Wolf companion

TN (may change to NG)

STR 9
    DEX 10
    CON 11
    INT 15
    WIS 24
    CHA 9

Trait: uncivilized (-1 diplomacy for +1 handle animal)

Feats:
    Heavy armor proficiency (my one semi-flavor feat, I have an inherited set of wild dragonhide full plate)
    Natural spell

Taking Craft Wondrous Item at next level per group request.

Wolf companion

I'm a primary caster rather than a wild-shape fighter, focused on buffing and battlefield control. I'll be taking this character probably up to level 12 or so. I'm quite happy to make her as cheesed out as the playground can suggest, as I'm the only full caster in our party of 7 and it's my job to keep the melee going.

Taking suggestions for feats, level-dips, omg you should totally get this item, etc. Anything really.

Edit: All non-setting-specific 3.5 books are allowed except for SC. Dragon Magazine is ok, online supplements are not.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2010-09-24 at 11:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: 3.5/PF optimization: druid

Tier 1 class.
    Anthro-Bat w/druid
    Max wis
    Natural spell

I'd say you're doing pretty good already. Although stopping at level 12 does keep you from some of the more abusive PrCheese.

My advice? Keep on truckin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Tier 1 class.
    Anthro-Bat w/druid
    Max wis
    Natural spell

I'd say you're doing pretty good already. Although stopping at level 12 does keep you from some of the more abusive PrCheese.

My advice? Keep on truckin.
    Yeah I know. Our party's gonna need the cheese. Planar Shepard is out due to the book restrictions, unfortunately.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Ask your DM if it's okay for your inherited Armor to be Dragoncraft [Draconomicon, pg 117 ] as well. It will treat your set of Armor as medium instead of Heavy and save you the feat.

If you want to be stronger in melee i'd suggest swapping out the Wolf companion for the very popular Fleshraker, Dinosaur [MMIII]. Natural Bond [CAdv] to get rid of the negative level adjustment.
    Last edited by mikej; 2010-09-25 at 04:27 AM.
    mikej

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Knight View Post
    Just to save time:

Giacomo: Monks are as strong as wizards with UMD and partially charged wands.

[Respected forum members]: No they are not.

Giacomo: Yes they are. You all just abuse the rules.

[Rfm]: No u

G: No u

Repeat until someone challenges G to duel, which then never happens.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    Ask your DM if it's okay for your inherited Armor to be Dragoncraft [Draconomicon, pg 117 ] as well. It will treat your set of Armor as medium instead of Heavy and save you the feat.

If you want to be stronger in melee i'd suggest swapping out the Wolf companion for the very popular Fleshraker, Dinosaur [MMIII]. Natural Bond [CAdv] to get rid of the negative level adjustment.
    PF doesn't let you swap out animal companions I don't think. That and feat-swapping isn't in play anyways (character is already in play, so what's up there is non-negotiable).

Frankly we don't need melee, we've got two fighters, a barbarian, and ranger, and a rogue. The hard part is that I'm the only full caster in the party.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2010-09-25 at 06:42 AM.