Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    I wouldn't know what prerequisites to require. What would you suggest.
    Something along these lines;

Special: Must have heratige tracing to one of the elemental planes

OR

Knowledge(the planes): 8 ranks
    Special: Must perform a ritual requiring the aid of a willing elemental of the appropriate element

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

'Heritage tracing to the appropriate elemental plane' might be nicer. Just to avoid potential abuse.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

Charger: I don't like the armor penalties... Your supposed to get stronger as you level not weaker. How about a max Dex of your charger levels squared (min= 2) and a penalty of 5 - charger levels?

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I agree with Rumel. I don't much like the ASF either.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground

I like how the Warforged Charger goes from Warforged to Charger, but I feel the class is over all lacking, not in power or balance, but in fun new things to do. That seems to be our M.O. around here is to toss in some interesting but not to powerful combat thingies. But Balance wise it seems solid to me.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

6. - Top - End - #1026

Current list.

Unfinished Monsters by Original Post Date
    Spoiler
    Show

Water Elemental2 - 10/02/2010
    Elder Treant3 - 10/03/2010
    Soulspark1 - 10/06/2010
    Living Spell3 - 10/10/2010
    Malebranche2 - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor2 - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON2 - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon2 - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu2 - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger1 - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm2 - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn1 - 10/23/2010
    Giths2 - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem2 - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion1 - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle2 - 10/27/2010
    Maug1 - 10/29/2010
    Saint1 - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat2 - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor1 - 10/30/2010
    Death Knight1 - 10/31/2010 [Revised Class]
    Osyluth (Bone Devil)2 - 10/31/2010
    Illurien2 - 11/04/2010
    Shade2 - 11/04/2010
    Half-Elemental1 - 11/07/2010
    Warforged Charger1 - 11/07/2010
    Were-elephant1 - 11/11/2010

1: Awaiting critique or approval from Gorgondantess, or discussion from everyone.
    2: Has been critiqued by Gorgondantess or other approved members (Hyudra, ChumpLump), and is awaiting the user to make the requested changes or otherwise edit.
    3: Abandoned, either temporarily or permanently.
    Linked Numbers: If the number next to the class is a link, that means that it leads either to the current critique of the class (If the number is a 2) or to a post with the proposed changes by the user (If the number is a 1).
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-11 at 05:24 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've made changes to increase the bleakborn's power. I'm awaiting feedback about them

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

8. - Top - End - #1028

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    I've made changes to increase the bleakborn's power. I'm awaiting feedback about them
    Okay, added that to the list. Just a note of reference, Crafty was not nagging for an answer, but simply notifying me so I could edit.

Also, the Saint has been changed as per your requests.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-09 at 03:04 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Magicyop, Do you mind using this link for my maug and my death knignt, The other ones are the non finshed ones.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Magicyop, Do you mind using this link for my maug and my death knignt, The other ones are the non finshed ones.
    This is something I will gladly do.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm currently working on the Pseudonatural Creature. It'll be a 13 level template class, and trust me when I say it will be epic. A delightful work.
    And it's all running smoothly, except for one thing: the picture. For the life of me, I can't find a decent picture, anywhere at all. It is... quite vexing, to say the least. As such, I hereby open

The Psuedonatural Creature Picture Contest!
    That's right, people, a picture contest. Here's how it'll go down: whoever wants to participate can PM me up to three pictures that you think should go on the pseudonatural creature. After either 48 hours or when I find one that I like- whichever one comes last- I'll choose a winner. Not only will the picture of your choice go on one of my favorite templates, but as an added bonus, yours truly will make the creature of your choice into an improved monster class. Any creature, from CR 1/30th to 30 to 30,000, I will make for you. And not only will I make the creature, but I promise, despite my eternal phlegmatic attitude, it will be finished within the week. But wait, there's more- I will make it by your guidelines- whatever ability you've always wanted to see on whatever monster you've always wanted to see, you'll get it. Note that I'll only accept general ideas, but I will stay true to whatever spirit you desire.
    Without further ado, get googling!

EDIT: It occurs to me that many people on this thread would just make whatever creature they want to be made. As such, for those skilled monster-class-creators of you out there, I will revise any class that you think isn't any good by your guidelines (unless I think it's already perfect, that is, but there are scant few classes that qualify for that. Only one of them happens to be my own. And no, I won't tell you which one that is.)
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-11-09 at 09:22 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

12. - Top - End - #1032

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    So, I'm currently working on the Pseudonatural Creature. It'll be a 13 level template class, and trust me when I say it will be epic. A delightful work.
    And it's all running smoothly, except for one thing: the picture. For the life of me, I can't find a decent picture, anywhere at all. It is... quite vexing, to say the least. As such, I hereby open

The Psuedonatural Creature Picture Contest!
    That's right, people, a picture contest. Here's how it'll go down: whoever wants to participate can PM me up to three pictures that you think should go on the pseudonatural creature. After either 48 hours or when I find one that I like- whichever one comes last- I'll choose a winner. Not only will the picture of your choice go on one of my favorite templates, but as an added bonus, yours truly will make the creature of your choice into an improved monster class. Any creature, from CR 1/30th to 30 to 30,000, I will make for you. And not only will I make the creature, but I promise, despite my eternal phlegmatic attitude, it will be finished within the week. But wait, there's more- I will make it by your guidelines- whatever ability you've always wanted to see on whatever monster you've always wanted to see, you'll get it. Note that I'll only accept general ideas, but I will stay true to whatever spirit you desire.
    Without further ado, get googling!
    Sounds awesome, and that's a fantastic prize. I'll get my google-fu reflexes warmed up, because I know EXACTLY what creature I love but don't really feel skilled enough to make.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-09 at 10:16 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Daeva

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+0 |+2 |Celestial Body, Daeva Spirit I
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 |Angel, +1 Str
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3|Astral Skin, +1 Con
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 |Daeva Magic, +1 Cha
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Tongues, Flight
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Daeva Spirit II, +1 Str
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Change Shape, Celestial Awareness, +1 Con
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5|Daeva Spirit III, +1 Cha
    9| +9| +6|+3 |+6| Growth, +1 Wis
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 | Protective Aura, +1 Str
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 |Daeva Spirit IV, +1 Con
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 |Improved Celestial Awareness, +1 Cha
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| Assume Mantle, +1 Wis
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Daeva Spirit V, +1 Str
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| Regeneration, +1 Con
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10| Daeva Spirit VI
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | Assume Mantle II, +1 Cha
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | Daeva Spirit VII, +1 Str
    19 | +19| +11| +6| +11| Solar, +1 Con
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Epic Champion of Good, +1 Str, +1 Con
    [/TABLE]
    Skills: 4+int modifier per level, class skills are Concentration, Diplomacy, Knowledge (Any), Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot & Use Rope.

Proficiencies: Simple and Martial weapons, a single one or two handed non-reach exotic weapon of its choice, and its own natural weapons.

Celestial Body: The Daeva loses all other racial bonuses and becomes a medium outsider, gaining darkvision 60' and 2 slam attacks dealing 1d8+str modifier damage each, as well as a 30' move speed. This increases to 40' by 3 HD, and 50' by 6 HD. It has a natural armor bonus equal to its wisdom modifier.

Daeva Spirit:
    The Daeva gains a number of SLAs based on its level of Daeva Spirit. SLA DCs are (10+1/2 HD+Cha Mod).
    All SLAs are usable 1/X times per day per HD, where X is the spell's highest spell level. Minimum 1.
    I: Cure Light Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Remove Fear, Guidance, Summon Monster I
    II: Aid, Continual Flame, Invisibility, Remove Disease, Resist Energy, Speak With Dead
    III: Charm Monster, Dimensional Anchor, Dispel Magic (Greater at 12 HD), Holy Smite, Remove Curse, Summon Monster IV
    IV: Blade Barrier, Commune, Heal, Permanency, Waves of Fatigue
    V: Animate Objects, Power Word: Blind, Resurrection, Summon Monster VII
    VI: Earthquake, Mass Charm Monster, Greater Restoration, Power Word: Stun, Prismatic Spray
    VII: Imprisonment, Power Word: Kill, True Resurrection, Summon Monster IX
    The Solar must pay for all expensive material components, or alternately sacrifice an amount of XP equal to 1/5 the cost of the material components.

Angel: At 2nd level, the Daeva gains acid & cold resistance as well as a bonus to saves against poison or petrification equal to its HD and electricity & fire resistance equal to 1/2 its HD.
    Its natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, is considered good for the purposes of DR.

Ability Scores: The Daeva gains +1 to strength at 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, 18th & 20th level, a +1 bonus to constitution at 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, 19th & 20th level, a +1 bonus to charisma at 4th, 8th, 12th & 17th level and finally a +1 bonus to wisdom at 9th & 13th level for a total of +6 str, +6 con, +4 cha & +2 wis.

Astral Skin: The Daeva gains DR/Evil equal to 1/2 its HD and SR equal to 11+HD.

Daeva Magic: The Daeva gains the ability to cast as a cleric equal to its Daeva levels-3. It does not gain any other cleric class abilities, including domains or spontaneous casting, and uses charisma to determine max spell level, DCs & spells per day as opposed to wisdom. As of now, it can fill its bonus domain spells with any cure or inflict spells.
    If the Daeva previously had any sort of divine casting, it may choose to lose that casting and add all other casting levels to its Daeva Magic casting. Spellcasting progression PrCs advance Daeva magic as normal.

Tongues (su): The Daeva gains the effects of a permanent tongues spell.

Flight: The Daeva gains a fly speed equal to 10' per HD and with (good) maneuverability.

Change Shape (su): The Daeva can assume the form of any small or medium humanoid as the change shape supernatural ability a number of times per day equal to its wisdom modifier, and may remain in a certain shape indefinitely.

Celestial Awareness (su): The Daeva gains the following spells, always active on its person:
    Detect Evil (can concentrate as a free action), Detect Snares & Pits, and See Invisibility.
    These can be dispelled, though they may be reactivated as a free action.

Growth: The Daeva grows to large size, gaining all associated bonuses & penalties. Its natural armor bonus increases by one.

Protective Aura (su): Effectively a permanent magic circle against evil & globe of invulnerability, the latter of which affects spells of a level equal to (1/2 HD)-3. The deflection & saving throw bonus afforded by the magic circle against evil is equal to the Daeva's wisdom modifier.

Improved Celestial Awareness: The Daeva gains Discern Lies & True Seeing in addition to the other spells afforded by Celestial Awareness.

Assume Mantle: The Daeva gains one domain for its cleric casting. It may choose any domain but Darkness or Death.

Regeneration: The Daeva gains regeneration equal to its wisdom modifier. It takes normal damage from evil weapons or spells or effects with the evil descriptor.

Assume Mantle II: The Solar gains an additional domain for its cleric casting.

Solar: At 19th level, the Daeva ascends to the ranks of the Solars. It gains the sun domain for its cleric casting, or if it already has the sun domain, any other domain of its choice. Additionally, a number of times per day equal to its wisdom modifier, the Solar may make any attack a slaying attack. This must be declared before the attack is made. If it hits, the enemy must succeed on a DC (10+1/2 HD+Wis mod) fort save or die instantly. Evil creatures take -1 to this save, and evil outsiders take -2. The Solar may only make one attack a slaying attack per round.

Epic Champion of Good: At 20th level, the Daeva's DR changes to DR/Epic & Evil, all attacks are considered epic for the purposes of damage reduction, and its regeneration is only overcome by both epic & evil attacks or spells or abilities.

True Solar- Epic PrC (sortof).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Requirements: Solar class ability, good alignment, Assumed Mantles chosen from Air, Destruction, Good, Law, or War.
    HD: d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+2 |+2 |Improved Daeva Magic, +1 Wis
    2| +2| +3|+3 |+3 |Dancing Weapons, +1 Cha
    3| +3| +3|+3| +3|Wish, +1 Wis, +1 Cha[/table]
    Skills: 8+int mod per level. Class skills: Concentration, Craft (All), Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot.

Improved Daeva Magic: Each level of the True Solar class improves the Daeva's Daeva Magic ability by one level.

Ability Score Increases: The True Solar gains +1 Wis at level 1 and 3 and +1 Cha at level 2 and 3 for a total of +2 wis and +2 cha.

Dancing Weapons: Any melee weapon the True Solar wields gains the dancing property.

Wish: At 3rd level, the True Solar gains Wish as an SLA, usable once per day. It may only be used to benefit others and never for selfish cause.

Just a little something I figured needed to be done. A little vanilla, but, eh, it's a solar. It'll replace the angel class once it's up and running. Any comments?
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-12-04 at 04:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Will you be leaving the old Planetar/Solar class on the list?

Compared to the old one I think it looks much more balanced, as the Cleric of Level-3 is of quite a bit less power than HD=Level, which opens up the door for the stat boosts and actually having natural armor. It makes playing one from 1-20+ less of a straight cleric replacement (cause honestly, why play cleric if you can go Solar?).

If they have levels in Cleric and then start Daeva, what happens? Continue casting as cleric or warp it over to charisma based?
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Ok, on the Warforged Charger, based on the suggestions, let me run these changes by everyone:

Improved Construction: (level 3) The warforged charger's slam attacks are considered adamantine for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. His plating hardens, increasing his armor bonus to +4.

Superior Construction: (level 5) The warforged charger's plating hardens further, increasing to a +6 armor bonus. His base slam damage increases to 1d8, and is further enhanced by one step at 8 hit dice and every 4 hit dice thereafter (i.e., 2d6 at 8 HD, 3d6 at 12 HD, 4d6 at 16 HD, and 6d6 at 20 HD).

That is, it loses some of the AC bonus compared to the MM3 version, but doesn't have to worry about maximum Dex, ACP, ASF, or a speed reduction due to medium/heavy armor. Reasonable?

Also, what would everyone suggest as additional abilities, if this base version seems too "vanilla"?
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2010-11-10 at 07:09 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

On the subject of the pseudonatural creature contest: hint: I'm looking for a more human creature. Not a mass of tentacles.
    Because of this, I'll allow any number of pictures you want. Within reason.

Tacitus: No, I will not- it's meant as a replacement, not a new class. Answered on the casting. Also, on the picture contest- if you can edit it out tactfully, that would be a viable option.

Warforged Charger: First of all, granting bonus feats as a class ability is generally frowned upon. The reason for this is that we don't want to be giving something that anybody can get regardless of taking levels in the class.
    Secondly, note that the iron golem does not take stuff like ACP. I'd just give it armor scaling like the iron golem and not make getting a breastplate become a class ability- again, anyone can wear a breastplate. State that its armor can be enchanted. Fortification should scale by HD, one ability.
    Now. It's a warforged charger. So capitalize on that! Give it cool charging abilities, like a free bull rush on a charge, a free knocking prone ability, maybe some variant on pounce, go wild!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ettin in the Playground

Half Elemental:
    Water's water spout is a bit... lame. 5d6 damage at level 20 is something to sneeze at- maybe make it knock enemies prone as well?
    Air should not be getting wisdom, as it doesn't use wisdom for anything. Same with water.
    Other than that, looks okay, I think. Might be a little powerful, though- just a bit. +4 to ability scores is a little much- I'd pare it down to a total of +2 to one ability score.

Soulspark: In retrospect, I don't like giving it polymorph.

Saint: Get rid of the constitution bonus. It's ugly.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I've limited the polymorph to humanoid creatures. Seem reasonable now?
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Warforged Charger updated, based on ideas from feedback.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

Half Elemental:
    Water's water spout is a bit... lame. 5d6 damage at level 20 is something to sneeze at- maybe make it knock enemies prone as well?
    Air should not be getting wisdom, as it doesn't use wisdom for anything. Same with water.
    Other than that, looks okay, I think. Might be a little powerful, though- just a bit. +4 to ability scores is a little much- I'd pare it down to a total of +2 to one ability score.
    All changes done

21. - Top - End - #1041

Saint: Get rid of the constitution bonus. It's ugly.
    Okay.

The Saint has been edited as per your requests.

Also, did you get my second set of submissions for the Pseudonatural Picture contest? I just want to make sure because it seems like sometimes my private messages on this site aren't received by people.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

So the fire elemental has an ability that says:

Flame Skin (Ex): At 4th level, The elemental gains DR/-, equal its 1/2 HD. Additionally, Creatures hitting a fire elemental with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage and are subject to being caught on fire as though they were hit with the.
    What's meant to follow 'the'?
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    What's meant to follow 'the'?
    "the elemental's slam attack."

Fixed. Sorry about that, please let me know about any more errors.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Growth: The Daeva grows to large size, gaining all associated bonuses & penalties. Its natural armor bonus increases by one.
    From what i understand this means
    +2 str,-2dex, -1ac and attack. More reach, bonus and penalty's on some skills.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Alright Team Monster, I've got a makeover emergency for the lot of you. Our little friend the Svirfniblin is -woefully- underpowered. Standard Gnome abilities, -4 Cha, and all for the low, low price of LA+3. Think you can save him, doctor?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Alright Team Monster, I've got a makeover emergency for the lot of you. Our little friend the Svirfniblin is -woefully- underpowered. Standard Gnome abilities, -4 Cha, and all for the low, low price of LA+3. Think you can save him, doctor?
    Are you talking about this one?

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

From what i understand this means
    +2 str,-2dex, -1ac and attack. More reach, bonus and penalty's on some skills.
    Emmm... there's a table in the OP. That's what I'm talking about.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry to sound impatient or anything, but could I have a review of my class soon?
    I'm going to use it in this and I think people will join pretty fast.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Are you talking about this one?

Yes. Yes it apparently is.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post

Yes. Yes it apparently is.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!
    would you prefer the truth or a lie?
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.