New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default What to use as a wagon pulled by undead horses?

Need something to represent a 10x15 ft wagon pulled by two horses.

I could probably find some warhammer stuff but I don't really have the time.

Any crazy ideas?
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What to use as a wagon pulled by undead horses?

A coffin.

Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2010-09-29 at 12:18 AM.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

You might find a template you could copy and cut out in Arms & Equipment Guide.

Other than that - Play Doh/plasteceine?

4. - Top - End - #4

ah good call, thanks!
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

You could grab some skeletal horses that fit your scale (20mm [old LotR minis, some old TSR minis], 25mm [Ral Partha minis/M:tG minis], 28mm [DHL/Warlords/Warhammer Fantasy/Rackham] or 30mm scale [Warmachine/Hordes]) and mock up a greenstuff wagon. Probably a little more expensive, but you would have them for later use.
    Last edited by dsmiles; 2010-09-29 at 04:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

One of the signature traits of 3.5 was giving horses square rather than rectangular spaces. Most wagon-type models tend to place the horses close together. Maybe have a rule that horses can share the same space with minimal penalties?
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2010-09-29 at 05:33 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

7. - Top - End - #7

Two horses could 'squeeze' into the same space. Can't remember the penalties for squeezing - something like losing your dex bonus to AC

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    One of the signature traits of 3.5 was giving horses square rather than rectangular spaces. Most wagon-type models tend to place the horses close together. Maybe have a rule that horses can share the same space with minimal penalties?
    Personally, I stuck with the Large(Long) and Large(Tall) rules. It just made more sense to me. Horses aren't square, after all. They're more rectangular.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

We tend to improvise such things with the clear plastic dice boxes... the ones that usually have the black base. We've often got a ton around, and they're about the right size. Plus, you can stick figures on top of them to represent "in the wagon"
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

10. - Top - End - #10

Beholder

I'd just call the wagon "Huge" and give it a 15x15 space and have the horses squeeze next to each other at the front. It's pretty representative of the fact that the horses are tied to the wagon anyway, and wouldn't be able to dodge too well...