Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Heil Dictionary!

If no one steps up to the plate on Dream Larva, I might try making one myself. Not sure how good it would be, but...
    it dosent really matter if it's not good, if we(the thread people) find something that isnt good. We will tell you and we will give you some suggestion to improve.

Also i think the goristro is done. please point out mistaques and If you want to grammar edit them your self then quote it and make the nessesary adjustements.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-01 at 08:10 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

As I said, at the end of the first thread.

And it's all well and good to ask people to clean up their grammar & spelling, but often people write the way they do because they've either got English as a foreign language or have some form of problem with words (dylexia, etc). Especially on a multi-national board such as this.

Also, isn't the aim of language to communicate? So as long as you can understand what the meaning is, it doesn't really matter. I'm as much of a grammar nazi as the next internet user but I, myself, quite often use poor grammar and punctuation simply because I'm lazy or mis-type or whatever, yet people still understand it.

I realise thsi is all pretty aimless rambling, but what I'm trying to say is that having a rule that essentially says "Grammar or GTFO" is pretty uppity of you. Grammar and punctuation isn't a sign of intelligence, it's a sign of perfectionism. Some of the most intelligent people I know have the most atrocious writing habits.

[/Aimless ramble]
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

3. - Top - End - #33

I never disputed that. I don't doubt that intelligence is in no way related to grammar and spelling, especially on the internet. And yes, perhaps it is perfectionism, but I don't consider it wrong to want everything to be clean and clear. That doesn't say ANYTHING bad about the person making the errors, anything at all. Correcting errors doesn't mean that I think any less of the person, only that I wish they could communicate their meaning with somewhat more clarity.

On a more on-topic note, I'm trying to think of abilities for the Dream Larva. The Oneiromancy spells immediately rise to mind but I'm trying to consider some unique abilities for it. If anyone has suggestions that would be great. Right now I'm just fiddling around with my thoughts while I wait to see if someone else picks it up.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-01 at 08:37 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, just the 2am ramblings of a tired Niezck.

It just annoys me when people relate typing to intelligence.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

5. - Top - End - #35

I think it is less a matter of showing intelligence, and more a matter of being considerate to others. This topic is intended as a public archive or sorts, and proper spelling and grammar simply makes it far easier for us all to read and access it.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

6. - Top - End - #36

waiting for Gorgondantess to say the ok for the goristro.But what should be my new project after this?
    a yeti, no explanation needed(frostburn) or a CHRONOTYRYN, a large bird creature that has hands and they are spellcasters(fiend folio)?

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Ehehm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    One new rule: please, please, please use proper spelling & punctuation. It makes things easier on all of us. Thank you.
    Note: if I'm being a grammar nazi, please tell me, and I'll stop.
    As Niezck iterated, of course if someone doesn't have english as a primary language or dyslexia, that's all fine. Still, I've met people who are stubbornly lazy with their misspellings/errors, and that just annoys me. As sciencepanda said, this is a public archive, and proper spelling and punctuation just make everything easier on everybody.
    Also: I never said bad typing makes you unintelligent, I said it makes you look unintelligent. Big difference.

I'll do the Goristro in a different post.

Magicyop: I strongly advise you try something other than the dream larva for your first monster. A 13 level monster is hard- a 20 level monster can be insanity inducing.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-01 at 08:49 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Goristro: First we'll tackle the abilities, shall we?
    For the slams, make the "counts as 2 handed weapon" a separate ability. Probably a later level one- somewhere in 10th-13th. That is extremely powerful, especially for an ubercharger. Adding 2H power attack once is great- twice is just silly. In fact, make that a capstone.
    Natural armor is always, always, always under "X Body".
    I advise merge Spell Resistance & Damage Reduction into one ability and call it "Resistance". Or something creative if you feel up to it.
    As for growth, I advise you say that once it's reached gargantuan size, once it's reached 20 HD, it advances all the way to colossal. This thing's schtick is that it's really big, so it's really big! Awesome!
    You don't state the effects of trample when the goristro tramples an enemy.
    See invisibility looks good.
    Stomp is just kindof silly, and it can mess up your allies (in fact, it will probably mess up your allies). I advise you do something like... as a standard action, the goristro slams its foot into the ground & deals slam damage to all within 10': any damaged, you get a free trip attempt against.
    Roar is too powerful: 1d6 sonic damage per HD is more powerful than most spells. I'd advise you reduce it to 1d6 per 2 HD, and specify it as a standard action, or 1d6 per 3 HD and make it a swift action.
    Either way? Put a cap on uses. Probably once per day per 3 HD. Meanwhile, if you take my suggestion on stomp, remove the use cap.

Otherwise, it could use some... pizzaz. Make it worth 13 levels, y'know? That's up to you, though if you really need a suggestion, I'm sure the rest of the group would be willing, and if they aren't, I do have a few ideas you could use.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-01 at 09:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Yeti

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|
    |
    |
    |
    |+1 Str,+1 Con,Yeti Body

2nd|
    |
    |
    |
    |1Str, Cold comfort

3rd|
    |
    |
    |
    |+1Str,+1 Con, Growth, Natural armor[/table]

Spoiler
    Show
    Hd=D10

Skills 2+int modifier, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are Climb, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move silently, Spot and Survivial.

Yeti Body At 1st level a yeti loses all racial bonus it had and gains monsterous humanoid(cold) traits. He's a medium humanoid with base speed 40ft. The yeti gains a hide bonus equal to his HD in snowy weather. He also gains the Snowsight ability that allows him to ignoresall penalties due to snow glare and snow blindness

Cold Comfort: At second level, the Yeti gains a resistance to cold equal to double his HD, but takes 1 extra damage for every HD whenever he takes fire damage. The Yeti is comfortable in cold climates and ignores any penalties or damage from cold weather, slippery ground and cold weather effects (snowfall, hail, sleet).
    At 8HD, the Yeti is instead immune to cold and is vulnerable to fire

Growth At 4th lv a yeti grows to large size

Natural armor: A yeti gains natural armor equal to his con modifier

comments?
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-01 at 09:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoah, whoah, finish the first one before you start on the second! Otherwise, it seems you've lost sight of our goal here:
    Why do we make these classes? It's not to translate various monsters into a class-template. It's not just to remove LA/RHD. It's to make them damn fun to play, more so than the utter failures WotC made (okay, bards are pretty cool.)

The Yeti? Honestly, it's pretty boring. All vanilla, nothing unique, nothing but natural weapons to make it fun in melee. We'll get back to it later, but I just wanted to say that for now.

11. - Top - End - #41

when you said
    i'll do goristro in a diffrent post
    i though that you were going to do it, i'll put the yeti aside for a bit and i'll finsh the gorsitro

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Whoa whoa whoa! What the crap, man? I just need a minute to absorb all this... *phew* Guess I'm gonna' have to drop my print-out of Descent of Shadows and make that second monster book double-time. But let's not dwell on the past; onward and upwards! Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens! And with that, I have a request.

There's not nearly enough tentacley goodness here. How about a Pseudonatural PrC/Template? The Lords of Madness version, not the Instant-Great-Old-One version from Epic Level Handbook.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    when you said i though that you were going to do it, i'll put the yeti aside for a bit and i'll finsh the gorsitro
    Oh. I meant I critiqued it. No, I'll only do a class if you ask me to- just taking it out from under you would be a jackass thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa! What the crap, man? I just need a minute to absorb all this... *phew* Guess I'm gonna' have to drop my print-out of Descent of Shadows and make that second monster book double-time. But let's not dwell on the past; onward and upwards! Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens! And with that, I have a request.

There's not nearly enough tentacley goodness here. How about a Pseudonatural PrC/Template? The Lords of Madness version, not the Instant-Great-Old-One version from Epic Level Handbook.
    Heh, thanks. I call dibs on pseudonatural template.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-01 at 09:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

did the one who's name must not be written do that?(starts with a O)

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

did the one who's name must not be written do that?(starts with a O)
    Yes, my predecessor did, in fact, do that. Or at least a variation on it. It's why I left the original thread.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to join in on Critique basis for now. Don't have enough time to make any more monsters right now.

Out of curiosity, If I were to do any more planar dragons could I give them spellcasting ability? Whenever I think dragon I think highly intelligent and able to cast spells. I'd even be willing to do two separate versions, one where they have it and one where they don't, if necessary.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I'm going to join in on Critique basis for now. Don't have enough time to make any more monsters right now.

Out of curiosity, If I were to do any more planar dragons could I give them spellcasting ability? Whenever I think dragon I think highly intelligent and able to cast spells. I'd even be willing to do two separate versions, one where they have it and one where they don't, if necessary.
    Yeah, that's fine. Perfectly fine.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's fine. Perfectly fine.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Yes, it means much more to me than it should.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-01 at 09:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Yes, it means much more to me than it should.
    I do what I can.

20. - Top - End - #50

All hail. The new great and kind leader: Gorgondantess
    *people start cheering and claping*

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

I noticed on the list of done monsters, there is fire, earth, and air elemental...but no water elemental.
    Anyone want to try?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I noticed on the list of done monsters, there is fire, earth, and air elemental...but no water elemental.
    Anyone want to try?
    That would be Auston's prerogative: he did the other 3.

23. - Top - End - #53

Gorg should i put the growth(collossal) at 16 HD or at 20 HD?
    is this better for stamp?
    Stomp: 1 time per 3 HD per day, a Goristro can stamp on the floor, it creates a shock wave of 10ft aurond the gorsitro and it damages as much as a slam attack to evirone in the perimeter. If a creaure is hit, they must make a balance check(10+1/2HD+str modifier) or fall down and become prone.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Gorg should i put the growth(collossal) at 16 HD or at 20 HD?
    is this better for stamp?
    Stomp: 1 time per 3 HD per day, a Goristro can stamp on the floor, it creates a shock wave of 10ft aurond the gorsitro and it damages as much as a slam attack to evirone in the perimeter. If a creaure is hit, they must make a balance check(10+1/2HD+str modifier) or fall down and become prone.
    Looks good! Make sure to give a bonus to larger creatures, or better yet, make any creatures the same size or larger than the Goristro immune.
    Colossal at 20.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-01 at 10:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

All hail. The new great and kind leader: Gorgondantess
    *people start cheering and claping*
    I believe you mean GooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooorgondantess!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow... right after I got myself a PS2 (at a bargain price) and bought that game, facing that particular villain no less than a week ago, someone finally sees the subconscious inspiration for my username.
    Bravo, Tyger. Bravo.
    I wasn't actually thinking about that game when I decided on Gorgondantess, but I realized a few months later the 2 names were uncannily similar, so it must've been an inspiration. And you're the first one to see that, after a good 2 years on this site.

27. - Top - End - #57

I believe that you're right

also i made some other adjustements. More comments please

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Wow... right after I got myself a PS2 (at a bargain price) and bought that game, facing that particular villain no less than a week ago, someone finally sees the subconscious inspiration for my username.
    Bravo, Tyger. Bravo.
    I wasn't actually thinking about that game when I decided on Gorgondantess, but I realized a few months later the 2 names were uncannily similar, so it must've been an inspiration. And you're the first one to see that, after a good 2 years on this site.
    First thing I thought of when I saw your name. I'm just that good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

here's my old Styx dragon up for review again. I still feel it's a little too powerful but that's for you guys to decide. I think it's separate enough to warrant a different class from Oslecamo's. The main thing I have a problem with is SLA frequency. I'm not too sure about what the frequency should be. Another thing is, it's arms are vestigial so it can't really cast spells anyway. What should I do about that?

level 13 and 18 look dead but they're new spell levels so I didn't count them.

The Styx dragon Source, Draconomicon.

class
    Spoiler
    Show

{TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+0 |+2 |Stygian Body, Styx adaptation,Arcane blood
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Stygian Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3| Blindsense 60 feet, Strength +1, Constitution +1
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Styx Dragon SLAs, +1 Charisma
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Burrow, improved breath weapon, improved tail blades
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Styx dragon SLAs, +1 Charisma
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5|,Constrict, Improved grapple, diseased tail blades +1 strength, +1 Constitution
    8| +8| +6| +2| +6| Growth, Styx dragon SLAs +1 Charisma
    9| +9| +6|+3 |+6| improved grab +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 | improved breath, Styx dragon SLAs, +1 Charisma
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Stygian Scales Stygian influence
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Frightful presence. Growth, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution,
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| +1 Charisma
    14| +14 | +9| +4| +9|Stupefying breath, +1 strength +1 Constitution
    15| +15 | +9| +5| +9| Disease ascension
    16| +16 | +10| +5| +10| Styx dragon SLAs, +1 Charisma
    17| +17| +10| +5| +10| Stygian bite +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    18| +18| +11| +6| +11| +1 charisma
    19 | +19| +11| +6| +11|Growth, +1 strength, +1 Constitution
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12 |Disease perfection.
    [/table]

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Concentration, climb, jump, spot, listen, appraise, bluff, intimidate, Knowledge(any), spellcraft.

Proficiencies
    : a Styx dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons

Stygian Body: The Styx dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, Bite 1d8 damage, 2 tail blades for 1d8 damage each, (They are secondary attacks and both are seperate attacks) a 40 foot base land speed which starts increasing by 10 every hit dice after its fourth and medium size. In addition, the Styx dragon gains a swim speed that remains equal to the base land speed (So at tenth level, both its land and swim speed will be 100 feet) The tail blades only add your strength modifier to damage until level 5 at which point it becomes 1 and a half strength modifier

The Styx dragon's arms are vestigial and cannot be used for any purpose.

The Styx dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Constitution modifier. Whenever the Styx dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

Styx Adaptation:Ex The Styx dragon has complete immunity to poisons and diseases, magic or mundane. In addition, the dragon can breathe in water, Is not hampered in combat by being in an aquatic environment, and is immune to the harmful effects of the river Styx. Despite being an aquatic creature, it can survive indefinitely upon land and due to its origin it cannot be affected by the disease ascension or disease perfection abilities of other Styx dragons.

Arcane Blood: A Styx dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorcerer and takes his spells known from the sorcerer/wizard spell list.

If it multiclasses as a bard it's spellcasting increases as a bard.
    If it multiclasses as a sorcerer it counts as already having sorcerer casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table.

{table]Dragon level | Virtual sorcerer casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as already having 1 level of sorcerer and gains the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spell knowns from the 1st level of sorcerer He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as having 14 levels of sorcerer(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorcerer gets from level 1 to 13, He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multi-classing to sorcerer

If a dragon takes a casting PRC, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorcerer So a dragon 10/loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorcerer (he would still receive spell slots and spells knowns from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spell knowns from a sorcerer 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Keen Senses:Ex At second level, the Styx dragon's senses become far stronger. The Styx dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet

Stygian Breath:Su At second level the Styx dragon gains a breath weapon. The breath weapon is a 60 foot line dealing 1d6 acid damage/HD, with a reflex save DC of 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier for half and takes 1d4 rounds to recharge. The line increases by 10 feet for every extra hit die the dragon gains. In addition, at 5th level the damaging effects of the line cling to enemies. The next round the acid deals half the damage it dealt the previous round. At tenth level it affects them again dealin one quarter the damage it originally dealt.

Styx dragon SLAs: At 2nd level the Styx dragon can cast curse water/bless water 1/day for each HD, At 6th level he can cast Stinking cloud and deeper darkness 1/day for every 2 HD, at 8th level he can cast contagion and control water 1/day for every 3 HD, at 10th he can cast hold monster mind fog and feeblemind 1/day for every 4 HD and at 16th he can cast Horrid wilting and summon monster 8 1/day for every 5 HD. These spells do not affect the dragon's alignment in any way.

Blindsense:Ex At third level the dragon gains Blindsense as the normal ability, range 60 feet.

Burrow
    At 5th level the Styx dragon gains a burrow speed equal to its base land speed.

Diseased Tail blades:Ex At seventh level anybody who is hit by the tail blades must succeed on a Fortitude save equal to the Dragon's breath weapon save or contract a disease of the player's choice. The player must choose once he gets this ability and the ability cannot be changed after this. There are several diseases on Page 292 of the dungeon master's guide or they can choose Stygian wasting from Draconomicon.

Improved grapple at 7th level the Styx dragon gains the improved grapple feat regardless of whether or not they meet the prerequisites.

Constrict.Ex At seventh level, after the Styx dragon makes a successful grapple check, it can make a constrict attack. The constrict attack deals twice the tail blade's damage as bludgeoning damage.

Growth:
    At 8th level the Dragon grows to large size. At 12th he grows to huge and at 19th he grows to gargantuan. His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Improved Grab:Ex At 9th level the Styx dragon gains the improved grab extraordinary ability. To use this ability a Styx dragon must hit an enemy that is at least one size category smaller than him with his tail blades attack. The dragon can immediately make a Grapple check and if it's successful can use it's constrict ability in the same turn.

Stygian scales:Ex
    At 11th level the Styx dragon gains DR/magic and good equal to half its total HD and SR equal to its total HD plus 11

Stygian influence: Ex After swimming through the river Styx for centuries the planes they swim through have affected the dragon's attacks. At 11th level The Dragon can now bypass any form of damage reduction that can be bypassed by any evil alignment as if their weapons were attuned to that alignment. This does not bypass the need of materials such as silver however.

Frightful Presence:Ex at 12th level the dragon gains frightful presence. ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks or charges. Enemies within a radius of 30 feet ◊ half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + Ĺ dragonís HD + dragonís Charisma modifier) remains immune to that dragonís frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Stupefying breath:Su
    At 14th level the dragon gains an additional breath weapon. The breath is a cone with a radius of 30 feet+5 feet per HD of the dragon and deals 1 intelligence damage for every 4 HD of the dragon. The damage can be halved with an appropriate fortitude save of DC10+Con Mod+Half its HD. The breath weapon recharges in 1d4 rounds.

disease ascension Su: At 15th level, the dragon can now bypass immunity to disease derived from class features (Such as the Paladin's divine health) and any ability not derived from a creature's type. However, Styx dragons cannot affect each other with this ability. In addition, the damage die for both Stygian wasting and devil chills increase by one die size.

Stygian bite At level 17 the Styx Dragon's bite is a weapon to be feared. The Dragon can now channel its Stupefying breath weapon into its bite attack to be used along with it. This still counts as a use of the breath weapon and you must wait 1d4 rounds before using the breath weapon in any way shape or form again. Channeling the breath weapon is a swift action.

Disease perfection Su:
    At 20th level, the Styx dragon's affinity for disease has reached it's peak. From this point on, the dragon's disease based abilities* affect even those normally immune to them. The dragon now bypasses any immunity derived from type, race, class, or anything else besides being a Styx dragon. Styx dragons are still immune to each other's diseases. In addition, anything that is not normally immune to disease receives no save and the saves on the disease are now equal to the save of the dragon's breath weapon.

*The abilities that disease ascension and perfection apply to are the dragon's tail blades, its SLAs, and any spells it can cast due to the class.

In addition to the features described herein, there are new feats to enhance the Styx dragon's disease based abilities. (Credit to Hyudra)

Extraordinary Disease [Monstrous]
    Your disease works in a manner above and beyond that of other creatures of your type.
    Prerequisite: A natural weapon that can transmit disease, 13 Con and 6HD, at least one of which must be a level in a monster class.
    Benefit: Choose one of the following from the list to enhance your poison:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Pathogen: Each time the victim fails a save against the disease (including the initial save to find if the disease was contracted), the DC is increased by +2.
    • Rapid Onset: The Disease now has an incubation period of 1d3 rounds. This may be taken a second time, reducing the incubation period to 1d3-2 rounds.
    • Scourge: The victim must save against the disease twice as often (ie. from every 24 hours to every 12 hours). This option may be taken multiple times, halving the amount of time the victim must save each time it is taken. (from 24 to 12, 12 to 6, 6 to 3, and so on).
    • Fever: Once the poison enters the victim's system, the victim displays a rapidly progressing fever. From the point the victim fails the saving throw up until the time the disease is removed, the victim is Fatigued. Once the disease is incubated, the victim must make a fortitude save on any given hour or Exhausted, instead. (DC is 10 + Ĺ creature's HD + creature's Con)
    • Systemic Shock: When an opponent fails their save against disease, they are immediately sickened. Further, if the disease affects physical stats, the creature must make another fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds, and if the disease affects mental stats, the creature must make a will save or be confused for 2d3 rounds. The DC for both saves isis 10 + Ĺ creature's HD + creature's Con.
      Once the disease has incubated, the victim must save or be nauseated/confused (again, as appropriate to the disease) on any given hour.
    • Miasma: After a disease has finished incubating, a contagious vapor begins leaking out of their nose and mouth to taint the air around them. The disease effectively becomes inhalation and contact based, transmitted with the victim themselves as the origin point. Any infections transmitted in this way have the traits of the original disease, but with only a 50% chance the new victim will also show signs of the miasma.
      1d3 rounds after a victim afflicted with Miasma dies, the miasma begins consuming their body, filling all adjacent squares with the inhaled version of the disease.
    • Blight: The disease becomes potent enough to affect targets that are normally immune, as the individual elements in the disease produce byproducts that consume, occlude or taint even inanimate matter or energies. The Disease can now affect any creature that cannot produce the disease itself, including those creatures that are typically immune or that lack constitution scores. The effects of the poison are halved when affecting such opponents, rounding down. Diseases that would deal Con damage to creatures with no Con score deal Cha damage instead.

Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, choosing a different option each time (or choosing options that specifically allow multiple instances).
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-02 at 01:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Mimic

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Dice: d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+0|+2|+0|+2|Metamorphic Body, Hidden Shape, +1 Con
    2|+1|+3|+0|+3|Mimic Shape, Crush +1 Cha
    3|+2|+3|+1|+3|Adhesive, Acid Immunity +1 Con
    4|+3|+4|+1|+4|Growth, Improved Disguise, +1 Cha[/table]

Class Skills: (8+Int Mod, x4 at first level) Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (Local), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot

Proficiencies: Mimics are proficient with their slam attacks.

Class Features:

Metamorphic Body (Ex): The Mimic looses all previous racial bonuses and gains Aberration traits (Darkvision 60 ft.) It has two natural slam attacks that deal 1d6+str damage.

A Mimic is Medium Sized and vaguely humanoid in it's base form, although it's skin is craggy and inorganic looking, resembling stone or wood.

At 1st level, choose one Humanoid creature of Medium size. The Mimic may take on the appearance of this humanoid at will as an immediate action, although it does not gain any racial bonuses, traits or abilities from this form.

At 4th level, when changing into it's Humanoid form, it may choose to become either Medium or Large size.

Hidden Shape (Ex): A Mimic gains a bonus to Disguise equal to it's HD.

Ability Bonus: A Mimic gains a +1 to Constitution at level 1 and 3, and +1 Charisma at level 2 and 4.

Mimic Shape (Ex):
    A Mimic can assume the general shape of any object that fills roughly 150 cubic feet (5 feet by 5 feet by 6 feet), such as a massive chest, a stout bed, or a wide door frame. The creature cannot substantially alter its size, though. A mimicís body is hard and has a rough texture, no matter what appearance it might present. Anyone who examines the mimic can detect the ruse with a successful Spot check opposed by the mimicís Disguise check.

Crush (Ex): A Mimic deals an additional 1d8+3 damage on a successful grapple check. This improves to 2d8+6 at 11th level.

Adhesive (Ex): A mimic exudes a thick slime that acts as a powerful adhesive, holding fast any creatures or items that touch it. An adhesive-covered mimic automatically grapples any creature it hits with its slam attack. Opponents so grappled cannot get free while the mimic is alive without removing the adhesive first.

A weapon that strikes an adhesive-coated mimic is stuck fast unless the wielder succeeds on a Reflex save. The DC is equal to 10+the Mimic's HD+it's Cha mod. A successful Strength check is needed to pry it off. The DC is also equal to 10+the Mimic's HD+it's Cha mod.

Strong alcohol dissolves the adhesive, but the mimic still can grapple normally. A mimic can dissolve its adhesive at will, and the substance breaks down 5 rounds after the creature dies.

Acid Immunity (Ex): At 3rd level, the Mimic is immune to acid damage.

Growth: The Mimic increases to Large size. It's slam attacks now deal 1d8+str damage.

Improved Disguise (Su): At 4th level, the Mimic may cast Alter Self as a SLA 1/Every 4th HD per day.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is my first attempt at making one of these monster classes, so it can probably use some revision.

Edits:

Added Climb, Hide, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, and Knowledge (Local) as class skills.

Modified the Mimic's base form so it can appear as a humanoid.
    Last edited by sciencepanda; 2010-10-01 at 11:25 PM.
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.