New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: I have made tin into gold! [3.5 Base Class, PEACH, WiP]

So,... gold aerosol? That's ... interesting.

Somehow I just thought 'hey, a new Tier 1!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

2. - Top - End - #152

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    Somehow I just thought 'hey, a new Tier 1!'

haha... yea..... I don't see it. I see a fun class to play for role playing aspects, not for power. Mostly because I play classes for effect, not to milk anything out of them. I've been playing a GA for a month now, and I've used Turn to Gold only three times, and Golden Touch once, none of which was for money but for Secrets of Gold or to smite an evil doer (in the case of Golden Touch).

Fun role play > Power
    Point:
    Lol. Naw, I think maybe Tier 3.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-07-04 at 01:43 AM.

My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153

Chimera

Yea.. That's not serious anyway. It's more a knee-jerk reaction to Astral mart thing. I realized it limited to low price item, but 'any item' made me just think of lite-but-faster artificer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    Okay, I've only read part of the class and skimmed less than half of the thread so sorry if I miss something obvious.

First, It's a fun and interesting class. Second, I just made calculation and come up with this interesting bit: Gold smoke turn 5 ft square of air into gold. That's 125 ft cubic = 3539605.839 cm³. With mass density 19.3 g/cm3, that's resulted in around 403 pounds of gold ~= 4030 GP. At 12th level that's 48360 gp.
    (cries over the catgirls)

A Wizard (or other fullcaster) 1/Golden Alchemist 19 could have a chance at tier 1. They can buy MASSES of scrolls and wands and such, and then activate them.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    A Wizard (or other fullcaster) 1/Golden Alchemist 19 could have a chance at tier 1. They can buy MASSES of scrolls and wands and such, and then activate them.
    Golden Alchemist's have UMD. Why use wizard 1. Golden Alchemist 20.
    Get Astral Mart V up to at will using Host of dreams. Have almost any spell in existence at you're fingertips all day long. For scrolls costing over 5000 gp, use Astral mart VI and VII.
    Use Astral mart VII to buy a higher than normal CL wand of Wing of Flurry.
    You can get one at CL 33 within the price limit.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

So, you've said the de-golding solution only last two days to prevent stockpiling.

Woundn't it be possible to submerge a container of the stuff in Quintessence? Even if there weren't any Psions around to make it, you have other methods to create it.

And if Quintessence can be solidified, I wonder if it has a market value? It would not only allow you to sell the stuff from the occasional de-golding, but to Astral-Mart it.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

A big problem that I see is that the other members of the party are going to want you to turn their equipment into super powered gold as well. If you do, then they've practically got your powers as well and if you don't they're going to be pissed at you.

A quick and dirty solution could be that your Secrets of Metal only work on things you turned and that you still own. I think that, past that, roleplaying should handle the rest of the problem with you having mountains more money than everyone else.
    If your opinions are different than mine I'll burn down your house.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

First off, this is my favourite class, ever, only seconded by the Incarnum classes. Thank you for making such a fun and heartfelt class.

Second, I was wondering how Shining Ray worked now that my character is reaching his 20th level.

Effect: You may now use your Turn to Gold and Golden Touch class abilities at a range of 10 feet. (In which case, these attacks count as a ray, they require a ranged touch attack instead of a touch attack.) You are not required to use this ability when you use those class abilities, which means that if you possess the Hand of Midas class ability, you do not turn everything within 10 ft. of you to gold.

So...does this mean that you can turn everything into gold in a 10ft radius since every part of you is cursed? Could you AOE everything in a 10ft radius?

Thirdly, how would you update this class to Pathfinder? :)

Anyway, I hope this message finds you well. My merchant is living a very comfortable life with his golden golems around. Thank you so much for making this class.

Bye bye ^-^