Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No problem here. Nicos would probably be best tearing nations apart with a well placed bluff check.

Nicos sighs, and begins to mutter.
    Kharaigshas.
    The ebon fly materialized once again. Nicos carefully climbed on and tried to avoid thinking about falling while crossing the room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ebon fly activated for a second time this week.
    As a shapechanged creature could pass by, I'm assuming a small statuette works just as well.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    The following is predicated on everyone getting across the cavern safely, in one way or another. Tsumeken will of course correct me if this is a bad assumption.

Once the group has gathered on the far side of the cavern, Theda gestures at Alir and speaks telepathically to her colleagues.

This is Alir, one of the spider-lord's servants. She's responsible for pushing the rock. For the time being, she serves me, but I will dispose of her soon. She says that there's two ways to get down to his sanctum. This shaft, about 350 feet deep, is the most direct, and there's a more roundabout route that she describes as 'the way that she'd take.' Presumably, that's the chimney shaft back in that cavern.

"Tonn could assume a form to carry any of you without your own means of flight to the bottom of the shaft. I would recommend taking the more direct route, while we are still relatively fresh. Do you agree? And do you have any questions for Alir before I kill her?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The following is predicated on everyone getting across the cavern safely, in one way or another. Tsumeken will of course correct me if this is a bad assumption.

Once the group has gathered on the far side of the cavern, Theda gestures at Alir and speaks telepathically to her colleagues.

This is Alir, one of the spider-lord's servants. She's responsible for pushing the rock. For the time being, she serves me, but I will dispose of her soon. She says that there's two ways to get down to his sanctum. This shaft, about 350 feet deep, is the most direct, and there's a more roundabout route that she describes as 'the way that she'd take.' Presumably, that's the chimney shaft back in that cavern.

"Tonn could assume a form to carry any of you without your own means of flight to the bottom of the shaft. I would recommend taking the more direct route, while we are still relatively fresh. Do you agree? And do you have any questions for Alir before I kill her?"
    Fine by me either way. Pilo muses.

I wonder how she did all of that with no gear to speak of. Pilo thinks to himself.
    Last edited by Invelios; 2010-12-08 at 12:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

It works for me, as long as I don't have to lead in there.
    Nicos decides on the spot that the quickest route would probably be the most dangerous, and having somebody else in front of him is always good. He'd rather not be sent back yet.
    Wait, hang on.
    Nicos's features blur and darken, becoming more angular and elfin. With a slight smile, Nicos's transformation into something that looks a lot like Alir is complete. The odd gleam in Nicos/Alir's eye is still there, however.
    In case it's important... Can one of you guys replicate the bonds on Alir?
    If we're captured, I can just call myself their captive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First daily use of fiendish gift, as Infernal Guise. Disguise check on OOC thread.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-08 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Cool idea, Kiranvonstrom. Bonds? I don't understand.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #186

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought you tied her up. Sorry.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes as long as you don't cast any spells directed at the crystals, or if a area spell were to include them in it. nothing bad would happen. I assume this means you aall have made it through the crystal chamber and are now at the gaping hole in the ground,
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Rockin. Roughly what diameter is the hole? Is it rough stone, or smooth...

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    All righty. Not letting this stall. No one has asked Alir any questions. Anybody who can fly on their own power, just signal and we can assume that you're doing so.

Two coups de grace, from a dragon and a balor - I'm assuming that Alir is dead, but we can roll it out if desired,

Theda had been planning to give Alir over to Morditai as a special gift, an object for his stabbity urges. Unfortunately, the satyr seemed to have fallen quiet. So she mentally instructs the elf to lay down and fall asleep, and then Theda and Tonn quietly and dispassionately shred and devour her.

Pulling out a strip of white hair, Theda glances at the others.

"All set, then?"

Setting anyone who wishes onto Tonn's back, Theda and Tonn plunge down the shaft, minding any signals of danger from the Find the Path spell.

10. - Top - End - #190

Dispassionately waching the gory display, Nicos began to tie himself up. I would be highly suspicious of an untied captive. Besides, It's traditonal.
    Use Rope: (1d20+7)[12]
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why, oh Traveler, can't I roll correctly!?

Hopping onto the fly, Nicos did his best to steer it with his feet.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-11 at 08:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

((As a case in point I have been informed by the stabby Satyr that his life has gotten the best of him, and is nholding him hostage... or is it suicide... I don't know it's one of those things split personality things. So for now The Satyr is having a moment of lapse as his two halves fight for control))

As you plunge into the shaft you arrive at the bottom rather quickly. As if on cue the room lights up and ou now find yourselves in a large circular room

Spoiler
    Show
    The room is circular like a ball and you guys would be inside it for visual aide

The domed ceiling above you hangs cocoons, some larger then man size by great proportions. A large cavern to the east alights with 6 red eyes as a Gigantic Spider moves out from it though it does not attack. "My my.... intruders, it's been so long I'd forgotten what they looked like. Though I must say you are odd ones to be sure." The creature shakes as it chuckles, "Though if you are here you must have some worth, I shall make a deal with you then, I'll only kill half your number, the rest of you can go free."

Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    Find the path points into the hole this spider came out from.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

As they emerge into the upper reaches of this great sphere, Theda sends a mental message to Tonn's two passengers.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are approaching our destination. Please prepare to disembark. IF you've got more of that fire, we might want to torch those cocoons before they become something other than cocoons."

Theda quickly bolsters her and Tonn's great strength. Tonn reaches back and plucks Morditai from her back, hurling him towards the massive spider. The two drift downwards away from the ceiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tonn and Theda separate to about 20' apart, and both drift the lesser of 80' or halfway down into the sphere. Theda casts Bite of the Werebear, shared with Tonn. Tonn tosses Morditai, aiming at a square adjacent to the gargantuan spider - or as far as a strength of 39 can throw a satyr from a great height, whichever comes first.

initiative: (1d20+10)[13]

13. - Top - End - #193

I have an alternate position, sir. One of my companions of your choice kills me. I'd reccomend the satyr. He likes to play with his food.
    Nicos's face melted back on, grinning. He expected there would be a more entertaining way of going about this than watching his companions be massacred.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check:(1d20+38)[58]
    I'm counting on modatai just knocking me into negative hit points, where Nicos's ring can do the rest.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Whatever you need to do to keep me from being spider chow is fine by me.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

The large spider looks over towards the satyr. "Very well then." It raises one of it's forelegs, bringing it down swiftly and piercing him through the gut. Blood nearly explodes from his body as he's hit with such great force. It began to drag the body over towards itself, most likely to consume it.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say that that's a 'no' to Nicos, then, and so much for me using Morditai as a distraction. If the spider's killed Morditai, that means that Tsumeken has processed my first round of actions, so we're over to Nicos and Pilo. There's a very good chance that the dragon that Pilo will stop being a dragon next round, and become something less pleasant to ride. Invelios, you should take the "prepare to disembark" warning literally.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say that that's a 'no' to Nicos, then, and so much for me using Morditai as a distraction. If the spider's killed Morditai, that means that Tsumeken has processed my first round of actions, so we're over to Nicos and Pilo. There's a very good chance that the dragon that Pilo will stop being a dragon next round, and become something less pleasant to ride. Invelios, you should take the "prepare to disembark" warning literally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I never embarked, I can fly on my own power.

18. - Top - End - #198

Nicos remained calm.
    I think you may have misundertood my position. The satyr kills me, rather than you killing the satyr. I was attempting to solve this diplomatically, but if you force me to...
    Nicos draws his knives, and black flames flicker to life along their length.
    Nicos flicks his head dismissively.
    Hit me with your best, and we'll see how you fair with that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that worked badly. Thank goodness we're twentieth level, and therefore likely to find some way to save Mordatai. Sorry, KingofLaughter, I'm afraid that was probably my fault.
    Short swords drawn, dodge bonus taken out on the spider.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

In a flash, Tonn's scales change from bright green to an iridescent gold. Theda and Tonn circle towards the largest concentrations of the cocoons, staying well back from the spider enjoying its meal. Theda layers on another protection for them, while Tonn strafes the cocoons with flame.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tonn changes into a young adult gold dragon. Theda casts Freedom of Movement, shared with Tonn. The two move to allow Tonn to hit as many of the dangling cocoons as possible with a 50' cone of fire. Fire damage: (10d10)[64], Reflex DC 29 for half, if relevant.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

For everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's okay, the thing is that King ofLaughter had to drop due to RL and school so in a way it was a nice way to say goodbye to the character. If he comes back maybe I'll have some strange evil resurection thing for him

The Spider looks up at the falming remains of it's past victims and brood of children as they fall from the coccons in a firey rain, desperate to escape the flames. (No ref for the flaming spiders falling, it's just for flavor text)

The Lord of Web (big spider), moves forward as it tries to attack towards Nicos with it's mandibles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+23)[36]
    damage
    (1d20+15)[34]
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-21 at 04:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda and Tonn drift downwards a bit, avoiding the flaming debris, but do not yet touch down. Not yet. Instead, Theda whirls, drawing on the combined might of Mabar and Latannia to bring the fire and the darkness to this battle. A gleaming rock appears in the air above the big spider, flashing down and smashing into him. Soon, it is joined by a pillar of fire. Meanwhile, Tonn shifts back into his gleaming emerald form, unleashing a piercing shriek at the massive spider.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tonn shapeshifts into an emerald dragon. Both move as needed to maintain flight.

Theda casts a quickened Flame Strike ((15d6)[45] damage, Reflex DC 21 for half, half of damage is fire, half is divine) and an empowered Cometfall (Spell Compendium pg 50. (15d6)[53] x 1.5 = 79 untyped damage, Reflex DC 23 for half. If save is failed, it is also knocked prone).

Tonn breathes a cone of sound at the spider. (10d6)[34] sonic damage, Reflex DC 27 for half, and Fort save DC 27 or deafened for (1d4+5)[8] rounds.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-12-17 at 08:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pilo begins Casting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Polymorph any object, to turn the spider into a bunny (a fluffy bunny). Save DC 30

Roll to be SR

(1d20+24)[40]
    Last edited by Invelios; 2010-12-16 at 05:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Spoiler
    Show
    Nicos is likely caught in all of that, too.
    Save to avoid Emerald Strike(1d20+20)[30]
    Save to avoid Commetfall(1d20+20)[28]
    Fort save for sonic cone (1d20+13)[16]
    Sonic cone save (1d20+20)[21]
    43 damage and deafened. Boom.
    The spider hit him too, both times. Ouch. Glad I brought a Ring of Nine Lives. Save to avoid likely instant death on the other thread.
    Never mind.

Nicos grit his teeth as the wave of magical power hit him, variously deafening him, pummeling him and generally ripping through him. It was only through a nearly preternatural ability to get dodge the incoming projectiles that he survived with barely a scratch.
    Nicos shook it off, and stabbed at the spider, black flame trailing from his daggers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls to hit in OOC thread.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-16 at 08:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Nicos is likely caught in all of that, too.
    The room is a big sphere and Tonn is flying, so positioning the cone of sound so that it hits the GARGANTUAN spider and not the medium-sized Nicos should not be a problem. Even less trouble for the flame strike and cometfall (with only a 10' radius and 5' radius each, they can each happen within the spider's area). Give us a little credit for not wanting to kill you!
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-12-16 at 07:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

The room is a big sphere and Tonn is flying, so positioning the cone of sound so that it hits the GARGANTUAN spider and not the medium-sized Nicos should not be a problem. Even less trouble for the flame strike and cometfall (with only a 10' radius and 5' radius each, they can each happen within the spider's area). Give us a little credit for not wanting to kill you!
    Nicos has about 909 effective hit points, he was in no danger.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Saves
    Spoiler
    Show

Against bunniness (Fort)
    (1d20+16)[30] (horray for match though bunny pancake sounds funny)
    Against Tolindar's attacks (ref, ref, fort)
    (1d20+10)[22] (fail)
    (1d20+10)[14] (fail, Knocked Prone auto fails other saves)
    (1d20+16)[24]

The Spider Lord resists the sudden urge to wiggle it's nose and eat carrots but feels the pain of both the Pillar of flame and large space Rock that crash down upon it. The cone of sonic ripples through it's body as the vibrations shake it's bones and innards with the cacophony.

As Nicos rushes forward at the large now prone spider he begins to go Ginsu on it, slashing quikly and accurately across it's face as it screams from the damage it has taken.

Bright light encases the spider for a split second before it disappears and reappears standing on the other side of the chamber, It's mandibles opens as it releases a viscous spray towards group (ref save 25 to dodge all damage rolled in OOC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Spider can Quicken-Blink, he's not called the lord of the web for nothing
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-17 at 07:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Theda

Theda and Tonn adjust their flight pattern together to accommodate the spider's new position. Glancing over at Nicos and Pilo, she hefts a flaming eyebrow and smiles.

"If at first you don't succeed, gentlemen..."

Tonn shifts into a sinuous red dragon form and breathes a blast of flame at it. Drawing a rod from the bag at her belt, Theda pointed it at the spider. A huge boulder appears above it and tumbles down, shattering to rubble around the massive beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Have a great Christmas, early and otherwise.

Tonn turns into a young adult red dragon. Theda draws her rod of Maximize as she and Tonn move into range above the Spider King.

Tonn breathes fire on the spider ((10d10)[53] fire damage, Reflex Save DC 28 for half.)
    Theda casts Bombardment, maximized using the rod (152 damage, Reflex DC 30 for half. On a failed save, the spider is buried under rubble, and needs to make a DC 20 strength check as a full round action in order to move.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-12-20 at 10:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Nicos dropped to the floor as the spider sprays the group in acidic goo.
    Indeed. Nicos whispered.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spider hit Nicos earlier. How much damage was that?
    And, more importantly, does Nicos's DR work?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Nicos
    Spoiler
    Show
    sry, I thought I gave differed what the damage was. is 34 and DR is applied. now for saves

saves (failed)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ref saves
    (1d20+10)[11]
    (1d20+10)[27]

The spider is hit again by the assault of the two airborne assailants. The rubble quashing it neath the rock and flames, it still twitches with life though it is clear that it is nearing it's end

((all others can still take their turns))
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-21 at 04:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pilo casts again. time to end this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Phatasmal Killer Save DC 31
    Last edited by Invelios; 2010-12-21 at 04:17 PM.