You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Bitp:R] Hueco Mundo 2

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva

By the time that Sereg finds the former Primera, the blood on the sand has long since stained it rusty and the bodies gone one way or the other. Instead, of all things, there was digging down into the sand until rock was found. Not by Genoveva of course, but others. Hollows and arrancar of all makes and kinds, all beaten into submission by Genoveva herself or one of her vassals. The 'girl' herself stands with her falchion planted in the sand, hands on the pommel as she looks over the bustling enterprise being conducted. The cat-like smile only grows wider as Sereg approaches, though she doesn't turn to face him either.

"Evuh cross yer mind tis cause Ah don't wanna be found?" she says evenly, glancing over her shoulder at the Espada, "Specially by Geistuh's dull blades? Ya ain't exactly doin' yerself a service by truckin' out here Sereg, but speak yer piece."
    Sereg looks upon the "construction" with interest as the hollows dig underground. "Speaking of dull blades. You've been replaced by some tall broad with a god complex. She found me down in the pits." He walks up to stand beside her, overseeing the menial task of the desert creatures. "So, you making a pool or something?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

"She is in the mortal world dear, you will need a human disguise to do so, and you will need to keep a low profile while there."

--------

Distrito Uno - Before Vicente appeared.

Thessian and Ragnis run their eyeless gaze upon the plans, turn to one another and nod in approval.

"The ghost king has approved... With a few modifications."

"Your palace must remain connected to the Palacio Real by the primary structure of the old palace that is now attached to the base of the spire. A team of royal engineers is already preparing updated plans and a workforce to aid in the rebuilding of the sector, lady Primera."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Distrito Uno - Before Vicente appeared.

Thessian and Ragnis run their eyeless gaze upon the plans, turn to one another and nod in approval.

"The ghost king has approved... With a few modifications."

"Your palace must remain connected to the Palacio Real by the primary structure of the old palace that is now attached to the base of the spire. A team of royal engineers is already preparing updated plans and a workforce to aid in the rebuilding of the sector, lady Primera."
    Cuerva almost gives a sigh of relief as she bows graciously before the Envoys.

"The modifications that our King demands is readily accepted. I thank him for the workforce and royal engineers as well. Now that rebuilding is taken care of. I can focus on other details as written in the proposal as well."

With her stomach grumbling again, despite having a hollow hole for a stomach, Cuerva flies to the edges of Las Noches and begins another grand feast on the wild hollow lingering outside.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 05:39 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Cuerva de Sangre

Without using Sonido, Cuerva is more than able to catch up with Vincente's speed.

Upon reaching the Pits, Cuerva holds out a hand for Vincente. "Lead the way." she smiles, charisma and grace oozing out of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to have to trouble you to lead the expedition. I know jack about this place.
    [The Pit]

Vicente descended into the Pit without an ounce of fear. Any prisoners that came close found themselves broken wrecks, though out of respect to the Primera, none were killed. He struck fast and efficiently, never wasting effort.

Eventually they reached the unassuming chamber. The edges were still rough-hewn rock. A couple of simple tables were against one side, but nothing was on them.

Oh, and there was an Iron Maiden of sekkisekki in the middle of the room, constantly shaking a bit, with horrible moans coming from within.

"As you can see, a less than ideal location for science. Hence my request.On the plus side, we're to the far side of the complex, so we shouldn't really break through any other cells when the construction is complete."

He shrugs.

"While it's an invaluable opportunity, I don't intend to keep Subject 0.0 around forever. Too dangerous. There will be a point where it will be no longer needed. After all..."

The dim light still seemed to catch and gleam off of his glasses, accentuating his smirk.

"Science marches on."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Throne Room

"She is in the mortal world dear, you will need a human disguise to do so, and you will need to keep a low profile while there."
    ...Well, I want to go. You can get a disguise for me, right?

The princess uses sad face.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [The Pit]

Vicente descended into the Pit without an ounce of fear. Any prisoners that came close found themselves broken wrecks, though out of respect to the Primera, none were killed. He struck fast and efficiently, never wasting effort.

Eventually they reached the unassuming chamber. The edges were still rough-hewn rock. A couple of simple tables were against one side, but nothing was on them.

Oh, and there was an Iron Maiden of sekkisekki in the middle of the room, constantly shaking a bit, with horrible moans coming from within.

"As you can see, a less than ideal location for science. Hence my request.On the plus side, we're to the far side of the complex, so we shouldn't really break through any other cells when the construction is complete."

He shrugs.

"While it's an invaluable opportunity, I don't intend to keep Subject 0.0 around forever. Too dangerous. There will be a point where it will be no longer needed. After all..."

The dim light still seemed to catch and gleam off of his glasses, accentuating his smirk.

"Science marches on."
    While Vincente was being polite and respectful, any prisoners who approached Cuerva with hostile intent was immediately broken and tossed into a Garganta. If Vincente pays a little more attention to the Garganta, he will notice that Cuerva's Garganta is slightly...different. All in all, after about 20 feeble attempts at attacking Vincete or Cuerva, the attacks stopped as a palpable wave of fear signals a retreat.

It is unfortunate that Cuerva isn't able to sense any reiatsu coming out of the iron maiden, being made entirely of Sekkiseki. Making no move to touch the object, Cuerva stands a little closer, trying to pick out any details about who might be inside.

"So this is the prisoner that Sereg warned me about, and the records only indicate that this is a valuable prisoner, who was my predecessor's predecessor.. What can you tell me about your research, assuming you have some of the information that is not classified."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 08:19 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"In short, Subject 0.0 possesses the unique ability of continual adaptive evolution. What this means is that the Subject is able to rapidly alter its form and function to meet virtually any threat. I've seen fire and ice spewing from that container at times. Initial tests show the Subject alters itself both defensively and offensively.

What's strange is that the changes seem both temporary and permanent. I've seen the same thing pop up many times, but not all the time. It's like the Subject "stores" all the abilities it manifests, but doesn't access every single one at the same time. Which makes sense; some of the abilities would clash rather messily with each other, and that seems like a less than helpful trait.

Still, it's promising. I have a couple major ideas on what to do, but this early in the project, I don't want to make too many promises.
    "
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-19 at 09:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"In short, Subject 0.0 possesses the unique ability of continual adaptive evolution. What this means is that the Subject is able to rapidly alter its form and function to meet virtually any threat. I've seen fire and ice spewing from that container at times. Initial tests show the Subject alters itself both defensively and offensively.

The biggest problem, at least for Subject 0.0, is that these changes are fundamentally temporary. It has a sort of "base setting"; it can deviate in a wide range in the short term, but in the long term, it doesn't seem to adapt very radical changes.

Still, it's promising. I have a couple major ideas on what to do, but this early in the project, I don't want to make too many promises.
    "
    Cuerva raises an eyebrow. "Then how is it that it has yet to adapt to the Sekkiseki prison device despite the fact that the Subject's body's first and continual contact from any experiment is this cage first? Would this suggest that the Subject's ability cannot adapt to this mineral stone's properties?" Cuerva nods at the iron maiden. "Very fascinating. Pray tell, who managed to subdue, capture and imprison this creature?"
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 08:30 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cuerva raises an eyebrow. "Then how is it that it has yet to adapt to the Sekkiseki prison device despite the fact that the Subject's body's first and continual contact from any experiment is this cage first? Would this suggest that the Subject's ability cannot adapt to this mineral stone's properties?" Cuerva nods at the iron maiden. "Very fascinating. Pray tell, who managed to subdue, capture and imprison this creature?"
    "My hypothesis is that Sekkiseki is simply out of its ability to cope. And it's not invincible inside of that place. I've drawn tissue and blood samples. I don't believe it's ever managed anything that gives it a "foothold" of enough power to break out. Or even "chip away".

As for who subdued it, it was your predecessor, Genoveva. I cannot answer the "how", or even really speculate. I have not seen her in full release, and only in brief glimpses of her sealed power.
    "

Vicente shrugs.

"I can make wild theories, but I don't really care enough. It's not important enough for my research. Perhaps the King woudl know?"
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-19 at 09:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    ...Well, I want to go. You can get a disguise for me, right?

The princess uses sad face.
    Throne Room

Von Geister sighs.

"Very well dearie. Go get your gigai. I will send you over."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"My hypothesis is that Sekkiseki is simply out of its ability to cope. And it's not invincible inside of that place. I've drawn tissue and blood samples. As I said, most of the changes Subject 0.0 undergoes seem to be short-term. I don't believe it's ever managed anything that gives it a "foothold" of enough power to break out. Or even "chip away".

As for who subdued it, it was your predecessor, Genoveva. I cannot answer the "how", or even really speculate. I have not seen her in full release, and only in brief glimpses of her sealed power.
    "

Vicente shrugs.

"I can make wild theories, but I don't really care enough. It's not important enough for my research. Perhaps the King woudl know?"
    Cuerva nods. This Genoveva is a powerful individual, her disappearance from Las Noches could not be anything cowardly. A tingle runs up Cuerva's spine. Despite being an Ancient, the new generations are still capable of producing individuals with frightening potential and power. Unable to help it but smile, grinning broadly from ear to ear, Cuerva rubs her tummy as it vibrates soothingly. This can get interesting indeed, and this means she must raise her feeding times soon enough, if she wants to have any hope of being in full battle strength.

"Thank you for providing me a short tour. Should I leave you here for your work or would you like to go back outside and let the engineers work on this chamber first?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cuerva nods. This Genoveva is a powerful individual, her disappearance from Las Noches could not be anything cowardly. A tingle runs up Cuerva's spine. Despite being an Ancient, the new generations are still capable of producing individuals with frightening potential and power. Unable to help it but smile, grinning broadly from ear to ear, Cuerva rubs her tummy as it vibrates soothingly. This can get interesting indeed, and this means she must raise her feeding times soon enough, if she wants to have any hope of being in full battle strength.

"Thank you for providing me a short tour. Should I leave you here for your work or would you like to go back outside and let the engineers work on this chamber first?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC:Posts changed slightly on Callos's request.)

Vicente makes a dismissive wave.

"The reason I'm having the work done is because this place is a poor workplace at present. I'll let the workers do what they're supposed to before I actually get to it."

He moves to follow the new Primera out of the Pit.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC:Posts changed slightly on Callos's request.)

Vicente makes a dismissive wave.

"The reason I'm having the work done is because this place is a poor workplace at present. I'll let the workers do what they're supposed to before I actually get to it."

He moves to follow the new Primera out of the Pit.
    District Uno, outside the Pits

Cuerva gives a polite nod to Vincente as the duo emerges out of the Pits with no incident.

Taking several steps away from the Fraccion, Cuerva disappears from District Uno with a sonic boom, sending the shockwave rippling through the air as she breaks the sound barrier and flies towards the Menos Forest at Mach 1.2 speed.

Time to eat higher quality food, even if quality in this case does not mean much.

----------------------------------------

Forest of Menos

Flying overhead of the Menos Forest, Cuerva finds a nice spot to perch and uses her Pesquisa to search sufficiently high reiryoku Menos.

With her senses detecting several, Cuerva lets loose a piercing shriek as a challenge, to which several of the more bestial-minded Menos turns and prepares their Cero.

Grinning and neglecting to release her Zanpakuto, which in fact remains in her Garganta, Cuerva smashes into the first Menos in the wake of a sonic boom, going through the Menos in a fraction of a second. Rapidly speeding and clawing her way through the masses of Menos that responded to her call, Cuerva laughs in delight as her hunger moans in pleasure.

A good hour later, a visibly more powerful Cuerva, drenched in blood and several scorch marks for grazing a few Ceros too closely, returns to her palace for a clean up.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-19 at 11:09 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Orc in the Playground

[Throne Room]

The princess... gives an extremely wane smile. Such a thing would possibly break the mind of anyone else.

Thank you, papa. With that, Carina goes to fetch her gigai that she had stored for these occasions. ...It was sort of odd, looking at her body with legs.

But, such things were sort of necessary.

Without much ceremony, she returns to the throne room.

So... is mama still working at that school?

She seems almost... giddy.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

Throne Room

"Haha... Yes, yes she is."

Von Geister raises his cane, tracing a black line on the air next to him, opening a garganta.

"Enjoy your time in the town, dearie."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Orc in the Playground

[Throne Room]

The princess enters her gigai, then walks through the garganta, the pathway to the Mortal World...

But not before giving her father a hug.

...Surely this would be a heartwarming moment, if it were any other father and daughter.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Certainly, anyone else and it would be very heartwarming.

The garganta closes shortly after Carina has passed through.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Cuerva de Sangre, District Uno, Musing

Perched on the highest point of her still-constructing tower, Cuerva admires the highly skilled and efficient speed at which the engineers and builders go about constructing her new home. She looks at the former Primera's palace repaired and retained as an attache to her Tower with the original ground level complex being built just beside the former palace, the workers are also going at a very brisk pace. In fact, because the broken palace was already there, restoration is quicker than building.

Deciding that the original entrance to the Pits from Genoveva's chambers be routed to her palace, Cuerva will turn it into a Processing Center, and make plans to add furnishings to turn that building into a death trap for anyone attacking in or out of the building.

Turning around, she spots Tadzio and Anita* making their rounds with recruitment. Amnesty has been granted to any citizens willing to swear fealty to her and join the appropriate forces that she is building up. The Storm Legions and the Core Forces shall be the standing armies that are disciplined, trained and serve as Von Geister's premier army of choice. Those that refuse to serve are sent back to their original Districts. Those who resist...are sent to the Pits.

It is perhaps this moment of peace that allows Cuerva the luxury of some introspection. Her ancient memories go back to her days of power, and given the benefit of hindsight, she realizes several mistakes in her rule, and how her naked ambition to invade and feed on the Mortal World brings the attention and wrath of the Shinigami to her doorsteps. Furthermore, facing 13 Captains who had taken pains to sabotage her feeding supplies, she fell to the combined might of a coordinated force which individually, might pose little threat to her, but combined into a force to be reckoned with.

Thankful that she still proved too strong to kill, the sealing gave her a millennium to reflect and starve. It was only through sheer willpower that prevented her from going mad. Her original Storm Legions had been starved to madness, salvaging them is futile. The others had, through the lack of feeding, devolved back into irreversible baser forms. In the end, all that's left in the dark void of the seal space was Cuerva alone, in a meditative trance to conserve herself.

A stray gust of wind blows through Las Noches, and past Cuerva, taking a shed tear away from her face. She has lost so much, but this is not the time to moan for the past. The present and future is still open to her.

Carrying on with her silent introspection, Cuerva remains where she is until she receives any extra orders or assignments. She serves now, not rule, and she would have to adapt to this new way of life for now. Even if it is difficult for her.

*If Anita's player decides to let Anita join Cuerva's court.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-20 at 05:33 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Sereg looks upon the "construction" with interest as the hollows dig underground. "Speaking of dull blades. You've been replaced by some tall broad with a god complex. She found me down in the pits." He walks up to stand beside her, overseeing the menial task of the desert creatures. "So, you making a pool or something?"
    Genoveva

The snickering coming from the petite arrancar-girl is some what out of place, especially for the news she'd just received about her apparent demotion. "Well dat certainly didn't take'em long ta decide. Ah well, Ah'm dun wit dat rotten city for the time bein' anyway. Ah'll see how well dis new Primera deserves 'er title when Ah come back."

Something that Sereg had said did seem to get Genoveva's attention though, head swiveling about to face the Espada. "An' what were ya doin' in mah Pits Sereg? Last Ah checked, ya had no business down dere until Ortiz got off his arse and started production."

There's some commotion down in the pit when one of the reinforced walls gives in, spilling tons of sand down atop some of the workers and burying them in a moment. Genoveva merely grins a little wider at the sight, as if savoring the panicked screams before she finally turns about to face Sereg fully. "Dis? Obviously it's mah new bedroom. Decided Ah wanted sumthin' bigger den a bread-box dis time on account of all me visitors and so on. Ya haven't told me why ye're really here Sereg, spit it out. Ah got work to do."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Orc in the Playground

Cuerva de Sangre, District Uno, Musing
    Spoiler
    Show

Perched on the highest point of her still-constructing tower, Cuerva admires the highly skilled and efficient speed at which the engineers and builders go about constructing her new home. She looks at the former Primera's palace repaired and retained as an attache to her Tower with the original ground level complex being built just beside the former palace, the workers are also going at a very brisk pace. In fact, because the broken palace was already there, restoration is quicker than building.

Deciding that the original entrance to the Pits from Genoveva's chambers be routed to her palace, Cuerva will turn it into a Processing Center, and make plans to add furnishings to turn that building into a death trap for anyone attacking in or out of the building.

Turning around, she spots Tadzio and Anita* making their rounds with recruitment. Amnesty has been granted to any citizens willing to swear fealty to her and join the appropriate forces that she is building up. The Storm Legions and the Core Forces shall be the standing armies that are disciplined, trained and serve as Von Geister's premier army of choice. Those that refuse to serve are sent back to their original Districts. Those who resist...are sent to the Pits.

It is perhaps this moment of peace that allows Cuerva the luxury of some introspection. Her ancient memories go back to her days of power, and given the benefit of hindsight, she realizes several mistakes in her rule, and how her naked ambition to invade and feed on the Mortal World brings the attention and wrath of the Shinigami to her doorsteps. Furthermore, facing 13 Captains who had taken pains to sabotage her feeding supplies, she fell to the combined might of a coordinated force which individually, might pose little threat to her, but combined into a force to be reckoned with.

Thankful that she still proved too strong to kill, the sealing gave her a millennium to reflect and starve. It was only through sheer willpower that prevented her from going mad. Her original Storm Legions had been starved to madness, salvaging them is futile. The others had, through the lack of feeding, devolved back into irreversible baser forms. In the end, all that's left in the dark void of the seal space was Cuerva alone, in a meditative trance to conserve herself.

A stray gust of wind blows through Las Noches, and past Cuerva, taking a shed tear away from her face. She has lost so much, but this is not the time to moan for the past. The present and future is still open to her.

Carrying on with her silent introspection, Cuerva remains where she is until she receives any extra orders or assignments. She serves now, not rule, and she would have to adapt to this new way of life for now. Even if it is difficult for her.

*If Anita's player decides to let Anita join Cuerva's court.
    In between one of the somewhat rare moments where he'd been training Pico, Rouga had made it back to Las Noches to check up on his legion. The hellish training regimen he put them through was sure to make them respectable threats, or make them die trying.

However, on his way back, he caught a whiff of a Reiatsu he hadn't felt in... a very, very long time.

Well I'll be damned.

None too long after that, Cuerva could sense Rouga approaching at the brisk pace of Sonido. He was never too fast with it, but it was better than walking. Perhaps more surprising is the fact he launches into an embrace as soon as he's within reach.

"CUERVA-CHAN!!! It's been forever, girl! How've you been?!"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anita

The fraccion stood beside Cuerva, with a clipboard in hand and wearing a simple orange construction hat. "Mistress Primera, this one does not have an appointment." She declares plainly.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    In between one of the somewhat rare moments where he'd been training Pico, Rouga had made it back to Las Noches to check up on his legion. The hellish training regimen he put them through was sure to make them respectable threats, or make them die trying.

However, on his way back, he caught a whiff of a Reiatsu he hadn't felt in... a very, very long time.

Well I'll be damned.

None too long after that, Cuerva could sense Rouga approaching at the brisk pace of Sonido. He was never too fast with it, but it was better than walking. Perhaps more surprising is the fact he launches into an embrace as soon as he's within reach.

"CUERVA-CHAN!!! It's been forever, girl! How've you been?!"
    The shock of another surviving Ancient stuns Cuerva as Rouga launches into an embrace, but old instincts kick in as Cuerva easily sidesteps Rouga's lunge and watches as he hits the floor.

Bending over Rouga's face-planting form with an indignant pout, Cuerva looks over an old old friend. "Rouga...I don't suppose we will see others we used to know around this place again yeah? Don't make this feel like a bloody reunion. And what's with that attempt to hug me? You want my blade between your ribs?" Cuerva stomps the floor as her pout enlarges. But her senses begin to tell her more. Rouga seems...diminished somehow.

"What the hell happened to you? I can barely feel that flicker of reiatsu that sends shivers up my spine, its as if your scent has lost its potency. Did you get 'fixed'? Oh ho ho ho!" Cuerva laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Anita

The fraccion stood beside Cuerva, with a clipboard in hand and wearing a simple orange construction hat. "Mistress Primera, this one does not have an appointment." She declares plainly.
    Suddenly remembering her public image, Cuerva stands up straighter with a cough. "Unscheduled, put all my other appointments on hold until I am done with this old ruffian."
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-20 at 10:26 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Where Yuugo Duarte is

Yaago is even harder to find and Tadzio actually pants when he catches up to him.

"Numero Yaago Duarte, you are summoned to the presence of the new Primera Espada, Cuerva de Sangre."

With his task done, Tadzio begins his journey back to the Primera District.
    Day 11
    [Yaago Duarte, Fraccion to the now EX-Primera, Genoveva] (white sands outside Las Noches)

Yaago Duarte....and his cat, were outside the walls of Las Noches when Tadzio came panting up to request him to go meet the NEW Primera. Yaago barely looked and the lackey, and made no response to him whatsoever. Tadzio left and Yaago let out a sigh, as he turned back to look at the newly arranged Las Noches.

His cat rubbed up against his leg slightly, then jumped up to his shoulder and pranced its way down to the tip of the long large claymore sword Yaago held horizontally on his shoulder, Yaago paid it no disdain.

Yaago's blood stained mouth and clotting wound on his forearm, showed he had drank some of his own blood recently. He glanced over to the nimble Arrancar cat, its bone covered tail clanking on the blade a bit. Yaago rolled his eyes as the cat was curling up on the very end of the sword and yawned as it appeared to want to sleep.

Yaago spoke out loud towards it, more him talking to himself rather than to the cat. Not loudly, mind you, but his gnarled voice never made his speech eloquent sounding. Still, he seemed sincere if it was at all possible.

"Numero Yaago" Yaago thought to himself as Tadzio had called him.

"What a load of crap..." he said out loud...looking tot he sleeping cat on his sword "I didnt come to this place for a title...f_ck...i didnt even come here to be summoned or any of that political bullsh_t......I came here for BLOOD...I came here for Genoveva...SHE is why i left the sands...SHE filled my appetite..."

Yaago looked back to the white sands a bit, then back to Las Noches.

"Genoveva rarely ever told me everything....but she also never would let some god-headcase take her spot either....something must be up..."

He turned and looked back to the White Sands. it was only a brief flash of sensing "something" familiar in the distance...but it was more inviting than anything he felt coming from this new worthless place behind him. If Genoveva was not in Las Noches...neither would be Yaago...Yaago didn't pledge loyalty to the Ghost King or this debacle of a castle... he gave his loyalty to blood...and his appetite...and Genoveva was all that and more.

"I'm not going back CAT...if you want to go back in there feel free...but i am going that way" pointing to the white wastes... "...even if she isnt out there...she isnt in there.." his thumb points behind him towards Las Noches.

The cat purrs just a bit and readjusts itself slight on the sword tip. Yaago looks to it briefly, and grins just a little bit.

"...I'm hungry..." Licking his dried blood on his lips slightly.

He then takes his first step into the nothingness of the white wastes. He doesnt look back once.

(Yaago would be roaming until Day 18-19)

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Lalita sees the attack coming, sidestepping Edward's attack and then darting forth, striking against Edward's right arm hard with both hands and taking a hold of it to halt him from bringing his sword for another blow.

"I see no reason in this", he recounts deadpanly. "Let it go, Callahan. I have no desire to fight you."
    "Too bad," said Edward with equal detachment. Rather than try to free his trapped arm he thrusts the other one forward with its fingers extended to gouge Lalita's eyes.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The shock of another surviving Ancient stuns Cuerva as Rouga launches into an embrace, but old instincts kick in as Cuerva easily sidesteps Rouga's lunge and watches as he hits the floor.

Bending over Rouga's face-planting form with an indignant pout, Cuerva looks over an old old friend. "Rouga...I don't suppose we will see others we used to know around this place again yeah? Don't make this feel like a bloody reunion. And what's with that attempt to hug me? You want my blade between your ribs?" Cuerva stomps the floor as her pout enlarges. But her senses begin to tell her more. Rouga seems...diminished somehow.

"What the hell happened to you? I can barely feel that flicker of reiatsu that sends shivers up my spine, its as if your scent has lost its potency. Did you get 'fixed'? Oh ho ho ho!" Cuerva laughs.

Suddenly remembering her public image, Cuerva stands up straighter with a cough. "Unscheduled, put all my other appointments on hold until I am done with this old ruffian."
    Rouga's indignant form twitches a little on the floor before he flips back into a proper position. The ground seems devastated where his face landed, but he doesn't look like he has a hair out of place.

"I could say the same of you, sweetheart! Where's that appetite of yours? you're little more than skin and bones!" Rouga said with a chuckle.

"To be more precise, me and Ecchan had that showdown we'd been expecting for so long. He gave me a wound that took the better part of a couple thousand years to heal. But when I came back I wasn't in the mood to fight him again, not after I saw this cool city he built. So I decided to stick around and help him protect it."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Genoveva

The snickering coming from the petite arrancar-girl is some what out of place, especially for the news she'd just received about her apparent demotion. "Well dat certainly didn't take'em long ta decide. Ah well, Ah'm dun wit dat rotten city for the time bein' anyway. Ah'll see how well dis new Primera deserves 'er title when Ah come back."

Something that Sereg had said did seem to get Genoveva's attention though, head swiveling about to face the Espada. "An' what were ya doin' in mah Pits Sereg? Last Ah checked, ya had no business down dere until Ortiz got off his arse and started production."

There's some commotion down in the pit when one of the reinforced walls gives in, spilling tons of sand down atop some of the workers and burying them in a moment. Genoveva merely grins a little wider at the sight, as if savoring the panicked screams before she finally turns about to face Sereg fully. "Dis? Obviously it's mah new bedroom. Decided Ah wanted sumthin' bigger den a bread-box dis time on account of all me visitors and so on. Ya haven't told me why ye're really here Sereg, spit it out. Ah got work to do."
    "Who, me? I was just getting a little bit of stuff for some science of my own. I also took a very small amount of sekiseki. Negligible amount really." He doesn't move, but mentally prepares for the ensuing storm of Genoveva. "I'm here because I think you've got something going for you. A lot better than anything in that god forsaken city. It's either stay there and be hit by Vicente some time when I'm asleep, go to the mortal world for another spiritual get together, or throw my lot in with you. I thought the choice was clear."
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rouga's indignant form twitches a little on the floor before he flips back into a proper position. The ground seems devastated where his face landed, but he doesn't look like he has a hair out of place.

"I could say the same of you, sweetheart! Where's that appetite of yours? you're little more than skin and bones!" Rouga said with a chuckle.

"To be more precise, me and Ecchan had that showdown we'd been expecting for so long. He gave me a wound that took the better part of a couple thousand years to heal. But when I came back I wasn't in the mood to fight him again, not after I saw this cool city he built. So I decided to stick around and help him protect it."
    Cuerva's beautiful lips twist at Rouga's words. "I've...always been watching my diet...and I'm still starving..." Listening to Rouga explain his tale in less than a hundred words either tells her that he's not willing to tell the whole tale, or didn't care, Cuerva gives a sigh.

"And here we are, after so long. Are you an Espada? Which number?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Orc in the Playground

Cuerva's beautiful lips twist at Rouga's words. "I've...always been watching my diet...and I'm still starving..." Listening to Rouga explain his tale in less than a hundred words either tells her that he's not willing to tell the whole tale, or didn't care, Cuerva gives a sigh.

"And here we are, after so long. Are you an Espada? Which number?"
    Actually, that's because that was all there was to it. Rouga was an incredibly succint fellow by definition. Some might even call him blunt.

"Why should I care about getting Espadahood? Buncha unwanted responsibilities if you ask moi. Nope, don't care about none of that! So Ecchan anointed me Privaron 000. Because I don't even WANT a number." Personally, Rouga figured it was kind of a sign of respect from Von Geister: recognition that if he were not at the throne, then Rouga might come close enough for the job.

"But you've got a decent position, or you wouldn't be standing around in distrito uno with that look on your face."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Actually, that's because that was all there was to it. Rouga was an incredibly succint fellow by definition. Some might even call him blunt.

"Why should I care about getting Espadahood? Buncha unwanted responsibilities if you ask moi. Nope, don't care about none of that! So Ecchan anointed me Privaron 000. Because I don't even WANT a number." Personally, Rouga figured it was kind of a sign of respect from Von Geister: recognition that if he were not at the throne, then Rouga might come close enough for the job.

"But you've got a decent position, or you wouldn't be standing around in distrito uno with that look on your face."
    Cuerva sweeps her arm elegantly over the reconstruction scene in her district. Funny phrase, 'her district'. "I've lost my home and my people, the Aerie is now a hive of starvation-maddened hollow. Most of the Arrancar remain as they are, since they do not devolve anymore. But the others have all gone back to a permanent baser form. You could say that I am a refugee given a whole big place to stay and a bunch of responsibilities Von Geister knows damn well I am up to the task. I'm not sure if I should be relieved, or grateful, that he didn't decide to just eat me when I presented myself before his presence."

Looking at Rouga in the eyes, Cuerva wonders what sort of life did he lead after being diminished so. Moving closer to him, she pulls on his sleeve as she bends her face towards his ear.

"If you aren't serving anyone as well. Would you like to enter a partnership with me? I am rebuilding the Storm Legions but would like to raise another military force that for the most part, do not fly. I have less experience with that aspect of training and tactics, and Yaago Duarte seems to have ignored my summons. If you'd like, I'd like to bring you into my plan to provide Las Noches with a force capable of home ground defense and foreign ground offence."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, my supposed superior HAS been conspicuously absent... I'm guessing Ecchan wouldn't really mind if I collaborated with you. He's big on the whole free initiative thing." He doesn't seem to react to the implication she now runs distrito uno. Perhaps it simply hasn't sunk in just yet. "And I just might have the starter for such a force. You'll have to forgive me if I don't go wholesale on the idea right away though - I'm helping a friend get back something he lost first."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show