New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

The pit fiend chuckles and nods.

"There sure are all sorts of reasons why people choose to look different than they are. Or choose to be different than they look. Depending on how you look at it."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicos tuned his gaze to Theda, and narrowed his eyes.
    "You're a pit fiend," He said. Nicos cocked his head to the side.
    "You're still a pit fiend,"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda chuckles.

"Of course. I am a pit fiend. But by the same logic. Tonn is a tornado, a black pudding and a dragon. I suspect that your actual view of the universe is more nuanced than you let on."

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsumeken: any details on the sword?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #784

Yes, and, by that logic, I'm a fair elf maiden and the king of Impiltur. Dear gods, do they have humor wherever you're from? Nicos sent back through the link, doing his best not to roll his eyes. I would be dead if I didn't 'let things on' in ways that weren't true.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Details on the sword:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The sword had a slender, razor-edged, gleaming red blade, its length inscribed with designs of cloaked figures and tall scythes, accentuated by a black blood trough running along its center. Entreri opened his hand enough for the wizard to see the skull-bobbed pommel, with a hilt that appeared like whitened vertebrae. Running from it toward the crosspiece, the hilt was carved to resemble a backbone and rib-cage, and the crosspiece itself resembled a pelvic skeleton, with legs spread out wide and bent back toward the head, so that the wielder's hand fit neatly within the 'bony' boundaries. All of the pommel, hilt and crosspiece was white, like bleached bones—perfectly white, except for the eye sockets of the skull pommel, which seemed like black pits at one moment and flared with red fires the next."

Disclaimer: I do not own the Faerun Wikipedia or any of it's contents so please don't sue me

As you study the blade, you begin to feel that malevolent presence again. Perhaps there truly is a demon encased in this sword. One would wonder how that man himself dealt with it.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda looks up from the sword over at Nicos. For a moment, her fiendish brow furrows in confusion...and then she throws back her head in laughter.

"Thank you, Nicos. In the last few years, I've spent a lot more time killing people than chatting with them. I have lost the art of irony. You'll be patient, yes?"

Her eyes flicker down from the fiend-dealer to the sword in her hand. She reached out telepathically to the malevolent force inside it.

"Hello there. I'm Theda. Who are you? I gather you like to kill things. If you stick with me and behave yourself, you'll have an opportunity to kill many, many things. If you don't, I'll leave you buried so far underground that no one will find you for a millenium. Do we understand each other?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsumeken - if you mean you don't have crunch details for the sword, I'm okay with making stuff up as we go. And that description was lovely.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Bugbear in the Playground

~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~

Iivraena turned her head, allowing Nicos and Theda to commune with one another for now. Her eye looked down at the dagger the man had been forced to leave behind. It might be a bit better suited for her anyways albeit she wouldn't lie she was a tad jealous that Theda had seemed as interested in the sword as herself. Shrugging lightly, she began to kneel down to pick up the dagger before turning to Alakdriirn, shifting her tongue once again to Undercommon before ushering him a command, "Dos pict ol phor ust. Ensure ol zhah sreen'aur whol uns'aa ulu tangis'xta'rl." Her eye remained glaring at Alakdriirn, part of her almost silently daring him to disobey, as she awaited to see if he'd do it or not.

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh you mean if it's a +X weapon and such? Sorry completely misunderstood that. I'm not sure on it's bonus plus but I do know for sure that most people who try to wield it without the glove make a Will Save. Failure means instantly.... more or less getting disintegrated, I suppose. Your body completely begins to fade, both inside and out so that includes all your organs, muscles, etc. It may as well be the same, if not close enough, to Disintegrate. Tsume can give you those later though.... he's asleep now. Yeah though, we thought you only wanted a description but thank you for the compliment.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #788

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the other hand, it eats souls. Beyond ressurection. This could be handy.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Absolutely!

While waiting for a response from the sword, Theda looked over at Nicos, methodically examining the dead drow's gear. She gestures to the rest of the hooded drow's equipment, in a heap at her feet.

"Hey, Nicos. You still got a knack for picking out what magics are laid onto things. Might be useful to know what I'm handling - and what else they all had with them. Might be a clue as to what they were setting up to do."

10. - Top - End - #790

"Good point," Nicos said. Hadn't even thought of it...
    Nicos allowed the magic to flow through him, getting in touch with the sort of sixth sense his abilities gave him.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh... magic qualities? Yeah I can give you those. It's a +4 Wounding Longsword. Every time anyone touches the sword, they make a Will save or their face melts, leaving nothing but a skull. Of course, this kills them and takes their soul. The blade also can glow like most plus/+X items only it's glow is a black light that negates infravision/darkvision. Once every two rounds, the sword can summon a cloud of ash in a 10 x 10 area by being swung. If you have the glove on as well, the Will save is halved when drawing it but only when using that hand.

Nicos:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dagger Iivraena is making Alakdriirn get radiates magic as does the longsword Theda is holding. The man's (whom Iivraena has trapped) cloak, glove, a brooch, a pair of boots, a small black statue, and a rope that seems to have been used as a belt all show hints of magic.

From the deceased Drow leader, two bracers and a circlet are the only things that radiate magic. Everything else seems to radiate energy as well but more of it mental.

The sword seems to quiet down after you threaten it, silently accepting your offer. Alakdriirn retrieves the dagger. The sun is now setting quickly and soon it shall be nightfall.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda seems to commune with the sword for a moment, then reaches down to take the glove that is on the pile of the missing man's belonging. She slides it onto her right hand. She slid the sword back into its scabbard and strap it to her hip. She sends telepathically to her colleagues.

"You were correct. The voice we heard is in fact the sword's - Charon's Claw, I believe it called itself. Very theatrical, this one. Anyway. This seems like a fair share of this haul for me. I'd suggest that you take up the rest, and we'll get back to our actual objective."

13. - Top - End - #793

Nicos continued to allow is gifts to do their thing, hoping to gain a little bit more information.
    "Well, Theda, you've worked with me for this long, you shouldn't have trouble with theatrical,"

Spoiler
    Show
    I can just store everything else until we can identify them, if that's okay.

Sorry about taking so long to respond. Accurséd ISP...

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda rumbled a laugh from deep in her chest.

"Fair enough."

She looked around at the absolute shambles the place was left in. The partially-stripped and broken bodies of a dozen drow, a wrecked floor, and three dead bodies upstairs. Perhaps this would be seen as a failed incursion by the drow.

"All right, then. I'd rather relocate outside, where I can see someone coming."

Theda coils and leaps up through the hole in the floor/ceiling, landing heavily next to Tonn. The dragon sends a burst of concentrated sonic energy at the front wall of the bar in order to demolish it. Theda leads him out

Spoiler
    Show
    If there are people in sight outside the inn, we can pause there. If there aren't she'll cast Greater Scrying to find "Drizzt Do'urden", mentally picturing the drow man we saw in the pictures. He gets a will DC 31 to resist (would be 36, but he gets at +5 because I've never met him).

15. - Top - End - #795

"Theda, there is such a creature as a door, you know," Nicos grumbled.
    Recovering as much gear as he could grab (all of it) from the dead drow, Nicos followed Theda out of the room.
    I could get used to working with these people.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda fires back, as the scrying window begins to appear in midair.

"Now WHATEVER would be the fun in that?"

17. - Top - End - #797

"Subtlety? I like subtlety," Nicos shrugged. "What're you doing?"

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda gestures to the shimmer in the air in front of her.

"Well, since asking at the first inn along the way didn't come up with results, I thought I'd try to actually find this fellow by scrying him directly. If that doesn't work, we can always proceed to the city and return to your subtle methods again."

19. - Top - End - #799

"Hey, subtle methods can work when we find him," Nicos smirked.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda nods, not quite turning her attention from the image appearing before them.

"Ah, excellent. What did you have in mind?"

21. - Top - End - #801

"That depends on where we find him, really," Nicos peered over what would have been the pit fiend's shoulder if he had been tall enough at the image.
    "Shall we see?"

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

((Fail save))

The image appears before you, the elf himself seems to be in a battle of some kind but it does not look like he is in the city you were being sent to... or any city for that manner. From what you can tell he looks to be in a large keep fending off a legion of ghoulish looking opponents.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda sends a signal to the two drow to join them outside, and gestures to the battle going on in the scrying plane.

"Busy boy, isn't he? I'm afraid I'm not of this world, but it would seem that the three of you are. I don't suppose you recognize this place where he's fighting?"

24. - Top - End - #804

Nicos sighed."So much for the subtle way,"
    He peered in at the image, as though trying to find something in it.
    "I'm from pretty far to the southeast. I'm not too familiar with the north beyond what I've heard from people in taverns," who had a shamelessly light grip on their moneypouches, "But I think my way might just be out,"

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda calls back through the broken wall and dissolved floor to Iivraena and Alakdriirn.

"Hey, you two! Time enough for fcuking when the job is done. Care to join us up here? We've got a lead on our quarry."

Seeing no easier way to proceed, Theda focuses on the place where Drizzt's battle is taking place, and casts the same spell that had lead them to the heart of the spider-web in their first battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Find the Path to guide us to the keep depicted in the scrying mirror.

26. - Top - End - #806

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on Tsume and Virgo to post.