it was his to answer.

@un_known: Do you know which books have details on them? I'll check FCI, BoVD, and the Planes of Law, but otherwise I only know them from Dragon Magazine (I could also check the 1st edition MM, MMII, and Fiend Folio which I think had Demogorgon). Where to find fluff and crunch one the demon lords would be useful, though.

@flabort: I'd have felt wrong doing it for you without your permission.

@Silverscale: next meta-dragon up; 2 more to make, 3 more to post.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, yes. BTW, I've made all the remaining paraelemental and quasielementals into subtypes, spoilered for there being 12 of them, and am starting work on some neutral dragons with them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooze (elemental) subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the paraelemental plane of ooze. They can be targeted by effects targeting Ooze type creatures, and often have immunity to acid.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the Earth and Water subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Ice subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the paraelemental plane of ice. Most, if not all, creatures with this subtype have either the cold subtype or immunity to cold as well.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the air and water subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Magma subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the paraelemental plane of magma. It often has immunity to fire, and some occasionally have burrow speeds.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the Earth and fire subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Smoke subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the paraelemental plane of smoke. It is not uncommon for them to have a fly speed, usually with perfect maneuverability, and they often have immunity to fire damage.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the fire and air subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

lightning subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of lightning. They are usually good, and often have immunity to sonic and/or electric damage.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the air and good subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

mineral subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of Minerals. Mineral creatures usually have a burrow speed. Many of them also have natural weapons that can bypass DR as if they were made of certain weapons.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the earth and good subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

radiance subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of radiance. Most radiant creatures have immunity to becoming blind, and an aura that blinds others.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the fire and good subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Steam subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of steam. Many steam creatures have swim and/or fly speeds.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the water and good subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Ash subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of ash. Many ash creatures have immunity to fire.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the fire and evil subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Dust subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of Dust. A dust creature often has an intangible form, making it very hard to hit. As well, it may have higher-than-normal DR, although not nessesarily.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the earth and evil subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Salt subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of salt. Salt creatures are usually immune to cold, and can deal half-again damage to water-elemental or aquatic creatures.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the water and evil subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

Vacuum subtype
    This subtype is applied to creatures native to or that have an affinity with the quasielemental plane of Vacuum. Vacuum elementals usually take extra damage when in air or water, or when touching the ground, but have no need to breath, and usually have a fly speed at (also usually) perfect maneuverability.
    If a creature created before/without knowledge of this subtype has the air and evil subtypes, it may have been intended to have this subtype. however, changing the subtype may affect CR. change at your own risk. It may be targeted by affects that affect either.

There are still other elements to make into subtypes, such as blood, shadow, ect., but 12 + wood is good for now, eh?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I must point out that Mineral !/= Good + Earth; there were some nasty things in that plane (not as nasty as the plane itself; -shudder- petrification).

The reverse is true for the likes of Ash !/= Evil + Fire.

Personally I'd stick to going with give paraelementals both elemental subtypes like WotC did in Manual of the Planes, and thoqqua in the MM. Although the presence of unique subtypes does allow the introduction of spells that have special effects against those creatures more easily, I'd definitely advice against making (Ooze) subtype creatures auto immune to acid, or treated as ooze type for spells and affects (for that matter I might consider renaming it Slime just for ease of understanding).

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #257

Forgewright Dragon
    Awesome although how do they reproduce or how are they created? Are they created in some massive Creation Forge or are they "born" from Metallic Eggs?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverscale View Post
    Awesome although how do they reproduce or how are they created? Are they created in some massive Creation Forge or are they "born" from Metallic Eggs?
    Born. I actually meant to include that part... -goes back to edit-

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, but since mineral is Earth + positive energy...

dammit.

Mmm, ooze types "often have" immunity to acid. not the same thing as always... but yes. feel free to make changes, and re-post ooze/slime/whatever, or other subtypes, I'll remove from that post and link to the new post. I'll change the +good/+evil for quasielementals. eventually. But, not yet. In a while.

Also, I've started the Blizzardskin. it's lightning+ice, lives in cold mountains, and is the mountain's local druid-type. However, I am not going to finish it today, it looks like.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

@ Zaydos

Fiendish Codex: Hordes of the Abyss has a large amount of stuff on the Demon Lords of the Abyss.

There are 14 total Demon Lords of the Abyss. So that is another big project... The fluff is rich surrounding them and there are other books. There is at least one adventure published focusing around each demon lord. Full statistics for them are in Fiendish Codex though.

21. - Top - End - #261

A mind-flaying dragon would be cool.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firemagehao View Post
    A mind-flaying dragon would be cool.
    Unfortunately Dragon magazine beat us to that one. It's in the same issue where they detail the demon queen of fungus and called brainstealer dragon. Did I remember it when counting dragon mag dragons though?

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

So what do you think of the 14 demon lord/lady project?

I have another idea after that... it won't be as big...

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    So what do you think of the 14 demon lord/lady project?

I have another idea after that... it won't be as big...
    What is it? I'm a little burnt out on the Lower Planes for the moment.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fey.

We have simply the Faerie Dragon (And now your Iron Rose) from actual lore.

I'm thinking of some Fey Dragons.

List of them, 1 or two for each?:

Court of Summer & Dreams (Seelie)
    Court of Winter & Nightmares (Unseelie)
    Feydark (4E creation, an area in the Underdark that is connected to the Fey realm)
    Forest Guardians (Forest Monarch Dragons)

Possibly more...

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

I like me some fey; I was already tinkering with the idea of a Summer Court dragon to counterbalance the Iron Rose dragon (if you read its abilities and fluff it is part of the Unseelie court), or making the faerie dragon have age categories like in 2e.

Perhaps.

I should probably make the last 2 meta-dragons first, though. Or make another lung dragon.

PS: Also Arboreal dragons are close to being planar dragons what with the association in D&D between fey and Arborea.

Edit: Since we already have an Unseelie dragon focusing on the winter aspect. Also Ashwood is a forest defending dragon, but there needs to be more. Mu Lung could easily be adapted into one, too, (okay it is a forest defending dragon) but that would require giving it 3 more age categories.

Darkdream Dragon: It's presence causes nightmares and it can control animals. Focus on a more horror theme, invisibility, and abilities that do not require it to go directly into combat. Make it small (start at diminutive, reaching huge).

Lonicera Dragon: Ability to control vines, and mystical odors that have enchantment-esque effects.

Oak Dragon: The dragon of the virgin woods, the might iron oak dragons are a dying breed, only the oldest now survive. A dragon whose upper CR reaches mid 30s, and whose power is on par with the nobles of the fey courts themselves.

Just some quick ideas.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-04 at 09:28 PM.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

The Faerie Dragon in Draconomicon doesn't have age categories?

I'm gonna have to go find my copy... I think a friend borrowed it. >.>
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Nope it's flat CR 12; there's one online somewhere, I think it's a fan job, that did have age categories.

Also more ideas for faerie dragons:

Bluestar Dragon: A rarely seen dragon whose speed is legendary. Found in forests, it is said to flicker between reality and another world.

>.>
    I might be assuming that some sort of Plane of Faerie is in use.

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yes you are assuming correctly.

I can give you the fluff on the Plane I use. And it will be a plane I will be using in Sea's of Madness and another Campaign (One I'm going to start later on)

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

My assumption was more based upon my own use of such a plane; if you're emphasizing the fey you have to use some such sort of a plane.

Also Islomere's Knowledge (the Planes) check: [roll]1d20+12[/roll]
    Or would it be Knowledge (Nature): [roll]1d20+16[/roll]

I'd prefer as little OOC knowledge as possible

Edit: Can you not roll on this subforum?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2010-10-04 at 10:06 PM.

Current Projects: