Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Create Host
    Special Qualities: Low-light Vision, Plant traits
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref -1, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 2, Dex 6, Con 13, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 9
    Skills: ---
    Feats: ---
    Environment: Any Land
    Organization: Solitary with the possible addition of Hosts, or Colony (2-3)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: see below
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 4 HD (Tiny), 5-6 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Seriously, does this entire section require suits?"

"Suits are not required. You may trust me, as I am a perfectly normal fleshy entity such as yourselves."

Zygoms are cap mushrooms forming a rhizome structure that sweat a sticky glue like substance used to attach their spores to passing critters. Found for the most part only near the Barrier Peaks in Greyhawk, it is presumed to be an invasive alien species.

Create Host (Ex): If the Zygom is in physical contact with a living creature, that creature must make a DC 14 Fortitude Save (Save DC is Con based with a +2 Racial Bonus). If the victim fails, the Zygoms spores are glued to it's skin and mature within 1d4+1 days (if it receives a Remove Disease spell within this time it kills the spores). Once the spores mature, the infected subject acts as if dominated (as per the spell). So long as the infection remains, the domination remains in effect, even if a check would normally indicate that the effect is broken. The victim additionally takes 1 point of vile damage per day until a Remove Disease spell is cast. If hp reach 0 the victim dies and becomes a new fruiting body of Zygoms.

Combat: Zygoms control their hosts to defend their colonies, and to bring in other hosts to infect, but they only fight in defense or against victims they know they can win against.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Is there a PDF with every on it? I saw a link in the front page, but it's not working, anyone has one ?

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Climowitz View Post
    Is there a PDF with every on it? I saw a link in the front page, but it's not working, anyone has one ?
    I intend to make one, I just haven't had the time due to real life events.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Demos (Mystara)
    Medium Construct
    Hit Dice: 3d10+20 (36 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+5
    Attack: Weapon +5 melee (by weapon)
    Full Attack: Weapon +5 melee (by weapon)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Martial Proficiency
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Construct traits, SR 17, Loyalty
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 12, Con -, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Skills: Climb +3, Diplomacy +1, Intimidate +1, Listen +3, Spot +3
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, Pair or Group (3-12)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Neutral
    Advancement: 4-9 HD (Medium)

"Hur-ray hur-ray, step right up! Getch'er new fangled alchemy Golems here!"

"This is kind of a Golem in the loosest sense only."

Demos are Magen, a form of Construct created by molds and alchemical gelatin. They look humanoid, with grayish white flesh and are warm to the touch. Good sculptors can make them have hair or bestial features, or even resemble a living person. While not mindless, they do not process things in quite the same manner as living beings, making decisions based on the literal interpretation of instructions given to them. They do not have free will, and know any one language chosen by their creator at the time of their creation. The Demos are bodyguards, and are taught the use of weapons and armor. They are generally sculpted to be intimidating.

Martial Proficiency: Demos are proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons, and all Armor and Shields (except Tower Shields).

Loyalty (Ex): If it's master is killed the Demos goes berserk. The uncontrolled Demos goes on a rampage, attacking the nearest living creature or smashing some object smaller than itself if no creature is within reach, then moving on to spread more destruction. Once a Demos goes berserk, no known method can reestablish control. Demos cannot disobey an order given by their master.

Combat: Demos aren't great tacticians, but they will do their best to follow their masters orders to the letter.

[size=10pt]Construction[/size]

To construct a Magen, the prospective crafter must create a metal mold. The mold will determine the Magen's appearance, and is filled with a magically charged gelatin which requires 3000 GP to produce. The mold is another 2000 GP, but can be used for future Magen as well.

CL 13th; Craft Construct, Geas/Quest, Limited Wish; Price 9,000 GP, Cost 5,000 GP + 3200 XP
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Caldron (Mystara)
    Medium Construct
    Hit Dice: 4d10+20 (42 hp)
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7
    Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d3+4)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +7 melee (1d3+4)
    Special Attacks: Stretch, Improved Grab, Acid Constrict
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Construct traits, SR 19, Loyalty
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con -, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Skills: Intimidate +2, Listen +4, Spot +4
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 5-12 HD (Medium)

"This one seems less defined than the other one."

"He like hugs."

"One does not hug Minions. That's how you get assassinated."

Caldrons are a form of Magen used as assassins and guards (more like traps really). They aren't quite as detailed as Demos, and can extend their limbs by up to 20 ft.

Stretch (Ex): As a Move Action the Caldron can stretch it's arms or legs up to 20 feet, allowing it increased reach.

Improved Grab (Ex): If the Caldron hits with it's Slam attack, it can immediately attempt a Grapple as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity. If it succeeds it can Constrict.

Acid Constrict (Ex): The Caldron does 2d3+6 damage plus 2d6 Acid damage.

Loyalty (Ex): If it's master is killed the Caldron goes berserk. The uncontrolled Caldron goes on a rampage, attacking the nearest living creature or smashing some object smaller than itself if no creature is within reach, then moving on to spread more destruction. Once a Caldron goes berserk, no known method can reestablish control. Caldrons cannot disobey an order given by their master.

Combat: Caldrons grapple the nearest opponent and burn it to death with their acid before moving to the next opponent.

To construct a Magen, the prospective crafter must create a metal mold. The mold will determine the Magen's appearance, and is filled with a magically charged gelatin which requires 3000 GP to produce. The mold is another 2000 GP, but can be used for future Magen as well.

CL 13th; Craft Construct, Geas/Quest, Limited Wish, Acid Arrow, Enlarge Person; Price 12,000 GP, Cost 6,500 GP + 3260 XP
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm preparing a campaign where demons have been successfully thwarted in taking over the material plane as another layer/their own abyss, led by Orcus. However, there are still plenty of demons left in the world, making themselves at home all over the place, so now its up to the party to clean up and route them out. I'm looking to get some new and unique types of demons, both in terms of mooks and leadership that would challenge a group of level 11's, and progressive levels. This could be plants that have become demonic, animals that have become demonic, or just plain old pure demons. Think you might have some ideas?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Giant Flea

This creature, despite its name, is Fine in size, being twice the size of an ordinary flea. Like its smaller cousins it subsists on the blood of a host. Unlike its cousins, however, it stays with a single host for its adult lifespan of six months.

While giant fleas cannot fly, they can leap up to 10 feet, and they can smell their chosen host in a room full of dockworkers at low tide after a hard summer day's work. They are immune to soap and water, and gain a +4 savings throw bonus versus herbal or alchemical pesticides. Cantrips which remove vermin are effective in forcing the giant flea off his host, but in the following round the flea jumps back onto its chosen host. Spells which injure vermin specifically are effective against giant fleas, which have 1hit point.

The giant flea shares his host's save versus AoE damage. If this fails, the flea gets a second save with a +4 Cover bonus, which would not apply in cases of immersion.

The flea consumes 1 HP worth of blood per day from its host. However, it also injects its host with coagulant compounds which allow the host to stop bleeding in virtually any circumstances. The host will always stabilize one round after being brought to negative hit points, and one round after being injured by a weapon with the wounding property the damage per round is reduced by one point.

The giant flea is highly territorial, and will drive off any other blood-sucking parasites which attempt to attack its host. Mosquitoes, lice, lesser fleas, and any other vermin are automatically repelled by the chemical alterations to the host's blood. Leeches and other blood-draining creatures will stop after 1 round of blood drain. Vampires will find the host's blood tastes foul, and he will gain no nourishment from it. He may choose to drain the host's blood, but is far more likely to move on to another victim.

Male giant fleas will seek out mates while their hosts sleep. Females never voluntarily leave their hosts until the end of their life cycle, at which time they lay clusters of eggs on the underside of leaves which hatch nymph-stage offspring which immediately begin to seek a host. A nymph or adult cannot survive more than three days without feeding, and an adult will only feed on its chosen host.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm preparing a campaign where demons have been successfully thwarted in taking over the material plane as another layer/their own abyss, led by Orcus. However, there are still plenty of demons left in the world, making themselves at home all over the place, so now its up to the party to clean up and route them out. I'm looking to get some new and unique types of demons, both in terms of mooks and leadership that would challenge a group of level 11's, and progressive levels. This could be plants that have become demonic, animals that have become demonic, or just plain old pure demons. Think you might have some ideas?
    I havent done many fiends of late otoher than Yugoloths i think. My Freed Outsider Template might make for shenanigans, and I'm reworking the 2 E hordling now.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Bhu! It seems the link in the OP to the PDF doesn't work--at least for me. Going by DownForEveryoneOrJustMe the website seems to be down. Is it available elsewhere?
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2018-10-23 at 05:44 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

alas no, I'll see if I have a copy somewhere.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I havent done many fiends of late otoher than Yugoloths i think. My Freed Outsider Template might make for shenanigans, and I'm reworking the 2 E hordling now.
    Would you be interested in doing more?

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

Would you be interested in doing more?
    What did you have in mind?

Galvan (Mystara)
    Medium Construct
    Hit Dice: 5d10+20 (47 hp)
    Armor Class: 19 (+1 Dex, +8 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+3
    Attack: Weapon +3 melee (by weapon)
    Full Attack: Weapon +3 melee (by weapon)
    Special Attacks: Lightning Bolt
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Construct traits, SR 19, Loyalty
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con -, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Skills: Intimidate +2, Listen +4, Spot +4
    Feats: Ability Focus (Lightning Bolt), Improved Initiative
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 6-15 HD (Medium)

"Why does this one make my hair stand on end?"

"Sorry ma'am. Static is an issue with this model."

Galvans are experimental Magen who can fry opponents with lightning. Their abilities seem limited, however, and research needs to be further done before making them more widespread.

Lightning Bolt (Su): Galvan can cast Lightning Bolt 3/Day as a 5th Level Caster.

Loyalty (Ex): If it's master is killed the Galvan goes berserk. The uncontrolled Galvan goes on a rampage, attacking the nearest living creature or smashing some object smaller than itself if no creature is within reach, then moving on to spread more destruction. Once a Galvan goes berserk, no known method can reestablish control. Galvans cannot disobey an order given by their master.

Combat: Galvans blast whatever target their master points out with lightning. After their electricity runs out, they are forced to make do with conventional weapons.

CL 13th; Craft Construct, Geas/Quest, Limited Wish, Lightning Bolt; Price 15,000 GP, Cost 8,000 GP + 3320 XP
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Hypnos (Mystara)
    Medium Construct
    Hit Dice: 2d10+20 (31 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+0
    Attack: Weapon +1 melee (by weapon)
    Full Attack: Weapon +1 melee (by weapon)
    Special Attacks: Charm, Suggestion
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Construct traits, SR 17, Loyalty
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con -, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 8
    Skills: Bluff +2, Diplomacy +1
    Feats: Ability Focus (Charm Person, Suggestion)
    Organization: Solitary, Pair or Group (3-12)
    Alignment: Neutral
    Advancement: 3-6 HD (Medium)

"You are most exquisite sir or madam."

"Flattery works best if you don't unintentionally insult your target."

"They are somewhat mindless critters ma'am."

Hypnos are generally the most exquisitely sculpted of the Magen, and are used as personal assistants. Their abilty to mentally influence others makes them popular, but it also terrifies their masters. Most live in fear that somehow the Hypnos will some day gain free will.

Charm (Su): Hypnos can cast Charm Person at will as a 5th Level Wizard.

Suggestion (Su): Hypnos can cast Suggestion at will as a 5th Level Wizard. It may only do this on victims it has successfully Charmed, and may do so silently as it has established a telepathic channel to victims it has Charmed.

Loyalty (Ex): If it's master is killed the Hypnos goes berserk. The uncontrolled Hypnos goes on a rampage, attacking the nearest living creature or smashing some object smaller than itself if no creature is within reach, then moving on to spread more destruction. Once a Hypnos goes berserk, no known method can reestablish control. Hypnos cannot disobey an order given by their master.

Combat: Hypnos avoid combat, preferring to use their Supernatural abilities. Their master can still order them to fight, however.

CL 13th; Craft Construct, Geas/Quest, Limited Wish, Charm Person, Suggestion; Price 6,000 GP, Cost 3,500 GP + 3140 XP
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

This basic thing. I've already gotten a tainted wind, it'd be interesting to have a demonic forest, with demonic twisted creatures. Think of the abyss as a chaotic blight that is tainting the world. But it could just be other strange demons.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Gimme a short list of critters you have in your forest and ill make bad guy versions of em.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, how about a template for making Fiendish Undead (Orcus is Lord of the Undead), mebbe a new demon or two and a blight template for the local flora/fauna?
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, how about a template for making Fiendish Undead (Orcus is Lord of the Undead), mebbe a new demon or two and a blight template for the local flora/fauna?
    That could work! I've got a variety of areas, from huge redwood forest temperate to swamps, to elven jungles. Lots of mountain ranges.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

howzis for fiendish undead?

Brood of Orcus

Brood of Orcus is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any Demon (Tanar'ri). They are Demons raised from destruction as a sort of fiendish Zombie to serve Orcus. Thusly far only he seems to know the secret of how to do this.

Size and Type: Size is Unchanged, Subtypes are kept, but Type becomes Undead.

Hit Dice: All current and future Hit Dice become d12's, and hp are recalculated.

Speed: If the base creature can fly, its maneuverability rating drops to clumsy.

Armor Class: The Base Creature's Natural Armor Bonus increases by an amount dependent on it's size: Small (+1), Medium (+2), Large (+3), or Huge (+4).

Attacks: Unchanged.

Damage: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: The Base Creature loses any of the following if it has them: Sneak Attack, Summon Demon, Spell-Like Abilities, Dance of Ruin. Abilities who have a Save DC based off of Constitution now use the Broods Charisma Modifier instead. The Base Creature also gains the following:

Supernatural Abilities (Su): If the Base Creature has 6 or more Hit Dice it permanently gains the benefits of an Undead Torch spell (see Spell Compendium). If the Base Creature has 10 or more Hit Dice it permanently becomes the center of an Unhallow spell. The fixed spell Affect only effects the Base Creature. If the Brood enters a Hallow seplls area of effect both that spell and this ability are negated until the Brood leaves.

Special Qualities: The Base Creature loses any of the following if it has them: Telepathy, Tongues. If it has any form of Damage Reduction, that changes to DR x/-. For example if it had DR 10/Cold Iron or Good, it now has DR 10/-. The Base Creature also gains the following:

Turn Resistance/Immunity (Ex): The Base Creature gains some Turn Resistance or Immunity based on what it's CR was before this Template was applied: CR 0-3 (+0), CR 4-6 (+1), CR 7-9 (+2), Cr 10-12 (+3), CR 13-15 (+4), CR 16-18 (+6), CR 19+ (Turn Immunity).

Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

Saves: Unchanged.

Abilities: +4 Str. Constitution and Intelligence Scores are reduced to -. Wisdom is reduced to a 10.

Skills:
    Being Mindless the Brood of Orcus loses all Skill Points.

Feats: Being Mindless, the Brood of Orcus loses all Feats except Bonus Feats.

Environment: Unchanged.

Organization: Unchanged.

Challenge Rating:
    -1 (minimum CR 1/2).

Treasure:
    None.

Alignment: Unchanged.

Advancement: Unchanged.

Level Adjustment:
    ---

Example of creature using template here:

Dretch
    Small Undead (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar'ri)
    Hit Dice: 2d12 (13 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 Size, +6 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+1
    Attack: Claw +6 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +6 melee (1d6+3) and 1 Bite +1 melee (1d4+1)
    Special Attacks: ---
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, Undead traits, Mindless
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 10, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 11
    Skills: ---
    Feats: ---
    Environment: A chaotic evil-aligned plane
    Organization: Solitary, pair, gang (3-5), crowd (6-15), or mob (10-40)
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: 3-6 HD (Small)
    Last edited by Bhu; 2018-11-19 at 05:17 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

template for the elemental you mentioned in pm

Abyssal Elemental

Abyssal Elemental is an Inherited Template that can be applied to any Elemental. They are Elementals "born" in the Abyssal layer of Thanatos, perverted by the magics of Orcus. When he spreads his taint into the Prime they sometimes accompany it, perverting nature in their wake.

Size and Type: Unchanged. Gains the Chaotic and Evil Subtypes.

Hit Dice: Unchanged.

Speed: Unchanged.

Armor Class: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): An Abyssal Elemental with a Charisma score of 8 or higher has spell-like abilities depending on its Hit Dice, as below. The abilities are cumulative. Unless otherwise noted, an ability is usable once per day. Caster level equals the creature’s HD, and the save DC is Charisma-based. 1-2 HD: Sap Strength 3/Day (Air), Desecrate 3/Day (Earth), Dance of Ruin 3/day (Fire), Curse Water 3/day (Water); 3-4 HD: Summon Undead II 1/Day; 5-6 HD: Consumptive Field 1/Day (Air), Profane Item 1/Day (Earth), Clutch of Orcus 1/Day (Fire), Contagion 1/Day (Water); 7-8 HD: Unholy Storm 3/Day (Air), Rejuvenative Corpse 3/Day (Earth), Shriveling 3/Day (Fire), Drown 3/Day (Water); 9-10 HD: Summon Undead IV 1/Day; 11-12 HD: Greater Consumptive Field 1/Day (Air), Vile Death 1/Day (Earth), Pulse of Hate 1/Day (Fire), Pestilence 1Day (Water); 13-14 HD: Unholy Aura 3/Day, Unhallow 1/Day; 15-16 HD: Plague 1/Day (Air), Skeletal Guard 1/Day (Earth), Blackfire 1/Day (Fire), Befoul 1/Day (Water); 17-18 HD: Summon Monster IX (Bebelith or Hezrou only); 19-20 HD: Blasphemy 1/Day.

Pervert the Natural Order (Ex): 1/Day the Abyssal Elemental can make a Melee Touch Attack against any living Creature with a non-Evil Alignment that the Tainted Nature Template can be applied to. The target must make a Willpower Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Charisma Modifier) or permanently gain the Tainted Nature Template until it receives a Limited Wish or Wish spell.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Immunities: Immune to Electrical damage.

Energy Resistance (Ex): The Base Creature gains Energy Resistance to Acid, Cold and Fire. The exact amount depends on the Base Creatures Hit Dice: 5 HD or less (5), 6+ HD (10).

Damage Reduction (Ex): The Base Creature gains Damage Reduction x/Cold Iron or Good. The amount depends on the Base Creatures Hit Dice: 5 HD or less (DR 5), 6-19 HD (DR 10), 20+ HD (DR 15).

Abilities: +4 Int, +4 Cha.

Skills: Unchanged.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment: The Abyss.

Organization: Unchanged.

Challenge Rating:
    HD 4 or less, as base creature +1; HD 5 to 10, as base creature +2; HD 11 or more, as base creature +3.

Treasure: Unchanged.

Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil.

Small Abyssal Fire Elemental
    Small Elemental (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Fire)
    Hit Dice: 2d8 (9 hp)
    Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
    Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4 plus 1d4 fire)
    Full Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4 plus 1d4 fire)
    Special Attacks: Burn, Spell-Like Abilities, Pervert the Natural Order
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits, immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold, Immune to Electricity, Energy Resistance 5 (Acid, Cold, Fire), DR 5/Cold Iron or Good
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 15
    Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3
    Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative (B), Weapon Finesse (B)
    Environment: The Abyss
    Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral
    Advancement: 3 HD (Small)

Burn (Ex): A fire elemental’s slam attack deals bludgeoning damage plus 1d4 fire damage from the elemental’s flaming body. Those hit by a fire elemental’s slam attack also must succeed on a DC 11 Reflex save or catch on fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. A burning creature can take a move action to put out the flame. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Creatures hitting a fire elemental with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the elemental’s attack, and also catch on fire unless they succeed on a Reflex save.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): The Abyssal Fire Elemental can cast Dance of Ruin 3/day as a Spell-Like Ability.

Pervert the Natural Order (Ex): 1/Day the Abyssal Elemental can make a Melee Touch Attack against any living Creature with a non-Evil Alignment that the Tainted Nature Template can be applied to. The target must make a DC 14 Willpower Save or permanently gain the Tainted Nature Template until it receives a Limited Wish or Wish spell.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2018-12-02 at 11:13 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Faux Tiefling

Faux Tiefling is an Acquired or Inherited Template that can be applied to any Humanoid. They are created by the taint of Orcus spreading into the Prime material Plane, corrupting the local Humanoids. Unfortunately they breed true with one another, swiftly replacing the local population within a few decades in left unchecked. They greatly resemble regular Tieflings, and Orcus uses them as spies in the Blood War due to this.

Size and Type: Type becomes Outsider with the Native Subtype.

Speed: Unchanged.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Taint of Orcus (Sp): Pick any 2nd Level Necromancy spell from the Cleric or Sorcerer lists. You may cast it once per day as a as a 1st-level caster or a caster of her class level, whichever is higher.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, plus gains the following:

Darkvision 60 ft.

+2 Racial Bonus on Bluff and Intimidate Checks.

Abilities: +2 Cha.

Skills: Unchanged (but gains Abyssal as a Bonus language).

Feats: Unchanged.

Organization:
    Unchanged.

Challenge Rating: +0

Treasure:
    Unchanged.

Advancement: Unchanged, but gains Sorcerer as a Favored Class.

Level Adjustment: +1

Mother Carmichael (1st Level Human Sorcerer/Faux Tiefling)
    Medium Outsider (Native)
    Hit Dice: 1d4+1 (3 hp)
    Initiative: +2
    Armor Class: 12 (+2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 10
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-1
    Attack: Dagger -1 melee (1d4-1)
    Full Attack: Dagger -1 melee (1d4-1)
    Special Attacks: Spells, Taint of Orcus (Desecrate)
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Bat Familiar
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 19
    Skills: Bluff +9, Concentration +4, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +3, Listen +4, Spellcraft +3
    Feats: Greater Spell Focus (Necromancy), Spell Focus (Necromancy)
    Treasure:
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Level Adjustment: +1
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

anyone seen wombat?
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ettin in the Playground

anyone seen wombat?
    I'm liking them! I'm always a fan of non templates too, or more examples of the templates you have, just because I'm not as good at converting on the fly.

Also, can you design any higher level challenges as well? Like CR 15ish? Also, I would assume most of these templates are able to summon other demons, like most demon. Also for the feux tiefling, i'd say that they may be unknowing spys. Like they're not always fully aware of the corruption.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2018-12-08 at 05:48 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

I'm liking them! I'm always a fan of non templates too, or more examples of the templates you have, just because I'm not as good at converting on the fly.

Also, can you design any higher level challenges as well? Like CR 15ish? Also, I would assume most of these templates are able to summon other demons, like most demon. Also for the feux tiefling, i'd say that they may be unknowing spys. Like they're not always fully aware of the corruption.
    I got a tree demon and a forest demon coming, the tree will be in that cr range. Currently none of the above templates are summoners but there will be some on the way.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Faux Dryad
    Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, Tanar'ri)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+6 (33 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Armor Class: 23 (+4 Dex, +9 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+7
    Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d6+1)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +10 melee (1d6+1)
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Summon Demon
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/cold iron or good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, spell resistance 18, telepathy 100 ft., tongues, Change Shape
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 19, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 20
    Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +6, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +12, Escape Artist +10, Hide +11, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (Nature) +9, Listen +8, Move Silently +10, Search +9, Spot +8, Survival +9, Use Rope +11
    Feats: Dodge, Great Fortitude, Weapon Finesse
    Challenge Rating: 7
    Advancement: 7-12 HD (Medium)

Faux Dryads look a lot like regular Dryads to humans. There are enough differences that Fey, Druids, and those that spend much time with either can make a Spot vs Disguise Check to realize something is off. They are intended as scouts and companions for Black Figs. They find good locations for planting and then serve as distractions for anyone who comes poking about.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At Will: Charm Monster, Entangle, Greater Teleport, Speak With Plants, Suggestion, Tree Shape, Tree Stride. Caster Level is 12th.

Summon Demon (Sp): Once per day a Faux Dryad can attempt to summon 1 vrock with a 30% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 3rd-level spell.

Change Shape (Su): A Faux Dryad can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid.

Skills: Faux Dryads have a +8 Racial Bonus to Disguise Checks meant to appear as a Dryad.

Combat: Faux Dryads are not combat monsters. They try to befriend intruders and lead them into ambushes, or have Charmed critters deal with them.

Black Fig
    Huge Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 14d8+112 (175 hp)
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 26 (-2 Size, +18 Natural), touch 8, flat-footed 26
    Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+31
    Attack: Slam +21 melee (2d8+9)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +21 melee (2d8+9)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Summoning Focus, Frightful Presence
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, spell resistance 22, telepathy 100 ft.
    Saves: Fort +17, Ref +9, Will +15
    Abilities: Str 29, Dex 11, Con 27, Int 18, Wis 22, Cha 22
    Skills: Bluff +19, Concentration +21, Diplomacy +19, Disguise +17, Hide +5, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (Arcana, Local, Nature) +18, Listen +20, Move Silently +13, Search +18, Sense Motive +20, Spellcraft +17, Spot +20
    Feats: Ability Focus (Frightful Presence), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability, Violate Spell-Like Ability
    Organization: Solitary or troupe (1 Black Fig and 1-4 Evil Treants)
    Challenge Rating: 14
    Advancement: 15-20 HD (Huge); 21-42 HD (Gargantuan)

Black Figs appear as enormous, and somehow unsettling Fig trees. Grown in the soil of the Abyss they are transplanted to the Prime with Faux Dryads as guardians. Once in place the Cults of Orcus find it much easier to bring in demonic assistance. Once established a Fig must be destroyed swiftly, or else the area will be swarming with monsters.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At Will: Animate Plants, Forestfold, Greater Dispel Magic, Jungle's Rapture, Spike Growth, Unholy Aura. Caster Level is 12th.

Summoning Focus (Su): When within 120 ft. of the Black Fig Summoning and Calling spells and abilities work differently. If someone casts a Summon Monster spell it always summons a Tanar'ri (if no Tanar'ri is specified in the spell entry substitute any Tanar'ri of an identical CR). If the Tanar'ri is still within range at the end of the spell it doesn't leave. If a Gate spell is cast within this area it immediately opens to the Abyss regardless of the casters intent. Beings with the Summon Demon ability have their chances to Summon increased by 20%, and may use it one additional time per day. They may also summon different Demons. For example a Succubus would have a 50% chance of summoning any CR 9 Demon, instead of a 30% chance of Summoning a Vrock.

Frightful Presence (Ex):
    The Black Fig can inspire terror by revealing it's true nature or attacking. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 25 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 60 feet of the Black Fig. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Combat: Black Figs generally pretend to be normal trees, only attacking if they have to. Their mission is to establish a beachhead on the Prime that more Demons can pour through.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I'm working on the rough draft of the blighted plant/critter template. How many options do you want?

Tainted Nature

Tainted Nature is an Acquired or Inherited Template that can be applied to any Animal, Plant or Vermin. It is acquired by encounters with Abyssal Elementals, and perhaps the taint of Orcus as well. Flora and fauna that acquire this template change in some way, usually for the worse.

Size and Type: Type becomes Outsider with the Chaotic, Evil and Native Subtypes, size is unchanged.

Speed: Unchanged (but see below).

Attacks: Unchanged. BAB changed to be equal to Hit Dice.

Special Attacks: Retains all Special Attacks of the Base Creature, plus gains one of the following for every 3 Hit Dice it has:

Attach (Ex): The Base Creature can Attach itself to an opponent by making a Melee Touch Attack. While Attached it is considered to be Grappling it's opponent, but loses it's Dexterity Bonus to AC. To remove it requires the opponent to successfully Pin it in a Grapple.

Augmented Criticals (Ex): One of the Base Creature's Special Attacks has it's critical threat range increased by 1, and it's critical damage multiplier increased by 1 (i.e. if they normally do x2 damage with a critical, they now do x3. D)

Battle Frenzy (Ex): Choose either the Power, or Speed option when picking this ability. Power: Once per fight the Base Creature may go into Battle Frenzy gaining an ability exactly the same as the Barbarians Rage ability listed in the Players Handbook page 26. Speed:As Power except you use the Whirling Frenzy variant found on page 66 of Unearthed Arcana.

Blinding Flash (Su):The Base Creature can emit a blinding flash of light a number of times per day equal to its Charisma modifier. Anyone within 10 feet of the Base Creature looking at it that has eyes must make a Fortitude Save (DC: 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Charisma modifier) or be Blinded for 1d6 minutes. If the Save is successful they are blinded for 1d4 rounds.

Blood Drain (Ex): The Base Creature does 1d4 temporary Constitution damage each round it has it's opponent Pinned in a Grapple Check (2d6 if Increased Size is taken), or if it has Attach each round it remains attached, beginning with the first round it which it starts attached to it's victim.

Chemical Spray (Ex): Once every 1d4 rounds you can unleash a bitter irritating chemical spray that sticks to your opponents and burns them. This is an 40' Cone (60' Cone if Increased Size is taken) that does 1d6 Acid damage, and the opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier) or be Sickened for 1d4 minutes. Opponents with the Scent ability take a -4 Penalty on this roll. If the opponent rolls a Natural '1' on his Save, he is also Blinded for 1d4 rounds.

Diseased Attack(Ex):The Base Creature's natural attacks are infected with disease. Opponents who are successfully struck by these attacks must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Constitution Modifier) or be infected. You may choose any disease on page 292 of the DM's Guide that has Contact or Injury listed as an infection method (except Mummy Rot).

Disease Spray (Ex):You may spray an opponent with infected fluids. This is an 40 foot cone (60' if Increased Size is taken)that may be used every 1d4 rounds. Opponents must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 +1/2 Hit Dice + Constitution Modifier)or be infected. You may choose any disease on page 292 of the DM's Guide that has Contact or Injury as an infection method except Mummy Rot (Diseases with the Injury infection method will only infect if you have already injured the opponent before spraying them).

Energized Attack (Su):As a standard action once per minute you may charge your natural attacks attacks with energy of some type. You must choose the type when the template is applied, and the effect last 1d4+1 rounds. During this time the natural attacks do an extra 1d6 damage of the appropriate energy type (2d6 if Increased Size is taken), this damage is not multiplied on a critical. You may choose Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, or Sonic. Optionally you may choose during creation to link your Energized Attacks to your Natural Attacks, Constriction, or successful Grapple attacks. This ability may be chosen more than once. If so, decide which version of the Energized Attack you are using (the effects of picking it more than once do not stack).

Poison Attack (Ex): One of your natural attacks (usually a bite or sting) is envenomed. If this attack hits and does damage, your opponent must make a Fortitude Save to avoid the venom's effects (DC is 10 +1/2 Hit Dice + Constitution Modifier). Initial and Secondary damage is 1d4 (1d6 if Increased Size is taken), you choose whether or nor Damage is done to Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution at Creation. Or optionally Initial damage is Paralysis for 2d4 rounds, secondary damage is none.

Poison Flesh (Ex): If your opponent bites you he may be poisoned if he fails a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Constitution Modifier plus a +4 Racial Bonus). Initial and Secondary damage is 1d4 (1d6 if Increased Size is taken), you choose whether or nor Damage is done to Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution at Creation. Or optionally Initial damage is Paralysis for 2d4 rounds, secondary damage is none.

Poison Spittle (Ex):You may spew a gob of caustic poison into your opponents face possibly blinding them. Every 1d4 rounds you may spew a gob of venom as a touch attack with a range of 60 feet (120 ft. if Increased Size is taken). If it hits the victim is allowed a Reflex Save (DC is 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Constitution modifier). If he fails he is blinded for 1d6 rounds (eyeless creatures are immune to this effect), and takes acid damage equal to half your total Hit Dice (i.e. if you have 40 Hit Dice it takes 20 damage).

Poison Spray (Ex):You can spew a cloud of venom once every 1d4 rounds in a 40 foot cone (60' if Increased Size is taken). Anyone in its area of effect must make a Fortitude Save ( Dc is 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Constitution modifier) or take the poisons effects. Initial and secondary damage is 1d4 (1d6 if Increased Size is taken), you may choose to damage either Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution at creation. Or optionally you may choose to make initial damage Paralysis for 1d4 rounds, secondary damage none.

Stench (Ex): Rotting garbage smells better than you. Any living being with a sense of smell coming within 30 feet of the Tainted must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice +Constitution modifier) or be Nauseated for 1d6+4 rounds (60' if Increased Size is taken). If the opponents save successfully they are immune to the effects of the Stench for 24 hours.

Stunning Blow (Ex): If you succeed with your Primary Natural Attack your opponent must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Str Modifier) or be Stunned for 1d3 rounds.

Unusual Power (Sp): Each time this power is selected the Base Creature gains a different Psilike Ability or Spell-Like Ability. The Base Creature's Caster/Manifester Level is equal to it's Hit Dice, and it's Save DC is 10 plus Spell/Power Level plus Charisma Modifier. The Base Creature can pick any power on the Psychic Warrior List if this is a Psilike Ability, or any Spell on the Sorcerer or Druid Spell List as it's power. Spells/Powers of 2nd level or less may be used 5/day, 3rd-5th level can be used 3/day, and 6th level or higher 1/day. The Power/Spell chosen must be of a level a Caster of the Tainted's Caster Level could cast/manifest.

Special Qualities: Retains all Special Qualities of the Base Creature, plus gains one of the following for every 3 Hit Dice it has:

Additional Movement Type (Ex): The Base Creature gains a land, swim, fly, climb, or burrow speed. The new movement types speed is equal to the Base Creature's base speed. This can be chosen multiple times. If the Base Creature gains a Swim move it may also gain the Aquatic subtype if you wish. You may also make it amphibious. If you gain a Flight move your maneuverability is initially Poor.

Blindsense (Ex): While in the water the Base Creature can sense all other beings within 40 ft.

Chameleon (Ex): The Base Creature can change colors and blend in with it's background. It does not receive a Size penalty to Hide checks, and can Hide in Plain Sight (see the Ranger ability of the same name in the PHB).

Damage Reduction (Ex): A Base Creature gains Damage Reduction 10/Cold Iron or Good.

Energy Resistance (Ex): Base Creature gains Energy Resistance 10 to one of the following: Acid, Cold, Fire, Electricity, or Sonic damage. This can be taken multiple times.

Enhanced Ability Score (Ex): You may add +4 to any one ability score after all the other modifiers for this template have been added.

Enhanced Movement (Ex): One of the Base Creature's movement types is increased by +20 feet. This may be taken multiple times. Optionally if the Base Creature has a Flight speed, it can increase its maneuverability 2 levels higher.

Fast Healing (Ex): The Base Creature gains Fast Healing 5.

Hold Breath (Ex): The Base Creature may hold it's Breath for a number of minutes equal to it's 8 times it's Constitution Modifier before it risks drowning.

Increased Size (Ex): If Increased Size is chosen it counts as two selections for the Base Creature. The Base Creature's Size Category increases by one (see Monster Manual for the effects).

Regeneration (Ex): The Base Creature Regeneration 10. You must decide what type of damage it cannot regenerate upon applying the Template.

Spell Resistance (Su): The Base Creature gains Spell Resistance equal to 10 + it's CR.

Spines (Ex): The Base Creature is covered in spines. Anything hitting it with an unarmed strike or a natural attack takes 1d6 damage plus its Strength bonus.

Sonar (Ex): The Base Creature gains Blindsight 40'.

Sprint (Ex): Once per hour the Base Creature can move up to 5 times it's normal Speed when performing a Charge attack.

Tremorsense (Ex): The Base Creature has Tremorsense with a range of 40'.

Saves: All Saves become Good Saves, and Saving Throws are recalculated.

Abilities: +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +4 Cha

Skills: Skills may need to be recalculated due to changes in ability scores. If the base creature is Mindless, it now gains Skill Points.

Feats: Unchanged. If the base creature is Mindless, it now gains Feats.

Organization:
    Unchanged, usually Solitary.

Challenge Rating: +1 for every full 3 Hit Die of the Base Creature

Treasure:
    Unchanged.

Tainted Mule
    Large Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Native)
    Hit Dice: 3d8+15 (28 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Armor Class: 13 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+12
    Attack: Hoof +7 melee (1d4+5)
    Full Attack: 2 Hooves +7 melee (1d4+5)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Stench
    Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Scent, Enhanced Movement
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 13, Con 21, Int 4, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Skills: Listen +6, Spot +6
    Feats: Alertness, Endurance
    Environment: Warm Plains
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: ---
    Last edited by Bhu; 2018-12-31 at 09:50 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Are the Black Figs a reference to a particular myth? (i.e. why figs specifically rather than Black Trees? :))

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets go with 3 or 4 options? If you have ideas for more, I wouldn't mind more!

World Building Projects:
    Magic

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Are the Black Figs a reference to a particular myth? (i.e. why figs specifically rather than Black Trees? :))
    Figs can be founf almost anywhere and are fairly innocuous. Second rough draft of Tainted Nature is up.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

finally off overtime

Gautiere
    Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30 hp)
    Armor Class: 14 (-1 Size, +1 Dex, +4 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+12
    Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d4+4) or Xaen +7 melee (1d10+4)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d4+4) or Xaen +7 melee (1d10+4)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Acid Touch
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Immunities, Planar Prisoners
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 16
    Skills: Climb +4, Hide +11, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (The Planes, Religion) +10, Listen +9, Move Silently +11, Spot +9, Survival +9, Swim +4
    Environment: Carceri
    Organization: Solitary, Band (2-5), or Tribe (14-34 with 1 Leader who has up to 6 Levels in Wizard)
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 5-12 HD (Large)

"Evening ma'ams. Could you spare a dime for a few poor souls trappped on Carceri? If we can free them they'd make excellent cannon fodder. They're stoic as all get out."

Formerly known as the Tiere, the Gautiere were tall, gaunt humanoids with grey skin. They worshiped a God whose name is long forgotten and toiled for generations to build a massive shrine in the Outlands to be his home. Other, more jealous Gods assaulted the Tiere and their shrine. Betrayed by their Good who hid within the temple, the Gautiere conducted a powerful ritual trapping their former deity within. In the aftermath the shrine and it's captive deity disappeared, and the Gautiere were forever imprisoned on the layer of Minethys on Carceri. They are brutal and uncaring to all but their own, and never retreat in battle.

Acid Touch (Su): Once per day the Gautiere can make a melee touch attack that does 3d6 acid damage. This damage takes twice as long to heal, and spells that heal damage heal half as much of this damage as usual.

Immunities (Ex): Gautiere are immune to Acid and Fire damage, as well as the effects of high temperatures (see Sandstorm).

Planar Prisoners (Ex): Gautiere cannot leave, or be removed from, the Plane of Carceri by any means.

Combat: Gautiere are fond of ambushes, and never retreat or surrender once a fight has begun. They prefer their Xaen, and will use their touch attack on stubborn foes. Their claws are used in desperation.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

Genie (Deceiver) (Al-Qadim)
    Medium Outsider (Air, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 9d8+18 (58 hp)
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Fly 50 ft. (Perfect)
    Armor Class: 20 (+4 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+13
    Attack: Claw +12 melee (2d10+4)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +12 melee (2d10+4)
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Blinding Claws
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Displacement, Inveterate Liar, Plane Shift, Telepathy 100 ft., SR x
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 18, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Skills: Bluff +12, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +12, Escape Artist +12, Forgery +12, Gather Information +10, Hide +12, Intimidate +12, Listen +10, Move Silently +12, Search +12, Sleight of Hand +12, Spot +10
    Feats: Boost Spell-Like Ability, Empower Spell-Like Ability, Heighten Spell-Like Ability, Quicken Spell-Like Ability,
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 10-13 HD (Medium), 14-27 HD (Large)

"Tell your fortune madam?"

"No."

"Guess your weight?"

"No."

"Have we met before?"

"Yes." "Yes."

"Crap. I thought you two looked familiar."

Deceivers are Djinni tasked with masking the true face of the world for so long it has corrupted them. They are grey skinned, thin Djinn with long limbs, and large head, hands and feet. They have blond hair, one blue eye and one brown eye. Virtually incapable of telling the truth, they will lie even if the truth serves them better.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will: Comprehend Languages, Disguise Self, False Vision, Misdirection, Misrepresent Alignment, Serene Visage, Whispering Wind. 2/day: Major Image, Shadow Evocation, Veil (distance distortion?) 1/day: Color Spray, Mass Suggestion, Permanent Image, Phantasmal Disorientation, Programmed Image, Project Image, Solipsism, Song of Discord. Caster Level is 24th.

Blinding Claws (Ex): On a successfully confirmed critical with it's claws, the Deceiver permanently blinds it's opponent until it receives a Remove Blindness/Deafness spell.

Displacement (Su): Deceiver Genie's have a permanent Displacement spell in effect on their person (Caster Level is equal to Hit Dice). They may shut this on or off once per round as a Free Action.

Inveterate Liar (Ex): Deceiver's are virtually incapable of telling the truth, even under magical compulsion. Charmed or Dominated Deceiver's can and will still lie to their controllers, and they are immune to spells that compel the truth.

Plane Shift (Sp): A genie can enter any of the elemental planes, the Astral Plane, or the Material Plane. This ability transports the genie and up to eight other creatures, provided they all link hands with the genie. It is otherwise similar to the spell of the same name (caster level 13th).

Combat:
    Deceivers are cowards who avoid combat, using their Spell-Like abilities to distract foes while they escape. If cornered they are vicious, and will fight hysterically.
    Orcs and Goblins