A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena couldn't help but feel .... disturbed especially from his words. True, her own race were rather infamous for doing some nasty things... but this.... thing was a lot worse than any one sacrificial ritual one would normally see a Drow do. As he revealed his true body, her stomach clenched, proving her feelings on this person hadn't just been her imagination. "Tch.... and people think we're monsters? No.... that is what you are and I'll be more than glad to get rid of things that shouldn't exist." She thought for a few swift seconds, wondering once again whether to go the weapon or spell route and, for now, decided to stick with spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[7]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

"To the beyond. You bore me." Ia says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    init: (1d20+14)[27]
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

(Order will be up sometime tomorrow after 5 as to give everyone ample time to get init in.)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[13]
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda's mental message reaches her companions.

"Remember...we need his key for the seal."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #515

"Seriously? Seriously? Can't you find some better way of immortality?" Nicos muttered. "Look, compared to other things I've faced, you're pretty small-time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    init (1d20+7)[14]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

intiative order

Ia
    Nicos / Theda (either or in order since you both rolled the same)
    High Priest
    Marrionette 1
    Marrionette 3
    Iivraena
    Marrionette 2
    Marrionette 4
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

7. - Top - End - #517

Ia crushes the high priest into nothing. "Be gone."

Spoiler
    Show
    His save is 56, mine 55. (1d20+42)[59]

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

The creatures begins to writhe slightly before a smile crosses it's face in almost a playful manner. One of it's many arms clenches as a black aura emanates around it. The pain seems to stop as it laughs. "You little fool. This body is blessed by the almighty Cyric and shall not fall prey to your childish tricks." The black aura subsides. It seems that the artifact he is holding is protecting him from any type of automatic destruction.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-03-06 at 11:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda sends to Ia through the link.

"Remember, we don't want him to be gone. We need the key.

Unusually, Theda chooses not to lunge forward at the priest. Instead, she vanishes. She steps back, beginning to chant and gesture. Meanwhile Tonn steps in front of her and unleashes a cone of sound at the arrogant priest. Grunting, the dragon abruptly transforms into a dull black statue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Theda transforms into a pixie to take advantage of the small size and natural invisibility. She takes a 5' step back and to her left and begins casting Summon Elemental Monolith.

Tonn, still in emerald dragon form, lets out a blast of sound at the priest. Reflex DC 28 or take (12d6)[44] sonic damage. He then transforms into an iron golem.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #520

"Cyric's blessing is no better than that of a beggar." He then says though the link, "divine magic is no longer reliable. do not bother using it." Ia switches on Divinities demise, flies back, and watches chaos unfold.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Reflex Save vs. Breath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[12]

The priest moves forward, placing himself in the center of the party as he extends his arms outward. He begins to rake with his claws as he spins.

Whirlwind Attack vs. Theda, Iivraena, Alakdriirn, and Ia (I think Nicos is the only one at a safe distance otherwise he's included too).
    Spoiler
    Show
    To hit roll: (1d20+18)[34]
    Damage Roll: (3d8+12)[33]

Two wooden puppets looking much like the parishioner's that Theda and Tonn had dealt with earlier drop from the ceiling hanging from nooses. Their mouths open as they begin emitting a low droning hum.
    (Will Saves for Everyone. DC is 24.)

12. - Top - End - #522

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about that, I zoned out and forgot my turn

"Let's just kill him and get this over with," Nicos mutters. "He's more annoying than paladins,"
    Nicos draws a pair of wand and points them at the high priest. No sooner than the second he had steadied his aim, lightning arcs out of the heads of both wands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wands of lightning bolt.
    (10d6)[38]
    (10d6)[32]
    If anything else is in a line behind the high priest they get hit too. Reflex save is 19.
    Will save:
    (1d20+24)[43]

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The whirlwind of claws hits Tonn and misses Theda.

Will saves: Theda: (1d20+32)[52] Tonn: (1d20+17)[29]

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The golem form of Tonn grunts as the claws grind into his metal flesh. He lashes out in turn, and surrounds the toothy priest with a cloud of gas that quickly dissipates.

The invisible Theda, clear now that her invisibility has done nothing to deter the whirling Cyrician, completes her chanting. A very, very large earth elemental appears 10' behind the priest. It immediately bashes down at the revolving priest.

Meanwhile, Theda flits to the side of the priest, also growing to massive dimensions as she becomes visible again. She wobbles and erupts upwards as a gout of viscous black hatred.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tonn: two slam attacks on the priest:
    Slam 1 attack: (1d20+27)[32] Damage: (2d10+11)[16]
    Slam 2 attack: (1d20+27)[39] Damage: (2d10+11)[17]
    Poison cloud: priest makes a DC 19 fort save or takes (1d4)[4] Constitution damage.

Earth elemental monolith, 2 slams, 10 points of power attack, using Awesome Blow to try to knock the creature towards Ia.
    Slam 1 attack: (1d20+32)[38] Damage: (6d8+29)[51]
    Slam 1 attack: (1d20+32)[40] Damage: (6d8+29)[55]
    With each attack, the priest makes a reflex save, DC=damage done, to avoid moving 10' towards Ia, falling prone and taking (1d6)[2] bludgeoning damage. The monolith has sufficient reach to do this twice.

Theda uses her standard action to maintain concentration on the monolith, a free action to change into an elder black pudding, and a move action to move to flank the priest.

15. - Top - End - #525

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena glared quickly at Ia as she felt her ability to use spells disappear. She looked back at the cleric, nodded after a bit then pulled her rapier out.Lots of thoughts were racing through her head and though she was pretty sure the Hivemind was now shut off, she still kept them all to herself just in case. The hit she received from the cleric hadn't helped her attitude at all and now between Ia or the cleric she wasn't sure whom she was madder at. For now, she decided to take her rage out on the cleric as she swung at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit rolls:
    (1d20+21)[36]
    (1d20+16)[30]
    (1d20+11)[27]

Crit Checks:
    (1d20+21)[32]
    (1d20+16)[27]
    (1d20+11)[29]

Damage Rolls:
    (1d6+6)[8]
    (1d6+6)[12]
    (1d6+6)[11]

Crit Damage:
    (2d6+12)[20]
    (2d6+12)[21]
    (2d6+12)[18]

Will Save:
    (1d20+16)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #526

Spoiler
    Show
    If any of them have outsider status, he should not be able to control the marionets.

The blow does not even graze Ia. "Things like you have no future in my future."

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save (with a +42, the only danger is a natural one, so...) (1d20)[17]

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

From the rafters drop two more of the marionettes. One drops near Ia while the other drops near Iivraena. Their arms extend outward as they attempt to wrap around the characters.

(Note: They do have Improved Grapple so no AoOs. Anyone failing the will save gets -2 to hits/damage/saves/etc.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Vs. Ia:
    (1d20+18)[22]

Vs. Iivraena:
    (1d20+18)[27]

18. - Top - End - #528

Another feeble attempt at Ia fails. He then sends the opponent (the priest) to the far realms.
    Spoiler
    Show
    his is 54, mine 53. Lets see if non-magical teleportaiton is working (1d20+42)[59]

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

The priest vanishes, taking whatever he had with him. The puppets stop moving..

The ground shakes before spreading out quickly in cracks at a great magnitude as a large blood red hole opens in the ground. An insect-like clawed hand reaches up from the portal, supporting itself on the edge as another follows. Both joints brace themselves as they begin pulling a massive weight behind them. A large creature likean to an Abyssal fly with horned ridges atop it's head, forming a shape almost like a crown, pulls itself half way through the portal. It's arms apparently are holding the rest of the portal open.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! You have spirited away one of the keys needed to obtain the power that I sent you for! Do you seek to betray me little man?!" His eyes look straight at Ia as he speaks.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-03-10 at 09:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena felt her heart sink as Ia made the cleric vanish. "ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS?! WE NEEDED THAT KEY IDIOT!! IT WASN'T ENOUGH YOU SCREWED ME AND THEDA OVER BY DISABLING OUR POWERS, WAS IT?! NO... NOW YOU HAD TO GO AND REALLY SCREW US OVER HUH?!" She had been holding her anger back... but that was it. No more restraint from her. She was done being nice and calm... he deserved anything he'd get.

Speaking of, she wasn't the only pissed it seemed as she turned to see Beezlebub himself appearing. "Hmph... see what you've done? I'll let him speak from here on out." With that, she stepped away, making Alakdriirn do the same also. His words made it clear that Beezlebub had definitely seen if anything,, Theda and herself along with Alakdriirn had been trying to succeed in this mission, not royally fail it which made her happy. She hated getting blamed for things that weren't her fault.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

21. - Top - End - #531

Nicos rests his head in his hands after the priest's abrupt departure from the material plane and any form of sanity.
    "Oh, ****," Nicos groans, actually losing a bit of his insane self control and confidence for once, "I'm okay with essentially giving the deity that governs the way in which I make my humble livelyhood the proverbial finger, but managing to simultaneously do the same to the only thing keeping him from unleashing his wrath upon us. If I didn't know you, Ia, I'd say you had some sort of grand plan. But I'm willing to bet you don't. Betraying our employer is primarally my job, and even I wouldn't try that. Dealing with him? Yes. Attempting to con him? Okay, guilty, but you were going to get the spindle anyway, master," (He had briefly turned aside to address the message of his master) Nicos launched into a rant, between the insane mage and the insanely powerful Devil, he knew which side to take. He briefly paused for breath for breath before a deeply unpleasant thought hit him.
    He's going to make me go in after it, isn't he. And I had wanted that priest's soul, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't keep a good trickster down too long... That knife could have other uses...
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-03-10 at 10:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The massive earth elemental pauses, and takes a step back away from the apparition of the demon lord. Theda regathers herself into her pit fiend form, and gestures to Tonn. He changes into a very large purple-haired giant, and pulls an absurdly large hammer out of his neck pouch. Theda glances over at their patron, and then over to Ia. She HAD warned him. Perhaps the strange, spindly, elf had a plan to get all of them out of this pickle. She waited to see.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tonn is changing into a Titan, and has his hammer out. I don't know what kind of weapon might work against Beelzebub. Hopefully, a gargantuan greathammer.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2011-03-11 at 01:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #533

"He can be called back on a whim. I am sure it can be arranged. The pests bored me. Let us disable them, and then continue. They were getting on my nerves." Ia says, as he cuts down a marionette with his scimitar.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda gestures, and the earth elemental smashes the other elemental between his fists. She smiles at Ia.

This would seem, then, to be an excellent time to undo your anti-magic before we continue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Impressive trick! What murmur are you using?

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed which one are you using? From what I saw, the only thing that even slightly matched what you just did is called "Final Destination" and as per the description, the poor guy is being ripped to shreds as I type. So unless I missed something... I don't know if you could call him back alive or at all.... Will add actual IC talk once I get clarification on this.

26. - Top - End - #536

Spoiler
    Show
    I am using the 6th level "Expelled from existence" from the Path of Entropy murmur.

"Now Beelzebub. You want power, and only I can give it to you. It will be lost forever without me. My death will not solve any of your problems. It would lead to the key being lost forever. My soul belongs to an entity far greater than yourself. The question is: How badly do you want the key?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ia readies an action to use Hide beyond eternity if Beelzebub attempts to harm him.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (When I was checking all of the murmurs and such, I didn't really see any way to recall things from the far plane; only send them. So are you trying to bluff him or is there a way and it's badly worded in the descriptions?)

28. - Top - End - #538

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible for anyone at all to bargain with the entities of the far realms, it would be Ia. Ia is trying to bargain for godly/demon lordly power, in exchange for the key to more power for Beelzebub - mutually beneficial.
    He could make a case to the entities that he will be able to do their bidding so much better from the possition of a demon lord, making it beneficial for them as well.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda grows restless, her eyes twitching between the pallid elf and the Lord of Lies. Ia had balls to try to extort more from Beelzebub in the middle of the mission. What remained to be seen was whether aforementioned balls would be served back to him on a platter.

30. - Top - End - #540

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena's eye had been gazing around, taking in reactions. Theda seemed to be about as anxious as she was and poor Nicos looked paler than usual. Her eyes finally went back to Ia as she remember his oh-so-confident words, "If you can bring that man back then do so so we can finish the mission. At the rate this is going,, I don't care if you keep the anti-divine barrier or whatever the hell it is up... just stop ruining this!" Her patience and temper were both running low and she could imagine if hers was, Beezlebub's must have been at least ten times worse and to beat a Drow in a temper game was quite a feat. No normal person could have done this but then this isn't a person; this is a god... and now pissed off one whom she knew from her own experiences that the other people not to anger like this aside from Drows were Gods.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment