A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Epic Evil: Group 2

As the light fades, it is replaced by a foul odor. You find yourselves in what could be considered the large trash dump in the world. The entire area around you seems littered with refuse as the buzzing of flies fills the air. It's hard to believe that anything could survive here. Black-blue skies hang above you, seeming unmoving. cloudless and foreboding.. The piles of garbage seem to stretch for miles, above the horizon, some stacking higher than others.

Spoiler
    Show
    (If you want, you can make a Knowledge Planes check to see exactly where you are along with including your intro post/character's thoughts here.)
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

What in...?
    Nicos looks around, vaguely bewildered. First he had been breaking into a house in Fillur's mage district, and then...here. Stupid wizards. Stupid ward, really. I should have seen that. I mean, in a house covered in painted magical sigils, how was I supposed to know one of them was real?
    Nicos looked up, and sighed. Not many wizards built skies into their traps. Even the crazy ones wanted people to know where they were. He pulls out his knives, not that he's expecting that they would do much. It's a trap, not an angry squad of paladins. Can't hurt though, could it?
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-10-16 at 04:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Great taken from killing and torture to this trash dump" "Well now we have more to kill and torture" "OH YES YES! THIS IS GOOD!"
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pilo raises his fist in triumph Finally I am free of that doddering old man. Now I just have to rid myself of whatever entity pulled me here to this place and my plan will begin to come to fruition.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+35)[48] Knowledge The planes

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Invelios
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judgining from your knowledge you seem to find yourself in where you can figure it (or as close to as you can) the 7th layer of the Abyss, Maladomini
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

6. - Top - End - #6

Noticing the others Morditai turns "More to torture?" "More like More to help torture" "Ooh, more to torture soon?" "Yes yes, we'll find something to torture soon"
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

7. - Top - End - #7

Hmmn. There are others here. How he hadn't noticed them before, he had no idea. Nicos inspected his fellow prisoners: a gnome and what appeared to be a satyr, apparently having a conversation with himself, no less. Either this wizard had a lot of guests, or some sort of guard mechanism in the form of, well, guards.
    Let's see... I looked at the sigils, and... crap, that wasn't one of the sigils, it couldn't have been one of the sigils, I'd have seen...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[12] See if I can figure out where I am... Nevermind. Not trained in knowledge (the planes)
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-10-16 at 09:12 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

As you all sit there (or stand I suppose as I doubt any of you actually are sitting in the piles of muk and garbage) A loud buzzing can be heard, increasing in volume as it approaches. A large swarm of reddish insects, each one as big as a small horse seem to be approaching your positions

9. - Top - End - #9

"Kill them!" "Do you ever shut up?"

10. - Top - End - #10

Great. Because nothing is ever anything but threatening
    With a slight air of resignation, Nicos puts away his beloved daggers, and draws his wands, one in both hands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action to fire both lighting bolts at medium range if they do anything agressive. If neccessary, here's intiative. (1d20+7)[16]
    If they aren't hostile, or, more likely, are an avatar of our host of some sort, this is just a precaution.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The swarm passes overhead as three of the pack break off and head for you. one appears to have a rider on it who signals you with a hand to hold your fire before they land. The creature appears to be some sort of demonic insect, compound eyes and mandibles greet the groups first sight before it begins to speak in a broken form of common. "master seek, you on ride!" It seems impatient and that it will not take no for an answer as it points to the other large demonic flies that await to be mounted.

((OOC: If anyone has ever played RIFTS before and knows of the Xiticix, a alien insect race much like the Zerg, that's what these guys kinda look like

12. - Top - End - #12

Hmm. Master? What kind of idiot wizard would put this many servants in a trap?
    Nicos lets the wands fall, but keeps them at hand, in case he needs to kill the creatures later. Trust isn't a survival trait when you have hit squads from both the criminal underworld, the hosts of heaven, and the local government after you. He begins speaking to the creature in a gutteral, harsh language.
    Speaking Infernal (I assume it speaks Infernal, as Nicos has no other master than the one that gave him his powers. If it/our employer is a demon, than this is abyssal instead, as he speaks the language of the creature that gave him his mark of damnation).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who is your master? More importantly, why should I not kill you where you stand? And, while I thank you for your generosity, <untranslatable honorific>, I have my own steed, thanks.

Nicos pulls a statuette of a fly from a pouch on his slim cloth belt. He holds the fly up in the palm of his hand, whispering to it.
    Kharaigshas. I require your services.
    The small statuette beginst to grow, twitching and buzzing, into a massive horsefly the size of a good warhorse. Nicos leaps on it, with a bit more caution than skill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ebony Fly activated. And here I was worried that it wouldn't come in useful.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-10-18 at 09:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

"I HELP IF GET KILL TORTURE!" "Hush now! We'll go, but we require two things, money, and the ability to torture things."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The creature begins to reply as it sees the ebon fly grow before it's many eyes, "Master flies! Lord of those!" it said as it rose it's hand to point at both your newly grown fly and the hellswarm above. It looked to the Satyr as it nodded to one of the large insects who moved towards the seemingly confused creature.

Kiranvonstrom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Funny thing is a rolled randomly for groups and devils that summoned them and you with a wonderous fly mount just happen to end up being summoned by Beelzebub. The dice they know all.

15. - Top - End - #15

Ah. I should have known. So that's where I am. I suppose I should have seen this coming.
    Nicos takes on an air of resignedness.
    Oh. I know where we are. I suppose our master wants something of us? I doubt he summoned me just because of my good looks and my work in Impiltur.
    Tsumeken
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dice have divine ranking.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The demon was pleased to see that Nicos was a quick learner but was rather disappointed in the others, especially in what seemed to be a person who actually was two people since he had hoped to get this over with quick and was making his job much harder. He signaled to Nicos to follow as he began to take off, calling upon the other insects of the Hell Swarm that he had brought with him to retrieve the other two. They nodded as they began to take off, dashing forward towards the others and clasping them in their four legs before following.. As they flew, they saw their destination in the distance. A large palace that appeared to be made of some sort of paper, almost like a wasp's nest.

17. - Top - End - #17

"OH FUN! WE FLY NOW! WE FLY LIKE PERSON WE LAUNCH OUT CATAPULT!" "Except we won't splat and die"

18. - Top - End - #18

Nicos turned to the demon/devil (he still wasn't sure which) Any idea what our Dark Master would like us to do? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I'm not dead.
    As the palace came into view, Nicos gasped, then smirked for a minute. It would almost be a pity to tear this down, and kill its master. Oh, well.
    Nicos still kept a hand on his knives. Just in case. (He would have to be insane to trust anyone else powerful and evil enough to catch his master's attention.)
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as a reminder, I doubt that any of the demons can read my somewhat traitorous mind due to my ring. Just to avoid any problems, as I remember, as would Nicos, that most evil outsiders have telepathy of some kind.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-10-20 at 07:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the posting delay I was trying to see if any of the others were still here and give them a reply chance.

The creature stayed silent, either it did not know or was ordered to remain silent. The landing though bumpy for those that were forcibly brought here was not damaging. You now all stand in a area much akin to the inside of a paper wasps nest, the hollow interior creating a hanger and living area for the large insects that you had just seen/been brought on. The insect-like demon began to move signaling you to follow as it leads you through the palace.

20. - Top - End - #20

Nicos muttered something, and the fly shrunk back into a small statuette in his hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ending use of ebon fly

With a glance behind him to look at everyone else, he began to follow the demon, keeping a wary lookout for anything that might attack him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

21. - Top - End - #21

Morditai looks about, "Right fine place you have here." "Yes good, hide torture!" *Sigh* "Do you ever shut up?" "But, but, but..."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

You find youselves in a large room, which could be considered the throne room. Debris and waste pile into the corners of the room as it had been with the wreckage outside. Atop the largest heap sits a gargantuan sized palish beige maggot, One end of the beast rears up showing what appears to be a demonic body attached to the otherwise revolting creature. A slight buzzing sound can be heard coming through you heads as the reature speaks, like that of a winged insect in the room nearby your ear. "I welcome you to my realm gentlemen, trusting that this journey did not inconvenience you in any way? I am Beelzebub, Lord of this lair of the abyss. And I have called you all here to make you an offer. Before I can tell you the details of my plan though I must know where you stand on this matter, know that to serve me in this task shall make you enemies of both god and devil alike."
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-10-27 at 07:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Nicos bows.
    Master. My pact to you binds me to your will.
    Insect. How dare he try to control me. Besides, what have I to lose. The gods already hate me, and the devils aren't too enthused about my existance either.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-10-27 at 11:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Can I stabby gods and devils alike?" "For once I agree, can we torture these gods and devils? If so you have yourself the deadliest of deadly." Morditai bows his head. "Oooh stabby and take their shiny"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The large Maggot Demon opens it's maw as a torrent of red flies, much like the ones you rode in on only smaller, wash out over the group. It speaks to you as the swarm passes over you. "Go now then to the Dark depths of the world and seek out the Lord of the Web. He holds in his possession a object of immense power known as the World Weaver. Bring this to me, you may keep all else you find." As the speech ends the flies disappear and you know find yourselves in a large cavern, a glow of unnatural light filtering from below through small holes in the ground. Their are two ways open to you which are forward and back. the pathway forward seems to head down deeper into this area while the other you can assume leads upwards.

26. - Top - End - #26

"OH DOWN DOWN!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Morditai's insane banter echoes off the walls, repeating itself throughout the area.

(1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[6]

(Maybe those rolls matter maybe not)

28. - Top - End - #28

[expletive]. This probably isn't good, given my luck. There's never anything good in caves, or areas with places to hide.
    Nicos draws his knives again, preparing to slash anything that comes near him. (He's been ambushed by paladins way to often to not be cautious.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready to attack anything I can reach.

Gnome, I'm sorry, I don't know your name, do you have some divinations or some sort of spell to see if there's anyone around here? I'd rather not be ambushed.
    Nicos scans the area around him suspiciously, looking for any enemy presences.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a listen check (1d20+1)[10]. And a spot check (1d20+1)[12]. I probably should have higher modifiers than that, but... *sigh*. Oh, and using Detect Magic as a spell-like ability, in case it might be helpful.

Stupid insect. Dumping us in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-10-27 at 02:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Morditai mutters silently

"Oooh Echo!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The echo seems to have brought nothing out of hiding as you are still left with the same 2 options of up or down.

Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    your detect magic seems to be detecting magic form the lights emanating from below which most likely means they are probably being made by a arcane or some other magical source