New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

so whats the breath weapon idea you have?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

so whats the breath weapon idea you have?
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

The severed heads in one of the big heads if consumed will allow the large head they are inside of to breath negative energy 1d? damage per head expended.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

How about a certain amount of damage with absorbing a head to give a boost? It can only hold so many heads, and if it fails to get new ones it effectively doesnt have the breath weapon.
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #605

Sure that works I guess. Also the max head storage would be multiplied by the number of main heads, so x12.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-01-07 at 12:07 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    Sure that works I guess. Also the max head storage would be multiplied by the number of main heads, so x12.
    He's got more HD so he can store a lot more heads already. For the swallow whole idea: does he still get to absorb the head?
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #607

Sure the heads in its stomach will eat all of a swallowed creature except for its head providing another head.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-01-11 at 02:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, Dat's you 'gain!

I'm... freaking out (in joy) now that I see this other place where there's a fair few IMCs.

A 20 level PrC... expecting a few epic level characters ? I think I'm going to take a level of beholder, then a few levels of multi headed.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    That is an incredible class. 10 additional heads total limits the monster more then the multi headed template, but it has all of those cool class abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Hey, Dat's you 'gain!

I'm... freaking out (in joy) now that I see this other place where there's a fair few IMCs.

A 20 level PrC... expecting a few epic level characters ? I think I'm going to take a level of beholder, then a few levels of multi headed.
    Imagine a multiheaded beholder mage with the multivoice feat. And then imagine that the multivoice feat allowed 1 spell per head. That could get crazy, like 11 meteor swarms crazy.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Hey, Dat's you 'gain!

That's not really me. That's Oslecamo's thread from the old bg forums, I'm just helping him move it to the new one.

Amy of those abilities you'd like me to borrow orpheus?
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-01-13 at 03:35 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #612

Thinking Head defiantly the other abilities are nice but you ether get them automatically from the MHC template or they add to various skill checks, hp, initiative, and saves. As homebrewers we can increase these things just because and say its a racial bonus.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

None of Briareus' SLA's require concentration tho i think. Unless i add some thinking head won't be too spectacular.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #614

Yes however the Briareus can have the original head cast a SLA, use Thinking Head to have a second head cast an SLA, and maybe a third head can if we add Multivoice the other 9 heads can all bite, breath weapon, or drink potions. We could even add Thinking Head multiple time so every head has the option to cast a SLA. The point is that it will be able to get all of its minions out with create undead in the first round and not bring them out gradually. Adding more spells would be nice though.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-01-14 at 02:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

I added 7 levels of the evolved undead template. Hows the cr/AC look now?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #616

Thats a bit better. The more spell-likes are also cool.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Nother uupdate, anything else you'd like me to add?
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #618

Seems legit for now.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Multiple posts for multiple heads?

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

it's proly from teh 503 error we keep getting
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #621

Sorry it must have happened when I lost electricity.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

i have any requests open sides spiderman and venom left?
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

i have any requests open sides spiderman and venom left?
    Nope. I trust you. I can't wait.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

who you want first?
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

guess we'll just pick one first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-...e_spider-sense

Spiderman
    Medium Humanoid (Human)
    Hit Dice: 30d8+90 (225 hp)
    Initiative: +25
    Speed: 185 ft. (37 squares), Climb 90 ft.
    Armor Class: 39 (+17 Dex, +8 Wis, +4 Natural), touch 35, flat-footed 22
    Base Attack/Grapple: +22/+40
    Attack: Unarmed Strike +40 melee (2d10+18)
    Full Attack: 2 Unarmed Strikes +40 melee (2d10+18)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Superhuman Strength, Flurry, Webbing
    Special Qualities: Superhuman Endurance, Superhuman Reflexes, Gadgets, Spiderclimb, Spider Sense, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Evasion, Improved Evasion, Defensive Roll, Slippery Mind,
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +44, Will +14
    Abilities: Str 47, Dex 45, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 13
    Skills: Balance +17, Bluff +15, Climb +18, Computer Use +12, Concentration +16, Craft (Chemical, Electronical, Mechanical, Visual Art) +15, Disable Device +12, Drive +17, Escape Artist +17, Gather Information +15, Hide +17, Investigate +12, Jump +78, Knowledge (Current Events, Physical Sciences, Technology) +12, Listen +12, Move Silently +17, Navigate +12, Profession (Photographer, Scientist) +12, Repair +12, Research +12, Search +12, Sleight of Hand +17, Spot +12, Swim +18, Tumble +17
    Feats: Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exhausting Defense, Fleet of Foot, Goad, Improved Disarm, Lightning Reflexes, Prone Attack, Run, Acrobatic Strike (B), Brachiation (B), Combat Acrobat (B), Cunning Evasion (B), Elusive Target (B), Improved Feint (B), Improved Grapple (B), Improved Trip (B), Improved Unarmed Strike (B), Lightning Reflexes (B), Melee Evasion (B), Mobility (B), Roofwalker (B)
    Environment: Urban
    Organization: Unique
    Challenge Rating: 30
    ]Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Advancement: 31+ HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment: ---

It's Spiderman yo. Do I really need to write a bio ;)

Superhuman Strength (Ex): Spiderman is incredibly strong and effectively has both the Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple Feats. His unarmed Strikes do 2d10 plus Strength Modifier, and do lethal damage unless he pulls his punches deliberately. He automatically does his unarmed strike damage during Grapples as if he had the Constrict Ability.

Superhuman Endurance (Ex): Spiderman has a Natural AC Bonus equal to his Constitution Modifier, and heals hit points and temporary Ability damage at twice the natural rate. He takes half damage from falls at any height. He gains a +4 Resistance Bonus to Fortitude Saves with the exception of ethyl chloride which is a poison used to kill spiders.

Superhuman Reflexes (Ex): Spidermans natural reflexes and Spider Sense grant him several Bonus Feats listed above: Acrobatic Strike, Brachiation, Combat Acrobat, Cunning Evasion, Elusive Target, Improved Feint, Improved Trip, Melee Evasion, Mobility and Roofwalker.

Flurry (Ex): As a Full Attack Spiderman can flurry with his Slam attack doing 4 strikes at (highest BAB -2).

Webbing (Ex): Spiderman can use his web shooters for various purposes. He can use them to brachiate (as per the Feat) when there are tall buildings nearby (or other structures a webline can be attached to). He can also improvise small structures such as parachutes, dummies, clubs, gliders, trampolines, thick gloves, nets, bandages, slings, shields, plugs, patches, hammocks, or water tight bubbles for underwater breathing. Each webline is a Swift Action, making objects is a Swift Action if they are Tiny or smaller, a Standard Action for Small, or Full Round for Medium to Large. Weblines use 1 charge, while objects use 1 charge for Tiny or Smaller objects, 2 for Medium, of 4 for Large. By expending one charge he can attack an opponent and attempt to entangle them as a Standard Action. This attack has a maximum range of 120', and a Range Increment of 12'. Opponents can escape with a DC 29 Escape Artist Check or a DC 34 Strength Check. The webbing has 6 hp and Hardness 5 per 5' area. Spiderman can pile on in subsequent rounds increasing the Check DC's by +2 per round, the hit points by 6, and the Hardness by 1. Save DC is (10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus a +4 Racial Bonus for the Escape Artist DC and a +9 for the Strength Check). He can also web a 5' square as a Swift Action for 1 charge. Any opponent moving through has to make a DC 34 Strength Check to leave the square if they touch the webbing within 1 minute. The Save DC's of the webbing drop by -2 each hour as it disintegrates. It also loses 2 hp and 1 Hardness. By expending one charge as a Standard Action Spiderman can make a ranged Disarm attack by webbing a ranged weapon to his opponents hand making it unusable. Range is same for the more conventional webbing attack. Each shooter has 50 charges, and switching cartridges is a Move Action.

Gadgets: Spiderman has several gadgets on hs utility belt including extra web cartridges, a uv flashlight, and a camera. He also has his Spider Tracers, small radio transmitters he can tune into with his spider sense. So long as they are within 20 miles he knows their exact location, and smart opponents have been able to rig them to interfere with his spider sense.

Spider Climb (Ex): Spiderman permanently has the effects of a Spider Climb spell upon his person (except his Climb Speed is the one listed above). It requires a Strength Check to pull him from a wall if he does not willingly wish to let go. This ability only works though thin cloth, and he may use it on any portion of his body thereby 'holding' items without belts by simply attaching them to himself. He can maintain equilibrium on any surface in any position, even when hanging from ceilings.

Spider Sense (Ex): Spiderman has a sort of mild precognition. It manifests as Blindsight 60', and is detailed enough he can tell how many fingers someone in the room is holding up even while physically blind. It also gives him a Bonus equal to twice his Wisdom Modifier on his Armor Class, Reflex Saves, and Initiative Checks. He may also use it to tune into some radio frequencies and may be able to overhear conversations on them. He must make a DC 30 Fortitude Save in the event of a sudden dire threat (end of the world/universe type stuff) or be Stunned 1 round from the pain. This ability even functions when he is asleep, and he has no penalties to sense potential attackers when unconscious. He also knows when he is the subject of a Divination spell even if he has failed the Save against it since he knows he is being observed (though not necessarily by who). He gains a Bonus equal to his Wisdom Score on Spot Checks to see through Disguise attempts or to detect whether or not someone has a weapon hidden on their person. If he becomes Exhausted the Bonuses from this Ability are halved until he gains rest.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Evasion (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Improved Evasion (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 51 of the PHB.

Defensive Roll (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 51 of the PHB.

Slippery Mind (Ex): Identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB.

Skills: Spiderman can always Take 10 on Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble Checks. He takes no penalty on Balance, Jump or Tumble Checks due to speed, and does not become Flat-Footed while making a Balance Check. Spiderman's maximum Jump height is not limited by his Size Class. Spiderman gains a +60 Racial Bonus to all Jump Check's.

Combat: Spiderman prefers to bring opponents in alive so he prefers to use non-lethal damage in conjunction with his webs. He knows some minor martial arts but most of his fighting ability comes from his powers.

Feats not in PHB may be found here:

PHB II: Acrobatic Strike, Combat Acrobat, Cunning Evasion, Melee Evasion
    Cityscape: Roofwalker
    Complete Adventurer: Brachiation, Goad
    Complete Warrior: Elusive Target, Fleet of Foot, Prone Attack
    Dragon Magazine #345
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-03-29 at 03:50 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

minor update

any objections so far?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

now for the 'what alignment is psidey argument'
    Well, "Good", for sure. Whether he's Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic, though... I can see lawful, because he insists on responsibility. I can see Chaotic, because he gets in trouble with the law; Often. But they balance out petty well, so I'd say he's Neutral Good.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

spidey update, should i give him Taunt maybe?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I can't find this anywhere, but can spidey actually run any faster than a normal human being?
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #630
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay I can't find this anywhere, but can spidey actually run any faster than a normal human being?
    Here is a section of the Spiderman Abilities and Equipment wikipedia page:
    Spider-Man can leap several stories vertically or the width of a city street. While his running speed has never been definitely established, he can run at superhuman speed for short sprints and has been shown to be easily capable of overtaking fast-moving cars, but nearly always prefers using his weblines to travel
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png