New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Eldritch Disciple without the Cleric? or How do I make a healing Warlock?

Just what the title says. I'm looking for a way to add healing capability to the Warlock class without having to create wands of CLW.

So far all I can find is the Eldritch Disciple which requires the ability to cast 2nd level divine spells and the turn/rebuke undead class feature in addition to the warlock requirements.

- Aerlock

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Eldritch Disciple without the Cleric? or How do I make a healing Warlock?

What sort of healing are you looking for?

Out of combat healing which is usually weak, but efficient castings that can be done over time?

Or in-combat healing, like a Heal spell?

If the former, you can get turning ability from a PrC, and you can go down the Sacred Healing feat line to convert turn uses to group healing. A good Charisma from warlock should help with that. Or make Belts of Healing instead of wands...

I can't think off-hand on how to get big heals with a warlock (I'm playing 4e these days).
    Read my D&D Webcomic!
    Epic Fantasy Comedy. Familiar Point of View.
    www.familiar-ground.com

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eldritch Disciple without the Cleric? or How do I make a healing Warlock?

Well, there's always Ur-Priest...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm looking more for emergency/in combat, healing in case the group healer is down/busy and someone needs a heal instead of out of combat healing. I would like to avoid relying on items and/or have it tied to the warlocks eldritch blast ability like the Eldritch Disciple does.

- Aerlock

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Ur-Priest really is a pretty efficient way of doing this. However, if you want to avoid actual spellcasting like the plague...for emergency healing there really aren't a lot of options besides exploiting your Use Magic Device.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

IIRC, there is a PrC for Good Warlocks that gives flight and can use EB to heal. Can't remember the name of it.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That'd be the Eldritch Disciple, I think.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    That'd be the Eldritch Disciple, I think.
    He's thinking about Enlightened Spirit. They eventually get a dispel magic ability that heals allies, but since they can't use it on their own invocations it's not something you can rely on in a tight spot.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

You could go Bard/Warlock/Eldritch Theurge...but your healing is going to be fairly limited.