New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

I could try to really quick make a Force Golem component for the old Half-Golem class, since it includes variations for type of golem, it's really just two class features. But I gotta wait until Dream Larva has final approval and is added to list first, and I have the Saint ready to post at that point, so maybe someone else can pick it up? I'm sure it won't take long since it's basically just two class features added to the already existing half-golem.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

2. - Top - End - #752

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Shaedling

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Fey body,Wall of darkness, Sleeping curse,+1 dex,+1 cha
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | Create Shadow Gossamer,+1 dex,+1 cha[/table]
    HD =D8

Proficiencies : It gains Proficiencies with light armor, light sheild, simple weapons and 1 martial weapon.

Skills4+intel modfier (X4 at first level) Class Skills Bluff,Diplomacy,Escape Artist,Hide,Listen,Move silently,Spot,

Fey body:A shadeling loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits(basically darkvision and low light vision). It is a medium sized fey with a base speed of 30ft.The shaedling has wings, but isn't initially able to fly. but beacuse of the wings they gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.

At 4th HD, it gains the ability to fly with a speed of 40ft+5/Hd with average maneuverability.

Wall of darkness Once a per day per Hd a Shaedling can create a wall of darkness up to 30 ft long.This blocks the ligne of sight of those who do not have darkvision.

Sleeping curse Once a per day per Hd a Shaedling is able to enchant a weapon with the sleep for 1 round, it is a swift action. If this hit the enemy must make a save(10+1/2Hd+Cha modifer) or fall asleep of 1d6 round. They cannot be woken up by anything but a remove curse spell.

Create Shadow Gossamer A shaedling is able to create a non liquide weapon or tool of 15 pounds or lighter as a swift action.This substance is black in color. Shields that are from Shadow Gossamer have a 1 less on their armor check penalty. This ability last 5 rounds per hd. they can use this ability 2 time per Hd per day. At 3rd HD the item fuctions like masterwork,At 6th HD it gains a +1 bonus one items made by shadow gossamer. At 9th HD and every 3Hd latter it gains a addition +1 bonus, it finshes at lv 18 with a +5 bonus to shadow gossamer items.Shadow gossamer implements dissipate to nothingness if they leave the hands of a shaedling for longer than 1 round

I think it's done.

Still waiting for this to be approved.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post

Still waiting for this to be approved.
    Chill. Gorgon hasn't posted in the thread at all since the last time you posted it, so it's not like he forgot. Also, if you look at the last two pages since he posted, there are a plethora of new requests and creatures waiting for critique. Give it time, I'm sure he'll get to it in short order.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post

Is that one less than CR 20 at wyrmling?

It's CR6 at wyrmling at 24 at great wyrm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post

It's CR6 at wyrmling at 24 at great wyrm.
    Well, I don't think many of us have dragon magazine issues and somebody came to us with the suggestion of a dragon that's obscenely high CR and gargantuan size at wyrmling with 43rd level cleric casting at great wyrm. That's why Gorgon asked.

I'll start back on Illurien tonight.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-10-27 at 04:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Well, I don't think many of us have dragon magazine issues and somebody came to us with the suggestion of a dragon that's obscenely high CR and gargantuan size at wyrmling with 43rd level cleric casting at great wyrm. That's why Gorgon asked.

I'll start back on Illurien tonight.
    Oh! That's... that's... what?! Gargantuan at WYRMLING?! What size is it at Great Wyrm? And 43rd level casting? Oh my.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-27 at 04:10 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't that Platinum dragon or something? AKA Bahamut's kids?
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    Isn't that Platinum dragon or something? AKA Bahamut's kids?
    Oh so they do exist? I remember kyuubi (I think) asking about them a while back.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Oh so they do exist? I remember kyuubi (I think) asking about them a while back.
    Yeah, I wanted to make them but a bunch of peoples said they didn't exist.

Does that mean there are actually Polychromatic ones too?

10. - Top - End - #760
    Orc in the Playground

The WereScorpion

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    To become a WereScorpion, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any medium or large humanoid or giant
    Special:Must have been injured by the natural attack of another WereScorpion and contracted Entomanothropy.
    HD:d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(Scorpion), Scorpion Empathy, Lunar body, Poison
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(hybrid), Scorpion Traits
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, Greater Scorpion
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Curse of lycanthropy, Sharpened Tail [/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are Intimidate (Cha), jump (Str), hide (Dex), listen (Wis), move silently (Dex), spot (Wis), survival (Wis), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), Tumble (Dex).

Proficiencies: A WereScorpion gains proficiency with their own natural weapons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): WereScorpions retain old racial modifiers and gain the Shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision and Dark-vision 60ft if they did not already possess it.

A WereScorpion gains natural armor equal to its Con bonus while in Scorpion or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their Con bonus

Scorpion Empathy: a WereScorpion can communicate with Scorpion like beasts and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them, also he may communicate with Scorpion like Magical Beasts, all regardless of form.

Alternate Form (Su): At first level, a WereScorpion can take Monstrous Scorpion form. While in Scorpion form, a WereScorpion cannot use weapons, because of his giant claws, but gains two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Str Mod damage and a sting attack dealing 1d6+ 1.5xStr mod piercing damage. A WereScorpion can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in WereScorpion, or for every two in another class, the WereScorpion's alternate form improves as shown below
    {table]WereScorpion level+1/2 other levels | Ability improvements
    1|+1 Dex
    2|+1 Dex, +1 Con
    3|+2 Dex, +1 Con
    4|+2 Dex, +2 Con
    5|+3 Dex, +2 Con
    6|+3 Dex, +3 Con
    7|+4 Dex, +3 Con
    8|+4 Dex, +4 Con
    9|+5 Dex, +4 Con
    10|+5 Dex, +5 Con
    11|+6 Dex, +5 Con
    12|+6 Dex, +6 Con [/table]

At second level, a WereScorpion can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a WereScorpion gains two claw attacks for 1d4+ 1/2xStr mod damage each and a sting attack dealing 1d6+Str mod damage, and can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. Both alternate forms are medium sized, regardless of the creature's humanoid size.

Poison: At first level, While the WereScorpion is in Scorpion (or Hybrid) form its sting attack may inflict poison 1/day/HD. (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution Modifier and causes 1d4 constitution damage as Initial and Secondary damage. At every 4 HD this damage increases in size.)

Scorpion Traits: a WereScorpion gains a bonus to Jump and Climb equal to 1/2 his HD. Also, he gains Weapon Finnese as a bonus feat for all of his natural weapons.

Growth: At 3rd level, a WereScorpion's alternate forms may become Large if desired, though it may still become Medium.

A WereScorpion of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A WereScorpion of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A WereScorpion of 20 HD or more may choose to become Collosal by expending four normal transformations.

Greater Scorpion: A WereScorpion gains benefits from his powers. He may replace his Str mod with Dex for damage with his tail (and may add it to his claws at 12 HD).

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a WereScorpion can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save(DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Whip Tail:
    At 4th level a WereScorpion’s tail becomes even more deadly. Their tail improves by one step. It also gains an improved reach of +5ft and every 10hd it gains a 5ft bonus to a max of +15ft at 20 HD. Any feats or powers that affect a whip will work on it's tail and it may use any Bonuses a whip gets such as the ability to tril and disarm.

CHANGELOG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    •Quick Tail now maxes at 1/3 HD

•Size returned to growing Larger

•Threw in improved grab just because it felt right

•Gave 2 natural attacks and adjusted damage...(my bad for forgetting)

•Got rid of quick tail and totally drained Scorpion Power of nearly all abilities.

•Invented "Drain"

•Changed according to ChumpLump's notes

•Reworded the Sharpened tail.
    Last edited by Rumel; 2010-12-09 at 05:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    The WereScorpion
    Ok, my comments, though I may be missing the mark here.
    • This is a fairly good following of the werewhathaveyou template, well done. I'm glad you didn't pick something weird, like "Weresquid", I could at least imagine playing a scorpion.
    • Overall, the big disappointment for me is that this is fairly vanilla. It gets natural attacks and... what else? Poison? A lot of the other Were classes get some unique abilities, enough to justify not just making a "Lycanthrope" class and having variants for different creatures, like the Half-golem. This, however, really just gets natural attacks, improved natural attacks, and a poison. Maybe give it some unique and interesting abilities on top of this?
    • Lunar Body: "Lizard" form? Wha?
    • Scorpion Empathy... okay. I don't see it being used much, but okay. It fits with the trend.
    • Alternate Form: I see no problems.
    • Poison: Something is funky here. What is *with* the damage? 1d4 per 8 HD, + 1 for every 5 HD? That's just weird. I suggest you simply make it 1d4, + 1 for every 5 HD. Is this regular damage, or ability score damage? Most poisons deal ability score damage. Also, I don't think daily uses are very common for poisons, unless they are spell-like or have special properties. This is not special, it seems like a rather ordinary type of poison.
    • Which brings me to my next point: why not make it more interesting? See how Hyudra did the Gravetouched Ghoul, giving it interesting disease augments. Maybe let this gain something similar?
    • Sharpened Tail: If I've learned one thing from doing the Dream Larva, it's to not do natural attacks like this. Make it increase one step. As Gorgon told me once upon a time (like, one week ago) "There is a standard progression for these things." Or something like that which I'm too lazy to actually look up. I'd actually suggest replacing this ability with something more interesting and scorpion-like if you can. It may be nice mechanically, but I want something fun!
    • Curse of Lycanthropy: I assume this is standard, I think this is fine.
    • Constrict: Whuuhhh? This is just weird. Talk about anachronistic. Why does a scorpion have any business with constricting? Strike fast, strike once, and with a deadly poison, that's the scorpion. I don't get it. Maybe give it the ability to make a tail attack quickly, that symbolizes the "strike fast" that I think of when I envision the scorpion.

Well, those are just my thoughts, bear in mind that I'm not Gorgondantess, but these are some thoughts I had while reading your class, though they carry very little weight against more experienced people, I'm just trying to help any way I can. I figure if I'm right in my critique, like Hyudra said, that's one less thing for others to do.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

12. - Top - End - #762

The constrict ablity is something the scorpion has, Though it's more a matter of squeezing with its pincers

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

13. - Top - End - #763

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The constrict ablity is something the scorpion has, Though it's more a matter of squeezing with its pincers
    I see that the Monstrous Scorpion has it, but it doesn't seem to fit to me. I wouldn't want that ability if I'm playing a scorpion. That's my personal opinion. Squeezing with pincers doesn't feel like a scorpion's shtick to me.

To me, it just seems like it doesn't fit the scorpion, even if it is in the monstrous scorpion.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-27 at 09:43 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

Total remake... Now is sneaky and fast tail, not giant picers.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Orc in the Playground

I've been reading through a lot of this thread recently, and noticed there was no Gargoyle in the list. It was only after completing it that I did a forum search and found out it had been previously attempted <_<

Gargoyle

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Reflex|Will|Features

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Gargoyle Body, Controlled Fall, Sneak Attack +1d6, Stone Façade, +1 Con

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Damage Reduction, Pouncing Ambush, +1 Con

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Bite, Magic Claws, Sneak Attack +2d6, +1 Con

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Flight, Pay No Mind, +1 Con[/table]

Skills: 4 + Int per level, x4 at 1st level. A gargoyle's class skills are Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Disguise, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (architecture and engineering), Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move Silently and Spot.

Proficiencies: A gargoyle is proficient with its natural weapons, and with simple weapons.

Features:

Gargoyle Body: A gargoyle loses all other racial bonuses and gains monstrous humanoid traits (darkvision 60'), and the (Earth) subtype. It is a medium monstrous humanoid with a land speed of 40 feet, and two primary claw attacks that deal 1d4 + Str damage each. Additionally, a gargoyle has a natural armor bonus equal to its Con modifier.

Controlled Fall (Ex):A gargoyle has wings, but they are not yet powerful enough to lift its stonelike body, or even glide. It can however use them to negate falling damage. A common gargoyle plan of attack is to perch on a high ledge and swoop down upon a victim.

Sneak Attack (Ex:): At every odd level a gargoyle gains +1d6 sneak attack damage, as a rogue.

Stone Façade (Ex): A gargoyle gains racial bonuses to certain applications of skills. Each bonus is equal to 2 + half the gargoyle's hit dice.
    * Bluff: A gargoyle can use this skill, gaining its racial bonus, to appear perfectly still, to the point where other creatures have difficulty discerning if it is really alive. This is typically used to appear as a lifeless statue, but could also be used to fake death in combat.
    This usage of Bluff is opposed by other creatures' Spot checks, instead of Sense Motive.
    * Hide: A gargoyle gains its racial bonus when attempting to conceal itself against a background of stone.
    * Knowledge (architecture and engineering): A gargoyle can substitute this skill, gaining its racial bonus, for Search checks to notice unusual stonework. This ability counts as a dwarf's Stonecunning for the purpose of prerequisites. Gargoyles, being earth-aligned creatures that resemble statues, have a strong innate sense of the form and function of worked stone.

Ability Score Increases: At each level, a gargoyle permanently increases its Constitution by 1.

Damage Reduction (Ex): At 2nd level, a gargoyle's stonelike body hardens, and it gains DR/magic equal to half its HD. At 10 HD, this changes to DR/magic and adamantine.

Pouncing Ambush (Ex): At 2nd level, a gargoyle may make a charge and follow with a full attack, provided all the attacks it makes are against flat-footed opponents.

Bite: At 3rd level, a gargoyle gains a secondary bite attack, which deals damage equal to 1d6 + half the gargoyle's Str modifier.

Magic Claws (Su): At 3rd level, a gargoyle can treat its natural weapons as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Flight (Ex): At 4th level, a gargoyle may at last use its wings to fly. It gains a flight speed of 60 feet (average).

Pay No Mind (Su): When a 4th level gargoyle assumes the appearance of a statue, as per its Stone Façade ability, any creature who fails its opposed Spot check must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your hit dice + your Cha modifier) or be convinced it is most definitely a harmless statue unworthy of further investigation. Yes, even if said creature is a monster hunter who has seen a hundred gargoyles in their lifetime.

Once a creature has seen the gargoyle move, it is immune to this ability for 24 hours. This is an Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting] effect.

Kapoacinth: At 1st level, a gargoyle may instead choose to be a kapoacinth (an aquatic gargoyle). A kapoacinth gains a swim speed of 30', however at 1st level is too clumsy and heavy to be able to take 10 on Swim checks when distracted or endangered. Kapoacinth are amphibious, able to breathe both air and water.

A 4th level kapoacinth does not gain flight. Instead, its swim speed improves to 60', and it becomes a more natural swimmer. It gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard, can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even when distracted or endangered, and can use the run action when swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gargoyles are melee creatures with the ability to hide. While they get flight, I wanted to emphasise sudden strike tactics, so I stayed away from the harpy's abilities and gave it sneak attack and Pouncing Ambush. If it's overkill, I could reduce the sneak attack by 1 die, or get rid of it and come up with something else.

It lost its gore attack, because I was worried about it delivering 4 sneak attacks at or before 4th level. Other minor things that got lost were the racial bonus to Spot and Listen, and the +4 Str, +4 Dex, +8 Con, which became +4 total Con.

Stone Façade is my attempt to fold in the Gargoyle's Freeze ability with its +10 to Hide checks among stone, and give a couple of other interesting abilities.

Pay No Mind exists to stop those pesky metagaming adventurers (or genre savvy NPCs) from simply attacking every winged humanoid statue. Disguise is a class skill for the same reason.

DR became adamantine rather than magic. DR becomes adamantine and magic at level 10
    Last edited by Violet Octopus; 2010-10-28 at 09:06 PM.
    Someday I'll have my anxiety under control, but until then, I'm prone to sudden month-long disappearances.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Why not just make it a bonus on a disguise check to look like stone/dead instead of altering bluff for a specific usage?
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

17. - Top - End - #767

The WereScorpion
    Agreeing with everything Magicyop said, and adding in that if I were to play a Scorpion-template creature, I personally would rather go GIANT SCORPION GOD OF KILLING, rather than small and sneaky. I suppose a diminutive scorpion assassin may be fun, but for me I'd enjoy more the Colossal Scorpion warrior or mage.

That's just me.

Gargoyle:
    * Knowledge (architecture and engineering): A gargoyle can substitute this skill, gaining its racial bonus, for Search checks to notice unusual stonework. This ability counts as a dwarf's Stonecunning for the purpose of prerequisites. Gargoyles, being earth-aligned creatures, have
    This sentence. It isn't finished...
    Where did the Adamantine come from? Arn't Gargoyle's usualy damage resistant against Magic? I can see a HD progression, but Adamantine at L.3, well I don't know. Doesn't seem right to me, but it might be precedent. I don't know anymore.
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-10-28 at 03:47 PM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Why not just make it a bonus on a disguise check to look like stone/dead instead of altering bluff for a specific usage?
    At one point while typing Stone Façade up, Disguise worked the same way as Bluff. I cut that out because using Disguise to appear dead didn't make much sense to me, but I could make it work for both, or split the ability between the two skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    This sentence. It isn't finished...
    Where did the Adamantine come from? Arn't Gargoyle's usualy damage resistant against Magic? I can see a HD progression, but Adamantine at L.3, well I don't know. Doesn't seem right to me, but it might be precedent. I don't know anymore.
    Aargh, fixed. It was a flavour sentence.

The adamantine was because DR/magic is pretty pointless at higher levels. But it's been changed to DR/magic, which then becomes DR magic and adamantine at 10th level.
    Someday I'll have my anxiety under control, but until then, I'm prone to sudden month-long disappearances.

19. - Top - End - #769

The WereScorpion
    In my opinion, much more awesome. I have just one comment, and that's the same thing that Chump said-- put it back so it gets to be colossal, instead of fine. What, "I am scorpion, fear my wrath!" No. Giant Scorpion God of Death would be much more awesome. Other than that, I like the changes you made. It's fine to keep the sneaky-like abilities, but make it so I can be large and sneaky too.

Oh, also, I suggest you make Quick Tail max out at 1/3 HD, or something a little bit higher.

One last thing, you should add a changelog that keeps a list of what changes you've made. Don't stress it for the changes you just made, but for future reference. I did exactly the same thing with Larva, so it only has about halfway through my editing process recorded. It's just good book-keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Gargoyle
    Looks good for the most part, in my opinion...
    • Agree with Tacitus, Stone Facade is much too complicated. Make it just a straight bonus on Disguise checks to appear like a normal statue, that's it. Simple, easy to use, straight to the point.
    • You need to add something that says after a creature has been attacked, it is no longer subject to Pay No Mind. Otherwise a Gargoyle could just swoop down, make an attack, freeze and pretend to be a statue, and then attack again when they turn their backs. You know, Doctor Who style. Kinda cool, but it doesn't make sense.
    • Mm, I don't know, it's just... it seems rather vanilla to me. Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but it seems like all it can do is hide and pounce with a couple natural weapons. I'd expand its versatility, personally. Give it more options and keep it so it can be competitive when it reaches higher hit dice.

Agreeing with everything Qwert said,
    If you mean me, Qwernt did my avatar, I am not Qwernt.

Okay, quick question, I need a suggestion on the Saint. I know I can't post it yet, because Dream Larva doesn't have final approval, but a suggestion from anyone would come in handy. It normally gets immunity to three energy types, and that's overpowered for a two-level class. Right now I have it so that it gains one energy immunity when it takes the level, and another every 10 HD, so it has all three at 20 HD. Is that overpowered? Should I leave it like I have it now, or only give them one energy immunity, period?
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-28 at 10:52 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

20. - Top - End - #770

Daemon

Can I ask a quick question? Which monster classes get fast healing/regeneration?
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    If you mean me, Qwernt did my avatar, I am not Qwernt.

Okay, quick question, I need a suggestion on the Saint. I know I can't post it yet, because Dream Larva doesn't have final approval, but a suggestion from anyone would come in handy. It normally gets immunity to three energy types, and that's overpowered for a two-level class. Right now I have it so that it gains one energy immunity when it takes the level, and another every 10 HD, so it has all three at 20 HD. Is that overpowered? Should I leave it like I have it now, or only give them one energy immunity, period?
    I should sleep before posting. Sorry, Magicyop.
    One thing that has been done is Resistance = HD to energy type.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    Can I ask a quick question? Which monster classes get fast healing/regeneration?
    I'm... not positive there's any real pattern for that. If the actual monster has fast healing or regeneration, it looks to me as if the monster class will get fast healing or regeneration. You'll have to ask Gorgon, but I believe that it's just whichever monsters need it, for balance or for flavor.

I should sleep before posting. Sorry, Magicyop.
    One thing that has been done is Resistance = HD to energy type.
    That might work. I would like them to gain immunity at some HD though. Thanks!
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-28 at 12:14 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    Half-Glass-Golem
    Troll
    Half-Troll
    Monster of Legend if you pick the FH power
    Rust Monster can spend Rust Points to get it for a while.

Probably more, haven't read them in a while.

That might work. I would like them to gain immunity at some HD though. Thanks!
    Ones I make upgrade to Immunity at 15HD, though I'm not sure if that's a standard or anything.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2010-10-28 at 12:18 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Ones I make upgrade to Immunity at 15HD, though I'm not sure if that's a standard or anything.
    But do you think three energy immunities would be a little much at 15 HD? That's not rhetorical, I'd really like an opinion on if three energy immunities is balanced or not at that level.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

But do you think three energy immunities would be a little much at 15 HD? That's not rhetorical, I'd really like an opinion on if three energy immunities is balanced or not at that level.
    Well a Dragonfire Adept can do it by that point, so I think it's pretty balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

depends on the immunities and what else the class gets.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Maybe a feature of the gargoyle could be adaptations? Y'know, going one way turns you into an aquatic gargoyle, or makes you bigger and stronger, gives you four arms, a connection to Fiends, that kind of stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

The thing I am about to post is REALLY stupid... But roll with it ok. Imagine you are a monster sick of smacking his fourth head on the too small human door... Then you need this...........

29. - Top - End - #779

The thing I am about to post is REALLY stupid... But roll with it ok. Imagine you are a monster sick of smacking his fourth head on the too small human door... Then you need this...........
    Whoa, wait, wait. Read the rules on the first post. Gorgon has not critiqued and approved your first monster class, so you can't make another. Why do you think I've been waiting so long to post the Saint? Save it in a file somewhere and post it once Werescorpion is approved.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

30. - Top - End - #780
    Orc in the Playground

Whoa, wait, wait. Read the rules on the first post. Gorgon has not critiqued and approved your first monster class, so you can't make another. Why do you think I've been waiting so long to post the Saint? Save it in a file somewhere and post it once Werescorpion is approved.
    Doesn't matter... *Sniff * I... I... I accidentally deleted it.... Awww...