A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 806
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Nicos gestures to Beezlebub on his throne, and smirks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Spoiler
    Show
    This is on the assumption that the larva is visible with true seeing. If not, let me know and I'll restate the action.


    Theda tucks the spindle away for further examination later. She waves to Beelzebul briefly, wondering how he might feel about one of his contractors taking on the guise of one of his blood-war foes. Ah well. More pressing issues to deal with. She shakes her head and sends her thoughts to the others, including the two drow.

    "Hello, folks? this creature came out of the spider we just killed. Odds are good that it's not friendly. And what do we do with not friendly? That's right. We kill it."

    This said, Theda transforms into a blue dragon. She and Tonn unleash a stroke of electricity and a burst of painful sound at the larva, and then swoop down to the ground near Iivraena and Alakdriirn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Theda breath: (10d8)[42], Reflex DC 26 for half.
    Tonn breath: (10d6)[33], Reflex DC 25 for half.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~


    Spoiler
    Show
    Tsume's out but I'm going to assume the Planes check at least succeeded....


    Iivraena smirked as she noticed the face through the portal. Last her memory served her, he was even higher up in ranks than Levistus. Perhaps this teleporting hadn't been so bad after all... it was certainly seeming like that. "Hmph... well then... it seems your Lord will have two more assistants, assuming he doesn't mind." She merely said to the human.

    Her hands began quickly signing to Alakdriirn, Get ready to blast at the larva. I, myself, will see about giving it a massive amount of damage in one hit. Should this fail, however, watch my back for me....

    As she finished signing to him, she let go of his leash, knowing she'd need both of her hands free in order to go through with her spell. She began moving her hands and speaking the actual spell in Undercommon, aiming to hit the larva with a Harm Spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Touch Attack: (1d20+19)[38]
    Damage: 150 unless makes it's Will save for half
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-12-23 at 06:23 PM.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    The larva shakes as the sonic and electric vibrations shoot through it. But it's not until the Drow places a hand on it that it lets out a shriek of pain. It's body twitches and convulses as small cuts appear on it's body before they erupt into full-fledged wounds, spraying a putrid mucus as it deflates like an over-ripe squash. Some of the larval guts find themselves on the Drow.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~


    Iivraena chuckled a bit, her smirk remaining. She then looked up and down herself a bit then shrugged the mess that was now upon her off. After all, she was used to getting a bit dirty in order to deal with most foes and now was no exception. Hopefully, what she had just done would be enough proof to reassure them all she was on their side. She then turned to Nicos, realizing she had yet to properly introduce herself to any of them, her tongue shifting to Common as she spoke to them all, "I am Iivraena Lil'kenafin and this is Alakdriirn. I don't believe I've gotten any of your names if I'm not much mistaken..."
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Nicos Spherideon. Nicos says simply. He looked around. I don't think he seems to be too picky with servants in any case, as long as they can pull their own in a fight.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-24 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda

    Theda transforms back into a balor, and checks to ensure that the bits of larva are burning off of her skin. She nods to Iivraena.

    "I am Theda Bara. This is Tonn. I'm afraid any titles I might have held have been left behind on another world.

    "Nice work with that...whatever it was. Good to see that both of you can handle yourselves."


    She glances around, to ensure that the spirit of whatever that was wasn't reforming again, and then looks down at the spindle she had caught.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to determine whether it's some sort of Gate mechanism, a communications tool, or something else entirely. (1d20+28)[44]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Spellcraft
    Spoiler
    Show
    It appears to be magical thread, most likely the World Weaver you were sent for. Most likely the demon prince sensed that you had it in your possession and therefore opened a gate for you to return to it at.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~


    Iivraena nodded, acknowledging all the but gnome's name thus far. Her smirk, if anything, seemed to grow upon hearing Theda's compliment. "But of course. Divine magic is my specialty." For now, she'd leave it at that. After all, until she herself was certain none of them would try to backstab herself or Alakdriirn, she was going to try to avoid giving out too much information on either of them. Nonetheless, she did feel the basics were, at least, necessary.

    As Theda began examining the spinel, she allowed her room and space to investigate it. This didn't stop her from, however, asking questions that were equally necessary. "Is that what Beezlebub wanted you all to get?" It was sorta sad how much easier this mission seemed in comparison to the one Levistus had given her and the others. Things were definitely beginning to look a lot better ever since this "transfer" of sorts had occurred. Now all she needed soon was a bath, her rewards especially now that she'd proved she was definitely associated with this new group and ..... "alone time" with Alakdriirn. Just thinking of everything she wanted and, would probably get soon, made her smirk more as she went back over to regrab Alakdriirn's leash, holding it firmly once again in her left hand.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    The balor's brow furrows in confusion.

    "I'm...not sure."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Is the Find the Path spell now guiding me towards the spindle in my hand, or still down the tunnel where the spider emerged?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    It would seem so. Nicos tilted his head a bit.
    That just seemed too easy. Relics of any degree of power like that tend to be better protected then that. If that was it, you can bet there will be reprcussions from somewhere. We should still keep on guard. Alakdiirn, are you any good with a weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your guide the path still says "Go down the tunnel." In fact, it isn't even registering the spindle.


    Having noticed the others don't seem to understand Undercommon, his usual tongue he uses when he speaks, Alakdriirn switches to Common before answering Nicos, "My powers are what prevail me. They press me forward in guarding my mistress."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Noted. Theda, could you take point, if we ever move anywhere?
    Nicos briefly cast his eyes around the room, looking for anything that might pose a threat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+1)[2]
    Spot (1d20+1)[21]
    Natural 1 and Natural 20. Hmm, look at that.
    I probably should have invested more ranks in those, given how often I use them.
    Oh, and Detect Magic along with Beguiling Influence are active, and Nicos activates Spiderwalk.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-24 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda tucks the spindle away in her belt for the time being, and glances through the gate at Beelzebub. Well, he didn't seem to be saying anything, so they might as well proceed on their own instincts. The Theda-balor responds mentally to Nicos' request, including the others in her sending.

    "I'm assuming that you mean, now that one living shield has been expended, will I provide another for you? We shall see. It's possible that there is misdirection magic at play here, but I am still drawn onwards down that tunnel."

    Theda scoops up Morditai's remains and dumps them unceremoniously in the bag around Tonn's neck. Almost as an afterthought, she pulls a mask out of her pack and settles it over the dragon's snout. The two launch themselves into the air and lead the way down the passage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Theda puts the Mask of the Demon onto Tonn. His darkvision range is now...obscenely long. Something like 550'. She still has true seeing active.
    Theda spot and listen as they proceed: (1d20+49)[50] (1d20+39)[49]
    Tonn spot and listen: (1d20+16)[23] (1d20+16)[19]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~


    Iivraena nodded, figuring Theda's suggestion had made enough sense. Though, if none of them had sensed it, it must have been really strong. Seems we're not quite done yet.... continue keeping alert.... She merely signed to Alakdriirn, making sure to follow behind all the others. Hopefully, whatever was messing with them would be able to be found and dealt with soon.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    As you all move into the area Theda spoke of the world shakes and shifts, you see the flames from the battle behind you now and the portal gone. The Spindle has disapeared from your possession as well. Before you lies a vast nest of webs and treasures, all harvested by the Spider lord as tributes and taken from other adventurers
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda

    Theda and Tonn pull up short and find a clear place to land as the scenery shifts again. She sends her thoughts to the others.

    "All right, I've done my part and gotten us here. Time for your magicky types to sift through all of this and figure out what's what."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    I was merely suggesting that as the physically strongest, and likely most resilient member of the group, you could lead the way. The warlock says as the scenery shifts. Enough teleporting and plane-shifting in one day, and the surrounding area melting ceases to phaze you.
    Nicos looks around, bemused. And here I was thinking nobody ever wanted you in a treasure room. This has potential to be very bad. He drew his knives, hoping for some kind of help from them.Can anyone tell what does what? Because I can only tell if something is magic. Nicos focuses, looking for something resembling illusion magic in the area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interestingly, using Theda as a flesh shield never crossed my mind. Nicos is, oddly enough, telling the truth here.
    Last edited by Kiranvonstrom; 2010-12-24 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Spoiler
    Show
    No worries! Theda has been pretty quiet and reasonable so far, so it was an opportunity for her to get a bit bitchier.

    Incidentally, though, detect magic and two rounds of focusing should give Nicos what he needs to be able to distinguish minor magic items from what is probably an overwhelming aura from an artifact like the Weaver.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    pilo begins to cast again...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Identify



    I shall see what I can see.

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems he needs another round before he starts getting locations, though, which might be what he needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    A Pilo casts Identify on the thread it reacts absorbing the magic into itself and dropping a bit of thread from itself. The thread begins to spin itself around and shape before forming into a small lizard and scampering off. Though it had been thread before the lizard formed was completely flesh and blood.

    Detect magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    the area around the spindle shows a negative magical aura, almost liken to a magical blackhole that seems to absorb the magic around it. Some of the other items in the webs hold magical auras but those two are slowly being eaten away
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda sees if she can identify a specific focal point for her Find the Path.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tsumeken - you reference a spindle in this room. Is there one that we can see, like the one that we saw in the spherical chamber?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tsumeken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NC
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes you can see it, and it is the focal point that your find the path is going to.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

    One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

    ~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~


    Iivraena blinked as the thread turned into... a lizard? "This is.... certainly some unusual magic...." She mused to Alakdriirn in Undercommon. Due to the nature of it, it seemed more like his --- arcane but she could easily be wrong as she did know of a couple divine spells that worked the same way too. More often than not, however, it was arcane that made objects shift their shapes and forms. After a bit of thinking over, Iivraena nodded and decided to keep her spells saved in case they ran into something that would need them later. No sense in wasting them all now. For now, she remained behind Theda, awaiting to hear what she was sensing ... or not sensing should that be the case.
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-12-25 at 10:19 AM.
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



  26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Theda points at the spindle, in the midst of the threads.

    "There. That is our goal. It seems to be absorbing magic through the threads. Any of you geniuses see a safe way to get to it through the threads?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Theda points at the spindle, in the midst of the threads.

    "There. That is our goal. It seems to be absorbing magic through the threads. Any of you geniuses see a safe way to get to it through the threads?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    isn't the spindle in your hands?

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Endless Plains of MN
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Different spindle? Would Shadow Travel work, do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    Spoiler
    Show
    The first spindle disappeared when we arrived in this room.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    VirgoBushin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boone, NC
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Epic Evil: Group 2

    ~Iivraena Lil'kenafin~


    Iivraena kept quiet as she studied the spindle, trying to figure something out. "Hm.... this is more annoying than it seems...." She murmurs in Common. Her first thought had been to just cut the threads to get to it, but then she realized her weapon was magic. Probably wouldn't be a good idea. Alakdriirn himself was nothing but magic. "Maybe I can figure it out by studying the damn thing...." She finally decided, kneeling close to it but not touching it as she began trying to figure the thing out by studying it as best as she could.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana Check:
    (1d20+18)[20]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

    None at the moment



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •