New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1475

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything (quite on the contrary), I'm just not entirely clear on how vital statistics are to be presented for creatures with alternative forms, and since the shrub is technically the base form, I thought its separate height should probably be listed somehow.

(On an unrelated note, I had some time to kill, so I made a birdy, but I'm afraid I might have piled a bit too many special abilities on it. Could you perhaps look at it?

Ptenion (Essentially Unkillable Happy Little Green Bird)

Ptenia are rarely larger than a thrush. They have grey-black wings, while the rest of their feathers are green.
    One night a powerful druid had a little too much to drink. Ever since, all ptenia speak Druidic.

Size/Type: Diminutive Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 1/4d10 (1 hp)
    Initiative: +7
    Speed: 5 feet (1 square), fly 80 ft. (good)
    Armor Class: 31 (+4 size, +7 Dex, +10 dodge), touch 31, flat-footed –
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-16
    Attack: Peck +0 (1d2-5)
    Full Attack: Peck +0 (1d2-5)
    Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Scare Them Back, So Very Harmless
    Special Qualities: Defensive Roll, Erratic Flight, Full-Size Feathers, Improved Evasion, Properly Paranoid
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +11, Will +0
    Abilities: Str 1, Dex 25, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 12
    Skills: Balance +7, Hide +19, Listen +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6
    Feats: Lightning Reflexes, WingoverB
    Environment: Temperate to cold forests
    Organization: Pair or flock (4-20)
    Challenge Rating:
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment:

Defensive Roll (Ex)
    Once per day, when a ptenion would be reduced to 0 hit points or less by damage in combat (from a weapon or other blow, not a spell or special ability), it can attempt to roll with the damage. It makes a Reflex saing throw (DC = damage dealt) and, if successful, takes only half damage from the blow. It must be aware of the attack and able to react to it in order to execute its defensive roll.

Erratic Flight (Ex)
    The ptenion keeps making weird swerves as it flies really fast. Any succesful attack made against a flying ptenion has a 20% miss chance.

Full-Size Feathers (Ex)
    When it sits idly, a ptenion will aperiodically ruffle its feathers and appear slightly larger than it actually is. Any succesful attack made against a ptenion while it perches on a branch has a 10% miss chance.

Improved Evasion (Ex)
    A ptenion takes no damage at all on successful saving throws against attacks that allow a Reflex saving throw for half damage. What’s more, it takes only half damage even if it fails its saving throw.

Properly Paranoid (Ex)
    The world is an ugly and cruel place, so little birds can never truly feel safe. Therefore, a ptenion is always on the lookout and ready to flee. The ptenion benefits from a +10 dodge bonus to Armor Class and can never be caught flat-footed.

Scare Them Back (Ex)
    When it is startled or when it feels threatened, a ptenion can emit a loud, unsettling shriek as a swift action. This shriek imposes a -1 penalty on all attack rolls made against a ptenion for 1d4 rounds unless the attacker succeeds on a DC 11 Will save. If a pair of ptenia emit the shriek simultaneously, the penalty increases to -2. If an entire flock emits the shriek in unison, the penalty increases to -5. The save DC is Charisma-based.

So Very Harmless (Ex)
    The ptenion is a harmless little bird, and harmless little birds are truly endearing. Anyone who attempts to attack a ptenion must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or lose the attack action. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +4 racial bonus.

Skills
    The ptenion gains a +4 bonus on Spot and Listen checks.)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2020-12-13 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Added a save to STB and struck out Defensive Roll.

2. - Top - End - #1352

The ptenion should have +19 to hide because diminutive size gives +12, Scare Them Back should have a duration for the penalty to attack rolls. Also, fractional HD don't make skill points fractional, so it should have 8.

3. - Top - End - #1353

I knew I'll miss something. Thanks for the help!

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Give me a bit. Two coworkers are out and 1 may have been exposed so I'm getting asked to do 16 hour days.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

5. - Top - End - #1355

16 hours a day? That sounds just horrible. Really sorry to hear that, and I really hope it's not a long-term thing.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Ptenion is over powered. At most it will do 1 point of damage per round, but it is completely unhittable even by creatures more powerful than it. We'd needto reduce the DexandACBnus for starters. Scare Them Back should have a Save. Properly Paranoid should be listed under Special Qualities.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #1357

Yeah, well I honestly did not expect that I'll get away with giving an AC of 31 to a diminutive birdy, but it was worth a shot.
    How much of the bonuses to AC can it keep if I remove Defensive Roll, give a low DC (no racial bonus) to Scare Them Back and, say, only give it Evasion (rather than Improved Evasion)?

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

Fighters would be best to hit it at 1st Level. Let's assume our fighter takes Weapon Focus, has a masterwork weapon, and an 18 in his attack stat. He'll be rolling 1d20+4 (ability score)+1 (feat)+1 (weapon) for an average roll of 16.5. Which means no one without Fighter BAB will likely hit a17, and the Fighter will miss just over half the time.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

Defensive Roll doesn't do much for a creature with only 1 hitpoint. Just means that a 1 point hit might leave it unharmed, and a 2 point hit might only leave it at 0 rather than unconscious rather than rolling for stabilization.

Seems a reasonable creature to exist in a setting, and even for a level 1 party to come across, but not HAVE to fight. A lesson for overly aggressive players perhaps?

Of course I haven't read much back so I may be missing out on some important context for what role it is intended for.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Fighters would be best to hit it at 1st Level. Let's assume our fighter takes Weapon Focus, has a masterwork weapon, and an 18 in his attack stat. He'll be rolling 1d20+4 (ability score)+1 (feat)+1 (weapon) for an average roll of 16.5. Which means no one without Fighter BAB will likely hit a17, and the Fighter will miss just over half the time.
    While I do realize the current AC of 31 is more than over the top, the thing is I'm not sure I want a 1st level fighter to be able to instakill it half the time. It's basically a joke creature the whole shtick of which is that it is ridiculously hard to kill despite its size, so I'd really rather kepp the AC as high as it can get away with. Would halving the dodge bonus and bringing down the Dex score to 19 work?

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Defensive Roll doesn't do much for a creature with only 1 hitpoint. Just means that a 1 point hit might leave it unharmed, and a 2 point hit might only leave it at 0 rather than unconscious rather than rolling for stabilization.
    Yeah, I figured it could halve amounts of damage that would kill the poor birdy instantly, and then someone nice could still stabilize it with some luck, but all in all I tend to agree it doesn't do much and it should just be removed. I'll go strike it out for now.

Seems a reasonable creature to exist in a setting, and even for a level 1 party to come across, but not HAVE to fight. A lesson for overly aggressive players perhaps?

Of course I haven't read much back so I may be missing out on some important context for what role it is intended for.
    There's not much context to it. I just wanted to make an essentially unkillable happy little green bird, but what you're saying about spiting overly aggressive players who kill on sight anything that creeps and moves makes all kinds of sense to me.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Really, if it's a joke critter it doesn't need stats. If your players insist on fighting this thing it will never hit them and they will never hit it. Could be frustrating for them.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #1362

Okay, sorry. I never actually intended to throw it on anyone, my comment above was just me being happy that DracoDei saw potential in the birdy. If it really doesn't make sense, just forget it and sorry again for bothering you.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

You guys are never a bother (hugs!). The concept makes sense, I'm just considering it from multiple viewpoints based on prior experience. I've made the cute unkillable critter before too,and my players loathed it. Ijust didn't want youo to experience what I did.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    You guys are never a bother (hugs!).
    Yay!

The concept makes sense, I'm just considering it from multiple viewpoints based on prior experience. I've made the cute unkillable critter before too,and my players loathed it. Ijust didn't want youo to experience what I did.
    Thanks! I'm not particularly afraid of that, though, mostly since I'm not sure I will ever use it for anything: I made it for my own amusement mostly.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Linqua
    Small Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +5 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-2
    Attack: Dagger +4 melee (1d3)
    Full Attack: Dagger +4 melee (1d3)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Sneak Attack +1d6, Gift of Strength, Spell-Like Abilities
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Energy Resistance 10 (Acid, Cold, Fire), Partial Construct, SR 13
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Skills: Climb +5, Decipher Script +4, Disable Device +4, Hide +9, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Open Lock +5, Search +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Spot +4
    Feats: Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Gehenna
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, Gang (3-8), or Warband (9-24)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement: By Character Class (Rogue)
    Level Adjustment: +4

"So how did you smuggle these guys out of Gehenna?"

"You can get anything at the Teardrop Palace."

Linquas are short, squat humanoids native to Gehenna. Though they appear male, they are actually sexless, being more construct than creature. Their pale, pocked flesh is broken by tufts of bristlelike green hair. Created by the God Sung Chiang, most act as his servants seeing as they lose their Supernatural and Spell-Like abilities if they cast him out. Most of these end up as alcoholics drifting through Sigil. Linqua speak Infernal and Common. They are proficient with daggers, short swords, hand axes, morningstars, slings, javelins, halberds and light crossbows.

Sneak Attack (Ex): Linqua have +1d6 Sneak Attack (this is identical to the Rogue ability from the PHB).

Gift of Strength (Su): As a Free Action for up to 10 rounds per day the Linqua can give itself a +8 Bonus to Str. These rounds need not be consecutive.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): 1/day: Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, Detect Magic, Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spider Climb, Stone Shape, Tongues.

Partial Construct (Ex): A Linqua has Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.

Combat: Linquas are born ambush fighters, and try to Sneak Attack as much as possible.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Lutum
    Medium Elemental (Earth, Native)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+6 (33 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+1 Dex, +3 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+5
    Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d6+1)
    Full Attack: 2 Slams +5 melee (1d6+1) and 1 Bite +0 melee (1d8)
    Special Attacks: Gelatinous Form, Spell-Like Abilities
    Special Qualities: Darkvision, elemental traits, DR 10/Bludgeoning, Vulnerabilities
    Saves: Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 14
    Skills: Bluff +9, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +9, Forgery +9, Hide +7, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (Arcana) +7, Perform (Acting) +7, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7, Use Magic Device +7
    Feats: Deceitful, Improved Initiative, Persuasive
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, Pair or Clan (3-8)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Alignment: Usually Lawful Evil
    Advancement: By Character Class (Wizard)
    Level Adjustment: ---

"Hi there, you got any magic items?"

"That's an uncommon pickup line..."

In their true forms, the malicious lutums appear to be amorphous beings of tan, gelatinous clay that move by rolling. They fashion limbs for themselves as needed to aid in locomotion or combat. Lutums are able to sculpt themselves into bipedal and quadrupedal forms; with few exceptions they choose humanoid female shapes. Most lutums prefer these forms to their own. They are obsessed with acquiring wealth and magical power, and may not be a naturally occurring species. They reproduce at will by asexual splitting.

Gelatinous Form (Ex): If a Lutum hits with both Slams and it's Bite it can flow over it's opponent, shutting off it's air. Effectively it id Grappling it's opponent

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): 1/day: Charm Person, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Passwall, Stone Shape, Stoneskin. 2/day: Detect Thoughts. 4/day: Alter Self (unlike normal the duration is 4 hours).

Vulnerabilities: An Earthquake spell does 8d6 damage to a Lutum if they fail a Fortitude Save (DC is 18 plus casting attribute modifier) in addition to the normal effects. A Move Earth spell paralyzes them for 1d6 rounds (this is an exception too their immunity to paralysis).

Combat: Lutum prefer using their SLA's or magic items, and weapons are only used if their magic fails. They only use their natural attacks if their true form is revealed.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Loup de Noir
    Medium Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+6 (33 hp)
    Initiative: +6
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 Dex, +5 Natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+6
    Attack: By weapon +6 melee
    Full Attack: By weapon +6 melee
    Special Attacks: Wolf Form, Seize Throat, Lycanthropy
    Special Qualities: Low-light Vision, Scent, DR 10/Silver or Good, Mental Tenacity, Addiction to Change
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Skills: Hide +4, Knowledge (Arcana, Nature) +4, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Spot +4, Survival +4, Swim +2
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Track, Weapon Focus (Bite)
    Environment: Cold Forest or Plains
    Organization: Solitary, pair, pack (6-10)
    Challenge Rating: 4
    Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
    Advancement: By Character Class
    Level Adjustment: +3

"So you can change into a wolf by putting on a wolf pelt?"

"I like to think I'm a wolf who can change into a human by removing my skin."

"Ew..."

The loup du noir, or skinchanger, is a lycanthrope that transforms by donning the skin of a wolf. In ancient times, some human hunters learned to assume the shape of a wolf to better stalk and kill their prey, and the practice eventually became a heritable trait. A few skinchangers still linger in the world today, people with a dark and sinister ability to assume the form of a savage, murderous beast.

Loup du noir have only two forms: human or wolf. In their human form they possess a normal character class and abilities. The wolf form is as large and foul-tempered as a dire wolf, and it possesses several special abilities.

A loup du noir must have a special pelt that it can use to perform its shapechanging transformation into wolf form. If the loup du noir cannot put on its wolf skin, it is unable to become a wolf.

Wolf Form (Su): By donning a special wolf Pelt, the Loup de Noir can become a Dire Wolf. This is effectively identical to the Polymorph spell withi a few exceptions; Instead of Trip, the Loup de Noir can use it's Sieze Throat ability, and it retains it's higher Natural Armor Bonus.

Seize Throat (Ex): When the Loup de Noir rolls a Natural 20 on it's bite attack it does triple damage.

Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a Loup de Noir’s bite attack in animal form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy.

Mental Tenacity (Ex): The Loup de Noir is immune to Charms and Compulsions, and gain a +4 Racial Bonus on Willpower Saves against other Enchantment spells or powers that duplicate their effects.

Addiction to Change: Loup de Noir quickly become addicted to the change. Once they first change they must make a DC 10 Willpower Save each day or change long enough to murder someone. Each time the Loup de Noir succeeds, the Save DC increases by +1 each time until the Loup de Noir fails. The change also brings with it a certain bloodlust, and to avoid murdering someone in wolf form the Loup de Noir must make a DC 10 Willpower Save. Each time the Loup de Noir succeeds, the Save DC increases by +1 each time until the Loup de Noir fails.

Skills: Loup de Noir have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Combat: The Loup de Noir fights normally in human forms, and as a wolf in wolf form.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Apparition

"You're selling ghosts?"

"Yes but theys special ghosts! Theys infective!"

Apparition is an acquired template that can be added to any Humanoid. The creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature) must have a Charisma score of at least 6. Apparitions appear on the Prime Material Plane as skeletons, loosely shrouded with filthy bandages. They appear to be an infectious variant on Ghosts, and while most are tied to their place of death some will go looking for those who left them behind. If destroyed in a non permanent way they will seek out their 'killer'.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to Undead. It gains the Incorporeal Subtype. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: All current and future Hit Dice become d12s.

Speed: Apparitions have a fly speed of 60 feet, unless the base creature has a higher fly speed, with perfect maneuverability.

Armor Class: Natural armor is the same as the base creature’s but applies only to ethereal encounters. When the Apparition manifests (see below), its natural armor bonus is +0, but it gains a deflection bonus of +10.

Attacks: An Apparition retains all the attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect creatures that are not ethereal.

Damage: Against ethereal creatures, an Apparition uses the base creature’s damage values. Against nonethereal creatures, the Apparition usually cannot deal physical damage at all but can use its special attacks, if any, when it manifests (see below).

Special Attacks: An Apparition retains all the special attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect nonethereal creatures. The Apparition also gains a Manifestation ability plus one to three other special attacks as described below. The save DC against a special attack is equal to 10 + ½ Apparition’s HD + Apparition’s Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Manifestation (Su): Every ghost has this ability. A ghost dwells on the Ethereal Plane and, as an ethereal creature, it cannot affect or be affected by anything in the material world. When a ghost manifests, it partly enters the Material Plane and becomes visible but incorporeal on the Material Plane. A manifested ghost can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons, or spells, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. A manifested ghost can pass through solid objects at will, and its own attacks pass through armor. A manifested ghost always moves silently. A manifested ghost can strike with its touch attack or with a ghost touch weapon (see Ghostly Equipment, below). A manifested ghost remains partially on the Ethereal Plane, where is it not incorporeal. A manifested ghost can be attacked by opponents on either the Material Plane or the Ethereal Plane. The ghost’s incorporeality helps protect it from foes on the Material Plane, but not from foes on the Ethereal Plane.

When a spellcasting ghost is not manifested and is on the Ethereal Plane, its spells cannot affect targets on the Material Plane, but they work normally against ethereal targets. When a spellcasting ghost manifests, its spells continue to affect ethereal targets and can affect targets on the Material Plane normally unless the spells rely on touch. A manifested ghost’s touch spells don’t work on nonethereal targets.

Frightful Moan (Su): A ghost can emit a frightful moan as a standard action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds. This is a sonic necromantic mind-affecting fear effect. A creature that successfully saves against the moan cannot be affected by the same ghost’s moan for 24 hours.

Terrifying Death (Su): Once per round as a Standard Action while manifested the Apparition can reach for it's victims throat with it's bony claws. The victim makes a Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma based) or be affected as if by a Fear spell (caster Level is equal to the Apparition's Hit Dice). This is a necromantic, mind-affecting fear effect. If the save is successful the opponent iis immune to this Apparitions Terrifying Death ability for 24 hours. If the victim rolls a natural 1 on their Saving Throw, it dies.

Create Spawn (Su): Any humanoid slain by an Apparition becomes an Apparition in 1d4+4 days.

Special Qualities: An Apparition has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Rejuvenation (Su): In most cases, it’s difficult to destroy a ghost through simple combat: The "destroyed" spirit will often restore itself in 2d4 days. Even the most powerful spells are usually only temporary solutions. A ghost that would otherwise be destroyed returns to its old haunts with a successful level check (1d20 + ghost’s HD) against DC 16. As a rule, the only way to get rid of an Apparition is to pull it fully onto the Prime Material Plane and destroy it there.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A ghost has +4 turn resistance.

Lifesense (Su): Apparitions may automatically sense Living creatures within 100 ft. as thought they had Blindsight. They also automatically know the strength of their life force as if they had cast Deathwatch.

Saves: Unchanged.

Abilities: Same as the base creature, except that the Apparition has no Constitution score, and its Charisma score increases by +4.

Skills: Apparitions have a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats: Unchanged.

Environment:
    Any, often as base creature.

Organization: Solitary, gang (2-4), or mob (7-12).

Challenge Rating: +2

Treasure: None

Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil.

Advancement:
    May be advanced up to 14 Hit Dice.

Level Adjustment: +5
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #1369

I like your wolf thing, especially since in the folklore of my general area the „evil human dons a wolf pelt and becomes an evil wolf” kind of lycanthropy (which usually comes with a fiendish patron) is a lot more prominent than the sob story contagious full moon werewolf.
    Accordingly, however, I'd say the lycanthropy special ability and the DR/silver doesn't really fit the critter thematically, since it's explicitly not that kind of werewolf.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

It's not really mine. The whole evil minions convention schtick is just an amusing wraparound for a bunch of critters I'm converting from 2e. Old stuff that never made it to 3rd edition. I'm gearing up for some 5e stuff too.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #1371

I see. The lycanthropy thing still doesn't feel right, though.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

I has updated the list on the front page. Even with my decreased output that was a lot of critters to add. I'm thinking of doing some 5e stuff shortly. If I do, what would u guys like to see?
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

Thunder Children
    Small Elemental (Air)
    Hit Dice: 7d8 (31 hp)
    Initiative: +7
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), Fly 40 ft. (Perfect)
    Armor Class: 22 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +8 Natural), touch 14, flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+1
    Attack: Bite +9 melee (1d6 plus 2d6 electricity)
    Full Attack: Bite +9 melee (d6 plus 2d6 electricity)
    Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities, Bite of Lightning, Terror
    Special Qualities: DR 10/Magic, Sense Fear, 120 ft. Enhanced Darkvision, Immune to Fear Effects
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 11
    Skills: Hide +11, Intimidate +11, Listen +5, Move Silently +10, Spot +5
    Feats: Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
    Environment: Temperate Mountains
    Organization: Solitary, Pair or Group (3-6)
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: 8-10 HD (Small), 11-21 HD (Medium)

"I remember these things from when I was a kid. How'd you get them to agree to be guards?"

"When yer food is other gentlebeings fears yer not picky 'bout jobs that let you get yer grub on."

Thunder children, also known as storm children, night rattlers, and lightning kin, are mischievous, malicious creatures that come out to "play" during violent thunderstorms, especially at night. And by play, we mean 'feed'.

These "children" are shiny black, gaunt humanoids, with slender limbs and vestigial wings. Their faces are human, though they have tiny horns on their temples and pointed ears. Thunder children have pupil-less eyes that flash like lightning.

Thunder children have their own language, which consists of crackles, howls, and booms. Many also speak Common, and are experts at mimicking normal sounds such as squeaking doors, heavy footfalls. and the like.

They live in clouds in a manner similar to Storm Giants (who consider them vermin). Thunder Children feed on the fear of those they encounter, often frightening them to death.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): Thunder Children may cast the following Spell-like Abilities as a 7th Level Sorcerer up to 7/Day: Chain Lightning, Darkness, Fog Cloud, Gust of Wind. They may use Gaseous Form at will.

Bite of Lightning (Su): Thunder Childrens Bite attacks do an additional 2d6 Electricity damage.

Terror (Su): If the Thunder Child successfully Demoralizes an opponent via the Intimidate Skill, it also takes a point of temporary Wisdom damage. This is how they 'feed'.

Sense Fear (Su): Thunder Children effectively have a limited form of Blindsight out to a range of 120 ft., but it can only sense beings under the affect of a Fear Effect.

Skills: Thunder Children gain a +4 Racial Bonus on Hide, Intimidate and Move Silently Checks.

Combat: Thunder Children initially try frightening people to feed on their emotions, after which they generally flee, fighting only if they cannot run.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

Guardian Yugoloth, Least
    Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Yugoloth)
    Hit Dice: 6d8+24 (51 hp)
    Initiative: +4
    Armor Class: 17 (+7 Natural), touch 10, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+10
    Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d4+4)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +10 melee (1d4+4) and 1 Bite +5 melee (1d6+2)
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon
    Special Qualities: Yugoloth traits, Immunities, Polyglot, Tied to Area
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 19, Dex 10, Con 19, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14
    Skills: Bluff +8, Concentration +10, Diplomacy +8, Hide +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Arcana) +6, Knowledge (the Planes) +6, Listen +11, Search +8, Sense Motive +11, Spot +11
    Feats: Ability Focus (Breath Weapon), Alertness, Improved Initiative
    Environment: Any (Gehenna)
    Organization: Solitary
    Treasure: Standard (but see below)
    Advancement: 7-9 HD (Medium), 10-18 HD (Large)

"Does no one ever learn that you always get burned with Fiends?"

"These ain't Devils. They're magical talkin' bears."

"Oh we have bad news for you sunshine."

Least Yugoloths are hairy humanoids with taloned hands and horned, frog-like heads. Guardian Yugoloths are on punishment, loaned out on assignment to mortals as guards. It's kind of a boring existence when adventurers aren't around, and they hate it.

Breath Weapon (Su): 3/day the Yugoloth can breathe a 30 ft. Cone of fire doing 3d6 fire damage. Opponents can make a DC 19 Reflex Save to only take half damage.

Immunities: Guardians are immune to Acid, Poison, Polymorph and Mind-Affecting Effects. Least Yugoloths are also immune to one of the following types of damage: Bludgeoning, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Piercing, Slashing or Sonic.

Polyglot (Ex): Guardian Yugoloths speak and understand all languages.

Tied to Area (Su): Guardian Yugoloths cannot move more than 270 feet from the location they have been set to guard. If they try they are teleported back to a random location within their assignment.

Combat: Guardian Yugoloths open up with their fire unless it would damage their charge. In that case they wade in and begin swinging after sounding the alarm.

Guardian Yugoloth, Lesser
    Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Yugoloth)
    Hit Dice: 8d8+32 (68 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Armor Class: 20 (+1 Dex, +9 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+14
    Attack: Claw +14 melee (1d6+6)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +14 melee (1d6+6) and 1 Bite +9 melee (1d8+3)
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon
    Special Qualities: Yugoloth traits, Immunities, DR 10/Magic, Polyglot, Tied to Area
    Saves: Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 12, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 14
    Skills: Bluff +10, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +10, Hide +9, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (the Planes) +9, Listen +14, Search +9, Sense Motive +11, Spot +14
    Feats: Ability Focus (Breath Weapon), Alertness, Improved Initiative
    Challenge Rating: 6
    Advancement: 9-12 HD (Medium), 13-24 HD (Large)

Lesser Yugoloths are hairy humanoids with taloned hands and horned, ape or boar-like heads.

Breath Weapon (Su): 3/day the Yugoloth can breathe a 30 ft. Cone of fire doing 5d6 fire damage. Opponents can make a DC 20 Reflex Save to only take half damage.

Immunities: Guardians are immune to Acid, Poison, Polymorph and Mind-Affecting Effects. Lesser Yugoloths are also immune to one of the following types of damage: Bludgeoning, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Piercing, Slashing or Sonic.

Tied to Area (Su): Guardian Yugoloths cannot move more than 270 feet from the location they have been set to guard. If they try they are teleported back to a random location within their assignment.

Combat: Guardian Yugoloths open up with their fire unless it would damage their charge. In that case they wade in and begin swinging after sounding the alarm.

Guardian Yugoloth, Greater
    Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Yugoloth)
    Hit Dice: 10d8+40 (85 hp)
    Initiative: +6
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Fly 30 ft. (Clumsy)
    Armor Class: 22 (-1 Size, +2 Dex, +11 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 20
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+24
    Attack: Claw +19 melee (1d8+10)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +19 melee (1d8+10) and 1 Bite +14 melee (2d6+5)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Suggestion
    Special Qualities: Yugoloth traits, Immunities, DR 10/Magic, SR x, Polyglot, Tied to Area
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +13
    Abilities: Str 30, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 16
    Skills: Bluff +13, Concentration +14, Diplomacy +13, Hide +12, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +12, Knowledge (the Planes) +12, Listen +14, Search +12, Sense Motive +12, Spot +14
    Feats: Ability Focus (Breath Weapon), Alertness, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Advancement: 11-15 HD (Medium), 16-30 HD (Large)

Greater Guardian Yugoloths are large bears with batlike wings, taloned hands and ram's horns.

Breath Weapon (Su): 3/day the Yugoloth can breathe a 30 ft. Cone of fire doing 7d6 fire damage. Opponents can make a DC 21 Reflex Save to only take half damage.

Suggestion (Sp): Greater Guardian Yugoloths may cast Suggestion at will as a Spell-Like Ability a Swift Action.

Immunities: Guardians are immune to Acid, Poison, Polymorph and Mind-Affecting Effects. Greater Yugoloths are also immune to two of the following types of damage: Bludgeoning, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Piercing, Slashing or Sonic.

Combat: Guardian Yugoloths open up with their fire unless it would damage their charge. In that case they wade in and begin swinging after sounding the alarm. Greater Guardians also rely on their Suggestion ability to create issues.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Haunt

"Don't these things possess people for their own purposes?"

"Lies! We have never taken people against their will!"

"We?"

"Dammit I'm made again!"

Haunt is an acquired template that can be added to any aberration, giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid. The creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature) must have a Charisma score of at least 6.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate the creature’s base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. It gains the incorporeal subtype. Size is unchanged.

Speed: Ghosts have a fly speed of 30 feet, unless the base creature has a higher fly speed, with perfect maneuverability.

Armor Class:
    Natural armor is the same as the base creature’s but applies only to ethereal encounters. When the ghost manifests (see below), its natural armor bonus is +0, but it gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier or +1, whichever is higher.

Attacks: A ghost retains all the attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect creatures that are not ethereal.

Damage: Against ethereal creatures, a ghost uses the base creature’s damage values. Against nonethereal creatures, the ghost usually cannot deal physical damage at all but can use its special attacks, if any, when it manifests (see below).

Special Attacks: A Haunt retains all the special attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect nonethereal creatures. The Haunt also gains the following special attacks as described below. The save DC against a special attack is equal to 10 + ½ ghost’s HD + Haunt’s Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Draining Touch (Su): A Haunt that hits a living target with its incorporeal touch attack drains 1d4 points from it's opponents Dexterity. On each such successful attack, the Haunt heals 5 points of damage to itself. Against ethereal opponents, it adds its Strength modifier to attack rolls only. Against nonethereal opponents, it adds its Dexterity modifier to attack rolls only.

Malevolence (Su): Once it's Draining Touch reduces an opponents Dex to 0 or less, an ethereal Haunt can merge its body with a creature on the Material Plane as a Free Action. This ability is similar to a magic jar spell (caster level 10th or the Haunt’s Hit Dice, whichever is higher), except that it does not require a receptacle. To use this ability, the Haunt must be manifested and it must try move into the target’s space; moving into the target’s space to use the malevolence ability does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Manifestation (Su): Every Haunt has this ability. A Haunt dwells on the Ethereal Plane and, as an ethereal creature, it cannot affect or be affected by anything in the material world. When a Haunt manifests, it partly enters the Material Plane and becomes visible but incorporeal on the Material Plane. A manifested Haunt can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, silver or magic weapons, or spells, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. A manifested Haunt can pass through solid objects at will, and its own attacks pass through armor. A manifested Haunt always moves silently. A manifested Haunt can strike with its touch attack. A manifested Haunt remains partially on the Ethereal Plane, where is it not incorporeal. A manifested Haunt can be attacked by opponents on either the Material Plane or the Ethereal Plane. The Haunt’s incorporeality helps protect it from foes on the Material Plane, but not from foes on the Ethereal Plane.

When a spellcasting Haunt is not manifested and is on the Ethereal Plane, its spells cannot affect targets on the Material Plane, but they work normally against ethereal targets. When a spellcasting Haunt manifests, its spells continue to affect ethereal targets and can affect targets on the Material Plane normally unless the spells rely on touch. A manifested Haunt’s touch spells don’t work on nonethereal targets.

A Haunt has two home planes, the Material Plane and the Ethereal Plane. It is not considered extraplanar when on either of these planes.

Special Qualities: A Haunt has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Rejuvenation (Su): In most cases, it’s difficult to destroy a Haunt through simple combat: The "destroyed" spirit will often restore itself in 2d4 days. Even the most powerful spells are usually only temporary solutions. A Haunt that would otherwise be destroyed returns to the area of it's death with a successful level check (1d20 + Haunt's HD) against DC 16. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a Haunt is to let it achieve it's goals.

Turn Immunity (Ex): Haunts cannot be Turned or Rebuked.

Tied to Area (Ex): Unless it has possessed a body a Haunt cannot move further than 60 yards from where it died. If it's possessed body is destroyed, it cannot then move more than 60 yards from that location.

Fire Vulnerability: Despite being incorporeal, Haunts take full damage from fire

Abilities: Same as the base creature, except that the ghost has no Constitution score, and its Charisma score increases by +4.

Skills: Ghosts have a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats:
    Unchanged.

Environment: Any, often as base creature.

Organization:
    Solitary.

Treasure: None.

Alignment: Any.

Advancement: Unchanged.

Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Poltergeist

"Don't Poltergeists hate the living?"

"Makes 'em perfect Evil Minions."

"Yeah, unless you happen to be the living."

Poltergeist is an acquired template that can be added to any giant, or humanoid. The creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature) must have a Charisma score of at least 6.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate the creature’s base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. It gains the incorporeal subtype. Size is unchanged.

Speed: Ghosts have a fly speed of 30 feet, unless the base creature has a higher fly speed, with perfect maneuverability.

Armor Class: Natural armor is the same as the base creature’s but applies only to ethereal encounters. When the ghost manifests (see below), its natural armor bonus is +0, but it gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier or +1, whichever is higher.

Attacks: A ghost retains all the attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect creatures that are not ethereal.

Damage: Against ethereal creatures, a ghost uses the base creature’s damage values. Against nonethereal creatures, the ghost usually cannot deal physical damage at all but can use its special attacks, if any, when it manifests (see below).

Special Attacks: A Poltergeist retains all the special attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect nonethereal creatures. The Poltergeist also gains the following special attacks as described below. The save DC against a special attack is equal to 10 + ½ Poltergeists HD + Poltergeists Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Manifestation (Su): Every Poltergeist has this ability. A Poltergeist dwells on the Ethereal Plane and, as an ethereal creature, it cannot affect or be affected by anything in the material world. When a Poltergeist manifests, it partly enters the Material Plane and becomes visible but incorporeal on the Material Plane. A manifested Poltergeist can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, silver or magic weapons, or spells, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. A manifested Poltergeist can pass through solid objects at will, and its own attacks pass through armor. A manifested Poltergeist always moves silently. A manifested Poltergeist can strike with its special attacks. A manifested Poltergeist remains partially on the Ethereal Plane, where is it not incorporeal. A manifested Poltergeist can be attacked by opponents on either the Material Plane or the Ethereal Plane. The Poltergeists incorporeality helps protect it from foes on the Material Plane, but not from foes on the Ethereal Plane.

When a spellcasting Poltergeist is not manifested and is on the Ethereal Plane, its spells cannot affect targets on the Material Plane, but they work normally against ethereal targets. When a spellcasting Poltergeist manifests, its spells continue to affect ethereal targets and can affect targets on the Material Plane normally unless the spells rely on touch. A manifested Poltergeists touch spells don’t work on nonethereal targets.

A Poltergeist has two home planes, the Material Plane and the Ethereal Plane. It is not considered extraplanar when on either of these planes.

Telekinesis (Su): The Poltergeist can cause a terrifying near miss with a telekinetically thrown object as a as a standard action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. Alternatively the Poltergeist can use this as the Telekinesis spell as a standard action (caster level 12th or equal to the ghost’s HD, whichever is higher). When a Poltergeist uses this power, it must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again.

Special Qualities: A Poltergeist has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Turn Resistance (Ex): Poltergeists gain +2 Turn Resistance.

Greater Invisibility (Su): A Poltergeist remains invisible even when it attacks. This ability is constant, but the Poltergeist can suppress or resume it as a free action.

Abilities: Same as the base creature, except that the ghost has no Constitution score, it's Intelligence score drops by -4, and its Charisma score increases by +4.

Skills: Ghosts have a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats:
    Unchanged.

Alignment: Always Lawful Evil.

Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Poltergeist

"Don't Poltergeists hate the living?"

"Makes 'em perfect Evil Minions."

"Yeah, unless you happen to be the living."

Poltergeist is an acquired template that can be added to any giant, or humanoid. The creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature) must have a Charisma score of at least 6.

Armor Class: Natural armor is the same as the base creature’s but applies only to ethereal encounters. When the ghost manifests (see below), its natural armor bonus is +0, but it gains a deflection bonus equal to its Charisma modifier or +1, whichever is higher.

Special Attacks: A Poltergeist retains all the special attacks of the base creature, although those relying on physical contact do not affect nonethereal creatures. The Poltergeist also gains the following special attacks as described below. The save DC against a special attack is equal to 10 + ½ Poltergeists HD + Poltergeists Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Manifestation (Su): Every Poltergeist has this ability. A Poltergeist dwells on the Ethereal Plane and, as an ethereal creature, it cannot affect or be affected by anything in the material world. When a Poltergeist manifests, it partly enters the Material Plane and becomes visible but incorporeal on the Material Plane. A manifested Poltergeist can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, silver or magic weapons, or spells, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. A manifested Poltergeist can pass through solid objects at will, and its own attacks pass through armor. A manifested Poltergeist always moves silently. A manifested Poltergeist can strike with its special attacks. A manifested Poltergeist remains partially on the Ethereal Plane, where is it not incorporeal. A manifested Poltergeist can be attacked by opponents on either the Material Plane or the Ethereal Plane. The Poltergeists incorporeality helps protect it from foes on the Material Plane, but not from foes on the Ethereal Plane.

When a spellcasting Poltergeist is not manifested and is on the Ethereal Plane, its spells cannot affect targets on the Material Plane, but they work normally against ethereal targets. When a spellcasting Poltergeist manifests, its spells continue to affect ethereal targets and can affect targets on the Material Plane normally unless the spells rely on touch. A manifested Poltergeists touch spells don’t work on nonethereal targets.

A Poltergeist has two home planes, the Material Plane and the Ethereal Plane. It is not considered extraplanar when on either of these planes.

Telekinesis (Su): The Poltergeist can cause a terrifying near miss with a telekinetically thrown object as a as a standard action. All living creatures within a 30-foot spread must succeed on a Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. Alternatively the Poltergeist can use this as the Telekinesis spell as a standard action (caster level 12th or equal to the ghost’s HD, whichever is higher). When a Poltergeist uses this power, it must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again.

Special Qualities: A Poltergeist has all the special qualities of the base creature as well as those described below.

Turn Resistance (Ex): Poltergeists gain +2 Turn Resistance.

Greater Invisibility (Su): A Poltergeist remains invisible even when it attacks. This ability is constant, but the Poltergeist can suppress or resume it as a free action.

Abilities: Same as the base creature, except that the ghost has no Constitution score, it's Intelligence score drops by -4, and its Charisma score increases by +4.

Feats:
    Unchanged.

Alignment: Always Lawful Evil.

Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Blazing Bones

"Dead Wizards are better off left dead."

"I don't raise 'em, I just sell 'em."

"We heard that!"

"Awkward."

Blazing Bones is an Acquired Template that can be applied to any dead spellcaster who has the Contingency spell prepared and who then dies by Fire damage.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. It retains any subtype except for alignment subtypes (such as good) and subtypes that indicate kind. It does not gain the augmented subtype.

Hit Dice: Drop any Hit Dice gained from class levels (to a minimum of 5) and raise remaining Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed: Unchanged.

Armor Class: Natural Armor Bonus increases by +5.

Attacks: A Blazing Bones retains all the natural weapons, manufactured weapon attacks, and weapon proficiencies of the base creature, except for attacks that can’t work without flesh. A creature with hands gains one claw attack per hand; the Blazing Bones can strike with each of its claw attacks at its full attack bonus.

Damage: Natural and manufactured weapons deal damage normally. A claw attack deals damage depending on the Blazing Bones size: Diminutive or Fine (1 point), Tiny (1d2), Small (1d3), Medium (1d4), Large (1d6), Huge (1d8), Gargantuan (2d6), Colossal (2d8),

Special Attacks: A Blazing Bones retains none of the base creature’s special attacks. It also gains the following:

Fiery Hands (Su): The Blazing Bones Claw Attack does an additional +1d4 Fire damage.

Hurl Fire (Su): In place of one of it's Claw attacks the Blazing Bones can hurl a bolt of Fire as a Standard Action within 20 feet. It does 2d6 Fire damage and automatically ignites flammable objects or structures.

Firestorm (Su): As a Full Round Action the Blazing Bones can unleash a huge burst of flame centered on it's square, and reaching out to 30 feet away from it. Creatures within this area take 6d6 Fire damage, but get a Reflex Save for 1/2 damage (Save DC is based on the primary casting ability the Blazing Bones had in life). If the Blazing Bones is Grappling it's victim when it uses this Ability, the victim gets no Save. The Blazing Bones can use this ability once every 1d4 Rounds.

Special Qualities: A Blazing Bones loses most special qualities of the base creature. It retains any extraordinary special qualities that improve its melee or ranged attacks. A Blazing Bones gains the following special qualities:

Fire Absorption (Ex): A Blazing Bones converts all Fire damage to hit points. For example if it takes 5 Fire damage, it instead it heals 5 hit points. Every 8 hit points it heals in this manner increases it's Hit Dice by 1 for purposes of determining it's Base Attack Bonus and Base Saving Throws (and potential Save DC's of Abilities). This lasts until the end of the encounter.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A Blazing Bones has +2 Turn Resistance.

Damage Reduction (Ex): A Blazing Bones has damage deduction 5/bludgeoning.

Water Vulnerability: A Blazing Bones takes 2d4 damage from a bucket of water, or 4d4 damage from a vial of Holy Water.

Abilities:
    A Blazing Bone’s Dexterity increases by +2, it has no Constitution score.

Skills: Unchanged.

Environment: Any, usually same as base creature.

Organization: Solitary.

Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil.

Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Sandman
    Medium Elemental (Earth, Extraplanar)
    Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 Natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
    Attack: Touch +6 melee touch (sleep)
    Full Attack: Touch +6 melee touch (sleep)
    Special Attacks: Sleep
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Elemental traits, SR x, Missile Resistance
    Saves: Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 12
    Skills: Hide +3 (+11 in sand), Knowledge (The Planes) +5, Listen +7, Move Silently +3, Spot +6
    Feats: Ability Focus (Sleep), Stealthy
    Environment: Warm Desert
    Organization: Solitary, company (2-4), or band (6-15)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Alignment: Neutrsl Evil
    Advancement: 5-8 HD (Medium)

"So basically, you're a scumbag who employs elemental scumbags to steal people?"

"You know I'm a Genie right?"

"So yer a scumbag Genie. Big whoop,"

Sandmen are humanoid elementals composed of sand enslaved by the Dao. They are sent by their masters to fetch slaves.

Sleep (Su): Any living being within 20 feet of a Sandman must make a DC 15 Willpower Save (Save DC is Charisma based), or fall asleep as per the Sleep spell (unlike the spell there is no HD limit). Any living being touching, or being touched by, a Sandman must make a Saving Throw as well..

Missile Resistance (Ex): Sandmen have DR 10/Magic against ranged weapons.

Skills: Sandmen have a +8 Racial Bonus to Hide Checks in sand.

Combat: Sandmen rely on their Sleep ability, and flee if it isn't effective.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

Lich, Psionic

"Liches aren't traditionally Minions."

"No worries, he's magically restrained."

"RELEASE ME OR EVERYONE BURNS!!"

Psionic Lich is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid creature (referred to hereafter as the base creature), provided it can create the required phylactery.

Size and Type: The creature’s type changes to undead. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d12s.

Speed: Unchanged.

Armor Class:
    A lich has a +5 natural armor bonus or the base creature’s natural armor bonus, whichever is better.

Attacks: A lich has a touch attack that it can use once per round. If the base creature can use weapons, the lich retains this ability. A creature with natural weapons retains those natural weapons. A lich fighting without weapons uses either its touch attack or its primary natural weapon (if it has any). A lich armed with a weapon uses its touch or a weapon, as it desires. During a Full Attack the Lich can make a weapon attack, with the touch attack as a Secondary attack.

Damage: Unchanged (but see below).

Special Attacks: A Lich retains all the base creature’s special attacks and gains those described below. Save DCs are equal to 10 + ½ Lich’s HD + Lich’s Cha modifier unless otherwise noted.

Fear Aura (Su): Liches are shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. Creatures of less than 5 HD in a 60-foot radius that look at the lich must succeed on a Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell from a sorcerer of the lich’s level. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same lich’s aura for 24 hours.

Power Draining Touch (Su): Any living creature a lich hits with its touch attack takes 1d8 negative energy damage, and if it is psionic it must make a Fortitude Save or temporarily lose Power Points equal to the damage done (these Power Points recover normally).

Psionics: A lich can Manifest any Powers it could manifest while alive.

Special Qualities: A Lich retains all the base creature’s special qualities and gains those described below.

Turn Resistance (Ex): A Lich has +4 turn resistance.

Damage Reduction (Su): A Lich’s undead body is tough, giving the creature damage reduction 15/bludgeoning and magic. Its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Immunities (Ex): Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), and mind-affecting attacks.

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +2. Being undead, a lich has no Constitution score.

Skills: Liches have a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.

Environment: Any

Organization: Solitary or troupe (1 lich, plus 2-4 Spectral Savants and 5-8 CR 4 minions).

Challenge Rating: ++2

Treasure: Standard coins; double goods; double items.

Alignment: Any Evil.

Advancement: By character class.

Orcs and Goblins