New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: PF CMB question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default PF CMB question

This is a situation that we've had come up with pathfinder. Two characters want to work together to attempt to grab a third. Each of the three characters has a roughly equal CMB. Logically the two characters should be able to gang up on the third and beat him easily, but we're not sure how to work this out mechanically.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PF CMB question

Either one of them uses Aid Another on the other's check, since that's the official mechanic for helping somebody else do something, or they both roll individual checks, thus providing double the chance that at least one of them beats the target's CMD.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

I can't give page numbers but nasally one character is the primary grappler and the others are aiding. It' +2 for each additional grappler.

Solaer a with a cmb of +10 tries to grapple a troll and 2friends help he gets +14 and when the troll tries to break free his cmd is +4 higher. It's all in the grapple section

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok thanks. I guess that's the one thing I was hoping they'd change in PF. I've always had a fondness for the small-size character that uses their size to pull off combat maneuvers and get an advantage on stuff like trip and grapple.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

There is not a huge penalty for being small to cmb it's -1 vs medium and there is a feat to use dex. So being small really isn't a huge penalty in pf. But nether is it an advantage

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo_Rat View Post
    There is not a huge penalty for being small to cmb it's -1 vs medium and there is a feat to use dex. So being small really isn't a huge penalty in pf. But nether is it an advantage
    Must have been CMD that I was thinking of. One of them makes you take a -4.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Their is a teamwork feat in the Advanced Players guide for just such a thing. Least I'm sure.

Coordinated Maneuvers (Page 156) Advanced Players Guide.

Looks like you can stack "Aid Another" on top of that as well.
    Remember no matter where you go. There you are.