Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Not that I don't understand that you folks are all of the busy persuasion, but might I put in a request for Half-Celestial?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Huh, must've overlooked it. Right then, never mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

We have two bright, shiny new editions to the list!

Water Elemental: At 2nd glance, it looks okay. I think. Anyone have any comments?

Wereraptor: Looks like the size increases sorta... skips one. It can't become gargantuan, but it can become colossal?
    Alpha of the pack... the way CR works, this is a very powerful ability when you get it at level 4. It becomes significantly worse every level- by level 20, they're pretty much useless, even if you do have 5 of them. 20 would still be (largely) useless. I'd scrap it and go for something else entirely.
    Also, "Ambush Sucker!" is a little vanilla. Sure, sneak attack is fun, but you can be a little more creative than that, eh?

Saint: Why does it get wisdom? Where does it use wisdom?
    Also, you need to state how any save DC's are calculated. I know at least calming touch uses it.

2. First, i'll give the Cheshire Cat someDex at each level, Handle Humanoid was just a laugh but that can go, and as for immunity to SDA's at Lv30.....yuck. Most games don't last that long, but I'll settle for Lv25.
    That's the point. Most games don't last long enough for you to pull the blinds on any gods at will, period. Got it?
    Also, too much dex. You should be handing out maybe +1 charisma at level 2 and +1 dex at level 3, or something along those lines. No more than +1 to a single ability score every level, and for this class, no more than +2 total.
    Actually, it might be fitting just to grant a total of +2 charisma, no dex.

Assuming the request line is still open, I'd like to ask for Ultroloth, please.
    Already on the list. I'll likely work on that once I finish pseudonatural.

Wouldnt just giving a limit of 2 or 3 creatures stop that prombleme?
    Any optimizer worth their salt knows that one really powerful creature is much, much more valuable than a slew of weaker creatures.
    Also animate dead does no equal the abilty.
    No, but it's a balanced equivalent.
    You can have zombies and skeletons but your arent able to have anything that's really strong. With the first ability you can have a vampire, a lich, a wraith,etc.Also with Hd worth undead, You wont be able to do much.
    Are you kidding? You really want to allow things like liches as companions? First of all, basing it on HD as opposed to something like CR or ECL is flat out broken- you could create some silly templated monstrosity. For example, just off the top of my head from the SRD, a level 20 death knight could, by RAW, have a half celestial half fiend half dragon pseudonatural paragon grey elf wizard 20. That's HD equal or less than the death knight, yes?
    Even if you don't include extraneous templates, you can still have a vampire wizard or lich wizard or something like that with a level equal to the death knight's and thus a higher CR than the death knight, once the template is included. Your ability is broken.

Bleakborn: Wwwweelll... you have a similar creature in the marraenoloth. They both have resistances and such. The marraenoloth has a similar touch attack damage, but it's a more powerful damage type, does a little bit more damage, and also does ability score damage. They both have at-will no-action abilities, but the marraenoloth's is a save-or-lose, while the bleakborn is just a little damage. The bleakborn gets animate dead; the marraenoloth gets animate dead plus a handful of other worthy SLAs.
    To round it all off, the bleakborn gets some cool staying power abilities, but the marraenoloth gets some pretty impressive maneuverability- in the end, the marraenoloth is significantly superior. The bleakborn could use some spicing up.
    Being able to make these comparisons is an important skill to learn in making homebrew.

Evolved undead:
    Lix Lorn: Good call.
    Geckoking: If anything, the capstone is underpowered. By level 9, unless you're a turning focused cleric, turning becomes a pretty pitiful choice- it's more for crowds of weaker undead than powerful undead. Meanwhile, as the undead probably has fast healing by now, more healing options isn't all that important, and if you're using positive energy on a level 9+ undead, you're doing something wrong.

Illurien: Well, it's still not finished. Though, for starters, SR should come earlier than level 9.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post

Illurien: Well, it's still not finished. Though, for starters, SR should come earlier than level 9.
    Okay, how about level 6 for both the DR and SR then and maybe moving growth to 9?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-08 at 12:26 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Okay, how about level 6 for both the DR and SR then and maybe moving growth to 9?
    Honestly, those could come even earlier. 3 & 4, maybe? Though growth at level 9 works, yes.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cheers! My first monster class, finished! Thank you all for helping me through it, despite my stupidity in picking my first class.

Saint: Why does it get wisdom? Where does it use wisdom?
    Well... the original template gets wisdom, for one thing. Also, an unwise Saint doesn't really make sense. Maybe not smart, that I could see, but becoming a Saint seems like a process that would make you wiser. If nothing else it helps with... will saves?

Also, you need to state how any save DC's are calculated. I know at least calming touch uses it.
    Done.

Unfinished Monsters by Original Post Date
    Spoiler
    Show

Water Elemental2 - 10/02/2010
    Elder Treant3 - 10/03/2010
    Soulspark2 - 10/06/2010
    Living Spell3 - 10/10/2010
    Malebranche2 - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor2 - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON2 - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon2 - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu2 - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger1 - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm2 - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn2 - 10/23/2010
    Giths2 - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem2 - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion2 - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle2 - 10/27/2010
    Maug2 - 10/29/2010
    Saint1 - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat2 - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor2 - 10/30/2010
    Death Knight2 - 10/31/2010 [Revised Class]
    Osyluth (Bone Devil)2 - 10/31/2010
    Illurien2 - 11/04/2010
    Shade2 - 11/04/2010

1: Awaiting critique or approval from Gorgondantess, or discussion from everyone.
    2: Has been critiqued by Gorgondantess or other approved members (Hyudra, ChumpLump), and is awaiting the user to make the requested changes or otherwise edit.
    3: Abandoned, either temporarily or permanently.
    Linked Numbers: If the number next to the class is a link, that means that it leads either to the current critique of the class (If the number is a 2) or to a post with the proposed changes by the user (If the number is a 1).
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-08 at 08:05 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Took the critique, I don't know if the 3rd level skill is too complex or if the 4rth level one gets useless at higher levels.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

9. - Top - End - #999

First of all: I love this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Second: Agreeing that Links are superior to quotes, it makes things much easier for me as well.

Now on to my thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    Wereraptor

Alternate Form(su):At first level, a wereraptor can take on a medium raptor form. While in raptor form, a wereraptor cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw attacks dealing 1d6+Str damage, moves at a speed of 60 ft and can jump during a charge to get over things.
    At 3 HD his claws deal 1d8+Str
    At 6 HD his claws deal 2d6+Str

Claws damage scale with size, they should not scale with HD as well... also, why claws and not Talons?

Raptor Traits: A wereraptor in raptor form gains scent and gains a bonus on all hide skill checks equal to half his HD, full if in an area with tall grass or if he spends a full round action to hide. At second level his scent ability works regardless of form.

I recommend looking at the Reptilian racial class to understand what I mean by Hide Check at full HD and how it should work. It only now strikes me, but why are these guys getting a bonus to hide in the first place?

Ambush sucker!: At third level a wereraptor in hybrid form begins to learn how to sneak up on an opponent and strike vital areas. He gains a sneak attack with damage equal to his normal attack plus 1d6 per 3 HD.

Offering Sneak attack that scales on HD is a bad idea, IMO, you are offering a huge class feature that scales independently of class. I'd recommend +2d6 damage on flat-footed opponents (like sudden strike)... actually on second thought raptors loved flanking people in that one movie, so flanking is fine too... You may then want to specifiy that it stacks with other precision based damages . (2d6 because this is a L.4 Class, and thus you'll have essentially a rogue's sneak-attack at L.3, and can almost seamlessly multiclass with rogue or other rogue-likes)

Alpha of the pack: Starting at fourth level a wereraptor starts to rule a pack. He gains one deinonychus per 4 HD as a companion. They will recognize the wereraptor as their master and follow simple commands like "Attack" or "Run". They will stay with him forever and if the wereraptor emits a call they will run to him.

I recommend looking at the Crafty_Cultist's Werewolf for the purposes of this ability. As it stands I don't know if you mean as an animal companion or not, if so, it seems that having multiple animal companions with scaling HD. If it is based off of animal companion it might be good to specify that the HD doesn't scale.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a wereraptor can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save (DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.
    Comments, still, are in Bold

I want to make it clear that all of my comments are open to discussion, and comments that have a question mark at the end of them are doubly so. That said, what Dinosaur is this based on? I'm having a rather hard time figuring out where this guy is coming from. Balance wise he's coming along nicely. Keep it up.

Werescorpion
    Is the daily uses for poison standard for Lycanthropes? If not, don't use it.
    It is standard, but if you don't like it, it doesn't have to be. I can easily edit it out of Weresnake and Werespider. I was simply following suit of the Thri-Kreen.

Also, just gaining a flat bonus to attacks & damage is not good.
    Yes.
    Honestly it's a super nitpick, but your skills are badly out of order...

Entomanothropes tend to get Darkvision instead of Low-light Vision. I pointed this out in my last look-over, and you seem to have missed it. I don't mind the difference, but I would like to know why.

Posion: When I said that the poison can scale, I meant the damage die can increase with HD. As it stands I'm not terribly fond of the 1d4 initial and 2d4 secondary.
    Funny Note, unrelated of course, but the Scorpionfolk have Dex poison in their tail while the Monstrous scorpion has Con poison.

Improved Grab A WereScorpion may make a grapple attempt whenever he makes an attack with his claws and does not cause an AoO from the person being grappled.He may hold a creature no more than his size category.This part last sentence, I think, is unnecessary. Grapple already has rules about What size of creature you may and may not grapple.
    Greater Scorpion: A WereScorpion gains benefits from his powers. He may replace his Str mod with Dex for damage with his tail (and may add it to his claws at 12 HD). He gains a bonus to Jump and Climb equal to his HD. Also, he gains a bonus attack and damage equal to 1/4 his HD (Min= +1).
    This and Improved Grab is more than what is normally given at 3rd level. In fact usually a fairly weak bonus is given at 3rd level and +1 to an appropriate ability score. (Because I felt that +1 Wisdom to all Lycanthrope-like creatures didn't quite capture all of their essences.)
    Look at the Lycans already made.
    Werewolves gain no 'slight bonus' while weasels gain arguably the strongest of all 'slight bonuses' with a significant increase to Initiative.

As for the Sharpened tail... perhaps a better name than 'Sharpened.' I like the ability, because it maximizes out like a whip would. If I were you, and I'm not, I'd go ahead and at this point give the tail these bonuses as well:
    A werescorpion can make trip attacks with its tail. It cannot be tripped during its own trip attempt.

When using its Tail, the werescorpion gains a bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponents equal to half its HD.

All feats and abilities that apply to whips also apply to the Werescorpion's tail.
    That bit about a +1/2 HD bonus to disarming may be a bit much, if so go with a +2 bonus to Disarming. Like the Whip.

Then again, you may hate the whip and everything to do with it, and not want your beastie to have a whip-tail. Either way is fine with me, but as a player I'd push this on my DM so fast and hard it'd make his head spin. And then I'd push the Lasher PrC... But I loves me some Lasher PrC.

Changelog...Please actually list all changes.
    Saying you took my advice is not helpful to me when I am re-going over your class. I would love to think that I have a perfect memory, and could even manage looking at the two different commentaries I've made, and be able to tell what I've said and what it meant, but to be honest, I don't. And sometimes I give bum advice.
    Please, please, please Log your changes in your changelog, elsewise why have it?

And now for a quick...offering of thoughts on the Evolved Undead

Increased Natural/Deflection armor. I like it.

Evolved Flight: While the wording specifically states that something happens when it is selected twice... you may still specify how many times it may be selected. (I assume only twice for creatures without flight, and only once for creatures with. If this is wrong, you may specify whether or not doubling a double turns into a tripple here, because distance is a 'real' number, and according to the SRD, as I remember it, real numbers don't normally Double-Double into a Triple.)
    I hope that all makes sense...

Evolved Physical Resistance:DR/Silver or Magic seems weaker to me than DR/Silver and Magic.
    Or implies that only one is needed, whereas and implies both are needed.
    Or Does DR work differently than that?

Advancement of Grave-Magic might be easier to read if it were in the table, across from their respectively enhanced SLAs.
    But I love Grave-Magic.

Skill Evolution Players will either choose Rogue, or a class that offers the few skills that rogue does not. Why not say offer a number of skills to be class skills. Or all, because the ability is loosely enough defined that it wouldn't be much of a power-jump. Maybe better to phrase it like the Expert, selecting a list of class skills? I don't know, but as it stands it is really just a bit more complicated than 'All.'

Pinnacle of Evolution: I cannot explain how much I love and rejoice this ability. This capstone makes me want to play an undead so terribly bad, I might get back into Play by Post. (And believe you me, this is no small accomplishment.)

Honestly all in all the Evolved undead seems to be a sturdy vessel-and could sail in any game I'm running, and would be pushed on players who chose to be undead.

Again everything in this post is solely my two wooden pieces painted copper.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Evolved Flight: While the wording specifically states that something happens when it is selected twice... you may still specify how many times it may be selected. (I assume only twice for creatures without flight, and only once for creatures with. If this is wrong, you may specify whether or not doubling a double turns into a tripple here, because distance is a 'real' number, and according to the SRD, as I remember it, real numbers don't normally Double-Double into a Triple.)
    Eh, I don't think it's that pertinent. The worst misinterpretation I can see is if they get quadruple land speed and perfect maneuverability out of no fly speed at all... and if they REALLY want to spend 3 out of their 4 evolved abilities on that, then they can go right ahead and do that.
    Evolved Physical Resistance:DR/Silver or Magic seems weaker to me than DR/Silver and Magic.
    Typo. Good call. And that's exactly how it works.

Advancement of Grave-Magic might be easier to read if it were in the table, across from their respectively enhanced SLAs.
    But I love Grave-Magic.
    Tables are meant for organization of simple, small bits of data. It would stretch the table a bit too much for my tastes to add all that into it; they're all in order anyways.

Skill Evolution Players will either choose Rogue, or a class that offers the few skills that rogue does not. Why not say offer a number of skills to be class skills. Or all, because the ability is loosely enough defined that it wouldn't be much of a power-jump. Maybe better to phrase it like the Expert, selecting a list of class skills? I don't know, but as it stands it is really just a bit more complicated than 'All.'
    Two words: iajutsu focus. If they want to choose rogue, more power to 'em. I don't care.

Pinnacle of Evolution: I cannot explain how much I love and rejoice this ability. This capstone makes me want to play an undead so terribly bad, I might get back into Play by Post. (And believe you me, this is no small accomplishment.)
    Heh, well, thanks. I had almost given up on a capstone, then I thought "Hmmm... EVOLVED undead... hey, maybe I'll just remove all of the undead's normal weaknesses" and cobbled that together in 2 minutes. Spark of inspiration, I suppose. I was mainly worried that it would be underwhelming.

Well... the original template gets wisdom, for one thing. Also, an unwise Saint doesn't really make sense. Maybe not smart, that I could see, but becoming a Saint seems like a process that would make you wiser. If nothing else it helps with... will saves?
    I'm going to point you to section 5a in the guidelines.
    If you have SLAs based on wisdom? Give a wisdom bonus. But we don't give ability score bonuses unless the class actually uses that ability score.

11. - Top - End - #1001

I'm going to point you to section 5a in the guidelines.
    If you have SLAs based on wisdom? Give a wisdom bonus. But we don't give ability score bonuses unless the class actually uses that ability score.
    Well, it gets Wisdom to armor class... But I suppose you mean that that's not enough. Okay, I'll change it.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-09 at 03:03 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground

Note to self: Never use a Tier 1 class to prove a point.
    Now, how is that cat and dragon of mine? No major critique, just could someone have a look?

13. - Top - End - #1003

Added three new abilities to the bleakborn. Brittle strike lets it weaken its opponents, Ice ward increases its durability, and Frost nova gives it an AOE attack

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    First of all: I love this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Second: Agreeing that Links are superior to quotes, it makes things much easier for me as well.

Now on to my thoughts:

Comments, still, are in Bold

I want to make it clear that all of my comments are open to discussion, and comments that have a question mark at the end of them are doubly so. That said, what Dinosaur is this based on? I'm having a rather hard time figuring out where this guy is coming from. Balance wise he's coming along nicely. Keep it up.

Werescorpion

Honestly it's a super nitpick, but your skills are badly out of order...

Entomanothropes tend to get Darkvision instead of Low-light Vision. I pointed this out in my last look-over, and you seem to have missed it. I don't mind the difference, but I would like to know why.

Posion: When I said that the poison can scale, I meant the damage die can increase with HD. As it stands I'm not terribly fond of the 1d4 initial and 2d4 secondary.
    Funny Note, unrelated of course, but the Scorpionfolk have Dex poison in their tail while the Monstrous scorpion has Con poison.

This and Improved Grab is more than what is normally given at 3rd level. In fact usually a fairly weak bonus is given at 3rd level and +1 to an appropriate ability score. (Because I felt that +1 Wisdom to all Lycanthrope-like creatures didn't quite capture all of their essences.)
    Look at the Lycans already made.
    Werewolves gain no 'slight bonus' while weasels gain arguably the strongest of all 'slight bonuses' with a significant increase to Initiative.

As for the Sharpened tail... perhaps a better name than 'Sharpened.' I like the ability, because it maximizes out like a whip would. If I were you, and I'm not, I'd go ahead and at this point give the tail these bonuses as well:

That bit about a +1/2 HD bonus to disarming may be a bit much, if so go with a +2 bonus to Disarming. Like the Whip.

Then again, you may hate the whip and everything to do with it, and not want your beastie to have a whip-tail. Either way is fine with me, but as a player I'd push this on my DM so fast and hard it'd make his head spin. And then I'd push the Lasher PrC... But I loves me some Lasher PrC.

Changelog...Please actually list all changes.
    Saying you took my advice is not helpful to me when I am re-going over your class. I would love to think that I have a perfect memory, and could even manage looking at the two different commentaries I've made, and be able to tell what I've said and what it meant, but to be honest, I don't. And sometimes I give bum advice.
    Please, please, please Log your changes in your changelog, elsewise why have it?

And now for a quick...offering of thoughts on the Evolved Undead

Increased Natural/Deflection armor. I like it.

But I love Grave-Magic.

Honestly all in all the Evolved undead seems to be a sturdy vessel-and could sail in any game I'm running, and would be pushed on players who chose to be undead.

Again everything in this post is solely my two wooden pieces painted copper.
    Amazingly, you made your critique at the same time I edited although there are changes there I have not made.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Hey all. I was reading through the Phoelarch and noticed that it says that it gets a natural armor bonus equal to its constitution score. Is that a typo? Or do they really get a bonus equal to their con score and not just the modifier?

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ishcumbeebeeda View Post
    Hey all. I was reading through the Phoelarch and noticed that it says that it gets a natural armor bonus equal to its constitution score. Is that a typo? Or do they really get a bonus equal to their con score and not just the modifier?
    Yes, that is a typo. I will correct it. Please inform me of any other mistakes.
    Last edited by AustontheGreat1; 2010-11-08 at 04:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007

Undead followers: A death knight gains Undead creature that follow him, He gains his HD or ECL in undead followers, A undead creature with class levels must be calculated in ECL*.If an undead creature has no class levels then it must be calculated with HD.
    * effective character level

I think that should do it.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Undead followers: A death knight gains Undead creature that follow him, He gains his HD or ECL in undead followers, A undead creature with class levels must be calculated in ECL*.If an undead creature has no class levels then it must be calculated with HD.
    * effective character level

I think that should do it.
    No, it shouldn't. That's still not any good. First of all, it's too powerful. Do you understand that, with this ability, you could get an infinite death knight loop by having your first follower be a death knight, then his follower is a death knight, then his follower is a death knight, and so on and so forth forever? At least a leadership chain has an end.
    Beyond that, it's significantly more powerful than what is considered the most powerful feat in the game (leadership), as you get a character just as powerful as you are, as opposed to one less powerful than you are.
    Do you understand what I'm trying to say?
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-11-08 at 07:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

While I can't and don't want to make a new class until Illurien is finished anyway, I have to ask. If you don't have access to the source material (In this case a dragon magazine) would you still be allowed to make the class?

I only ask because I can't find which issue has the Platinum dragon race in it. Otherwise I'd just buy the darn thing.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-08 at 07:16 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Orc in the Playground

Half Elemental Template (Manual of the Planes p.189)

Class
    Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisites:
    Special: Heritage tracing to the appropriate elemental plane.

HD: d8
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+0*|+0*|+0*| Elemental Body, Elemental Power, Ability Increases
    2|+ 1|+0*|+0*|+0*| Elemental Magic [/table]

Class Skills: (4 + Int. Mod.) x4 at first level. The Half Elementalís class skills are Balance, Climb, Concentration, Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (the Planes), and Survival.

In addition to these, Half Elemental may add additional skills to there class skills list depending on their type.

Air: a half Air Elemental adds Jump and Tumble to its list of class skills.

Earth: a half Earth Elemental adds Appraise and Balance to its list of class skills.

Fire: a half Fire Elemental adds Bluff and Intimidate to its list of class skills

Water: a half Water Elemental adds Escape Artist and Swim to its list of class skills.

Class Features
    Proficiencies: the half elemental is proficient with simple and martial weapons, as will as light armor; but not shields.

Elemental Body: Unlike other monster classes, the creature's original racial traits are retained. The Half Elementalís type is changed to outsider, and he gains all traits and abilities associated with the type. All half elementals receive +4 racial to fortitude saves made to resist poison. All half elemental also receive a bonus it its armor class in the form of a natural armor bonus equal to its constitution modifier.

In addition, each Half Elemental receives additional bonuses depending on its type.

Air: Half Air Elementals have the [Air] subtype and are immune to electricity damage and damage taken as a result of falling. In addition to this, at 6 HD, the air elemental gains the ability to fly as a speed of 60ft. with average maneuverability.

Earth: Half Earth Elementals have the [Earth] subtype and are immune to acid damage. In addition, half earth elementals have a burrow speed of 10ft. This speed increases by 10 additional feet for every 2 HD the elemental gains after the first two.

Fire: Half Fire Elementals have the [Fire] subtype and are immune to fire damage. In addition, at 4 HD, and for every 4 HD thereafter, the half fire elemental's base land speed increases by 10ft.

Water: Half Water Elementals have the [Water] subtype and are immune to cold damage. Half Water Elementals have swim speeds equal to their base land speed and can breathe underwater as well as on land. In addition, Half Water Elementals receive a +8 racial bonus to swim checks and may always take 10 on swim check, even if rushed or threatened.

Lastly, Each Half Elemental has improved base saving throw scores depending on its type.

Air: The reflex save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Earth: The fortitude save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Fire: The will save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Water: The reflex save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Elemental Power (Su): Half Elementals have great powers granted by their elemental heritages. Each half elemental receives a one of the following abilities depending on its type.

Air: Force of Nature (Su): Blows made by the Half Air Elemental carry the awesome force of raging winds. Whenever the air elemental deals damage with a melee attack to a target no more than one size category larger than the Half Air Elemental must make a successful balance check (DC = 10 = Damage dealt) or be moved back 5ft. Movement forced in this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Earth: Stability (Ex): Half Earth Elementals are as stable and immovable as the earth itself. All half earth elementals receive a bonus to rolls made to resist Bullrush and being knocked prone equal to 5 + Ĺ their HD.

Fire: Burn (Su): The body of the half fire elemental radiate incredible heat. Creatures struck by a melee attack from a half fire elemental take an additional amount of fire damage equal to the half fire elementalís charisma modifier.

Water: Flowing Form (Ex): Half-Water Elementals can make their body fluid and amorphous, allowing them to squeeze through tight spaces. Half-Water Elementals receive a bonus to escape artist checks equal to 5 + 1/2 their HD. This bonus doubles for checks made to squeeze through a tight area.

Ability Increases: Each half elemental gains a bonus to its ability scores depending on its type.

Air: Half Air Elementals receive a permanent increase of +1 to their dexterity score at each level.

Earth: Half Earth Elementals receive a permanent increase of +1 to their strength score at each level.

Fire: Half Fire Elementals receive a permanent increase of +1 to their charisma score at each level.

Water: Half Water Elementals receive a permanent increase of +1 to their constitution score at each level.

Elemental Magic (Sp): Each Half Elemental possesses powerful magic, allowing it control the forces of its elemental. The half elemental gains a set of spell-like abilities granted as it increases in HD. These spell like abilities vary depending on its element. The save DC for these abilities are 10 + 1/2 the Half Elemental's HD + the Half Elemental's Charisma modifier.

HALF AIR ELEMENTAL
    {table=head]HD |Spell-like Ability|Uses Per Day

1|
    Obscuring Mist
    |
    1/day/2 HD (minimum 1)

3|
    Wind Wall
    |
    1/day/2 HD

5|
    Gaseous Form
    |
    1/day/4 HD

7|
    Air Walk
    |
    1/day/4 HD

9|
    Control Winds
    |
    1/day/5 HD

11|
    Chain Lightning
    |
    1/day/6 HD

13|
    Control Weather
    |
    1/day/6 HD

15|
    Whirlwind
    |
    1/day/6 HD

17|
    Elemental Swarm*
    |
    1/day/10 HD

19|
    Plane Shift
    |
    1/day/10 HD
    [/table]
    *Cast as Air spell only.

HALF EARTH ELEMENTAL

1|
    Magic Stone
    |
    1/day/2 HD (minimum 1)

3|
    Soften Stone and Earth
    |
    1/day/2 HD

5|
    Stone Shape
    |
    1/day/4 HD

7|
    Spike Stones
    |
    1/day/4 HD

9|
    Wall of Stone
    |
    1/day/5 HD

11|
    Stoneskin
    |
    1/day/6 HD

13|
    Earthquake
    |
    1/day/6 HD

15|
    Iron Body
    |
    1/day/6 HD

17|
    Elemental Swarm*
    |
    1/day/10 HD

19|
    Plane Shift
    |
    1/day/10 HD
    [/table]
    *Cast as Earth spell only.

HALF FIRE ELEMENTAL

1|
    Burning Hands
    |
    1/day/2 HD (minimum 1)

3|
    Produce Flames
    |
    1/day/2 HD

5|
    Flaming Sphere
    |
    1/day/4 HD

7|
    Wall of Fire
    |
    1/day/4 HD

9|
    Fire Shield
    |
    1/day/5 HD

11|
    Fire Seeds
    |
    1/day/6 HD

13|
    Firestorm
    |
    1/day/6 HD

15|
    Incendiary Cloud
    |
    1/day/6 HD

17|
    Elemental Swarm*
    |
    1/day/10 HD

19|
    Plane Shift
    |
    1/day/10 HD
    [/table]
    *Cast as Fire spell only.

HALF WATER ELEMENTAL

1|
    Obscuring Mist
    |
    1/day/2 HD (minimum 1)

3|
    Fog Cloud
    |
    1/day/2 HD

5|
    Water Breathing
    |
    1/day/4 HD

7|
    Control Water
    |
    1/day/4 HD

9|
    Ice Storm
    |
    1/day/5 HD

11|
    Cone of Cold
    |
    1/day/6 HD

13|
    Acid Fog
    |
    1/day/6 HD

15|
    Horrid Wilting
    |
    1/day/6 HD

17|
    Elemental Swarm*
    |
    1/day/10 HD

19|
    Plane Shift
    |
    1/day/10 HD
    [/table]
    *Cast as Water spell only.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

Still Incomplete.

Saw that the fire body was a little weak, removed the vulnerability and gave them a bonus to land speed to help them out.

Water elementals now get dex and wis. and good save switched to reflex.

Drench changed to water spout. Deals small amount of bludgeoning damage and extinguishes flames.
    Last edited by AustontheGreat1; 2010-11-29 at 04:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1011

HD: d8Maybe a d10 or d12 for earth elementals
    Are undead/construct/ooze/ I dont know what are able to take this class?
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+0*|+0*|+0*| Elemental Body, Elemental Power
    2|+ 1|+0*|+0*|+0*| Ability Increases, Elemental Magic [/table]
    Class Skills: (4 + Int. Mod.) x4 at first level. The Half Elementalís class skills are Concentration, Intimidate, and Knowledge (the Planes).

In addition to these, Half Elemental may add additional skills to there class skills list depending on their type.

Air: a half Air Elemental adds Jump and Tumble to its list of class skills.

Earth: a half Earth Elemental adds Appraise and Balance to its list of class skills.

Fire: a half Fire Elemental adds Bluff and Survival to its list of class skills

Water: a half Water Elemental adds Escape Artist and Swim to its list of class skills.

Class Features
    Proficiencies: the half elemental is proficient with simple and martial weapons, as will as light armor; but not shields.
    Maybe for earth they should get heavy armor

Elemental Body: Unlike other monster classes, the creature's original racial traits are retained. The Half Elementalís type is changed to outsider, and he gains all traits and abilities associated with the type. All half elementals receive +4 racial to fortitude saves made to resist poison. All half elemental also receive a bonus it its armor class in the form of a natural armor bonus equal to its constitution modifier.

In addition, each Half Elemental receives additional bonuses depending on its type.

Air: Half Air Elementals have the [Air] subtype and are immune to electricity damage and damage taken as a result of falling. In addition to this, at 6 HD, the air elemental gains the ability to fly as a speed of 60ft. with perfect maneuverability.

Earth: Half Earth Elementals have the [Earth] subtype and are immune to acid damage. In addition, half earth elementals have a burrow speed of 10ft.
    This should scale with HD. 5ft/HD
    Fire: Half Fire Elementals have the [Fire] subtype and are immune to fire damage, though they are also vulnerable to cold damage (meaning they take an additional +50% damage from attack dealing this type of damage.
    This one is the weakest one, It has actually has a negative, in my opinion you should take out the vunerablity.
    Water: Half Water Elementals have the [Water] subtype and are immune to cold damage. Half Water Elementals have swim speeds equal to their base land speed and can breathe underwater as well as on land. In addition, Half Water Elementals receive a +8 racial bonus to swim checks and may always take 10 on swim check, even if rushed or threatened.

Lastly, Each Half Elemental has improved base saving throw scores depending on its type.

Air: The reflex save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Earth: The fortitude save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Fire: The will save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

Water: The fortitude save progression granted by the Half Elemental Monster Class increases to good.

earth should have good Fort, Air+fire should get reflex and water should get either will or reflex.

Elemental Power (Su): Half Elementals have great powers granted by their elemental heritages. Each half elemental receives a one of the following abilities depending on its type.

Air: Force of Nature (Su): Blows made by the Half Air Elemental carry the awesome force of raging winds. Whenever the air elemental deals damage with a melee attack to a target nor more than one size category larger than the Half Air Elemental must make a successful balance check (DC = 10 = Damage dealt) or be moved back 5ft. Movement forced in this way does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Earth: Stability (Ex): Half Earth Elementals are as stable and immovable as the earth itself. All half earth elementals receive bonus to rolls made to resist Bullrush and Trip attempts equal to 5 + Ĺ their HD.

Fire: Burn (Su): The body of the half fire elemental radiate incredible heat. Creatures struck by a melee attack from a half fire elemental take an additional amount of fire damage equal to the half fire elementalís charisma modifier.

Water: Drench (Ex): The half water elementalís touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of nonmagical origin if these are of Large size or smaller. It can can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals the half water elementalís HD).

This aint to usefull, Dosent really do much,If it was me, i would allow each 1d4 or 1d6 rounds to use a blast or stream of water doing 1d4 or 1d6/2Hd

Ability Increases: Each half elemental gains a bonus to its ability scores depending on its type.

Air: +2 Dex, +2 Wis

Earth: +2 Str, +2 Con

Fire: +2 Dex, +2 Cha

Water: +2 Con, +2 Wis

Say that 1 abity score is got at level 1 and the other one at lv 2.
    I think that water should get +2dex,+2wis.

Elemental Magic (Sp): Each Half Elemental possesses powerful magic, allowing it control the forces of its elemental. The half elemental gains a set of spell-like abilities granted as it increases in HD. These spell like abilities vary depending on its element.
    This is my review.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-08 at 07:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    Wereraptor

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites:

Race: Any Medium, Small or Large humanoid or giant.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another wereraptor and contracted lycanthropy

HD: d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+0|+0|+2|+0|Alternate form (Raptor), Raptor empathy, Lunar body, Raptor Traits
    2nd|+1|+0|+3|+0|Alternate form (hybrid), Lunar hide
    3rd|+2|+1|+3|+0|+1 Wis, Flank attacks
    4th|+3|+2|+4|+1|Curse of lycantropy, Raptor analysis[/table]

Skills: (2+Int modifier) Intimidate (Cha) Spot (Wis) Survival (Wis) Jump (Str) Listen (Wis) Hide (Dex)

Proficiencies: A wereraptor gains proficiency with their own natural weapons.

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Wereraptors retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.
    A wereraptor gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in raptor or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Raptor empathy: A wereraptor can communicate with raptors (and other raptor-like magical beasts) regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence such animals, however he gains no bonus on influencing magical beasts.

Alternate Form(su):At first level, a wereraptor can take on a medium raptor form. While in raptor form, a wereraptor cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two talon attacks dealing 1d6+Str damage, moves at a speed of 60 ft and can jump during a charge to get over things.
    His talons scale with each size category.

A wereraptor can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in wereraptor, or for every two in another class, the wereraptor's alternate form improves as shown below

{table=head]Wereraptor level +1/2 other levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Dex
    2|+2 Dex
    3|+2 Dex, +1 Str
    4|+2 Dex, +2 Str
    5|+3 Dex, +2 Str
    6|+3 Dex, +3 Str
    7|+4 Dex, +3 Str
    8|+4 Dex, +4 Str
    9|+5 Dex, +4 Str
    10|+6 Dex, +4 Str
    11|+6 Dex, +5 Str
    12|+6 Dex, +6 Str[/table]

At second level, a wereraptor can assume hybrid form. They can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. A wereraptor in alternate form gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.

Raptor Traits: A wereraptor in raptor form gains scent and gains a bonus on all hide skill checks equal to half his HD. This increases to a hide bounus equal to his full HD if the wereraptor makes a full-round action to hide. At second level his scent ability works regardless of form.

Lunar hide: At second level, a wereraptor gains DR/Silver equal to their HD/2 while in alternate form.

Growth: At 3rd level, a wereraptor's raptor form can become Large or Medium. In addition their natural armor improves by 1 while in alternate form.

A wereraptor of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A wereraptor of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A wereraptor of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Flank attacks: At third level a wereraptor in hybrid form begins to learn how to hit vital spots on a target when occupied. He does 1d6 extra damage for every 3 HD he has against an opponent he is flanking. This is ignored if the creature is immune to sneak attacks and functions as a rouge's sneak attack in every other way.

Raptor analysis: Starting at fourth level a wereraptor can study an opponent for 3 rounds to gain a bonus against that creature. The wereraptor can do nothing but study, but when the studying is over he gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls on that creature per HD for 24 hours. Then, 3 more rounds of study are needed.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a wereraptor can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save (DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edited last skill to have two pathways.
    Small grammar edits.
    Made raptor form have abilities hybrid does not.
    Added 6 more levels.
    Balanced stomach damage and spells per day/maw of the titans by HD.
    made con a more important stat.
    Took ChumpLump's advice and balanced stats, saves, HD, and size.
    Took more advice and edited last two skills, removed improved grab, and made a 6/6 perfection on stats.
    made sneak attack need a jump, took out capstone and added a new one, and fixed size adjustments accordingly.
    Edited size, claw damage, and sneak pounce skill to just flanked opponents.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Big. Freakin'. Dino. The simplicity of this class is amusing because it's very narrow, just Charge, Pounce, and tear at a nervous system.
    I think It's pretty much done except maybe the last skill.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1013

Half elemental has no prerequisites set. generally it requires the appropriate heritige or a ritual.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Maug

Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    | Construct Body,Pulverize,+1Str
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Graft,+1Str
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Rapid Repair,Growth +1str
    [/table]
    HD=D10

Skills 2+int modifier(x4 at first lv)
    Class skills Craft,Intimidate,Knowledge(architecture andengineering),Listen,Profession (siege engineer and soldier),Spot, Survival

Proficiencies: A maug gains proficiency with all armor,all sheild(including tower shields) simple and martial weapons

Construct Body :The Maug loses all racial modifiers and receives the Construct type (which grants darkvision 60'), medium size, 40 ft. land speed, and 2 natural slam attacks dealing 1d8+strength modifier damage.A maug is able to wear armor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • No Constitution score.

• Darkvision out to 60 feet.

• Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

• Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.

• Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, ability damage, fatigue or exhaustion, or energy drain

• Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

• Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed

• Never being alive to begin with, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. It can only be revived by a wish, limited wish, miracle, or by reconstructing the Maug's body (requiring 10000 gp worth of specially treated alloys- or the golem's previous body, and a DC 18 Stonecrafting check) and then a reincarnate spell, which will always put the Maug's soul into the new effigy.

• Constructs does not breathe, eat, or sleep.

A maug also gains natural armor equal to itís strength modifier

The maugs also get a +4 bonus to Craft (stonemasonry) and Knowledge (architecture and engineering) checks.

The Maug also gains 1 HP per HD.For every 5 Hd that it has the bonus increase by 1.

Pulverize:As a free action,1 time per Hd per day, A maug is able to overcome any DR and hardness of an object or creature with all it's attack for 1 round.

Rapid Repair: A Maug gains fast healing equal to half his HD.

Growth: A muag grows to large size.

Grafts:Grafts are upgrades for the maug,He may choose one graft at level 2.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shoving arm
    The shoving arm is attached to the waist of a maug. This arm allows the maug to make a bull rushed attack with no attack of oppertunity each round.It also gives a bonus to bull rush attemps equal to the maug's HD.

Shudder plate
    A maug with a shudder plate gains the tremorsense ability with a range of 5ft/2HD.The shudder plate takes no item slot and it still permits the wear of armor.

Wrist Razors:
    Various retractable spikes, blades and appendages spring out from around and on the maug's hand: its slam attacks now deal piercing and slashing.The damage of the maug's slam also increase by one step.

Long Legs:
    The Maug gains Run as a bonus feat, gets a bonus to jump checks equal to 1/2 his HD, and gains a +10' bonus to move speed.

Stone Spiliter
    With the stone spilter graft a maug is now able to fire bullets that damage 1d6 (for a medium sized maug) with a critical of 19/20X2. A maug is able to fire 1 bullet,as a free action,a round.It can hold up to 50 sling bullets.This graft reloads automaticly.

Grappling Hook:
    The Maug gains a chain & hook attached to his palm and spooled in his arm, which he can launch up to a distance of 30 feet plus 5 per HD, as a ranged touch attack. If successful, the Maug makes a grapple check as if he had the improved grapple feat. If successful, the foe is dragged into the Maug's square or the Maug is dragged to the foe's square (Maug's choice), and the grapple goes on as normal.
    An additional application of this upgrade allows the Maug to deal an additional 1d8+strength modifier (or 2d6+str if large sized) constriction damage each turn of the grapple.

Death knight(Template)

Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisite: Need to be evil and at least lv 6, Cannot be a construct or an ooze.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref |Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Undying Body, Death touch, Abyssal blast

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Immunities, Damage Reduction, Spell Resistance

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Fear Aura, Undead Followers Or Mount, Bonus Against Turning, Deadly Weapons[/table]
    HD:D12

Skills : 2+int mod. A death knight has no class skills.

Proficiencies : A death knight gains proficiency with all armor, and shield(including tower shield) all simple weapons and all martial weapons.

Undying Body:Unlike other monster classes, the death knight doesn't lose his racial ability modifiers, but he does gain undead traits:
    Spoiler
    Show

* No Constitution score.
    * Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    * Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    * Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    * Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    * Heals naturally.
    * Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude saves (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    * Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    * Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed, unless it has activated it's fast healing ability.
    * Not affected by Raise Dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and True Resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    * Death knights don't need to breath, eat, or sleep. However, a death knight may do any of the three if desired.

Any previously gained HD are changed to d12, and any new HD gained are also changed to d12.

A death knight gains a natural armour bonus equal to its strength modifier. Creatures who had natural armour before becoming a death knight loose that and instead gain a natural armour bonus of 2+strength modifier.

Death TouchThe death knightís touch attack uses negative energy to deal damage equal to 1d8 + the death knightís Charisma bonus to living creatures. Each successful touch attack also deals 1 point of Constitution damage per 4 HD.

Abyssal blast A death knight can use fireball as a SLA 1 time per 4 HD per day. Half the damage of the fireball is divine, the other half is fire.

Immunities : Death knights gains resistances to electricity, cold and a bonus save to polymorph effects equal to itís HD

Damage ReductionAt 2nd level, a death knight gains damage reduction equal to 1/2 its HD, This is DR/bludgeoning and magic

Spell resistance::Death Knights gain spell resistance equal to 11+HD

Fear Aura Death knights are shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. All Creatures within 5ft/2HD of a death knight aura must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 death knightís HD + death knightís Charisma modifier).If the enemy has less than half the death knight HD, and if the person fail's the will save he is panicked, if they succeed the will save , they are shaken. If a person has more then half the death knight's HD fails the will save, they are shaken, If they succeed nothing happens. This only affect's enemies

Undead Followers or mount: Death knights gains The animate dead spell as a Sla.The Death knight's HD is the caster level.
    Instead of having undead followers a death knight can chose a mount form the blackguard list. The mount has a HD of -1 compared to the death knight HD.
    If the mount is destroyed, new ones appear in a week.

Bonus against turning : A death knight gains a bonus against turning. He is considered 3 levels higher for a turning check made by an enemy.

Deadly Weapons
    A death knight's weapon now carry the power of his touch, his weapons now do a bonus 1d8 Vs living creatures.

Anything else to do?
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-12-10 at 07:40 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Orc in the Playground

Saw that the fire body was a little weak, removed the vulnerability and gave them a bonus to land speed to help them out.

Water elementals now get dex and wis. and good save switched to reflex.

Drench changed to water spout. Deals small amount of bludgeoning damage and extinguishes flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Half elemental has no prerequisites set. generally it requires the appropriate heritige or a ritual.
    I wouldn't know what prerequisites to require. What would you suggest.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Half Elemental
    First off, you could really use some more class skills. Imagine a half-elemental human with Int 12. Someone with Int 12 shouldn't be running out of class skills, right?

And... why is it an outsider and not an elemental?

The Air ability far outstrips the others. Getting a perfect fly speed is Difficult, and you can do it with one level.

What's more, it seems to be the standard thing to give +1 to one ability score per level with these classes-these give nothing on first level and +4 on second.

It also bugs me that none of them get an Int boost, purely for symmetry, but I guess that's cause +int +dex would be way too good a caster.

I like the ideas though. Maybe spread them out over a couple more levels?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I've updated the Soulspark to include some of the suggestions along with a totally revamped Soul Shroud ability which should make it more versatile.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Half Elemental
    First off, you could really use some more class skills. Imagine a half-elemental human with Int 12. Someone with Int 12 shouldn't be running out of class skills, right?
    I agree whole-heartedly. Whats skills would you suggest I add?

And... why is it an outsider and not an elemental?
    The original template turns them into an outsider. There is a line stating that due to the fact that they have solid bodies, they can't be elementals.

The Air ability far outstrips the others. Getting a perfect fly speed is Difficult, and you can do it with one level.
    Maneuverability reduced to average.

What's more, it seems to be the standard thing to give +1 to one ability score per level with these classes-these give nothing on first level and +4 on second.

I like the ideas though. Maybe spread them out over a couple more levels?
    Done

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Umm... spot/listen? Maybe Knowledge (Arcana), or Knowledge (Nature)? Survival, and give the Fire Diplomacy to make up for it?

Fair enough.

Probably a good idea.

Still might be a little strong, but better. Although, you ought to change the table to reflect that.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Let's give this a try...

Warforged Charger

Spoiler
    Show
    HD:d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +0 | +2|+0 |+0| Warforged body, Composite Plating, Slam, Fortification, Str+1, Con+1
    2| +1| +3|+0 |+0 | Damage Reduction, Str+1, Con+1
    3| +2| +3|+1| +1| Heavy Strike, Str+1, Con+1
    4| +3| +4| +1|+1 | Growth, Str+1, Con+1
    5| +3| +4| +1| +1| Forceful Charge, Str+1, Con+1[/TABLE]

Skills: 4+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Its class skills are spot, listen, climb, jump, swim, intimidate, tumble.

Proficiencies: Warforged chargers are proficient with their own natural weapons. Warforged chargers are proficient with their plating, but no other armor and not with shields.

Features:

Warforged body: the warforged charger loses all other racial bonuses, and gains living construct traits, medium size, and a base speed of 30 feet.

Living construct traits:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, nausea, disease, fatigue, exhaustion, sickening, and energy drain.
    • Does not eat, sleep, or breathe.
    • Does not naturally heal. Conjuration (healing) effects only heal 1/2 the normal amount.
    • From -1 to -9 hit points, is inert instead of dying.
    • Can be healed by an 8 hour craft check (DC 15, damage healed equals check - 15) using armorcrafting, blacksmithing, gemcutting, or sculpting.

Composite Plating: The warforged charger's plating functions as light armor providing a +2 armor bonus with no maximum Dexterity bonus to AC or armor check penalties but with a 5% arcane spell failure chance. The armor bonus increases by +1 for every 2 hit dice he has. His plating may be magically enhanced as if it was masterwork light armor.

Slam: A warforged charger gains two slam attacks that deal 1d4 damage. For every 4 hit dice that he has, the base damage increases by 1 step. His slams may be magically enhanced (as two separate weapons) as if they were masterwork manufactured weapons.

Fortification: A warforged charger's plating provides him with light fortification (25% chance to negate sneak attacks or critical hits). When he reaches 5 hit dice, this improves to moderate fortification (75% chance to negate sneak attacks or critical hits). At 10 hit dice, this further improves to heavy fortification (immunity to sneak attacks and critical hits).

Ability score increase: A warforged charger gains +1 Str and +1 Con for each level in this class.

Damage reduction: Equal to half his HD; the damage reduction is overcome by adamantine.

Heavy Strike: The warforged charger's slam attacks are considered adamantine for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Growth:The warforged charger grows to large size. His AC, bonus to hit, grapple, base slam damage (which stacks with the normal increases to his Slam ability), and skill modifiers change accordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Forceful Charge: When taking a charge action, a warforged charger may make attack a single creature with both of his slam attacks. If both slams hit the target, he may make a bull rush attempt against that opponent as a free action (and a continuation of the charge, if he has movement left and wishes to move with the opponent).

Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1 is essentially a standard warforged, with different ability modifiers. By level 5, it has all of the warforged charger qualities, but again with different ability modifiers.

From a "fluff" standpoint, a level 1 warforged charger is a "fresh" creation that is still growing -- not only does it increase in size and strength, but its plating continues to harden over time.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show

2010-11-10
    • Changed armor to scale with level, but more slowly, and removed additional ACP, max Dex, and ASF restrictions; explicitly noted that plating may be enhanced.
    • Changed slam attacks to simply grow by HD
    • Fortification scales by HD, not class level
    • Removed Powerful Charge feat
    • Added Forceful Charge ability

Last edited by Duke of URL; 2010-11-10 at 12:39 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota