New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Mullet: Thinking on how to do the Fireblast now

Josha: Any thoughts on the size of the other world? The book is kinda vague about how big the flat is.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Other Mother has massive update

The Night Fury just needs CR if you like it Mullet. Did you want the boss Dragon or the other critters from the manual next?
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Very nice. I'd like to have an addendum to the night fury that the save only applies to the splash damage, just to make it clear.

I'd love to see the boss dragon. The only ones from the manual that were particularly interesting [and aren't just reskins of the ones you've already done] are the Whispering Death, Thunderdrum and the armadillo one whose name i have forgotten...expect an edit.

If you want to leave off this for a little while, that's cool; it was a big request.

Edit: Ramming roller
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2011-03-02 at 01:03 PM.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

The Other Mother has a big update. I'm not sure what can use for Feats for her yet.

Night Fury has CR

Sea Dragon
    Colossal Plus Dragon
    Hit Dice: 120d12+1650 (2370 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), Fly 80' (Poor)
    Armor Class: 42 (-8 Size, +40 Natural), touch 2, flat-footed 42
    Base Attack/Grapple: +120/+160
    Attack: Bite +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20) or 1 Tail Sweep +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20)
    Full Attack: 1 Bite +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20) or 1 Tail Sweep +132 melee (6d6+20/19-20) and 2 Claws +127 melee (4d8+10)
    Space/Reach: 120 ft./120 ft.
    Special Attacks: Frightful Presence, Spew Fire 5/day, Trample, Improved Grab, Swallow Whole, Swat, Inhale, Charge, Big
    Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', dragon traits, Dr 20/-, Scent, Fire Resistance 15, Thick Armor
    Saves: Fort +79, Ref +62, Will +68
    Abilities: Str 50, Dex 10, Con 36, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 36
    Skills: Climb +75, Intimidate +133, Knowledge (Geography, History, Local, Nature) +39, Listen +56, Search +49, Spot +56, Survival +52, Swim +100
    Feats: Ability Focus (Spew Fire), Awesome Blow, Cleave, Clinging Breath, Defensive Sweep, Devastating Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Epic Fortitude, Epic Toughness x3, Epic Will, Eyes in the Back of Your Head, Flyby Attack, Great Cleave, Greater Powerful Charge, Heightened Breath, Hold the Line, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Improved Initiative, Large and in Charge, Lingering Breath, Maximize Breath, Overwhelming Assault, Overwhelming Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Power Attack, Power Climb, Power Critical (Bite, Tail Sweep), Power Dive, Powerful Charge, Shape Breath, Shock Wave, Tail Sweep Knockdown, Tempest Breath, Weapon Focus (Bite, Tail Sweep)
    Environment: Temperate Mountains
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 121+ HD (Colossal Plus)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Odin help us."

The Sea Dragon is an enormous dragon who spends it's existence intimidating the other dragons to steal food for it or be eaten themselves. It is a living engine of destruction covered in armor and spines, but fortunately it's a bit of a dumb tactician.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Whenever the Sea Dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead all creatures within 240' with fewer HD than it must make a DC 83 Willpower Save or be subjected to it's Frightful Presence (Save DC is Charisma based). Creatures with 4 or less HD are Panicked for 4d6 rounds, and those with 5 or more are Shaken for 4d6 rounds. Any opponents who successfully make the Save are immune to this Dragons Frightful Presence for 24 hours. Unlike normal, this ability affects other Dragons.

Spew Fire (Ex): 5 times per day the Sea Dragon can spew an enormous blast of fire as a Full Round Action doing 40d10 fire damage in an 80' Line (can breath once every 1d4 rounds, DC 85 Reflex Save for half damage, Save DC is Constitution based). If someone readies an Action to ignite the gas on the round the Sea Dragon spits fire, the gas ignites doing 800 damage to the Sea Dragon.

Trample (Ex): DC 90 Reflex Save for half damage, Save DC is Strength based. Unlike normal your Trample attack covers a 10' Area.

Improved Grab (Ex): If the Sea Dragon successfully Bites an opponent it can immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If successful it may then do bite damage or Swallow Whole.

Swallow Whole (Ex): The Sea Dragon may attempt to Swallow an opponent up to Huge Size with a successful Grapple Check. The swallowed creature takes 4d8+20 bludgeoning and 20 points of acid and fire damage per round it remains in the stomach. A swallowed victim can cut its way out by doing 75 points of damage with a Light slashing or piercing damage to the stomach (AC 30). Once they exit muscular action closes the hole and other swallowed creatures must find their own way out.

Swat (Ex): If the Sea Dragon successfully uses it's Tail Club or Claw Attacks on a Flying opponent they must make a DC 90 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Strength Based) or be knocked from the sky and take falling damage.

Inhale: As A Full Round Action the Sea Dragon may inhale, attempting to Swallow a Flying opponent of Large Size or smaller. The victim and Sea Dragon make an opposed Grapple Check (the Sea Dragon does not get it's Size Modifier of +20 or it's Strength Modifier, and the opponent gets a bonus to the roll equal to their flight speed divided by 5). If the Sea Dragon is successful it is now Grappling it's opponent and may Swallow them Whole the next round wit ha successful Grapple Check. The victim must be flying and in front of the Sea Dragon fro this ability to be used.

Charge (Ex): As a full round Action the Sea Drake can perform a Charge attack. It does 10d6+40 damage to everything in it's path, and get's a Bull Rush as a Free Action against each opponent it hits. It can keep going until one Bull RUsh attempt fails, or it reaches the end of it's movement.

Big (Ex): Your Claw and Bite attacks affect any 10' area within range of your reach to the front (bite) or sides (claws) of the dragon.

Thick Armor (Ex): The Sea Dragon retains it's Natural Armor Bonus to AC against attacks that aren't supernatural in origin, and is immune to critical hits and flanking.

Skills: Due to it's wide angle vision, Sea Dragons get a +4 Racial Bonus to Search and Spot Checks.

Notes: The source material assumes no supernatural abilities or spellcasting. In regular DnD add Spell Resistance equal to the Dragons Hit Dice, as well as Energy Resistance 50 (all types), and Fast Healing 30.

Combat:

work in progress
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-04-08 at 02:01 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

The OM is so far great, but I want her powers to have a bit more crunch to them.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

They're kinda vague cause the book doesn't flesh them out. I wanted to discuss some of those with you.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Sea Dragon has quick edit. Any abilities you think I should add?
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Mullet: does 120 HD seem okay?

Grub Servitor
    Large Outsider (Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 4d8+16 (34 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 13 (-1 Size, +3 Dex), touch 13, flat-footed 9
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+12
    Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
    Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Fury
    Special Qualities: Malleable, Influenced, DR 3/Slashing or Piercing
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 8
    Skills: Balance +11, Climb +11, Jump +11, Listen +6, Perform (Any 2) +6, Spot +6
    Feats: Endurance, Diehard
    Environment: The Other Demiplane
    Organization: Solitary or Pair
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: 5-8 HD (Large)

The Grub Servitors may or may not be natives of the Other Demiplane, but they are few in number, and seem to be completely under the thumb off the Other Mother, physically as well as mentally. On their own they resemble great grublike featureless things with button eyes, but they can be shaped by the Other Mother into bizarre imitations of other creatures the Other Mother has seen, usually the parents of children.

Fury (Ex): If the Grub is down to half hit points or has an eye removed it roars and seems to swell with power, gaining the Powerful Build ability and a +2 Circumstance Bonus to Damage rolls for (3+ Con Modifier) rounds.

Malleable (Ex): The Grubs have exceptionally malleable bodies over which they have little control if the Other Mother wishes to make changes. Due to their spongy, manipulable nature they are immune to flanking and critical hits. Their only true vulnerability are their button eyes. An opponent in melee range can make a Melee Touch Attack to grab one (or a Grapple Check if already in a Grapple) and then make a DC 16 Str Check to rip it off. If both are removed the Grub is blind.

Influenced (Ex): The Grubs can speak or do as they will unless the Other Mother objects. They receive a -6 Penalty on Saving Throws against any attack or ability she makes against them.

Combat: Initially Grubs are slow to attack as they try to fight the Other Mothers influence, but they inevitably fail and do their best to grab and devour opponents.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-03-14 at 01:25 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems...

I know this is going to sound odd, but it seems too accurate in combat for what the creature did in the film...

The Colossal plus category's penalty to hit won't stop it hitting automatically where it was avoidable in the film.

Not sure how to rectify that.

Perhaps pulling it down to 80HD and adding that it ALWAYS uses a silly amount of power attack? Or maybe applying the Epic rules in full so that it does the epic attack progression thing.

Yeah, with that many HD, i can't come up with anything...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

I could increase it to -16 and we could introduce some sort of dive for cover feat
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Other Mother and Grub up.

Does the increased penalty sound okay Mullet?
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

It would have some effect but I think this creature is going to be unusable as an opponent given the way 3.5 works.

I knoww you mentioned it early on but I hadn't really forseen how poorly D&D differentiates between going te to toe with it and not...

Probaby best to just abandon it or just make it for posterity.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

The grub servitors need stats.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Grub is done except CR if you have no objections, Other Mother is revised.

Mullet, I added some detail to teh Sea Dragon. If you still think it's pointless I'll skip it and do the other stuff.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Grub is done except CR if you have no objections, Other Mother is revised.

Mullet, I added some detail to teh Sea Dragon. If you still think it's pointless I'll skip it and do the other stuff.
    Bloody freaking brilliant!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Was reading this List, which is pretty funny. Anyways,
    163. Not allowed to try and make a dire version of any dog of the toy breeds.
    This was pretty funny, so...
    Dire chihuahua? Dire Pug? Dire Affenpinscher? Dire Brussels Griffon? Dire Shih Tzu?

Please?
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Dire Pug
    I want one! What would that look like?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright! Already googling "Dire Pug" brings this thread to the fourth item on the list! Now you HAVE to make it!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Now you HAVE to make it!
    YES! Every round it should have to roll on a health-problem table to see what horrible thing happens to it (seeing how pugs are so unhealthy and all). They list will have things like cranial arthritis, ingrown pelvis, plugged nose, hyperventilation, etc.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Jellybat
    Tiny Outsider (Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Climb 20', Fly 30' (Good)
    Armor Class: 15 (+2 Size, +2 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-10
    Attack: Webbing +3 Ranged Touch (entanglement)
    Full Attack: Webbing +3 Ranged Touch (entanglement)
    Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Webbing
    Special Qualities: Malleable, Influenced, Spider Climb
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 4
    Skills: Bluff +1, Climb +9, Hide +13, Listen +5, Perform +1, Spot +5
    Feats: Great Fortitude
    Environment: The Other Demiplane
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Swarm (10-100)
    Challenge Rating: 1/2
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: ---

Jellybats in their true form resemble something like a jellyfish with spiderlike legs and batlike wings. The Other Mother uses them to make pets for the children she entices, but for little else as they are not useful as fighters, and she already has the more dedicatedly evil rats as spies.

Webbing (Ex): Jellybats can produce webbing 8 times per day. It has a 50' range with a range increment of 10'. This is similar to an attack with a net, and can affect any creature up to Small Size. If two or more Jellybats cooperate, an they all attack successfully they can web a Medium creature (4 or more for Large, 8 or more for Huge, etc.). Entangled beings can make a DC10 Escape Artist or DC 14 Strength Check to escape (the Save DC is Constitution based with a +4 Racial Bonus to the Strength Check DC, with an additional +2 Bonus to both Checks for each extra participating Jellybat). The webbing has 2 hit points and 1 Hardness.

Malleable (Ex): The Jellybats have exceptionally malleable bodies over which they have little control if the Other Mother wishes to make changes. Due to their spongy, manipulable nature they are immune to flanking and critical hits.

Influenced (Ex): The Jellybats can speak or do as they will unless the Other Mother objects. They receive a -6 Penalty on Saving Throws against any attack or ability she makes against them.

Spider Climb (Ex): The Jellybats can climb as though they permanently had a Spider Climb spell in effect on their person.

Combat: Jellybats usually web opponents and flee. They aren't fighters.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-03-19 at 01:44 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Josha: Added jellybats, grub is done, OM just needs CR

Mullet: FInishing Sea Dragon since I started it, and then I can do some more of them if you want

Flabort: I'd swear at some point I did Dire Pugs. If I can't find them , they're up next.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? Lets check the list...
    Dire poison arrow frog
    dire porcupine
    dire rabbit
    uh... If it's in the list already, it's out of order.
    thanks, though.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

sorry, was in another part of the country for the weekend with no 'nets.

For the record, it looks like an interesting monster, just far too powerful to actually pit players against unless they're obscenely high level...

Might have to come up with some way of setting up a scenery based version of it [monster as the battlefield type thing]

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Sea Dragon updated

Other Mother finished, Jellybats updated. Should I give them webbing? It was never clear if it was them or the other mother who cocooned the sisters.

Dire Dog (Toy Breed)
    Medium Animal
    Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+3 Dex, +1 Natural), touch 13, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
    Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6)
    Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d6)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Trip
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Scent, Random Health problem
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 11, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Hide +4, Listen +2, Move Silently +4, Spot +2, Survival +2
    Feats: Track, Weapon Finesse (B)
    Environment: Domesticated
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Group (3-5)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 3-4 HD (Medium)

"It's got me by a sensitive place Abner. Do not bash it in the head when making your sneak attack."

Toy breeds are innumerable small size Dire Wolf mutants with varying degrees of health problems and insanities. Kept as pets, they often are more of a detriment to their master than his opponents due to their random unpredictable nature.

Trip (Ex): If the Toy Breed successfully hits with it's Bite Attack it may immediately make a Trip Attack as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If the attempt fails the opponent doesn't get a Trip attempt in return.

Random Health Problem (Ex): Choose from among one of the following health problems (this can't be switched later). Toy breeds are infamous for them:

Spontaneous Combustion: Anytime the dog takes damage it must make a Fortitude Save (DC is equal to 10 plus damage) or explode doing 5d6 fire damage in a 10' area.

Spontaneous Zombification: Anytime your dog goes to sleep roll 1d100. On a 1 it gains the Zombie template. If brought to less than 0 hit points it automatically gains the Zombie template.

Possible Madness: The dog is permanently Confused, as per the spell. CR 1/2

Fury: Anytime the dog is attacked, takes damage, or is upset it immediately goes into Frenzy (see Complete Warrior page 34). +1 CR

Fears: Anytime the dog is surprised or fails a Willpower Save that results in a Fear Effect or a Morale Penalty it becomes either Paralyzed in fear for 2d6 hours, or Panicked for a similar period of time. Interestingly if Panicked it doesn't need to move in a straight line away from the source of fear, but sometimes runs in circles around it. +1 CR

Projectile Vomiting/Other: Anytime the dog takes damage, makes a Saving Throw, or is in some way upset it sprays vomit in a 10' Line. Anything in that Area must make a DC 12 Fortitude Save or be Nauseated 1d3 rounds.

Flatulence Flight: Exactly one hour after the dog eats there is a small chance of explosive flatulence, temporarily giving it a Flight move of 40' for 1d6 rounds as long as it moves forwards or backwards in a straight line (or straight up).

Crippling Obesity: The dog is 5 times it's normal body weight. It becomes Fatigued by performing any Standard or Full Round Action, and Exhausted if it performs one 3 or more rounds in a row. On the other hand it's odd dimensions and mass give it a +8 Racial Bonus on Checks made to resist Bull Rush or Grapple Checks. It also gains DR 2/- from it's rippling yards of backfat.

Random Psychic Stare: At any given time the DM may roll 1d20. On a 20 result, the dog spontaneously develops an Int Score of 20 for 1d6 minutes along with the ability to cast Dominate at will (caster Level is equal to HD) as a Supernatural Ability. "Move along citizen this perfectly ordinary but staring Chihuahua has no unusual powers and its not a threat." +1 CR

OMG this shrubbery is alive: Due to some hideous malformation of it's normal hairiness, your dog looks like a hideously diseased bush when remaining still. It gains the Camouflage Ability listed on page 50 of the PHB). +1 CR

Jowly: Your dog has a huge head, increasing it's Bite damage to 1d8, but giving it a -8 Racial Penalty to Balance Checks.

Diseased: This dog carries any disease listed in the DMG, and merely touching it can transmit the infection regardless of how you can normally catch it. The dog is immune, the rest of you wish you were that lucky. +1 CR

Spontaneous Fainting: Anytime the dog is surprised or fails a Willpower Save that results in a Fear Effect or a Morale Penalty it becomes Unconscious for 1 minute. CR 1/2

Nervous: Anytime the dog is surprised or fails a Willpower Save that results in a Fear Effect or a Morale Penalty it does 2d6+6 damage to everything within 10' and then dies as it's nervous system implodes upon itself.

Combat: Toy Dogs vary. Some immediately flee combat, some are quick to charge and bite, and some are actual decent at it. Much of it varies with how sane hte dog is.

Variants:

Annoying (Affenpinscher, Bichon Frise, Chihuahua, Pekingese, Pomeranian, Shih Tzu): Your dog barks non stop granting it the following ability:

Yap (Ex): Your dogs non stop yapping gives everything within 60' a -4 to Concentration and Listen Checks.

Energetic (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Italian Greyhound, Lowchen, Miniature Pinscher, Silky Terrier, Toy Fox Terrier, Yorkshire Terrier): You dog runs about getting into things non-stop granting it the following ability:

Distracting (Ex): Your dog gets a +2 Racial Bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot Checks, but everything within 10' of him gets a -4 Penalty to Concentration Checks.

Stout (Boston Terrier, French Bulldog, Pug): You dog is more squat than normal giving him -10 land speed, increasing bite to 1d8, and giving him the following ability:

Improved Grab (Ex): If the Dog successfully hits with it's Bite Attack it immediately gets a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If successful it deals it's bite damage each round it maintains the Grapple. +1 CR
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-04-12 at 11:42 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Sea Dragon updated

Other Mother finished, Jellybats updated. Should I give them webbing? It was never clear if it was them or the other mother who cocooned the sisters.

Dire Dog (Toy Breed)
    Medium Animal
    Hit Dice: 2d8+
    Initiative:
    Armor Class: <#> (<AC bonus types>), touch <#>, flat-footed <#>
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+
    Attack: Bite +x melee ()
    Full Attack: Bite +x melee ()
    Special Attacks: YAP!
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort <#>, Ref <#>, Will <#>
    Abilities: Str <#>, Dex <#>, Con <#>, Int <#>, Wis <#>, Cha <#>
    Skills: Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival
    Feats:
    Challenge Rating:

work in progress
    I'm glad you finished the OM. She looks great.
    By the way, I don't think all little dogs in their dire form should have one general stat-block. After all, a pug is very different from a chihuahua. I don't even think pugs have the vocal equipment to yap.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Woo! Dire Toy Breeds!

Can't wait to see them finished.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by josha View Post
    I'm glad you finished the OM. She looks great.
    By the way, I don't think all little dogs in their dire form should have one general stat-block. After all, a pug is very different from a chihuahua. I don't even think pugs have the vocal equipment to yap.
    I'll be adding other variant abilities

Any thoughts on whether the jellybats should have webbing?
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Dire Dog (Toy Breed)
    Medium Animal
    Hit Dice: 2d8+
    Initiative:
    Armor Class: <#> (<AC bonus types>), touch <#>, flat-footed <#>
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+
    Attack: Bite +x melee ()
    Full Attack: Bite +x melee ()
    Special Attacks: YAP!
    Special Qualities: Low Light Vision, Scent
    Saves: Fort <#>, Ref <#>, Will <#>
    Abilities: Str <#>, Dex <#>, Con <#>, Int <#>, Wis <#>, Cha <#>
    Skills: Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival
    Feats:
    Challenge Rating:

work in progress
    Can't wait to see the players' faces when they're savaged by a dire Yorkshire terrier!
    Ut Abyssus per orbis terrarum.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

@Bhu
    I think the Webbing ability should belong to the Jellybats, not the OM.
    Also, I would love to see stats for the dire Boston Terrier and French Bulldog, although the ladder might be able to use pug stats.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Jellybats are done. There are 90 different toy breeds of dog :(

I may have to do a generic set of stats with some variants for those breeds which differ from the average.
    Orcs and Goblins