Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "Shamo! Jatzky!" (This Thread is in My Way): Let's Play The Sims 3

I love the crap out of this Let's Play. Keep up the good work
    Thanks to Tape Measure for my avatar!

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.
    League of Legends- Supernaturalist

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xp194 View Post
    I am the best dancer.

best.
    Well I look the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #93

And I... er... Well, I guess "impolite" is a step up from "jerkass".

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Heh,this is hlarious!
    I killed the thread killing thread,so yeah
    I cannot be held legally responsible for injuries gained by being overcome by my epicness.
    Awesome avvie by Serpentine!
    Spoiler
    Show

my hero
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-the belkster

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

The blue mist was water from the broken faucet, right?

That was great.
    I think the garbage conversation was him saying something stinks.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hillarious as always. And by the way zarah, how much do you control the inhabitant? Or do you just let them loose? I never played any of the sims beside the first one though. and you know the quality of the AI in the first game right?
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    And I... er... Well, I guess "impolite" is a step up from "jerkass".
    At least it doesn't seem like you're going to try and kill all the others in their sleep or something like xp.

...evil dance...that boy ain't right...

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    At least it doesn't seem like you're going to try and kill all the others in their sleep or something like xp.

...evil dance...that boy ain't right...
    I'd say it's his ability to hold a conversation and perform those ridiculous dance moves (Seriously, that angle when he's bent over backwards? Weird *and* creepy) that ain't right.

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Hillarious as always. And by the way zarah, how much do you control the inhabitant? Or do you just let them loose?
    I try to leave them as free-willed as I can, but there are some things I intervene for. However, I won't disclose when those moments are, since it breaks the magic of the story. All you need to know is "sometimes I do, most of the time I don't."
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    I try to leave them as free-willed as I can, but there are some things I intervene for. However, I won't disclose when those moments are, since it breaks the magic of the story. All you need to know is "sometimes I do, most of the time I don't."
    Well, Sims won't get jobs on their own...
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Tell me: are one of these interventions preventing our virtual selves' horrible deaths? Or will we die if we die?

Also, a general question about the Sims 3... How hard is it to kill Sims in this?

...Why am I so fixated on death?
    Last edited by Deme; 2010-10-09 at 07:56 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Well, Sims won't get jobs on their own...
    Exactly. There are some things that Sims simply won't do, and if I left them to their own free will, this would get very boring very quickly. Since they would just dance and play computer games all day. Every. Day.

Tell me: are one of these interventions preventing our virtual selves' horrible deaths? Or will we die if we die?

Also, a general question about the Sims 3... How hard is it to kill Sims in this?
    Honestly, I don't know how hard it is to kill sims, since I've never done it before. It's not as easy as it used to be, though. For example, it's rare for sims to light the kitchen on fire when they start cooking in this game.

And you can be sure that I won't be letting anyone die unless I intend it. Or unless I can't stop it.

13. - Top - End - #103

Well, you are the artsy-type in the household...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

It is because your character wears too much clothes. Don't you see: Clothes make you think about death: nudist never think about death.

I wonder if my theory is correct.

15. - Top - End - #105

Sadly, in an attempt to move TS3 to an External Hard Drive, something got horrendously mixed up and I lost the game. Not to mention I don't have any of the game discs at Uni. I'll try and pick them up second hand, but... my version of this LP probably won't start in a while...
    XBL & Steam ID: xp194

Ninja-Jedi Avatar by Deuxhero. Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #106

Day 4

Spoiler
    Show

We return to our thrilling LP with Illven complaining about lack of sleep.

Unfortunately, there's only five beds in the house, including the sarcophagus. So Illven has nowhere to sleep. So he patiently waits outside xp's current dwelling to snatch it as soon as he can.

No, Illven. It's made of stone. You can't see through it.

"Whatever, it's sink time."

Or not. Illven calls it a night on the couch.

A few in-game hours later, something stirs in the basement.

It is xp. He thinks of trees to welcome the morning.

He goes to sit in the dining room for a moment, but the second his butt hits the chair, one of the plates left by DF and Terry starts to smell. This upsets xp enough for him to bail on the idea.

xp fights with his own fist in the basement. I'm telling you, that boy ain't right.

Blayze is next to rise. Whatever could he be so distressed about?

Oh. Apparently, he is hungry. And he is declaring that to the nearest wall.

So he heads to the kitchen and scarfs down some burnt waffles from the day before. Classy.

Deme slipped under my radar and started up some video games. While Illven was still sleeping, promptly waking him up and causing him to rage at the new source of noise.

This is Terry. I have no idea why I took this screenshot, but from this angle, that bathtub looks comically tiny.

Dark Fiddler is up to his usual routine.

Not long after, Blayze interrupts Deme's gaming session. "YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES LIKE A GIRL!"

She does not approve.

Suddenly, he tries to change the subject. Although he doesn't seem to be doing much better.

That's it, I'm bailing on this conversation.

Terry finally decides to continue his painting. Let's hope it turns out to be something worthwhile.

And before long, it's time for our boys to head off to work for another long day.

Not much happens after that. Until I hear screaming from the bathroom.

DEME WHAT DID YOU DOOOOO?

She clogged the toilet.

... but she gets over it pretty quickly. I call heads!

It's been a while since anyone has gone near the TV. Maybe the Playgrounders are learning to lead better lives. Or maybe the TV is broken.

Yep. TV is broken.

Wait, is Blayze using a blender in his underwear? That's dangerous, dude.

Oh hey. Let's check up.

.... Excuse me, Terry, but that is not a finished painting.

Alright. Another new portrait for the house, and you guys get to name this half-a-painting.

I was just checking up on DF again when I got this pop-up message. xp already seems as mentally unstable as one can be, so why not!

Which results in... This. O...kay?

Hey, Deme is at work. And she's using the entire canvas! See that Terry? See that?

"Have you ever thought about the color black? It reminds me of Blayze's heart."

After their brief conversation, DF and Terry are official friends now, according to the game.

Welp, here's a surprise. What these pictures don't convey is just how crazy Blayze is getting with his dancing. Hang on, let me adjust the angle here...

There we go. See what I mean? He's nowhere NEAR that stereo!

Our two new friends here decide to grab some pancakes... Then eat them in separate rooms.

Hey Blayze, did you find something under the stairs?

Oh. You're still dancing. Blayze, do you know what a self-parody is?

DF and Blayze make a break for the hamper, each one with a load of clothes to add.

DF gets there first, however, and gives a nice scowl to Blayze. Or maybe it was at the broken toilet, who knows.

Either way, Blayze looks outright terrified.

...So much so that he decides to take the laundry he has outside. Presumebly to wash them in the pond...

... or to just drop them in the grass and leave them there. Sounds good.

Upstairs, Terry is playing Madden on the computer when he gets interrupted by his cell phone. All the sims always have cell phones in this game. They're separate parts of their inventories that you can't remove. It's kind of handy, but it's also incredibly annoying, because they can get calls out of nowhere, and will never really have an excuse not to answer. The next sims game needs a voice mail feature.

Now Terry has an opportunity. Rather, he has the same opportunity as Deme, but for China instead of France. Yay?

All right! More money!

"I hate money." Blayze is just doing this to spite me, I'm sure.

Finally, he gets wise to his own insanity and he heads outside to collect the laundry he left outside. At the same time, xp's carpool arrives back home.

Uh oh. Time to see what Deme's latest masterpiece looks like.

.... Sigh. Another painting for you guys to name. Have fun.

"CHAIRS... CHAIRS THAT GLOW! HAHAHAHAHA!!" Ain't right, I tell ya'.

And the first thing xp does when he comes into the house is...

...Yep.

Poor Deme... Again.

So she hides her shame in the shower. Also, the laundry is still piling up.

"The sun was wearing glasses! Get it? SUN GLASSES!"

"I am serious about weather."

Didn't hurt their friendship. I will never understand sims.

Meanwhile, Deme stepped out of the shower just to get fully clothed and step right back in to clean it.

Let's take a trip into town. This is the local grocery store. What are we doing here, you may ask?

A better question to ask is what is xp doing here... We'll come back to that.

Just another day in the Playgrounder household.

ANOTHER painting? These guys are getting ambitious.

xp finds his way home while I mess with the camera.

Deme is, for some reason, still in the bathroom. And she hates that laundry pile.

You know, we HAVE a washer and dryer downstairs. Someone can do a load and this will go away....

Aha, so that's what xp was up to. He bought some seeds to plant.

One can only wonder what kind of evil he's planting.

Oh boy, no good can come from this.

..... uhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHH

Oh. And here I thought that was going to devolve into something sexually awkward. What a relief.... Sigh.

On the other side of the room, xp is having a psychotic episode. The less we know, the better.

The dance revolution is soon interrupted by Blayze's own cell phone. See what I told you? Also, now Blayze has an opportunity as well.

Another crappy picture and it needs a name. You guys know the drill.

Blayze heads upstairs to tell Terry about how awesome of a dancer he is, but Terry doesn't take a particular interest in the conversation.

So Blayze immediately chews him out.

But DF shows up to talk about boxing. And as soon as DF brings up the topic of physical violence...

... Blayze disappears.

Not long after, everyone heads to bed, leaving Deme on her own at night for the first time. She spends her time playing computer games.

SOON THE FUTURE WILL SPROUT
    Last edited by Zarah; 2010-10-15 at 02:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Oh God, this just keeps on getting better and better. "UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH", indeed.

Blayze, do you know what a self-parody is?
    Hmm. I'll... get back to you on that one.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Heh, I love the Sims. It makes for so many bizarre and stupidly hilarious situations. Is it just me, or is the 'insane' trait very very random?
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

19. - Top - End - #109

Nice to see the new roommates aren't getting in the way of my reading.

Also, that second picture, Pink Fuzzy Alot, is quite an improvement from the very long-titled one.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Just discovered this one. My, this is awesome. Keep the hilarity coming!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

I propose that my painting be called "The Inside of the Soul."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

22. - Top - End - #112

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Let's see here...

Saint Gumby

Mrs. Sweetums

and Lighthouse of Ruin (seriously, it looks like it's firing multiple kamehamehas at the unsuspecting countryside.)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

I vote for "Half A Painting" for the half painting.

Also, does Sims 3 still use a simple numerical value to determine the relationship between two Sims (I have only played Sims 1)? If so, beside the couple of friendships that have formed so far, are there any other interesting trends in there? Like, say, some Sim starting to develop an actual hatred towards another?
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Nice to see the new roommates aren't getting in the way of my reading.

Also, that second picture, Pink Fuzzy Alot, is quite an improvement from the very long-titled one.
    You are right, Alot of good points: it is a Alot.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Do you add the block-censors yourself, or is it built-in to the game screenshot function? I'm assuming the latter, because Terry in the tub has a completely pointless censor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Do you add the block-censors yourself, or is it built-in to the game screenshot function? I'm assuming the latter, because Terry in the tub has a completely pointless censor.
    If Sims 3 is anything like the previous versions, the game itself censors, not just the screenshot function. Now, why you need censors when it's completely impossible to see anything is beyond me, but that's how it is (or was, as the case may be).
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

27. - Top - End - #117

It pretty much puts a censor cloud around the general area of where the Sim is standing, whether you can see what it's hiding or not. I mean, not like they actually animated that section of the body in at all in the first place, but it helps to be sure and safe from lawsuits. Besides, it adds to the hilarity that half the tub is covered by a mysterious cloud of muffled pixels.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    If Sims 3 is anything like the previous versions, the game itself censors, not just the screenshot function. Now, why you need censors when it's completely impossible to see anything is beyond me, but that's how it is (or was, as the case may be).
    All the Sims games do this any time a sim is doing something "naked." It gets fairly absurd once they start using the toilet, however, since they never actually remove their clothes for that. So there they are, sitting on the toilet, completely clothed, but still covered by a mosaic. The only time that doesn't happen is when they sit on it for comfort, as xp demonstrated here in this very LP.

29. - Top - End - #119

Thanks to this LP, I broke down and bought Sims 3. The hilarity was too good not to try out for myself.

Keep going, much fun.

(I currently have a sim who is a) evil, b) a klepto, and c) flirty. He leaves a trail of broken hearts and empty homes behind....)
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

30. - Top - End - #120

I am clearly the best painter.

THE BEST.

I vote for "Pink Fuzzy Alot". on the second painting.

My newest painting shall be called "I Threw Paint on Canvas".
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.