Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Scarlet-Devil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Gensoquestria

    Default Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    So I'm playing through BG2 again, this time with a female child of Bhaal, and I really want to romance one of the ladies (because f*** Anomen, not that he's a bad guy particularly). Could anyone please direct me to a mod that just removes the gender restriction on the female characters' romances?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Look up "Baldur's Gate 2 Romance Mod".

    It was originally designed so that you could romance all 3 of the available NPC's at the same time if you wanted to, but it has the helpful side effect of forcing them to Romance <Char_Name> regardless of species, gender or previous actions.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Chocolate Hamlet

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    There's also an Imoen romance mod that I'm pretty sure is gender neutral. I mean, I think it is. That would easily be the smallest taboo they're dealing with, there. I mean, jesus, she's your half-sister.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Elemental Plane Of D20
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    There's also an Imoen romance mod that I'm pretty sure is gender neutral. I mean, I think it is. That would easily be the smallest taboo they're dealing with, there. I mean, jesus, she's your half-sister.
    If its the one I'm thinking about its also pretty horrible and obviously not proof-read by someone with an adequate grasp of the english language

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Serenity's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Deep in the Black
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    The Imoen Romance Mod has a strong heart to it, and Imoen will indeed romance a PC of either gender. (Indeed, in one of the last LTs, she discusses discovering lesbian feelings in her childhood.) It does suffer from some unnecessary cruft in dialogue options, but I would't call it horribly written by any stretch. The ToB portion has been in development hell forever; a new writer has recently taken over and is working on a new edition of the SoA portion.

    There's also Chloe, a Mary Sue Kensai (25 Dexterity for God's sake!) who will pursue romance with either a female PC or Imoen. It is, to my understanding, pretty terrible. Never actually played it, though, so take me with a grain of salt.

    There's also Sarah, a female unkitted Ranger from the Umar Hills. I have downloaded her, but have yet to play far into any game with her, so I cannot comment on her quality.
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.

    Defender of

    Don't make me trot out Smite Moron!

    Thanks to Sneak for the Avatar.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iceland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    The Imoen Romance Mod has a strong heart to it, and Imoen will indeed romance a PC of either gender. (Indeed, in one of the last LTs, she discusses discovering lesbian feelings in her childhood.) It does suffer from some unnecessary cruft in dialogue options, but I would't call it horribly written by any stretch.
    The horribleness is that she's your sister.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    I don't remember if Tashia swings both ways, but she might be worth a look.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iceland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I don't remember if Tashia swings both ways, but she might be worth a look.
    Do you mean Nalia? Or is Tashia a mod character?
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Joran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    The horribleness is that she's your sister.
    Technically half-sister. Also, since the half-portion is from a god, it may not count.

    It could still be considered "squicky" though.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Broken Damaged Worthless

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    The horribleness is that she's your sister.
    More horrible is that she's Imoen. *shudder*

    EDIT: Also, Tashia is a mod character.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2010-12-16 at 01:46 PM.

    All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Joran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    More horrible is that she's Imoen. *shudder*

    EDIT: Also, Tashia is a mod character.
    Hey, I liked Imoen from the first game!

    Now, romancing Edwina would probably be wrong.
    Last edited by Joran; 2010-12-16 at 05:33 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Khosan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    More horrible is that she's Imoen. *shudder*
    Hey man, hey...

    At least she's not Aerie.

    EDIT: Or Anomen. Good grief, Anomen.
    Last edited by Khosan; 2010-12-16 at 03:35 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Still waiting on the Mazzy Fentan Romance mod, since we were throwing around the idea of BG2 romances. Mere development hell would be a blessing.....

    I don't particularly like having her in my party, but dammit she's got some great funny lines and I'd like to hear more out of her.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Tam_OConnor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The cradle of humanity
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Please, for the sake of your sanity, don't use Chloe. I think she came up the last time we had an ongoing BG thread. The problem with Chloe is that she's trying to be the main character. Also, SoA content only.

    From what I remember about Sarah, she was very low-key. It's not hard in comparison to the, uh, loudness of folks like Minsc and Edwin, but she's mostly normal.

    If you're less romantically inclined and more physical, the slightly misnamed Romantic Encounters over at the Gibberlings Three might have a few that fit your fancy. But I don't make any promises on the quality of the writing, and it swings from PG-13 to NC-17.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Joran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Hey man, hey...

    At least she's not Aerie.

    EDIT: Or Anomen. Good grief, Anomen.
    My favorite part of BG 2 was when I successfully fought off Haer'Daelis for her affections.

    I had the choice of Aerie or Jaheira and I was kind of scared about how quickly she recovered from the death of her husband...

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    I don't mind Aerie, though I mute the sound when she starts talking.

    I think Mazzy is awesome, though I'm not sure I'd want to romance her unless I was also playing a Halfling.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I think Mazzy is awesome, though I'm not sure I'd want to romance her unless I was also playing a Halfling.
    I don't know why, but "Dwarf Cleric" springs to mind when I think of a match for Mazzy.
    The idea of someone a little wiser/more patient than her and with a genuine connection to a God of some sort just seems to make a nice balance.

    ....At least it would, if not for the way that I play the game. Durkon Thundershield would be a pretty good role-model for me, if only I could stop getting carried away with the flamestriking.....
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pie Guy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    center of earth

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Devil View Post
    (because f*** Anomen, not that he's a bad guy particularly).
    I think the problem is that is exactly what you don't want to do.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    The horribleness is that I don't use spoiler tags!


    I agree, but that's at least fixable.
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2010-12-16 at 10:01 PM.
    trill in da playground

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Och! How else do ye smite yon evil trees?

    I just can't not do a scottish accent with my dwarves. The real trouble is not having them all follow Minsc's footsteps. :D
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    chiasaur11's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Och! How else do ye smite yon evil trees?

    I just can't not do a scottish accent with my dwarves. The real trouble is not having them all follow Minsc's footsteps. :D
    That would be difficult, considering Minsc has much longer legs.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

    Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

    X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Technically half-sister. Also, since the half-portion is from a god, it may not count.

    It could still be considered "squicky" though.
    I doubt that genetics played any part determining whether or not the main character and Imoen are truly 'half-siblings'. The fact that you can choose between several (seven?) different races would hint strongly at this. Besides, if Baal did polymorph (or the god-level equivalent) into a different race to impregnate their mothers, wouldn't the DNA/genetics change with it?

    The only thing needed to be a child of Baal was a spark of his divinity and, I am pretty sure, that isn't a physical thing.

    Where's the 'squick'? Sounds like a knee jerk reaction to me.

    EDIT: Only possibility that I can see of them being actual 'genetic' half siblings would be if Baal used the same human shape to impregnant Imoen's mother and the main characters mother, with the main character being human or half-elf (or half-orc). Still, I find it highly doubtful.
    Last edited by Eldonauran; 2010-12-17 at 07:36 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    I always saw Imoen as a sibling-type relationship even in the original, what with both her and the PC growing up together in the same small community. It's more a Westermarck effect thing than a genetic one.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I always saw Imoen as a sibling-type relationship even in the original, what with both her and the PC growing up together in the same small community. It's more a Westermarck effect thing than a genetic one.
    True. Children raised together often do not see each other as possible love interests. However... I have read way too many books, novels, short stories; watched too many moveis, tv shows, animations and seen other forms of literature where the person that is treated as a younger sibling is harboring interest for the older sibling (I use sibling loosely hear, meaning only two children raised together but unrelated by blood). I can't discount the possbility of it happening.

    And I see nothing inherently wrong with the concept.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    True. Children raised together often do not see each other as possible love interests. However... I have read way too many books, novels, short stories; watched too many moveis, tv shows, animations and seen other forms of literature where the person that is treated as a younger sibling is harboring interest for the older sibling (I use sibling loosely hear, meaning only two children raised together but unrelated by blood). I can't discount the possbility of it happening.
    Well to be fair, I get slightly weirded out in those cases too.

    Of course fantasy D&D games have other issues too, like relationships between species of vastly different lifespans. Imagine if in real life there were people who looked twenty-something but grew up during the early 19th century (or earlier!). It's all kinds of messed up.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Well to be fair, I get slightly weirded out in those cases too.

    Of course fantasy D&D games have other issues too, like relationships between species of vastly different lifespans. Imagine if in real life there were people who looked twenty-something but grew up during the early 19th century (or earlier!). It's all kinds of messed up.
    Yeah, getting a little weirded out is understandable. Heh, it usually starts out that way between the characters too.

    I just chalk it up to 'love is love', no rhyme or reason.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    chiasaur11's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    Yeah, getting a little weirded out is understandable. Heh, it usually starts out that way between the characters too.

    I just chalk it up to 'love is love', no rhyme or reason.
    Doesn't make it right.

    Sometimes love is sincere, fervent, and due to circumstances, horrible.

    Look at Arthurian legend.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

    Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

    X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Doesn't make it right.

    Sometimes love is sincere, fervent, and due to circumstances, horrible.

    Look at Arthurian legend.
    Some love is never meant to be pursued. I can agree with that.

    But if it's not hurting anyone, who is to say it is wrong? ( using the example above, none-blood relations)

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    I doubt that genetics played any part determining whether or not the main character and Imoen are truly 'half-siblings'. The fact that you can choose between several (seven?) different races would hint strongly at this. Besides, if Baal did polymorph (or the god-level equivalent) into a different race to impregnate their mothers, wouldn't the DNA/genetics change with it?
    This is probably very likely, given that at one point in Throne of Bhaal you can encounter a small group of Bhaalspawn that try to attack and kill you.

    This is a group of woodland creatures, including a rabbit, a chinchilla and a bird.

    Genetics saw this game, burst out crying and fled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    But if it's not hurting anyone, who is to say it is wrong? ( using the example above, none-blood relations)
    The theoretical offspring between a pair of BHAALSPAWN - the distilled essence of the God of Murder - and you don't think anyone is going to get hurt?

    Anyways, I agree with Trazoi with regards to the whole relationship. Imoen and CHAR_NAME probably share no genetics, but they were raised as brother an sister and throughout their dialogue (even without the mod) they acknowledge that they share a parent and definitely are siblings of some sort.

    Squick might be too strong a word for the situation, but it certainly is a bit weird.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    tongue Re: Baldur's Gate 2 female x female romance mod

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    This is probably very likely, given that at one point in Throne of Bhaal you can encounter a small group of Bhaalspawn that try to attack and kill you.

    This is a group of woodland creatures, including a rabbit, a chinchilla and a bird.

    Genetics saw this game, burst out crying and fled.
    It's been a while since I've played and I don't remember that.

    How drunk must Bhaal have been to think that was a good idea?
    Last edited by Trazoi; 2010-12-18 at 06:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •