New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Ok re-did Scorpion.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, Saint is posted. Everyone feel free to critique, don't be shy.

Oh, and if you have any ideas for more Saintly Touches I'd be very happy to hear them.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

3. - Top - End - #813

Pure Body: Unlike other monster classes, the creature's original racial traits are retained. The Saint becomes a Native Outsider, with the augmented subtype if necessary. The Saint gains damage reduction equal to half their HD, this damage reduction is overcome by evil aligned weapons. They gain fast healing equal to half their HD, unless they had better fast healing before. Additionally, they gain immunity to petrification, and either acid, cold, or electricity. For every 10 HD they have, they may become immune to another of these energy types.
    Resitance half HD and then resitance full HD at level 10 would be better

The Saint gains low-light vision and 60 ft. darkvision, unless it already had better darkvision. They have a +4 racial bonus on saves against poison and disease.
    Scale it, resitance is equal to Hd
    A Saint also gains their wisdom modifier as an insight bonus to their armor class.
    not really sure about this,Kinda over powered.
    Answered Prayers: When a Saint prays, their prayers are always answered. They are the favored of the beings of greater good. A Saint gains spell-like abilities according to their hit dice, as shown on the following table. They retain the abilities from lower levels.
    {table=head]HD|Abilities
    1-6|Guidance, Resistance, Virtue at will.
    6-10|Bless at will, Shield of Faith 1/day.
    10-14|Aid 3/day, Consecrate 1/day.
    14-18|Prayer at will.
    18+|Atonement 1/day.[/table]
    Make it scale, No At will, What 's the save? the caster level? The casting stat?
    lv 1-6might be 1/Hd
    6-10=2/hd or 3/hd
    10-14=3/hd or 4/Hd
    18=4/hd or 5/Hd

Countenance of Light: At 2nd level, a Saint swells with holy power which provides it protection even in its darkest hour. As a free action, a Saint may activate this ability. It shines as a flame, epitomizing all that is good in the world. It sheds bright light in a 20 ft. radius. This acts as a Magic Circle against Evil with a radius of 20 ft. combined with a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability with a radius of 20 ft.
    This should always be active, if not how long would it be active?

Additionally, the holy power makes you an unstoppable force of righteousness. Add +2 to the DC of all of your special attacks, including spells, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, extraordinary abilities, and maneuvers.
    Not really sure, maybe only the good spells or something like that.
    Saintly Touch: A Saint's touch is renowned for being able to heal the
    sick, cure the injured, or even inflict righteous power upon their foes. You deal an additional 1d6 damage on any attack against an evil creature, any weapon you pick up or use is good-aligned. You may choose one of the following saint touches:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Purifying Touch: Your touch carries the effects of Purify Food and Drink, Bless Water, Remove Disease, and Neutralize Poison.
    • Curing Touch: Your touch carries the effects of Cure Light Wounds. You may not touch yourself to heal.
    • Calming Touch: The target of your touch must succeed on a will save or else become calm and unable to take violent actions for one hour, or until they are attacked in some manner.
    • Blessed Protection: Any object that you touch is treated as if the spell Forbiddance had been cast on it, except that only evil creatures take damage when trying to enter the area, and only evil creatures are blocked from planar travel into the area. This lasts for 1 day/2HD, instead of being permanent.
    • Righteous Hammer: Any nongood creature which you touch takes 3d6 damage, plus the 1d6 which you normally get against evil creatures. You add another d6 if the target is in the process of undertaking an evil act.
    • Uplifted Spirit: Anyone who you lay your hand upon gains a +2 morale bonus on all rolls for 24 hours.
    Most op thing ever,Broken like hell.Put a certain number of times per day Or even maybe take it out completly.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-29 at 08:19 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The bleakborn focuses on melee combat and draining effects whereas the marraenoloth is focused on skills and magic. It's hard to compare the two.
    Actually, it's quite easy. They both have animate dead, a scaling amount of d6's to touch attacks, and a no-action attack. Yes?

Dream Larva: Okay, the original natural attacks were excessive, but as is it's excessive the other way a little. First of all, you should always be gaining the primary natural attacks at first level under the "body" ability. Separate claws & pincers- claws can be gained as early as 2nd level.
    I still don't like how bad dream is worded. Check out the marraenoloth's fear gaze- see how short and sweet and simple that is? We have rules for gaze attacks.
    Otherwise, looks... okay. You didn't change the save DC on the dreamweaving, though... the problem with it is that one would often choose to make a very low DC check, just in case. Make it a flat DC- 10+1/2 HD+cha mod, with an option of increasing the save DC by 1 for every 5 they increase the skill check DC by.
    Also state that the roll is made first, and then they get to choose what they do. No failures, unless they get under 10.
    Should be dream larva only- that's a supernatural ability, and I can't see some fighter just picking it up.
    How do you choose who to send the dream to? It should have limitations, such as within plane, within a certain range, maybe even only by touch... then let the dream larva peel away the limitations as it levels up, until it can affect anybody, anywhere.

You may want to mention what action Shadow Gossamer is, as it may come up in combat.
    It's in there.

Monkman: What are you talking about? I didn't miss ANY of those. They're just not finished, most of them.

Also, did you ever get around to adding Evolved Undead to the list? I know it's not my class, but it's really cool and I'd like to see it playable one day.
    Still not finished. Needs to be a 5 level class.

Speaking of which, what do y'all think of the age requirements on evolved undead? Should I add them to the class? I've always hated fluff requirements like that, but it may prove an effective balancing mechanism...

Saint: It should have all the requirements from the BoED. ALL OF THEM.
    Either add more class skills, or reduce the skill points.
    What happens if the saint is construct or undead?
    They retain the abilities from lower levels.
    What is this referring to?

It should list specific HDs, not ranges. That's confusing. Also, scale SLAs to HD.
    Scale the globe of invulnerability up to 8; I'd use levels of up to 1/2 HD-1.
    I don't like the flat DC bonus. Make it go away!
    Purifying touch: Not at will. At least not the big ones, or bless water (stick your hand into the water while in a boat and bless the ocean!)
    Not sure about the forbiddance effect.
    Scale righteous hammer!

Monkman: How is the touch thing the most OP thing ever?
    Also, wis-to-AC is NOT OP. Just look at the monk.
    Uplifting spirit: again, not at will.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #815

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Resitance half HD and then resitance full HD at level 10 would be better
    The saint does get those immunities, but if you think it's too much, I'll make it immune.

Scale it, resitance is equal to Hd
    Ehh... I'd rather not give them some weird +15 bonus against disease and poison, it's just a flat thing, like the racial bonus from halfling. I understand the power of scaling, but not everything has to scale, right?

not really sure about this,Kinda over powered.
    What? How? The Monk gets exactly the same thing.

Make it scale, No At will, What 's the save? the caster level? The stat?
    lv 1-6might be 1/Hd
    6-10=2/hd or 3/hd
    10-14=3/hd or 4/Hd
    18=4/hd or 5/Hd
    They're 0th level abilities that it gets at will. And Prayer seemed like such a small bonus that fit very well that at will would work out.

This should always be active, if not how long would it be active?
    Until they deactivate it. It's an aura, free action to activate or deactivate.

Not really sure, maybe only the good spells or something like that.
    It is one of the major bonuses of the saint class, but I could see limiting it a little bit.

Saintly Touch: A Saint's touch is renowned for being able to heal the
    Most op thing ever,Broken like hell.Put a certain number of times per day Or even maybe take it out completly.
    What? What?

How is this "broken like hell" and "most op thing ever"?! It's just a choice of a touch power. Is it one of the specific touches that is overpowered, or...? You're not being clear enough here. I don't understand what the issue is.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

6. - Top - End - #816

•Purifying Touch: Your touch carries the effects of Purify Food and Drink, Bless Water, Remove Disease, and Neutralize Poison.
    Diease or poision wont do much.
    •Curing Touch: Your touch carries the effects of Cure Light Wounds. You may not touch yourself to heal.
    Infinite hp for allies.
    •Calming Touch: The target of your touch must succeed on a will save or else become calm and unable to take violent actions for one hour, or until they are attacked in some manner.
    You can stop half of your enemies
    Uplifted Spirit: Anyone who you lay your hand upon gains a +2 morale bonus on all rolls for 24 hours
    Bless give +1 and you can do this infinitely
    Saintly Touch: A Saint's touch is renowned for being able to heal the sick, cure the injured, or even inflict righteous power upon their foes. You deal an additional 1d6 damage on any attack against an evil creature, any weapon you pick up or use is good-aligned
    It would be better if it was something like this
    [SPOILER]Unholy strike:The unholy scion is able to infuse dark energy into his weapon. He gains an additional amount of profane damage based on his HD to all melee attacks & melee touch attacks.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-29 at 08:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #817

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Dream Larva: Okay, the original natural attacks were excessive, but as is it's excessive the other way a little. First of all, you should always be gaining the primary natural attacks at first level under the "body" ability.
    Check, I'll get 'er done.

Separate claws & pincers- claws can be gained as early as 2nd level.
    Okay! Is giving them pincers at the level that is currently at alright?
    I still don't like how bad dream is worded. Check out the marraenoloth's fear gaze- see how short and sweet and simple that is?We have rules for gaze attacks.
    Makes sense, will do.
    Otherwise, looks... okay. You didn't change the save DC on the dreamweaving, though... the problem with it is that one would often choose to make a very low DC check, just in case. Make it a flat DC- 10+1/2 HD+cha mod, with an option of increasing the save DC by 1 for every 5 they increase the skill check DC by.
    Sorry, I meant to do that but I forgot. Or I thought I did. Or something.

...I'm tired.

Also state that the roll is made first, and then they get to choose what they do. No failures, unless they get under 10.
    Should be dream larva only- that's a supernatural ability, and I can't see some fighter just picking it up.
    Is it possible I could require a certain level of spellcasting? Because while you're right, I could see a Paladin learning to be able to inspire the followers of light, or a powerful evil wizard sending omens to villages he plans to attack.

How do you choose who to send the dream to? It should have limitations, such as within plane, within a certain range, maybe even only by touch... then let the dream larva peel away the limitations as it levels up, until it can affect anybody, anywhere.
    Alright.

Speaking of which, what do y'all think of the age requirements on evolved undead? Should I add them to the class? I've always hated fluff requirements like that, but it may prove an effective balancing mechanism...
    It'd be nice, I think. Since age is mostly fluff in the first place, for immortals such as undead, it'd be interesting.

Saint: It should have all the requirements from the BoED. ALL OF THEM.
    The only requirements it does not have are those relating to Exalted Feats, which are Non-OGL, and you keep telling me to not put in any Non-OGL material! Now you have me all confused, what should I do?

Either add more class skills, or reduce the skill points.
    Okay.

What happens if the saint is construct or undead?
    Why not? I don't see any problem with an undead saint, it would be like a Good Lich.

What is this referring to?
    I was just saying that the higher level SLA's do not replace the lower level ones.

It should list specific HDs, not ranges. That's confusing. Also, scale SLAs to HD.
    Will do. Any suggestions on how I could neatly do that inside the table? It seems like it'd clutter the table a little bit.

Scale the globe of invulnerability up to 8; I'd use levels of up to 1/2 HD-1.
    Hmm, eh? I'm not sure what you mean here. Scale what up? The levels excluded?

I don't like the flat DC bonus. Make it go away!
    Poof! Kazam! It's gone!

Purifying touch: Not at will. At least not the big ones, or bless water (stick your hand into the water while in a boat and bless the ocean!)
    Ooch. Good point. "I purify the food and drink... ALL OF IT!"

Not sure about the forbiddance effect.
    The idea was basically protecting simple good people from evil monsters. Any determined villain can just teleport outside and walk in. I agree that it *is* a higher level spell, I was hoping that limiting it to only evil creatures would balance. What about if I also limit the damage so it's no threat to higher level creatures to physically enter?

Scale righteous hammer!
    How about 1d6/2 HD?

Uplifting spirit: again, not at will.
    Yup, will do.

Thanks again to both of you for the critique(s)!
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

8. - Top - End - #818
    Orc in the Playground

Is there anyone with a good idea for my Drain ability... I feel something is off...

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ettin in the Playground

Diease or poision wont do much.
    They're all low level spells, and the only thing that can be construed as broken there is the unlimited uses, which still isn't bad.

Infinite hp for allies.
    Soooo? Infinite out of combat healing, which is no problem at all.

You can stop half of your enemies
    It's identical to a first level spell.

Bless give +1 and you can do this infintly.
    Oh, gee, it's more powerful than a 1st level spell! How awful!

Okay! Is giving them pincers at the level that is currently at alright?
    Yeppers.

Is it possible I could require a certain level of spellcasting? Because while you're right, I could see a Paladin learning to be able to inspire the followers of light, or a powerful evil wizard sending omens to villages he plans to attack.
    There are spells for that. I don't like it: we're not in the business of making homebrew for any character, we're in the business of adapting classes.

The only requirements it does not have are those relating to Exalted Feats, which are Non-OGL, and you keep telling me to not put in any Non-OGL material! Now you have me all confused, what should I do?
    ... I'm tired.

Why not? I don't see any problem with an undead saint, it would be like a Good Lich.
    It changes the type to outsider.

The idea was basically protecting simple good people from evil monsters. Any determined villain can just teleport outside and walk in. I agree that it *is* a higher level spell, I was hoping that limiting it to only evil creatures would balance. What about if I also limit the damage so it's no threat to higher level creatures to physically enter?
    Maybe. Try it out and I'll see if I like it.

How about 1d6/2 HD?
    Works for me.

10. - Top - End - #820

Changes have been made to both Dream Larva (way back on page 8) and Saint (one page ago). Hope they look okay now!

EDIT: Craft: Dreamweaving's limits on range can be found in the form of a footnote type thing under the table. Just for your information.

EDIT2: Meant to ask this earlier but I forgot, and I just remembered when looking over the class. Is the damage on Righteous Hammer okay? Or should I apply that your bonus to any attack against evil creatures does not apply to this attack? I assume it's not as big a problem since it is essentially an Eldritch Blast which does a little bit more damage, but has no range and no way to make it stronger.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-30 at 08:15 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

11. - Top - End - #821

Maug

Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    | Construct Body,Pulverize,+1Str
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |+1Str
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Rapid Repair,Growth +1str
    [/table]
    HD=D10

Skills 2+int modifier(x4 at first lv) Class skills Craft,Intimidate,Knowledge(architecture andengineering),Listen,Profession (siege engineer and soldier),Spot, Survival

Proficiencies: A maug gains proficiency with all armor,all sheild(including tower shields) simple and martial weapons

Construct Body :The Maug loses all racial modifiers and receives the Construct type (which grants darkvision 60'), medium size, 40 ft. land speed, and 2 natural slam attacks dealing 1d8+strength modifier damage.A maug is able to wear armor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • No Constitution score.

• Darkvision out to 60 feet.

• Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

• Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.

• Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, ability damage, fatigue or exhaustion, or energy drain

• Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

• Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed

• Never being alive to begin with, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. It can only be revived by a wish, limited wish, miracle, or by reconstructing the Maug's body (requiring 10000 gp worth of specially treated alloys- or the golem's previous body, and a DC 18 Stonecrafting check) and then a reincarnate spell, which will always put the Maug's soul into the new effigy.

• Constructs does not breathe, eat, or sleep.

A maug also gains natural armor equal to it’s strength modifier

The maugs also get a +4 bonus to Craft (stonemasonry) and Knowledge (architecture and engineering) checks.

The Golem also gains +1 HP per HD at 5 HD. This bonus increases to +2 at 10 HD, +3 at 15 HD, and +4 at 20 HD.

Pulverize: 1 time per Hd per day. A maug is able to overcome any DR and hardness of an object or creature with all it's attack for 1 round.

Rapid Repair: A Maug gains fast healing equal to half his HD.

Growth: A muag grows to large size.

Grafts:Need help,( Should I give it to them all the levels? and how can i change the ones below.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Locking Hand: This stone hand is designed so that its fingers can clasp and lock together. It replaces a creature’s normal hand. When used to make unarmed attacks, it deals normal damage unless the attacker chooses to take a –4 penalty to deal subdual damage. A locking hand does not change the amount of damage a creature deals with its unarmed or natural attacks. The main purpose of a locking hand is to strengthen a creature’s grip, making it more difficult to disarm the creature or dislodge an item from its grasp. The grafted creature gets a +5 bonus on any roll to avoid being disarmed, to oppose attempts to escape a grapple, to catch itself while falling, and to hold onto a surface when damaged while climbing. A creature with more than one locking hand stacks the bonuses of each hand involved in the activity. Locking hands can be locked and unlocked as easily as a creature can make a fist; they do not inhibit spellcasting or skill use. The bonus from a locking hand stacks with that provided by a locked gauntlet.

Rollers
    Six great stone cylinders beneath a pyramid of rock, rollers replace the creature’s legs and feet. Rollers add 20 feet to the grafted creature’s land speed and give it the ability to trample foes, but the grafted creature takes a –8 penalty on Climb, Ride, and Swim skill checks. The grafted creature cannot run. As a standard action during its turn each round, the
    grafted creature can move up to its speed and run over opponents at least one size category smaller than itself. This attack deals bludgeoning damage based on the creature’s size (see Table A2–3). A trampled opponent can attempt either an attack of opportunity at a –4 penalty or a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 grafted creature’s HD + grafted creature’s Str modifier) for half damage

Spoiler
    Show

Fine 1d6
    Diminutive 1d8
    Tiny 2d6
    Small 2d8
    Medium-size 4d6
    Large 4d8
    Huge 8d6
    Gargantuan 8d8
    Colossal 16d6

Shoving Arm: A shoving arm is a pistonlike stone appendage that ends in an upright, flattened stone hand. It is attached a creature’s torso along with a stone “belt” to secure it in place. The arm is useless for most activities, but once per round as an attack action it can be used to make a special shoving attack against any opponent within 5 feet ofthe grafted creature. The grafted creature makes a melee touch attack that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If it hits with its shoving arm, it and the struck opponent make opposed Strength checks as though the grafted creature had made a bull rush attack. In addition to the normal bonuses, the grafted creature adds a special +5 bonus on this roll. If the grafted creature wins, the defender is pushed back 5 feet plus an additional 1 foot per point by which the grafted creature exceeded the defender’s result. The grafted
    creature does not move with the shoved defender. For purposes of shoving unattended objects, the shoving arm has a Strength equal to 10 + the Strength of the grafted creature. The shoving arm can push creatures and objects in straight lines only.

Shudder Plate: Usually placed in the chest of a creature, a shudder plate looks like a thin square of shale set in a stone frame. Specially designed and enhanced, a shudder plate quietly shakes and vibrates in its case, giving the grafted creature a supernatural understanding of the area surrounding it. If the grafted creature is in contact with the ground, it can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground. In addition, the grafted creature takes a –4 penalty on Move Silently skill checks.

Spike Stones:These small round stones are inserted into the surface of the flesh of a creature, all over its body. The grafted creature can cause them to grow as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The stones suddenly lengthen into sharp spikes, capable of piecing flesh and armor alike. In a grapple, the spikes deal 2d4 points of piercing damage in addition to normal grapple damage when the grafted creature makes a successful grapple check. A grafted creature can also use the spikes as a light weapon that deals 1d4 points of piercing damage; in conjunction with an unarmed or natural attack, the spike stones deal an additional 1d4 points of piercing damage with each hit.

Stone Spitter: A stone spitter is a boxlike or binlike device, usually affixed to the shoulder of a creature. At the weapon’s base is a tube from which stones can be fired with amazing accuracy and deadly effect. A creature grafted with a stone spitter can use it to fire a stone or sling bullet by making a ranged attack. Such attacks have a range increment of 50 feet, dealing damage according to the grafted creature’s size (see Table A2–3). Six times per day, the stone spitter can fire its ammunition at a supernaturally high velocity and power. Such attacks deal damage one die type higher than normal and have a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. A stone spitter can be loaded with up to 50 stones or sling bullets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fine 1
    Diminutive 1d2
    Tiny 1d3
    Small 1d4
    Medium-size 1d4
    Large 1d6
    Huge 1d8
    Gargantuan 1d10
    Colossal 2d6
    With the increase
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fine 1d2+1
    Diminutive 1d3+1
    Tiny 1d4+1
    Small 1d6+1
    Medium-size 1d6+1
    Large 1d8+1
    Huge 1d10+1
    Gargantuan 2d6+1
    Colossal 2d8+1
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-01 at 04:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822

Maug
    If you'd like I'll fully critique later, but for now I just want to say I love it. It's cool, it looks fun! It's like... Iron Golem lite, with a unique spin.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

13. - Top - End - #823
    Bugbear in the Playground

Changed scaling of the bleakborn's icy touch, increased damage of greater heat draining aura. For future reference, could you point out how you think a class should be changed rather than pointing me to another class? I'm not much good at making comparisons.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

So was my Scorpion accepted? I just want to know if I can post my new creature.

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    I was floundering about the webz when I found this link:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...ools/20030401c

So, let us see what the Unseely Fey keep as pets.....

Cheshire Cat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Die: d6

Class Skills
    A Cheshire Cat's class skills are Balance, Climb, Diplomacy, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot

Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Fey Body, Rictus Grin, +1 DEX
    2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Don't Mind Me, Whispy Voice, Controlled Invisibility, +1 DEX
    3|+1|+1|+1|+3|I'm Really Not Here, Spells of Madness, +2 DEX[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Cheshire Cat is only proficient with it's natural attacks.

Fey Body: A Cheshire Cat loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits(basically darkvision and low light vision). It is a small sized fey with a base speed of 30ft, and a climb speed of 30ft, capable of fine manipulation, and two claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage each. At 3rd level, it's claws may count as Chaotic aligned for the sake of bypassing DR. A Cheshire Cat speaks Common and Sylvan.

Rictus Grin: One of the most famous abilities of a Cheshire Cat is to smile so wide it is downright creepy. A Cheshire Cat may cast Lesser Confusion as an SLA a number of times per day equal to his HD. At 5HD level, this becomes Confusion instead. At 15HD level, it becomes Insanity, and he gains the ability to cast Confusion at will, as an SLA.

Ability Increases: At 1st and 2nd level, the Cheshire Cat gains +1 DEX, and at 3rd level, it gains +2 DEX.

Controlled Invisibility(Su): A Cheshire cat can become wholly or partially invisible at will. Whenever it uses this ability, it can choose the precise portions of its body that become invisible. At Level 2, it can only make portions of its body invisible, so it gains partial concealment (20% miss chance); At Level 3 it has total concealment (50% miss chance). Activating this ability or changing the degree of concealment it grants is a standard action. A Cheshire cat often chooses to leave only its smile, which is unusually wide and rather unfeline, visible. At 7HD, you may become utterly unseen (As per the Invisibility spell) instead of shades of invisibility, and at 12HD, this becomes Greater Invisibility, as not even the laws of reality can keep a track of you

Don't Mind Me: You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when moving out of threatened squares.

Whispy Voice: You gain Ventriloquisim and Ghost Sound as at will SLA's.

I'm Really Not Here: At 3rd level, you can assure reality that your not really here, and it's just dreaming. You and all your spells cast by you become immune to See Invisibility. At 15HD, you become immune to True Seeing. At 25HD, nothing may find you, not even Divine Salient Abilities or other such Epic things.

Spells of Madness: A Cheshire Cat can cast any spell of a level no higher than 1/2 his HD from the Madness domain twice per day as an SLA, with a CL equal to his HD. DCs are (10+1/2HD+Cha). Also if the Cheshire Cat multiclasses as a sorceror, he can can count his Cheshire Cat levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and getting new spell slots. However, he does not retroactively gain spell slots or new spells for caster levels he did not take, nor does he add his Cheshire Cat level to her character level for the purpose of other class features.

Well, that's it, methinks. Sorry about the lack of a changelog. I keep forgetting to put in the silly thing.
    EDIT: Gave it Greater Invisibility.
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2010-11-07 at 12:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

Daemon

I think it was Igneel requested the Shadesteel Golem? I've built it, and will post it once my Brass Golem is critiqued.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #827
    Orc in the Playground

Might work on a Wereraptor or Weretyrannosaurus

Pretty beastly if you ask me ;)
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

18. - Top - End - #828

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    Might work on a Wereraptor or Weretyrannosaurus

Pretty beastly if you ask me ;)
    I feel like we have... a lot of Were classes. When are we going to stop? Weretarrasque? Weredragon? WereHUMAN?!
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-30 at 11:39 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

19. - Top - End - #829
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    I feel like we have... a lot of Were classes. When are we going to stop? Weretarrasque? Weredragon? WereHUMAN?!
    Actually... I was working on a Were-Human, no lie...

20. - Top - End - #830

Daemon

Well, being able to transform into an animal is KINDA cool.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    Well, being able to transform into an animal is KINDA cool.
    Not saying it isn't... It's definitely cool. But having to make a were class for every creature in the monster manual seems silly to me. We could easily just expand the Werewhathaveyou class so the player can just put in the desired creature and play.

And, Rumel... I can't tell if you're joking or not. You need to use more and faces.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-30 at 11:50 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

22. - Top - End - #832
    Orc in the Playground

Not saying it isn't... It's definitely cool. But having to make a were class for every creature in the monster manual seems silly to me. We could easily just expand the Werewhathaveyou class so the player can just put in the desired creature and play.

And, Rumel... I can't tell if you're joking or not. You need to use more and faces.
    I'm not... It was meant for monsters to turn into humans because it's hard to look normal with two heads and a slime trail.

23. - Top - End - #833

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    I'm not... It was meant for monsters to turn into humans because it's hard to look normal with two heads and a slime trail.
    I spent quite a lot of trouble working out how to overcome this with a Ninja Astral Stalker a little while back, but then I realised that my class features gave me Disguise Person at will

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ettin in the Playground

Cogidubnus: I HAVE CRITIQUED YOUR BRASS GOLEM. There's a link to the post in which I critiqued it in my large post yesterday.

Tarrasque Werehuman: I just can't take it anymore! Every full moon I turn into this thin-skinned, frail little guy who couldn't hurt a fly!
    Please. No were-human. Think of the tarrasques.

25. - Top - End - #835

Cogidubnus: I HAVE CRITIQUED YOUR BRASS GOLEM. There's a link to the post in which I critiqued it in my large post yesterday.

Tarrasque Werehuman: I just can't take it anymore! Every full moon I turn into this thin-skinned, frail little guy who couldn't hurt a fly!
    Or it's silly in a different way: An Elf Were-human? Bitten by a rabid human? Every full moon... your ears become rounded. Shock! Horror! Imagine how horrified your buddies will be!
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

26. - Top - End - #836
    Orc in the Playground

So what's the deal with my scorpion? Also, the WereHuman had strict guidelines.
    Last edited by Rumel; 2010-10-30 at 01:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    So what's the deal with my scorpion?
    Patience. Many classes take weeks to be added. Anyways, I've asked Chumplump for a second opinion, as he knows the lycanthropes better than me.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Orc in the Playground

Patience. Many classes take weeks to be added. Anyways, I've asked Chumplump for a second opinion, as he knows the lycanthropes better than me.
    While I wait my I post my new class (it's really good )

29. - Top - End - #839

Daemon

So sorry Gorgon, completely missed both comments. Was scanning the text walls and neither one had either my name or Brass Golem bolded in, and I just missed it. I'll make some changes tomorrow or Monday. See my comments on the reforged purpose.
    How come Resilience is overpowered compared to the Paladin's class feature which does the same with Charisma.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840

Creature that are not done.
    Resilience: The Golem gains a bonus to its saves equal to its Wisdom modifier
    Personnaly i dont think it overpowered but why exacly would a golem get that?
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-30 at 02:03 PM.

Spoiler
    Show