Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Okeliedokelie.

Half Elemental: The earth elemental's stability is a bit specific... why not make it, bullrush attempts or to resist being knocked prone?
    Ability increases should be listed at 1st level.
    Most of these heritage template classes have a "ritual" in the prerequisites that allow those without the proper fluff to enter the class.
    Otherwise, looks OK.

Okay, I'll make stability less specific and move the ability increases.

what should the ritual be? I don't know anything about rituals...

Ragewalker: ohhhhhh boy.
    First of all, grafted armor should be moved to 1st level.
    Secondly... ehhhh. It's far too complicated for such a simple ability. Why not just make it similar to the golem's armor?
    As for initiating: yeah, you can say in the body ability that Ragewalker levels are considered initiating levels.

I'm not very good at writing abilities I know, but I didn't think that grafted armor was all that complicated. You get a free set of armor with no penalties. You can upgrade that armor by putting better armor into it, even magic armor.

It may be complicated but I kind of like it the way it is. Though if you insist I will change it.

Does blood frenzy allow casting SLAs? Also, it's a bit powerful as a stance- it's essentially a permanent free +4 str +4 dex +10' move.

No, it shouldn't. How about I remove the +4 dex.

Versatile blade magic is... far too powerful. Free quicken on all SLAs? Free maximize on all SLAs? Good idea, but it needs to be much more limited. A free quicken 1/day, maybe adding charisma bonus to damage with all SLAs, things along those lines.

I'm not sure, but there is a limit on the abilities. at the end of each ability it describes how often they can be used.

Control Living Spell is far too situational to be given as the only ability for 1 level. What might be better is- now be careful with this one- a living spell companion. Let's see about it once the living spell class is finished.

Okay, it is a weak and situational ability. It was moved down to second level and replaced with spell companion.

Induce Blood Frenzy is potentially a bad thing- for example, if you're fighting a single powerful bruiser enemy, the ragewalker won't want to enter his stance.
    Now, I know I say this a lot, but maybe make it a gaze attack? The mechanics for them are pretty applicable to stuff like this. At least copy them if you're not going to call it a gaze attack- it'd work.

I turned it into a gaze attack, not strong on how gaze attacks work so double check it.

Other than that... not sure about the awaken magic ability, but I'll leave it alone for now.
    Okay there you go.

Edit: Also added DR, SR, and FH which I forgot to put in earlier.
    Last edited by AustontheGreat1; 2010-11-15 at 09:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lycanthropes: Large size at 1st level? No. Follow the same progression as all the other lycanthropes- if you want something that makes it particularly elephant-y, give something like powerful build.

Otherwise, Chump, I fully agree with you on all other points. You have permission to revise those if you don't get an answer.
    Thankyou sir. How long should I give Flarbot and un_known to respond?

I still have an out-standing monster project.
    Oops.
    Well Ya'll at least have until I finish the Gith, and Revamping my Lycans.

Wereraptor: I don't like giving it the pulverize thing. I'm just not a fan of the ability. If you like it, though... well, go ahead.
    Anyways.
    Why not give it a bite attack? At all?
    And... the only reason ever to use animal form is a 60 foot move speed. That's a problem.
    Raptor teamwork is a little underwhelming. It's also poorly worded.
    I personally thing the Pulverize ability works in this instance, but I would be more interested to see something more Ambushy. But that's just me. Balance-wise it seems legit.

Huh, actually the Raptor should have the 60ft speed movement in Hybrid form as well...
    There never has been a statistically good reason to be an animal as a Lycanthrope. Ever.
    It's always been a flavor thing.
    Well, there is the +10 Disguise Bonus to appear as a normal animal of the type. As per Alternate Form

I don't disagree that animal form should have its own cool ability though.
    In fact I think that would be a fun thing to 'Fix' the underwhelming L.3 Ability of Lycans, if they gains a 'Animal Only Power'

It involves a lot of revamping, which I am fine with, if you would prefer it. If the project would prefer it.
    I am in favor of it, but I am not the only one who would have to do more work because of it. Thoughts?

As For the Bite attack? I don't know, I really don't know whatAnimal this is based on, but a bite would be appropriate, for certain.

Third level abilities of the Lycanthropes tend to be Underwhelming in generally, usually they don't get much at all at third level. Soemthing flavorful, but not terribly tipping.

Magicyop: why do you have to make crazy long and complicated classes? I'll get to this one later, though others are free to comment for now.
    To be fair I built the Crazy long complicated class, and Magicyop cleaned it up a fair bit.
    But, just think! 1 less Crazy Complicated Class for the project to finish!

On an unrelated note, I want to give a huge thanks to Magicyop who has made my job as a Lycan critic a hell of a lot easier with his fancy 'What Dun' Need ta be Done' table. Thank you, sir.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

3. - Top - End - #1143

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    To be fair I built the Crazy long complicated class, and Magicyop cleaned it up a fair bit.

On an unrelated note, I want to give a huge thanks to Magicyop who has made my job as a Lycan critic a hell of a lot easier with his fancy 'What Dun' Need ta be Done' table. Thank you, sir.
    Thank you. I'm just quite glad that the list is helpful.

Unfinished Monsters by Original Post Date
    Spoiler
    Show

Water Elemental3 - 10/02/2010
    Elder Treant3 - 10/03/2010
    Thunderbird3 - 10/05/2010
    Malebranche3 - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor3 - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON3 - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon2 - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu2 - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger1 - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm2 - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn2 - 10/23/2010
    Giths2 - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem2 - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion2 - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle2 - 10/27/2010
    Maug1 - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat2 - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor2 - 10/30/2010
    Death Knight1 - 10/31/2010 [Revised Class]
    Osyluth (Bone Devil)3 - 10/31/2010
    Illurien2 - 11/04/2010
    Shade2 - 11/04/2010
    Half-Elemental1 - 11/07/2010
    Warforged Charger1 - 11/07/2010
    Were-elephant1 - 11/11/2010
    Gerivar3 - 11/12/2010
    Warforged Octopus1 - 11/13/2010
    Ragewalker1 - 11/14/2010
    Anarchic Creature2 - 11/14/2010
    Living Spell1 - 11/14/2010 [Originally By ChumpLump]
    Valkyrie1 - 11/15/2010

1: Awaiting critique or approval from Gorgondantess or other approved members(Hyudra, ChumpLump), or discussion from everyone.
    2: Has been critiqued by Gorgondantess or other approved members (Hyudra, ChumpLump), and is awaiting the user to make the requested changes or otherwise edit.
    3: Abandoned, either temporarily or permanently.
    Linked Numbers: If the number next to the class is a link, that means that it leads either to the current critique of the class (If the number is a 2) or to a post with the proposed changes by the user (If the number is a 1).
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-15 at 09:14 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Brittle stike and Frost nova changed to dexterity damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Anarchic Creature: Eh. Worst template ever. First of all, if you're going to do this, I'm going to ask you to make an (X alignment) creature template, as they're all the same.
    That seems pretty simple to do. What would be a decent name for it? Planar Creature?

Secondly, it really needs to be spiced up. As is, it's a horrible, horrible template. There should be unique abilities to each one representing its alignment. If you don't want to tackle that, I'll do it myself.
    Alright, I'll think of some extra stuff for it.

6. - Top - End - #1146

Gith Improved.
    'Zerai given 2 more PLA

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Orc in the Playground

Thankyou sir. How long should I give Flarbot and un_known to respond?

I still have an out-standing monster project.
    Oops.
    Well Ya'll at least have until I finish the Gith, and Revamping my Lycans.

I personally thing the Pulverize ability works in this instance, but I would be more interested to see something more Ambushy. But that's just me. Balance-wise it seems legit.

Huh, actually the Raptor should have the 60ft speed movement in Hybrid form as well...
    There never has been a statistically good reason to be an animal as a Lycanthrope. Ever.
    It's always been a flavor thing.
    Well, there is the +10 Disguise Bonus to appear as a normal animal of the type. As per Alternate Form

I don't disagree that animal form should have its own cool ability though.
    In fact I think that would be a fun thing to 'Fix' the underwhelming L.3 Ability of Lycans, if they gains a 'Animal Only Power'

It involves a lot of revamping, which I am fine with, if you would prefer it. If the project would prefer it.
    I am in favor of it, but I am not the only one who would have to do more work because of it. Thoughts?

As For the Bite attack? I don't know, I really don't know whatAnimal this is based on, but a bite would be appropriate, for certain.

Third level abilities of the Lycanthropes tend to be Underwhelming in generally, usually they don't get much at all at third level. Soemthing flavorful, but not terribly tipping.

Hurra! I actually have someone defending my work
    Anyways, I like pulverize, but I'm probably going to go and make animal form more worthwhile.
    EDIT: This is based off of the Deiniouchus (probably misspelled) by the way.
    EDIT #2: I gave a bite attack and changed pulverize up a bit. I edited the pg. 29 one if you need to know.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-11-15 at 03:45 PM.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Wereraptor

Bite attack should happen at first level with Alternate form.

Language needs some serious cleaning on 'Raptor adaptability' and 'Raptor teamwork.'

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Orc in the Playground

Wereraptor

Bite attack should happen at first level with Alternate form.

Language needs some serious cleaning on 'Raptor adaptability' and 'Raptor teamwork.'
    OK. Going to fix it up in a bit, can't right now.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I think I've got the Valkyrie (ToB) finished up.

*Waits for Soulspark to be accepted*
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

11. - Top - End - #1151

Shouldnt the skeleton suppost to be a template? Beacuse if i recall correctly, Any creature that has bones is able to beacome a skeleton.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-15 at 08:11 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can someone point out to me what the value is for the Anaxim's Hit Die is?

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Brittle stike and Frost nova changed to dexterity damage.
    'Kay. It looks okay, but I'm still not positive- anyone else have comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    That seems pretty simple to do. What would be a decent name for it? Planar Creature?
    Works for me.

Gith Improved.
    'Zerai given 2 more PLA
    Hmmm... I'd like you to exchange escape detection for something more... useful. 'Yanki is still getting psionic dimension door, which is pretty much the best possible PLA you could've given it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    Well, I think I've got the Valkyrie (ToB) finished up.

*Waits for Soulspark to be accepted*
    Looks good! I'll add it.

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Shouldnt the skeleton suppost to be a template? Beacuse if i recall correctly, Any creature that has bones is able to beacome a skeleton.
    It's an awakened human skeleton class. The thing is, it becomes a skeleton and loses its mind, then becomes awakened and gains a whole new mind. So... no, it's a race.

Quote Originally Posted by The Antigamer View Post
    Can someone point out to me what the value is for the Anaxim's Hit Die is?
    It's a construct, so d10.
    Also, Draken... are you still waiting on critiques from me, or am I waiting for you to finish changing it?

Chumplump: I'd like you to write up some Lycan-building guidelines, and make a really, really standardized Lycan. Forget every lycan class made- they can be revised. I want both animal and hybrid form to be worthwhile. I want standardized growth tables. I want X ability at level X to be usable in X form (so for example, the third level ability usable in animal form only). You have permission to revise any lycanthrope classes on the list- any who don't want theirs to be revised by Chump, speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Sound good? Write up some guidelines, and I'll include it in the first post.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-11-15 at 08:48 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

Valkyrie

Spoiler
    Show

HD: D8
    Skill Points: 2+Int (X4 at first level)
    Skills: Balance, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (The Planes), Martial Lore, Survival and Tumble.
    Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: A Valkyrie is proficient with all simple and martial weapons plus a single one-handed or light non-reach exotic weapon of her choice. A Valkyrie is also proficient with light armour and shields (but not tower shields).

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Features
    1|+0|+2|+2|+0|Body of Battle, Sonic Burst, +1 Str
    2|+1|+3|+3|+0|Maneuvers, +1 Con
    3|+2|+3|+3|+1|Battle Skin, +1 Dex
    4|+3|+4|+4|+1|Growth, +1 Str
    5|+3|+4|+4|+1|Storm Rider, +1 Con
    6|+4|+5|+5|+2|Lightning Gaze Stance, +1 Dex
    7|+5|+5|+5|+2|Duelist, +1 Str
    8|+6|+6|+6|+2|Electrical Weaponry, +1 Con
    9|+6|+6|+6|+3|Lady of the Storm[/table]

Body of Battle:
    The Valkyrie loses all racial features and becomes an outsider with the chaotic subtype. A Valkyrie has a base land speed of 30ft. The Valkyrie gains darkvision out to 60 feet. It gains a natural slam attack that deals 1d6+Str damage. It has two wings but they are unable to do anything for now.

Additionally, the Valkrie receives a natural armour bonus equal to its constitution modifier.

Sonic Burst: (Su)
    At 1st level, a Valkyrie is able to release a thunderclap so deadly and powerful it can cripple lesser creatures. As a swift action, the Valkyrie may clap its hands together to create a powerful thunderclap. Creatures within 10ft + 5ft/HD must make a reflex save (DC = 10 + HD + Cha Modifier) or take 1d4 sonic damage per HD of the Valkyrie. From second level onward, using Sonic Burst causes a single readied maneuver of the Valkyrie's choice to become expended.

Maneuvers:
    At 2nd level, a Valkyrie gains the ability to initiate maneuvers. Her initiator level is equal to her Valkyrie levels. When it gains this ability, the Valkyrie picks four disciplines. The Valkyrie gains a new maneuver at every even-numbered level from any of its chosen discilpines. At each level the Valkyrie gains the ability to use any maneuver it knows once per encounter. At 3nd and 7th levels, the Valkyrie gains knowledge of a single stance from its chosen disciplines.

Battle Skin: (Ex)
    At 3rd level, the Valkyrie's skin has become so hardened by battle, it begins to resist blows and magic alike. The Valkyrie gains DR/Cold Iron equal to three-quarters its HD (rounded down). It also gains SR equal to 11 + HD.

Growth:
    At 4th level, the Valkyrie becomes large size, gaining all the bonuses and penalties associated with that.

Storm Rider: (Ex)
    At 5th level, a Valkyrie learns to battle the elements themselves and gains resistance to cold, electricity and sonic equal to its HD. This becomes immunity at 15HD.

Additionally, it becomes able to use its wings and gains a fly speed equal to 5ft/HD with perfect maneuverability. It also gains two wing slam attacks dealing 1d4+ Str damage.

Lightning Gaze Stance
    At 6th level, a Valkyrie becomes able to channel the fury of the storm into its gaze. As a swift action, it may forgo the regular benefits of a stance it is and instead acquire a gaze attack with a range of 10ft +5ft/HD that grants a reflex save (DC = 10 + HD + Cha Modifier) or take 1d6 electricity per 3 HD of the Valkyrie. Once the save has been made successfully, the target is immune to the Valkyrie's Lightning Gaze for 24 hours.

Duelist: (Ex)
    At 7th level, the Valkyrie learns how to coerce her foes into facing her in one-on-one combat. Once per encounter per 4HD, the Valkyrie may target a single opponent within 30ft + 5ft/HD as a swift action. For a number of rounds equal to the Valkyrie's charisma modifier, the target of this ability receives a luck penalty equal to the Valkyrie's charisma modifier to all attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks and ability checks when not used against the Valkyrie. Additionally, the save DC and caster level for any spell or spell-like ability used against any creature but the Valkyrie is reduced by a number equal to the Valkyrie's charisma modifier. This is a non-magical, mind-affecting, language-dependant ability.

When used against this opponent, the Valkyrie's gains the ability to use her readied strikes a number of additional times equal to her HD before they are expended. Her counters and boosts are expended as normal.

Electrical Weaponry: (Su)
    At 8th level, a Valkyrie learns to empower its weapons with lightning, causing them to crash in glorious battle. As a swift action, any weapons wielded (including natural or unarmed attacks) by the Valkyrie deal an additional 1d6 electricity damage for every 2HD of the Valkyrie until the end of the turn. Using this ability expends a maneuver.

Lady of the Storm Stance
    At 9th level, the Valkyrie has become the ultimate incarnation of the storm. As a swift action, it may forgo the regular benefits of a stance it is and instead it is granted the benefit of permanent Wind Wall effect in a hemisphere in front of the Valkyrie. Additionally, the Valkyrie gains 20% +2% per HD concealment against any foe she is fighting in melee combat while in this stance.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

So the original Valkyrie didn't really have enough to fill 9 levels, I don't think. So I had to make the last couple of abilities up from scratch.

I tried to vary them from the original powers a little in that the original were simply damage dealing and tend to become obsolete when energy immunity is thrown around. So I tried to make the last 2 more tactical and utility-based while still keeping with the master of single combat theme that the Valkyrie has.

One major concern I have is the packed 4th level, but I wasn't really sure what to do with it, so I left it how it is now to get some feedback from the more experienced folk here on what to do with it.

Any thoughts are appreciated, of course.
    Last edited by Niezck; 2010-12-01 at 07:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Valkyrie

Spoiler
    Show

HD: D8
    Skill Points: 2+Int (X4 at first level)
    Skills: Balance, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (The Planes), Martial Lore, Survival and Tumble.
    Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: A Valkyrie is proficient with all simple and martial weapons plus a single one-handed or light non-reach exotic weapon of her choice. A Valkyrie is also proficient with light armour and shields (but not tower shields).

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Class Features
    1|+0|+2|+2|+0|Body of Battle, +1 Str
    2|+1|+3|+3|+0|Maneuvers, +1 Con
    3|+2|+3|+3|+1|Sonic Burst, +1 Dex
    4|+3|+4|+4|+1|Electrical Weaponry, Growth, +1 Str
    5|+3|+4|+4|+1|Storm Rider, +1 Con
    6|+4|+5|+5|+2|Lightning Gaze, +1 Dex
    7|+5|+5|+5|+2|Battle Skin, +1 Str
    8|+6|+6|+6|+2|Duelist, +1 Con
    9|+6|+6|+6|+3|Lady of the Storm, +1 Str, +1 Con[/table]

Body of Battle:
    The Valkyrie loses all racial features and becomes an outsider with the chaotic subtype. A Valkyrie has a base land speed of 30ft. The Valkyrie gains darkvision out to 60 feet. It gains a natural slam attack that deals 1d6+Str damage. It has two wings but they are unable to do anything for now.

Additionally, the Valkrie receives a natural armour bonus equal to its constitution modifier.

Maneuvers:
    At 2nd level, a Valkyrie gains the ability to initiate maneuvers as a Warblade of its Valkyrie levels -1. Its initiator levels is equal to its Valkyrie level. Additionally, a Valkyrie may pick maneuvers and stances only the Setting Sun, Stone Dragon and Tiger Claw disciplines.

Unlike normal, however, the Valkyrie may not regain her maneuvers in combat. To regain her maneuvers she must meditate for 5 minutes undisturbed, at which point she may re-allocate her maneuvers as she wishes and they become available to use again.
    I dont think that it should get warblade levels, Look at the ragewalker.
    Sonic Burst: (Su)
    At 3rd level, a Valkyrie is able to release a thunderclap so deadly and powerful it can cripple lesser creatures. As a swift action, the Valkyrie may clap its hands together to create a powerful thunderclap. Creatures within 10ft + 5ft/HD must make a reflex save (DC = 10 + HD + Cha Modifier) or take 1d6 sonic damage per HD of the Valkyrie. Once this has been used, the Valkyrie must wait 1d4 rounds before it can be used again.
    I think that it should either be 1d4/Hd or 1d6/2hd beacuse not alot of creatures have resistance to sonic.
    Electrical Weaponry: (Su)
    At 4th level, a Valkyrie learns to empower its weapons with lightning, causing them to crash in glorious battle. Any weapons wielded (including natural or unarmed attacks) by the Valkyrie deal an additional 1d6 electricity damage for every 4HD of the Valkyrie. This does not stack with any magical properties that grant electricity damage, such as the shocking weapon property.
    What happens with ranged and wooden weapons?
    Growth:
    At 4th level, the Valkyrie becomes large size, gaining all the bonuses and penalties associated with that.

Storm Rider: (Ex)
    At 5th level, a Valkyrie learns to battle the elements themselves and gains resistance to cold, electricity and sonic equal to its HD. This becomes immunity at 15HD.
    I dont think that there should be an immunty, not sure though.
    Additionally, it becomes able to use its wings and gains a fly speed equal to 5ft/HD with perfect maneuverability. It also gains two wing slam attacks dealing 1d4+ Str damage.

Lightning Gaze: (Su)
    At 6th level, a Valkyrie becomes able to channel the fury of the storm into its gaze. This is a gaze attack with a range of 10ft +5ft/HD that grants a reflex save (DC = 10 + HD + Cha Modifier) or take 1d6 electricity per 3 HD of the Valkyrie.

Battle Skin: (Ex)
    At 7th level, the Valkyrie's skin has become so hardened by battle, it begins to resist blows and magic alike. The Valkyrie gains DR/Cold Iron equal to three-quarters its HD (rounded down). It also gains SR equal to 11 + HD.

Duelist: (Su)
    At 8th level, the Valkyrie learns how to coerce her foes into facing her in one-on-one combat. As a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, the Valkyrie is able to single out an opponent that she can see within 10ft/HD. This opponent must make a will save DC (10 + HD + Cha Modifier) or be forced to attack the Valkyrie and only the Valkyrie for a number of rounds equal to the Valkyrie's charisma modifier.
    What happens if the creature is blinded or a constuct/ooze/undead?
    When used against this opponent, the Valkyrie's gains the ability to use her readied strikes a number of additional times equal to her HD before they are expended. Her counters and boosts are expended as normal.
    Where dose this come from, If it's from the warblade, take it out.
    Lady of the Storm: (Su)
    At 9th level, the Valkyrie has become the ultimate incarnation of the storm. As such, it is granted the benefit of permanent Wind Wall effect in a hemisphere in front of the Valkyrie. Additionally, the Valkyrie gains 1% concealment per HD against any foe she is fighting in melee combat with that does not have a fly speed, magical or otherwise.
    Why would she get a concealment?
    First review ,check with Gorgondantess
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Awww, gee Niezck, you made me forget to critique the Charger.

Anyways.
    Warforged Charger: Well, it looks alright as is. I'd prefer it if you just said "DR/adamantine equal to" under the damage reduction, and then clean up the wording on Forceful Charge. Also might want to state that that bull rush doesn't give AoO's. Also, no reason to give ASF on the armor. Also, slams should be under the "body" ability.
    But then, yeah, it's...
    Boring.
    Needs more spicing up! All of the abilities you grant aside from the forceful charge can pretty much be gotten from a really fancy piece of plate mail and a big weapon. I wouldn't spend any class levels on it- it's not very powerful, and not very interesting. Just one or two more abilities would be great. I remember there's some interesting magical items where the warforged can replace their hands with stuff like toolkits or shovels or claws. Why not give an upgrade system similar to most of the golems, and use those magical items for inspiration? Nothing really powerful, just something to make it more interesting.
    Anyways, that's just a suggestion- if you have something else in mind, please, go ahead! My influence is already far too strong on far too many of these classes already, what with people usually eating my suggestions up. Maybe they're good, but, eh, I'd like to see a little more variety.
    I'm more than willing to accept additional suggestions. I'll get around to the cleanup notes at some point -- I'm in the middle of a serious burst of book editing ATM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

17. - Top - End - #1157

Living Spell's Death Track Secret has been changed. It used to be raising Wraiths, now it creates disintegration body bombs.

Added Valkyrie to list, and removed Soulspark.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-15 at 09:22 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, reducing Sonic Burst might be an idea actually, considering how many other damaging powers it gets. 1d4/level seems about right I think.

Well, Warblade has the fewest maneuvers and stances known as far I know, because it can recover them as a swift action. Remove that ability and it's basically a very, very weak initiating class. I'll see what the others think.

Ranged and wooden weapons still get the bonus damage, there's nothing in the ability that implies they wouldn't?

The resistances become immunities simply because the creature has it.

I'll mention that the duelist power is a mind-affecting ability. It's basically meant to be a "COME FIGHT ME!" kinda thing.

The maneuver part is basically just to allow the Valkyrie to fight their duelist target more effectively, especially considering they can't normally recover maneuvers.

The concealment is due to the whole massive winds in front of her, causing a slight chance that they'll be blown off balance or whatever.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Requesting a Nightwalker class!

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Orc in the Playground

Not to be rude, but can you reword the liveing spell? I honestly can't understand the spells, Caster levels and tracks at all, if I'm just missing something obvious please tell me.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    Not to be rude, but can you reword the liveing spell? I honestly can't understand the spells, Caster levels and tracks at all, if I'm just missing something obvious please tell me.
    It would help if you specified what your issue with it is. Essentially, you gain a caster level of your HD + 1, as it explains in the Anima class feature, and you gain spell-like abilities in accordance with your chosen Track. So if I picked Antimagic as my primary track, then I would have the spell of the level specified as my primary track maximum. It doesn't use these spell-like abilities AS spell-like abilities, but rather effects all targets in their space or which they slam.

And it gains some other fringe benefits from having the track.

What's your issue? If you can't explain what the problem is, I can't fix it.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Orc in the Playground

So is the creature affected by ALL of the spells or just one he chooses... I'll relook over it.

23. - Top - End - #1163

So is the creature affected by ALL of the spells or just one he chooses... I'll relook over it.
    They are permanently active, if that's what you mean. You have a maximum of three spells in your Anima at a level 20 Living Spell: One in your primary, one in your secondary, one in your tertiary. You may elect to have less, or lower level spells, making one of your spells more powerful. Any spell currently active is a part of your Anima, and your Anima always applies to any target which you slam or engulf.

Essentially the tracks represent that in the book, there are many different living spells, and if the class was simply made to be "pick a spell", you could just be all, "I'm a living wish!" and you could change yourself in bizarre and nonsensical ways. The tracks allow you to specialize, and I think the upgrade idea is fun for balance and flavor.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Orc in the Playground

At fourth level, the Living Spell gains a Secondary Anima Track. This cannot be the same Track as its Primary Track. (It is strongly recommended that two Energy Tracks not be allowed.) At eleventh level the Living spell gains a Tertiary Anima Track. This Cannot be the same Track as its Primary or Secondary Tracks. (it is even more strongly recommended that three Energy Tracks not be allowed.)
    I just don't get this... You can get another track, but your recommended not to get one? Please explain.

25. - Top - End - #1165

I just don't get this... You can get another track, but your recommended not to get one? Please explain.
    It... never says this in the slightest! If you read what it says, it suggests you don't get more than one energy track, as it could become overpowering. ("I'm a living lightning + fireball + cone of cold! BWAHAHAHAHAA!")

At fourth level, the Living Spell gains a Secondary Anima Track. This cannot be the same Track as its Primary Track. (It is strongly recommended that two Energy Tracks not be allowed.) At eleventh level the Living spell gains a Tertiary Anima Track. This Cannot be the same Track as its Primary or Secondary Tracks. (it is even more strongly recommended that three Energy Tracks not be allowed.)
    I feel like this is made pretty clear in the Anima description. It doesn't say "You can get a secondary track, but probably shouldn't." It says, "At this level you get your second track, at this level you get your third. It is recommended that a maximum of one of these tracks is an energy track."
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-15 at 10:59 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    It... never says this in the slightest! If you read what it says, it suggests you don't get more than one energy track, as it could become overpowering. ("I'm a living lightning + fireball + cone of cold! BWAHAHAHAHAA!")

I feel like this is made pretty clear in the Anima description. It doesn't say "You can get a secondary track, but probably shouldn't." It says, "At this level you get your second track, at this level you get your third. It is recommended that a maximum of one of these tracks is an energy track."
    Oh, I get it now. It might be nice to put a "for example" if you don't mind, other than that it's awsome.

27. - Top - End - #1167

Oh, I get it now. It might be nice to put a "for example" if you don't mind, other than that it's awsome.
    Okay, great, thanks for the suggestion, I'll make it more specific. Thanks for pointing out that it was unclear.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Okay, great, thanks for the suggestion, I'll make it more specific. Thanks for pointing out that it was unclear.
    No problem (it's a creator's job ) if I didn't do this, a player would mislead a DM into a broken campaign.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Funny thing? Living Disjunction giving the party a group hug.

Just wondering though, what classes is a living spell meant to go to after being ... itself? Like most classes here have a pretty distinct path outside of the class, things they get better at by being the monster they are, but the Living Spell seems to only be able to be a living spell, since it can't use weapons or anything, presumably can't use verbal or somatic components and, well, is a massive ball of arcane energy.

Also, would something like Transmute Rock to Mud or whatever be transmuting the ground the living spell walks (or is) on etc?

And finally, and probably most importantly, how on earth can a living spell be party-friendly? For the most part it's either passively destructive or has a total inability to interact normally. (Take the disjunction one for example, you'd have to be constantly wary of standing near it or touching it plus the fact it can barely speak and use items or whatever, makes it kinda difficult to party with.)

Perhaps Telepathy may be in order? Or some kind of "anima limb" to cast spells and wield weapons etc?

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Orc in the Playground

Funny thing? Living Disjunction giving the party a group hug.

Just wondering though, what classes is a living spell meant to go to after being ... itself? Like most classes here have a pretty distinct path outside of the class, things they get better at by being the monster they are, but the Living Spell seems to only be able to be a living spell, since it can't use weapons or anything, presumably can't use verbal or somatic components and, well, is a massive ball of arcane energy.

Also, would something like Transmute Rock to Mud or whatever be transmuting the ground the living spell walks (or is) on etc?

And finally, and probably most importantly, how on earth can a living spell be party-friendly? For the most part it's either passively destructive or has a total inability to interact normally. (Take the disjunction one for example, you'd have to be constantly wary of standing near it or touching it plus the fact it can barely speak and use items or whatever, makes it kinda difficult to party with.)

Perhaps Telepathy may be in order? Or some kind of "anima limb" to cast spells and wield weapons etc?
    Or... It resembles a human, can choose who it affects and his noises could be the somatic pieces of spells?