New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved Monster Classes- Still Alive, and taking requests!

Sowwy. Didn't know what else to say except broken about the ability.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

I shall give the Cheshire Cat Greater Invisibility then. I'm not fussing about with Whipsy Voice as that's supposed to to the simple bit of the class.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Orc in the Playground

Since I have nothing else to do I might make the wereraptor/weredragon/weretrex class go up to level 15 or 20.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Betropper View Post
    Since I have nothing else to do I might make the wereraptor/weredragon/weretrex class go up to level 15 or 20.
    Nooooo! I really suggest you don't just expand it for the sake of expanding it. Gorgon will tell you that bigger classes are more difficult to critique and discuss. If you have a good reason, I'd agree about it being a good idea, but if you have no reason, don't make more work for poor Gorgon.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

Many thanks to Qwernt for my amazing mind flayer avatar!

5. - Top - End - #905
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magicyop View Post
    Nooooo! I really suggest you don't just expand it for the sake of expanding it. Gorgon will tell you that bigger classes are more difficult to critique and discuss. If you have a good reason, I'd agree about it being a good idea, but if you have no reason, don't make more work for poor Gorgon.
    mmk, didn't know about that
    sorry Gorgon :P

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

Stop. Hammertime!
    Our rule here at Improved Monster Classes is levels=CR. We've decided, as a medium, just to make the Lycanthropes 4 CR; it's the median CR for the various HD's. Thus, the wereraptor should have 4 levels. We are not in the business of making new monsters, so no weredragon- if you want that, I advise you make your own thread. Also, I believe T-rex's and raptors are different enough that they should warrant 2 different classes- that would be like making a werehyena evolve into a weretiger. Yes, they're both furry mammalian carnivores that walk around on four legs, but that's where the differences stop; in fact, one might say the differences between a t-rex and raptor are even greater than that of a hyena and tiger. One of those would be me.
    Anyways, I'll refer you to the OP for suggestions on adding levels to classes when you really, really want to. Really, I get sick of telling people things that are right there- it would likely cut my work down by a sizable chunk if people just knew all of that by heart.

Geckoking: I am not going to check the several dozen-odd classes on this thread regularly just on the offchance that it might've been changed. If you make some edits, the only way I'll find out is if you tell me.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-11-01 at 06:42 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

7. - Top - End - #907

Locking Hand: This stone hand is designed so that its fingers can clasp and lock together. It replaces a creature’s normal hand. When used to make unarmed attacks, it deals normal damage unless the attacker chooses to take a –4 penalty to deal subdual damage. A locking hand does not change the amount of damage a creature deals with its unarmed or natural attacks. The main purpose of a locking hand is to strengthen a creature’s grip, making it more difficult to disarm the creature or dislodge an item from its grasp. The grafted creature gets a +5 bonus on any roll to avoid being disarmed, to oppose attempts to escape a grapple, to catch itself while falling, and to hold onto a surface when damaged while climbing. A creature with more than one locking hand stacks the bonuses of each hand involved in the activity. Locking hands can be locked and unlocked as easily as a creature can make a fist; they do not inhibit spellcasting or skill use. The bonus from a locking hand stacks with that provided by a locked gauntlet.
    The locking hand that a maug can aquire functions exacly like locking gaunlets except that a maug is able to unlock and lock the hand as a free action. When it is unlocked, It works like a normal hand with out the locking gaunlet.

Shoving Arm: A shoving arm is a pistonlike stone appendage that ends in an upright, flattened stone hand. It is attached a creature’s torso along with a stone “belt” to secure it in place. The arm is useless for most activities, but once per round as an attack action it can be used to make a special shoving attack against any opponent within 5 feet ofthe grafted creature. The grafted creature makes a melee touch attack that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. If it hits with its shoving arm, it and the struck opponent make opposed Strength checks as though the grafted creature had made a bull rush attack. In addition to the normal bonuses, the grafted creature adds a special +5 bonus on this roll. If the grafted creature wins, the defender is pushed back 5 feet plus an additional 1 foot per point by which the grafted creature exceeded the defender’s result. The grafted
    creature does not move with the shoved defender. For purposes of shoving unattended objects, the shoving arm has a Strength equal to 10 + the Strength of the grafted creature. The shoving arm can push creatures and objects in straight lines only.
    The shoving arm is attached to the waist of a maug. This arm allows the maug to make a bull rushed attack with no attack of oppertunity each round.

Shudder Plate: Usually placed in the chest of a creature, a shudder plate looks like a thin square of shale set in a stone frame. Specially designed and enhanced, a shudder plate quietly shakes and vibrates in its case, giving the grafted creature a supernatural understanding of the area surrounding it. If the grafted creature is in contact with the ground, it can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground. In addition, the grafted creature takes a –4 penalty on Move Silently skill checks.
    A maug with a shudder plate gains the tremorsense ability with a range of 15ft but beacuse of sound that this plate emits, the maug also gets a -4 penalty to the move silently skill.The shudder plate takes no item slot and it still permits the wear of armor.

Spike Stones:These small round stones are inserted into the surface of the flesh of a creature, all over its body. The grafted creature can cause them to grow as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The stones suddenly lengthen into sharp spikes, capable of piecing flesh and armor alike. In a grapple, the spikes deal 2d4 points of piercing damage in addition to normal grapple damage when the grafted creature makes a successful grapple check. A grafted creature can also use the spikes as a light weapon that deals 1d4 points of piercing damage; in conjunction with an unarmed or natural attack, the spike stones deal an additional 1d4 points of piercing damage with each hit.
    These spikes are located on the arms of a muag,These spikes increase the damage of slams by one step and the slams deal piercing damage

Stone Spitter: A stone spitter is a boxlike or binlike device, usually affixed to the shoulder of a creature. At the weapon’s base is a tube from which stones can be fired with amazing accuracy and deadly effect. A creature grafted with a stone spitter can use it to fire a stone or sling bullet by making a ranged attack. Such attacks have a range increment of 50 feet, dealing damage according to the grafted creature’s size (see Table A2–3). Six times per day, the stone spitter can fire its ammunition at a supernaturally high velocity and power. Such attacks deal damage one die type higher than normal and have a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls. A stone spitter can be loaded with up to 50 stones or sling bullets.
    Fine 1
    Diminutive 1d2
    Tiny 1d3
    Small 1d4
    Medium-size 1d4
    Large 1d6
    Huge 1d8
    Gargantuan 1d10
    Colossal 2d6
    With the increase
    [SPOILER]Fine 1d2+1
    Diminutive 1d3+1
    Tiny 1d4+1
    Small 1d6+1
    Medium-size 1d6+1
    Large 1d8+1
    Huge 1d10+1
    Gargantuan 2d6+1
    Colossal 2d8+1
    With the stone spilter graft a maug is now able to fire sling bullet for it's size. A maug is able to fire 1 sling bullet a round.It can hold up to 50 sling bullets.

I think that those are good grafts, tell if something's wrong.
    Last edited by monkman; 2010-11-02 at 08:34 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908

Sorry about that. I'm horribly forgetful. Can't remember changelogs, can't remember telling people that i've done stuff, can't remember giving Level 8 spells as SLA's is a bad idea for a 3rd level class feature.........

I think I need help

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Stop. Hammertime!
    Our rule here at Improved Monster Classes is levels=CR. We've decided, as a medium, just to make the Lycanthropes 4 CR; it's the median CR for the various HD's. Thus, the wereraptor should have 4 levels. We are not in the business of making new monsters, so no weredragon- if you want that, I advise you make your own thread. Also, I believe T-rex's and raptors are different enough that they should warrant 2 different classes- that would be like making a werehyena evolve into a weretiger. Yes, they're both furry mammalian carnivores that walk around on four legs, but that's where the differences stop; in fact, one might say the differences between a t-rex and raptor are even greater than that of a hyena and tiger. One of those would be me.
    Anyways, I'll refer you to the OP for suggestions on adding levels to classes when you really, really want to. Really, I get sick of telling people things that are right there- it would likely cut my work down by a sizable chunk if people just knew all of that by heart.

Geckoking: I am not going to check the several dozen-odd classes on this thread regularly just on the offchance that it might've been changed. If you make some edits, the only way I'll find out is if you tell me.
    Anyways, my brain is f
    mmk. I'll edit the wereraptor accordingly.
    As I said, this is my first try so I don't know much about this.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #910
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeckoKing View Post
    I shall give the Cheshire Cat Greater Invisibility then. I'm not fussing about with Whipsy Voice as that's supposed to to the simple bit of the class.
    What about the invisibility becomes impervious to see invisibility, and eventually true seeing?

11. - Top - End - #911

Gorgon, since (luckily) I have one of the early posts in the thread, would you like me to edit the list of unfinished creatures into that post? Would be easy for everyone to refer to what classes are floating around throughout the thread. If not, sorry for even mentioning it, just suggesting, I think it would be easier.
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-01 at 08:04 PM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:
    Auran Pirate, a sailor who engraves their ship with powerful runes and creates a vessel to be remembered.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Gorgon, since (luckily) I have one of the early posts in the thread, would you like me to edit the list of unfinished creatures into that post? Would be easy for everyone to refer to what classes are floating around throughout the thread. If not, sorry for even mentioning it, just suggesting, I think it would be easier.
    While I can't speak for Gorgon, I think he'd say that anything that makes making good monsters easier is a good idea.

13. - Top - End - #913

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    The WereScorpion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    To become a WereScorpion, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any medium or large humanoid or giant
    Special:Must have been injured by the natural attack of another WereScorpion and contracted lycanthropy.
    HD:d8
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(Scorpion), Scorpion Empathy, Lunar body, Poison
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(hybrid), Scorpion Power
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, Sharpened Tail, Improved Grab
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Curse of lycanthropy, Drain [/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are intimidate, jump, hide, listen, move silently, spot, survival

I'd Add, Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), and maybe Tumble (Dex).

Proficiencies: A WereScorpion gains proficiency with their own natural weapons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): WereScorpions retain old racial modifiers and gain the Shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

Vermin gain darkvision not low-light vision, usually. Why have you selected low-light vision?

A WereScorpion gains natural armor equal to its Con bonus while in Scorpion or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their Con bonus

Scorpion Empathy: a WereScorpion can communicate with Scorpions and Magical Scorpions regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them.

Might want to say 'Scorpion like Magical Beasts and Vermin' as that Magical Scorpions is loosely defined.

Alternate Form (Su): At first level, a WereScorpion can take Might specify size and that it's MonstrousScorpion form. While in Scorpion form, a WereScorpion cannot use weapons Any particular reason you don't mention 'or do anything requiring the use of hands' bit?but gains two claw attacks dealing 1d6+Str Mod damage and a Might call it a sting attack, as that that is more of what the scorpion has than a Tail attack.tail attack dealing 1d8+Str mod piercing damage. A WereScorpion can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in WereScorpion, or for every two in another class, the WereScorpion's alternate form improves as shown below
    {table]WereScorpion level+1/2 other levels | Ability improvements
    1|+1 Str
    2|+1 Str, +1 Con
    3|+2 Str, +1 Con
    4|+2 Str, +2 Con
    5|+3 Str, +2 Con
    6|+3 Str, +3 Con
    7|+4 Str, +3 Con
    8|+4 Str, +4 Con
    9|+5 Str, +4 Con
    10|+5 Str, +5 Con
    11|+6 Str, +5 Con
    12|+6 Str, +6 Con [/table]

No Dex? Why no Dexterity love for the Quick-tailed Master of stabbing people in the eye with a shifty little tail? While the +6 +6 Formula is fine, I'm just curious as to the choice. For me, I'd stick with a +6 to Str, +4 to Dex, and +2 to Con. But it's you beast.

At second level, a WereScorpion can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a WereScorpion gains two claw attacks for 1d6+Str mod damage each and a tail attack dealing 1d8+Str mod damage, and can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. Both alternate forms are medium sized, regardless of the creature's humanoid size.

Poison: At 1st level a WereScorpion gains a poison dealing 1d4+1(every 3HD) Con damage. Low Con damage, General rule is that poison is easily defeated and can scale quicker.A Fort save deflectsAkward wording. Fortitude Deflects? Look at other creatures with poisons... Werespider's not a bad thing to check out.. DC= 10+1/2HD+Con mod. It is usable every turn [B]Not Necessary to Specify. However Lycan Poisons have been played as 'A lycan has enough venom to do this 1/day/HD.[/B], and must be injected with his tail.

Scorpion Power: I think there's a better name for this... but that's just me.a WereScorpion gains a bonus to Move silently equal to 1/2HD. He gains Spring Attack as a bonus feat (even if he doesn't meet the presiquites. Additionally he gains sneak attack damage with his tail as the Rogue ability with an effective Rouge level equal to 1/4 HD. If he hits with a claw attack the tail counts as sneak attack because of the distracted foe. Also, Move Silently and Hide are now based on Con, not Dex.

WOAH. Way too much. Way too fast. Spring attack is pretty wild on it's own, free sneak attack equal to 1/4 its HD is ridiculously insane. This is usually Scent and some mild skill bonuses. This is far, far too much.

Growth: At 3rd level, a WereScorpion's alternate forms become Large.

A WereScorpion of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A WereScorpion of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A WereScorpion of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Sharpened Tail: At 3rd level a WereScorpion’s tail becomes even more deadly. Their tail improves by one size category. It also gains an improved reach of +5ft every 10hd to a max of +15ft at 20 HD, but loses 5ft of the bonus every size category below small.
    This power is fine, while in Hybrid form, and at Fourth level....

Improved Grab: A WereScorpion may make a grapple check every time it hits with a claw attack. He may hold one creature no more than one size above him in each claw, or one creature no more than three size catagories above him in both claws. Any creature one size category or more below the scorpion (or 1 above with both claws) becomes pinned if the initial grapple check succeeds. Every round a WereScorpion may make an AoO dealing sneak attack damage to a pinned opponent (quick tail works for this).
    Nope. Sorry this I have to shut down. Holding multiple creatures is WAY too powerful. For anything. No auto-pinning. No AoO dealing sneak attack which it gets for free. This is very very very over powered compare your were-scorpion to any other lycan that came before it, yours is a monster with a lot of very powerful options...

Curse of lycanthropy: [/I]At 4th level a WereScorpion can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save(DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.
    Pretty Standard.

Drain: Whenever a WereScorpion pins an opponent he may suck the life force out of it. He may leech *Tail damage* HP from victim and attack is a touch attackThis is unspecified, and kind of out of the blue. This really has nothing to do with Scorpions, it doesn't really make sense.

Comments in Bold.
    All in all it's overpowered and way out of any other Lycan's League.
    You might go over the Werewhathaveyou Template, and maybe look at either my or crafty-cultist's lycans. (As that I built all mine off of the Werewhathaveyoutemplate that was a deconstruction of his Werewolf and Werebear.)
    I don't mean to come off rude, and all my comments are of course suggestion.
    This class however, is going to need some pairing away before it's ready for front page. Keep it up!
    A quick thought, look for more flavorful powers and less combat oriented powers. Yes DnD is a combat game, but consider what a scorpion can do if it were a man. Werespiders make webs, Weresharks work while they sleep, Werewolves amass a pack, these things are simple, but not game breaking, and I imagine, IMHO, that they are also fun little abilities.

Wereraptor/Weredragon/Weretyrannosaurus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites:

Race: Any Medium or Large humanoid or giant.
    For a Raptor I'd allow Small too, just because the Talenta of Eberron could use a Were-Halfling thingy.
    Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another wereraptor and contracted lycanthropy

HD: d10
    Don't have great internet right now, is this higehr than most other Lycans?
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Alternate form (Raptor), Raptor empathy, Lunar body, Raptor Traits /
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Alternate form (hybrid), Lunar hide
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+0|+1 Wis, Pounce
    4th|+4|+4|+2|+1|Curse of lycantropy, Evoulutionary Leap
    5th|+5|+5|+2|+2|Dragon/Trex traits, +1 Wis
    6th|+5|+6|+3|+3|Rip/Improved stomach, Upgraded lunar hide
    7th|+6|+6|+4|+4|Spell-like abilities/Maw of the titans, +1 Wis
    8th|+7|+7|+4|+5|Tail sweep/Devastating roar
    9th|+8|+8|+5|+5|Magical scales, +1 Wis
    10th|+9|+8|+6|+6|Lasting Burns/Chomp Chomp, Mega growth[/table]

Saves are really off. Two good saves, and one Amazing save. No. At best two good saves a lower HD, and perhaps a not 9/10 bab. Which is weird in the first place.

Skills: (2+Int modifier) Intimidate (Cha) Spot (Wis) Survival (Wis) Jump (Str) Listen (Wis) Hide (Dex)

Proficiencies: A wereraptor gains proficiency with their own natural weapons.

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Wereraptors retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.
    A wereraptor gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in raptor or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Raptor empathy: A wereraptor can communicate with dinosaurs (and other dinosaur-like magical beasts or dragons if a weredragon) regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence such animals, however he gains no bonus on influencing magical beasts. All dinosaurs? As rare as dinosaurs are this I guess is fine... but personally I don't like it. It's not fitting for the Lycan build, and particularly not fitting in a Dino Heavy world. (I don't dance with dinos in my games, so my perspective on these guys is gunna be skewed anyhow.

Alternate Form(su):At first level, a wereraptor can take on a large raptor form. While in raptor form, a wereraptor cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw attacks dealing 1d8+Str damage, moves at a speed of 60 ft and can start a grapple without an attack of oppertunity every time it hits with a claw (bite instead if it is available to you)
    Large at First level? This seems out of ordinary. Isn't it. Usualy Medium or small and can grow with levels. Might want to double check that... I'm on a bus as I'm typing this review. But I'm going to guess that yes, large is too much too early.

A wereraptor can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in wereraptor, or for every two in another class, the wereraptor's alternate form improves as shown below

{table=head]Wereraptor level +1/2 other levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Con
    2|+2 Con
    3|+2 Con, +1 Str
    4|+2 Con, +2 Str
    5|+3 Con, +2 Str
    6|+3 Con, +3 Str
    7|+4 Con, +3 Str
    8|+4 Con, +4 Str
    9|+5 Con, +4 Str
    10|+6 Con, +4 Str
    11|+6 Con, +5 Str
    12|+7 Con, +5 Str
    above 12|+1 str, then +1 con, etc.[/table]

+7/+5, you aren't too found of standard number sets with a 9/10 bab and the wonky saves? Well, I'm afraid we seem to like standards here. As for the Raptors end stats an effective +6/+6... well I'll just say that I think Raptors of any dino deserve some HEAVY dex. Actually, I'd give a lower Con. But I don't have access to the SRD so I don't know the stats. Also... is it just me, or do other people feel that Raptors should be a shrinking race and not a growing one? A giant Raptor doesn't sound very fun, but a quick tiny dinosaur racing through the underbrush then suddenly springing out at medium size with razor claws.... well that's just what sounds more fun to me.

At second level, a wereraptor can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a wereraptor gains a claw attack dealing 1d6+Str damage. Why only one?They can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. A wereraptor in alternate form gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.

Raptor Traits: A wereraptor in raptor form gains scent and gains a bonus on all hide skill checks equal to his HD. Too much to not be situational. General Bonus is +1/2 HD, +whole HD if it spends a full round action haunkering down in bushes of certain color or something vague like that At second level this ability works regardless of form. The Scent should. The Hide should not. I think.

Lunar hide: At second level, a wereraptor gains DR/Silver equal to their HD/2 while in alternate form.

Growth: At 3rd level, a wereraptor's raptor form becomes Huge, while his hybrid form becomes Large. Their natural attacks now deal 2d6+Str in raptor form and 1d8+Str in hybrid form. In addition their natural armor improves by 1 while in alternate form.
    Too much, too soon.

A wereraptor/dragon/trex of 12 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan or Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A wereraptor/dragon/trex of 16 HD or more may choose to become Colossal or Gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A wereraptor/dragon/trex of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending two normal transformations in Raptor form, four for hybrid form.

Pounce: At third level a wereraptor can make a full attack including two claw attacks after charging in hybrid or raptor form. in alternate form is fine enough spelling. I think this is on par with the Werebas. So, okay.

Evoulutionary Leap: Starting at fourth level a wereraptor evolves into a weretyrannosaurus or a weredragon.
    Okay this confusion makes sense to me. Generally 'multiple beasts as one beast' is frowned on... generally. This is fine, but I'd call this sucker 'The Weredinosaur and leave it at that. Its current name is very confusing. (Yes the Werewhathaveyou is a confusing name, but it's a template for building and not an actually class) I'd go with the Snake model and allow one type to shrink (the Raptor) and the other type to grow (T-Rex). I'd leave the Dragon out. Were-dragons (yes there is a 'dragon' lizard thing that has nothing to do with magic, but the game we are talking about is Dungeons and Dragons) are a silly concept.

The weretyrannosaurus can swallow opponents whole. To do this, it must succeed on another grapple check while grappling (as if to pin the opponent). If successful, it swallows the foe. Opponents to be swallowed must be at least one size category smaller than the weretyrannosaurus. Swallowed foes are crushed each round, taking the same damage they would from a claw Specifiy damage, stating it is the same as a claw doesn't make any sense... fluffwise. For trolls their rend is the same as two claws because that's what they are using. If I buff my Weretyro's claws why should his stomache do more damage?and suffering twice the weretyrannosaurus's con modifier in acid damage. To escape, they must cut their way through the weretyrannosaurus's gizzard. To do so, they must attack with a light/natural slashing weapon and deliver at least (HD x 3) points of damage to the AC (Wereraptor's AC halved + HD) gizzard. Once the creature escapes, muscular action closes the hole. This can only be used in hybrid or tyrannosaurus form.

A weredragon can use a breath weapon. This breath wepon does a single elemental damage (acid,fire,cold,electricity) and can never be changed to another element. It is a 40 foot cone or a 60 foot line, chosen every time the dragon breathes. It does 1d6 damage per 2 levels of wereraptor or weredragon or per 4 levels in other classes. This can be halved by making a reflex save equal to 10 + half HD + Con modifier. This can be used once every 1d6 rounds and can only be used in dragon or hybrid forms.
    Frankly, the original thought was to try and keep out things like this. I agree with that thought. Were-dragon steps on the toes of Half-dragon. And Dragon races. This is more something to be built in the end. I know how much it's rough to read that having stumbled over the Living spell a lot, but I don't think you'll get a lot of suppoer for this evolutionary track. However as a critique: It doesn't fit with the dinosuars and deserves it's own class. Breath Weapon is too strong for a Lycan's Topper. And these are usually restricted to Hybrid form only. Damage isn't very impressive I guess. Maybe look at Half-dragon.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a wereraptor can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save (DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Dragon/Trex traits: At 5th level the weredragon/trex gains more traits of his chosen form. A weredragon gains a flight speed equal to double his land speed with good manuverability in dragon/hybrid form while a weretrex gains a bite attack dealing 2d8+Str damage in dragon/hybrid form.
    Wait Fifth level? Oh yeah these guys are 10 levels long. Why? Flight at fifth level is standard, actually a little delayed but fine for the were-dragon... Why does it take the T-rex so long to get the bite attack?

Rip/Improved stomach: At 6th level a weredragon/trex gains one of two abilities. A weredragon gains two rake attacks dealing 2d8+Str damage on a sucessful grapple check while a weretrex gains the ability to improve it's swallow whole ability. It now deals crushing damage equal to it's bite instead of a claw and the acid damage now deals 3 times the weretrex's con bounus.
    Two rake attacks. Two? Uhm... wait. Yeah I think that's too much. As for Crushing damage specify. Shaper teeth doesn't equal smashier stomach.

Upgraded lunar hide: A weredragon/trex's hide begins to shrug off more damage. It's Lunar Hide is now DR/-
    No. Please no. DR/- equal to half HD? Too Much for these combat monsters. MAYBE DR/adamntium.

Spell-like abilities/Maw of the titans: A weredragon begins to unleash spells while a weretrex begins to upgrade it's mouth at 7th level. A weredragon now casts 1rst level spells as a sorcerer of a caster level equal to the weredragon's HD in hybrid/dragon form. A weretrex now instantly swallows it's opponent whole on a critical hit while dealing critical damage.
    At 10 HD this upgrades to 2nd level spells for the weredragon and the instant-swallow now only needs a natural 20, no need to threaten although it still does critical damage on a confirm.
    At 15 HD this upgrades to 3rd level spells for the weredragon and the instant-swallow now works anytime a bite hits a creature that is flanked or grappling.

The real problem is becoming that you have two different classes, and are trying to make them into one. That being said... There is some precedent for virtual spell casting. Look at the Half-Dragon, or the dragons themselves. Critical hit abilities are soft and fun, but not very great for giving the players things to do. though this class needs some softer abilities bad, it doesn't compare... actually both of these are pretty weak and not terribly helpful at the levels they come in. Except 15HD instant swallow hole. No instant pins. They are bad.

Tail sweep/Devestating roar: At 8th level a weredragon's tail can now be used as a weapon while a weretrex can unleash an earthshattering roar. A weredragon's tail can now affect a 10 foot cone behind it (15 at gargantuan, 20 at collosal) as a standard action. opponents must suceede on a (8+weredragon's Dex modifier+half weredragon levels) or trip and fall prone for two rounds. A weretrex can now roar so loudly, it makes opponents cower. Opponents in a 10' radius must suceed on a (8+weretrex's cha modifier+half weretrex levels) or cower for 2 rounds. affected or not, an opponent cannot be affected by The wording right now doesn't make any sense. 'Affected, or not, a creature cannot be affected more than twice... which is to say Once affected a creature cannot be affected again. I know what you are trying to say... A creature that is targeted by this ability cannot be affected by it for 24 hours, or something akin. the same weretrex's roar for 24 hours.
    Numbers, complicated ability, and trying to divide the two classes stacked on top of being lost in Italy for a few days is making my head spin. I like the idea of a cone tail attack, while I dislike the execution. It's new and fun, 10+1/2 HD+Dex is a better save. We like standards here I think. It makes no sense to be prone for 2 rounds. Why can't they stand up? After two rounds do they magically standup? 2 rounds of cowering... eh I dunno. Mention it's a fear effect.

Magical Scales: A weredragon/trex's scales are now magically enhanced at 9th level. They gain a deflection bounus to AC equal to their Con bounus and heal a fourth of magical damage.
    A fourth of what magical damage? All magical damage? How does that work? Is this fast healing at a rate of 1/4 con mod? Is the deflection bonus stacking with Nat armor bonus... this should be based off of Cha, but MAD is bad... Also it makes no sense for the T-rex.

Lasting Burns/Chomp Chomp: At 10th level a weredragon/trex's true potential is realized. A weredragon's breath weapon now continues to deal damage after hitting. Anyone who failed their reflex save against a weredragon's breath weapon takes up to 10 damage each turn until the damage done from this equals the damage from the original breath weapon (ex. breath weapon does 36 dmg, next turn opponent takes an extra 10, then 10 again, then 10 again, then 6).
    This makes no sense to me. I have tried reading it three times now, and I am lost. Does the damage double over time? Why? Why not immediatly? Anyhow... it doesn't seem to be in line with anything... make it harder to cure rather than deal more damage if it is a 'lasting' burn... But I don't like it much at all.

A weretrex's stomach is now at it's supreme. What? It now can eat opponents its size and the weretrex now paralyzescreatures that it eats for 2 rounds.
    I just don't think this is very balanced. Also your Were-Trex is a very one trick pony... I'm thinking you have too many levels and don't know what to do with them all. I don't blame you, 10 levels for this guy is a bit much.

At 13 HD the weredragon's lasting burn now even affects creatures that made their reflex saves. Mention how this functions with evasion...

The weretrex now can now eat any creature that it grapples without having to make a grapple check to "pin" the opponent.
    This is a repeat ability, and a bad one

At 16 HD the weredragon's breath weapon deals two elements at once, a
    second one needs to be chosen.
    No. Not a dragon anymore... this is getting out of hand...

If a creature had Energy Resistance on one element but not on another, it deals full damage. (ex if a creature has immunity to lightning and the breath weapon is cold/lightning, it deals normal damage.) The weredragon now instantly kills any creature inside of it with a save of (weretrex's con bonus+HD ). Creatures must make this save each round inside the weretrex.
    Too much. Just... way too much. You should compare this class to the other Lycans.... other creatures that get instant kills... other dragons. Bug one of the dragon makers to look over your Lycan-dragon, because I'm a bad judge of dragons... I tend to think they're overpowered. But this is certainly overpowered for a Lycan, and a Half-dragon... and well a class.

Mega growth: A weredragon/trex grows even further. Their forms are now both gargantuan although they can be made smaller, and they only need to expend 2 transformations to become Colossal at 16 HD.
    This ability is a weak capstone. Look for more fun things to do. Magicyop makes a great comment about numbers not being terribly fun, and active options being the way to go.
    Don't take what I say as Harsh. It may be Harsh, but I don't mean it to be, it's just meant to be direct. This class is disorganized and wants to be different things.
    You have a fantastic idea for a split Lycan the Were-Dino (Raptor/T-rex) which is similar to the other split Lycans. I'd keep it to 4 levels, maybe 6 if you want to get crazy.
    As for the Were-Dragon, my advise (not my critique) is simply don't.
    It will be a headache and it doesn't make sense.
    True we have a werehydra, but... Well I guess it's precedent. Seperate the dragon from the dino, and I'll compare the Dragon to the Hydra. But I don't like it. I'd love to see a four level Raptor/T-rex Lycan from you, but it would be nice for me if you ran it through spell check once or twice before posting it to be critiqued. It's a solid first attempt.
    Oh, and do try and make the Bab/saves standard. I think the rest of the project is with me when I say I'm not too keen on wonky saves and bab.

The reason for the 'Lycans = 4 levels' standard is because they don't get much more of less than each other, they all change size, natural attacks, DR/Silver, and ability increase. More levels just makes them unnecessarily complicated.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    Actually... I was working on a Were-Human, no lie...
    Were-human means 'Man Man' and would imply a humanoid that changes into other humanoids.They have this it is a call it a Changeling. Might I reccomend the name Antherion? (For the Record Lycanthropy has to do with wolves specifically and a better word would be Therianthropy... but wizards called it Lycanthropy and that's how I'm willing to roll.)

Antherions are really silly to build, I've tried a few times. It's better to leave it exactly the same (DnD once had creatures like this, major stat difference is Cold Iron DR instead of Silver) and reflavor the beast, because either way it's capable of being in whatever form it desires, and must be capable of player level thought... so no real difference but RP.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennard View Post
    I have what might be considered a foolish question: On the lycanthropes, do they gain the alternate form stat bonuses when in hybrid form as well? The hybrid form is listed on all the tables as a varient of alternate form, and the charts say that the bonuses come when the lycanthrope is in an alternat form.

If so, what would ever be the benifit of full transformation? The additional abilities gained by turning into the animal equivilent are miniscule compared to being able to use a weapon.

Just asking....
    All bonuses in both forms.
    I think Hybrid form states it gains all the benefits of alternate form and...
    Full transformation has the benefit of being an animal and not an animal-dude. Other than that? Not much. That's the game for you, actually this is true in most all Lycan like situations in RP. Why use magic missiles when you can use enervation?

-

The ability bonuses on Lycans do not stack. The charts are just an easier way to read how the bonuses scale.

Again, all of this is just my two wooden pieces painted copper.
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-11-02 at 02:27 AM.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Alright, I have a request.

The Avoral from the Monster Manual.

If it's already been done, please point out what page it's on.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkman View Post
    Grafts
    I'm going to call Occam's Razor on this one: if you don't know what that is, the original phrasing is that "entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily". In a nutshell, simple=good, and less is more. Sure, one might consider the abilities very flavorful, but they're also all needlessly complicated. For example, shudder plates- just say it gets tremorsense out to 5 feet/3 HD. Bam. You're good.
    Don't be afraid to copy upgrades from the iron golem- all in all, this thing is looking like iron golem lite.

And I have the 4th post on the thread as a sleeper reserve. Post your list again, and I'll edit it into that. Whenever you want it updated, update and I'll copy it into the post there, and once in a while I'll update it myself.

Chumplump: Thank you! You have critique rights for all future lycanthropes as well, by the way.
    On the werehydra vs. weredragon issue: I would have allowed werehydra, but still not weredragon. The reason for this is, intrinsically, the difference between a magical beast and an animal is HD and the fact magical beasts sometimes have (su) abilities.
    The point of a lycanthrope is that you have a beast within you. Something inherently animalistic and inhuman. Dragons are intelligent, wise, magical beings, and thus a weredragon is a moot point- if a LG character becomes a were-gold dragon, there's no change in outlook or personality when shifted. The only way a werehydra wouldn't have a change in outlook or personality is if the person were already an animal.
    So, current ruling: all animals are good for lycanthropes, and MOST magical beasts. Clear them with me first, but anything with an intelligence of 3 or less is tentatively OK'd. Anything else, chances are it'll be a no.

Everyone else: I'll get to you tomorrow morning. Right now, I'm beat.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think I can finish Illurien any time soon. I'll have some free time tomorrow to try and get to it but if I can't does anybody else want to give her a go?

17. - Top - End - #917

Right-o, thank you. Here it is!

Unfinished Monsters by Original Post Date
    Spoiler
    Show

Dream Larva - 10/07/2010
    Malebranche - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn - 10/23/2010
    Giths - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle - 10/27/2010
    Maug - 10/29/2010
    Saint - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor - 10/30/2010
    Improved death knight - 10/31/2010
    Osyluth (Bone Devil) - 10/31/2010
    Illurien - 11/04/2010
    Shade - 11/04/2010
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-04 at 06:58 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

18. - Top - End - #918

Daemon

Just as a heads up for when you're ready to look at classes again - the Brass Golem's had the changes made.
    Homebrew: Ghost Rider, a 3.5e Base Class inspired by Marvel's Comics.

So guys, the new Iron Man trailer, huh?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #919

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    On the werehydra vs. weredragon issue: I would have allowed werehydra, but still not weredragon. The reason for this is, intrinsically, the difference between a magical beast and an animal is HD and the fact magical beasts sometimes have (su) abilities.
    The point of a lycanthrope is that you have a beast within you. Something inherently animalistic and inhuman. Dragons are intelligent, wise, magical beings, and thus a weredragon is a moot point- if a LG character becomes a were-gold dragon, there's no change in outlook or personality when shifted. The only way a werehydra wouldn't have a change in outlook or personality is if the person were already an animal.
    So, current ruling: all animals are good for lycanthropes, and MOST magical beasts. Clear them with me first, but anything with an intelligence of 3 or less is tentatively OK'd. Anything else, chances are it'll be a no.
    Ah.
    There you are.
    Justification.
    I'm still not keen on things like the werehydra... but I'll gladly critique... Lycanthropes, Entomanothropes, and ... Magutherianthropes... as objectively as I can.
    Uhm, I do posit that magutherianthropes (Magical beast lycans) should be made from Magical Beasts without a animal counterpart... Hydras are a unique Magical Beast, you don't find a good Hydra Subsitute, where as a Were-blink-dog is more of a magical werewolf... I don't think that sort of thing would be appropriate. Again, my two copper.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

Took your advice on the wereraptor.
    Made it more dexterity based and lowered all saves but reflex, which was raised.
    Also took out evolution thingy and made a different capstone ability.
    Made most adjustments that you suggested in the previous critique.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921

Spoiler
    Show
    Locking hand
    The locking hand that a maug can aquire functions exacly like locking gaunlets except that a maug is able to unlock and lock the hand as a free action. When it is unlocked, It works like a normal hand with out the locking gaunlet.

Shoving arm
    The shoving arm is attached to the waist of a maug. This arm allows the maug to make a bull rushed attack with no attack of oppertunity each round.

Shudder plate
    A maug with a shudder plate gains the tremorsense ability with a range of 5ft/3HD.The shudder plate takes no item slot and it still permits the wear of armor.

Wrist Razors:
    Various retractable spikes, blades and appendages spring out from around and on the maug's hand: its slam attacks now deal piercing, slashing or bludgeoning damage, and are considered adamantine for the purposes of damage reduction.
    All subsequent applications of this upgrade increases the damage dealt by the maug's slam attacks by one step, and increases their threat range to 19-20. This stacks with improved critical. A third application of this upgrade increases the damage dealt by an additional step and increases the critical multiplier to x3.
    While the spikes are extended, the golem's hand is considered full. It may retract and extend them as a free action.

Long Legs:
    The Maug gains Run as a bonus feat, gets a bonus to jump checks equal to 1/2 his HD, and gains a +10' bonus to move speed.

Stone Spiliter
    With the stone spilter graft a maug is now able to fire sling bullet for it's size. A maug is able to fire 1 sling bullet a round.It can hold up to 50 sling bullets.This graft reloads automaticly.Additional applications of this upgrade improve the Stone spiliter in one of the following ways, chosen when the upgrade is taken:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dual Stone Spilters: The Maug gains a Stone Spiliter on each shoulder. Any other upgrades apply to both Stone Spiliters.
    Steamed powered stones: The stone spilter does damage of a sling one size greater than normal. This may be taken multiple times, up to colossal does damage of a sling one size greater than normal. This may be taken multiple times, up to colossal.

Voicebox:
    The maug's vocal systems become more advanced. He gains the effects of a continuous ghost sound ability (as an (ex)), and gains a bonus to bluff, diplomacy & intimidate checks equal to 1/2 his HD.

Grappling Hook:
    The Maug gains a chain & hook attached to his palm and spooled in his arm, which he can launch up to a distance of 30 feet plus 5 per HD, as a ranged touch attack. If successful, the Maug makes a grapple check as if he had the improved grapple feat. If successful, the foe is dragged into the Maug's square or the Maug is dragged to the foe's square (Maug's choice), and the grapple goes on as normal.
    An additional application of this upgrade allows the Maug to deal an additional 1d8+strength modifier (or 2d6+str if large sized) constriction damage each turn of the grapple.

For the grafts, should i give them every level? or maybe some(~2) at level 2.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Illurien

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+0 | +2 | Body of knowledge, Tempest lash, +1 Intelligence
    2|+1 |+ 0|+0 | +3 | Improved Body of Knowledge, SLAs
    3|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | fast healing, Spell resistance, +1 intelligence
    4|+ 3|+ 1|+1 | +4 | Infinite knowledge, SLAs, +1 strength
    5|+ 3|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | fly speed, pointed knowledge, +1 intelligence
    6|+ 4|+ 2|+2 | +5 | Damage reduction, SLAs, +1 strength,
    7|+ 5|+ 2|+2 | + 5| improved infinite knowledge, +1 intelligence
    8|+ 6|+ 2|+2 | +6 | Storm of visions, cloud of Foresight, +1 strength
    9|+ 6|+ 3|+ 3| +6 | Knowledge devotion, Growth, +1 intelligence
    10|+7 |+ 3|+3 | +7 | greater infinite knowledge, improved tempest lash, +1 intelligence
    11|+ 8| + 3|+ 3| +7 | Blindsight, +1 intelligence
    12|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | SLAS, +1 Strength
    13|+ 9|+ 4|+4 | +8 | Perfect Infinite Knowledge, +1 intelligence
    14|+ 10|+ 4|+4 | +9 | Home Plane, SLAs
    15|+ 11|+5 |+ 5| +9 | Rejuvenation, +1 Strength, +1 intelligence
    [/table]
    Skills: 8+ int mod per level. Class skills: All skills are class skills

Proficiencies: Illurien isn't proficient with any weapons except her tempest lash and isn't proficient with any armor.

Features:

Body of Knowledge: Illurien loses all other racial traits and gains outsider traits, (Basically darkvision 60 feet), Base move speed of 40 feet, and she gains the tempest lash ability. She is capable of understanding languages but is incapable of speaking.

Tempest lash: Illurien can use tempest lash as a standard action. The damage is equal to 1d8+strength modifier and she gets iterative attacks with the ability based on her BAB. At 10th level The lash deals 1d4 intelligence damage on a hit and she gains 5 temporary hit points for each point of intelligence she drains. These temporary hit points can not exceed her total hit points and go away at the end of the encounter.

If Illurien multiclasses for an arcane class she can count her levels in the Illurien class as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and getting new spell slots. So for example, if Illurien takes 3 levels of her class and takes 1 level of sorcerer, she could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. She wouldn't get the spells known and spell slots of a sorcerer 3 however. She would get the familiar ability, but Illurien levels wouldn't count for it.

Strength of body and mind: Illurien gains a +1 bonus to her intelligence score at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 for a total of +8 to her intelligence score at 15th level and a +1 bonus to strength at 4, 8, 12 and 15, for a total of +4 at level 15

SLAs: At 2nd level Illurien gains the spells detect magic and read magic as SLAs 1/day per HD. At 4th level she gains identify as an SLA and she can use it 1/day per 2 HD, at 6th level she gains arcane sight and tongues as SLAs 1/day per 3HD as an At 10th level she gains the spell contact other plane as an SLA 1/ day per 4 HD and At 12th level she gains legend lore and Analyze Dweomer as SLAs 1/day per 5 HD and at 14th she gains plane shift 1/day per 5 HD.

Improved Body of Knowledge: At second level Illurien gains an immunity to sleep, a resistance to electricity, and a bonus on saves against poison, paralysis, and disease equal to her HD. In addition, she gains the evil subtype which applies to all Natural/wielded weapons for the purpose of overcoming DR.

Fast healing: At 3rd level Illurien gains fast healing equal to a third of her total hit dice.

Spell resistance: At 3rd level Illurien gains spell resistance equal to her HD+11

Infinite Knowledge: Illurien can now use all that knowledge she stole and all the brains she ate to good use. A number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier (minimum of 1), she may expend a move action to make a knowledge check against whatever she may be facing: local for monstrous humanoids, arcane for magical beasts and dragons, Architecture/Engineering for constructs, dungeoneering for aberrations & oozes, the planes for outsiders & elementals, nature for animals & fey, nobility & royalty for humanoids, and geography for giants. The DC of this knowledge check is 15. If she succeeds, all allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to attacks against the creature (or creatures, if there are multiple creatures of the same race). This bonus increases by an additional 1 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 7th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to saves against the creature's abilities, plus an additional one for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 10th level, Illurien may instead grant +1d6 damage to attacks against the creature, plus an additional 1d6 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 13th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to AC against the creature's attacks, plus an additional one for every 10 points she succeeds by.
    Starting at 16th level, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to DCS of any ability used against the creature, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points she succeeds by.

Flight: at 5th level Illurien gains a fly speed of 40 feet and good maneuverability. The flight increases to 60 at 10th level, 80 at 15th and 100 and 20th

Pointed knowledge: At 5th level, Illurien gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD. In addition, she adds a number of languages to her total known equal to half her intelligence modifier in order to help her constant quest for knowledge.

Damage reduction: At 6th level Illurien gains damage reduction good equal to half her hit dice.

Storm of visions SU: (At 8th level) The watery droplets that surround Illurien are the collected fragments of the knowledge she has accumulated. At the end of Each of Illurien's turns each enemy within 30 feet of her must succeed on a will save equal to 10+Half HD+ intelligence modifier or be dazed for one round. A successful save negates the effect but each cenemy in the area must make a new saving throw at the end of each of Illurien's turns. This is a mind affecting ability.

Cloud of Foresight SU: At 8th level, drawing on her boundless lore,Illurien uses her opponent's tendencies and desires against them. This causes her opponents to have a 10% miss chance against her. The miss chance increases by 10% every time she takes another 2 levels in the class for a total of 40% at 14th level.

Knowledge devotion: At 9th level Illurien can gain the benefits of Infinite knowledge as well.

Growth: At 9th level Illurien grows to large size.

Blindsight: At 11th level, Illurien gains blindsight with a range of 10 feet per HD.

Home Plane: At 14th level, Illurien gains her own “Ivory tower”, known as the Aethenaum Nefarious. The Aethenaum Nefarious is a library filled to the brim with forgotten knowledge and dark secrets. This library is located in the Outlands.

Rejuvenation: When Illurien would “die” she instead regenerates within the Aethenaum Nefarious in 2 days. However, she loses one level each time this happens.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Illurien: Moar skillz! Feel free to give 8+int per level, all class skills as skills! This is a genius knowledge-gathering creature we're talking about here, after all.
    done

Give casting multiclassing, like the ogre mage.
    Done

State that, on tempest lash, the die size increases on the intelligence damage- it's poorly worded.
    Also, Illurien should get iterative attacks with it.
    Also- no save. Reduce the damage a lot, and no save. That's far too much rolling for my tastes.
    done.

Could get some higher abilities- go ahead and toss in a physical ability bonus, or charisma.
    done

2nd level is awful. Instead, follow the standard for extraplanars- roll up all the planar resistances into one for 2nd level, as well as the aligned strike. Look at other extraplanars for formatting.
    I think I did this correctly.

Reword the 16th level infinite knowledge.
    done I think.

5 ft. per HD is a bit lame. At level 5, that's 25. Go ahead and start it at a higher amount, and let it increase in intervals.
    done. Same end result but slightly better progression than the angel.

Cloud of Foresight should progress. Check out the displacer beast.
    Fixed though not to the point of the displacer beast.

Storm of Visions is potentially VERY annoying for party members.
    Fixed.

OGL material only! I said to use knowledge devotion for inspiration, not to use the feat itself.
    My mistake. Changed to something more OGL.

Whatever happened to analyze dweomer?
    Feel free to give even more divinatory SLAs, as well.
    Done.

Pointed Knowledge? Figure it out, somehow. Also, if you ever need more inspiration, this thing is essentially a factotum, which is an excellent class
    Figured it out I think.

This is all I can do right now.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-21 at 02:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #923

I'm not sure how I missed this the first time I looked through it, but I just noticed that the Death Knight entry has an unfinished sentence. I'm pretty sure it's a Ref for half, but it says "A Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 death knight’s HD + death knight’s Charisma modifier)" and then just ends there.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Allip [3.5 Monster Class]

The Concordant Killer was too big of a project, so I left it on the backburner and decided to work on this, note I just did a quick glance to the list and didn't see this class so I am guessing it is up for grabs

Prestige Class: Shade

Spoiler
    Show

Pre-requisites.
    Aligment: Any-non good
    Character level: 5
    Special: You must have experienced the power of shadows first hand, by either visiting the plane of shadows or failing a saving throw against a spell with the (Shadow) descriptor.

HD: d8

Skills 4+int per levels: use the list of the class previous to entering this prestige class, if you had more than one class, select one.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special| Class Features
    1|+0|+2|+2|+2|Umbral Body, Shadowsight, +1 Cha, Dark Deflection +1, Shadow Sting +1| -
    2|+1|+3|+3|+3|Control Light, +1 Con,Dark Deflection +2| +1 level of existing class features
    3|+2|+3|+3|+3| Shadow Resistance, +1 Cha Fast Healing, Dark Deflection +3, Sting of Shadows +2, Shadow cloak| +1 level of existing class features
    4|+3|+4|+4|+4|Shadow Clones, Shadow Stride, Travel through Shadows (special) +1 Con, Dark Deflection +4|+1 level of existing class features [/table]

Umbral Body:
    You gain the native outsider typeand when you are not in the plane of shadows, you are gain the extraplanar subtype. In addition you add your Shade level as a racial bonus to Listen and spot checks; you also add twice your Shade levels to hide and move silently check. Finally you don't recieve skill check penalties due darkness.

Class features: At every level other than the first, you gain class features (including spellcasting ability) and increse of efective level as if you had gained levels in a class you belonged too before adding the prestige class level. You do not however gain the benefits of the previous class HD's, attack bonus, skill points or saving throws. If you had more than one class prior to taking Shade levels, you must select which class this appliest to. You can't use this class feature to advance class features from other classes past their normal stopping point.

Shadowsight (Su): At first level you gain a special form of Darkivion with range 60 feet. This darkvision is not hindered by magical darkness effects, such as the ones caused by a Deeper Darkness spell or the Shade's own Control Light ability (See below).

Stat adjustments: at levels 1 and 3 you gain +1 Cha, to a total of +2 at level 3. At levels 2 and 4 you gan +1 Con, to a total of +2 at level 4

Dark Deflection(Su): you gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC per Shade level, this ability only function in area of shadowy illumination or darker

Sting of Shadows(Ex): At each odd level of the class, you gain a +1 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls.

Control Light (SU): Starting at level 2 of the Shade prestige class, you get the ability to control ambient light in a 100 ft radious to a degree, you decrease ambient light by a factor of 5 % per character level. For characters and monster that depend on light to see, this decreases the range of vision by the same factor; for each 25% of darkness, creatures within the radious gain a +1 circunstance modifer to Hide checks. A Shade can use this ability a number of times per day equal to half their character level; decreasing ambient light even by 5 % count as a usage of this ability. Special Note: Consider the area in shadowy illumination at a 35% decrease of ambient light, a DM might rule this differently depending the specifics of the situation.

Shadow Resistance(Su): at level 3 Shades gain SR equal to character level +11; this ability only works in area of shadowy illumination.

Fast Healing (Su): At level 3 Shades gain fast healing 2

Shadow cloak(SLA):Shades of third level or higher can use Invisivility as the spell a number of times per day equal to their HD. CL equals to character level. This ability only works in areas shadowy illumination or darker.

Shadow Clones(SLA): At level 4 Shades learn to weave illusions of themselves from stuff from the plane of shadows. They gain the ability to use Mirror Image as a spell like abiliy once per day per class level. CL equals to character level.

Shadow Stride(Su):
    As a move action a Shade of character level 4 or higher, can dissapear from his current location and reapear on another location no farther than 100 feet + 25/level. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to half the Shade HD + Cha modifer; and no more than once every two turns. The Shadow Stride can only beging and end in an area of shadowy illumination or darker.

Travel through Shadows(Su): When reaching 12 HD or higher Shades develop the ability to momentarily step into the shadows between planes and move through them. They can use either greater teleport or plane shift (to or from the plane of shadows only) as spell-lke abilities once per day, with CL equal to their character level.

Change log
    Spoiler
    Show
    3/ 11/2010: Posted it
    4/11/2010 8:29 am: Fixed formating
    4/11/2010, 13:47: Made minor changes, and started correcting typos, and some clarification on certain abilities.

PEACH
    Last edited by Dusk Eclipse; 2010-11-04 at 02:50 PM.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm curious, so many things in here state that the fly speeds they grant do not increase in maneuverability but can be increased by the savage species feat that improves maneuverability by two steps. What is this feat? As far as I can tell, it doesn't exist.

(I may just be blind...)
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2010-11-04 at 12:13 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    So I'm curious, so many things in here state that the fly speeds they grant do not increase in maneuverability but can be increased by the savage species feat that improves maneuverability by two steps. What is this feat? As far as I can tell, it doesn't exist.

(I may just be blind...)
    I believe it was simply a poor phrasing. There's a feat that allows you to increase your flight maneuverability up to good (Although I can't remember what it's called) but AFAIK nothing that increases it by two steps even after I've checked the book 3 or 4 different times.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-11-04 at 01:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #927

Purple worm
    I was looking over this guy because I needed scaling burrowing for a class I was working on, and thought I might as well toss in a critique while I was at it.

Initital reactions:
    Spoiler
    Show

What? no freman familar?
    No fluff about crazy world dominating mad-men despretly seeking to mine your excrement?
    No Sting in an overly decorated codpiece?
    No Gom Jabbar?
    No CG blue eyes?

Besides these silly initial reactions, here are some nitpicks, suggestions and thoughts.

Flexible might specify knocked prone instead of knocked down, unless it is immune to Garland's Monologueing.

Growth Why typically large/huge/gargantuan ?

Ram I'd go ahead an allow this to do extra damage against structures as well, but that's more of a suggestion.

Errupt Forth While I understand what 'tiles' means I think the term to be used is squares, or 5 foot squares. As that halfling bathhouses tend to have smaller tiles than Storm giant kitchens.

Swallow Whole The grapple check to do so must be a Pinning grapple check, or establishing a hold after the grapple has already been initiated?
    I think it requires three holds to be established before a pin happens, but if it simply needs to begin the round grappling the opponent, and then succeed on a grapple check that only really requires two holds to be established... but I'm fuzzy on grapple rules.

The Bite damage for the stomach actually makes sense for the Purple Worm, because it's stomach would be more or less an extension of its toothy maw (in comparison to the WereDino where I said stomach damage should not equal bite damage because spells that enhance the teeth wouldn't enhance the stomach.)

However I believe the AC and HP of the worms gizzard should scale with character. I'm not certain how... maybe AC equals 10 + twice the purple worms natural armor bonus (con mod)? And Hp equal to.... uhm... well maybe 3 per HD (3x6=18.. so its less at 6th level but scales with character development)? I don't know.

Maul Seems to imply that the opponent chooses the ability damage. Is this intended. Also... this ability seems... powerful. Too powerful? Maybe. Too powerful with all the grapple fun the purple worm has... probably. Maybe limit it to uses per day? The ability damage, the Dazing is fine. I think.

Snap Jaws This seems far to powerful to be use activated at will.

All I can say otherwise is I love this class and I would totally play it. And probably find a way to get a fremen familiar.

And now to look over the Wereraptor.
    Edit: I Looked.
    Wereraptor

Skills: (2+Int modifier) Intimidate (Cha) Spot (Wis) Survival (Wis) Jump (Str) Listen (Wis) Hide (Dex)

I'd add Survival (Wis) to this list.

Proficiencies: A wereraptor gains proficiency with their own natural weapons.

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Wereraptors retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.
    A wereraptor gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in raptor or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Solid

Raptor empathy: A wereraptor can communicate with raptors (and other raptor-like magical beasts) regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence such animals, however he gains no bonus on influencing magical beasts.

Solid

Alternate Form(su):At first level, a wereraptor can take on a medium raptor form. While in raptor form, a wereraptor cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw attacks dealing 1d6+Str damage, moves at a speed of 60 ft and can start a grapple without an attack of opportunity every time it hits with a claw.
    At 3 HD his claws deal 1d8+Str
    At 6 HD his claws deal 2d6+Str

Improved Grab (Initiating a grapple from an attack) is not an ability to mesh with Alternate Form. This belongs as one of the later abilities. Further, the Claws damage should increase with size, not HD.

A wereraptor can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in wereraptor, or for every two in another class, the wereraptor's alternate form improves as shown below

{table=head]Wereraptor level +1/2 other levels|Ability Improvements
    1|+1 Dex
    2|+2 Dex
    3|+2 Dex, +1 Str
    4|+2 Dex, +2 Str
    5|+3 Dex, +2 Str
    6|+3 Dex, +3 Str
    7|+4 Dex, +3 Str
    8|+4 Dex, +4 Str
    9|+5 Dex, +4 Str
    10|+6 Dex, +4 Str
    11|+6 Dex, +5 Str
    12|+7 Dex, +5 Str[/table]

Still Don't understand the 7/5 split. Why?

At second level, a wereraptor can assume hybrid form. They can wield any weapons they could use in humanoid form. A wereraptor in alternate form gains a +4 bonus to jump checks.

Raptor Traits: A wereraptor in raptor form gains scent and gains a bonus on all hide skill checks in an open field equal to his HD. At second level his scent ability works regardless of form.

Hide Bonus to HD even in an Open field is too much, I'd recomend half HD, and full HD when spending a full round action. Also, why does it gain a hide bonus in an Open Field? In tall Grass, or Deep Forrested Bush, or Murkey Water make sense, but an Open Feild doesn't provide much: A) Basic Camouflage options (Open Desert would be more fitting for Camouflage) B) Things to Hide with (Tall Grass, Murkey Water, Etc.)

Lunar hide: At second level, a wereraptor gains DR/Silver equal to their HD/2 while in alternate form.

Growth: At 3rd level, a wereraptor's raptor form becomes Large. In addition their natural armor improves by 1 while in alternate form.

A wereraptor of 12 HD or more may choose to become Large by expending two normal transformations.

A wereraptor of 16 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending three normal transformations.

A wereraptor of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Pounce: At third level a wereraptor can make a full attack including two claw attacks after charging in hybrid or raptor form.

Solid Ability

Vital Strikes: Starting at fourth level a wereraptor evolves the ability to tear at a creature's nervous system. If he hits with both claw attacks in raptor form, he tears at vital points, paralyzing them for one round and dealing an extra 1d8 damage.

Not Without a Save. And Most CERTAINLY not without a Save and without a use limit.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a wereraptor can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. If a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save (DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.
    [/SPOILER]

Changelog:
    Specifics opposed to Generalizations here are better, especially for me, as that I have a Super dodgy memory, and it seems you should not and have not taken all of my advise.
    Comments in Bold.
    I'm highly recommending a Hybrid only power at L.4, it seems to me, that Humans are cool, and Dinos are cool, but whats cooler than a Human-Dino? A Human-Dino that can take advantage of the combination in a way that a Human or a Dino Cannot. But that's just me. As it stands, I'd lose the improved grab and go for rakes in its place. Improved grab doesn't make any sense for this beastie, but RAKING the hell out of something that it has caught, well, that's a different story.

And I just realized something. This is based off of the MEGAraptor, and not... the Velociraptor, isn't it.
    This explains some of my initial confusion.
    Also, I don't know Dinosaurs IRL or IRP, so my knowledge of what is appropriate here may be wrong, flavorwise.

All in all, its getting closer. But it needs something... spicy. Something to make it fun to play, and different than there werebas. So sort of Dino Specific Power. What could that be? I don't know. That's up to you.
    Last edited by AugustNights; 2010-11-04 at 06:25 AM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Allip [3.5 Monster Class]

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Prestige Class: Shade
    I don't like the alignment requirement. Most of the classes in this thread do away with them...
    That said, I hate alignment requirements. Just personal and I have no right to force it on you.
    The BAB and saves are strange. I assume that's a mistake?
    Could you use BAB for a prereq instead of level? It feels more elegant IMO.
    Other than that, only thing is it could use some cleaning up. There are some typos, a couple of things aren't clear... and tbh, Shadowy isn't a great word. XD Dark Deflection?
    Just my two cents.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #929

Spoiler
    Show

Water Elemental1 - 10/02/2010
    Elder Treant1 - 10/03/2010
    Dream Larva1 - 10/07/2010
    Phoelarch1 - 10/09/2010
    Malebranche2 - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor2 - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON2 - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon1 - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu2 - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger1 - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm2 - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn2 - 10/23/2010
    Giths2 - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem1 - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion2 - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle2 - 10/27/2010
    Maug1 - 10/29/2010
    Saint1 - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat1 - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor2 - 10/30/2010
    Death Knight1 - 10/31/2010 [Revised Class]
    Osyluth (Bone Devil)1 - 10/31/2010
    Illurien1 - 11/04/2010
    Shade1 - 11/04/2010

1: Awaiting critique or approval from Gorgondantess, or discussion from everyone.
    2: Has been critiqued by Gorgondantess or other approved members (Hyudra, ChumpLump), and is awaiting the user to make the requested changes or otherwise edit.
    Linked Numbers: If the number next to the class is a link, that means that it leads either to the current critique of the class (If the number is a 2) or to a post with the proposed changes by the user (If the number is a 1).

Current list of unfinished creatures!
    Last edited by Magicyop; 2010-11-06 at 10:33 AM.
    Full Homebrew List

New Homebrew:

30. - Top - End - #930
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dream Larva - 10/07/2010
    Malebranche - 10/16/2010
    Dwarf Ancestor - 10/18/2010
    SHADOWPERSON - 10/19/2010
    Black Dragon - 10/19/2010
    Lammasu - 10/19/2010
    Arcadian Avenger - 10/20/2010
    Purple Worm - 10/21/2010
    The Bleakborn - 10/23/2010
    Giths - 10/23/2010
    Brass Golem - 10/24/2010
    The WereScorpion - 10/27/2010
    Gargoyle - 10/27/2010
    Maug - 10/29/2010
    Saint - 10/29/2010
    Cheshire Cat - 10/30/2010
    Wereraptor - 10/30/2010
    Improved death knight - 10/31/2010
    Osyluth (Bone Devil) - 10/31/2010
    Illurien - 11/04/2010
    Shade - 11/04/2010

Current list of unfinished creatures!
    Pheolarch still needs some touch ups involving the capstone. Also you might want to add the Water Elemental to that list as it still needs to be checked.