New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Goristro
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |+1Str,+1 Con,Goristro body

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |+1Con,

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | +1 Str,+1 Con, From The Abyss

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |,+1 Con, Growth

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |+1Str,+1 Con, Stamp

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |+1 Con, Rock Throwing

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |+1Str,+1 Con, Trample

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |+1 Con, Growth

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |+1Str,+1 Con, See invisblity

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |+1 Con, Creature of the abyss

11th|
    +11
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |+1Str,+1 Con, Roar

12th|
    +12
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |+1 Con, Growth

13th|
    +13
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |+1str,+1 Con, Great slams [/table]
    HD=D12
    2 Skill points+int per level quadruple at 1st level. Class skills Balance Climb, Intimidate ,Jump, Listen and Spot

Proficiencies A goristro is profient with his natural attack , simple and martial weapons

Spoiler
    Show
    Goristro body:The goristro loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits (basically darkvision 60 feets). It's a medium sized outsider with base 40 feets and two natural slam attacks dealing 1d8 damage each. A Goristro gains natural armor equal to his con modifier

From The Abyss Comming from the abyss a goristro learns how to shrug off pain and learns how to resist spells. He gains spell resistance equal to 11+HD and Damage reduction/sliver or good equal to half his HD.

Growth: At 4th lv a Goristro grows to large size.
    At 8th lv a Goristro grows to huge size.
    At 12th lv a goristro grows to gargantuan size.
    At 20th Lv a gorsitro grows to collosal size.
    Every time there is a size increase, the base movement speed increases by 10ft.

Creature of the abyssA goristro has spent alot of time in the abyss and he has learned diffrent techinques to shrug of pain. He gains Dr silver and good equal to his HD

Trample Trample: At ninth level, as a full-round action, The Goristro can move up to twice his speed and literally run over any opponents at least one size category smaller than itself. The goristro merely has to move over the opponents in its path; any creature whose space is completely covered by the Goristro's space is subject to the trample attack. If a target’s space is larger than 5 feet, it is only considered trampled if the Goristro moves over all the squares it occupies.

A trample attack deals bludgeoning damage (the Goristro’s slam damage + 1˝ times his Str modifier).

Trampled opponents can attempt attacks of opportunity, but these take a -4 penalty. If they do not make attacks of opportunity, trampled opponents can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage.

The save DC against the Goristro's trample attack is 10 + ˝ Goristro's HD + Goristro’s Str modifier. The Goristro can only deal trampling damage to each target once per round, no matter how many times its movement takes it over a target creature.

See invisibility A goristro has the constant effect of see invisibility.

Stomp: 1 time per 3 HD per day, a Goristro can stamp on the floor, it creates a shock wave of 10ft aurond the gorsitro and it damages as much as a slam attack to evirone in the perimeter. If a creaure is hit, they must make a balance check(10+1/2HD+str modifier) or fall down and become prone. If there is a creature larger or the same size than the goristro then this has no effect.

Rock throwing At 7thlevel, the goristro may begin throwing boulders or other large objects. A goristro at least large size can hurl rocks weighing 40 to 50 pounds each (Small objects) up to 900 feet. A Huge goristro can hurl rocks of 60 to 80 pounds (Medium objects). A Gargantuan goristro can hurl rocks of 90 to 120 pounds (large objects).

Roar A goristro's roar cause 1d6 sonic damage per 2 hd to enemies. The enemies must allows make a will save equal to 10+1/2HD+ Cha .If lower then half the goristro's HD, if the enemy fail's he is panicked, if they succeed , they are shaken. If an enemy of more then half the goristro's HD fails, they are shaken, If they succeed nothing happens. This only affect's enemies. A goristro can ultilise this ability 1 time per day per 3 HD. It is considered a full round acttion.

Great slams: The slam attack are now considered 2 handed weapons for purpose of applying extra damage from his strength bonus and from abilities like power attack.
    still missing one ability for lv2 but i found out that these creatures are from the tana'ri subtype and there able to summon other kinds of tarna'ri
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-02 at 01:08 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think I'll try the allip.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #93

More undead is always good.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Going to tackle the Titan. No monster stealing
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Forest Troll: I like! Could use a bit more stuff, though: either increase it to full BAB, or give it better ability scores (maybe rounding it off to +2 strength and dexterity), or give it powerful build. Also, while the wisdom bonus is flavorful, it's neither mechanically accurate or necessary: reflect that in its class skills.
    Also, it would be better to have the hide bonus just equal to 1/2 HD.
    Either way, it's added: go ahead and edit it in the nonce.

still missing one ability for lv2 but i found out that these creatures are from the tana'ri subtype and there able to summon other kinds of tarna'ri
    Then make it so! Look at my Cornugon for the summoning ability I use for devils/demons, and slap that on its 2nd level. Once you do that, I'll put it up.

@ Chump: Ettin, Nimblewright & Shadow added to waiting list. I'll think about the demi lich- it's technically an epic monster. If anyone wants to do it, that's fine, but I won't be putting it on the waiting list.
    As for homebrew monsters... let's get all the published monsters out of the way first, eh? I mean, you can if you really want, and I expect you to have the homebrewer critique it, but in general published monsters are my first priority- I won't put homebrew on the waiting list.
    As for revising... not my first priority. I'll do that if we hit a lull.
    Same thing with your living spell: it's of the same order as the Genius Loci: nigh unplayable and really not something we should be making a playable creature. Beyond that, the living spell is essentially impossible to balance. I promise you I'll get to it... eventually. So, in the meanwhile, go ahead and do the sniverfeblin.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive

Quote Originally Posted by FyreByrd View Post
    My Astral Stalker (finished by Oslecamo) doesn't appear to be on the list
    Would you like to finish it yourself? Do your own thing with it? Or shall I just use Oslecamo's version?

Kyuubi: Don't worry, I haven't forgotten the Styx Dragon.

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Forest Troll: I like! Could use a bit more stuff, though: either increase it to full BAB, or give it better ability scores (maybe rounding it off to +2 strength and dexterity), or give it powerful build. Also, while the wisdom bonus is flavorful, it's neither mechanically accurate or necessary: reflect that in its class skills.
    Also, it would be better to have the hide bonus just equal to 1/2 HD.
    Either way, it's added: go ahead and edit it in the nonce.
    -Yeah, I wasn't too sure whether to give full or 3/4 BAB.

-Alright, I'll drop it.

-How should I do the increase in forests? Increase the bonus to be equal to HD? Just ignore that part?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FyreByrd View Post
    -How should I do the increase in forests? Increase the bonus to be equal to HD? Just ignore that part?
    Whatever you want. Honestly, it's a small hide bonus on the creature, and equal to HD seems a bit large... so I'll just give you leeway there.

9. - Top - End - #99

Whatever you want. Honestly, it's a small hide bonus on the creature, and equal to HD seems a bit large... so I'll just give you leeway there.
    Gave it a bonus that scales a bit if in forest settings.

10. - Top - End - #100

the finshed version the goristro is on the first page. i'll just delete the things that arent important there
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-02 at 03:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

the finshed version the goristro is on the first page. i'll just delete the things that arent important there
    Don't just copy/paste it: modify it for the Goristro. There are not 16 levels of Goristro, and it should be CE & NE, not LE & NE. Use it as a guideline, not the exact same thing.

12. - Top - End - #102

Don't just copy/paste it: modify it for the Goristro. There are not 16 levels of Goristro, and it should be CE & NE, not LE & NE. Use it as a guideline, not the exact same thing.
    the promblem's fixed

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

the promblem's fixed
    No, it's not.
    At 2nd level, the goristro gains the ability to summon its brethren. Once per day the goristro can cast Summon Monster I as an SLA, with a duration of 1 minute/level instead of 1 round/level. Every 2 class levels from there on, it progresses to the next summon monster spell, culminating at Summon Monster VI at level 12. HD outside from goristro HD count as 1/2 class levels for this purpose, so with 12 levels of goristro and 6 levels of anything else, the goristro can get up to Summon Monster VIII. With 13 levels of Goristro and 20 HD, the Goristro can cast Summon Monster IX.
    The goristro can only summon CE or NE monsters.
    Use that. Also, everything goes inside the spoiler. Look at every other class.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-02 at 03:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Styx Dragon: Make the Summon Monster SLA scale from 1 to 9.
    You say it gets "styx dragon SLAs" at 4th level when it does not. In the table, don't say "Styx Dragon SLAs", actually say what SLAs it gets.
    It could also use just a little cleaning up.
    Beyond that? I actually prefer the original Styx Dragon. It gets more cool abilities, as opposed to just... spellcasting. It feels like a real class. Beyond that, the Styx Dragon was very well balanced as is- hell, I'd say it was essentially perfect. Could've used more than just bonus feats, but there you go. I think if we

15. - Top - End - #105

Default Allip [3.5 Monster Class]

Allip
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d12

Class Skills
    The allip has no class skills.

Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

ALLIP
    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Allip body, incorporeal, shadow glide, insanity touch
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Turn resistance, babble, madness
    3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 Excessive madness, +1 Cha

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An allip is proficient with all simple weapons, but no armor or shields.

Allip Body: An allip loses all racial features, replacing them with the following traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • No Constitution score.
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    • Heals naturally.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    • Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    • Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    • Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    • Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

An allip is a medium-sized undead. Any class levels an allip takes have their HD increased to d12.

Incorporeal: An allip can become incorporeal for HD + Cha modifier rounds per day. These rounds need not be consecutive; they can be split up throughout the day.

Upon reaching 10 Hit Dice, the allip becomes permanently incorporeal.

Shadow Glide (Ex): An allip gains a 15-foot fly speed with poor maneuverability.

Upon reaching 4 Hit Dice, the allip's flight improves to 30 feet with average maneuverability.

At 8 Hit Dice, the allip flies at a speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability.

Insanity Touch (Su): The allip gains a touch attack that deals 1 Wisdom damage. On each such successful attack, it gains 2 temporary hit points.

At 3 Hit Dice, this improves to 1d4 Wisdom damage and 5 temporary hit points.

Every 6 HD added after the 3rd increases the Wisdom damage of the touch by 2 and grants an additional 5 temporary hit points.

This touch attack is not treated as an incorporeal touch attack unless the allip is incorporeal. Temporary hit points gained from this ability cannot go over 2 x HD + Cha modifier, and last 1 hour.

Turn Resistance: Allips gain a +2 bonus against turn attempts.

At 6 Hit Dice, and at every 4th Hit Dice after, the allip's turn resistance bonus increases by 2.

Babble (Su): An allip mutters and whines to itself, creating a hypnotic effect. All sane creatures within 60 feet of the allip must succeed on a DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier Will save or be affected as though by a hypnotism spell for 2d4 rounds. This is a sonic mind-affecting compulsion effect. This ability can be used for 3 + Cha modifier rounds per day, though they need not be consecutive rounds; they can be split throughout the day. While this ability is active, the allip cannot speak intelligibly--they effectively lose their ability to communicate for the duration.

Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same allip’s babble for 24 hours.

Madness (Su): Anyone targeting an allip with a thought detection, charm, compulsion, or telepathic ability makes direct contact with its tortured mind and takes 1d4 points of Wisdom damage.

Excessive Madness (Su): Anyone targeting an allip or any creature within 30 feet of the allip with a thought detection, mind control, or telepathic ability comes into contact with the allip's overflowing madness and takes 2d4 points of Wisdom damage.

Ability Score Increase: The allip gains a +1 bonus to their Charisma score at 3rd level.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is my first homebrew monster class. I played around with the formatting a little, though that has little effect on the creature itself.

A 1st-level allip has most of the basic traits of an allip, including a touch attack (note that it's not incorporeal normally) dealing Wisdom damage, flight, and being incorporeal.

At 2nd level, they basically finish off their normal traits, becoming a true allip.

Excessive madness is of my own make, allowing the allip to become somewhat of a team player without even trying. The Charisma bonus at that level is kind of a filler because of a lack of truly new abilities, though it has potential to improve the allip's deflection bonus to AC and DCs for babble.

Most of their abilities scale, allowing improvement of their "racial" features even as they multiclass and improve on their other abilities. However, most of their abilities are also defensive, leaving them with very little in the way of offensive options. This is probably okay, though, considering they're undead and they're already proficient with simple weapons and they've got a touch attack.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2014-04-09 at 08:53 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

16. - Top - End - #106

*praying to god*
    i hope it's done

edit: why does the allip have a D12 for hp?the 'all class lvs get D12' should be tooken off as well
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-02 at 03:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

*praying to god*
    i hope it's done

edit: why does the allip have a D12 for hp?the 'all class lvs get D12' should be tooken off as well
    IIRC all undead have that. It's to make up for them having no con score.

Edit: Anyone able to find the picture of a Titan from the MM? Google has failed me.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-10-02 at 03:56 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108

there you go

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Edit: Anyone able to find the picture of a Titan from the MM? Google has failed me.
    This one?

Swordsage'd.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-10-02 at 04:13 PM.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Bet you found that within 5 seconds or so didn't you. Google's mad at me for using Bing today in work.

21. - Top - End - #111

Bet you found that within 5 seconds or so didn't you. Google's mad at me for using Bing today in work.
    The key is not looking under "Images." Searching under the normal search function gives you the wiki of the titan, which links you to the Wizards image.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

IIRC all undead have that. It's to make up for them having no con score.
    Yeah... it shouldn't be anything but d12 HD.

Allip looks good, but it should get full incorporeality by level 3. Also, "mind control" doesn't mean much in D&D: say charm or compulsion.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-10-02 at 04:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Allip looks good, but it should get full incorporeality by level 3.
    Being incorporeal is really powerful, though. Immunity to anything nonmagical coupled with a 50% miss chance against things that are...along with everything else being incorporeal gives you...

To me, 3rd level seems early. What's your reasoning behind that?

Also, "mind control" doesn't mean much in D&D: say charm or compulsion.
    I just copy-pasted that from the SRD, actually. Should I still change it, regardless?
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

There should also be a cap on the temp hp. I can forsee some farmyard antics touching chickens* and gaining infinite hp.

* Tehe.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

25. - Top - End - #115

*cough*goristro*cough*not*cough*listed*cough*
    i do agree with niezck, i immagine a lv 20 monk with flurry of blows, haste and weapons of speed.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    There should also be a cap on the temp hp. I can forsee some farmyard antics touching chickens* and gaining infinite hp.

* Tehe.
    Oh, crap, bag of kittens problem... yes, either put on a cap, or make it restore hp (I'd advise the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Being incorporeal is really powerful, though. Immunity to anything nonmagical coupled with a 50% miss chance against things that are...along with everything else being incorporeal gives you...

To me, 3rd level seems early. What's your reasoning behind that?
    Check out the ghost- you can get it at 1st level, albeit with some heavy drawbacks. Anyways, it has to get full incorporeality eventually, right? 3rd level is enough, or if you really have a problem with it, you can tag it to HD- if you're going to do that, though, scale up the duration until you get it.

I just copy-pasted that from the SRD, actually. Should I still change it, regardless?
    Huh... that's silly. Yeah, change it to charms or compulsions.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive

Would you like to finish it yourself? Do your own thing with it? Or shall I just use Oslecamo's version?
    I was happy with Oslecamo's version...didn't/still don't have the time to finish it properly
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin

28. - Top - End - #118

Oh, crap, bag of kittens problem... yes, either put on a cap, or make it restore hp (I'd advise the latter).
    I gave it a limit and added a duration (1 hour).

you can tag it to HD- if you're going to do that, though, scale up the duration until you get it.
    Done.

Huh... that's silly. Yeah, change it to charms or compulsions.
    Done, as well.

Also, I call the ettin. It should be done within twelve hours.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-10-02 at 05:21 PM.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119

CHRONOTYRYN

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |+1int/wis

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |+1int/wis

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |+1int/wis, Feather Flurry

4th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |+1int/wis, Growth

5th|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |+1int/wis, Wings

6th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |+1int/wis

7th|
    +3
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |+1int/wis

8th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |+1int/wis, Growth

9th|
    +4
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |+1int/wis

10th|
    +5
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |+1int/wis , Sonic Screech

11th|
    +5
    |
    +3
    |
    ++3
    |
    +7
    |+1int/wis

12th|
    +6
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |+1int/wis

13th|
    +6
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |+1int/wis

14th|
    +7
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |+1int/wis

15th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |+1int/wis

16th|
    +8
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |+1int/wis

17th|
    +8
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |+1int/wis

18th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |+1int/wis

19th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |+1int/wis, Dual actions[/table]

Ability increase A Chronotyryn can either gain +1 wisdom or +1 inteliigence per level.

Feather Flurry: A Chronotyryn can lauch his feather at the opponent, These feathers damage 1d6/Hd and he can use this ability 1 time per 3 Hd.

Growth At 4th lv a Chronotyryn grows to large size
    At 8th lv a Chronotyryn grows to huge size

Wings A Chronotyryn gains the use of his wings. He can fly 70ft/round +5ft/hd with average maneuverability.

Sonic Screech A Chronotyryn can produce a sonic screech that deals 1d8/2hd damage with a save of 10+1/Hd+wisdom/intelligence and a range of 20ft+5ft/HD.

Dual actions: At 19th lv a Chronotyryn can perform 2 rounds of action in one round as if it were two creatures. It can do a full attack action and a double move; two full attack actions and two 5-foot steps; a full attack action,
    a move action, and a spell-like ability; two spell-like abilities
    and two move actions; and so on. A Chronotyryn can use this ability 1 time per 7 HD. It last 1 round.

im a bit stuck at the vitural spell caster lv,the Sla and the compostion of the feathers(magic,admatium,etc). The racial traits,skills,profs, i'll do them latter.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-02 at 10:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

I'm going to request the Brass, Copper, Black, and Shadow Dragons in no particular order.