A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

Ia extends the hivemind to the others. such an annoying design. I must remember this one.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Ia/Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So are you guys pushing yourselves back to your side or... ??

Theda/Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You arrive back at the wall. It seems that the hole the worms came from has opened wide enough to be an archway. Peering through gives way to a new hall lined with statues made of obsidian or some other dark metal. The door at the end of the hallway contains six black spheres that appear to be translucent.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda and Tonn follow the worms and drow through the archway and into the new space.

"Interesting. Do the worms know where to go next?"

She moves up to about 10 feet away from the door with the six black spheres, trying to see if she can make out anything inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+47)[67]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena thought a bit before replying,, "I'd think... but in case...." She looked down at the worms, "If you do know the right way, go in front of the correct passage. Even hints would help out." She'd had a back-up plan should the answer be no as she began signing to Alakdriirn, In case they don't know for whatever reason, get ready to inspect all the orbs. They look more arcane in nature and thus you might be able to figure out what they can or can't do along with if they have any sort of hint within them.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #425

Spoiler
    Show
    We're pushing back to our side, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

6. - Top - End - #426

Spoiler
    Show
    With Kira I concur.

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

7. - Top - End - #427

Spoiler
    Show
    Kiran, actually.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Ia/Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Asyou return to your temple the air feels different,a beeze an be felt coming from the chambers above. Upon closer investigation you find a door behind the statue, cracks in it give way to the airflow.

Theda/Irevenka
    Spoiler
    Show
    The orbs on the door appear to be the same material as the gargoyles. They are cold to the touch and seem to retain heat for a few seconds if touched. As tthe orbs heat up for the few seconds they glow a bit red before returning to their original color.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda grimaces.

"Wizards with too much time on their hands. Let me see if I can get a sense of what's on the other side."

She glances at Tonn. Both change into large three-legged stone beasts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Theda and Tonn change into Xorn, and attempt to earthglide into the floor, moving under the door, and back up into the corridor on the other side. If there's any creatures on the other side, they'll only come up a few inches, look around, pop back down and come back to report.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #430

Would you care to go first?
    Nicos gestures grandly to the door, as though presenting a great prize. It never hurt to have someone else go through first, as it kept you out of danger.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you sink through the ground and move to the other side of the door you sense some creatures above you. A quick peek reveals a group of stone creatures most likely golems atrolling the room. They stand only as tall as a full grown human male would.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Drifting back to the far side of the door, Theda pops up and resumes her demonic form. She grimaces at Iivraena.

"Charming. There are a cluster of stone golems patrolling on the far side. Possibly, the correct operation of these orbs turns off the stone men as well, but I have no idea what to do with them. We might be able to kill them all, but it seems like more danger and work than we'd like, and could draw a lot of attention. I don't suppose that the two of you have the ability to travel insubstantially? If so, we might be able to just drift past them through the floor."

13. - Top - End - #433

Ia sends a scrying orb through. One of the incorporeal ones.

14. - Top - End - #434

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena frowned upon seeing the worms failing to move, meaning they weren't sure. "Tch....fine then." She turned to Theda, about to ask her what she thought before quickly being given that, making her sigh. "Hm... my helm does have the ability to teleport but with no way of knowing what exactly lies ahead, there will be more likely disaster we'll face than success. If you really want, I can try... but even I, myself, try not to use my Helm without knowing what the next room is supposed to look like. Maybe, however, if we focus on what the priests should look like, it might be able to get us close to them if not before their eyes. But, I am going to allow you input on this."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda opts not to object to being 'allowed input', and merely smiles.

"Wise not to teleport where you can't see. I'm not sure how to determine what the priests look like - or even to believe what we learned, since they are masters of deception and disguise.

"Perhaps Tonn and I could scout further ahead, find a place beyond that which is being patrolled by the stone men, and return to describe that place to you.

Tsumeken:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How large was the chamber we saw on the other side? If the ceiling's low enough and the room small enough, I might be able to place a wall of stone to eliminate the patrolling golems.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As your orb passes effortlessly through the door, you see a large chamber about 70 feet wide in diameter with a height of about 50 feet. In the center of the room is a large air elemental. It's vortex swirls beneath it, tossing wind around the chamber. There is a hatch in the ground behind the air elemental. It is sealed for now.

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's 70 in diameter and 50 in height.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"Or...do you have any way to make yourselves unseen? If we break down the wall NEXT to this door, you could hide. Tonn and I can draw the stone warriors into this hall after us and then sink into the floor. You two can then move through the room unseen, perhaps in the air so as to avoid the stone men altogether, and Tonn and I can then join you on the far side. Your thoughts?"

18. - Top - End - #438

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena smirked a bit. "I, myself, cannot. I can see it but not become it in all irony of ironies. However...." She gave a tug on Alakdriirn's leash, indicating she was referring to him as she continued to speak, "He can become invisible. The main drawback is only he can do it; thus he couldn't share the powers with me. But......" She nodded upon getting an idea. "It'd be complicated in the number of steps but assuming it goes well, it should work. He'd have to go invisible first then, while being able to see him, I could be able to follow him on either foot or teleportation, whatever ends up being necessary. Then you and Tonn can proceed with your potion of your idea. If for some reason I can't get to him easily enough, we can fight our way out if worst comes to worst. However, your idea as a whole I do agree with... I just had to get past all the technicalities that were making this difficult."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

19. - Top - End - #439

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who accepted the hivemind can see through the orb.

Ia sends three heresy elementals into the room, to attack the air elemental.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda nods, and backs off down the passage that they had come from.
    "Look, if you don't turn invisible, maybe I can make this easier. If you two can blast a hole in the wall for yourselves, I'll bring in a flying creature that you can ride up to the ceiling in that room - it's pretty big. If they get a bit nasty, you can either fight them from above, or fly out the other side of the room and block off the tunnel between you with a wall or something. Tonn and I don't really need doors at the moment. We'll stay below, and pop up occasionally to check on you."

Spoiler
    Show
    If the drow seems comfortable with this, and are showing any success in blasting through the wall next to the door, Theda will summon a hippogriff and instruct it to follow Iivraena's instructions. She and Tonn will wait until both drow are safely airborne, doing what they can to draw the stone golems' attention, before dropping down into the ground in Xorn form.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Alakdrim nods "The plan is sound mistress my attacks are effective against the constructs in the next room for certain but would not be as they would were our enemies flesh. Avoiding confrontation is indeed a safe way of passage."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd godmod her character here since I know what she'd say but she hates that so I'm gong to let her post when she gets on for her own response

Air Elemental
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the Heresy Elementals move into the room the creature moves to engage them, staying mainly in it's cyclonic form as it fights. (this will probably take a few rounds, the elemental is pretty big and beefy)

22. - Top - End - #442

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena thought a bit upon Theda's words, shooting Alakdriirn another glare out of the corner of her eye. "Third time won't be a charm.... keep that in mind....." She said in Undercommon to Alakdriirn, hinting she had been keeping track of how many times he'd spoken out of turn. Her eyes remained upon Theda as she spoke again, this time in Common, "Yes, that would be acceptable. Ready when you are."

Spoiler
    Show
    Uwah... a million apologies... I so misread that last time and now that I do... oops. Yeah I was just dead tired.... none your post made sense until now ^^;
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe we all have those days. Glad you're feeling better.

As Alakdrim starts blasting through the wall, Theda brings into being a proud, dark brown hippogriff, then she and Tonn turn into emerald dragons and move up to about 30' behind the wall. They wait until the drow are through the hole in the wall and out of the blast area, then let loose with sonic screams - both to damage any golems on the other side, and to draw attention away from the flying dark elves.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Iivraena/Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alakdriirn focuses his blast mainly towards the hinges of the door or where they would be located, causing the door to fall forward into the room rather than trying to blow up the entire wall. The golems, attracted by the sound, begin moving towards the fallen area as Alakdriirn and Iivraena run over to the hippogriff, climbing aboard and holding on as it took into the room, flying into the other end. The dragons shrieks manage to keep the golems from advancing any further as they try to push through the sound waves, some of them cracking under the intense pressure.

Ia/Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The air elemental flashes out of existence with his defeat, returning to his plane. He had put up quite the battle, managing to dismiss at least one of the Heresy Elementals while wounding another. With the room now free of enemies and the swirling vortex, you are now free to look around.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Once the screaming has ended, Theda and Tonn transform back into the ungainly looking Xorn, join hands, and drift down 10' below the level of the floor. No point in damaging some perfectly good golems if you don't have to, after all. They shift 10' to the right of the line of the tunnel leading into the chamber, and begin to move forward, aiming for the far exit from the chamber.

26. - Top - End - #446

Ia's orb searches the room for anything of interest. Flies into the room, accompanied by five elementals.
    Spoiler
    Show
    How big is the room, and how big is my army?

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda/Iivraena
    Spoiler
    Show
    The golems are to busy focusing on where you were to deal with where you are now as you all make it easily over to the end of the room. The long hall in front of you seems to be cut into sections as a worm or centipede would be. at the end of the hall stands a archway that appears to lead into a antechamber of sorts.

Ia/Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ceiling in the room opens into a long well like shaft leading upwards, a single rope ladder falling down from above leads the way up. The room appears to have no other exits then this one (army size is 10 elemental now I believe)

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda is relieved when she and Tonn pop back up a minute later and discover Iivraena and Alakdriirn hale and hearty, although this emotion is admittedly hard to read on the face of a creature with a barrel body and it's mouth on the top of its head. In a moment, Tonn is back in his customary glittering dragon form, and Theda returns to balor form.

"Well, that was fun. I believe we might yet make a useful team. Shall we?"

Noting the strange, segmented nature of the hallway, Theda sends her thoughts to her companions.

"This would seem in keeping with the nature of those worms that you tamed back there. Perhaps a design theme for this part of the temple? Or perhaps we're inside a massive stone stomach."

Approaching the chamber, Theda slows.

"This gives me a flutter in my stomach for some reason. One moment."

With a moment's chanting, she brings into being a small ball of air and malice, which he directs into the chamber.

"Go, and look all around there. Look down but do not enter any of the other exits. Return and report on what you find."

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning Bull's Strength to summon a small air elemental to go and have a look around.

29. - Top - End - #449

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena smirked, nodding in agreement. "Indeed... we have much more in common than it immediately appears." She'd wait to see if she could even figure out the two immediate ones she had in mind or not... though when one thought of it, it was easy to realize that both used what was considered divine magic and each had their own type of... pet, companion, whatever noun one wanted to use to describe something each dragged along with them.

As they approached, she stopped when Theda did. Upon looking down, she saw her summon her own elemental though not nearly as huge as the ones Ia had shown off... though it was probably better for now considering she didn't want this temple falling on any of them. She kept quiet for a bit before speaking again to the worms, "Follow behind the elemental and either report back your findings, the right path if you know it, or both."
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #450

Spoiler
    Show
    I started with 18. How many died?

Ia sends an orb up the ladder.