New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Persistent Attacker Feat Question

Can you use persistent attacker feat in CSco over and over again? For example after your first attack you give up d6's making the your first attack next round a sneak attack, give up d6's again to get it on your next round.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Persistent Attacker Feat Question

It doesn’t forbid using Ambush feats on the subsequent sneak attack. I’d say it’s possible.

I don’t think it’s broken either. You lose 4d6 damage, and any miss will break the chain, making you have to re-establish regular sneak attack conditions. I’d go for it.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Thanks.. now I have to figure out if its worth it or not :)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, generally the greater damage and bonus to hit from flanking is preferable. As then the thing being flanked has to prioritize which of its flankers to target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yeah, generally the greater damage and bonus to hit from flanking is preferable. As then the thing being flanked has to prioritize which of its flankers to target.
    If the sneak attack hit, it’ll probably go for the rogue. Not that hard, really.

Obviously, this feat is most useful if for some reason the victim actually targeted the rogue’s flanking buddy and actually dropped said flanking buddy. Without a flanking buddy, it will be a decision between gimped sneak attack or no sneak attack.
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shhalahr Windrider View Post
    Obviously, this feat is most useful if for some reason the victim actually targeted the rogue’s flanking buddy and actually dropped said flanking buddy. Without a flanking buddy, it will be a decision between gimped sneak attack or no sneak attack.
    I was thinking of combos to use with it such as Maiming Strike or Staggering Strike and Craven will be there to deal extra damage while im taking away d6's