New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

Beelzebub looks over the party one more time, as if mulling something over in his head. "So you propose to speak to these other world denizens? And request them to return the key if not the priest back? That will take time which normally I would not mind but if others get wind of my plans, it will be too late for me to prepare any strong defense. Instead.... " Beelzebub waves his clawed appendage as the light from your eyes is taken, replaced by the feeling of a scorching heat from around you. It continues to intensify until even as your vision returns.

Before you lies a veritable plane of fire. Cracks in the ground sometimes shooting forth jets of flame high in the skies which are clouded in a black ash spewing from the multitude of volcanoes in the area. The heat is almost becoming unbearable before a bright light washes over you, causing your bodies to cool and retain their temperature. "For those of you ignorant to the Abyss, this is Phlegethos. Here you are all on a different type of mission. You must travel to Abriymoch and meet with Belial. You will give him this." A black scroll appears in Iivraena's hands. "Do not open it nor let anyone else see it or it's contents. You must deliver this while not allowing his daughter Fierna to intercept it nor find out anything." The archdevil waves his hand as five small black flies with red skull patterns upon their bodies fly forth and land on all of you. They then seem to disappear as they dissolve into you. "Those are my marks to show you as envoys. It will allow you to meet Belial. However, should you fail, they also serve a secondary purpose."

With that, he looks towards the horizon. "There is where you will find the city and Belial. Be quick." With that, he vanishes. Following his directions, you look to see the largest of the volcanoes towering high above the rest about 10 miles away. A river of magma surrounds it, leaving a single stone bridge as the entry way, leading to a path up the mountainous visage....
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

As Iivraena's only remaining eye began to burn, she quickly shut it, wincing as tears began to fall from how much pain she was going through. Upon feeling her cue, which was the immense amounts of heat, her eye shot open quickly. She felt herself shake and for a bit, she was sure they were all about to die soon. Thankfully, Lolth seemed to be still watching over her as that appeared to be otherwise.

She had recognized this as the Abyss but not immediately which layer. Iivraena was definitely not ignorant when it came to these types of things. Merely, she'd never done this before but it didn't mean she had no clue as to what she was talking about. She blinked a bit, allowing her good eye to adjust as she slowly looked around, taking in all the details.

Instincts originally told her to swat the fly but something else in her mind gave her the feeling it would be a bad idea. Calm down... just get through this and for the time being, you'll be done.... Yet part of her reminded herself it wasn't the job that seemed to be difficult but rather, Ia. After all, he was the reason they were now here. They should have been getting the fourth key but no... now they were here instead.

As Iivraena felt something in her hands, she looked down to see a black scroll. The designated hiding place was easy as she placed it underneath her shirt in between her chest. She knew no one, not even Alakdriirn, would dare be that stupid... unless they wanted to try and see what would happen. Besides, robes were almost always one of the first places checked so should that happen, it'd be found out way too easily. She took a deep breath as Beelzebub left then glared to Ia, "No more of this crap! We should have been done with this but no... you had to send the priest didn't you?! Now listen up and listen good because I'm not repeating myself... keep your damn summons to yourself! This is more like a covert negotiation mission and this should be even easier than what we were trying to do! I don't know about you, but I don't feel like finding out the secondary purpose of those flies infused with us. So, if you don't mind, follow and shut up during this damn thing. Now then...."

She turns to the volcano, taking another deep breath. "I can probably teleport us all right to the bridge with my helm. All that will be left is the walk. If, however, anyone wants to use spells or anything... speak up now. Otherwise, me and Alakdriirn are heading over." With what patience and sanity she still had left, she began awaiting to hear what the others had to say regarding this idea.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda worked to take all of this in stride.

"Oh. Hell."

As the image of Baalzebul fades, Theda surveys their new surroundings.

"Well, congratulations, Ia. Not many double-cross an arch-devil and still have a face to smile with. Although, of course, all you really did was piss him off and make all the work we just did for nothing.

"Now, if you'll turn off that bloody aura, we can get underway. Miss Iivraena has the scroll, and I rather doubt that she'll want to wander around hell without any ability to defend herself."

She gestures towards the distant volcano. She glances at Tonn, who transforms into a magnificent gold dragon.

"Unless someone has a faster way to travel, Tonn can fly us there."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #544

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena smirks upon hearing Theda's words, merely nodding in agreement. She looks at Tonn slightly hesitantly before shaking her head no after a bit. "Not that I don't trust Tonn... but falling into any of that magma would be really bad. Also, though I myself cannot feel as though I can cast spells, it seems my items can still work. So... irregardless of whether he wants to take that thing off or not, he can't stop me from using my helmet. That being said.. I believe everyone seems to have their modes of transportation set."

Her eyes gaze over to Ia, "You're lucky to be alive as it is. That being said, I owe you nothing good considering the mess you got us into. So figure out your own way to get here." With that, she took a deep breath, tightened her grip on Alakdriirn's leash, then finally focused on gazing over at the bridge then closing her eye, activating her helm to see about getting this to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Tsume said while your ... Divinities Demise works on actual spells, magical items and such still work.

And now, let's see how this goes....
    (1d100)[19])
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-03-14 at 03:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

"If you had a chance at the power of a god, would you not take it? Besides, that temple was not to my liking... to much of a divine feel to it. This however is a nice atmosphere." Ia says, turning to Theda, "I fly myself."
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda snorts.

"For someone with such contempt for the gods, you're certainly eager to join their ranks. Now, we're wasting time. We won't be going anywhere with that aura of yours active."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #547

"Well, that worked well," Nicos mutters. Alone out of all the members of the group, Nicos'eyes did not sting or water. The gifts of devils, he reflected, have their benefits.
    At the mention of double crossing Beelzebub, Nicos seems almost offended. "I did it and survived, did I not? I. Might not have been given a more direct gift, but a soul is a handy thing to have," Nicos pauses, "Iivraena, I'll take the letter. As a criminal, I assure you I can probably hide it better,"
    Nicos fished around in his coat for a few seconds before pulling a small statuette of a fly out of one of the pockets you hadn't noticed was there. he smiled.
    "I too can fly,"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

8. - Top - End - #548

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

(This is all before the helm activates since me & Tsume were out for a bit...)

Iivraena shakes her head, scoffing at Ia, "You damned fool! All deities, whether good or otherwise, have divine powers... not confusing ones like you have. If you really want to join them one of these days, you damn well better get used to it by allowing yourself to feel the flow of divine powers. That being said... you really should turn that barrier off. Or do you want us to die? I'll let you ponder the answer to that... you don't even need to answer me verbally. The way you act during this mission will be my answer."

As she heard Nicos speak next, she laughed a bit. "Just because you're a more.... popular criminal does not mean I'm not as well. After all, what happens below ground is usually unknown about for good reasons. Rest assured though, I can handle this fine."

Her eyes closed as she sighed softly, unable to help but hear Ia's annoying words repeating through her head. She was feeling her helm about to activate and she began to send up her own silent prayer, Lolth... I know you're still watching over me. Should Alakdriirn ever bear me a girl, smite that damn elf for me if I can't and Beelzebub decides to save him for some reason..... Her eyes remained closed as she felt the helm beginning to finish activating. Hopefully this had all worked.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-03-14 at 06:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you reappear at the bridge, you can feel the mere presence of something around. Whatever it is though, you also have a feeling it's watching you.

Others:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iivraena and Alakdriirn both disappear in a small ball of light, flying towards the bridge. It seems the two wish to finish this quickly. While you stand there, you begin to quickly feel like you're being watched. Apparently in this realm of deceit, eyes are everywhere.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

10. - Top - End - #550

"Figures," Nicos muttered. May as well give them something to think about.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-03-15 at 05:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551

Ia unfurls his wings and scouts the surrounding area by sky.

(*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

12. - Top - End - #552

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena smirks upon seeing they had arrived in front of the bridge like she'd hoped. Upon seeing the bridge was made of stone, she felt pretty confident it should hold them both as neither weighed too much. However, just to be on the safe side, she began unrolling the entire leash attached to Alakdriirn's collar, giving him now about 4 1/2 feet worth of slack as opposed to what he used to have. Shifting her tongue to Undercommon, she began explaining what she had in mind for this. "I'll go on ahead first. When the leash gets extended all the way, then begin following behind. That should happen about three-quarters of the way across the bridge if not closer to the end hopefully and will avoid putting too much weight on the bridge." Her gaze shifted upward as she began going across the stone bridge.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda clambers onto Tonn. She waits until she feels Ia's aura effects on her fade, then urges him up into the air, gaining enough altitude to give the elf a wide, wide berth.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

rolling something
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[68]

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you begin to cross the bridge, you hear a voice from above. "Halt over-worlder!" This definitely gave you a strange feeling. Usually it'd be you yelling this sort of thing at someone else when someone invaded the Underdark. The flapping of leathery wings is heard as two rather uncharacteristically handsome men drop from the sky. Unlike the trappings you gave Alakdriirn, these men seem to have no such thing. "Why do you come here, dark one? Do you have a favor to ask of Lady Fierna?"

All others:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you fly around so high in the sky, part of you starts to wonder... what sticks out more than a winged elf flying around a fiery plane? Why a gold dragon... that's what! Yes a gold dragon flying around the hellish domain! Perhaps simply a poor color choice. The scouting yields that the areas around where you were dropped off consists mainly of lakes of fire and large spiked pits where you can see numerous bodies have been dumped into. The rest of the area is the same. Endless wastes of fire and lava dotted by small volcanoes and rivers of fire.

The landscape is indeed breath-taking. In fact, if you took any more ash it'd be breath-losing. But out of the corner of your eyes, you spot Iivraena's dilemma. She seems alright for the moment.. but you all have a bigger problem. What appears to be three large balls of magma are flying in your direction. Upon a closer look, they appear to have a shape... that of dragons made from pure living lava rock.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-03-16 at 03:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena blinked for a couple seconds, trying to figure out what the figures before her were. A soft gasp that only Alakdriirn or probably the two incubi could hear left her. Crap... I've never had to deal with seductive fiends like these before. Come on... think! After a few more minutes of contimplating, she nodded, showing a confident smirk on her face as she looked at the two incubi, obeying their order to halt for now.

Purposely adding her own seductive tone of sorts, Iivraena began to speak"Well boys.... not quite. I have actually been sent to deliver a verbal message to Belial. However, my client put a spell on me so that I cannot speak it to anyone else but him and thus, I need to see the man, alone, and give him the message to him and no one else. However, as compensation for Lady Fierna, I believe I have something that will amuse her while I speak with Belial."

She gave Alakdriirn's leash a tug, pulling him a bit closer behind her as she moved aside enough to show him off, considering he had almost nothing on himself. "I only have one true request.... if she wants to play with him, feel free to be as rough as she wants. Just keep him one piece. I will want him and need him back when I finish speaking with Belial. Does that suffice for you two?" Though her arrogant smirk remained, she'd be lying to admit to herself she was very scared. This had to work.. or else things would be going very wrong very quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

With a grunt, Theda opts to sacrifice utility in the favour of aesthetics, and instructs Tonn to transform into a red dragon. She watches the approach of the dragons with interest, and sees how they interact with Ia and Nicos below.

17. - Top - End - #557

Ia gives the denizens of this plane something to think about. He activates Unearthly Weather in favor of divinities demise.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

It's almost as if the sky itself had decided to turn against everything. The temperature begins to shift rapidly as an eerie mist fills the sky followed by a rather disturbing downpour. Images that look akin to nightmares float through the air. The ground begins to cool and heat with almost no time to recover from the quick change.... and that's when you hear it. The cracking, the rumbling. Steam begins to shoot from the vents and then instantly cool. One moment you can see your breath and the next you're sweating. Finally, the rapidly cooling and heating rock and magma surrender. Large gashes began to tear into the ground. The already active volcanoes begin to shake and shudder with much more intensity than before as lava begins flowing from every part of the broken ground. It's a variable Armageddon.

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It feels as if the whole plane is shifting as the bridge suddenly begins to crumble and crack. (Make a Reflex Save)

Everyone Else:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I await your results)

Theda/Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since the winds had picked up into the violent gale and you're technically flying, your Reflex saves are going to have their DC increased by about 5. I'm doing the same for the dragons.

(Everyone needs a save. Some will be different and less strict due to the epicenter of the quake, the distance from the epicenter, and the violent shakings going on. Everyone needs to do a Reflex. More will be added pending the roll results.... )

DM Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+22)[28]
    (1d20+15)[33]
    (1d20+15)[35]
    (1d20+15)[26]
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2011-03-16 at 05:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena stared for a couple seconds ahead and then looked down upon feeling the crumbling begin. This wasn't really happening... was it? And yet as it continued, she began moving her feet, forcing herself to run. Tears of anger and frustration began falling down her face for the first time in years. Why now?! WHY?! I TOLD HIM THIS WAS A DAMN NEGOTIATION MISSION!!! I TOLD HIM THAT EVEN!! She felt herself look up as she continued running, continuing her silent prayer, Lolth... please.... I beg you! Allow me to live through this and I'll kill him personally if Beelzebub doesn't! Just don't let me die from one stupid error caused by this wretched elf! Whilst running, she ducked under the incubi, pulling Alakdriirn behind. There was no way she'd lose him if she could avoid it. All through her head, she could hear herself constantly screaming, I HATE THAT DAMN ELF! over and over again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save:
    (1d20+10)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda looks around, intrigued. It was interesting. She'd always wondered what it would look like when Hell went all to hell. And given the extreme randomness and destruction of the effect, it seemed not unlikely that Ia was responsible.

With the powerful dragon's wings, Tonn carries them even further from the disturbance. Through the mental link, she sends to Iivraena.

"Everything all right? Do you need help?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Theda were explicitly already staying outside of the range of Divinity's Demise, she is presumably also outside of the range of Unearthly Weather.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Ah, true. I wasn't sure exactly how far away you were. I just knew you were keeping your distance but not quite how far.)

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are able to get across the shattering bridge just before it collapses into the lava. The incubi seem to have forgotten about you at the moment as they stare with a paired amazement and confusion at the otherwise incredibly rampant destruction they are seeing. The two demons exchange glances before they begin their ascent towards the top of the volcano. Knowing better than to take on whatever this is by themselves, it's obvious that they're going for back-up.

22. - Top - End - #562

It's like we can't do anything without inducing some sort of cataclysm. First the Mage tries to cheat our employer, then all hell erupts. In hell, no less.
    Nicos rolls his eyes. If he got out of this alive, there would be blood, preferably that of his damned employer.
    "Kharaigshas," He muttered under his breath, and the fly statuette in his hand quickly grew to the size of a small warhorse.
    I really could use a plan. Come on, Sphaerideon, think. It's what kept you alive this far, and it will keep you alive into the future. So, deliver a message to Belial, don't let Firenia know. It sounds like the lord of the flies is playing politics. Nicos smiled. I can work with this. Nicos Sphaerideon, Lord of the Flies. I like the sound of that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Save
    [roll]1d20+20[/roll]
    Okay, the computer doesn't like me. Rolls on OOC.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2011-03-16 at 09:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena sighed as she turned back in time to see the rest of the bridge disappear. Thankfully, however, Alakdriirn had also gotten off of it as well. Her head turned upon hearing Theda speak to her in her mind. She took a deep breath to try to calm herself before replying back, "Yes..... we're fine. I just really want that damned elf dead before he kills us all. I think the easiest route would be, if you don't mind, allowing us to get on Tonn and fly us over. Hopefully I can find Belial, give him the damn scroll and end this before too much more happens...." Her arms crossed across her chest tightly, ensuring the scroll remained there. The last thing that should dare happen... Lolth or any deity forbid... was for that scroll to get lost. Should that happen, the rest of Hell that hadn't broken loose yet probably would.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2011-03-17 at 12:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda nods, and then realizes that Iivraena wouldn't see her from that distance especially in this volcanic maelstrom. "I'll see what I can do to get around the storm. First, though, I want to see if Nicos and Ia need help with those three dragons."

25. - Top - End - #565

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena sighed again upon hearing Theda's answer. In her eyes, Ia deserved anything but help. After all, he started this damn mess... as far as she was concerned, he could get himself out of it. Still, time wasn't stopping and she knew this. "Fine.... worry about them. We'll try to hurry on ahead." With that, she gave Alakdriirn's leash a tug and began running towards the mountain. Once she got a good enough view of it, she should be able to try to use another use of her helm and make the job even easier. Then, hopefully, it could all be over with sooner. She had taken into account the incubi having already left, but hopefully they'd know it hadn't been caused by her for one or, if they didn't care about that.... it mattered not to her. Not ever since she felt the ability to cast spells come back to her which was enough to give her a content feeling for the time being. At least in place of all the hell Ia was making fall apart, he had allowed herself and Theda their spells back again so something good was coming out of this.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

26. - Top - End - #566

Ia watches chaos unfold, thinking, If Only I could open a portal here and now...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+26)[37]

By the way, could you give me the details on how to let Elder Evils into the material plane? It is one of Ia's long term goals.
    Last edited by firemagehao; 2011-03-17 at 06:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Iivraena:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You begin to make your way up the mountain. You hear a loud rumbling coming straight down the mountain. It sounds like some sort of multi-legged animal of gigantic size.

All Others:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two of the three dragons manage to land safely amidst the turmoil They appear to be trying to get their bearings straight. They seem unaffected by the magma spewing from the ground and are able to exist comfortably in it. Some of the images seem to confuse them as their own flame-filled bodies begin to shake as their own volcanic reactions begin to take hold of them.

Ia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (In order for you to incorporate all the gods/evils, you'd have to summon them and the only way to do that is through specific means so for now, there's no real way to do it properly.)

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Taking advantage of the fact that Ia seems not to be moving, Theda and Tonn work to get ahead of the area of unsettled weather, seeking to meet up with Iivraena beyond it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if Ia starts moving, I'm hoping that the dragon's 150' fly speed is enough to keep them ahead of the whatever.

29. - Top - End - #569

(The weather is a 6 mile radius around Ia. Just to get it in perspective.)

Ia begins flying towards the Drow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Could Ia let in a storm of aberrant energy?

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh, I don't care about the periphery effects. I'd have been nearly half a mile up to avoid the previous incursion anyway. Tonn is big enough to be bothered by strong winds, and blindsight to deal with obstacles. The real question is - how are YOU flying in this, or seeing where you're going in the fog?