New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Inverted Beholder inspired by Drammor
    Large Aberration
    Hit Dice: 11d8+44 (93 hp)
    Initiative: +6
    Speed: 5 ft. (1 square), Fly 20 ft. (Good)
    Armor Class: 31 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +15 Natural, +5 Deflection), touch 16, flat-footed 29
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+14
    Attack: Bite +9 melee (2d6+2)
    Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (2d6+2) and 11 Mouthstalks +9 melee (1d6+1)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Swallow Whole, Eyeblasts, Rend
    Special Qualities: Blindsight 60', Flight, Slime
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 15
    Skills: Hide +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Listen +11, Search +12, Spot +11, Survival +7
    Feats: Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, Multiattack,
    Environment: Any Hills
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 12-16 HD (Large), 17-33 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: ---

The beholder invert is an 8-foot wide floating orb, dominated by a single many-fanged maw where a beholder's central eye should be. A tripartite eyelid is located where its mouth should be, and when that lid opens, it reveals not one, but seven eyes which have been stuffed into a single socket: one large eye in the center, surrounded by six much smaller eyes which surround it, all sealed together by bands of thick, translucent tissue. Ten smaller, but equally fanged mouths sprout on long stalks from around the beholder's body. A thick, brightly colored slime constantly beads up and sweats from the abomination. The color of this slime, like many of its features, is unique to each beholder invert.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability an Inverted Beholder must either hit a Medium sized or smaller opponent with its bite attack or hit any sized opponent with 2 or more of its mouth stalks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check using its bite, it may swallow the opponent in the following round. If it wins the grapple check using its mouth stalks, it may rend its opponent.

Swallow Whole (Ex): An Inverted Beholder can try to swallow an opponent at least 1 Size Class smaller than itself with a successful Grapple Check. The swallowed creature takes 1d6+2 bludgeoning damage along with 2 points of acid damage per round. While inside the Inverted Beholders gizzard opponents are subject to an Antimagic Field. A swallowed creature can cut it's way out by doing 25 points of damage with a light slashing or piercing weapon to the Inverted Beholder gullet (AC 18). Once it exits muscular action closes the hole, and other swallowed opponents must find their own way out. The Inverted Beholder’s gullet can hold 1 Medium, 2 Small, 8 Tiny, 32 Diminutive, or 128 Fine creatures.

Eyeblasts (Su): Once every 1d4 rounds as a Standard Action the Inverted Beholder can open its multiple eye and unleash a 60' Cone of energy as a Standard Action. All opponents in the Area must make a DC 17 (Save DC is Charisma based) Saving Throws against three effects randomly generated from the following list:

1: Hold monster causes creatures to be paralyzed as the spell for 11 rounds. A successful Will save negates the effect. If this ability is successfully used more than once, the effects overlap.

2: Ravage (see Champions of Ruin pg. 33.) causes every living creature in the area to take 5d6 points of vile damage as the spell. Unlike normal damage, vile damage can only be healed by magic cast within in area of a consecrate or hallow spell. A successful Fortitude save negates this damage.

3: Vortex: All opponents within the area of effect must make a successful Reflex save or be sucked 30 feet closer to the inverted beholder. If this puts foes in range of the inverted beholder's bite attacks, it may attack them immediately. Flying creatures that are Medium or smaller caught in the vortex are immediately grounded though they take no falling damage.Tiny or smaller creatures are knocked prone. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect.

Rend (Ex): An inverted behold that hits a target with 2 or more mouth stalks latches onto the opponent's body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an extra 1d6+3 points of damage for every mouth stalk used in the attack to a maximum of 1d6+2 times the number of mouth stalks that hit.

Flight (Ex): A Beholders body is naturally buoyant granting it a permanent Feather Fall effect as per the spell of the same name with personal range.

Slime (Ex): Inverted Beholders 'sweat' a form of psychoactive slime that both protects them and acts as a sort of sensory organ. While it exists the Beholder has Blindsight 60' and a +5 Deflection Bonus to AC. While too thick to be washed away by exposure to wind or water it doesn't do well against sudden extremes of temperature. If the Inverted Beholder takes Fire or Cold damage it must make a Fortitude Save (Save DC is 10 plus damage dealt). If it fails it loses it's slime and the benefits that go with it for 1d6 rounds.

Combat: The Inverted Beholders method of combat is to blast opponents with it's eye and then decide on how to progress depending on what comes up.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-12-19 at 02:09 AM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

thoughts on cr?
    Orcs and Goblins

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't know, maybe 8 or 9ish

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Inverted behold is an interesting take on the usual critter. It has the potential to be a TPK if its hold monster ability is put to good use.

It does have a few issues. First, its initiative is +6 not +2 as it has Improved Initiative.

Eye blasts and Mouth Stalks should be two separate words.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a pet peeve of mine. I hate this affectation of sticking two words together. It isn't cool and isn't literate. It just makes it harder to break people of this really bad habit when everyone uses it.

Swallow Whole should note that the inverted beholder’s gullet can hold 1 Medium, 2 Small, 8 Tiny, 32 Diminutive, or 128 Fine creatures.

I cannot tell why there are three separate saves to be made to eye blasts. Either it can make one of its attacks as a Standard Action every 1d4 rounds or it can make 3 attacks as a Standard Action every 1d4 rounds. You note three saves but say it makes one attack, which is confusing to say the least. Furthermore, using an eye blast every 1d4 rounds has potential TPK potential if hold monster comes up more than once. I really think it should be useable only once every four rounds.

Also, you should include enough information so that any DM can use this without having to look up necessary information. Since Supernatural abilities have a CL equal to creature's HD there is pertinent information you can add.
    More importantly, I think Vortex should be a Reflex save to avoid rather than Fortitude save since there is no physical damage. Vortex seems like a kind of wind effect that sucks you in. May I recommend the following changes:

Eye Blasts (Su): Once every four rounds as a Standard Action, an inverted beholder can open its multiple eyes and unleash a 120-foot cone of magical energy. All opponents in the area must make a DC 17 Saving Throw against one of the effects randomly generated from the following list:
    1. Hold monster causes creatures to be paralyzed as the spell for 11 rounds.A successful Will save negates the effect. If this ability is successfully used more than once, the effects overlap.
    2. Ravage (see Champions of Ruin pg. 33.) causes every living creature in the area to take 5d6 points of vile damage as the spell. Unlike normal damage, vile damage can only be healed by magic cast within in area of a consecrate or hallow spell. A successful Fortitude save negates this damage.
    3. Vortex: All opponents within the area of effect must make a successful Reflex save or be sucked 30 feet closer to the inverted beholder. If this puts foes in range of the inverted beholder's bite attacks, it may attack them immediately. Flying creatures that are Medium or smaller caught in the vortex are immediately grounded though they take no falling damage.Tiny or smaller creatures are knocked prone. A successful save negates this effect.

The saves are charisma-based.

You'd think its preferred tactic would be to be to ambush and use hold monster first to prevent targets from attacking. It would then use ravage on targets it didn't paralyze and use vortex on targets trying to run away.

I'd guess CR 8 (ensuring it won't be a battle of hold monster spells).

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-18 at 11:20 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #755

Also, Rend should be 11d6+11, not +10, though it is really nasty (grapple should be +14, not +12, strength is an extra +2), it can TPK, especially if it used hold monster, because 11d6+11*11+121d6+121 (average 544 damage if all the attacks hit), this is excluding the damage the bites would deal. This would require a lot of hits, though it is possible if it throws Hold Monster. It is a rather binary encounter, either, there freedom of movement, and it is really ineffective, or there isn't and PCs die, maybe a TPK.

One more thing: All the attacks should be +9 (-1 size)

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I recommend cleaning up Improved Grab and how much damage Rend does. It is unlikely that all mouth stalks would successfully hit an opponent and in any case capping this ability is probably a good idea.

What do think of these changes?

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability an inverted behold must either hit a Medium sized or smaller opponent with its bite attack or hit any sized opponent with 2 or more of its mouth stalks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check using its bite, it may swallow the opponent in the following round. If it wins the grapple check using its mouth stalks, it may rend its opponent.

Rend (Ex): An inverted behold that hits a target with 2 or more mouth stalks latches onto the opponent's body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an extra 1d6+3 points of damage for every mouth stalk used in the attack to a maximum of 5d6+15.

Before I forget, the text of Slime indicates that it gives the inverted beholder blindsight 30 feet, however, it is noted as 60 feet in the stat block. Which is correct?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-18 at 06:08 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

changes made, prepping the next critter whilst you persue the Invert

Beholder, Spooge inspired by Drammor
    Large Aberration
    Hit Dice: 11d8+44 (93 hp)
    Initiative: +6
    Armor Class: 26 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +15 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 24
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+12
    Attack: Bite +8 Melee (2d4)
    Full Attack: Bite +8 Melee (2d4)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Living Spells
    Special Qualities: Flight, All-Around Vision, Dark Vision 60'
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +11
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 15
    Skills: Hide +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +13, Listen +14, Search +21, Spot +23, Survival +12
    Feats: Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Alertness (B)
    Environment: Any Hills
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating:
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 12-16 HD (Large), 17-33 HD (Huge)

"Awright on my count the archers unleash hell on that flying freak."

"I still dont like this. Beholders are twitchy even if it is a solo one."

"Go!"

"FRAAPP!"

"OMG OMG git it iff meh!"

More popularly known as the Amoebic Beholder, instead of having eye rays this Beholder uses it's eyestalks to summon oozes with the Living Spell Template. An odd mutation, and certainly one that is NOT popular with professional adventurers.

Living Spells (Su): Once per round each of the Beholders Eyes can cast Summon Monster IX (Caster Level is 13) as a Free Action, except the creature summoned is one of the following spells with the Living Spell Template (see Eberron Campaign Setting): Antimagic Field, Charm Person, Charm Monster, Disintegrate, Fear, Finger of Death, Flesh to Stone, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Sleep, Slow, or Telekinesis. Once an eye has Summoned a Spell it cannot do so again until 1d4 rounds after the spells duration expires or the spell dies. For example if a Beholder summons a Charm Person ooze it has 13 rounds before it disappears, then the Beholder must wait 1d4 rounds before it can Summon another Charm Person ooze (unless it is destroyed then it just needs to wait another 1d4 rounds). Basically the Beholder can only Summon one ooze of each type at any given time.

All-Around Vision (Ex): The Beholders eyes give it a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.

Flight (Ex): A Beholders body is naturally buoyant granting it a permanent Feather Fall effect as per the spell of the same name with personal range.

Combat: The Amoebic Beholder prefers to let it's summoned troops weaken parties up, before summoning another round and joining the fray.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2012-12-27 at 12:29 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #758

For the inverted beholder, Rend says:
    Rend (Ex): An inverted behold that hits a target with 2 or more mouth stalks latches onto the opponent's body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an extra 1d6+3 points of damage for every mouth stalk used in the attack to a maximum of 1d6+2 times the number of mouth stalks that hit.
    I think the +2 should be +3 or vice versa.

For the Sponge: Are the Eye Rays Living Spells, or have you just not added the eye rays yet?

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Bhu, that last sentence in Rend is redundant. The maximum should be LESS than the total number of mouth stalks that hit in order to put a limit on the Rend. You've used a range 1d6+2 that doesn't make sense. A maximum shouldn't have a range, that's why it's a maximum and it should be less than the creature's total number of mouth stalks. Did you mean the maximum should be 8 (1d6+2 at best is 8)?

A rend attack that can do 11d6+33 is excessive for the CR. This makes the creature really badly unbalanced and a TPK if it hits first. That's why I put the limit to 5d6+15 in stead of 11d6+33.

Eye Blasts should be every 1d4 rounds not once every 1d4 rounds since that is also redundant. Attacks happen once every X rounds or every XdY rounds.

Darkvision is still one word.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-19 at 08:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    For the inverted beholder, Rend says:

I think the +2 should be +3 or vice versa.

For the Sponge: Are the Eye Rays Living Spells, or have you just not added the eye rays yet?
    They are living spells yes
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    They are living spells yes
    Then you should explain how it is ranged touch attack to summon living spells, Summon Monster IX doesn't require touch attacks, I presume if they hit, then the living spell appears around the creature, grappling it, though i'm no sure and the wording is a bit unclear.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Copy/paste error on my part (it's fixed). Text for eyes is revised will get to Invert shortly.
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #763

Okay, looks good now.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

My apologies for the delays but as I'm sure some of you know the Minmaxboards got attacked, and so I find myself in the position of trying to find ways to back up my stuff. I'll be updating soon I have lots to slog through.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

OK the two beholders were done as requests on the minmaxboards, and alas i cant get access to my notes so I'll return to them when the forums return.

I do have time for a quick request if anyone has one?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry if this is something you were going to fix when MinMax got its act together or whatever.

The grab ability of the inverted beholder should probably be relative to its size, rather than simply a static size that the victim must be equal to or smaller then.

Also I think that the eye-blast was meant to do ONE of three effects.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

OK the two beholders were done as requests on the minmaxboards, and alas i cant get access to my notes so I'll return to them when the forums return.

I do have time for a quick request if anyone has one?
    Hi bhu, Ive been a fan of your work for a long time and I do have a request. Could you make a cyborg template that has choices, like maybe a point based system determining the CR and LA?

and what i mean by that is something like this

this enhancement costs 5 points
    but this defect gives me back 3 points
    and according to the table, a monster with a cost of 1-10 points is CR +1 and LA +1

hope that made sense
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-01-15 at 09:38 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Sorry if this is something you were going to fix when MinMax got its act together or whatever.

The grab ability of the inverted beholder should probably be relative to its size, rather than simply a static size that the victim must be equal to or smaller then.

Also I think that the eye-blast was meant to do ONE of three effects.
    It is. I'll reword it to make it clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Hi bhu, Ive been a fan of your work for a long time and I do have a request. Could you make a cyborg template that has choices, like maybe a point based system determining the CR and LA?

and what i mean by that is something like this

this enhancement costs 5 points
    but this defect gives me back 3 points
    and according to the table, a monster with a cost of 1-10 points is CR +1 and LA +1

hope that made sense
    Give me till the weekend. I sometimes get work part time online and the publisher I do it for is going to print so they decided to start sucking up all my time this week.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2013-01-16 at 01:21 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

thats ok :) Im patient. But I do have a question, answer whenever you want :) Is it ok if I post monsters I make in this thread or would you prefer not? I love your templates and your things with choices (like the beholder mutates and the kaiju) and using your beholder mutates I think I can make a lot of different beholderkin species. If you say no it is ok :), and if you say yes I must ask can I use Bert and Abner the hilbillies in text below the stats?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-01-19 at 08:32 PM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Sure go ahead!

So re the cyborg: Is this a serious hardcore d20 modern cyberpunk style cyborg, or a campy 50's style cyborg?
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure go ahead!

So re the cyborg: Is this a serious hardcore d20 modern cyberpunk style cyborg, or a campy 50's style cyborg?
    campy stuff ROCKS so yea go like as campy and cheesy as possible, I love cheesy and if you done then do whatever you feel comfortable doing

and thanks man Im such a big fan of your homebrew because it has so many uses. And you are the one who has inspired me to start homebrewing I think Im going to post some beholders if you dont mind . Heres what I got:
    Necrolings: small beholder mutants with necromancy powers, nothing undead related, just necromancy
    Daybringers: The church of Pelor did some experiments on beholders, making the ultimate holy warriors
    Changers: VERY VERY BIG! Able to change anything into anything pretty much
    (making this one as I type this message)
    Heres the first one:
    Beholder, necroling
    Small Aberration
    Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Armor Class: 18 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +4 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-5
    Attack: Eye Rays +4 Ranged Touch and 1 Bite -6 melee (1d4-2)
    Full Attack: Eye Rays +4 Ranged Touch and 1 Bite -6 melee (1d4-2)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Eye Rays, Central Eye
    Special Qualities: All-Around Vision, Dark Vision 60', Flight
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 6, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 13
    Skills: Hide +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +6, Listen +8, Search +6, Spot +8, Survival +4
    Feats: Alertness
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Cluster (3-6)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: 3-4 HD (Small)
    "Bert...that big floaty thing behind you gots too many eyes"
    "Abner you been drinkin again?"
    "NO NO LOOK"
    "JIRBLEJORBLITYGOTHRAYOFDOOMROAAR"
    "...mister you...you just killed Abner...the hell are you?"
    Necroling beholders are the semi-success of infusing a beholder with necromancy powers. It resulted in a smaller species with only three eyes, and no languange capabilities, but it did have the necromancy powers the beholder scientists hoped for.
    Necrolings only speak gibberish, but understand beholder and common

Combat:
    Usually necrolings just go into combat zapping the strongest looking opponents with their ray of enfeeblement and chill touch eye rays, then going for the weaker opponents afterwards
    Eye rays (Su):
    A necroling has the following eye rays; a target can make a reflex save DC 14 to avoid the effect, these eye rays have a range increment of 30 feet and can be used once a round each
    Ray of enfeeblement: 1d6+2 strength damage
    Chill touch: 1d6 damage fortitude save DC 14 or also take 1 strength damage
    Ghoul touch: paralyze a living creature for 1d6+2 rounds, target sickens people within 10 ft.
    Central eye (Su):
    A necroling beholders central eye can make a 30 foot cone once a round mimicking the spell bestow curse, the effect is chosen by the beholder
    Flight (ex):
    Because of a necrolings natural buoyancy, it is under a perminant feather fall effect as the spell of the same name with personal range
    All-Around Vision (Ex):
    The necrolings eyes give it a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.

Hope you like it :), hope you dont think it sucks :p and sorry for killin abner :p he just didnt have many hit points...and chill touch with a minus 6 constitution from bestow curse hurts

P.S. and if you ever need help doing requests or need ideas for stuff talk to me ok? I might be able to help and this could be good practice for me
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-01-21 at 03:15 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

No killing Bert or Abner

In sadder news the cyborg may be delayed. I am being told my hard drive is not long for the world and I need to have it replaced. I should have the money later in the week I'm just hoping it lasts that long.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

No killing Bert or Abner

In sadder news the cyborg may be delayed. I am being told my hard drive is not long for the world and I need to have it replaced. I should have the money later in the week I'm just hoping it lasts that long.
    eh ok

and dont worry the nearest church revived him

also, how was that last beholder? was it ok?

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

It's Will save and eye ray dc's should be 1 higher. Otherwise look fine (though I'll have to compare cr to similar critters to see how it turns out).

You want this for 3.5 or d20 Modern? Might as well get it started.

CYBORG

Cyborg is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any Animal, Giant, Humanoid, or Monstrous Humanoids that does not have the Incorporeal or Shapechanger Subtype.

Size and Type: Size and Type remain Unchanged, but the base creature gains the Construct-Blood Subtype. It is considered a Construct for purposes of spells, effects, class abilities, etc.

Hit Dice: Unchanged.

Speed: Normally unchanged, but see Special Qualities below.

Armor Class: Natural Armor Bonus increases by +8, plus an additional +1 for every Size Class above Medium (i.e. +9 for Large, +10 for Huge, etc.)

Attacks: Unchanged, but if the Base Creature has no Natural Weapons it gains a Slam Attack (2 Slams with a Full Attack).

Damage: Unchanged, but if the Base Creature gains a Slam Attack it's damage is equal to it's Unarmed Strike damage.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, and can make as many choices as you wish from the following list:

Special Weapon This may be taken multiple times, and you choose a different spell each time. You may cast any one Evocation or Conjuration spell that does damage and requires an Attack roll as an Exceptional Ability 3/day. Caster Level is equal to your Hit Dice, Save DC is Int based, and you must choose a spell that could be taken by a Wizard whose Caster Level is equal to your Hit Dice. In other words if the Base Creature is 4 HD he can choose an appropriate Evocation/Conjuration spell a 4th level Wizard would know (i.e. 2nd Level or less). Increases LA by +1.

Improved Special Weapon One Special Weapon you have is considered to be cast with a Metamagic Feat. Choose one from the following list: Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, or Sculpt spell. You may take this multiple times, it can be applied once to each Special Weapon. Increases LA by +1.

Enhanced Physique You gain an additional +4 to any one Physical stat. Increases LA by +1

Computerized Brain You gain an additional +4 to any one Mental stat. Increases LA by +1

Battle Computer You gain one extra Feat slot which must be used for a Fighter Feat. Anytime you see a Fighter Feat used you can memorize it as a Swift Action. You can memorize a number of Fighter Feats equal to your Intelligence Score, but only have access to one at a time (switching Feats is a Free Action). You can memorize Feats whose prerequisites you do not meet, but you cannot use them until you do meet the prerequisites. Increases LA by +1.

Telescoping Limbs Increase Reach by +5', increase LA by +1.

Constrict You deal double your normal Slam damage with a successful Grapple Check. Increase LA by +1.

Improved Grab If you hit an opponent the same Size Class or Smaller you can immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. Increase LA by +1.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, and can make as many choices as you wish from the following list:

Brain in a Jar Your Type changes to Construct and you gain all the usual Construct traits. Increase LA by +1.

Energy Resistance This may be taken multiple times. Gain Energy Resistance 10 to one Energy type. When taken again you may increase your resistance by +10, or gain resistance to a second energy type. Increase LA by +1 for every time this ability is taken.

Damage Reduction Gain Damage Reduction 5/-. Increase LA by +1.

Spell Resistance Gain Spell Resistance equal to 10 + 1/2 CR. Increase LA by +1.

Drills Gain a Burrow Move equal to your Land Speed. Increases LA by +1

Grapple Hooks Gain a Climb Move equal to your Land Speed. Increases LA by +1

Jet Pack Gain a Flight Move equal to your Land Speed with Good Maneuverability. Increases LA by +2

Flaws You may choose Flaws to lower your LA. See the list below.

Saves: Normally unchanged, but see Special Qualities above

Abilities: +4 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Int, -4 Cha

Skills: Normally Unchanged but see Special Abilities above.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment: Unchanged.

Organization: Usually Solitary, though someone had to pay for your reconstruction.

Challenge Rating: +x, where x is equal to half the Level Adjustment (round down)

Treasure: Unchanged.

Alignment: Unchanged

Advancement: Unchanged

Level Adjustment: +1 initially, but Special Attacks and Qualities may raise this.

Flaws

Weakness
    You have some sort of design flaw that was only obvious once you were put together. -4 Penalty on one type of Saving Throw (Fort, Ref, or Will).
    -1 LA

Gone Missing
    You've changed since you turned cyborg becoming more and more sociopathic. Change Alignment to Neutral Evil and lose all ranks in Charisma based skills (nor may you gain any more ranks with Levels).
    -1 LA

Stiff
    You don't move around so well. You lose all ranks in Dexterity based skills (nor may you gain any more ranks with Levels). Your Base Land Speed is lowered by -5.
    -1 LA

Experimental Your Special Weapon explodes if you roll a Natural 1 on your Attack roll. You take damage equal to the weapons normal attack, and cannot use it again until the damage is repaired by a spell or other form of magical healing.
    -1 LA

Crippled You lower any 1 physical or mental stat by -4 permanently.
    -1 LA

Vulnerability You take double damage against one Energy Type.
    -1 LA

Example of creature using template here:
    Last edited by Bhu; 2013-02-04 at 01:49 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

And in addition to posting them here, Im writing a small D&D book full of varient beholders made with your beholder mutates for my DM as a birthday present, he has never seen these stats and he loves beholders :). and also Im making a smaller cousin of the beholder that I call eyeballs, they have only a central eye that duplicates a 1st level spell and they are tiny in size . this is fun, you are by far the most awesome homebrewer I have ever seen

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

I'm prolific, that's not necessarily the same as good

So beyond armor, prosthetic weapons, enhanced movement/stats, and maybe senses what abilities would you like?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm prolific, that's not necessarily the same as good

So beyond armor, prosthetic weapons, enhanced movement/stats, and maybe senses what abilities would you like?
    well I do have to say, 3.5 is what I use. aand hmm, maybe energy resistance, possible DR, SR, and the ability to have like magic blasters (or other weapons) in his hand. Maybe drawbacks should be included to choose from to lessen thhe LA and CR adjustments. I think thats about it :)

Also I think I am going to add in some stuff of my own (ya know like not piggybacking off of your beholder mutates, kaiju, and other stuff), I have some cool ideas for templates for making hybrids. I even have a sample one right here

Half Choker
    Half chokers are the disgusting results of magical crossbreeding, polymorphing, and sick minded wizards. They have grey colored skin, their parents supernatural speed, and tentacles.
    Creating a half choker
    The half choker template can be added to any living being besides a choker, ooze, plant, or elemental
    Size/Type: Change type to aberration, unless the base creature is an outsider, then type is unchanged. Size is unchanged
    Hit dice: Change all hit dice to D8 if type changes
    Speed: Creature gains a climb speed equal to its land speed -10, unless it already has a climb speed, in that case use whichever is better
    Armor Class: +2 more natural armor, also change for new dexterity
    Attacks: The base creature keeps any natural attacks it has, and gains 2 tentacle attacks dealing 1d4 damage if the base creature is medium
    Special attacks: Keeps those of the base creature, doesn’t gain any new ones from this template
    Special qualities: Keep those of the base creature. The creature also gains the quickness ability
    Quickness (Su):
    Half chokers can take an extra move action during their turn. Unlike their parents, they cannot take an extra standard action
    Abilities: Half chokers gain a +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha. Half chokers are fast and strong, but ugly and not very smart.
    Skills: Half chokers get a +4 instead of the usual +8 on climb checks, and cannot take 10 on climb checks, they arent as good as their choker parents when it comes to climbing
    Feats: Half chokers gain improved initiative as a bonus feat
    CR: +2
    Alignment: usually chaotic evil
    LA: +2

thoughts on CR and LA?
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2013-01-23 at 03:50 PM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

If your gonna keep CR at +2 I'd give it Improved Grab. I'd also prolly reduce CR to +1.

How many options you want for the Cyborg?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #779
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello, I just read through Critter threads 1-2. Wow. Bhu, you are some sort of deity of monster making. I may use the Beholder Cyclopses in the adventure I'm running soon. A request, if your hard drive doesn't blow up in the next few days: (Do stuff other people have requested first, of course.) Could you do a LA+0 race for me? I had an idea for a race of humanoids with some low level Conjuration spells as SLAs, their fluff being that they were formed from a nation of humans with a lot of summoning background. Maybe make their appearance look a little fiendish? I was planning to give them Warlock as a favoured class. If you need a name, use Akkidae (stolen from a real world ancient city).
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

I won't have the money to fix my HD until the weekend when a massive snowstorm hits. So I don't fix the PC till next week

Man I hope it holds out till then...

Any other particulars about this race?

Inuyasha: Cyborg has been advanced a lil. Do you want it to change alignment?

AKKIDAE

[IMG]Picture URL if you have one[/IMG]

"We aren't fiends... We just command them."

Akkidae are decendants of humans who mastered powerful Conjuration magic. Their ancient homeland, Akkid, was destroyed by an incursion of Celestials, Paladins, and other servants of good, thus causing them to wander the world, selling their magic to the highest bidder. Along the way, they turned to desperate measures to regain their power-harbouring the influence of Baator in their bodies. This made them powerful Warlocks, but stripped their normal appearance away. Today, they still look human, but many have fiendish body parts, such as small horns, glowing red eyes, or scaled skin.

AKKIDAE RACIAL TRAITS
    · +2 Cha, -2 Wis
    · Size Class: Medium
    · Type: Humanoid with the Human Subtype
    · Base land speed 30 ft.
    · Summoner Training: If the Akkidae takes a Divine or Arcane Casting Class, the Summon Monster spells are always part of their spell list.
    · Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Summon Monster I once per day. If the Akkidae has a Charisma of at least 10 they may also cast the following 1/day: Acid Splash, Caltrops, Detect Magic. Caster Level is 1st, Save DC is 10 plus Cha Modifier plus Spell Level.
    · Racial Skills: Knowledge (Arcana, The Planes), and Spellcraft are always considered Class Skills for you.
    · Automatic and Bonus Languages: Akkidae automatically speak Common, and Infernal. Bonus Languages: Celestial, Draconic, Abyssal.
    · Level Adjustment: +0
    · Favored Class: Warlock

STARTING AGE
    Adulthood: 15
    Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer: +1d4
    Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger: +1d6
    Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard: +2d6

AGING EFFECTS
    Middle Age: 35
    Old: 53
    Venerable: 70
    Maximum Age: +2d20 years

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT
    Base Height: Male: 4'10" Female: 4'5"
    Height Modifier: +2d10"
    Base Weight: Male: 120 lbs. Female: 85 lbs.
    Weight Modifier: x (2d4) lbs.

AKKIDAE CHARACTERS
    Akkidae are decent Cha based casters, and with their racial training they always have some summoning spells. They're also on decent relations with the Baatorians, so if the party needs an interpreter or diplomat they can come in handy.
    Adventuring Race: Primarily the Akkidae wish to restore their homeland or conquer another one, and they adventure in order to do so. Always being on the move helps hide them from their enemies as well.
    Character Development: Your racial abilities strongly suggest becoming a caster of some sort so roll with it. Sure it stereotypes you but you may as well roll with what you're given. Add a few of your Racial Feats and Substitution Levels and you have a pretty decent Fiend summoner.
    Character Names: (Either sex) Abdiel, Asig, Behd, Bhat, Sargon, Sutich, Tentaat, Wiheb.

ROLEPLAYING AN AKKIDAE
    You have a little bit of a chip on your shoulder. Sure your race was a bunch of devil-worshiping heathens, and sure you exemplified all the worst traits of humanity but that doesn't mean a bunch of Paladins and Unicorns should ride down out of the hills and try to Genocide you.
    Personality: You have serious anger management issues. Being as you were once the top of the food chain, and are now wandering gypsies forced to hide if you want to live, your issues may be well deserved. Every moment you spend being nice just makes the hate all that much worse.
    Behaviors: You spend much time pursuing wealth and power and revenge. Not necessarily in that order. You spend so much time in fact your Clerics advice you to relax more before your heart exlodes.
    Language: Akkidae speak Common and Infernal. They use Infernal more often as they realize not many others on the Prime are likely to be able to understand it, effectively giving them a semi-secret language.

AKKIDAE SOCIETY
    The Akkidae really no longer have a culture or civilization other than what they are able to keep alive in their memories. They modeled their civilization after the hierarchy of the 9 Hells which didn't exactly endear them to, you know, the vast majority of the rest of the known universe. Long story short, they got squashed like bugs, and now spend their days as roving gypsies.
    Alignment : Due to their ties to the plane of Baator the vast majority of Akkidae are Lawful Evil. A large minority are now Neutral Evil due to the fragmentation of their society, but they will likely return to the fold (forcibly if necessary) once they claim a new homeland.
    Lands : Originally Akkidae were normal humans living in a desert city state corrupted by centuries of exposure to Outer Planes due to their specialization in summoning magics. When their homeland was destroyed they scattered to the winds.
    Settlements : The Akkidae are still pursued, so they refrain from gathering in larger groups and settle where they can, though they prefer dry open places like deserts.
    Beliefs : Most Akkidae revere Gods of illicit knowledge and magic, or openly worship Devils. Wee Jas is fairly popular, as are Vecna and the Arch Devils. Hextor has a minority following among the more militant members.
    Relations: The Akkidae get along well with Baatorians, and not so much with the Devils enemies (which is just about everyone).

AKKIDAE ADVENTURES
    · The local despot has money, you have Eldrich powers. You can probably do a deal...
    · The yokels round here do not appreciate the finer arts of summoning, and have brought round the torches and pitchforks to argue their point of view. You knew you shouldn't have summoned a Bearded Devil as your attorney, they just love to fight too much...
    · One of the Celestials who destroyed the old kingdom has been spotted serving as a mount to a nearby Paladin. ATTACK THE HORSE! And then explain quietly to the surrounding mob why you carry a grudge and why the horse has it coming. Or you could just flee...

The Devil's Eyes
    Your eyes have an ominous red glow.
    Prerequisites: Akkidae, must be taken at 1st Level
    Benefits: You can see in darkness as if it were normal daylight (this includes magical darkness).

Horns of Power
    Your brow horns are a sign of your magical power.
    Benefits: Choose one Spell, Spell-Like, or Supernatural Ability you know. Your caster Level for it is +2 higher. You may choose to switch which spell or ability you use this Feat with at 4th Level, and every 4 Levels thereafter.

The Devil's Portal
    You can summon Devil's quicker than normal.
    Prerequisites: Akkidae, Quicken Spell
    Benefits: Conjuration (Summoning) spells you use to Summon Devils may cast with Quicken Spell only use up a slot 2 Levels higher.

Hellish Beauty
    Your skin is covered in fine, glittering red scales.
    Benefits: Your Charisma increases by +2.

Improved Portal
    Devil's you summon can bring friends...
    Prerequisites: Akkidae, The Devil's Portal, 12th Level
    Benefits: Devils you summon can use their Summoning abilities, but at -20&.

Akkidae Racial Substitution Levels

Warlock
    Level 1: Akkidae Warlocks gains access to a few Racial Invocations detailed below.

Sorcerer
    Level 1: Replace Familiar with Devilish Empowerment.
    Devilish Empowerment: You may cast any Conjuration (Summoning) or Conjuration (Calling) spells that summon Devils with the Quicken Spell Feat.

Bard
    Level 1: Akkidae have different Bardic Music abilities than the norm.
    Bardic Music: Instead of Fascination the Akkidae Bard may cast Protection from Good on one Ally within range.

Instead of Suggestion the Akkidae Bard may create an effect similar to the Song of Festering Death (see Book of Vile Darkness) on one Opponent within range.

Instead of Song of Freedom the Akkidae Bard may instead cast Summon Bearded Devil (See Planar Handbook).

Instead of Mass Suggestion the Akkidae Bard may instead cast Mass Inflict Light Wounds.

NEW INVOCATIONS

Lemure Servant
    Least, 2nd
    You may cast Summon Monster II at will as a Spell-Like Ability, but only to summon a Lemure.

Devils Advice (suggestion)
    Least, 2nd
    You may cast Suggestion at will as a Spell-Like Ability, however the duration is 1 minute.

Devils Beard (Investiture of the Bearded Devil)
    Lesser, 3rd
    You grow a writhing beard that does an extra 2d6 damage to opponents you are Grappling successfully.

Devil's Fear
    Lesser, 4th
    You may cast Fear at will as a Spell-Like Ability, however the duration is 1 round.

Bearded Servant
    Greater, 5th
    You may cast Summon Monster V at will as a Spell-Like Ability, but only to summon a Bearded Devil.

Quell the Sacred
    Greater, 5th
    You may cast Dispel Good at will as a Spell-Like Ability.

Bony Servant
    Dark, 7th
    You may cast Summon Monster VII at will as a Spell-Like Ability, but only to summon a Bony Devil.

Barbed Servant
    Dark, 9th
    You may cast Summon Monster IX at will as a Spell-Like Ability, but only to summon a Barbed Devil.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2013-02-02 at 02:49 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins