A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

Spoiler
    Show
    It isn't impatience, so much as the tactical knowledge that a prolonged attack will not be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena assumed fairly enough that the answer was indeed yes and got ready to walk through. She raised an eyebrow, however, as she noted something appeared to be going on with the portal and it made her somewhat uneasy. Whatever Ia was doing... at least she was pretty sure this was being caused from him.... was obviously affecting something considered divine and that was mainly what was getting to her. "I'll go see what exactly he's doing....." She volunteered, stepping through the portal, guiding Alakdriirn beside her.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Not to worry, I was working IC, not OOC. My only reluctance is that Virgo and I will be facing 10% spell failure on everything once we step through that portal.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

As Iivraena steps through the portal is seems to sway slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[89]

You find yourself near the entrance to the cathedral but something seems off. From the outside you can see many lights flickering inside the parapets and through the windows of the main hall.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-01-05 at 08:53 PM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

5. - Top - End - #365

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena frowned, looking around as she and Alakdriirn successfully walked through. She couldn't quite pinpoint what the uneasy feeling going through her was... all she knew was she didn't like it at all. She gave Alakdriirn's leash a tug and began guiding him inside, signing as she walked, Given the fact Ia isn't out here, it's fair to guess he's already inside. That being said.... I doubt he's alone there. Be ready for anything ... including possible extra company. She took a deep breath before walking inside, hoping for the best possible outcome of this new mission.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ("I attack the darkness!")
    Your fire elementals seems confused by they shrug and start swinging their arms in the magical darkness. The places they swing at seem to disperse the darkness but it fills itself back in, like an inky mist in the air. Your scrying orbs begin to circle around the room. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be able to find any passages outside the area.

The priests draw their power from the aspect itself, therefore their command lies in deception which includes illusions. It's incredibly accurate. While you are all speaking,, the portal wavers a bit. The portal is created through Beezlebub's own unholy powers (which could be considered divine magic I suppose since he is a devil/god). It seems something on the other side is interfering with it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1st: Heresy, not Fire.
    2nd: They all have true seeing

They attack any living creature that Ia has not directly associated with. Even if it means plowing a hole in a wall.

Turn off incursions DC15:[roll]1d20+40[/roll] (will be rolled OOC
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-01-06 at 06:37 PM.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

((the thing is the darkness is where the sound is coming from so there were no creature for the elementals to attack. also no life is being detected in this area))

Ia
    Spoiler
    Show
    as you let go of your incursion the walls begin to move slightly creating 4 paths (2 to the west and 2 to the east)

Iivraena
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you enter the cathedral you see a small group of men and women sitting in the pews and chanting slowly. Near the front of the cathedral stands a large demon statute holding a large back sword with both hands extending it to the roof of the cathedral.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

8. - Top - End - #368

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena's head tilted slightly. Was this some freak illusion? It was just.... the idea of seeing all of this but remaining safe seemed... odd. Not that she was complaining but still. Her eye remained on the one thing that mainly caught her attention.... the statue. If she could figure out whom it was supposed to represent, this might drastically help her figure out ways to go about ... combat tactics, navigation, things of the like. While looking to the statue, she signed to Alakdriirn, Given the fact I don't immediately see Ia, he either got really far ahead...... or he's not here ..... not sure which yet but keep your eyes open....

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion) Check: (1d20+23)[24]
    Knowledge (Planes) Check: (1d20+23)[24]
    ..... Well .... I'll be more damned than I am already.... 1s on both checks..... that's.... new.......
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-01-07 at 11:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

9. - Top - End - #369

Ia sends one scrying orb down each path, thinking how late those others are.

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

10. - Top - End - #370

May as well get in there. I suppose someone has to. Nicos follows after Iivraena, fading into invisiblity as he enters.
    As they are clerics of the god of lies, I should assume this was made by someone like me. Best be on my guard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I activate Walk Unseen. (24-hour greater invisiblity)

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Readied, and nodding farewell to Pilo, Theda transforms into her balor form, and Tonn resumes his draconic shape. They head through the portal after Nicos.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yay here comes the fun time))

Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you enter the portal it shifts as you arrive at the area where Ia stands, his army of elmtentals seems ready as he sends orbs down each path that have opened for him

Theda/Iivraena
    Spoiler
    Show
    Theda you arrive with Iivraena the eople in the pews seem unfazed by the apperance of you and Ton as they continue their muttering and praying. Four torches on the sides of the walls that had earlier been out are now lit.

A sudden bang comes from the front of the room as a wal slides to the side revealing a passage.

Ia
    Spoiler
    Show
    As your orbs continue down each path they encounter dead ends at the end of each passage. each deadend is marked out by a unlit torch stand support by a small demon statue with runes etched into it's base.

13. - Top - End - #373

OOC: Ah, just like legend of Zelda.

Ia gives four elementals a vial of alchemists fire each, and tells them to use them to light the torches at the end of the hallways.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda immediately looks back in the in faint hope that the portal is two-way. She sends her thoughts to Iivraen and Alakdriirn.

"Interesting. Nicos was right in front of me. I take it that Ia isn't here either?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Theda has true seeing to 120', and Tonn has blindsight to 120' and darkvision for about 550'. Are the people what they seem to be, illusions, or something else entirely? Where does the newly-opened passage seem to lead?

15. - Top - End - #375

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Never before had poor Iivraena felt so damn confused. What in the layers of Abyss was going on?! Her grip on Alakdriirn's leash tightened and she turned as she heard movement behind her. "Oh good.... at least I'm not completely alone in this..... unusual labyrinth of sorts....." She shook her head no as she heard Theda's question, "For some reason, no. I seem to have lost him temporarily... I think it's just us....."Her head turned again as a wall opened up. "We should probably take it before it decides to shut again...." She murmurs to Theda, Alakdriirn and, whether or not she understands her Tonn as her feet began guiding her towards the newly revealed path.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-01-08 at 11:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #376

Nicos glanced around.
    Impressive.
    Where on earth are the drow? I could have sworn I came in after them...I should probably try and contact them...
    He begins whispering under his breath:
    Spoiler
    Show

Warlock's Call, to Iivraena (He doesn't know if Theda has entered yet):
    Nicos here. Location unknown, but with Ia. Please respond with location.

This counts as a sending, I believe.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Ia/Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    A few moments after your elemental light the braziers the lage statue at the front begins to move bringing it;s mace slowly to ti's side as a fifth door opens at the base of the statue, this one seems to be lit with a strange purplish light of sorts

Theda/Iivraena
    Spoiler
    Show
    you weren't to sure but you thought you heard something, then Alakdriirn stops in his tracks and looks to you, "Mistress, someone is trying to contact you, it is faint but I may be bale to let you reply to them through my power." The passage forwad contained a set of four large blocks each showing a quarter of a skullface on them. The blocks seemed movable and may be able to be pushed around. the room itself is 70x70x50

18. - Top - End - #378

Ia says to Nicos, "wait. I will send a scrying orb down. If you enter my hivemind, you could see through it as well. If not, I will tell you what I see." As he send a scrying orb down the hall. (OOC: My two levels are in wizard by the way)
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-01-09 at 06:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena turned to Alakdriirn, ready to smack him before her hand relaxed upon hearing someone was trying to contact them. She thought a bit before replying back in Undercommon, "It might be Ia or Nicos.... try to accept their message and relay it back to me. Also.... be weary of the next time your mouth opens so swiftly without any warning....." She added, hinting next time she wouldn't hold herself back if there was more than a good enough reason to hit him.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda snorts in disdain, and sends a quick mental note forward to Iivraena.

"We'll be right there. I just have a few people I'd like to kill first."

Still staring curiously at the many people ignoring them in the church, Theda and Tonn land more or less in the centre of the congregation, and both transform into big gleaming silver and dragons. Together, they breath ice and fire blasts, covering as much as possible of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Obviously, if True Seeing has revealed the congregation as something other than people, let me know and I'll change my action.

Theda transform into a young adult gold dragon, and Tonn into an adult silver dragons. They both breathe cones, covering as much as possible of the room.

Theda damage: (10d10)[64], DC 28 reflex for half
    Tonn damage: (12d8)[40], DC 29 reflex for half

See, Theda's quite rational...she's just genocidal.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The congregation lights aflame as they scream and begin rushing around before falling to heaps bathed in flames. The brilliant dance of destruction to an obviously sacred gathering looks quite spectacular. The other half of the congregation freeze where they are, cracking and falling to the ground shattered due to the quick freeze.

Ia & Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a loud fwoosh as jets of flame and ice suddenly shoot from the floor. Luckily enough, they are nowhere near you but near the four entrances that had opened earlier and the exit. Apparently, something has happened to cause this.

Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You suddenly hear a response in your head, We are in the temple. At the moment, Theda is.... immolating the congregation here as we are trying to make our way through the place. Where are you?

Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your orb flies down and then, even though it was heading in a downward direction, is suddenly flying up. It emerges in a brightly lit room after flying out of a statue's mouth. Through it, you see a large silver and emerald dragon breathing ice and flames upon a group of scattering church goers and seeming to enjoy it.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda

Taking a moment to confirm that everyone is dead, Theda then resumes her demon form, and Tonn his green crystalline shape. Theda sighs. It was good to be back on track, at least a little. She nods and waves at the eye that has just flown out of the statue's mouth.

"Ah, then you are nearby, Ia. Is Nicos with you?"

23. - Top - End - #383

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena raised an eyebrow quizzically as she began hearing Theda speak. "Hm? Ia's here?" She asked, giving Alakdriirn's leash a tug and allowing him to continue trying to reach someone while simultaneously seeing for herself what exactly Theda was talking about. As she arrived, she saw not Ia but rather one of his eyes that he always sent out to scry. "Ah.... I see. That being.... shown.... I bet it is one of the two guys now trying to get a hold of Alakdriirn. Which one it is and whether it's working or not yet I don't know. I need to let him, for once, maintain concentration for this."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #384

Haven't the faintest idea. Nicos replies, idly wondering what could have set off a small explosion in the corner of the room. Probably some form of magic... I suppose I should check. Nicos closed his eyes, attempting to hone in on whatever was causing the explosions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect magic activates.

Without moving, he calls out to Ia.
    Fine, plug me into the hivemind. What do your elf-eyes see?
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-01-10 at 09:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385

"Come, what we are looking for is down the hall. Do you know of an emerald and silver dragon? Because it is attacking the congregation. I think that end of the tunnel may mirror this one, the dragons breath being those jets of flame." Ia says, as he flies down(up?) the corridor.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda nods at Iivraena in the doorway and sends her thoughts to the two drow.

"Indeed, he used similar same eye-constructs yesterday. This one seems to be just hovering there, but it suggests, at least, that they are nearby."

Theda begins picking through some of the frozen corpses, seeing if there's any of Cyric's skull symbols on them - never hurts to confirm that they're in the right place. And also, of course, to confirm that the people are in fact dead.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-01-10 at 06:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387

That would be Theda, apparently. Nicos figured that while the hivemind was connected to him, he might as well use it.

28. - Top - End - #388

Ia makes sure that his army goes after him, slightly behind him, and underneath him as he travels through the tunnel. He directs the scrying orb in front of Theda, having it spell out "My army is coming."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda

Theda gives a lopsided grin and nods her understanding.

"They are apparently on their way."

30. - Top - End - #390

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena nodded, thinking on Theda's words before speaking again. "Think we should try to wait for them lest something else finds us first?" Not that she wished such a thing... but honestly.... how long could the smell of burnt corpses be ignored? She couldn't imagine the answer being too long. and she highly doubted her and the others were the only ones here. While waiting for an answer, she signed to Alakdriirn, So... is it Nicos or Ia you're speaking to now? If so, where in the nine layers are they? Otherwise who is it?
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment