Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: "Shamo! Jatzky!" (This Thread is in My Way): Let's Play The Sims 3

If I recall, the Firefighter profession doesn't actually turn up in the newspaper, you actually have to send the sim to the station to get hired.

And I am the best at Science. Best.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

The Twelve Gods and O-Chul have smiled and lent their powers of lulz and awesome upon this thread.

You must do this again, with 5 new Playgrounders, as often as possible.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jerk with a heart of gold? Perhaps, perhaps--then again, it's a cold, hard, yellow heart surrounded by a far larger jerk.

Besides, it was merely an issue of practicality.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

So I'm now going to be missing organs as soon as I go to work, god I hope they are vestigial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #65

This is amazing! Love the screenshots, very well done. I wish I got here earlier...this is an LP I would definitely want to be a part of! Makes me want to fire up my copy of Sims 3...
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear god this is painfully funny. I'll be keeping track of this.
    Truth resists simplicity.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

I love how this game breaks Demand and supply: the more supply the bigger the demand and thus costs of paintings.

8. - Top - End - #68

*slams subscribe button*

Oh yes. Oh yes.

9. - Top - End - #69

Oh boy, another friend?

...even if the circumstances leading to said relationship improvement were a bit weird....

Anyway, I propose we call the painting "The Innocence (Or Lack Thereof) of Children in the Modern World as Portrayed in the Style of Said Children by Deme" by Deme. Only a long name such as that will suffice.

And yes, "by Deme" is part of the title as well.
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2010-10-05 at 07:07 PM.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

While Blayze makes something fresh, DF chews on leftover salad from the night before. He also talks about books.
    Look at his eyes...it's like he's considering whether or not he's going to try cooking DF...

11. - Top - End - #71

Clearly my picture was worth more then her first attempt because I am THE SUPERIOR ARTIST!

The funniest part of this is the conversations you make up for the cast.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hilarious.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this answers one of the many ancient (read: at least 3 years months days seconds old) questions of the universe: What would happen if 5 6 random GitPers lived in the same building? Hilarity ensues.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2010-10-06 at 03:48 PM. Reason: edited for accuracy
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Terry's having fun with Madden, isn't he?

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, this inspired me to boot up my copy of SIMS 3.

The launcher is giving me issues.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Well, this answers one of the many ancient (read: at least 3 years months days seconds old) questions of the universe: What would happen if 5 random GitPers lived in the same building? Hilarity ensues.
    Six. There's six people in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Look at his eyes...it's like he's considering whether or not he's going to try cooking DF...
    This is why I think Blayze is becoming my favorite sim so far.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

17. - Top - End - #77

Stuff
    Nooooo, why must you taunt me so with the "Zarah last posted in this thread"?!
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

18. - Top - End - #78

"If he keeps trying to talk to me about those bloody books..."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

This is amazing. It's given me a good laugh when I needed it.

Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Six. There's six people in the house.
    Oh, whoops. my previous post has been edited for accuracy.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

This is a beautiful thing. XD

I wish I'd paid attention early enough to get in on the lulz, but never mind.

I think those paintings of Deme's are like Magritte's pipe - first is the painting of the pipe, then the painting of the painting of the pipe, then the print of the painting of the painting of the pipe...
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

22. - Top - End - #82

This is brilliant. Can't wait to see the next chapter! *subscribes*
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

23. - Top - End - #83

Day 3

Spoiler
    Show

It's day 3, and xp is playing some sort of skateboarding game made by EA. But it doesn't last too long, since he gets an idea for something else to pass the time...

Doesn't seem all that evil to me. Looks like more of a "hungry dance" if you asked me.

But the longer I watch, the more I realize that xp is a total dance freak.

I was just heading upstairs to check on the others when I heard a horrible laughter come from downstairs. What the hell did I just miss?

xp really is nuts. He's apparently laughing at the fridg—

OH DEAR GOD

AAAAAAAAAAH

Thankfully that psychotic episode doesn't last long, as xp is quickly distracted by waffles.

Illven is the first of the remaining household to crawl out of bed. Deme's artwork has also been named "Crudely-Drawn Girl-Thing," since Dark Fiddler's ridiculous name wouldn't fit.

Illven heads downstairs, presumebly to get something to eat. But no, he just goes straight for the bar. He might be out-pacing Deme at this rate.

Blayze drags himself out of bed....

... While Deme sneaks some waffles from under my watchful eye.

Dark Fiddler finally stirs awake and thinks of a house.

Wait, we're missing one. Let's check on Terry.

Terry is still out.

Remember those comments Illven made regarding Blayze's manhood the other day?

I think he got over it.

And for some reason, as he was on his way to get some food, Blayze immediately stopped after checking himself out and went to watch TV instead.

Terry has finally showed up downstairs to shove some waffles down his throat. Shirtless.

Along with everyone else in the house. Poor Deme.

Not that she seems to mind. She's too busy sprucing herself up in the mirror.

Hey, where's DF? He's been awake now for like, an hour, but I haven't seen a trace of him. What happened to him?

booooooooks

Terry heads for the bathroom while scowling at everyone in the room. I think he might have some emotional issues.

Blayze and Illven share some quality time together... But not a word is spoken between the two of them.

xp has joined the others in welcoming the morning by ambushing DF's reading time to talk. But DF quickly monopolizes the conversation to talk about food.

So xp laughs like a maniac again and promptly leaves the room. At least DF looks worried.

Hold on a second. Where did you get that toast? Seriously. Where the HELL did you get that toast?! He was in a bedroom without any food nearby, and he just somehow pulls a piece of bread from his ass. I don't even want to know.

The hard-working boys of the household head off for another day at the office. Or the operating table, in Illven's case.

I come back into the house to catch Blayze dancing. Again. Who'd he wrangle this time?

Whoa, hey. Looks like he's going up in the world. Either that, or Deme is about to eat his soul...

If you know what I mean.

But their dancing doesn't last long, since Deme heads upstairs for the computer while DF finally finds someone he can discuss books with.

Blayze is working the kitchen again.

But it doesn't turn out. Oh well.

But he doesn't let that stop him. DF puts away the failed experiment and Blayze goes right back to cooking. I guess eating burnt waffles is beneath him.

Deme stares at a blank screen, but is still being amused. Alright, time to get out of the house, lady.

So I send her to an art class. Lord knows she'll need it if she ever wants to paint that $750 masterpiece.

And she's off!

"Hey, did you hear? Deme left for an art class. We have the house to ourselves!"

"I ****ing hate art."

Then I get this message. It's... Interesting, but has little other effect, so I move on with my day.

Hey, Blayze is using the stove this time! He's cooking something new!

Pancakes!

And this time, he ends with success. He also gains another cooking skill point in the process and can now cook more meals. Looks like we have our chef.

The oven looks like it's seen better days, though.

Deme arrives at the school, where her class is taking place.

And immediately runs straight into the building. I guess she was late.

I never would have guessed.

xp gets an opportunity at work. I accept, even though it'll probably never get done.

Somehow, the sink faucet broke while I wasn't looking and is now spraying water everywhere. Looks like Blayze might be on it, though.

... nnnnope.

Deme's class ends with her looking particularly dazed and confused. She then heads to a nearby bathroom mirror to, quote, "check herself out." Way to break the stereotype there, girl.

Don't everybody go to fix the sink at once, guys. See what happens when you leave the house, Deme?

xp has returned home and is quickly intercepted by Blayze for some gossip.

...Which quickly turns into something that is not gossip at all.

Did I mention that xp is a dance freak? Because xp is a dance freak.

The two dancers gather an audience, although DF is only there because he's waiting paitently to talk to xp about something.

Why am I not surprised?

"Dude, go ahead. I'm totally listening."

Illven has wandered into town for a makeover. He needs to get some new threads. Here he is at the local salon meeting—

Holy hell. THAT is the stylist? Run, Illven! Run!!

Then again, maybe this guy knows his customer better than I think.

I wonder if anyone's gotten around to fixing that sink yet.

... nnnnope.

After mopping up the water puddles in the kitchen, Blayze ignores the actual cause of said puddles to run a bath.

And it looks like Illven is home with some new duds. Yarr me hearty, he be lookin' pretty good there.

DF finally shows some initiative and starts fixing the sink. Thank god.

Meanwhile, Terry wastes time while neglecting his painting. Seriously, he hasn't touched it all day. I dunno what's up.

DF is making good progress on the faucet. What do you think, Deme?

Hey, at least he's trying. Unlike the rest of our lovely roommates.

"I love vegetables. What about you, Blayze?"

"Vegetables make me think crazy thoughts."

"How about butterflies, then?"

"I once pulled the wings off a butterfly just to watch it struggle."

"Maybe we should go back to vegetables..."

"Is it just me, or does this food taste like garbage?"

"You look tired. Maybe we should go to bed."

"Okay, this is totally not what I had in mind!"

But DF gets over it pretty quickly as he heads across the hall to claim the other double-bed as his own.

Which leaves Illven as the only one left awake as end of the third day closes in.

"Maybe I should get a monocle too..."

[ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do guys like walking around walk around shirtless? It's just a thing with us, I guess. Can we at least get Deme in a bikini for a while?

25. - Top - End - #85

I liked it.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground

Come on! You mean to tell me that you don't randomly burst into maniacal laughter in the mornings?

27. - Top - End - #87

Come on! You mean to tell me that you don't randomly burst into maniacal laughter in the mornings?
    Only on mondays!
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

28. - Top - End - #88

What, you guys don't carry around a piece of toast in hammerspace? It's a habit I just can't break, personally.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

29. - Top - End - #89

XP, CONSUMER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!

Also, dancing freak.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

I am the best dancer.

best.
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!