New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Secondary and Tertiary Roles

I'm putting together a melee fighter focused on charging. Goliath Barb 1 (variant for pounce)/Ftr 6 (Dungeoncrasher)/PsyWar 2? (for Expansion) with PA, Improved Bull Rush, Knockback, Leap Attack, and Shock Trooper. I'm not looking for an Ubercharge build, so this more or less fills out what I want as far as that tactic goes.

My question is regarding secondary and tertiary roles or tactics. I'm not looking for extreme optimization, just something useful and interesting/fun to do when charging isn't an option. Also, maybe there is something I could do better with those Psychic Warrior levels. Feel free to suggest a couple extra levels too, since the starting level would be in the 10-13 range. It's preferable if they are roles I can fill by virtue of class abilities, not just gear, but go ahead and suggest gear, too.

Thanks

Edit: Thinking it over, 2 levels of PsyWar just for Expansion 1/day or so seems expensive. May relegate size increase to an item rather than class ability. Also reduces my ability score spread, as I wouldn't need Wis for extra power points.
    Last edited by prufock; 2010-10-07 at 01:51 PM.
    Settings: Weird West
    Work in Progress: Fulcrum

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Secondary and Tertiary Roles

You could take Hidden Talent at 1st level and head into War Mind at some point. Its a little more elegant than having ANOTHER base class, and has some neato possibilities.

Another thought is a 2nd level of Barbarian with Wolf Totem from UA. Trades out Uncanny Dodge for Imp Trip. This opens up Knockdown as a viable secondary role. Knockdown has a lot of synergy with the abilities you already have. You aren't a primary tripper, just a guy who nearly always has the option to make people fall down because he's big and they are puny little weaklings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!