New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default 3.5 Warbladed build help

Hey all, I'm starting a new campaign with my group of friends and I was going to build a human warblade. I'm thinking I want him to be tactical and powerhouse like a melee should be :P lol. My question is since he will be AoO build half way or full, since we are using a house rule: feat buy system. I know thicket of blades is definitely WIN, so how can I get it the fastest or easiest way so its optimized? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Warbladed build help

Need to know what sources are allowed first.

If all are allowed, I'd go with warforged. Use a guisarme for tripping and reach, and your slam attack for adjacent foes.

Thicket of Blades is a Devoted Spirit (Crusader only) stance, though, so you will have to spend Martial Study to get a maneuver and then another to get Martial Stance for Thicket of Blades.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh sorry about not clarifying before but all books are allowed. Also my concept is based on being human so yeah...lol. I haved tried a warforged crusader and it was cool, S&B lol. I know about tome of battle but just wondering if this is the best way to get my thicket of blades stance. im going the "obvious choice" spiked chain lol. I know getting thicket could be easy as warblade 6/ crusader 2 or i could use the feats martial study and stance. However, is there a faster way?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Other than multiclassing to Crusader for the required Crusader IL, or taking the feats, your only other option is to pick up a PrC.

I believe that Jade Pheonix Mage and Ruby Knight Vindicator both offer access to Devoted Spirit. I think their IL will stack directly with Warblade, making qualification for Thicket of Blades a little easier.