New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Tomb Spider

Spoiler
    Show

Class:
    Spoiler
    Show

Alignment:
    Usually Nutruel Evil

Hit Die:
    d10's

{table=head] Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Poison Damage|Healing Mod

1st|+1|2|2|0|Tomb-Tainted Body, Poison, Dex +1, Con +1|1d6|N/A

2nd|+2|3|3|0|Web, Dex +1, Str +1|2d6|N/A

3rd|+3|3|3|0|Growth, Mummy, Dex +1, Con +1|3d6|50%

4th|+4|4|4|1|Ambidexterity, Dex +1, Str +1|4d6|0%

5th|+5|4|4|1|Growth, Mummy Power, Dex +1, Con +1|5d6|-50%

6th|+6/+1|5|5|1|Wrap, Dex +1, Str+1|6d6|-100%

7th|+7/+2|5|5|2|Improved Grab, Dex +1, Con +1|7d6|-125%

8th|+8/+3|6|6|2|Drain, Snatch, Dex +1, Str +1|8d6|-150%
    [/table]
    Class Skills:
    The Spider’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points:
    2+Int mod (*4 at first level)

Class Features:
    The following are class features of the Tomb Spider...

Armor and Weapon Proficiency:
    The Tomb Spider is proficient with no armor and his natural weapons.

Tomb-Tainted Body:
    At first level you lose all racial traits and gain magical beast traits (basically darkvision 60ft). He gains two natural rake attacks dealing 1d6+Str mod damage each (piercing). He also gains a bite attack dealing 1d8+1.5*Str mod damage. He has a base land speed of 30ft and may climb speed equal to his base land speed. He is healed by negative energy and hurt by positive. He is a small magical beast.

Poison:
    You may inject poison by makeing a successful bite attack. It deals negative energy damage as indicated on the table. For one hour per HD any creature that is healed magically has a mod to the HP as on the chart. For example a level 5 spider bites an opponent and it is givin a heal spell, 50% of the health he would have gained is actually taken away from his current HP. A Fort save halves the damage and negates the healing penalty. The Tomb Spider may do this 1/day/HD.

Ability Score Increase:
    Every level in Tomb Spider you gain +1 to your Dexterity and you gain alternating Str and Con every level also.

Web:
    You gain the ability to shoot a web cone and covers an area of 5ft every 5 HD. For example a six level Tomb Spider may make a 10x10 foot web and a 14hd spider may make a 15x15 feet. It takes an escape artist or Strength check of 10+HD+Dex mod to brake free or he cannot move that round. The Spider may do this 1/day/HD.

Growth:
    The Tomb Spider is now medium and his natural weapons increase by one step. He grows two more times at levels 5 and 7.

Mummy:
    The Tomb Spider gains a web spider as a minion. It has a HD equal to the Spider's. If the web mummy dies you may make another one by expending two uses of web and spending an hour of uninterrupted work. Using one of your daily uses of web you may spend a full round action to heal the mummy as if useing cure critical wounds with a caster level equal to his Spider levels.

Ambidexterity:
    The Tomb Spider may use two more of his arms for rake attacks dealing 1d6+.5*Str mod and the weapons increase as the other arms do but always has one step lower damage.

Mummy Power:
    A Tomb Spider gains an ability based on it's gender...

A male Tomb Spider may inject poison into his mummy. When the mummy dies it sprays a 30ft cone and any creature in it is subjected to your poison, the Spider may spend 2 uses and the cone becomes an all around explosion of poison going 30ft in all directions.

A female Spider may put a broodling swarm into the mummy that comes out after the mummy dies. It has HD equal to yours and lasts for a number of rounds equal to your HD.

Wrap:
    Any creature in the Spiders web or being grappled may be wrapped in an encasing of web which they cannot break out of without a Strength check equal to 20+HD+Dex mod. It takes one daily use of your web ability +1 for every size category above large, and takes a winning grapple check.

Improved Grab:
    You may make a grapple check any time you make a successful bite attack and may attempt to wrap them if the check succeeds.

Drain:
    The Spider may drain the life out of wrapped victims dealing 1d4 Con damage a turn. The Spider gains 5 temporary HP for every point of Con he drains.

Snatch:
    The Spider may shoot a line of web and grab an item of at most 1/10 of his light load to carry. He may also disarm an opponent with an opposed Str check. Finnaly he may lower himself at a speed of 10ft. All of these are at a range of 50ft+5 per HD.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    •Fun class to build

•felt lacking so I put in 2 ability score increases per level

•I know it's only a CR 6 but I included the levels as a baby when you had a CR 2

Change Log:
    Spoiler
    Show
    •Nothing yet

Felt I was close enough to done with my Scorpion to do this.
    Last edited by Rumel; 2010-11-12 at 01:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

Please don't post new classes until your old one has been approved.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Orc in the Playground

Checking to make sure my response wasn't overlooked, or if I just missed the response while reading the thread. It's back on page 32 and I wouldn't knowing what direction I should be moving in.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to request a class. ^^ The Copper Dragon. I thought it would already be done, actually, then it wasn't. =|

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rumel, for gosh's sake, this is your THIRD unfinished monster class. You have the Scorpion and the Osyluth still waiting. You're not even supposed to have two in most cases, but Gorgon has been nice to all of us and let that rule slide a little bit. But really? Three? Calm down and wait, please. Revising it many times does not mean that it's near finished, the Dream Larva sat for over a month before it went posted. (But again, in fairness, that was an epic level class. But nonetheless.)

On an unrelated note, is the pseudonatural picture contest over? Or have you not found one you like yet, leaving it open-ended?

Unfinished Monsters by Original Post Date
    Spoiler
    Show

Water Elemental2 - 10/02/2010
    Elder Treant3 - 10/03/2010
    Thunderbird3 - 10/05/2010
    Soulspark1 - 10/06/2010
    Living Spell3 - 10/10/2010
    Malebranche2 - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor2 - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON2 - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon2 - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu2 - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger1 - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm2 - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn1 - 10/23/2010
    Giths2 - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem2 - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion1 - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle2 - 10/27/2010
    Maug1 - 10/29/2010
    Saint1 - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat2 - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor1 - 10/30/2010
    Death Knight1 - 10/31/2010 [Revised Class]
    Osyluth (Bone Devil)3 - 10/31/2010
    Illurien2 - 11/04/2010
    Shade2 - 11/04/2010
    Half-Elemental1 - 11/07/2010
    Warforged Charger1 - 11/07/2010
    Were-elephant1 - 11/11/2010
    Gerivar3 - 11/12/2010
    Warforged Octopus1 - 11/13/2010
    Rageforged1 - 11/14/2010
    Anarchic Creature2 - 11/14/2010

1: Awaiting critique or approval from Gorgondantess, or discussion from everyone.
    2: Has been critiqued by Gorgondantess or other approved members (Hyudra, ChumpLump), and is awaiting the user to make the requested changes or otherwise edit.
    3: Abandoned, either temporarily or permanently.
    Linked Numbers: If the number next to the class is a link, that means that it leads either to the current critique of the class (If the number is a 2) or to a post with the proposed changes by the user (If the number is a 1).
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-14 at 06:55 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

I am almost done with Scorpion, I gave up on the Osyluth and thought my plate was clear since I didn't really have any more to do with my Scorpion, I'm just waiting for the ok so I have a 0% done and a 99%, I felt I was good .

7. - Top - End - #1087

Werescorpion
    Poison is very complicated. Why?

Growth: At 3rd level, a WereScorpion's alternate forms become Large.
    Usually it reads 'It may become large sized.'

Improved Grab is enough, no need for a BONUS to Grapple when you can become colossal, which is spelled wrong. Still.

Greaterscorpion and Whip tail should be the same ability.

Whip Tail: At 4th level a WereScorpion’s tail becomes even more deadly. Their tail improves by one step. It also gains an improved reach of +5ft and every 10hd it gains a 5ft bonus to a max of +15ft at 20 HD. Any feats or powers that affect a whip will work on its tail and it may use any Bonuses a whip gets such as the ability to trip and disarm.Language is messy, if you can, please clean it up.
    Otherwise she's coming along nicely.
    Not done yet.
    But close.

Wereraptor
    Sorry, I never noticed before, but...
    Why doesn't this guy have full Bab?
    Also, why is his Fortitude save wonky?

Raptor teamwork = solid.

Swift blows: At fourth level a wereraptor in hybrid form learns how to finish off enemies quickly. If an opponent he is threatening's HP goes below three fourths, the wereraptor gets a free attack of opportunity. He gains another when they fall below one half, and another at a fourth.
    Sorry I keep sending you back to the drawing board, but this is a HELL of a lot of bookwork for any DM. I'd recommend heavily against this mechanic. Also, as it stands its not clear that the Raptor only gets one at the point of reducing an enemies HP, it reads rather as if the Raptor gets to go nuts on anyone with less than 3/4 HP, then Super Nuts on anyone at 1/2 HP, and NINJA FLIP OUT on anyone with 1/4 hp. A highly overpowered mechanic.

If you want swiftness of attack, maybe consider pounce? A full attack of two talons at the end of a charge is a face full of Raptor pain.

Edit :
    Tonight I plan on reading over the Werelizard and Werehydra. I don't know if changing them at this point is Kosher, or not, but I never looked at them. At least I will know what's been accepted in the past.

Also I will be revising the Old Lycans I've built to fix copy/paste errors, and make some things less vanilla. This cool with everyone?
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-11-12 at 11:03 AM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    I am almost done with Scorpion, I gave up on the Osyluth and thought my plate was clear since I didn't really have any more to do with my Scorpion, I'm just waiting for the ok so I have a 0% done and a 99%, I felt I was good .
    Regardless, can you please spoiler the picture? Scrollbar of Doom here! DOOM!

Also, I have never experienced this phenomenon on my computer before, so kudos.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Wereelephant
    I was also thinking Powerful Build at first level, instead of Improved Overrun that, giant like, develops into large sized?
    That could be a good compromise.
    8/4 is fine, and correct. 6/4 would be weaker than normal.
    10/4 is a bit too much.
    While I still think an elephant should be stronger than a rhino, compromise is the name of the game, so done.

Skills... it has 4+Int skills/level and 4 skills to choose from.
    Perhaps full Bab and 2+Int Skills would be superior?
    Also sounds good, done.

As it stands There's nothing Special about the Wereelephant, nothing fun as it were. But I suppose there's not much fun about the Wererhino either, hmmm. You're two end abilities are rather focused. A lot of Trample/Over-run stuff. In fact a little too focused it's attack is becoming a power-house. One trick pony yes, but a hell of a trick it seems.
    After hearing your creative talk of Elephant Graveyards and Never forgetting, it's disappointing to see it turn into a trample charger. However, that has nothing to do with balance, just an opinion.
    Good point. I'll work on coming up with something better. Since it usually takes a while to develope these things anyway I guess I shouldn't be afraid of actually taking my time, eh
    Also... after looking of the wererhino I noticed it only gains a con bonus to armor while in Shark form. Hmmm...
    Lol, yeah that actually happens a lot. People used quote to get the basic format and missed some of the places they were supposed to change.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, Auston, should the Fire Elemental's Holocaust Cloak power give the option for 1 point of damage per point of cha or con bonus, like all the other powers do?
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    It's just the rule. I realize the rules can be annoying sometimes but they're there for a reason and that reason is so Gorgon doesn't have a nervous breakdown.

Just wait a little longer kay?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-12 at 03:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    Also, Auston, should the Fire Elemental's Holocaust Cloak power give the option for 1 point of damage per point of cha or con bonus, like all the other powers do?
    Sure, I'll edit it now. Thanks

Thanks for paying so much attention to the class. If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on using it?
    Last edited by AustontheGreat1; 2010-11-12 at 03:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    Sure, I'll edit it now. Thanks

Thanks for paying so much attention to the class. If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on using it?
    Yeah, I'm playing it in a 27th level game

Also, one of the blaze feats is reliant on charisma but has no option for con. I forget which one it is, but that probably needs changing too.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hey Gorgon, I'm a little unclear on something with the daeva. What do you mean by "All SLAs are usable 1/X times per day per HD, where X is the spell's highest spell level."?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    I took it to mean that a first level spell would be 1 use/1 HD, a second level spell 1 use/2 HD, etc. etc.
    Thissssss.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

16. - Top - End - #1096

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    BTW on the davea, what's it mean when it says
    All SLAs are usable 1/X times per day per HD, where X is the spell's highest spell level.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    I took it to mean that a first level spell would be 1 use/1 HD, a second level spell 1 use/2 HD, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Yeppers!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Hey Gorgon, I'm a little unclear on something with the daeva. What do you mean by "All SLAs are usable 1/X times per day per HD, where X is the spell's highest spell level."?
    Thissssss.
    Tygres are NOTORIOUSLY bad at reading things, as evidenced by the above.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah, well... well if there was a Necronomicon around here, I'd be the only one who was still sane and alive! Yeah. Let that sink in. But you can't because you're insane now! So HA!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

18. - Top - End - #1098

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    Thunderbird

Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: d8
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack <br> Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |+1 STR +1 CON, Body of Thunder, Soul of Sparks

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |+1 STR, Stormchild, Wings

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |+1 STR +1 CON, Soul of Thunder

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |+1 STR, Fury of the Storm, Flyby Attack

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +2
    |+1 STR, Growth, Thermal Protection

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |+1 STR +1 CON, Sharpsight

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |+1 STR , Soul of the Storm

8th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |+1 STR, Multiattack

9th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |+1 STR +1 CON, Growth

10th|
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |+1 STR, Snatch, Stormwings

11th|
    +8
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +4
    |+1 STR, Soul of the Tempest

12th|
    +9
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |+1 STR +1 CON, Nature's Fury
    [/table]
    Skills: 4+Int modifier, x4 at first level. The Thunderbird's class skills are Listen, Spot, Survival, Knowledge(Nature), and Intimidate

Body of Thunder:The thunderbird loses all other racial bonuses and gains magical beast traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feet and lowlight vision). It's a medium sized magical beast with base speed 20 feet. It has two claw attacks dealing 1d6 +str damage each and one bite attack dealing 1d8 +str damage. A thunderbird has a natural armor boost to ac equal to its CON modifier. A thunderbird doesn't have limbs capable of fine manipulation.

Soul of Sparks: The Thunderbird can cast Obscuring Mist, Endure Elements, and Shocking Grasp as SLAs twice a day for each HD it has. Unless otherwise noted, all Thunderbird SLAs have the DC 10+1/2 HD+CHA.

Ability Score Increases: The Thunderbird gains 1 STR at each level in this class, and gains 1 CON at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, and 12. After taking all 12 levels of Thunderbird, the total ability score increase is +12 STR and +5 CON.

Stormchild: The Thunderbird has sonic and electrical resistance equal to its HD.

Wings: The Thunderbird has a fly speed of 10 ft per HD (Good).

Soul of Thunder: The Thunderbird can now use Gust of Wind, Sound Burst, and Shatter once per day for each HD it has.

Fury of the Storm: The Thunderbird gains a SLA called 'Thunderous Weapon', which functions as the spell Magic Weapon, only it grants the Thunderous effect instead of an enhancement bonus +1d6 electrical damage and it may affect all natural weapons granted by the Thunderbird class with a single Thunderous Weapon SLA. He may use Fury of the Storm 1/day for every three HD he has.

At 9HD, Fury of the Storm becomes equivalent to Greater Magic Weapon for the purposes of bonuses and duration. The SLA uses the Thunderbird's HD for any effects related to caster level; it offers the Thunderous Burst effect and +1d6 electrical damage where it would grant any enhancement bonuses after the first.

'Thunderous Weapon' is for all intents and purposes an enhancement bonus and therefore does not stack with other enhancement bonuses. Only the best bonus applies. (Each +1d6 electrical damage is equivalent to a +1 bonus, and Thunderous Burst is equivalent to a +2).

Flyby Attack: The Thunderbird gains Flyby Attack as a bonus feat.

Growth: The Thunderbird grows one size category at 5 HD, 9 HD, and 15 HD.

Thermal Protection: The Thunderbird has fire and cold protection equal to 1/2 its hitdice.

Sharpsight: +3 to Spot, penalties to spot are -1 per 30 ft, instead of the normal -1 per 10ft. Sharpsight counts as Skill Focus (Spot) for the purpose of qualifiying for feats and classes.

Soul of the Storm: The Thunderbird can now cast Call Lightning, Fog Cloud, and Shout once per each 2 HD the Thunderbird has.

At 9 HD, Call Lightning upgrades to Call Lightning Storm, Fog Cloud upgrades to Solid Fog and Shout upgrades to Greater Shout.

Multiattack: The Thunderbird gains Multiattack as a bonus feat.

Snatch: The Thunderbird gains Snatch as a bonus feat.

Stormwings: The thunderbird can not be blown away by winds weaker than a tornado, and the thunderbird does not take penalties to Spot or Listen due to inclement weather

Soul of the Tempest: The Thunderbird can now cast Chain Lightning, Commune with Nature, and Freedom of Movement once per each 3 HD the Thunderbird has.

Nature's Fury: The Thunderbird can cast Earthquake, Control Weather, and Whirlwind once per each 6 HD the Thunderbird possesses.

At 17 HD, the Thunderbird can cast Storm of Vengeance once for per 10 HD each day.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

Here is the Thunderbird. When I was making it, my intention was basically a giant lightning bird who was going to eat your face, with the SLAs to help deal with cases where "I attack" or "I pick up the target and climb high enough to deal 20d6 to the mook when I drop him" aren't appropriate. Not sure how well I succeeded with that.

The SLAs I added that aren't on the base creature, (endure elements, commune with nature, etc, etc) were largely inspired by the fluff of 'embodiment of nature's fury' and 'worshiped as a nature spirit'.

Fury of Nature is largely the same as the Frost Giant's Frostbite, and Body of Thunder is heavilly based on the Phoenix's Phoenix body. The latter doesn't bother me, though I wish I could have thought of something better.

What I'm unsure of is balance, while it'll be difficult to get magic items for the Thunderbird, and the fact that it can't handle fine manipulation, I'm unsure if I threw too much on the class. I dropped down the BAB to average, and gave it a bad will save to help balance the class, but I'd like another opinion.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show

10/4/10: Posted
    10/5/10: Skills and HD added

Magicyop, Forgot about the thunderbird, I think page 7 and where is the Gerivar? Someone(forgot who) said they made(they said it on this thread) it but It;s not on any of the thread lists(1st 2nd& 3rd)
    I made a part of it but beacuse i though that it was already made i deleted it.I'll remake what I did but i wont do the rest.(It's be abandoned)

Spoiler
    Show
    Gerivar

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Gerivar body
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Regeneration

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Exploding nodules

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Growth

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Throw stone

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Addition arm

8th|
    +6/1
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Powerful build

9th|
    +6/1
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

10th|
    +7/2
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

11th|
    +8/3
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

12th|
    +9/4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Growth

13th|
    +9/4
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

14th|
    +10/5
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Addition arm

15th|
    +11/6/1
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

16th|
    +12/7/2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    | +1 Str, +1 Con, Powerful build

17th|
    +12/7/2
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

18th|
    +13/8/3
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,

19th|
    +14/9/4
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    | +1 Str, +1 Con,
    [/table]

HD=D12

skills +int modifier(x4 at first lv) Class skills

Gerivar body : The Gerivar loses all other racial bonuses, and gains giant traits (mainly low light vision), Darkvision 60', a base speed of 30 feet, two natural slam attacks doing 1d6+Str each and a +1 racial bonus on thrown rocks.He gains natural armor equal to his Con bonus .He also get 4 arms but 2 of them are to weak to do anything.

Regeneration A Gerivar gains regenration equal to half his HD. Cold and acid bypass this Regeneration

Exploding nodules A Gerivar has small nodules that contains fragments of the gerivar body armor and an explosive liquid. He is able to detack them and they are considered grenade like weapons.They damage 1d6/2hd fire and piercing. A normal Gerivar has 12 nodules on his body and it takes 3d6 minutes to grow back. Sevral nodules can grow back at the same time

Growth Ay 4th Hd a Gerivar grows to large size.
    At 12 HD he grows to huge size.
    At 20 Hd he grows to gargantuan size.

Throw stone At 5th level, the Gerivar may begin throwing boulders or other large objects. A Gerivar of at least Large size can hurl rocks weighing 40 to 50 pounds each (Small objects) up to 900 feet. A Gerivar giant can hurl rocks of 60 to 80 pounds (Medium objects). A Gargantuan Gerivar can hurl rocks of 90 to 120 pounds (large objects). Inanimate objects of similar size and heft may be substituted, but you lose the racial bonus to attack rolls and have half the range. When a Gerivar gainsthe use of all 4 arms, then he is able to shot 2 rocks or similar size objects.

Addition arm A 7th level , a gerivar gains use of another of his arms.
    At 14th level he gains use of all of his arms.

Powerful build At 8th, The gerivar gains powerful build,the physical stature of gerivars lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever the gerivar is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the gerivar is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A gerivar is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A gerivar can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.”

At twelfth level, the gerivar finishes growing to huge size but loses Powerful Build. His AC, bonus to hit, slam damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties. The giant's base movement speed increases by 10' (This movement boost occurs again at 12HD and 20HD, as the gerivar increases in s finishes growing to huge but loses Powerful Build. His AC, bonus to hit, slam damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties. The gerivar 's base movement speed increases by 10' (This movement boost occurs again at 20HD, as the gerivar increases in size again).
    The gerivar regains powerful build at 16th level and loses it at it’s 20th HD when it becomes gargantuan.

This is what i had so far,Also Im not doing this class so no comments, I wont change a thing.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-12 at 11:34 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1099

Okay, added both to the list. Also marked the Osyluth as abandoned.

On a different note, revising the Living Spell is coming along quite smoothly. I've added a pool of upgrades which I think will balance nicely. It allows them to choose-- maybe they get 1 ninth level and 2 cantrips! Or maybe they get 1 sixth level, 1 fourth level, and 1 second level. Or perhaps they just get 1 fourth level, but they have it over a 30 foot space!

I've additionally added another fringe benefit at level 20-- the Track Secret. It's like a super powered up Track Trick. I just felt that the capstone- being able to change yourself, -while useful, wasn't really something I could get excited about having. So I figured I'd keep that for its massive utility, and add in just a little something else fun.

Some stuff has been moved around, and some other things have been added. I've tried to stay true to the spirit of the class, and keep most of ChumpLump's mechanics intact. I'm not finished yet, not by a long ways, but I'm working on it. I'm really looking forward to posting it and seeing what everyone thinks of the changes I've made.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-13 at 07:56 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

20. - Top - End - #1100

If it's easier for you, you don't have to keep my work in tact. This class is your project now, and you can do with it what you like, so long as it gets passed by the project, yeah?

21. - Top - End - #1101

If it's easier for you, you don't have to keep my work in tact. This class is your project now, and you can do with it what you like, so long as it gets passed by the project, yeah?
    No, don't get me wrong, I'm keeping to the original spirit because the original spirit is awesome. It's what made me want to pick up the class and see it finished.

Would you mind if I private messaged you with my version as it stands so far? I can't post it on this thread yet because even though I'm relatively sure Saint is pretty much complete, it hasn't been approved yet. I'd really appreciate your critique and/or thoughts before I post it on the thread officially, anyway.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-13 at 12:30 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Orc in the Playground

Edited wereraptor, although I probably messed it up somehow
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Wereraptor

Raptor Adaptability: Flat +HD to attack and Damage after 1 hit is a bit much. Check out Pulverize from Hill Giant

Otherwise she's almost seaworthy.

Wereelephant
    A little preemptive, but It might help to know now my thoughts...

Improved Overrun and Powerful build seem like a bit much at first level, making it a bit bottom heavy. Also, I'm not certain if I like the Were-elephant having Powerful Build outside of Elephant Form at First level. Hmmm this will take some thinking.
    Also, after looking at the Werehydra, if you do go with large at first level, Colossal size should still require 20 HD.

Magicyop
    Go For it Man.

Old Lycans Thoughts.
    Spoiler
    Show

I've spoiled these, because they are NOT critiques, these are just my personal standings on what has already been accepted, and approved for the Front page.

First of all:
    Flarbot and un_known, are you guys still with us?

Second of all:
    Maybe asking this is overstepping my bounds, so let me clarify that this is PURELY hypothetical, but how would the two of you feel about revisiting the Werehydra and Werelizard respectively?
    I don't even know if asking for your opinion on that matter is appropriate, and I certainly don't think it would be fair to take away the approval after it has been given, limiting you ability to produce more Homebrew creatures. I would take no offense or be at all put of to be told 'No, I'd rather not,' or 'Chump, you're going to far.'

Third of all:
    My thoughts, and Just my thoughts.

Werehydra
    Proficiencies read for werewolves.

Why is Werehydra alternate form natural armor bonus so low?

Well the Werehydra also allows for Large sized at first level.
    I personally stand strongly against this sort of thing, but I'll pose it to the Project: What d'yall think? Large at 1st level balanced by the fact that can't wield weapons until 2nd?
    Even so, the Werehydra can't be colossal until 20th level as normal. Which is good. This is the way Large at First Level Lycans should work, if you all like the Large at First level thing.

Frankly I'd swap Fast Healing and Improved Regrowth on the Class progression table, but that's just me, makes it fit the Loose lycan template better, and then improve beyond it.

Dear sweet baby Marmalade and Nutella! Percentages of Hp table?
    Bad idea. Painful idea. I personally don't like this sort of thing.
    Balance wise its fine, but bookwork is a headache for players and DMs alike.

Subtype/immunity language is garbled.

I love that the breath weapon is available to all forms, but based on number of heads!

Werelizard
    Affinity's language says for Wolves, it should be Lizards.
    Even then, general lizards of Magical beast persuasions are... well there's a lot of those. I guess the Werebas has the same deal with cats though... but this seems more in this instance. Perhaps I will personally limit the werebas's similar power.

Crocodile should be specific between bite and improved grab.

Monitor Lizard: Large. I still don't like it. Or Great Fortitude. But it gains no natural attacks. So there's a bit of balance...

Or the Lizards don't have natural attacks at all in alternate form. This doesn't seem right.

Unless in Hybrid form.
    Weird mechanics there.

Alertness is a lame feat, especially since its replacing what scent was.

Yes I am strongly opposed to Quick access to colossal sized by 16th level. For future Lycans this will not be approved of by me.

Sharpened bite is both lame and redundantly redundant. Bit attack increases in size and the Werelizard gains a size damage increasing feat.

Devour... is... a little... much flavor wise. It's like a vampire's drain only for a bite attack...which normally doesn't (IMHO) offer enough food for a morsel, otherwise 'hungry' wouldn't be a very good motivation for monsters to attack people relentlessly.

All in all feats make bad class features and the Werelizard isn't perfectly clear on it's natural attacks and a few of it's abilities.

I will not move on to Critique and fix my Lycanthope like messes.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Orc in the Playground

Wereraptor

Raptor Adaptability: Flat +HD to attack and Damage after 1 hit is a bit much. Check out Pulverize from Hill Giant

Otherwise she's almost seaworthy.

Wereelephant
    A little preemptive, but It might help to know now my thoughts...

Improved Overrun and Powerful build seem like a bit much at first level, making it a bit bottom heavy. Also, I'm not certain if I like the Were-elephant having Powerful Build outside of Elephant Form at First level. Hmmm this will take some thinking.
    Also, after looking at the Werehydra, if you do go with large at first level, Colossal size should still require 20 HD.

Magicyop
    Go For it Man.

Old Lycans Thoughts.
    Spoiler
    Show

I've spoiled these, because they are NOT critiques, these are just my personal standings on what has already been accepted, and approved for the Front page.

First of all:
    Flarbot and un_known, are you guys still with us?

Second of all:
    Maybe asking this is overstepping my bounds, so let me clarify that this is PURELY hypothetical, but how would the two of you feel about revisiting the Werehydra and Werelizard respectively?
    I don't even know if asking for your opinion on that matter is appropriate, and I certainly don't think it would be fair to take away the approval after it has been given, limiting you ability to produce more Homebrew creatures. I would take no offense or be at all put of to be told 'No, I'd rather not,' or 'Chump, you're going to far.'

Third of all:
    My thoughts, and Just my thoughts.

Werehydra
    Proficiencies read for werewolves.

Why is Werehydra alternate form natural armor bonus so low?

Well the Werehydra also allows for Large sized at first level.
    I personally stand strongly against this sort of thing, but I'll pose it to the Project: What d'yall think? Large at 1st level balanced by the fact that can't wield weapons until 2nd?
    Even so, the Werehydra can't be colossal until 20th level as normal. Which is good. This is the way Large at First Level Lycans should work, if you all like the Large at First level thing.

Frankly I'd swap Fast Healing and Improved Regrowth on the Class progression table, but that's just me, makes it fit the Loose lycan template better, and then improve beyond it.

Dear sweet baby Marmalade and Nutella! Percentages of Hp table?
    Bad idea. Painful idea. I personally don't like this sort of thing.
    Balance wise its fine, but bookwork is a headache for players and DMs alike.

Subtype/immunity language is garbled.

I love that the breath weapon is available to all forms, but based on number of heads!

Werelizard
    Affinity's language says for Wolves, it should be Lizards.
    Even then, general lizards of Magical beast persuasions are... well there's a lot of those. I guess the Werebas has the same deal with cats though... but this seems more in this instance. Perhaps I will personally limit the werebas's similar power.

Crocodile should be specific between bite and improved grab.

Monitor Lizard: Large. I still don't like it. Or Great Fortitude. But it gains no natural attacks. So there's a bit of balance...

Or the Lizards don't have natural attacks at all in alternate form. This doesn't seem right.

Unless in Hybrid form.
    Weird mechanics there.

Alertness is a lame feat, especially since its replacing what scent was.

Yes I am strongly opposed to Quick access to colossal sized by 16th level. For future Lycans this will not be approved of by me.

Sharpened bite is both lame and redundantly redundant. Bit attack increases in size and the Werelizard gains a size damage increasing feat.

Devour... is... a little... much flavor wise. It's like a vampire's drain only for a bite attack...which normally doesn't (IMHO) offer enough food for a morsel, otherwise 'hungry' wouldn't be a very good motivation for monsters to attack people relentlessly.

All in all feats make bad class features and the Werelizard isn't perfectly clear on it's natural attacks and a few of it's abilities.

I will not move on to Critique and fix my Lycanthope like messes.
    I'm going to shamelessly (almost) copy the pulverize ability from the giant XD

EDIT: the deed is done.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-11-13 at 02:59 PM.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

Not enough time to do any critiquing right now, but enough time to say that the Pseudonatural Creature Picture contest is still open! Woo! If you'd like to submit any more pictures, or haven;t already, do so! Wee!
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

Not enough time to do any critiquing right now, but enough time to say that the Pseudonatural Creature Picture contest is still open! Woo! If you'd like to submit any more pictures, or haven;t already, do so! Wee!
    The enthusiasticness in this post scares me. Probably doesn't help that gorgondantess is Cthulhu.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

May I make another request, this time of the Deathless template into a class please? I hope to use that and the Gravetouched Ghoul class.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

If I wrote up an Improved Monster Class of a homebrew creature on this forum and posted it here, would you list it simply so it doesn't get lost? >.> You don't even have to list it, really, so long as the thread doesn't get destroyed and I'd be allowed feedback from others.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    If I wrote up an Improved Monster Class of a homebrew creature on this forum and posted it here, would you list it simply so it doesn't get lost? >.> You don't even have to list it, really, so long as the thread doesn't get destroyed and I'd be allowed feedback from others.
    Well the Wing Dragon is a homebrew creature and, last I looked, it was listed, so I doubt it'll be a problem.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Orc in the Playground

Can someone do a monster class of The Malison Dragon? It would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Or of The Death Dragon!
    Last edited by NecroticPunch; 2010-11-13 at 08:13 PM.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.