New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Cogidubnus View Post
    So sorry Gorgon, completely missed both comments. Was scanning the text walls and neither one had either my name or Brass Golem bolded in, and I just missed it. I'll make some changes tomorrow or Monday. See my comments on the reforged purpose.
    How come Resilience is overpowered compared to the Paladin's class feature which does the same with Charisma.
    Because the ability alone is too much to give to the Brass Golem class. I know paladins have it, but while the Paladin is a terrible class overall, the brass golem is a much more powerful class overall and doesn't need wisdom to all saves (and 2x wisdom to will!)
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

Wereraptor

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites:

Race: Any Medium, Small or Large humanoid or giant.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another wereraptor and contracted lycanthropy

HD: d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+0|+0|+0|+0|Alternate form (Raptor), Raptor empathy, Lunar body, Raptor Traits
    2nd|+1|+1|+0|+0|Alternate form (hybrid), Lunar hide
    3rd|+2|+2|+1|+1|+1 Wis, Raptor teamwork
    4th|+3|+3|+2|+2|Curse of lycantropy, Swift blows[/table]

Skills: (2+Int modifier) Intimidate (Cha) Spot (Wis) Survival (Wis) Jump (Str) Listen (Wis) Hide (Dex)

Proficiencies: A wereraptor gains proficiency with their own natural weapons.

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Wereraptors retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.
    A wereraptor gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in raptor or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Raptor empathy: A wereraptor can communicate with raptors (and other raptor-like magical beasts) regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence such animals, however he gains no bonus on influencing magical beasts.

Alternate Form(su):At first level, a wereraptor can take on a medium raptor form. While in raptor form, a wereraptor cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two talon attacks dealing 1d6+Str damage, moves at a speed of 60 ft and can jump during a charge to get over things. He gains a bite attack at level two that does 1d8+Str damage, but only available in raptor form.
    His talons scale with each size category.

A wereraptor can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in wereraptor, or for every two in another class, the wereraptor's alternate form improves as shown below

{table=head]Wereraptor level +1/2 other levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Dex
    2|+2 Dex
    3|+2 Dex, +1 Str
    4|+2 Dex, +2 Str
    5|+3 Dex, +2 Str
    6|+3 Dex, +3 Str
    7|+4 Dex, +3 Str
    8|+4 Dex, +4 Str
    9|+5 Dex, +4 Str
    10|+6 Dex, +4 Str
    11|+6 Dex, +5 Str
    12|+6 Dex, +6 Str[/table]

At second level, a wereraptor can assume hybrid form. They can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. A wereraptor in alternate form gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.

Raptor Traits: A wereraptor in raptor form gains scent and gains a bonus on all hide skill checks equal to half his HD. This increases to a hide bounus equal to his full HD if the wereraptor makes a full-round action to hide. At second level his scent ability works regardless of form.

Lunar hide: At second level, a wereraptor gains DR/Silver equal to their HD/2 while in alternate form.

Growth: At 3rd level, a wereraptor's raptor form can become Large or Medium. In addition their natural armor improves by 1 while in alternate form.

A wereraptor of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A wereraptor of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A wereraptor of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Raptor teamwork: Starting at third level a wereraptor learns how to more successfully work with others. He gains an extra +1 bonus to aid another rolls (added to the normal +2) rolls. He also gains a +3 bonus to attack rolls against an opponent he is flanking. This bonus is also given to the other flankers flanking that opponent.

Raptor adaptability: At fourth level a wereraptor in hybrid or raptor form learns how to observe effectively and take advantage of weakness. He gains a +1 bonus to hit for every consecutive attack of the same type against the target. For example, if you delivered an attack in the previous round, you would gain a +1 attack bonus this round. if you struck the foe with an attack in the round after, it would go to +2 If you connected in the subsequent round, it would be +3, and so on. This caps at HD (ie. +5 at 5HD)

This increases to +1d6 damage per hit along with the +1 attack at 10HD, +1d8 at 14HD, and 1d12 at 18HD. (ie. 2 hits at 14 HD means +2 attack bonus and +2d8 damage if hit next)
    (all credit to hill giant for this ability)

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a wereraptor can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save (DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edited last skill to have two pathways.
    Small grammar edits.
    Made raptor form have abilities hybrid does not.
    Added 6 more levels.
    Balanced stomach damage and spells per day/maw of the titans by HD.
    made con a more important stat.
    Took ChumpLump's advice and balanced stats, saves, HD, and size.
    Took more advice and edited last two skills, removed improved grab, and made a 6/6 perfection on stats.
    made sneak attack need a jump, took out capstone and added a new one, and fixed size adjustments accordingly.
    Edited size, claw damage, and sneak pounce skill to just flanked opponents.
    Re-did last 2 skills.
    Re did them again.
    Buffed up animal form & changed last ability.
    FINISHED

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Big. Freakin'. Dino. The simplicity of this class is amusing because it's very narrow, just Charge, Pounce, and tear at a nervous system.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-11-15 at 03:43 PM.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post

Creature that are not done.

Personnaly i dont think it overpowered but why exacly would a golem get that?
    You missed both of mine, the Saint and the Dream Larva(which is back on page 8). I assume your list is only for organizational purposes so we don't lose track of which monsters are currently floating in the thread.

Also, the Evolved Undead is somewhere, and that's unfinished too...?
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-30 at 01:48 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

4. - Top - End - #844

I formatted your wereraptor tables, quote this post to find out how to do it. You just use | to separate cells and use table=head instead of just table.

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Alternate form (Raptor), Raptor empathy, Lunar body, Raptor Traits
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Alternate form (hybrid), Lunar hide
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+0|+1 Str, Pounce
    4th|+4|+4|+2|+1|Curse of lycantropy, Evoulutionary Leap[/table]

{table=head]Wereraptor Level +1/2 other levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Str
    2|+2 Str
    3|+2 Str, +1 Con
    4|+2 Str, +2 Con
    5|+3 Str, +2 Con
    6|+3 Str, +3 Con
    7|+4 Str, +3 Con
    8|+4 Str, +4 Con
    9|+5 Str, +4 Con
    10|+6 Str, +4 Con
    11|+6 Str, +5 Con
    12|+7 Str, +5 Con[/table]

EDIT: And for future reference if you ever do any real HTML programming, using a ton of spaces doesn't do ANYTHING. It's a waste. Don't bother. There's usually a better way, and not only that, but a bunch of spaces will automatically just condense to one.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-30 at 01:56 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    I formatted your wereraptor tables, quote this post to find out how to do it. You just use | to separate cells and use table=head instead of just table.

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Alternate form (Raptor), Raptor empathy, Lunar body, Raptor Traits
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+0|+1 Str, Pounce
    4th|+4|+4|+2|+1|Curse of lycantropy, Evoulutionary Leap[/table]

{table=head]Wereraptor Level +1/2 other levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Str
    2|+2 Str
    3|+2 Str, +1 Con
    4|+2 Str, +2 Con
    5|+3 Str, +2 Con
    6|+3 Str, +3 Con
    7|+4 Str, +3 Con
    8|+4 Str, +4 Con
    9|+5 Str, +4 Con
    10|+6 Str, +4 Con
    11|+6 Str, +5 Con
    12|+7 Str, +5 Con[/table]
    Thanks for the tip :)

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

6. - Top - End - #846

You missed both of mine, the Saint and the Dream Larva(which is back on page 8). I assume your list is only for organizational purposes so we don't lose track of which monsters are currently floating in the thread.

Also, the Evolved Undead is somewhere, and that's unfinished too...?
    Sorry about that. I forgot about both of them,Anyways I put them in the table, The evolved undead, i have no idea where it is and i really dont feel like looking though 20 pages to find it.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #847

Sorry about that. I forgot about both of them,Anyways I put them in the table, The evolved undead, i have no idea where it is and i really dont feel like looking though 20 pages to find it.
    Found it for you! This is a link.

It's on page 8, with the Larva.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

I request someone to make a Parragon Creature class.

That is all.
    All thanks to Domochevsky for the epic avatar

My Creed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illic est haud affectus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud ignarus, illic est hunger.
    There est haud perturbatio, illic est hunger.
    There est haud chaos, illic est hunger.
    There est haud nex, illic est Hive.

Δεν υπάρχει συναίσθημα, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει άγνοια, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει πάθος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει χάος, υπάρχει πείνα.
    Δεν υπάρχει θάνατος, υπάρχει το Καταφύγιο.

9. - Top - End - #849

Quote Originally Posted by NecroticPunch View Post
    I request someone to make a Parragon Creature class.

That is all.
    I'd file this with Worm that Walks-- it's epic, but it's a template, so easier than most epic classes. However, while Worm that Walks is only 3 levels, Paragon is 15 levels. And I think Gorgon has put a temporary moratorium on epic classes because they require so much work to make and to critique.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

10. - Top - End - #850
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd file this with Worm that Walks-- it's epic, but it's a template, so easier than most epic classes. However, while Worm that Walks is only 3 levels, Paragon is 15 levels. And I think Gorgon has put a temporary moratorium on epic classes because they require so much work to make and to critique.
    And really, it's just more numbers. You'd have to add custom abilities to make it more interesting and fun, as it replaces any PrCs you would get, so apart from 5 class levels, Paragon features would be all you get.

11. - Top - End - #851

Thank you,Magicyop,Also can i have some critique on my maug class?(anyone)

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #852

Quote Originally Posted by volthawk View Post
    And really, it's just more numbers. You'd have to add custom abilities to make it more interesting and fun, as it replaces any PrCs you would get, so apart from 5 class levels, Paragon features would be all you get.
    I agree. It would have to break the CR = Levels rule, I think, and be basically an epic version of Creature of Legend.

Actually, that might be the best way to do it: Make it similar to Monster of Legend, but give it more epic style/power abilities. 3 levels or something.

Will critique Maug shortly.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-10-30 at 02:31 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

everyone just ignored my wereraptor? :(
    Want some feedback on it.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    everyone just ignored my wereraptor? :(
    Want some feedback on it.
    Be patient. Maug came before yours, and you only posted Wereraptor earlier today. You may have to wait days, or even a week or more for a critique. But probably not. After I finish critiquing Maug I'll critique Wereraptor, though I can't speak for anyone else.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

15. - Top - End - #855
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

I'm still working on my ability to detect quality homebrew. When I can make my own confidently, I'll start critiquing.
    And do I feel stupid for missing the Brass Golem's critique. Twice.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Orc in the Playground

I know this might be a stupid question since I was the one who made it, but do the physical bounuses stack?
    ex. +3 str in total at 2nd level?

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

I know this might be a stupid question since I was the one who made it, but do the physical bounuses stack?
    ex. +3 str in total at 2nd level?
    Well, the way many phrase it is +1, then +1 again and they stack that way... But +1, then +2 don't stack.

18. - Top - End - #858

Daemon

Brass Golem

"I am not perfect, but I have Purpose" - Krogan, Mass Effect 2

Spoiler
    Show

HD: d10
    {table=head]
    Level
    |
    BAB
    |
    Fort
    |
    Ref
    |
    Will
    |Features
    1|+0|+0|+0|+0|Built With Purpose, Solid Brass, +1 Str, +1 Wis
    2|+1|+0|+0|+0|Tracker, Scent, Evolution, Str +1
    3|+2| +1| +1| +1|Toughened Alloys, Resilience, Str +1
    4|+3| +1| +1| +1|Magic Resistance, Str +1
    5|+3| +1| +1| +1|Growth, Hunter’s Weapon, Str +1,
    6|+4| +2| +2| +2|Maze, Str +1, +1 Wis
    7|+5| +2| +2| +2|Goring Charge, Improved Evolution, Str +1
    8|+6/+1| +2| +2| +2|Play Theseus, Sheer Force, Str +1
    9|+6/+1| +3| +3| +3|Re-forged Purpose, Str +1
    10|+7/+2| +3| +3| +3|Labyrinthine Home, Str +1
    [/table]

Skills: 2+ Int modifier, Survival (Wis)

Proficiencies: Its own natural weapons, simple and martial weapons.

1st Level:

Built With Purpose: All Brass Golems are built with a purpose. You have managed to shake off yours, but you are still very single-minded. Choose a single skill. You gain a +1 to all checks with this skill, but a -2 to one other skill.

The Brass Golem loses all racial modifiers and receives the Construct type (which grants darkvision 60'), medium size, 30 ft. land speed, and a natural head-butt attack dealing 1d8+1.5x strength modifier damage.
    In addition, the Brass Golem takes +50% damage from electricity damage.

The Brass Golem has all the characteristics of the construct type (which have been changed from the normal construct type, so it is highly advisable the below is read):
    Spoiler
    Show

• No Constitution score.
    • Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, ability damage, fatigue or exhaustion, or energy drain.
    • Cannot heal damage on its own, although it can be healed. Magical fire damage heals the Brass golem 1 point of health per 3 damage it would normally do. An Brass golem is otherwise immune to fire.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    • Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
    • Never being alive to begin with, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected. It can only be revived by a wish, limited wish, miracle, or by reconstructing the Brass Golem's body (requiring 1,000 pounds of brass- or the golem's previous body-, 2,500 gp worth of rare substances, and a DC 16 weapon-smithing or armour-smithing check) and then a reincarnate spell, which will always put the golem's soul into the new effigy.
    • Constructs do not breathe, eat, or sleep.

Lastly, the Brass Golem gains natural armour bonus equal to his strength modifier. This natural armour bonus increases by 1 when the golem's size increases.
    The Golem also gains +1 HP per HD. This bonus increases to +2 at 10 HD, +3 at 15 HD and+4 at 20 HD. The hp increases are retroactive.

Solid Brass: The Golem’s solid metal body helps to protect it, providing an armour bonus equal to 2 + 1/3 HD. This armour may be enchanted, but more armour may not be worn over the top.

Ability Score Increases: The Brass Golem gets a +1 bonus to its Wisdom score at 1st and 6th levels (+2 overall) to represent its artificial animal cunning.
    It also gains a +1 bonus to Strength at every level after 1st (total +9).

2nd Level:

Tracker: The Brass Golem gains Track as a bonus feat. In addition, it gains a bonus to Survival checks to track enemies equal to ½ its HD.

Scent: The Brass Golem gains the Scent ability, allowing it to track enemies by smell and detect the presence of creatures within 30ft. (need to link to SRD).

Evolution: The Golem’s time among mortals and thinking for itself has allowed it to develop its own unique abilities. Choose a special ability from the list below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aluminium Alloy: Your armour bonus from Solid Brass is increased to +1/2 HD.
    Preservative Layer: Choose an energy type. You gain energy resistance equal to half your HD against that energy type. If electricity is chosen, you instead no longer take +50% damage from it. This ability may be taken multiple times for different energy types.
    Misleading: Gain Hypnotic Pattern as an SLA 1/HD. Gain Bluff as a class skill and a bonus to Bluff checks equal to 1/2 HD.

3rd Level:

Toughened Alloys: The Brass Golem gains DR/Adamantium equal to half its HD.

Resilience: Choose a save. The Golem receives a bonus to this save equal to its Wisdom modifier.

4th Level:

Magic Resistance: The Golem gains SR 11+HD

5th Level:

Growth: The Golem grows to Large size, as does its head-butt attack.

Hunter’s Weapon (Su): The Golem can form a weapon of its choice that it is capable of wielding from its body as a full-round action. This weapon may be enchanted, and doing so costs the same amount as enchanting a normal weapon. Should this weapon ever be lost (but not broken or disjoined), then after 24 hours its essence melts back into the flow of magic to rejoin its Golem creator and is available to be formed again.

6th level:

Maze: The Golem gains the ability to cast Maze as a SLA once/5 HD/day. Unlike normal Maze, this SLA allows a Will save (DC = 10+1/2HD+Wis modifier) The Golem cannot currently enter the maze to track its target, but will be able to at 8th level.

7th level:

Goring Charge:
    The Golem charges its target, lowering its horns to deliver a devastating blow. To use this, make a charge and attack with your head-butt attack. This head-butt deals damage as though it were one size larger (normally 3d6), in addition to the standard benefits of a charge and using the head-butt.

Improved Evolution: You continue to develop your abilities. Choose one of the following special abilities, or two evolution abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destructive Build: Add 0.5x your strength modifier to damage will all melee weapons and composite bows.
    Molten Core: Your body is powered from inside by a core of molten metal. Increase your speed by 10ft. In addition, deal 1d6 extra fire damage with your head-butt and Hunter’s Weapon.
    Perfect Edge: Increase the critical multiplier of your head-butt increases by one (so x3 becomes x4). Your head-butt attack now scores a critical on a roll of a 19-20. This stacks with Keen and Improved Critical.

8th Level:

Play Theseus (Su): The Golem can now travel between its maze and its current location as a move action a number of times per day equal to half its HD. This allows it to hunt any prey sent to its lair. It gains an insight bonus to Survival checks made to track opponents in its lair equal to its HD.

Sheer Force: The Brass Golem is a terrifying beast, capable of simply powering through its opponents by force of weight. Its head-butt and Hunter’s Weapon count as its alignment and Adamantium for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. A True Neutral player may choose an alignment to have his attacks count as, and other neutral golems may choose one alignment instead of neutral to apply.

9th Level:

Re-forged Purpose: The Golem begins to recover some of the magic that first gave it purpose to live, and to focus this against its chosen enemies.
    The Golem gains the Favoured Enemy ability, as a Ranger, and this qualifies him for any prestige classes or feats that require Favoured Enemy. Every 2nd HD after 9 (11, 13 etc.), the Golem gains a new Favoured Enemy and can increase one of its Favoured Enemy bonuses (including the Enemy just selected, if so desired), by 2.

10th Level:

Labyrinthine Home: The Golem may Plane Shift into its labyrinth, bring a number of medium-sized creatures (each size increase doubles the number of creatures a character counts as), with each use of its Play Theseus ability. It may also now bring objects (including food, furniture etc.) with it to decorate its labyrinth and make it more homely. The Maze is now a permanent extra-dimensional space, rather than a conjuration, much like the space inside a Rope Trick. There are no negative effects for bring other extra-dimensional spaces inside the Maze.
    In addition, the Golem’s Maze now no longer allows a Will save.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fixed table, gave a bonus to Bluff with Misleading, allowed more flexibility with Improved Evolution, changed Perfect Edge. Changed Resilience. Reforged Purpose is now Favoured Enemy, but it gets it a fair few times, to make it useful.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tricky bit with this one was Maze. It's its signature ability, but it's also a very powerful spell. Maybe there should also be a duration reduction in addition to allowing a save? Like 2 rounds/HD or something?
    Reforged Purpose is intentionally more numerous than Favoured Enemy, as Favoured Enemy is often hard to use regularly, which kinda sucks.

I've done my changes. Reposting it here to save the effort of going back 6-7 pages to find it again.
    Last edited by Cogidubnus; 2010-11-11 at 12:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Orc in the Playground

Probably going to make a Weretyrannosaurus that needs the raptor maxed out and possible a Weredragon that needs the other one maxed out (seems silly I know)

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860

Probably going to make a Weretyrannosaurus that needs the raptor maxed out and possible a Weredragon that needs the other one maxed out (seems silly I know)
    I would suggest that you make 2 classes that both need the were raptor. The wereTREX would be more focus on massive damage while the weredragon might be more agile and might be able to use a breath weapon.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-30 at 06:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Orc in the Playground

I would suggest that you make 2 classes that both need the were raptor. The wereTREX would be more focus on massive damage while the weredragon might be more agile and might be able to use a breath weapon.
    Thanks for advice, edited final ability of the wereraptor
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-10-30 at 07:34 PM.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I have what might be considered a foolish question: On the lycanthropes, do they gain the alternate form stat bonuses when in hybrid form as well? The hybrid form is listed on all the tables as a varient of alternate form, and the charts say that the bonuses come when the lycanthrope is in an alternat form.

If so, what would ever be the benifit of full transformation? The additional abilities gained by turning into the animal equivilent are miniscule compared to being able to use a weapon.

Just asking....

23. - Top - End - #863

Spoiler
    Show
    Death knight(Template)

Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisite: Need to be evil and at least lv 6, Cannot be a construct or an ooze.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref |Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +2
    |Undying Body, Death touch, Abyssal blast

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Immunities, Damage Reduction, Spell Resistance

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Fear Aura, Undead Followers or mount, Bonus Against Turning,Deadly Weapons[/table]
    HD:D12

Skills : 2+int mod. A death knight has no class skills.

Proficiencies : A death knight gains proficiency with all armor, and shield(including tower shield) all simple weapons and all martial weapons.

Undying Body:Unlike other monster classes, the Death knight doesn't lose his racial ability modifiers, but he does gain undead traits:
    Spoiler
    Show

* No Constitution score.
    * Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    * Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    * Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    * Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    * Heals naturally.
    * Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude saves (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    * Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    * Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed, unless it has activated it's fast healing ability.
    * Not affected by Raise Dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and True Resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    * Death knights don't need to breath, eat, or sleep. However, a death knight may do any of the three if desired.

Any previously gained HD are changed to d12, and any new HD gained are also changed to d12.
    A death knight gains natural armor equal to it's str modifier. If the creature already has natural armor it increase by 2.If a creature

Death touchThe death knight’s touch attack uses negative energy to deal damage equal to 1d8 + the death knight’s Charisma bonus to living creatures. Each successful touch attack also deals 1 point of Constitution damage per 4HD.

Abyssal blast A death knight can use fireball as a SLA 1 time per 4 hd per day. Half the damage of the fireball is divine, the other half is fire.

Immunities : Death knights gains resistances to electricity,cold and polymorph equal to his HD

Damage ReductionAt 2nd level, a death knight gains Damage Reduction equal to 1/2 its HD, This is DR/bludgeoning and magic

Spell resistance::Death Knights gain Spell resistance equal to 11+HD

Fear Aura Death knights are shrouded in a dreadful aura of death and evil. All Creatures within 5ft/2HD of a death knight aura must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 death knight’s HD + death knight’s Charisma modifier).If the enemy has less than half the death knight HD, and if the person fail's the will save he is panicked, if they succeed the will save , they are shaken. If a person has more then half the death knight's HD fails the will save, they are shaken, If they succeed nothing happens. This only affect's enemies

Undead Followers or mount: Death knights gains animate dead as a SLA, His HD is his caster level..
    Instead of having undead followers a death knight can chose a mount form the blackguard list. The mount has a HD of -1 compared to the death knight HD.
    If The mount is destoryed, new ones appear in a week.

Bonus against turning : A death knight gains a bonus against turning. He is considered 3 lvs higher for a turning check made by a enemy.

Deadly weapons
    A death knight's weapon now carry the power of his touch, his weapons now do 1d8 Vs living creatures.

The death knight, that I first made was horrible so i adjusted some thing and made it more presentable.THIS CLASS IS ALREADY DONE, So no comments other than rewording some things.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-08 at 09:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Banned

PirateGuy

I <3 the Death Knight. However, I must say that "no constructs" seems to imply that warforged and ironborn cannot be Death Knights... which makes me incredibly sad. Because a medieval cyborg death knight is simply too badass to ignore.

Then again, so is an ooze firing bolts of evil.

So I might break that clause.

25. - Top - End - #865

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Rennard View Post
    I have what might be considered a foolish question: On the lycanthropes, do they gain the alternate form stat bonuses when in hybrid form as well? The hybrid form is listed on all the tables as a varient of alternate form, and the charts say that the bonuses come when the lycanthrope is in an alternat form.

If so, what would ever be the benifit of full transformation? The additional abilities gained by turning into the animal equivilent are miniscule compared to being able to use a weapon.

Just asking....
    Movement modes is often the benefit of full transformation. That and subtlety.
    I'd say they got the benefits in hybrid form, otherwise hybrid form sucks.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to implement 6 or so more levels into the wereraptor class, so please wait a little bit until I'm done.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867

Betropper, make the title smaller it expands the page and it's annyoing.
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+0|+1 Wis, Pounce
    4th|+4|+4|+2|+1|Curse of lycantropy, Evoulutionary Leap
    5th|+5|+4|+2|+2|Dragon/Trex traits, +1 Wis
    6th|+5|+5|+3|+2|Rip/Improved stomach, Upgraded lunar hide
    7th|+6|+6|+3|+3|Spell-like abilities/Maw of the titans, +1 Wis
    8th|+6|+6|+4|+4|Tail sweep/Devastating roar
    9th|+7|+7|+5|+5|Magical scales, +1 Wis
    10th|+8|+7|+6|+5|Lasting Burns/Chomp Chomp, Mega growth[/table]
    heres an improved version of the table, you forogt to put the [/table] at the end instead of the middle.Also the saves are all wrong.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-10-31 at 10:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

Please fix the...

•Table

•upgraded acid damage

•finish writing the capstone ability

•is there any way to upgrade the "natural 20" swalow whole ability and base it on HD? At 10 HD a 15 or above allows you to auto-swallow

•can you base the upgraded swallow and spellcasting abilities upgradable based on HD?

•Can you put on a picture?

29. - Top - End - #869
    Orc in the Playground

done, just looking for a picture now.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870
    Orc in the Playground

done, just looking for a picture now.
    Found one