New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5, Campaign Setting] Traveler's Guide to Zaaman-Rul!

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
    This sounds like a Prestige Class. Something that puts vestiges to rest, dealing with their problems, gaining strength from their final release, etc.
    On the other hand, that would be too powerful a class- a single person capable of putting a vestige to rest and gaining power from it would not only completely screw over every other binder in the setting, but make them more powerful than the people below them. No, I think that they can only be laid to rest as a quest that forms the core of an adventure- a one-time deal. And a prestige class based on taking advantage of a 1-time offer doesn't seem that cool to me.. and, y'know, taking away vestiges is being a jerk, even if you get lasting power from it.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    On the other hand, that would be too powerful a class- a single person capable of putting a vestige to rest and gaining power from it would not only completely screw over every other binder in the setting, but make them more powerful than the people below them. No, I think that they can only be laid to rest as a quest that forms the core of an adventure- a one-time deal. And a prestige class based on taking advantage of a 1-time offer doesn't seem that cool to me.. and, y'know, taking away vestiges is being a jerk, even if you get lasting power from it.
    Considering that I was under the assumption that there would be quite a few vestiges, it didn't seem like a bad idea.

Also; a prestige class that could combine abilities in order to express a sort of Spirit Guide, almost. The spirit guide would probably be an ancestor or something, but it could be an interesting concept.
    Current Project: Campaign Setting

My deviantArt.

Extra fabulous avatar by Serpentine.

My Homebrew

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    NOTHING is simple. NO EXCEPTIONS. No, not even that.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

I pretty much thought to same as DM. Vestiges have things they need done, much like ghosts (ghosts are actually the same thing, spirits unable to move on, but they are closer to our reality, and so can manifest and do stuff; vestiges are ancient and so far gone you can't even talk to them really), and once done, they fade from reality.

Some vestiges are so ancient that whatever they once needed has been lost to the ages and now may not even be possible to achieve anymore.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

New, if slightly irrelevant, update! Mhzentul and his rings do exist in Z-R. In this setting, Mhzentul was an illithid mage and artisan of great skill who specialized in rings. He was unique in that he had five tentacles instead of the four most illithids have, and he claimed it was what let him craft his rings so perfectly (for Mhzentul's rings were famous in their perfect snugness and how they were perfectly contoured for wearing).

His Seven Lost Rings were his masterwork. The master ringsmith secluded himself for the final enchanting, and when his chambers finally opened, the crafter was gone, leaving the seven rings behind. The rings were, as with all masterworks, put on display, and used (as all magical item masterworks are) in a big show. When the ring of the tshala was used, the wearer suffered the tshala transformation, and upon turning back, was incinerated. The rings were locked away in Mhzentul's chambers for fear of their power. Several decades later, when space pressures forced the tower elder brain to repurpose the mage's old chambers, the rings were found to be missing.

Since that time, the rings have cropped up here and there, but never the entire set. The offensively minded rings (burning and coldfire, along with the tshala) tend to appear more than the others.

Currently known whereabouts:
    Ring of Burning: Last seen on a Khavghotani warlord's finger. He was seen pushing into Intolar, then was not heard from. Most probably, he was killed. His ring likely sits on his finger still.
    Ring of Coldfire: Recovered from an Intolian's corpse by a Khavghotani soldier, who it was later stolen from by a member of the Gashtek, who presumably still hold it.
    Ring of Night: A ring matching the description of this one was spotted in Xanteld after being used by a shadow to attempt to effect a rescue of a comrade. The shadow was killed, but the ring was not found. Its location remains unclear.
    Ring of Scribes: Location unknown. Possibly it rests with a famous elven techmage in Alykandor, who's skill is legendary.
    Ring of Stone: In the hands of a dwarf beneath the Irontooth Peaks, who claims an illithid sold it to him in New Intolar. He was last sighted heading out on an expedition to cleanse a kobold warren.
    Ring of the Tshala: Claimed by an Intolian general during a skirmish with a Khavghotani army, the ring of the tshala's reputation for killing its bearer preceded it, and the general sent it to Intolar City for safekeeping in the Imperial Vaults. Presumably, it still sits there.
    Ring of Wayfinding: Held by Mhzentul's legally named heir, in Orlyndol. The heir is seeking the other six, as they are technically his.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

5. - Top - End - #515

I'm wondering how this never came up before, but what happens to Illithid masterworks? Are they locked up in a vault? Kept on display? In either case, how do the illithids prevent themselves from being swamped in the masterworks of previous generations? If they are inherited, how are the rules of that handled? Including secondary succession rules: how do you determine what happens to a masterwork inherited by someone other than it's maker? And how do you prevent, in this case, every illithid living now not having 4-5 masterworks from previous ages?

Also, I like the new work on the lattice. Especially darksteel. Expect more questions on that soon...
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

Do you have write ups on your races? You have their stats sure, but I'd like to see physical description, mindset, names etc.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

I'm wondering how this never came up before, but what happens to Illithid masterworks? Are they locked up in a vault? Kept on display? In either case, how do the illithids prevent themselves from being swamped in the masterworks of previous generations? If they are inherited, how are the rules of that handled? Including secondary succession rules: how do you determine what happens to a masterwork inherited by someone other than it's maker? And how do you prevent, in this case, every illithid living now not having 4-5 masterworks from previous ages?
    The illithids keep the masterworks on display (if possible, some are obviously not) for 1 year, then they are stored in the city vaults. They're trotted out for a themed exhibition now and then. Cities with a lower population keep their best masterworks on display for as long as they have room (there are cities that have pretty much permanent population deficits that keep a handful of masterworks on display all the time). Most cities keep at least one or two on permanent display.

Also, I like the new work on the lattice. Especially darksteel. Expect more questions on that soon...
    The rest will come soon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Do you have write ups on your races? You have their stats sure, but I'd like to see physical description, mindset, names etc.
    ...? It's not clear enough? I can put that on the to-do list, I guess.

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Ring of Wayfinding: Held by Mhzentul's legally named heir, in Orlyndol. The heir is seeking the other six, as they are technically his.
    The illithids keep the masterworks on display (if possible, some are obviously not) for 1 year, then they are stored in the city vaults. They're trotted out for a themed exhibition now and then. Cities with a lower population keep their best masterworks on display for as long as they have room (there are cities that have pretty much permanent population deficits that keep a handful of masterworks on display all the time). Most cities keep at least one or two on permanent display.
    What about for usable magical items?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

What about for usable magical items?
    Mhzentul is not known to be dead, thus the legal succession rites come into play (this is almost never used, but it does come up on rare occasion). Were Mhzentul confirmed to be dead, his possessions and his masterwork would thus pass, by law, to the city.

Usable magical masterworks, unless the rare incident occurs where an illithid makes a legal claim to them (almost impossible) or requests their use for a city-approved task, are subject to the same restrictions as every other masterwork.

Should a masterwork prove to be excessively dangerous (at least five such works are known to outsiders), it is destroyed.

10. - Top - End - #520

Usable magical masterworks, unless the rare incident occurs where an illithid makes a legal claim to them (almost impossible) or requests their use for a city-approved task, are subject to the same restrictions as every other masterwork.
    In what ways can an illithid make a legal claim to a masterwork?
    Should a masterwork prove to be excessively dangerous (at least five such works are known to outsiders), it is destroyed.
    Would that be dangerous to the user, or dangerous to anyone foolish enough to stand in their way? Or if it was both of the above, and excessively dangerous to the continent that it was destroyed on?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

In what ways can an illithid make a legal claim to a masterwork?
    If the original creator has failed to undergo the ceremony of reabsorption, has left their society, and cannot be located, that illithid's legal successor (understood as the illithid to whom they had the closest connection, something only illithids can judge amongst themselves, the process is highly mental and personal; typically, this is an illithid's assistant) gains control over all of their assets.

Alternatively, if the original creator has died but has left a request to the elder brain that its masterwork be used for a specific purpose by a specific individual, and the city brain approves the request, the indicated individual gains the object.

Would that be dangerous to the user, or dangerous to anyone foolish enough to stand in their way? Or if it was both of the above, and excessively dangerous to the continent that it was destroyed on?
    Yes.

Mostly, items of extreme destructive potential or extreme evil are destroyed. One illithid managed to create (by unclear methods) a sphere of annihilation in a containment field. However, the containment field was unstable, and so the city brain determined that destruction of the sphere was required, and had a servitor destroy the field with a rod of absorption.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

This idea was raised in the other thread, and I went through with it, so here you have it, my YouTube channel for Zaaman-Rul related thoughts and background.

My YouTube Channel!

The introductory video is up, and Z-R #1: The History is uploading right now (should be about 30 minutes) uploaded.

Currently, I want to know your thoughts about my "style" (such as it is). The lighting is GOD AWFUL, I'll try to fix that. Is the sound ok? Am I understandable? Talking too fast? Am I making sense? How's the length, too much, too short? Is this even vaguely interesting? Am I horrifyingly awful to listen to?

And, if you liked it and want to hear more, what nation do you want me to talk about next? It'll cover the history of that nation, my thoughts about it, and where I'm taking it. If no one cares, I'll start with Intolar.

Also, on topic for this thread, I'll be finishing out the Lattice sooner than later. Just need to tear myself away from the Monk and Zealot for a little while.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2011-03-22 at 01:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

For the videos, knowing the creator's viewpoint of all the races and having all those extra tidbits of information are definitely worth it. The Alykandorians are, in my opinion, interesting. I honestly have never heard of steampunk elves and the element 17 controversy adds some nice flavor. Hmmm, things that could be added to the elves... I'm assuming they have a fairly powerful navy, seeing as they live on islands. Steamboats? Ironclads? Extremely Overpowered Ships That Were Probably Made By PC's? I'm not very good with ideas, so I'm just trying to expand on what most island nations would have.
    "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zetapup View Post
    For the videos, knowing the creator's viewpoint of all the races and having all those extra tidbits of information are definitely worth it. The Alykandorians are, in my opinion, interesting. I honestly have never heard of steampunk elves and the element 17 controversy adds some nice flavor. Hmmm, things that could be added to the elves... I'm assuming they have a fairly powerful navy, seeing as they live on islands. Steamboats? Ironclads? Extremely Overpowered Ships That Were Probably Made By PC's? I'm not very good with ideas, so I'm just trying to expand on what most island nations would have.
    Hmm. Curious, that someone finds the Alykandorians interesting.

They do indeed have quite the navy. The Alykandorian Navy is incredibly formidable. Their ships are combination sailing ship/steamers, giving them the ability to, in a calm, boost their speed far past what rowers are capable of producing, letting them capture other vessels with ease. Additionally, the Alykandorian navy is renown for stripping enemy vessels they've defeated in battle of their wood and burnable materials, to fuel their own vessels steam engines (saving on compressed steam, not a free substance after all).

Hopefully, more videos will be forthcoming sooner than later. Also, I seriously need to finish the Lattice.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

So if the goblins only have the rothe cows for sustenance, how do they get other nutrition? Or do they get any other nutrition? Or is there any other food that supplements their diet?
    "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

So if the goblins only have the rothe cows for sustenance, how do they get other nutrition? Or do they get any other nutrition? Or is there any other food that supplements their diet?
    Around a month or two ago, a friend of mine challenged me on this IRL. The answer we hammered out (after many prods and challenges from him, a useful function indeed) was fairly detailed, and even included me hunting down a strain of grain that likes cold weather and postulating an evolved variety of that grain that could grow in perpetual snow cover; the base grain was barley, IIRC.

The short answer is that the Khavghotani eat rothe, make a type of flatbread out of their cold-loving grain, and import anything else they can (the wealthy eat produce from Alykandor, for instance). The grain can be brewed into a beer, which serves as the main drink alongside rothe milk. Additionally, the hobgoblins grow mushrooms and funguses in special caves deep in their cities that they then sell to the varags and goblins. The varags take it and sell it elsewhere for a profit, and the goblins just eat it. It's cheap and fairly nutritious as well.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2011-04-20 at 09:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

That makes sense. I saw that the ogres had the wheat and I thought that maybe the goblins had less access to nutritional foods because they were so low on the food chain.

For the process of electing an emperor in Intolar, how is the individual chosen? Is it the most powerful militarily, or politically, or just the best person for serving the Nine Faced Gods will? Also, I find it interesting that the next emperor will be number 42.

Are you going to make any more videos, or is real life being real-lifey?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

That makes sense. I saw that the ogres had the wheat and I thought that maybe the goblins had less access to nutritional foods because they were so low on the food chain.
    They are low on the food chain, but they do get options from time to time. Selling rothe brings many clans money and some limited power/options.

For the process of electing an emperor in Intolar, how is the individual chosen? Is it the most powerful militarily, or politically, or just the best person for serving the Nine Faced Gods will? Also, I find it interesting that the next emperor will be number 42.
    100% depends. For the vast majority of emperors though, they are chosen from the court of the previous emperor. The actual process of ascension and succession (being two very different things, after all) goes something like this:

-Current Emperor ascends to the afterlife, called to serve the Nine-Faced Lords at the end of his 100-year reign.
    -The Golden Throne sits empty for one week, called the Time of Reverence. This is a time of holy holidays and of peace. Intolar is forbidden by law from undertaking any hostile action beyond self-defense during the Time of Reverence and the following 5 weeks until a new emperor takes the throne.
    -The empire then undergoes a one month search for the new emperor. There are unique magical items (actually, reliquaries that hold the bones and organs of the first Intolar, if you're curious) stored in the Imperial Vault that are used for this holy task and that direct the clergy of Ean (the only ones with the legal right to crown a new emperor) to the person that is to be the next emperor.
    -There's normally anywhere from 3-5 individuals that are selected by the reliquaries. These candidates are then tested on all areas of expertise, military, political, spiritual, social, magical, and more.
    -A special group called the Succession Council is called, composed of top military and religious leaders in Intolar. Together, this council determines who from the candidates will wear the crown based on the signs of the reliquaries (believed to be the will of Intolar 1).
    -Finally, there is a week-long festival of celebration across the empire, on the final day of which, the new emperor takes his seat on the Golden Throne, the seat he will not leave again for 100 years.

That's the process, give or take. There's obviously caveats and addendum's and whatnot, but that's the general situation.

Are you going to make any more videos, or is real life being real-lifey?
    Yes, and yes.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Bugbear in the Playground

If the emperor does not leave his thone for 100 years, how does he ddo his "Business"? Is there equipment in the throne itself? Or does he not need to do these things, being simply sustained by the gods?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

What would happen if the Golden Throne was destroyed? Would a new one be made or is it just a symbol of power and responsability?

What happens if the Emperor is assassinated? Would the assassin be hunted down immediately or would the ceasefire apply to that? Is a new emperor elected as usual and does the dead emperor ascend to serve the gods?

Finally, the Golden Throne makes me think of Hellboy 2 and the Golden Crown. Am I just stretching things or does an army of 4900 golems exist?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    If the emperor does not leave his thone for 100 years, how does he ddo his "Business"? Is there equipment in the throne itself? Or does he not need to do these things, being simply sustained by the gods?
    Bingo.

What would happen if the Golden Throne was destroyed? Would a new one be made or is it just a symbol of power and responsability?
    I'm... not 100% sure. It may not even be possible, since that means you're fighting the emperor directly, and he is a direct channel for the Intolian Pantheon. If it was somehow done though, likely they'd make a new one. The physical thing itself is less relevant than the guy who sits in it, though it of course holds a great deal of significance.

Spoiler
    Show
    What happens if the Emperor is assassinated? Would the assassin be hunted down immediately or would the ceasefire apply to that? Is a new emperor elected as usual and does the dead emperor ascend to serve the gods?

Uh... that's another good question. Hmm.

Well, since Emperor 11 was the first emperor to sit in the Golden Throne, protocol exists for the death of an emperor, since the first 10 were not divinely empowered like the following 31 have been. If an emperor is killed (an act believed today to be impossible, since no aggressor has ever breached the city of Shining Intolar... ever) the killer would be tracked mercilessly, and slain publicly in a horrifically gruesome fashion. The ascension process would be fast-tracked, and the Time of Reverence would be held off until the killer was slain.

This is just a guess though. I've not thought about it much, since I honestly am unsure it's even possible. The Emperor of Intolar is functionally a demigod, and this isn't a world where god-killing badasses are everywhere (though people don't skimp on levels, it's just that most people are between level 5 and 15, with relatively few in the 17+ range).

Finally, the Golden Throne makes me think of Hellboy 2 and the Golden Crown. Am I just stretching things or does an army of 4900 golems exist?
    You tell me.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Didn't the Oonai kill the one serpente ruling Intolar, or is my memory failing me? Regardless, I think the Oonai might think assassinating the emperor to be a great enough challenge for them.

The Orlyndaian chrystal representing 5 gp weighs 1 pound whereas the 1pp weighs 5 pounds. Is this intentional and do adventurers always carry currency in 5gp forms because of weight shenanagins?

In the Lattice, under the Industry section, it says that Hizagkuur (sp?) and Darksteel are used for magical items. However, isn't Hizagkuur incapable of being used for a magical item? (Nitpickery to the utmost )

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't the Oonai kill the one serpente ruling Intolar, or is my memory failing me? Regardless, I think the Oonai might think assassinating the emperor to be a great enough challenge for them.
    I... have no memory of ever saying that the Oonai ever killed or even are aware of the Serpentes. If I did, can your provide me a quote, so I can give you a better response?

The Orlyndaian chrystal representing 5 gp weighs 1 pound whereas the 1pp weighs 5 pounds. Is this intentional and do adventurers always carry currency in 5gp forms because of weight shenanagins?
    Fixed that. Don't know why it was 5 lbs, should have been 2.

In the Lattice, under the Industry section, it says that Hizagkuur (sp?) and Darksteel are used for magical items. However, isn't Hizagkuur incapable of being used for a magical item? (Nitpickery to the utmost )
    Hizagkuur is... complicated. It can be used for magical items, though care and special techniques are needed to circumvent its natural magic reflection properties.

Also, I have to know. Are you related to Zeta Kai?

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hmmm. Maybe I'm thinking about something else, but I remember a potentate ruling Intolar for a loooong time until it was assassinated. I can't find it in this thread or the mechanical thread and I'm too lazy to watch all the youtube videos again, so maybe I'm just misrembering it.

For the Devoted of the Hurd, if they are steered into the way of Intolian warbands, do humans ever join the Hurd? Also, their flavor, combined with the mask the guy in the picture is wearing, makes me think of the psychos from Borderlands. Masks? Check. Utterly crazy? Check. The strongest survive? Check. They even have similar expressions. ("Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! is one of them if you're curious.)

I'm reasonably certain there is no relation. A few years back I needed a username I could remember, so I combined a greek letter, zeta, with something adorable, in this case a puppy or pup. In rl I might know him, but I doubt it.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm. Maybe I'm thinking about something else, but I remember a potentate ruling Intolar for a loooong time until it was assassinated. I can't find it in this thread or the mechanical thread and I'm too lazy to watch all the youtube videos again, so maybe I'm just misrembering it.
    Intolar, the empire, has never been run by anyone but the Emperor. The first ten emperors were mortal though, and were basically glorified warlords, so you may be thinking of them.

I recall nothing about any potentates or assassinations or whatnot.

For the Devoted of the Hurd, if they are steered into the way of Intolian warbands, do humans ever join the Hurd? Also, their flavor, combined with the mask the guy in the picture is wearing, makes me think of the psychos from Borderlands. Masks? Check. Utterly crazy? Check. The strongest survive? Check. They even have similar expressions. ("Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! is one of them if you're curious.)
    Humans never join the Hurd. The Hurd kills them on sight.

I'm reasonably certain there is no relation. A few years back I needed a username I could remember, so I combined a greek letter, zeta, with something adorable, in this case a puppy or pup. In rl I might know him, but I doubt it.
    Ah. Was just curious, since I know he has a son. I was understandably confused.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I wonder where I'm getting this potentate ruling Intolar from then. This is going to drive me mad for a few weeks while I look for where I found this thought.

I can see how the name would make anyone confused.

Aaaand I've run out of questions. I'll ask more when I can think of something noteworthy.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder where I'm getting this potentate ruling Intolar from then. This is going to drive me mad for a few weeks while I look for where I found this thought.
    That's a good question. Let me know when/if you figure it out.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Can the metals from the Adamantly Magical thread be used in the creation of a trepek? It would cost a lot, but would it be possible? If a spell was cast upon a hizagkuur trepek, would it be reflected or not? Could a darksteel trepek be magically enchanted and if exposed to all the ingredients, could it change shape? Could a zardazik trepek hide inside of someone?

How much does the average trepek weigh? I'll assume that one would weigh about 30-40 pounds, which is only 300000-400000 gp for a hizagkuur trepek. Have any trepek of such exotic materials been created? (I came up with more questions. Exceeeeellent. )

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Can the metals from the Adamantly Magical thread be used in the creation of a trepek? It would cost a lot, but would it be possible? If a spell was cast upon a hizagkuur trepek, would it be reflected or not? Could a darksteel trepek be magically enchanted and if exposed to all the ingredients, could it change shape? Could a zardazik trepek hide inside of someone?
    In theory, yes, you could make a trepek out of differing materials. It'd be fantastically difficult and expensive, but possible, I guess.

A hizagkuur trepek would basically be magic-immune, yes.

A darksteel trepek could be magically enchanted as normal, and yes, if slaked correctly, could be reshaped into other objects (they'd basically gain the shapeshifter subtype, I guess, dunno how I'd rule that).

A zardazik trepek could be hidden inside of the first living creature it injures with itself, assuming that creature is big enough to contain the trepek's form.

How much does the average trepek weigh? I'll assume that one would weigh about 30-40 pounds, which is only 300000-400000 gp for a hizagkuur trepek. Have any trepek of such exotic materials been created? (I came up with more questions. Exceeeeellent. )
    Trepek are fantastically dense creatures. They weigh about the same as a full-grown human male, so between 150 and 200 lbs, give or take. Yeah, you could make a hizagkuur trepek, but you're looking at a cost of 1,500,000 gp and you'd need more hizagkuur then has ever been collected in one location.

Also, no. No such trepek have been created as far as anyone is aware. The créche forges of Tharkrixghantix have not yet produced any such trepek variants, or if they have, those trepek have yet to leave the draconic citadel.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Well, that allows for some interesting options. Could a trepek have only it's "claws" made of hizagkuur and be an actually useful monk?

Trepek are fantastically dense creatures. They weigh about the same as a full-grown human male, so between 150 and 200 lbs, give or take.
    Ah, I thought they weighed a LOT less. Still, a darksteel trepek would be full of awesome.

I've looked through this thread again and can't find where I found this potentate ruling Intolar idea. Rarr.

If a trepek did the hizagkuur claws thing, would it have to have some sort of ground/rubbber so it wouldn't take electricity damage each round? Could a trepek be wielded as a weapon by say, an ogre? If it was wielded like this, could it use all 5 claw attacks?

Finally, do any more avianes (sp?) exist or did the moon kill all of them?