New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Gaining additional swift/immediate actions

For a character I'm building, I need ways, be they feats, items, spells, soulmelds, etc, to gain additional swift actions per turn. Does anyone know of any that they could share with me? Thanks in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Gaining additional swift/immediate actions

Ruby Knight Vindicator 7 grants the ability Divine Impetus that allows you to burn a turn undead to gain a swift action.
    No levelled malice
    Infects one comma in the course I hold;
    But flies an eagle flight, bold, and forth on,
    Leaving no track behind.

Andrew Eldritch Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Psionic Tricks Handbook (WIP!)

Brainstorming thread for a Basic FAQ (WIP!)

Oh, and you can just call me KA.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Oops, I should have specified something earlier. My character is playtesting a homebrew class, and so adding other class levels or PrC levels won't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Getting extra swift actions is extremely rare. Getting extra immediate actions is pretty much impossible, aside from one high level, specific, and limited exception.

Extra immediate actions: Stance of Alacrity, an 8th level Diamond Mind stance from Tome of Battle, effectively gets you one additional immediate action that can only be used for Counter maneuvers. As far as I know, there is nothing else in all of WotC 3.5 material that will get you extra immediate actions on a single creature.

Extra swift actions: Shapechange into one of the two or three creatures that get a full-blown extra turn every round would do it; Ruby Knight Vindicator lets you convert Turn Undead uses into extra swift actions; there may be a small handful of other ways to do it.

In general swift and immediate actions are the hardest in the game to circumvent the 1/round limit, and there are very few ways to do it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranii View Post
    Oops, I should have specified something earlier. My character is playtesting a homebrew class, and so adding other class levels or PrC levels won't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    In that case, the answer is pretty much "not possible", unless this class is able to use Shapechange and you're willing to abuse one of its cheesier options.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2010-09-26 at 05:25 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't there an epic feat/SDA that adds an additional quickened spell in a round? Multispell or something? I've seen it a few times on the Iron Siege thread in the WotC forums, but it could be a Dicefreaks thing.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A few levels of factotum allows you to create extra standard actions for yourself, on your turn.

The Celerity spells allow you to turn your immediate action into a move, standard, or full action. You'll want to be immune to dazing or you'll lose your regular next turn. I use the Paladin spell Favored of the Martyr from Spell Compendium.
    Last edited by nargbop; 2010-09-27 at 02:14 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Isn't there an epic feat/SDA that adds an additional quickened spell in a round? Multispell or something? I've seen it a few times on the Iron Siege thread in the WotC forums, but it could be a Dicefreaks thing.
    Multispell lets you cast one additional quickened spell a round, per time you take it. It is older than swift actions. The way I would rule it working is that you can cast more than one quickened spell with your one swift action; alternately you may cast quickened spells after the first one as free actions which is almost the same thing.