Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Made some more changes to the Avenger, altering the Wrath ability and her proficiencies.

Turns out Blade Rend can be used with any weapon type, the only abilities with portions relying on slashing weapons are the Armaments and Implement abilities.

I've had a couple ideas for further ability tweaks, along the lines of active abilities and scaling, but if you think the class is sitting well on the power balance scale I'm fine with how things stand.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Simultaneously working on the Pseudonatural Creature, Night Hag and Wild Hunt reminded me how infinitely much more fun making monsters is than critiquing them. I'm actually starting to wonder why I started this thread. Granted, the power is nice (oh, the power. The absoLUTE POWER! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!)
    But, still, having creative leeway is awesome.
    Well, then again, I suppose I restarted this thread because I like this project, and it really is worth it, so... yeah. Nevermind.
    Anyways, I'm going to take a break off of critiquing so I can make... at least 5 or so creatures. Probably going to tackle the ultroloth and . Not for a set period of time, anyways, but I'm going to make damn well sure that y'all will be doing the lion's share of the work for me.
    Anyways. Time to institute the endorsement system.
    Read this if you want to be critiqued.

How this'll work is, if any of you think a work is perfect- any, any at all- just give it your endorsement. You do this by saying "I give (insert monster here) my endorsement!" If you don't, then say what you think is wrong with it. Before I critique a monster, I'll need the monster's creator to PM me with at least 5 quoted endorsements.
    I want people to still be making monsters, and constantly perfecting them... just want to spend my monster-making time on monsters that I'm actually interested in making.
    Oh, and because of this, go ahead and post as many creatures as you please, so long as you don't just forget about your old monsters- you do that, and I'll make sure to forget about your new ones.
    So, anyways, go ahead and either critique or give those endorsements, because I'm sure people will be more willing to give you an endorsement if they get one from you.

Chump: Giths added, lycanthrope rules are looking good.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I want to work on Illurien again so that the darn thing can finally be finished and I can move onto something else, but I can't find your critiques Gorgon.

I think they were something like "Put SR and DR at 3rd and 4th level" and something else.

Sorry I haven't been working on it. I've been....occupied. hidden meaning. Slacking off
    Avatar by the wonderful BeckyPages. My OC Curtain Call.

My Twitter account, where I will mainly post images of minis I've painted.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

To celebrate the new system... I have a new version of the list! Ta-da! Give comments and let me know if it's easier or harder to use.

Unfinished Monsters by Original Post Date
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Monster|Endorsements|Suggestions|Original Post Date|Notes

Water Elemental|||10/02/2010|

Elder Treant|||10/03/2010|
    • Abandoned

Thunderbird|||10/05/2010|
    • Abandoned

Malebranche|||10/16/2010|
    • Abandoned

Dwarf Ancestor|||10/18/2010|
    • Abandoned

SHADOWPERSON|[list][*]Magicyop||10/19/2010|

Black Dragon|||10/19/2010|

Lammasu|||10/19/2010|

Arcadian Avenger|||10/20/2010|

Purple Worm|||10/21/2010|

The Bleakborn|||10/23/2010|

Brass Golem|||10/24/2010|

The WereScorpion|||10/27/2010|

Gargoyle|||10/27/2010|

Maug|||10/29/2010|

Cheshire Cat|||10/30/2010|

Wereraptor|||10/30/2010|

Death Knight|||10/31/2010|
    • Revised Class

Osyluth (Bone Devil)|||10/31/2010|
    • Abandoned

Illurien|||11/04/2010|
    • Abandoned

Shade|||11/04/2010|

Half-Elemental|||11/07/2010|

Warforged Charger|||11/07/2010|

Were-elephant|||11/11/2010|

Gerivar|||11/12/2010|
    • Abandoned

Warforged Octopus|||11/13/2010|

Ragewalker|||11/14/2010|

Anarchic Creature|||11/14/2010|

Living Spell|||11/14/2010|
    • Originally By ChumpLump

Valkyrie|||11/15/2010|

Solamith|||11/16/2010|[/table]

How To Use: The links are either a link to the endorsement, or to the suggestion. Just click it to find the post.

What are you waiting for? Get out there and endorse/critique some monsters!

Tomorrow morning I'll post either an endorsement or a suggestion for all or most of the monster classes above. I'd very much appreciate if you did the same for the living spell-- if you like what I've done, help me out and endorse, and if not, give me suggestions on how I could make it better. Thank you, and I hope the new list works for you all.

Also, I'm not sure if I should put the lycanthrope rules in the list...?

EDIT: Illurien? The list that I posted above has a link to its critique, but the latest version is basically just, "give SR earlier", unless I missed the current critique.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-20 at 10:13 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going back to Illurien, at least for tonight, as long as I can find Gorgon's critique of it.

Never mind.

EDIT: I could have sworn Gorgon made another critique after that.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-20 at 12:23 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, the critique was essentially "Well, it looks good, except give SR earlier and it's not finished". That's it. I've seen half the class, and half the class is okay. Now please give me the other half.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Yeah, the critique was essentially "Well, it looks good, except give SR earlier and it's not finished". That's it. I've seen half the class, and half the class is okay. Now please give me the other half.
    I'm trying.

Anybody else want to critique the class so that I don't have to waste Gorgon's time? Because other than him and Lord Gareth I don't think anybody has critiqued her.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-20 at 12:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I'm trying.

Anybody else want to critique the class so that I don't have to waste Gorgon's time? Because other than him and Lord Gareth I don't think anybody has critiqued her.
    As far as I can see, as of that critique, it's good. Stop filibustering and make the damn class.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Magicyop, For the elder treant, I've changed my mind and i wont do it so please take out my name.
    Personally i think that the table is ulgy beacuse of the [list], There are too big spaces for no reason.Maybe when you get a class with more than 2 things to say you should use it.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-20 at 12:32 AM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

As far as I can see, as of that critique, it's good. Stop filibustering and make the damn class.

I'm not trying to delay anything. I want to finish the class but I have no ideas left. Except for what Lord_Gareth said here

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Well, the fluff states that she actually DOES something (beyond gaining temp HP) with those memories she drains. Maybe a temp bonus on knowledge checks? Store 'em as points used to buff her physicals temporarily? Charge SoV to gain an AC bonus?

The Atheneum Nefarious is also a trap-laden library lair. Maybe it gives a bonus to research rolls for spells/knowledges? Helps her craft magical items? Nice place for the party to lair up once in a while?
    And I have no clue how to implement most of these, let alone implement them well enough to make half a class with them.

Unless I just missed the meaning of your post.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-20 at 12:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. See, in that case, you want to ask for suggestions, not critiquing. Big difference there.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Magicyop, For the elder treant, I've changed my mind and i wont do it so please take out my name.
    Personally i think that the table is ulgy beacuse of the [list], There are too big spaces for no reason.Maybe when you get a class with more than 2 things to say you should use it.
    But then it's noncontinuous, and to me, asymmetry is ugly and bad formatting. If some things with multiple points get a bullet point, and things which have only one thing at the moment but will probably have more at a later date have non, it's weird. The bullet points are all things that it is expected there will be many of, like suggestions, notes, or endorsements. And something like

Stuff:
    -stuff1
    -stuff2

looks much less professional than

Stuff
    • Stuff 1
  13. Stuff 2

14. But I'm not sure if it's possible to keep the bullet points but do away with the indent.
Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-20 at 12:47 AM.
Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. See, in that case, you want to ask for suggestions, not critiquing. Big difference there.
    Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out.

So, how are your classes coming?

And yes, I would very much like some suggestions.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-20 at 12:44 AM.

• - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Magicyop, why is the Warforged Octopus non-valid? We've done homebrew monsters before, albeit very few of them.

I'll get the Valkyrie updated tomorrow at the latest.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

• - Top - End - #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    Also, Magicyop, why is the Warforged Octopus non-valid? We've done homebrew monsters before, albeit very few of them.

I'll get the Valkyrie updated tomorrow at the latest.
    I was under the impression that Gorgon said something about not going to add it to the list or anything. If I'm mistaken, then I'll change that. Sorry.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

• - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

As I've mentioned before, I don't particularly mind if it doesn't get added to the list, but I still would like feedback on it. Think of it as a practice monster before I do something for real. >.>
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

• - Top - End - #1247

Water Elemental: Hey, looks good! Flavorful and fun, just like the other elementals. I endorse this monster.

Shadowperson: I like it a lot, real quick one or two suggestions. First, make it so Detect Thoughts eventually becomes a continuous thing that just effects everyone in the telepathy. Second, the insight bonus should only apply against those standing inside your telepathy range, shouldn't it?

Black Dragon: Looks good for the most part, but a couple minor nitpicks. You really need to grammar/spell-check it, also, note that the plural form of "foot" is not "feets". It's "feet". We usually abbreviate that as ft, or just use the tick mark ('). There are a couple copy-pasta errors which still refer to the 'blue' dragon. Can you repost it out of the quote? I think it would look more professional. I think the Acid Rain, which is a cool capstone, needs to scale more into epic. Make it 5 ft. per HD radius, and the damage should be more impressive, something like 1d6/HD. And instead of twice per day, it should be 1/day/10 HD. In general, I like it, but more things need to scale with HD.

Lammasu: Don't get me wrong, it's good! I like it! But I think it could stand have really... just one unique ability, besides spell-like abilities, defenses, and passive bonuses.

Arcadian Avenger: Hey-o, looks really fun. I'd definitely play one at some point. I endorse this monster.

Purple Worm: This is wicked. I love it. Flavorful, and has lots of fun abilities, not to mention being a sweet monster to begin with. I endorse this monster.

Bleakborn: Looks like a sweet monster, with a lot of different ways you could go with it. Couple quick things. First of all, I think that the icy touch should also apply to any touch attack or any attack you make with a natural weapon, because it doesn't make sense that you chill people with a body slam and not with a punch. Also, the range on the ice storm ability should scale with HD.

Brass Golem: Clever, interesting, fun, it's a good monster in my opinion. One minor suggestion, I think that the DC of the maze ability should scale-- maybe with the Brass Golem's OWN intelligence modifier. Would make it a much more dangerous trap, because even a dumb barbarian could eventually make DC 20 given 10 minutes.

Werescorpion: Looks good overall, but why are you maxing the scaling at 20 HD? No love for epic levels?

Gargoyle: There is a skill for that. It's called Disguise. You don't need to change bluff to deal with spot checks. It's a Disguise check. Other than that, I have no problems.

Maug: The goal here is "Iron Golem Lite", right? In that case, I think you either need to give it more grafts, or make it so they can take grafts multiple times. Shoving Arm could stand to be a little more useful, maybe give them an actual bonus on Bull Rush attempts?

Cheshire Cat: Clever and interesting three level class, gives fun abilities that you could be using forever without being overpowered. I would gladly endorse, but I'd prefer if you take it out of the quote... just repost the class all by itself, unquoted, so it looks professional and easy to use.

Wereraptor: I think it looks good overall, but the picture is broken, so you may have to find a new one.

Death Knight: I like it for the most part, but I think the Undead Followers is a little bit... lackluster. Animate Dead at will or a Blackguard Mount? Why would you ever choose the Animate Dead? Given that some of those who go into this class will already be necromancers, it's not really very useful. I suggest you just give them a small squad of undead, as opposed to Animate Dead or a leadership feat... Say something like, "You may have a number of undead followers equal to your charisma modifier, each one may have HD equal to 1/4 of your HD." That would be so much more fun, and brings it up to par with the mount.

Shade: Actually, I like it. Fun and simple, with some cool abilities. I'm not sure what book it's from, but nonetheless. I endorse this monster.

Half-Elemental: Nice! Pretty cool, seems balanced. I have no gripes. I endorse this monster.

Warforged Charger: Hey, cool! Interesting melee race/class. I endorse this monster.

Were-Elephant: I like what you've done so far, obviously it needs to be finished though. Does it really need to lose Powerful Build? It seems like it'd be nice to keep Powerful Build, since the elephant is... a biiig animal. If normal lycanthropes get to be colossal, the were-elephant should get to act as Colossal+ (due to Powerful Build)

Warforged Octopus: Actually, I like it. The 15 HD ability should be "Grow one size category (To a maximum of huge), just like the 20 HD ability, so that it is possible to choose no strength increases, and get Huge + Powerful Build.

Ragewalker: Fun! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Anarchic Creature: Gotta say I agree with Gorgon, it should be variable among all alignment axioms.

Valkyrie: Looks balanced and cool. I don't spot any problems. I endorse this monster.

Solamith: Again, I'd really like to see stacking Meta-Soulfire abilities. Not just "3 hp = 40 ft." but "Each 3 hp = +20 ft."

Well, if you all would be willing to do the same thing for the Living Spell, and either give me your endorsement or your suggestions, I'd be very glad. Thanks!
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

• - Top - End - #1248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ooooo. Good list you got there, Magicyop. Glad I don't have to go find stuff
    Right, so repost Cheshire Cat, and hit Black Dragon with the Grammar Hammah and the Scaling Sword. Got it!

• - Top - End - #1249

Cheshire Cat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d6
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Fey Body, Rictus Grin, +1 Dex
    2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Don't Mind Me, Whispy Voice, Controlled Invisibility
    3rd|+1|+1|+3|+3|I'm Really Not Here, Spells of Madness, +1 Dex[/table]
    Class Skills: A Cheshire Cat's class skills are Balance, Climb, Diplomacy, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot.
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Cheshire Cat is only proficient with it's natural attacks.

Fey Body: A Cheshire Cat loses all other racial bonus and gains Fey traits (basically darkvision and low light vision). It is a small sized Fey with a base speed of 30ft, and a climb speed of 30ft, capable of fine manipulation, and two claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage each. At 3rd level, it's claws may count as Chaotic aligned for the sake of bypassing DR. A Cheshire Cat speaks Common and Sylvan.
    Additionally, if the Cheshire Cat multiclasses in any class that grants spellcasting, they can can count their Cheshire Cat levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and getting new spell slots. However, they do not retroactively gain spell slots or new spells for caster levels they did not take, nor do they add their Cheshire Cat level to their character level for the purpose of other class features.

Rictus Grin (Sp): One of the most famous abilities of a Cheshire Cat is to smile so wide it is downright creepy. A Cheshire Cat may cast Lesser Confusion as an SLA a number of times per day equal to his HD. At 5HD level, this becomes Confusion instead. At 15HD level, it becomes Insanity, and he gains the ability to cast Confusion at will, as an SLA.

Ability Increases: At 1st and 3rd level, the Cheshire Cat gains +1 Dex.

Controlled Invisibility (Su): A Cheshire Cat can become wholly or partially invisible at will. Whenever it uses this ability, it can choose the precise portions of its body that become invisible. At 2nd level, it can only make portions of its body invisible, so it gains partial concealment (20% miss chance); At 3rd level it has total concealment (50% miss chance). Activating this ability or changing the degree of concealment it grants is a standard action. A Cheshire Cat often chooses to leave only its smile, which is unusually wide and rather unfeline, visible. At 7HD, a Cheshire Cat may become utterly unseen (As per the Invisibility spell) instead of shades of invisibility, and at 12HD, this becomes Greater Invisibility, as not even the laws of reality can keep a track of you

Don't Mind Me (Ex): At 2nd level, a Cheshire Cat doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity when moving out of threatened squares.

Whispy Voice (Su): At 2nd level, a Cheshire Cat gains Ventriloquisim and Ghost Sound as at will SLA's.

I'm Really Not Here (Su): At 3rd level, A Cheshire Cat can assure reality that it's not really there, and reality is just dreaming. The Cheshire Cat and all its spells cast by it become immune to See Invisibility. At 15HD, they become immune to True Seeing. At 25HD, nothing may find the Cheshire Cat, not even Divine Salient Abilities or other such Epic things.

Spells of Madness (Su): From 3rd level, a Cheshire Cat can cast any spell of a level no higher than 1/2 his HD from the Madness domain twice per day as an SLA, with a CL equal to their HD. DCs are equal to 10 + 1/2HD + Cha Mod.

Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2011-11-10 at 03:03 PM.

• - Top - End - #1250

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Ooooo. Good list you got there, Magicyop. Glad I don't have to go find stuff
    Right, so repost Cheshire Cat, and hit Black Dragon with the Grammar Hammah and the Scaling Sword. Got it!
    Hah. That made me laugh. Two useful tools.

In any case, I now endorse the Cheshire Cat, nice work, hope everyone else thinks so too.

Any advice or endorsements you could give on the Living Spell would be much appreciated too, I realize it's sort of complex right now and I'm looking to make it better.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-20 at 02:32 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

• - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Bleakborn: Looks like a sweet monster, with a lot of different ways you could go with it. Couple quick things. First of all, I think that the icy touch should also apply to any touch attack or any attack you make with a natural weapon, because it doesn't make sense that you chill people with a body slam and not with a punch. Also, the range on the ice storm ability should scale with HD.
    Gave Frost nova a range equal to half the bleakborn's heat draining aura. this means 5ft per hd, but allows them to reduce it to a smaller range if the situation calls for it. Allowed for Icy touch to be used as a touch attack, and to be applied to any other natural attacks they may somehow have.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

• - Top - End - #1252

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Gave Frost nova a range equal to half the bleakborn's heat draining aura. this means 5ft per hd, but allows them to reduce it to a smaller range if the situation calls for it. Allowed for Icy touch to be used as a touch attack, and to be applied to any other natural attacks they may somehow have.
    Okay, looks great to me! I endorse the Bleakborn.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

• - Top - End - #1253

Hah. That made me laugh. Two useful tools.

In any case, I now endorse the Cheshire Cat, nice work, hope everyone else thinks so too.

Any advice or endorsements you could give on the Living Spell would be much appreciated too, I realize it's sort of complex right now and I'm looking to make it better.
    Right, i'll do ya a favour and look at the Living Spell, since it's only fair. I can't give it a full look, though, 'cause i'm reading over my new Elder Evils book. (If someone could stat up the Grammar Hammah and the Scaling Sword in a different thread, I would be eternally greatful!)

About the class:
    1. I'm making a general request, but try your very best to simplify complicated class abilites, or failing that, give examples in spoilers. The latter
    will need MORE text, but it'll allow for less mis-interpretation.
    2. Why is it so hard to change the active spells in it's track? Once a week? Really? That seems arbitary. I'd say once every 24 hours with no damage, and 2 times per day they can change it as a full round action with auto damage, or something like that. OR you can make it into a feat that changes it's Metasculpt into something like this.

Just my 2 large cents.

• - Top - End - #1254

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    Right, i'll do ya a favour and look at the Living Spell, since it's only fair. I can't give it a full look, though, 'cause i'm reading over my new Elder Evils book. (If someone could stat up the Grammar Hammah and the Scaling Sword in a different thread, I would be eternally greatful!)

About the class:
    1. I'm making a general request, but try your very best to simplify complicated class abilites, or failing that, give examples in spoilers. The latter
    will need MORE text, but it'll allow for less mis-interpretation.
    2. Why is it so hard to change the active spells in it's track? Once a week? Really? That seems arbitary. I'd say once every 24 hours with no damage, and 2 times per day they can change it as a full round action with auto damage, or something like that. OR you can make it into a feat that changes it's Metasculpt into something like this.

Just my 2 large cents.
    1. That's a good idea, any tips on what class abilities are complicated would be helpful.
    2. Well, basically because I don't want it to be... Batman Living Spell. If it has a ton of options, then it becomes basically a more powerful sorcerer. But I could make it easier. Thank you.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

• - Top - End - #1255
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to try and go through the outstanding classes in a few groups, but some are definitely outside of what I feel comfortable reviewing so they may take a while.

Water Elemental: I noticed a couple words that need to made plurals, but nothing mechanical seems to be needed. So, I'll endorse this creature.

Shadowperson: Mainly what Magicyop suggested, making sure to not that abilities working with it's telepathy only work on creatures in his telepathy's range.

Death Knight: Minor formatting issue on the table with it's BAB. It's natural armour could use a bit of rewording as it's seems kind awkward right now. Maybe something like: 'A death knight gains a natural armour bonus equal to its strength modifier. Creatures who had natural armour before becoming a death knight loose that and instead gain a natural armour bonus of 2+strength modifier.'

Under immunities, I can't think of anything that deals 'polymorph' damage, so maybe specify separately that's it's a bonus on saves against such effects?

The mount definitely does seem more attractive then the Animate Dead, even if you're using it just as a companion and not a mount. With deadly weapons, you should probably specify that it's a bonus 1d8, as currently it could be interpretative to override weapon damage instead.

Living Spell: I'm going to come back to this one and give a proper look through. It's currently a bit big for me to easily wrap my head around in regards to reviewing.

• - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

I'm gonna pop in to Endorse the Living Spell. It's so awesome there aren't words for it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

• - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Anybody have any suggestions for Illurien?

• - Top - End - #1258

Death Knight: I like it for the most part, but I think the Undead Followers is a little bit... lackluster. Animate Dead at will or a Blackguard Mount? Why would you ever choose the Animate Dead? Given that some of those who go into this class will already be necromancers, it's not really very useful. I suggest you just give them a small squad of undead, as opposed to Animate Dead or a leadership feat... Say something like, "You may have a number of undead followers equal to your charisma modifier, each one may have HD equal to 1/4 of your HD." That would be so much more fun, and brings it up to par with the mount
    The probleme with this is that your total HD of followers can be bigger then your own.And also this would be another thing that is wrong with it(this was with the orginal Ability)
    Gorgondantess's quote
    Are you kidding? You really want to allow things like liches as companions? First of all, basing it on HD as opposed to something like CR or ECL is flat out broken- you could create some silly templated monstrosity. For example, just off the top of my head from the SRD, a level 20 death knight could, by RAW, have a half celestial half fiend half dragon pseudonatural paragon grey elf wizard 20. That's HD equal or less than the death knight, yes?
    Even if you don't include extraneous templates, you can still have a vampire wizard or lich wizard or something like that with a level equal to the death knight's and thus a higher CR than the death knight, once the template is included. Your ability is broken.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #1259

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I'm gonna pop in to Endorse the Living Spell. It's so awesome there aren't words for it.
    Wow, thank you! That's really high praise, and I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemro Shivic View Post
    Living Spell: I'm going to come back to this one and give a proper look through. It's currently a bit big for me to easily wrap my head around in regards to reviewing.
    Yeah, no problem! It is a big class, take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Anybody have any suggestions for Illurien?
    I had a couple thoughts, but predominant, and the reason I didn't share any of them is... it feels unfinished. It looks like a really cool class and could be really fun, but a lot of stuff is unspecific and feels like more of a rough sketch of a class, rather than a finished class ready for suggestions. If I'm wrong, then I'll mention later tonight what the areas that seem vague are. Don't get me wrong, it looks super fun, so don't take it as insulting in ANY way. We really did need a smart monster class.

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    The probleme with this is that your total HD of followers can be bigger then your own.And also this would be another thing that is wrong with it(this was with the orginal Ability)
    Gorgondantess's quote
    Then... just say they get skeletons? And having more HD than your own is not broken, as long as no follower has that much HD. 10 5 HD skeletons is not broken if they serve a level 20 master.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-20 at 04:23 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

• - Top - End - #1260
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Shadowperson: I like it a lot, real quick one or two suggestions. First, make it so Detect Thoughts eventually becomes a continuous thing that just effects everyone in the telepathy. Second, the insight bonus should only apply against those standing inside your telepathy range, shouldn't it?
    Okay, Telepathic Awareness only applies against creatures within the range of its telepathy. Also, I originally had Detect Thoughts as a continuous ability. but apparently it caused confusion.

Shadowperson: Sooo... why intelligence 26 for shutting down the detect thoughts? The problem with that is so long as a creature with intelligence 26 is within range of the shadowperson, it's stunned every other round. Talk about ouch.
    Define "identify the strength of the mind." Actually, better yet, I'd just remove all of that and give it, at 5th level, detect thoughts as an at-will SLA... or if you really want to get rid of the action, make it a swift action SLA and give it few uses.
    Otherwise, looks OK.

• Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast