New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Strange attack

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Strange attack

I heard a story from an older relative that she and her friends were playing Dungeons and Dragons (don't know what version). One of the characters was a dwarf that somehow lost his weapons, and was forced to fight something. The player asked, "what am I supposed to do, pee on it?" The dungeon master replied, "If you want to..." Surprisingly, he did, and it damaged the dragon.

Could this happen with regular rules, or was the DM 'bending' them for comedic effect and to keep a friend in the game?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Strange attack

Quote Originally Posted by zyborg View Post
    I heard a story from an older relative that she and her friends were playing Dungeons and Dragons (don't know what version). One of the characters was a dwarf that somehow lost his weapons, and was forced to fight something. The player asked, "what am I supposed to do, pee on it?" The dungeon master replied, "If you want to..." Surprisingly, he did, and it damaged the dragon.

Could this happen with regular rules, or was the DM 'bending' them for comedic effect and to keep a friend in the game?
    What?
    No, I'm pretty sure Dwarf pee isn't harmful to dragons.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Well, this was a Dwarf, so the urine was alcoholic, so conceivably...

Long story short, yeah, the DM was bending the rules.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Thought so. But I did find it funny.

EDIT: Oh, and... wow. Just... wow. Those were the fastest replies I've ever had.
    Last edited by zyborg; 2010-10-10 at 01:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

depends...what kind of dragon was it?
    if it was linked to a element/metal that is "weak" agains amnoiac...
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that's not very effective, unless the dwarf has some sort of ability. Hmm...

Trait: Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
    Benefit: You may urinate on a target for 1d3 acid damage.
    Drawback: This damage applies to you, whenever you urinate, which will be at least once a day.
    Special: If you are Frank Zappa, you do not suffer the drawback of this trait. Unless, of course, you want to.
    Last edited by Zhalath; 2010-10-10 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    The most unpleasant plane is the one filled with snakes and Samuel L. Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    You kill people by teleporting their brain...into your hand. That's about as badass as it gets, and should come with a free +30 on all Intimidate checks made...ever.

No gods. No kings. Only PCs. Ceteris paribus.