New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

I need to finish another online gig because Im being sued for back taxes. Gimme a bit longer and I'll be back.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I need to finish another online gig because Im being sued for back taxes. Gimme a bit longer and I'll be back.
    That's unfortunate to hear! (not the delay, moreso the sueing part)

I wish you a speedy recover in that issue.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

3. - Top - End - #723
    Firbolg in the Playground

I hope everything gets cleared up soon as well.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

walrus and wombat are done

ouroboros needs feats, and maybe new SLA's if you don't like the current ones
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #725

I like the Walrus, well done. Thanks for doing it for me. Has the taxes thing cleared up?

6. - Top - End - #726

ouroboros needs feats, and maybe new SLA's if you don't like the current ones
    SLA's look good. They inspire fear, infuse negative energy into all within 220 ft., create barriers made of damaged souls, drain the life of those nearby, and inflict negative levels on any who touch it.

Seems like it would be a great for a boss battle.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

7. - Top - End - #727

I looked at the ouroboros and realized the SLAs don't have a CL. Also, are you sure that you don't want the bite to do any normal damage, as is the ouroboros can't hurt undead, meaning that it being able to detect incorporeal ones has pretty much no point.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    I looked at the ouroboros and realized the SLAs don't have a CL. Also, are you sure that you don't want the bite to do any normal damage, as is the ouroboros can't hurt undead, meaning that it being able to detect incorporeal ones has pretty much no point.
    For SLA's if no CL is mentioned caster level is by default equal to Hit Dice. I'll have to ask Milo about the bite the Ouroboros is his request.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #729

For SLA's if no CL is mentioned caster level is by default equal to Hit Dice. I'll have to ask Milo about the bite the Ouroboros is his request.
    So CL 40, that is pretty high. Still, he is CR 20 so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

10. - Top - End - #730

I'll have to ask Milo about the bite the Ouroboros is his request.
    It might be good to give a physical damage for the Ouroboros, in case one of the players is undead.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

Wombat of Doom
    Colossal Magical Beast
    Love it, Bhu! Thanks so much! (it is done, right?)
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

unless you want any modifications yes
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

ouroboros is done unless you want changes. Still think it's a cr 20?
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #734

ouroboros is done unless you want changes. Still think it's a cr 20?
    Looks good, especially the Snatch and Blinding Speed. It will make a great boss monster.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It!_%281966_film%29
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlzz3qf7jkQ

IT!
    Large Construct (Evil)
    Hit Dice: 42d10+240 (471 hp)
    Initiative: -2
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 47 (-1 Size, -2 Dex, +40 Natural), touch 7, flat-footed 47
    Base Attack/Grapple: +31/+49
    Attack: Slam +45 melee (3d6+15)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +45 melee (3d6+15)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Constrict, Unstoppable
    Special Qualities: Dark Vision 60', Construct Traits, Invulnerability, Statue, Obeyance, DR 10/-
    Saves: Fort +18, Ref +12, Will +23
    Abilities: Str 40, Dex 6, Con -, Int 16, Wis 20, Cha 20
    Skills: Bluff +30, Climb +25, Intimidate +35, Knowledge (Arcana, Architecture, History, Local, Religion) +23, Listen +25, Move Silently +18, Spot +25
    Feats: Awesome Blow, Epic Fortitude, Epic Toughness x7, Epic Will, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Grab, Large and in Charge, Multigrab, Power Attack
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Unique
    Challenge Rating: 18
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 42+ HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: ---

The Golem of Prague is a large roughly hewn statue whose artistic style is somewhat alien. Inscribed upon it is "Judah Loew, Prague, 15xx" with the last two digits un-readable. On it's robe in Hebrew is the following:

"Power bringeth destruction; beware, lest it be unleashed."

"He who will find the secret of my life at his feet, him will I serve until beyond time.
    "He who shall evoke me in the 17th century, beware, for I cannot by fire be destroyed.
    "He who shall evoke me in the 18th century, beware, for I cannot by fire or by water be destroyed.
    "He who evokes me in the 19th century, beware, for I cannot by fire or by water or by force be destroyed.
    "He who in the 20th century shall dare evoke me, beware, for neither by fire, nor water, nor force, nor anything by man created can I be destroyed.
    "He who in the 21st century evokes me must be of God's hand himself because on this earth the person of man existeth no more."

Hidden in a small compartment at the Golem's right foot is a scroll with the word 'emet' (truth) written on it. Placing it in the Golem's mouth brings it to life as your servitor, and it will serve until your death at which point it wonders the world aimlessly, or goes back into hiding as a statue awaiting a new century, and greater invulnerability. The Golem truly wants to be awoken in the 21st century when it will be virtually impossible to destroy. Nor does it seem entirely bound to be inanimate as it murders several people, but only when no one is looking. It wants to be thought of as a statue until it is only vulnerable to divine intervention. It always returns to it's pedestal after being ordered on a mission to avoid suspicion. The Golem appears to understand most languages but is incapable of speaking.

Improved Grab (Ex): The Golem may make a Grapple Check against a being of any Size Class without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.

Constrict (Ex): The Golem does 6d6+30 damage with a successful Grapple Check.

Unstoppable (Ex): The Golems attacks are considered Adamantine for purposes of ignoring Damage Reduction, and they ignore Hardness.

Invulnerability (Ex): As the spell to awaken the Golem is cast it becomes increasingly harder to destroy. If awakened in the 17th century it is immune to Fire damage unless it comes from a divine source (i.e. anyone with a Divine Rank or a Major Artifact created by one).

If awakened in the 18th century it similarly becomes immune to Acid and Cold damage.

If awakened in the 19th century it similarly becomes immune to physical and Force damage.

If awakened in the 20th century it similarly becomes immune to any weapon or item created by mortals (in other words magic items or even nuclear weapons).

If awakened in the 21st century the Golem is immune to all damage that does not have a divine origin. An artifact or Divine rank is required to harm it.

Statue (Ex): The Golem can remain perfectly still for as long as it wants. Unless someone knows what it is they are incapable of telling it from the average statue.

Obeyance: Whoever finds the scroll hidden in the Golems foot and places it in it's mouth becomes it's Master. The Golem must obey his orders, though it usually finds a way to twist those orders to bring it's master misfortune (and it will not obey orders to leave). The Golem will serve until his death before going on a rampage temporarily and then fleeing to await being found again in a later age so it can gain ever more power.

Combat: The Golem kills in secret. Anyone alone in a room with it is at risk, as it may murder you if it senses you are a problem for it's master or a threat to it. Preferably it will be done in a way that doesn't imply the statue did it, such as strangulation or the use of an improvised weapon so as to avoid blood getting on the statue. Once revealed the Golem simply becomes a slowly walking engine of destruction, quietly beating to death anything in it's path.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-11-26 at 11:53 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

If it only has one slam attack as a full attack, its damage should be 1.5 times its Str modifier. It either would have two slams doing +15 damage or 1 slam doing +22 damage,.

You gave it Toughness X7, which would give it a bonus of 21 hit points in addition to the 30 bonus hit points for being a Large Construct but they aren't showing up on the HD line.

Hit Dice: 42d10+51 (282 hp) Note: you need a special ability to explain why it has maximum hit points per hit die. 42d10+51 (471 hp). If it only has a CR 18 it doesn't need maximum hit points (more on this below).

If you are going to use non-core feats, please cite to the books. It makes looking at this a lot tougher. I think it is missing a feat.

CR on this is pretty high BUT wish could remove the invulnerability and other spells can prevent it from taking action. It's hard to judge. I'd say no higher than 18 even with all the abilities.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Fixed the slam issue, EPic Toughness adds +30 hp each time you take it, all feats can be found at dndtools.eu

I has misseded u!
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Dryad, Durian
    Medium Fey
    Hit Dice: 4d6+24 (38 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+7 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+2
    Attack: Spines +2 melee (1d4)
    Full Attack: Spines +2 melee (1d4)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Stank
    Special Qualities: DR 5/Cold Iron, Tree Dependent, Wild Empathy, Spiny
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 11, Con 19, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 16
    Skills: Bluff +10, Handle Animal +10, Hide +7, Knowledge (Nature) +9, Listen +10, Spot +10, Survival +10, Use Rope +7
    Feats: Ability Focus (Stank), Great Fortitude
    Environment: Warm Forest
    Organization: Solitary or Clump (3-6)
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: By Character Class
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Pelor's Beard, what is that smell?"

"It's my natural musk. Of course you don't like it being all gay elf Paladin."

"How many times must I tell your kind I'm not gay, I just have common sense?"

The dryads of Durian fruit trees are buxom (chubby), greenish, and kind of spiny. They make up for the stank by being more licentious and unreasonable than their more conventional sisters. Despite their smell, many people are said to find their company addictive.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will: Mage Burr (Complete Scoundrel), Speak with Plants, Tree Shape

3/day: Charm Person, Stinking Cloud, Tree Stride

1/day: Spike Growth

Stank (Ex): Living creatures within 10 feet must succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude save or be sickened for 1d6+4 minutes. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same Dryad's stench for 24 hours. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effect from a sickened creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected, and creatures resistant to poison receive their normal bonus on their saving throws. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Tree Dependent (Su): This works exactly like the Dryad ability on page 90 of the MM.

Wild Empathy (Ex): This works like the Druid's Class Ability of the same name except the Dryad has a +6 Racial Bonus on the Check.

Spiny (Ex): Opponents who hit the Dryad with an Unarmed Strike, Natural Weapon, or a Grapple take 1d4 plus their own Str Modifier in piercing damage.

Combat: Durian Dryads tend to be defensive fighters. This does not mean they will not harm you. As a matter of fact once their smell has you on the ground horking your guts up they tend to kick the living crap out of you.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-11-22 at 07:26 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I request a monkey and a non-dire chicken?
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Monkey is in the Monster Manual already. Or do you mean a Dire Monkey?

I know someone has already done chicken stats lemme find em

Edit: I knew someone had beat me to chickens. There's several varieties here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archi...?t-167722.html
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-11-05 at 10:16 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Monkey is in the Monster Manual already. Or do you mean a Dire Monkey?

I know someone has already done chicken stats lemme find em

Edit: I knew someone had beat me to chickens. There's several varieties here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archi...?t-167722.html
    Yeah... I noticed the monkey in the SRD after posting this. I forgot the pfsrd doesn't have the same set of monsters as d20srd. On that note, I also found the entropic and resolute templates in PF, so that will be fun
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

THE BEAVER FOLK

"One more beaver fever joke, and I _______ swear to Gawd..."

Small anthropoid Beavers. With Cajun accents. Just because.

RACE RACIAL TRAITS
    · +2 Con, -2 Wis
    · Size Class: Small. +1 Size Bonus to Armor Class and Attack Rolls. +4 Size Bonus to Hide Checks. -4 Size Penalty to Bull Rush, Grapple, Overrun, and Trip Checks. Lifting and Carrying Limits are half those of a Medium character. Space is 5', Reach is 5'.
    · Monstrous Humanoid, giving you Darkvision 60'.
    · Base Land speed 20'
    · Base Swim speed 20'
    · +1 Natural AC Bonus
    · Hold Breath (Ex): Beavers can hold their breath underwater a number of rounds equal to 4 times their Constitution Score before they risk drowning.
    · Beavers have a Primary Bite Attack doing 1d4 plus Strength Modifier.
    · Beavers have a +8 Racial Bonus to Swim Checks, and can always Take 10 on a Swim Check. They may use the Run Action while swimming in a straight line. They also gain a +4 Racial Bonus on Craft (woodworking) and Survival Checks.
    · Automatic Languages: Common and Beaver. Bonus Languages: Bonus languages generally depend on who or what lives nearby.
    · Level Adjustment: +0
    · Favored Class: Scout

STARTING AGE
    Adulthood: 14
    Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
    Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
    Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
    Middle Age: 30
    Old: 45
    Venerable: 60
    Maximum Age: +2d10 years

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
    Base Height: Male: 3'0" Female: 2'10"
    Height Modifier: +2d4"
    Base Weight: Male: 40 lbs. Female: 35 lbs.
    Weight Modifier: x1 lb.

BEAVER CHARACTERS
    If you want to play a small, hardy semi aquatic race the Beaver is a go. The extra Con makes them decent tanks even if they will need some help with their Will Saves. Plus you're a Beaver. If you can't play up that comic angle you're in trouble.
    Adventuring Race: Usually you only adventure to right some perceived wrong against you or your loved ones, or because you reeeeally need money. You don't like leaving the community unless need or danger makes it necessary.
    Character Development: You're a common, hard working redneck (the good kind). You keep your nose out of other peoples business, and they do the same for you. Or they get whooped. You may not much care for outsiders or people different from yourself, but you believe in hospitality and are willing to accept anyone who doesn't cause trouble.
    Character Names: Males: Albert, Andre, Etienne, Henri, Jacques, Jean, Justin, Louis, Maurice, Papite, Paul, Raoul, Remy, Sebastion, Theophile, Zachary. Female: Ada, Adele, Adrienne, Anne, Betty, Claire, Claudine, Clemntine, Clothilde, Deborah, Dee, Enola, Francine, Georgette, Laurie, Madeline, Marie, Mattie, Odette, Olive, Sarah, Sharon, Sherri, Tami, Therese. Surnames: Allain, Arcenaux, Aucoin, Babin, Babineaux, Bellefontaine, Benoit, Bergeron, Bernard, Blanchard, Boudreaux, Bourque, Bourgeois, Boutin, Brasseaux, Braud, Breaux, Broussard, Brun, Bujeau, Castille, Chiasson, Comeaux, Cormier, Cyr, Daigle, Derouen, David, Doucet, Dugas, Dupuis, Foret, Gaudet, Gautreaux, Giroir, Godin, Granger, Gravois, Guidry, Guilbeau, Hebert, Jeansonne, La Bauve, Landry, Langlinais, LeBlanc, Leger, LeJeune, Guidry, Martin, Melancon, Mire, Mouton, Naquin, Orillon, Part, Pellerin, Pitre, Poirier, Prejean, Richard, Rivet, Robichaud, Rodrigue, Roger, Roy, Savoie, Sonnier, Thériot, Thibodeaux, Trahan, Vincent.

ROLEPLAYING A BEAVER
    There are a fair amount of misconceptions about your race and it's culture, and it can be tedious to deal with them. Then there are the *******s who make fun of your teeth or your tail. The teeth won't be so damn funny when you're using them to gnaw off their left buttcheek.
    Personality: Beavers are fairly laid back and patient. It takes a bit to tick them off usually, other than violating their privacy. Beavers are a very private folk and don't tolerate invasions of such well. Even then they prefer a good old fashioned fistfight to actual lethal combat.
    Behaviors: Your fairly calm for the most part unless someone butts in on your business. Then you politely tell them to sod off or fight. Other than that you enjoy the simple pleasures of life such as food and drink. Fishing is also quite the common past time as are building competitions.
    Language: Beavers speak their own dialect of Furry, much like the other Furry races.

BEAVER SOCIETY
    Beavers are well known for their native cuisine, music, and religious beliefs. Since their tightly knit communities don't interact much with others beyond holidays and trade, many nearby cultures find them fascinating.
    Alignment : Beavers are generally Neutral with the more fun loving sort drifting towards Chaotic or Good tendencies.
    Lands : Beavers live near lakes and rivers, usually in cold or temperate areas.
    Settlements : Beavers rarely settle, and usually only in places with access to water.
    Beliefs : Beavers usually worship the Furry Pantheon or the Nature Pantheon, and are fairly devout.
    Relations: Given their reputation as fun loving craftsmen, the Beavers get along well with others. And if they don't they dam up the river and dry up their water supply! But seriously as long as you aren't foolish they're kinda hard to offend in the long term.

BEAVER ADVENTURES
    · A passing Balor called your mama 'fugly' and that just ain't right. Time to form a lynch mob and hang him! Or...y'know...whatever it is you do to Balors...
    · Local humanoids are damming the river upstream. That's your job. Time they were reminded of that.
    · Your uncle Louie's moonshine could put down a Frost Giant. But it's all gone missing. Time to find out how before Louie has a stroke, cause he ain't passed on the recipe!
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Fixed the slam issue, EPic Toughness adds +30 hp each time you take it
    You've still got the HD line wrong on IT.

Hit Dice: 42d10+240 (471 hp)

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

thanks debbies!!

yes this is the Ravenloft Critter before anyone asks

VAMPYRES

"Do I feel dead to you?"

Vampyres are an ancient race who began specifically preying on humans and the occasional elf. They stand under 6' tall and are usually exceptionally beautiful (though some are spectacularly hideous due to inbreeding). They are slender with very pale skin and dark eyes. They have retractable claws that look like sharp nails, and fanged incisors. Their facial features are exotic and some say they have a slight feline cast. They prefer dark, somber clothing (though attractive members often dress like streetwalkers to attract prey).

VAMPYRE RACIAL TRAITS
    · +2 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Cha
    · Size Class: Medium
    · Type: Monstrous Humanoid, giving them 60 ft. Darkvision
    · Base land speed 30 ft.
    · +5 Natural Armor Bonus
    · Blood Drain (Ex): A Vampyre can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the Vampyre gains 5 temporary hit points. Vampyres feed in this manner and do not require food or water. They must drain at least 1 point of Constitution per day or begin suffering the effects of Starvation (see DMG).
    · Charm Toxin (Ex): Vampyre saliva is particularly toxic and victims who are bitten must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier plus 1/2 the damage done by the Bite attack). If he fails he is affected as if by a Charm Person spell. Unlike normal the Charmed victim will not resist the bite of the Vampyre who bit him (however he will still fight other Vampyres), and the duration is 24 hours.
    · Vampyres have a Primary Claw attack doing 1d4 plus Strength Bonus, and a Secondary Bite attack doing 1d6 plus half Strength Bonus plus Charm Toxin. They get 2 Claw attacks and 1 Bite attack with a Full Attack. They are proficient with all Simple Weapons.
    · A Vampyre has 8 Racial Hit Dice, giving it the following: 8d8 Hit Points, +8 base Attack Bonus, +2 Fort Save, +6 Ref Save, +6 Will Save, and (2 + Int modifier) skill points per level (with times 4 skill points for the first level). Class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot. They also get 3 Feats.
    · Automatic and Bonus Languages: Vampyres automatically speak Common. Bonus languages: Any Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid language or Giant.
    · Level Adjustment : +2
    · Favored Class: Rogue

STARTING AGE
    Adulthood: 10
    Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
    Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
    Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
    Middle Age: 50 years
    Old: 75 years
    Venerable: 100 years
    Maximum Age: +5d20 years

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
    Base Height: Male: 4'11" Female: 4'8"
    Height Modifier: +2d10
    Base Weight: Male: 125 lbs. Female: 85 lbs.
    Weight Modifier: x (2d4) lbs.

VAMPYRE CHARACTERS
    Given their stats, Vampyres make decent Cha based gishes or melee fighters. Since they have no penalty stats they can really try just about anything, they;re just obviously better at some than others.
    Adventuring Race: Vampyres go adventuring because they've been found out and need to flee the area, or because they're pack was wiped out and they need an excuse to disappear. Many sign as traveling mercenaries as cover. It works well since they can travel by day and don't appear as Undead.
    Character Development: You need blood to live, so do everything you can to build up Grappling if you intend to take it by force. If you just intend to buy small animals like chickens and drain them (an option you find appalling for more reasons than the taste) you can concentrate elsewhere. If you aren't physically tough you may want to pick up a few Levels of Beguiler or another class that lets you enchant people from a distance.
    Character Names: Vampyres use the naming conventions of their prey as they need to fit in locally to avoid detection.

ROLEPLAYING A VAMPYRE
    Vampyres are sociopaths almost without exception. They have some vague sense of kinship with one another due to their reliance on each other to obtain food, but all other races are either food or competition. It would be a very special Vampyre indeed who could learn to put this insularity behind them long enough to accept another species as a companion, and if they were starving they'd still consider eating him. Unlike undead their need for blood isn't a compulsion, it's food. For them to eat a living being must die or be made ill. They can't afford sympathy or mercy.
    Personality: Vampyres have trust issues. Xenophobic as a whole they rarely even meet their own kind beyond their immediate family except for special occasions. They have to show restraint lest they indulge incestually, so when two or more packs meet the party is fairly massive (assuming one pack moves on and doesn't settle down as competition). They're too paranoid (and repulsed) to indulge in interspecies romances. They aren't renowned for willpower and are afraid they will reveal themselves interacting with other races if they lose control when they get hungry.
    Behaviors: Vampyres spend most of their time practicing seduction and stalking in order to perfect their hunting techniques. They're also taught healing, torture, and humanoid anatomy in order to preserve victims and keep them alive longer in order to provide more blood. Being pack predators they often practice psychological warfare and intimidation on one another not only to maintain/improve their position in the pack hierarchy but to hone their skills for emergencies (such as when they get caught).
    Language: Vampyres have no native language (at least none they remember), but instead learn the languages spoken by the humanoids around them.

VAMPYRE SOCIETY
    Vampyres are ambush predators that travel in packs. They send the most attractive member to fetch a human and lure it back with promises of sex or reward before they all fall on the prey keeping it alive as long as possible. On the rare chance they meet their own kind there is usually a large murder spree as they take the rare chance to indulge in mating (not that they mind incest but they try to avoid it). Vampyres undergo a ritual at age 10 involving their solo killing prey. If they succeed they are considered adults. Rare is the small pack who will join a community as some sort of disguise. It's easier to lurk on the outskirts and take what they need.
    Alignment : Vampyres are Evil almost without exception, and the vast majority are Chaotic as well. Some may be Neutral but none are Good or Lawful. Their food source precludes them being sympathetic or willing to obey others who aren't more powerful than them. They are amoral in every sense of the word.
    Lands : Vampyres are generally urban predators, living anywhere humans or humanlike beings live. Some also live in the wilderness but theirs is a much harder life. They can feed on the blood of any being, but their Charm Toxin only works on Humanoids.
    Settlements : As mentioned Vampyres follow their prey. Where humans go they follow.
    Beliefs: Vampyres are somewhat narcissistic and callous, which doesn't lead them to worship deities other than those who are also fairly evil and don't make demands that interfere with the Vampyre lifestyle.
    Relations: Other races are prey or rival predators without exception. Particularly open-minded Vampyres cast out from their pack may adopt other evil beings as their new pack, but the adopted family will need to be something he can't eat, and more powerful than him to prevent him from whittling them down.

VAMPYRE ADVENTURES
    · The blood of your family is running very thin. You haven't seen other Vampyres in ages, and you need to find them quickly, or inbreeding will mean the end of your line. You have been sent to travel the world to find suitable mates and bring them back.
    · The family has been caught red-handed and must leave town. Your job is to obfuscate pursuit by staying behind and killing from the shadows.
    · A real Vampire has moved into your territory, and needs to be shown the door. He's already turned your cousin into a Spawn and you can't afford more.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-12-06 at 11:53 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

+2 LA seem ok?
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #746

Yeah, the 8HD really make up for most of it, maybe as low as +1, or +0 considering classes at 8th level might have comparable Class Features.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

What made you change Dominate from the original Vamypre to Charm Toxin?

Debby

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

I didnt. I'm looking at my copy of teh 2e MM now. It says charm toxin.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I have the 3.5 Ravenloft book, [I]Denizens of Dread[//I], I just thought you were using that.

Debby

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

actually i didnt know they'd made one
    Orcs and Goblins